All Jamf Pro Reviews

Jessica

201 - 500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2022

Powerful...when you know how to leverage it

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

the best MDM for Apple devices

using to manage multiple iPads at multiple locations and keep software up to date

PROS

Works seamlessly with Apple devices and software, easy to deploy, easy to manage multiple devices in multiple locations.

CONS

a little difficult to learn, if you've never used an MDM before, but it's not too bad once you get it set up

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

price, better integration with Apple devices

Nolan

Reviewed August 2020

Feature rich MDM with excellent support

We're happy with Jamf Pro because we feel confident that we can manage our fleet of machines with more reliability and take advantage of additional features offered by this MDM. We are using Jamf Pro Cloud and the upgrades are automatic. We have cut support time and cost in half due to not having to constantly upgrade and maintain an on-prem solution.

PROS

Jamf Pro delivers software, configurations, and restrictions with accuracy and reliability.

CONS

There are some counter-intuitive processes that might seem redundant or additional steps. Jamf Pro has many features and many ways to configure delivery.

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

We chose Jamf Pro as our platform because of the balance of features and cost that outweighed the others. Jamf's reputation also had a lot to do with our decision.

Reasons for switching to Jamf Pro

We moved to Jamf Pro to take advantage of the reliability of the industry standard for Apple. The issues with our previous MDM kept adding up and we were troubleshooting MDM issues on a monthly basis. Our hope is that Jamf Pro proves reliable for years to come.

Reviewed April 2019

Good for compliance; bad for developers

PROS

Makes it easy to push out mandatory software patches to mass amounts of users, with integrated device policy rules.

CONS

Background processes often cause problems for software engineering teams, due to conflicts with disk i/o that cause throttling of disk usage on build processes. This can lead to complaints from engineering teams that the software interferes with daily development tasks.

Adam

Philanthropy, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great MDM with lots of feature, but you have to hunt for a lot of it in JAMF Nation

Overall, I enjoy JAMF and am very familiar with it and taught myself how to manage the macOS environment because JAMF has many great features

PROS

Basic functionality works great and has many powerful features

CONS

Many things that JAMF can do can only be done due to fellow JAMF admins providing scripts they have created themselves within JAMF Nation (which is an open source free blog site that JAMF manages). It is great but it is also sometimes a bit frustrating to have to dig into how to do this and that and that it is not just built in somehow.

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

JAMF was purchased before I started at my current role. I would have picked Kandji if it were around at the time.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Lots of Features if you use them

JAMF Pro is great but can be a huge learning curve for the entry level IT departments within organizations. But AMAZING when it comes to all the features that it has.

PROS

JAMF Pro is packed with tons of amazing features that larger organizations can benefit from where some of there competitors lack in offerings

CONS

JAMF Pro is a beast of a platform which is great for larger organizations but for can be a bit difficult for smaller orgs. The everyday type tools seem to be deep into the platform to get to vs being easily accessible.

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

I ended up switching from JAMF to Kandji because we just didn't use all the features and couldn't justify the cost of it.

Dwayne

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Great MDM solution for macOS

Overall we have had a positive experience. We only manage our macOS devices at this time, and are really still just getting systems on boarded, but it has been great so far.

PROS

The ease of use. We have been looking for an MDM solution for our Apple products for a while and JAMF provides full support for all Apple products. It was fairly easy to hit the ground running with the on site setup.

CONS

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like. I guess least favourite might be that some outdated things still show up as available such as Imaging.

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

Seemed to have more capabilities and better tie in with Microsoft Intune.

Ben

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Excellent MDM choice for small/medium sized businesses

Extremely positive overall experience. Highly recommended.

PROS

Jamf Pro is a highly commendable mobile device management solution that offers seamless MDM integration. Its unobtrusive process makes it an excellent option for businesses seeking to maintain smooth workflows. The platform also facilitates easy enforcement of IT policies, making it a suitable choice for companies striving to ensure compliance with their policies. Furthermore, Jamf Pro is particularly adept at handling mixed deployments of company-owned MacBooks and BYOD iPhones. All things considered, Jamf Pro is a first-rate MDM platform that delivers exceptional value and performance.

CONS

My only major gripe is that the client software is a bit clunky, especially where non-technical users have to choose what to download from an app library.

Reviewed July 2018

Fantastic MDM for Apple OS and IOS Devices

Ease of use, customization and customer support are the best. This product was designed for Apple products and that is where is shines.

PROS

What I love most about Jamf is the ease of use. The first couple of iterations while workable, did not do what we needed in the education field. What was the saving grace, was the customer support. They came up with work arounds for us until IOS 10 hit. This makes adding software to our district IPads a snap as well as policies for the student use. As for support, I ALWAYS get someone who contacts me within a couple of hours of submitting a ticket.

CONS

My main problem is that there is no find my device or location tracking as with other MDM's. We have thousands of student IPads and a lot of disappearing on a daily basis. This would be a great feature to have.

Ayoub

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Efficient Device Management with Jamf Pro

PROS

I appreciated Jamf Pro's user-friendly interface and robust features that streamlined device management. It made tasks efficient and offered great control over our Apple ecosystem.

CONS

Although generally satisfied, one drawback was the learning curve for some advanced features. Additionally, occasional updates caused minor disruptions in our workflow.

Taylor

Philanthropy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

JAMF Pro Review

Very positive

PROS

Integration is very simple. Knowledge base support and customer support.

CONS

Pricing and small learning curve. Challenging in a small start.

Not applied.

More features and pricing

Jason

Reviewed August 2017

Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support, really listen to customers!

I could not do my job without this software. We are very limited in staff, time and money. Without Jamf Pro, we would not be able to effectively manage the fleet of iPads, MacBooks, iMacs and Apple TVs we have.

PROS

Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support, really listens to customers! Pros: Jamf has been doing this the longest when it comes to Mac and iOS device management. They are a relatively small, yet growing company with Midwest values, that really cares about helping organizations succeed with Apple. They stand behind their product and their support is phenomenal! They are passionate about giving back to the communities they are based in (Chippewa Valley, Minneapolis, and offices around the world). They put on the worlds largest user conference for Apple IT admins and they have the largest user help knowledge base, jamfnation.com. They also provide same day or prior support of major OS and iOS releases. They are constantly refining the product and adding new features to it. If you have an issue, Jamf support will bend over backwards to help you, even if you're not a paying customer. They care that much about you and the product. Also, the soon to be released version 10 will bring many needed changes to the UI.

CONS

Jamf Pro is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. For instance it allows me to manage 6k+ iPads and over 2200 Macs, iMacs and Apple TVs with a very small staff. The money we pay for the solution is more than made up in the ability to manage all of these devices successfully and with a limited staff. That being said, like all software, Jamf Pro has issues. Sometimes these can be major issues. However, Jamf is quick to throw dedicated support at these issues and works hard to fix them. As mentioned above, they are growing for sure and there will be some growing pains along with this growth. The update to the UI cannot come fast enough. Would like to actually be able to pull usable metrics and reports from the product. The logging errors could use more of an update or hotlinks to resolutions (feature request maybe?), but this is more for on-prem hosting. Overall though, it's a great product with a great company and team behind it!

Andrey

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Gold Standard for Apple MDM

PROS

Jamf Pro allows my team to manage our fleet for macOS, iPadOS, and iOS devices effectively. It builds on the groundwork laid by Apple, but executes it in a much more useful manner. The tool allows our users to be self-sufficient when it comes to application updates and installations because we are able to present a SelfService application with IT-approved and packaged software. We're able to use JamfPro to conduct audits on logged on users and time frames whe necessary. Enrolling new devices is seamless when paired with Apple School Manager (education) or Apple Business Manager (enterprise) and the Device Enrollment Program (DEP). Cloud hosted is the way to go with any MDM, allowing devices to reach out to the server anywhere from the Internet.

CONS

The amount of work to deploy and make the product useful is a bit overwhelming. The company is constantly in a process of moving from their legacy Casper platform to the newer JamfPro platform, all while acquiring new components and rebranding them (JamfNow). Applications that were used to interact with the server are being retired, but not all at the same time, so there is a bit of confusion here. Also, I wish there was an easier and less time-consuming way of standing this up, as well as some pre-built tools.

Jonathanwilson

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Jamf @ UCLA Library

Our Macs were largely unmanaged before Jamf, and now we have a good handle on everything and are able to provide a level of support that was impossible before. It's allowed us to not worry (as much) about what device people choose to use for work. It's also allowed flexibility when purchasing new devices for different purposes. If it's made by Apple, we know we can handle it.

PROS

The completeness of features - just about anything you can do with an Apple device, you can do with Jamf. I don't have to worry about not being able to do something, including on the day new software is released.

CONS

The learning curve is high - I would be struggling if I hadn't taken the Jamf training courses (200 and 300). I struggle to explain concepts to employees that haven't taken the training, even when they've taken the Jamf 100. Sort of related is the support for legacy features/systems - it can be hard to tell what is relevant, such as when you type 'sudo jamf help' - there is a lot there that you'd never use.

Reason for choosing Jamf Pro

It was clear that Jamf was the frontrunner, and I was lucky in that no one forced me to create a detailed product comparison. They understood the need and didn't have a problem with Jamf. If they did have a problem, I'm sure it would have been with price.

Alan

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great Mac management software

Overall the experience has been extremely positive and I would definitely recommend Jamf, they are the best in the business. My only negative would be that they sometimes seem more interested in implementing new features than addressing known issues.

PROS

Jamf Pro is a very powerful tool with a rich feature set. There is a learning curve but the training available is excellent, providing you are in a region it is available. We manage a global fleet of Macs and use a hosted cloud instance which allows us to install software, perform updates and just generally manage our Macs no matter where our users are. The Self Service app gives our users the ability to install software when it suits them or run fixes to known issues without having to contact IT.

CONS

Support can be a bit slow at times, as we have a hosted instance when we call support we are often told we have to wait for someone from the cloud team to take a look and get back to us. Also since updating to v10 we have had performance issues because of a product issue which could be resolved by throwing more resources at the server but as we do not host it we do not have the control to do that. Apparently the problem has been addressed in the next release.

Philip

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

JAMF is Best of Breed for macOS Management

JAMF Pro has been great and enable us to do what we need to do every day. The landscape is constantly changing, and the knowledge that we have a tool like JAMF Pro at our disposal give us confidence that we can adapt to any change needed.

PROS

It make management of macOS, iOS, and iPadOS easy and seamless. JAMF always has day 1 support of releases and adds features as needed.

CONS

The new UI was made to make things better on mobile devices, which is was, but it made it a little more confusing on the compute browsers. Icons and text are always preferred over only icons.

Reasons for switching to Jamf Pro

Better support and standardization. Ease of use.

Susan

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Jamf Review

Jamf is everything I hoped it would be, and much, much more. I always highly recommend it to anyone who works with Macs.

PROS

I love that Jamf handles everything Mac related from pre-stage deployment to pushing updates to reporting. Jamf has simplified everything that I do in my job & I rarely have to touch machines anymore. I love that we were able to implement a system to get machines from pre-stage to named, bound to AD & authenticated with 802.1x in a matter or 2 minutes, that is my absolute favorite thing as even doing it by manually I had issue - but I don't anymore.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like, a couple of features I'd love to see implemented but Jamf continues to listen to their customers & update features all the time. We did have a bit of a time getting it to work in our environment with the restrictions on our network & the fact we cannot sync with LDAP, but we figured it out during training & it was no fault of Jamf.

Reasons for switching to Jamf Pro

I had been pushing for years, but once Apple decided to go to APFS & do away with 'imaging' we really had no choice & I was able to convince the powers that be.

Jax

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

The best for Apple device management

It is the best out there for Apple MDMs. That said, the field is still pretty bad. Not all of the issues are with Jamf, as Apple has certainly bungled a few things, like Apple School Manager. But if you're committed to the Apple way of life, Jamf is absolutely the only way to go, and has certainly made things easier on me since we switched from a competitor.

PROS

It does everything you need it to in terms of managing whatever you buy from Apple, with a focus on as much automation for mass deployment as possible. Since they focus on Apple, they have all the latest features available as soon as possible.

CONS

When things break, they can break badly, and a lot of solutions involve running command line scripts and requesting service restarts from support, so if you aren't willing to dig into these sorts of things, it might be difficult for you when support gives you this type of solution. Also, their marketing can be very deceptive, with their analysis on costs phrased as to make apples-to-oranges comparisons and obfuscate their competition's benefits.

Marcus