• Pros

• "The user interface and processing system are fantastic. I am able to do something in a matter of hours that would have taken days and required additional professional services for processing."

• "I love the easy user interface and the fact that we can load, review and produce all on our own. Training my attorneys and staff is a piece of cake! Their customer support is amazing! "

• "Great collaboration, features and accessibility."

• Cons

• "The learning curve on preparing a production/download took some time, but their customer service is always right there to help. "

• "Sometimes the product lags and you have to work slowly. This can hinder the review process in that it take extra time. "

• "no significant issues - sometimes a large file won't load in the viewing pane, but refreshing will usually get it to show up. "

Browse Logikcull Reviews

Andrew from Global Strategy Group

Industry: Research

Very easy to use and instant setup

We do not normally have any regular eDiscovery needs, so we have never invested in any long-term eDiscovery software. However, when we are hit with the need, we often wished we would have an easy-to-use, reasonably priced eDiscovery platform to use to help us sort through our emails. Along came Logikcull, which perfectly fit into this niche for us. Everything about it was easy for us. The sales process was easy, the set up was instantaneous, and its UI was very intuitive. They also have a very helpful Help section and a very friendly and proactive customer support team that will help with any question. For a firm like us that only has an ad hoc need for eDiscovery, Logikcull fit the bill perfectly.

Pros

Logikcull can be instantly set up, is easy-to-use, and has an easy pay-as-you-go plan that allows firms like us, who do no not normally need eDiscovery software, to instantly jump in and start using it whenever we have an hoc eDiscovery need.

Cons

There was not really anything that I didn't like about Logikcull.

Michael from KELLY & KELLEY LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Logikcull is the easiest document management program I have used

I will likely never use another document management software program.

Pros

Logikcull make uploading and document review so easy. I have used other programs that required user intervention to match meta-data fields during upload. I can't say enough about the automation of the upload process. The search, review and tagging process is also so much easier.

Ease of use

Bethany from DiMuroGinsberg, P.C.

Logikcull in a Nutshell

I have had a great experience using Logikcull and we continue using it here at the firm. The support team is incredibly helpful and I have taken several trainings that got my knowledge up to where it is today.

Pros

What I like most about Logikcull is how you can Bates number your own documents without needing tech support to apply these numbers to your pages. Uploading documents is incredibly easy and makes Logikcull an easy platform to learn how to do eDiscovery. The CSV Reports make it incredibly easy to find documents once they have been downloaded and reviewed. And Logikcull makes it very easy to produce documents to opposing counsel, etc. through the program.

Cons

I wish it was easier to work with the documents for Trial Exhibit production. Logikcull is great for discovery production, but I found it difficult when it came to creating Exhibits for Trial. Also once the documents are downloaded, I wish there was a way to view all the downloaded documents in one PDF instead of searching through the various folders.

Reasons for Choosing Logikcull

We liked that it could be accessed online without licencing credentials.

Katharine from Manion Gaynor & Manning LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Usually user friendly, but also frustratingly slow.

Pros

The most used features - reviewing, tagging, and simple searches are very easy and user friendly and not a lot of training is necessary to get started reviewing docs.

Cons

it is incredibly slow. Everything loads slowly, it is hard to quickly flip through documents, and the process for downloading is also frustrating. If you want to download a group of documents, some with bates stamps and some without (i.e. a batch with docs we produced and docs that were produced to us), the system refuses to do that, and, at times, it downloads each document into its own separate folder which is a huge pain when trying to quickly download and use a group of documents.

Response from Logikcull

Replied May 2017

Katharine, Thanks so much for your review. You likely experienced some slowness in the days leading up to our regularly scheduled 24-hour maintenance window. During that time, we completed Logikcull's migration to Amazon Web Services, which gives the platform the processing horsepower, scalability and speed it needs to service several thousand users across the globe. It's also important to point out that, unlike other e-discovery technologies, Logikcull automates more than 3,000 critical processing steps when data is ingested. This is necessary to ensure the integrity of the data, which is one of the main reasons why customers come to us: because they want to be sure they have a complete picture of the entire evidentiary universe. These front-end steps, such as metadata indexing and preservation, OCRing, imaging, virus scanning, etc., also speed up back-end processes, such as creating productions that can be outputted in essentially any format.

Janet from City of West Sacramento

I'd be lost without Logikcull

Pros

The Logikcull software enables me to review thousands of emails/documents responsive to public records in a clear, detailed, intuitive manner without the hindrance of manually pulling and reviewing hard copies. My favorite tool is using a search syntax to find duplicate responses. With the click of a button I'm able to reduce my workload once the duplicates are culled.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes of the software, I do dislike the name. I'd prefer it spelled Logicull.

Reasons for Choosing Logikcull

Taylor from Kohn, Swift & Graf, P.C.

KS&G's Review

Logikcull created no problems - only solutions. Logikcull offered extortionary customer service and support, beyond anything I have ever received before. Thank you!

Pros

the structure, ease of use, operations offered/diverse abilities granted, efficiency, and simplicity. For someone who lacks a strong technological background, the transition to Logikcull and the adoption/implementation process in general was smooth and seamless.

Cons

I have not incurred any features that I dislike about this software.

Logikcull democratizing eDiscovery one case at a time

We've used the tool multiple times for matter and was easy to use. I've recommended to opposing sides. It's easy to use and get a case up and running in no time.

Pros

-Ease of use -Up and running a doc review in minutes -Productions run super fast -Training reviewers is so easy -Pricing model is predicative

Cons

-Some things that other software does easier, from an admin perspective, there has to be a workaround workflow created -price can get expensive as data is imaged & exported -Document storage is not logical compared to other tools (However, is still understandable)

Colin from Pluralsight

Industry: Information Services

Great interface. Quickly kull through various email, storage, messaging data to get the info fast

Pros

I loved how easily it pulls relevant data from Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, etc. Generates searchable fields and metadata on the fly and quickly got us the information we needed. Very intuitive and minimal training was needed. Great pricing as well.

Cons

There wasn't anything that I could think of.

Reasons for Choosing Logikcull

Best Slack integration that we saw.

Benjamin from Law Offices of Peter T. Nicholl

Top Notch Product

Very smooth and pleasing. The only issues we've ever had were user problems due to people not following the correct steps.

Pros

From the initial set up via webcam, to the frequent use, Logikcull is very streamlined. It's intuitive, and very flexible. It can be used to review documents, bates stamp them, as well as send them to Defense.

Cons

It's learning curve is a little steep for the non-tech savy, but once you see how sophisticated the actual implementation is, you realize why it has to be this way. Still much easier than others we tried.

Reasons for Choosing Logikcull

Ease of use, price and support.

Dave from Arlo, Inc.

used for small project

I needed to sort through a few hundred emails in anticipation of a potential law suit. We only used the program at it's most basic capability level as we were able to settle our dispute before serious legal maneuvers were required. Customer support was good.

Pros

I'm an older person (78) and don't like most software because it's not intuitive for guys who grew up without computers, but this program was reasonably easy to use

Cons

It's a bit hard to weed the advanced features and get to the basic features someone with simple needs wants

Joshua from Broad and Cassel

Industry: Law Practice

Logikcull: Fairly good, still needs some work

Logikcull is a web-based document review program, designed for human reviewers to sift through documents (as opposed to the new wave that are extremely automated). Many of the features of the program are fairly standard for this field: It imports documents (in my case, PST files from Outlook), scans them for duplicates, OCRs documents that don't already have machine-readable text, & allows the review manager to run boolean searches on the documents to weed out obviously non-responsive documents, set up tags, & parcel out sets to reviewers who then read through the documents & tag them according to the review protocol. I've used a number of different doc review programs over the course of about a decade, some using locally-installed software, some run through web browsers. Logikcull seems to be well put together & as capable as most. My personal opinion is that automated review software is the way to go in the future (I regret the effect this will have on reviewers' incomes, but reviewing is a terrible job to have to endure, & honestly, software with some human management can probably avoid human errors & reduce the amount of manpower required to produce a good set of documents) so Logikcull isn't where it needs to be. In addition, there are some glitches: You can't review too fast, because you must wait for each tag a reviewer codes to be saved before doing the next one. Tags can be assigned colors, but the colors glitch back to their defaults for no clear reason all the time, making this rather useless. Tags can't be renamed, & organization is frustratingly limited. The interface is attractive (not that anything wouldn't be compared to, say, Kroll) but 'fat' -- It takes up a lot of screen space, & I ultimately had to start using a 40" 4K monitor for comfort. You can't see search term highlighting in the actual document view; it can be accessed, but not conveniently. There is no near-duplicate matching, or assistance in finding single documents that include entire threads to reduce duplicative reviewing. The software doesn't make it easy to see how families & threads are organized, & under some circumstances can become hopelessly fouled up in this regard. If you need to code whole families & threads, it doesn't give you good estimates of project scope. Etc. I have found their support staff to be easily reachable & helpful. They are receptive to feature requests & bug reports, but I haven't noticed any of mine acted upon yet.

Pros

It's run through a web browser, so no need to install special software. The UI is attractive and easy to understand. It seems to be able to cope with large reviews. There are a lot of different criteria which can be used for boolean searching to pare down the documents into a potentially-responsive pool. Most importantly, the support provided by the company is very responsive; I never have a problem getting someone to answer me, usually very quickly. Uptime is good (though scheduled downtime does occur, rather than the system being designed for five nines uptime).

Cons

The most serious problem is that if you try to tag too quickly, Logikcull can fail to save your work, & can fail silently so that you don't know unless you look for it. This arises when you want to tag a document with more than one tag & check the second tag before the first one has indicated that it has finished saving (which takes a second). This is not good for fast reviewers, as it slows their pace to that of the software's ability to save. Other issues: * You can't rename tags after they are created, & cannot reorganize them at will * No identification of near-duplicates * Boolean searching could be refined in several ways. I appreciate the highly granular options, but I would like some less-granular ones too, like whether an e-mail address appears in any e-mail address field. Also, the ability to use a mixture of handwritten searches and assisted searches using forms (right now the form wipes out the handwritten search). * Live filters on search results cannot be frozen; If you do a search, & then filter out tagged documents, tagging one of those will knock it out of the filtered results immediately, making this unhelpful for resuming partially completed sets. * Poor handling of threads and families: Can only view one family in one thread at a time, no combined hierarchical view, serious problems if an e-mail has another e-mail as an attachment. (Thanks, Outlook!) * Tag custom colors glitch; also not many options * Very limited names, re: symbols, length

Response from Logikcull

Replied August 2018

Hi Joshua, we appreciate your candid review, and we agree that automated review is the future of discovery. Thats why were working hard to build Instant Discovery - where you can start a project in seconds, search documents with Google-like ease, and where all of the risks associated with traditional eDiscovery solutions are eliminated. I trust that since you first began using Logikcull, youve noticed the platform moving quickly in this direction. To address some of your other comments directly, handwritten documents are now searchable on Logikcull and you can also toggle any search between frozen and dynamic, and filter on the ends of threads in Logikcull. And soon, you will be able to rename tags after they are created. Again, we thank you for your great feedback. It is essential to helping us improve the user experience. Our 24/7 support chat is always available to help you in any way possible, or feel free to reach our support team at support@logikcull.com

Siobhan from Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll & Greenfeig - Rockville

The iPhone of E-Discovery Platforms

We are a growing firm with a wide variety of technological skills and comfort levels, and Logikcull has been an excellent fit for us. It is apparent that user design and user experience is at the forefront of decision-making at Logikcull. Whereas some platforms are driven by engineers, and others are driven by enterprise, Logikcull is driven by UX designers. There are some trade-offs in terms of customization, file compatibility, and functionality beyond the document production stage, but I have yet to encounter a more intuitive or user-friendly platform. Logikcull's support team is approachable and readily available to answer any typical user questions, which saves us from worrying about increased demands on our IT department. Training resources are also free and readily available -- though the time zone difference from EST to PST can occasionally present challenges. Logikcull's pricing model is another one of its strengths. As we continue to expand usage across the firm, we are not yet in a position to lock ourselves into a contract, so pay-as-you-go per matter pricing, with its predictable low monthly rate, has been a very helpful tool to ease our clients and partners into the not-so-new world of e-discovery costs. Logikcull may not be the most powerful product on the market, but it has been the perfect platform for us as we introduce our clients, partners, attorneys, and support staff to e-discovery technologies and the associated costs and benefits.

Pros

Extremely intuitive and user-friendly; Cost-effective for small to medium firms

Cons

File compatibility is limited to standard, Windows-based programs (i.e. Microsoft Office), images, PDF, and PST; Limited functionality beyond the document production stage;

Tom from Pfeiffer FitzGibbon & ZIontz LLP

Very Good Option for Hosted E-Discovery Solution

This software has a very approachable user interface with a clean, modern look and substantial power on the back end to handle e-discovery projects. It is all browser based and works by providing search results in batches that can be filtered, coded and tagged, including by family structure. I had no problems in accessing the program and it is secure because it is in the cloud. It works well even just doing simple searches, but once you learn more about how to find and manage the results, its power and ability to speed up projects can really shine. It can handle complex searches and uses filters effectively to speed up the process for lawyers or reviewers. The speed is very good and it processes searches quickly. It can use an unlimited number of tags which can be very helpful, but will require protocols for a case with lots of people involved. The production process is fast and fairly simple and creates load files for all the major platforms although some additional output options would be nice if you have complex output requirements. I would like to see additional options regarding processing of privileged material so that you choose to Bates number it, but then not produce it. The initial indexing occurs fairly quickly although unusual file types can sometimes slow it down, but had over 60GB processed and ready in less than 24 hours. The staff is very knowledgeable and responsive, which is helpful, especially at the beginning of using the product. The product is priced to compete well with vendors for serious projects and can easily handle small projects. One issue that can arise, as is true in any per-GB solution, is to try to eliminate useless files before upload so they don't count against your data limits. In addition to the namesake ability to "cull" non-responsive materials (which means they don't show up in later searches), the Company is adding the ability to remove unwanted data which will reduce the storage needed on projects. This is a very competitive e-discovery platform and I would recommend taking a look to see if it is the right fit. It is geared towards firms that will have a number of e-discovery projects (even though it could be used for one off projects) and its benefits will only grow as the users become more proficient with it. It has a base monthly charge, which you can likely pass through, but the advantage is that you can cut out processing costs from e-discovery vendors.

Katie from Veolia North America

Logikcull saves time and money. The software is intuitive and requires no support from our IT team.

Pros

I love how easy it is the process and review data. To process data with our old solution, I would need support from the vendor AND our IT team. The processing was very slow and while it did the job, the search/review functionality was limited. With Logikcull, I can process data from anywhere there is a WiFi connection and I do not have to wait for the vendor or IT to get started. Thanks to the filter carousel, I have a ton of information available about the collection as soon as it's done processing. Logikcull essentially takes the first pass at the documents for me!

Cons

Because Logikcull is so efficient and I've revealed (and raved about) its capabilities with my boss, I now do far more discovery work in-house. Definitely not a win for my workload (or stress level sometimes), but the cost-savings are a big win for the Legal department and the company.

Jake from Newman | Du Wors

Logikcull is really a revolutionary eDiscovery product. We rely on it now.

Cost-effective and highly efficient document management and production under our control. That last part is huge.

Pros

Logikcull evolves with our needs and the company is incredibly responsive to suggestions and requests. Most importantly, it's easy to use and doesn't require a hefty investment in learning a confusing interface. It looks like a modern web application because it IS a modern web application that is applied to eDiscovery, which is an industry where UX and UI are often second-class citizens. In short, Logikcull is a huge advance for lawyers who need an everyday solution for document management, robust discovery tools and document production.

Cons

It still lacks some features common to older database-driven eDiscovery applications, but the gap is constantly narrowing.

Chris from Smith Hulsey & Busey

September 2016

Conducting a privilege review has never been easier

We recently had a case where we needed to conduct a privilege review of emails related to our client. Logikcull was the perfect choice for several reasons. 1. We were able to upload the emails and begin reviewing within minutes. We did not need to wait to talk to a project manager or anyone else from Logikcull before we began our project. 2. Logikcull's "Potentially Privilege" QC tag identified many of the emails we were looking for before we even began our review. 3. Other privileged communications were easily identified in bulk using the "Email From Domain" and "Email To Domain" categories. 4. The reviewing attorney is not a "power user" of other document review tools, but was still able to begin his review without having any training sessions with Logikcull. 5. The pricing was simple and straightforward (although I wish it was based on compressed data uploaded, rather than expanded data hosted after processing). 6. We contacted the "Help Desk" with a few technical questions, and we received a response within seconds by using the "Conversations" feature (which opens a chat dialogue). The answers to the questions were saved and were available for reference later during the review. One feature that I wish was more developed in the privilege review context is the ability to generate a privilege log after flagging the privileged documents. While a privilege log can be generated using the "Export to CSV" feature, it would be nice if there was a separate button or option that walked the user through the process of creating a customized privilege log prior to downloading the file. Full disclosure: I consider many of the Logikcull team members to be my friends, but one of the reasons I like them is that they are all passionate about their product and providing excellent service to their customers. They are also passionate about educating people on a grassroots level, and they recently sponsored and participated in an event for the ACEDS Jacksonville Chapter (of which I am the President) where we discussed the "Processing" stage of the EDRM.

Jenna from Turner Padget Graham & Laney

Satisfactory, but leaves something to be desired

Rapid searches, easy tagging, great filters

Pros

I enjoy the filters available through tagging and the ease of use with tags. I particularly enjoy the e-mail domain filters, that makes it especially easy to sort of privileged documents or locate correspondence. I am a construction litigation legal assistant, so much of what I do is looking for a needle in a haystack when the needle may not even be there. It is a powerful search engine and I was easily able to sort through 15,000 pages of documents to find precisely the information I was looking for. It was one page in those 15,000 pages. It saved me days and days of work.

Cons

I do not believe the de-dupe feature is up to par. I am consistently finding duplicates even within the same page on a search. It has not eased the burden of the dreaded e-mail chain, and I wish there was a better way to filter that out. Moreover, it can be slow to filter through things. I want to be able to click and it pull faster, but that may be a network thing. I also wish there was a form of communication like chat so that I could shoot my attorney messages about a specific document without actually tagging him. When I tag him, he gets an e-mail notification which I know he doesn't care for. I use this software far more than my attorney, and it needs to be as easy as possible to communicate with him and I don't think @-name- is exactly the best.

TJ from Ungerman IP PLLC

April 2016

Logikcull levels the large firm/boutique firm e-Discovery playing field.

Logikcull is extremely user-friendly and relatively easy to use -- even for someone with little to no eDiscovery experience. The more complex features of Logikcull may require an extra tutorial session with Logikcull's support staff to become at ease with the software, but they are very helpful and accommodating. The Help section of the Logikcull site is pretty comprehensive though -- it includes videos and gifs on virtually every feature/scenario, so access to the Logikcull support team is a bonus. Data uploads and downloads process pretty quickly (within minutes) unless you have over 20GBs of data, in which case it may take up to 8 hours. That's brilliant considering all of the data analytics options included with Logikcull's processing. Despite transitioning from a large firm with an eDiscovery/Lit Support department that handled everything, to a smaller firm where I manage the Lit Support, Logikcull enabled me (a novice) to upload/process/analyze almost 100 GB of client data within 24 hours. We were easily able to separate/cull source code and complete a full review of the client's remaining data and create/download a document production with confidentiality designations and Bates numbers to opposing counsel within 1 week. Amazing! After receiving opposing counsel's production, I was also able to easily upload their production data load files for our review. Please note that at this time Logikcull is unable to render Mac files (Pages/Numbers/Keynote) to tifs/pdfs. That will have to be done outside of Logikcull before uploading. However, Logikcull does retain the native Mac files for production purposes. The Mac files were less than 1% of our upload, so it was a non-issue for us, but knowing that tidbit beforehand may be useful to Mac users. So whether you're a large or boutique firm, Logikcull makes e-Discovery expertise cost-effective and accessible to all.

Tyler from Allensworth & Porter

The Market Standard for eDiscovery

See review

Pros

Flexibility, speed, and responsiveness to feature requests. This is software that makes small firms able to compete with the biggest in the business. It also allows firms to customize every aspect of their document production and/or request for documents to opposing parties. Data management is a key to litigating effectively, and Logikcull makes it easy,

Cons

Price needs be decreasing annually, not increasing. Software is getting increasingly competitive and Logikcull needs to respond to the market.

Lori from McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC

Industry: Law Practice

I've been using Logikcull for about a year now and absolutely love it!

We are able to more self-sufficiently manage our document reviews on our own timetable and ramp up or down as necessary. The clients save money and our costs are reliable and simple to explain.

Pros

Cons

I wish I could delete documents from the database that I don't need so they come out of our storage costs. I'm happy to cull them so I don't see them and they don't appear in my search results, but many times I have huge slugs of complete garbage and I'd love for the client not to have to pay to store that junk.

Brad from Turner Padget Law Firm

Logikcull offers the same features of other e-discovery platforms for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Easy to use interface. Lots of power search and tagging abilities. Easy upload process. Many out of the box filters are already created for you so you don't have to learn how to use power searches to get most of the functionality.

Cons

Lacks ability to search the body of a document in the previewer for keywords. You instead have to run a keyword search that will search a plain text copy of the document in the same viewer but you can't jump to that section in the original document below easily.

William from Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Great document review system. Very intuitive and easy to use.

By taking the ESI discovery process in-house, we turned a cost center into a revenue center. At the same time, though, we are able to cut our clients costs significantly.

Pros

This program is so easy we are able to get a team of reviewers going within minutes. What is more, processing documents for production is also very easy. With Logikcull, we were able to bring 95% of our ESI collections/review/production in-house which saves our clients a ton of money.

Cons

From time to time, we discover a bug in the software which can slow down the review process. For example, there is a weird bug: say you are reviewing responsive documents and have your settings on "20 documents per page." Say you get to the 20th document and change the tag from "responsive" to "non-responsive." Instead of disappearing from the set, it remains.

Liana from Porter Scott

Logikcull is a robust user friendly e-discovery tool to manage document volume and finite details.

Document management balanced with finite details and opportunities for annotations with notes.

Pros

Logikcull's upload process allows users to name the uploads, thereby creating opportunities for naming conventions and other important information while the file name remains intact. Logikcull's notes that appear in the Document Info pane also allow users another opportunity to input important information about a file that may not be suitable for capture in the upload process (such as document legibility). Both the upload description and notes are important features that can eliminate confusion when tracking litigation hold requests and responses from multiple custodians or other document monitoring associated with litigation. Logikcull's customer service chat feature is outstanding and the support team members respond immediately to inquiries. The customer service chat feature is a definite plus for Logikcull users.

Cons

Logikcull OCRs documents but in the process the pages that should appear in landscape orientation are not rotated.

Ben from Fisher Phillips

A Useful Tool

I'm still learning how to use this tool, so I don' t feel like I have an expert level opinion just yet. What I have used this for is organizing some small scale document productions. At this point I'm more excited about the potential of the tool than anything. The search and tagging options are numerous and flexible and have been useful with what I've used them for. In particular, the ability to review and organize large numbers of emails is very helpful. I'm actually kind of looking forward to using this for a larger production to see what it can do because the early returns have been promising. I marked 3/5 on Value because there was no NA option. I'm a paralegal who uses this tool, I don't pay for the license. I do believe it is a time saver compared to our last production system.

Pros

The search function is very flexible. I like having tags. Our office was doing review and production of documents manually before we started using this product, so it's definitely a huge upgrade over that. I'm not actually all that familiar with the other features. Despite that, it has been relatively easy to use so far.

Cons

I don't feel like I'm familiar enough with it to have encountered issues yet. As I learn it, I may find something.

Trey from Randazza Legal Group

Best eDiscovery product I've ever worked with

Pros

Logikcull makes uploading and reviewing documents super easy, the process of uploading database files is simple and intuitive. You can search, review, and sort through discovery documents with ease. An added bonus is their flexible pricing, which allows you to easily scale your use of the product without making any significant commitment. Their invoicing allows you to easily pass your discovery costs to the client without any hassle since it itemizes your data usage by product. Their support is always a breeze, anytime I've ever had a question, I was always able to immediately have my questions answered by their live-chat support. I can't tell you how much time and energy we've saved by switching to Logikcull,it's made everyone at the firm's lives easier.

Cons

Although the database uploading is as easy as they can make it, in my opinion, it still can be a pain to work with. Luckily, however, their support has always been available to help me through the process whenever I needed help.

So Easy to Adapt for Translation

Great folks and great product. Would call them again right away if I had discovery to conduct.

Pros

Adapting to handle non-English documents was easy. The language ID software did exactly what it was supposed to do. Then it was so easy to access my docs and machine translate them. Logikcull refers a partner with a great system. From there, as I have said before on Capterra, the ease of use comes through in the clutch. I have authorized linguists on dozens of platform in the last 10 years and none of the typical snafus happened with Logikcull. The helpful sales guy CSR knew just where the "workaround" was to store the translation produced by my contractors. They said it was ad-hoc but it worked as well I needed it. Great job Logikcull - easiest platform I have ever used making me more efficient than ever (didn't need to tell my boss that time usually spent chasing translator errors around the platform found me working on my short game enjoying the California sunshine). Cheers!

Cons

It really would be helpful if the machine translation was piped in directly to process documents. The referred vendor's system was a breeze translating to a specified level only in accordance with need. With MT and service directly in to the platform I am sure I could review half of the foreign language as machine translation without have to hire bilingual talent etc.

Michael from Gravely & Pearson, LLP

Logikcull seemed a little overwhelming at first, but significantly cuts review and production time.

Pros

The tagging and bates numbering features. this makes it easy to search and categorize documents. The bates numbering is a "must" in the legal community.

Cons

i find it difficult to find a bates number on a document that has already been produced. It find it difficult to locate an opposing party's production by searching a bates number on the opposing production. Many times we need to go back and find a document in either our production or an opposing party's production by bates number. I frequently leave off in the middle of a review and search of, for example, a client's doc production. I wish Logikcull had a way to "bookmark" so i can pick up where i left off on review.

Brad from Turner Padget

TPGL Logikcull experience

Pros

The product is very easy to navigate; it has a simple but effective interface with tons of power search tools and the ability to output document production in multiple formats. Logik is a great company to work with, their tech support always responds quickly with useful answers and they are very open to customer feedback.

Cons

The document previewer is a little slow to load larger(100+ page pdfs and etc.). Also the ability to do certain things like delete a document upload set from a project would be nice.

Srikant from QuisLex Legal Services Pvt. Ltd.

Logikcull has proved to be a no-frills software using which gave immense autonomy.

Pros

1. Easy to use - Even a beginner can become comfortable using Logikcull. 2. Efficient and Effective features - Some of the features like testing terms without actually running them is very effective and time saving. 3. Autonomy - Ease of uploading and downloading data gives absolute autonomy over the overall EDRM process.

Cons

1. Slowness - Document loading time for review (in a native viewer) can be reduced.

Kris from Steyer Law

Able to review and code several documents in an organized and efficient manner.

Pros

The layout of all the various elements of document review is quite user friendly. I also enjoy how easily I can jump to a different reviewer or different custodian to search for specific documents. The keyword search option works very well. It is very easy to contact customer support chat if I encounter any issues while using the software. Furthermore, customer support always has a prompt response to any issues I point out.

Cons

The review window for each individual document is not as efficient of a layout as I'd like. I often have issues with loading the "native" version of the document file and at times I cannot download it. I also wish that the software would provide a pop-up window if it was about to sign the user out as I often have to review other sources outside of Logikcull before returning to document review. It can slow down my progress when I am logged out due to inactivity and would appreciate a 90-second popup warning.

Benjamin from Kinney Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

An indispensable tool for solo and small law firms

My small business client was served with a subpoena for documents and correspondence from a government agency. As a solo serving a small business client, we needed a way to gather, sort and process tens of thousands of documents and emails to respond to the subpoena. Logikcull made the process easy by automatically processing the documents and correspondence and allowing me to target our search for a specific time frame and document set. The user interface is intuitive and easy to work with. Thanks to Logikcull's document processing system, I was able to review the documents and prepare a response to the subpoena in a matter of hours rather than days. Logikcull was even able to properly format the response for electronic filing with the government agency! Any issues I had with my project were quickly resolved by the customer service team, which really went the extra mile to help me with the response. Logikcull's software saved both my client and myself days of work and thousands of dollars in legal fees. This type of program is truly a "force multiplier" for solo and small law firms. It allowed me to take on a client matter that typically would have been outsourced (at much higher cost) to an outside law firm. I am certain that I will be using this tool for future litigation and it allows me to greatly increase the service and value I can offer to clients.

Pros

Cons

The pricing system runs on a storage basis rather than a usage basis. It is not a problem as long as you remember to delete or archive your project once the matter is concluded.

Jamie from Barrett McNagny LLP

Industry: Law Practice

The absolute best litigation software

Reduced the time and errors incurred in the discovery process.

Pros

This platform is the most comprehensive, intuitive, and user friendly litigation software out there. It's so easy to use even an attorney can use it! The ability to tag another user in a comment and that comment is then emailed to the user with a link to the document is the most ingenious feature of this software.

Cons

I have had a few server issues where the network was unable to create a new tag. Those times have been far and few between. For the price of this service, our firm would put up with much worse.

Emily from Cheng Cohen LLC

Industry: Law Practice

A Great eDiscovery Program with Superb Customer Support!

Pros

Granted there was a big learning curve in trying to figure out how to use the program (since I never really dealt with the specifics of eDiscovery), but as with anything, the more I played around with the various functions and used it for our case-matters, it became quite easy to use.

Cons

I wish you had the option to specify what wording you wanted to include on a slipsheet for a specific file type. I also wish it had the ability to automatically identify (or the option to designate) how you will receive opposing parties' document productions when not produced in a "typical" eDiscovery program load file (i.e. we receive the majority of opposing parties' document productions in PDF file and/or PDF file and native Excel file formats only.)

Ciro from Romanucci & Blandin LLC

While hard to learn at first, Logikcull has astounding abilities. 10/10 recommend

Pros

I love how easy it is to get through so many thousands of applicable documents in a flash. Having to use the site every day, I have a lot of experience culling through thousands of documents, and it makes my job easier being able to automatically know that I'm going through the correct documents. My favorite aspect is the ability to save searches.

Cons

I disliked how hard it was to learn at first. However, once I learned how to maneuver the abilities of the site, I have been able to become much more effective.

Nancy from Thompson Coburn

Logikcull Review

I found the loading process of native files to be very efficient, accurate and simple. I loaded over 30 gbs of data from one zip file overnight. When I came in the next morning, my documents were ready for review. I found the support staff to be extremely helpful and available at all times I needed assistance, seven days a week. The interface of the program is very intuitive and our review teams were able to review documents with little to no training. The document production method in the program is equally efficient and intuitive.

Pros

My favorite feature is the processing of date and ease of document review and production

Cons

I would like Logikcull to develop a method whereby the production bates numbers can be a choice to be included in the document view and print options.

Chy from Newman Du Wors LLP

Great collaboration, amazing support

I haven't found Logikcull to be the most intuitive e-discovery software, but it has the absolute best customer support. The program itself if very robust, lots of features and is great collaboration tool. My team loves the ability to log in from any computer, I love that I can customize for our projects. What brings my team and I back to Logikcull is it's support. They respond quickly, aren't condescending (hugely helpful with non-tech savvy personnel) and know their stuff. Nothing more frustrating that being up against a deadline and unable to get assistance, or that assistance being unhelpful. Logikcull is constantly evolving, adding more features and really catering to it's clientele. Great program, highly recommend.

Pros

Great collaboration, features and accessibility.

Cons

Can be confusing to run productions for first timers.

Modern E-Discovery Platform

Pros

The best part about Logickull by far is that it is cloud-hosted in a secure environment and does not require physical servers to operate. The platform is also robust in it's predictive coding capabilities and has been successfully used for both internal investigations and litigation-based document discovery productions.

Cons

The user interface could use some work when compared to its competitors. The searching interface also could be better improved for speed in constructing, saving, and running searches through the database. Additionally, the predictive coding, while often good, does produce inconsistent results at times despite ensured accuracy in the seed sets.

Heavy User of Logikcull

Pros

Functionality of sorting and searching!!

Cons

The lag time can be a pain, and it also freezes occasionally in large databases.

Erin from Center for Advanced Legal Studies

I use Logikcull to teach paralegals how to administer and use document review software.

Logikcull embraces change and is leading the way into the future with their approach to document review by recognizing what people need and pricing it right. I have used several different document review platforms at an administrator level. Trust me, I know.

Pros

The team at Logikcull are awesome! Really isn't that the is the most important thing? And, if that was not enough the software is user friendly, easy to learn and use and it does what you need. My students watched a demo and flew through all of the exercises I had them do to test their abilities.

The premier document management software available.

Pros

There is no lagtime when using Logikcull. It allows you to tag, search, collate and srank documents easily.

Cons

The color palette used in tagging documents seem too similar to me. Highlighted words should match the tag which reference the highlight.

July 2015

Michael from Winget-Hernandez, P.C.

Tiny Firm Enjoys BigLaw Benefits

Pros

Logikcull is easy to use and makes economic sense for us and for our clients. Technical support, both in terms of online how-to resources, and live telephone support, are brilliant.

Cons

Can't think of anything. I've used this product for about 2 years off-and-on and it just keeps getting better.

Tabitha from Hocshcheid & Associates, LLC

I am a recent user the sign-up, training and ongoing support have been amazing.

Pros

Intuitive user interface, excellent help including faq, the ability to share data and have client's drop information in for my review. I like the ability to search by date range in emails and to search blocks of bates stamped documents. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a system especially small offices who only need a system occasionally. You pay when you use it and that is great for a solo or small firm and for litigants who are budgeting the cost of litigation.

Cons

I would like to change or add search terms without using the expansion functions. I think an indicator of whether or not a document is native would also be good. I know what native docs are but many lawyers have no idea.

April 2015

David from Law Office of David Steinfeld

April 2015

Cost effective, easy to use, reacts to market and user needs

Pros

Logikcull is easy to use and is the only e-discovery software company of which I am aware that offers a free account up to 100 Mb. The software works on any platform and device. Uploading is easy and fast. The software makes it easy to handle any amount of data more efficiently.

Cons

I am told that Logikcull is improving the flexibility of its production/download capabilities. It already is a very effective component, but there are improvements that are apparently in the works that will make it even easier to use.

Tony from Drewry Simmons Vornehm, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

This software and Logikcull have made eDiscovery much easier to deal with.

Pros

It is very easy for any person that has surfed web to start reviewing documents. Most other programs there was a learning curve to the software, and if it was not used regularly the users would need to be retrained. Logikcull has continued to add enhancements to the software. No server setup, no server maintenance, just a useful product. Customer service is always there to help.

Cons

Getting large files into and out of Logikcull can take sometime depending on your link speed, but they are bringing more and more cloud to cloud solutions online.

Alberto from Ulmer & BerneLLP (Robert Half Contractor)

Best Legal Database I've Ever Used

I have been a paralegal, in almost every legal field for over 10 years, with particularly extensive experience in Discovery, especially E-Discovery. This is the best database I have come across. I gave it 4 stars in Customer Support because I have not had the need to reach out to support, which may merit it 5 stars but I do not like to give a 5 out of 5 for something I in which I have little knowledge. The same applies to Value for Money as I am not privy to its cost, especially vis a vis the cost of similar programs. The only negative I can say is that files can take a bit longer to download than ideal, but that is more of a function of being Cloud-based in working in an extremely high Internet tracking environment. Everything is about this program is top notch.

Pros

Flexibility and Ease of Use

Cons

File download times could be faster.

Colburne from Booth Dennehy LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Logikcull has made our e-discovery process much more efficient and enjoyable.

It has streamlined our review process. I am able to supervise and communicate with our reviewers through the software. This has given me more confidence in our review team.

Pros

Logikcull's interface is incredible. It provides reviewers with the ability to easily flag and comment on documents that are of particular interest or that are giving them difficulty in coding. I am able to easily search for and analyze the work they have been done to ensure the quality of work.

Cons

I have asked tech support about this issue, and it appears that there is no way to see what "saved searches" a document appears in when that document is being viewed. This is a function I would like to see Logikcull add in the future.

Kevin from K&L Gates LLP

Logikcull has been a tremendous support tool during internal investigations

I use the product in investigations along with the other tools in our environment. Logikcull has been great for e-discovery work when trying to find out when documents were created, edited, etc. I also enjoy the ability to quickly search keywords and tag documents as necessary. Exporting and reporting can then easily be done based on the tags that are set.

Pros

I use the product in investigations along with the other tools in our environment. Logikcull has been great for e-discovery work when trying to find out when documents were created, edited, etc. I also enjoy the ability to quickly search keywords and tag documents as necessary. Reporting and exporting is then easily done based on the tags that are set.

Cons

The data has to be imported from a zip file, but once it is in Logikcull, the functionality is great. If there were more compatibility with data storage locations, it may make importing data more efficient.

Great Web Based Solution for Document Review

Pros

The Logikcull platform is really helpful for our small in-house legal department. It lets us manage document productions of any size without having to commit to one of the big providers (Relativity, etc.). I appreciate the excellent customer service available through the chat feature.

Cons

Some features are not accessible in the most intuitive way; getting to my preferred review screen always takes a minute of thinking.

Benjamin from Beacon Legal Group, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Needed to review and analyze 17,000 email Outlook file. -Logikcull was great.

Trial analysis of good sized Outlook file.

Pros

I found it very easy and intuitive to use. Very nice feature set. Support is knowledgeable and very responsive. We rarely have enough data to justify using an outside database to analyze the data. However, opposing counsel dumped the good-sized outlook file on us, 2 weeks before the case was originally set for trial, forcing us to get a continuance (Judge was not happy). Logikcull got the Outlook file in quickly and we were able to begin our analysis within a few days. It really made working with the thousands of emails very easy.

Nancy from Florida Realtors

Such a time-saver!!

Saves time and money and is very user friendly.

Pros

Entire batches of documents within a project can be reviewed at once with simple search features that are easy enough for anyone to understand how to use. Additionally, any time I've gotten stuck on any issue or have questions about any of the features, I'm able to chat immediately with one of the techs and they've always been able to figure out what I need to do or how I need to do it.

Cons

Doesn't let you format the text entered as the message on the email circulated when sharing files, but that's a minor cosmetic issue/preference.