Browse HelpSpace Reviews

Jamie from JamieStenhouse.com

Loving this app so far

Pros

Helpspace has been a huge add on feature to the support that we offer our hundreds of clients, looking forward to seeing how they use our Help Space area moving forward.

Cons

While it is a new software, I would like to see a few extra advaned features such as reports on articles. However I can wait for this.

A beautifully simple customer support system

Pros

HelpSpace had everything I needed to start a customer support system with limited time and resources. In a few clicks, I have a fully searchable knowledge base with my own branding and custom domain, saving me weeks. As well as help centre, there's also the option to host blog and documentation sites too - so if you have product updates, or technical documentation, you can have a separate website for each. As well as documentation, you get a customisable contact form/widget that doubles up as a pretty amazing ticketing system. My customers to get in touch, and I don't have to get lost in emails thanks to the system. It's pretty straight forward to set up, but their customer support is great and their documentation is pretty complete if you get stuck. Probably the best part is how all of this works together and embeds into my site. It's simple to customise and embed, and you can also customise it further using the JavaScript API. It's really flexible, so you can embed your help centre or 'contact us' widget as a large popup modal, or as a smaller widget. For example, my product is a newsletter editor, so on my editor pages, I trigger the HelpSpace modal from a menu item in my own navigation, rather than using their Widget button. Whereas on other pages, I display the floating widget button.

Cons

Whilst the app is pretty complete as an early product (at the time of writing this), there are still some smaller features in progress. They have a public roadmap though so you can see what's coming next, or ask the support team who are responsive and helpful in sharing the progress.

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

I found HelpSpace easier to embed, and with great customisation to fit into my app. It's also much more affordable with a pricing tier tailored for individual founders, so I'm not paying for extra bloat and features I don't need (such as live chat – I'm not available for live chat). HelpSpace focuses on ticketing and knowledge base at the moment, and does that well.

Gaurabh from Tydy

A well thought out purpose-built product

I have been pleasantly surprised by it. I absolutely love that while it has all the features I need, it is very simple.

Pros

Helpspace is a very well thought out product. Every feature is there for a reason and there is nothing that shouldn't be. This tells me that the team behind Helpspace has got a keen understanding of what I want as a user of the product. That said, they have also managed to provide flexibility and options where you need it, for example the idea of having different themes for the Docs feature is brilliant. What's even better is that they ensure that all their features work well together, such as the ticketing feature working with the Docs feature.

Cons

At the moment, I haven't found anything that I don't like. However if there is one thing I would like to request, it would be to make every feature with a responsive layout so I can easily edit even my documentation on my mobile device. (currently the ticketing feature is responsive and works well on the mobile)

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

The focused features that we needed. The simplicity. The cost.

Reasons for Switching to HelpSpace

Intercom is too bloated and their pricing isn't reasonable for companies like ours.

Mario from DBLVD

A helpdesk-platform-dream come true

If you search for a helpdesk platform that is really easy to use and fast and - most importantly clearly arranged I can tell you: You found it. There are so many different options out there, but most are either cluttered with buttons and text or seem unfinished. Helpdesk is the only tool out there (afaik) that combines that simplicity with a really great UI to give your team a really amazing UX. My team has mentioned a noticable increase in speed of operation - because they intuitively find the right button to click and the platform also loads amazingly fast. And nowadays - especially in marketing - timing is key ;) Furthermore they offer such a great set of 3 amazing tools: Documentation, Help Center, Blog. Documentation is your digital manual for products or services, Help Center is your knowledge base and Blog is ... well a blog. All load very fast, look really professional and work extremely great. I had nearly no learning curve for my team as they found every option very fast. CONCLUSION: Helpspace might lack some features in this earlier stage but the features they offer are far beyond most competition. (Especially for the price!) They have an amazing support and development team so I'm sure they will amaze us in every single way in the future. It's not a huge set of unfinished tools which look and feel unfinished but the preferable less functions work great and are rock-solid. I'll rely my own and my clients businesses on them. And that's helpspace.

Pros

• Multiple channels in one place to filter and guide topic related questions and always keep track. • Knowledge base and E-Documentation feature • Fast platform and reliable and efficient workflows • All you need to kickstart your business without wasting time in learning or clicking

Cons

• No direct message / Chat Now - feature (but that's on top of the roadmap) https://supportcenter.helpspace.com/article/148/roadmap • Some minor graphics glitches (e.g. headline line break in blog module) that are all fixed in no-time (had more but sent them a message two days ago and yesterday they were already fixed) • No option to select custom main color (for branding) - but that's not really important • Local german translation not 100% ready (but that's no problem as we mostly have international clients)

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

I tried it and I knew I don't have to look any further as this is what I need and want.

Reasons for Switching to HelpSpace

I received much spam through the contact form (over 200 tickets a day) which I had to delete do manually. Also it was a bit cluttered imho. Maybe also it had too many features. Setup took also about thrice the time (in comparison to Helpspace) The public view of the FAQbase feels outdated.

Diogo from VeryGoodFunnel

Amazing Simplicity and Functionality

Great experience, I had a few setup issues initially and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself solve me the problem in less then 30 minutes.

Pros

This solves one big issue we had before which is how to consolidate every single support channel under one place. Issues are sent and addressed to the correct team, the "site" for a knowledge base functionality is a must and it correlates with the agent taking the cases! Awesome, the support is excellent!!

Cons

More integrations like whatsapp would be great and I know they have some under they roadmap

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

The support the product speed, I saw no glitches at all

Simplicity and "omnichannel" inbox

Vivek from NameID Link

Industry: Graphic Design

A beautiful Customer Support solution for dummies.

Exceptional Customer Care and a team who is open to feedback is a key factor for me to recommend HelpSpace. A good start, beautiful UI/UX, easy to navigate front and back end and a easy to reach and responsive support team, if you are looking for this you can't go wrong with Helpspace. This has potential to be among big player in next few years.

Pros

Customer care and Help desk solutions should be simple to use. Servicing client is a tough task and a software should make you life easier and this is exactly what HelpSpace does. This too with a beautiful and well thought out UI. Everything is self explanatory and exactly where it should be. Design is a big part of my business model and HelpSpace Client side interface is beautiful to look at and easy to navigate which fits perfectly to my brand. If UI and UX means anything to you just get this.

Cons

There are small bugs and issues here and there but this is understandable as this is still a growing product. One time I faced a 503 error on my help page while setting it up. I emailed support regarding this and my issue was resolved within 20 minutes.

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

Lower Cost, Better UI and UX.

Slava from Darano Consulting

Just what we needed, great results!

This is what we were looking for with our small team of multi task users. Task assignment is working great. Teams, folders - it's awesome!

Pros

Customer support is great. Software is very simple to use, you can connect with emails in a minute. It's very intuitive and simple.

Cons

There might be very minor cons that most of startup has in the beginning, but it should be sorted soon with good support.

Reasons for Switching to HelpSpace

We were looking for simplicity, and for something that could work the best for all our team members.

Cyril from PDFShift.io

Nice customer support

Pros

Helpspace is very nice and agreeable to use, with a great user interface. The team is really great, responds very quickly, and is open to suggestions, which is nice. Helpspace works great for my use case!

Cons

Nothing much. The view between "Assigned" and "Mine" could be merged into one, but that's just more an opinion than a con :)

Reasons for Switching to HelpSpace

Intercom was too expensive.

Clayton from Chasemade

So far I'm so impressed!

Amazing interface and bug free solution for email support and help docs.

Pros

HelpSpace has been amazing to use so far. It is really easy to set up and navigate. It has a very user friendly user interface and so far I've found zero bugs. I really like the ticketing system and in particular that when you respond to a ticket HelpSpace automatically marks the ticket as "waiting". I'm really happy with the design options that let you match your brand on your hosted help site. The doc editor is great and bug free as well. The ticket rules are really powerful as well.

Cons

The doc editor is simple and could use a few more widgets but they are already working on improving that.

Interface and price.

Eric from Human Label

Finally a simple ticket system that covers the essentials we need

Pros

Many of today's ticketing systems are still too complex with a messy interface. Helpspace is completely the opposite. Helpspace has just what it takes. It appears that the new features are well thought out and useful: for example the rules in beta (if that does that). Truly an efficient ticketing system for small businesses. This saas gets to the point and does it well.

Cons

Channels (emails) plans could be adapted when when several mails are used for the same service.

Sarah from StaffConnect

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Hooray for Helpspace!

Pros

HelpSpace really has simplified our inbox clutter and streamlined our communication with our clients. It's easy to use interface makes it simple for our team to collaborate and assign tickets so we don't double up on any responses. Their new Docs feature is really great as well. Now we can keep all our support in one place with a thorough knowledge base for our clients to access; although as a design freak, I'd love to have a few more options to make it look prettier, such as the ability to add icons to my categories. But the functionality works well. Helpspace's support is very responsive - if you have questions, you are always covered with their amazing support team and they happily include valid suggestions into their roadmap. Overall, we are very, very happy with helpspace!

Cons

I struggle to use the search function to locate old tickets or previous communications that I've had with clients - which is something we have to do often. Some room for improvement here, but their support team have been transparent about this already being on their radar and more advanced features are coming soon, which I look forward to seeing.

Seth from Somerset Immigration Services

A smooth experience

Pros

The way HelpSpace is laid out makes it very easy to understand. You can get to the section where you want to go in only a few clicks. I am able to use my own email and logo. I can create knowledge base using my own domain and choose from 3 styles (blog, documentation or Help-Center) - it is fast loading too! The analytics feature really gives a whole picture of how your support service is doing - no ticket falls through the cracks. The features are too many to mention but they are all super useful.

Cons

There is a help widget feature that has recently been added and I would have loved for it to also send an automatic confirmation to the user who submits the form. As this widget is still very new, maybe it is in the works.

Ivan from Nested Minds

Clean UX, simple product to use and set up.

It helps me to stay connected with my customers, and to keep track of all issues in an organized way.

Pros

The setup process was step by step, and it was very helpful to see what is wrong with email setup. The product itself is very easy to use, intuitive and has a very clean UX. At the same time, it offers a lot of options like: - documentation web site - contact widget integrated with documentation - Rules to assign an agent, add a tag, or set status automatically I would recommend this tool for any startup or saas company.

Cons

I have no complaints so far. This tool met all requirements I had.

Giulio from grieferking.de

Industry: Computer Games

Communicate effectively with HelpSpace - very good helpdesk tool

HelpSpace helps to communicate easily with customers. You get order through the ticket function and customers can help themselves through knowledge base. Although the company is young, there are already plenty of functions. I am very satisfied and can recommend the tool to everyone.

Pros

Easy to use, many features and support that listens to customers. New features are released often, bugs are fixed quickly. The interface is very fluid and modern.

Cons

No real negative aspects, but a few basic functions are still missing, which will be added according to support.

Reasons for Choosing HelpSpace

The support is very friendly and the prices are excellent.

Response from HelpSpace

Replied May 2020

Thank you, Giulio! Your feedback is very appreciated.

Volkan from KEYZY

Beautiful, functional and helpful

I shared my needs with them and they quickly update the product. The product works correctly, I haven't seen any bugs. It simply does the job.

Pros

I love the product's simplicity and at the same time doing everything for us. They have a great team, they're really helpful and fast. The product is beautiful. There is a combination here, it has the functionality you need.

Cons

It's a new product, they need to work on different things but it's a natural path. There is no cons.

Reasons for Switching to HelpSpace

This product has what I need and it looks better than the older product.

Niloy from codeixer

HelpSpace has almost everything is need for provide cool support the customers

Pros

I can manage 3 email channels from one 1 portal which is very good for me. also, HelpSpace provides documentation sites which is really a time saver.

Cons

Recently HelpSpace added the Trash tab feature for delete messages which is very good if somehow anyone deletes tickets also the custom rules is very useful to assign the tickets to particular teams or agents

Enkhbat from Karakorum Digital LLC

Very clean UI and just works

Pros

Easy setup. Clean and simple UI, which we very liked.

Cons

Nothing. The only issue for some users - It's new and needs more integrations.