All LogMeIn Central Reviews

Sabrina

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2021

Simple, straight forward and organized.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

LogMeIn Central

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.

PROS

The ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.

CONS

The only feature that I would like to see would be the ability to grant/deny remote access on a per user basis by time of day. For example, if someone only needs remote access during 8 AM - 5 PM, we should be able to deny access between 5PM-8 AM.

Loren

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

LogMeIn

LogMein Central has made it easier, faster and more practical to teach and train my staff at different and various times of the day from any location either party is at.

PROS

LogMeIn makes running a business easier by being able to teach employees pertinent training/information by connecting computers and demonstrating virtually together.

CONS

Sometimes if an area of one of the participants have a slow or shaky internet connection, it makes it difficult to interact with one another on-line.

Reason for choosing LogMeIn Central

It was slightly easier to navigate and use and ran more efficiently.

Reviewed September 2018

It does the job

We have used LogMeIn Central since it started. It used to be lightweight, solid as a rock, and before all of the price increases, an excellent value. All of the stuff added since then is either hard to use, buggy, or has many limitations. In addition, the price has skyrocketed. Every year at renewal time we look at replacing it.

PROS

It takes care of the basic necessities extremely well. Many of the more advanced features are buggy or of limited usability.

CONS

The bugs and the limitations of the advanced features. VERY pricey for what it is. Without substantial discounts, it is a very poor value.

Erika

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great product to use

Overall good experience got used to using it and now that we have also started to use connectwise automate have found that the tool has much more options than does LogMeIn. But it gets the job done.

PROS

I liked that after installing the install package it was easy to access the workstation with proper credentials.

CONS

The downside to this app is that it won't let you log right in, you have to have the correct credentials. If you try 5 times it'll lock you out for 5 minutes. I ended up in this situation many times and found it a bit frustrating. I understand the security aspect of it. But if we have made a connection with the workstation I would hope that it would recognize that and just allow the connection. Could useda more friendly file transfer.

Sabrina

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Fast and easy.

PROS

Its easy to use... it's fast, compared to other remote control apps or softwares. I would notice that with others there would be a delay or "lag" when working on another computer remolety, but Central doesn't. Good features and super easy to connect.

CONS

I would like to have the option to drag and drop files from the local computer to the remotely accessed one. Sometimes, when taking screenshots in the remote to bring back to the local, Central would either freeze for several minutes or crash.

Bob

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Alerts actually enhance customer interaction

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years, and it remains the most effective tool for remote support.

PROS

As a services provider for critical services (healthcare institutions and emergency call centers), we have been able to specifically tailor the alerts for processes that may stop, crash, or otherwise impact proper functioning of the systems. We are often able to react before the customer realizes an issue has occurred.

CONS

Competitive remote control offerings are less costly. However, the feature set offered, exceeds the capability of most other packages.

Sherry

Retail, 2-10 employees

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

PROS

I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

Douglas

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

LogMeIn all the way

With locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.

PROS

I love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.

CONS

Has issues at times when switching users in a remote system. Not a big deal as you can reload and continue very easily.

Gerald

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

The Gold Standard for Remote Management.

After a problem caused by a bad Windows update, I needed a way to remotely administer my servers while away from the office. LogMeIn Central allows me to see which machines have pending updates and decide whether or not to post-pone them pending isolated testing, all from a central location. It's also allows me to schedule batch updates for third-arty software via the One2Many tool. And as a bonus, it allows me to aid employees with issues on their client computers with an Ad Hoc Support session.

PROS

Ease and speed of deployment. Multiple platform support for client software. Automation.

CONS

It's on the pricey side, but there aren't many tools out there with this many features.

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

President

I have used LogMeIn for over 10 years and it is one of the great access software out there.

PROS

You can easily login to a system that has issues any time and any place. Also you can see the status of the computer for usage and updates and more. Plus you can give access to your customers to their system as well.

CONS

Is the port that is used for LogMeIn. It is a critical port that makes the PCI compliance to fail

Jickson

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Ideal for Workstation Management!

I have been utilizing the Central Module for quite a long time it permits you to place PCs in gatherings to effectively distinguish your clients PCs. Additionally alarms are set to tell you of Windows refreshes and antivirus programming that is obsolete on every PC.

PROS

Log Me In Central has been my go to distant fix instrument for my clients. The product is secure simple to utilize and is stacked with highlights. We use LogMeIn Central to deal with the entirety of the client workstations inside my association. This permits me to distant into any client PC to assist with investigating, and to do various other administration capacities. I can likewise get explicit equipment data (ie, realistic card or CPU model) utilizing the Inventory usefulness about any workstation in my Central Account. The Central Management Console permits me to see the entirety of my client workstations, bunch them, arrangement warnings dependent on explicit rules (RAM or CPU usage, new programming introduces, and so forth) There's likewise a File Manager where I can move or duplicate records from my workstation to the end clients. There is a ton of usefulness for overseeing refreshes, running contents, and so on, that I don't utilize.

CONS

LogMeIn Central expects you to in any event pay for at least 25 workstations/establishments, if you use them, as this is a business-class item. This product was more costly than other comparable items. Just installment choice was for 1 year where different items have regularly scheduled installment alternatives. The product didn't offer similar choices like numerous screens that other programming gives. That is a quite enormous thing to miss today when most customers utilize numerous screens and they are inexperienced with hauling things between 1 screen.

Nathan

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2017

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

This is the one I chose every single time. I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it. Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has. Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

PROS

There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

CONS

The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version. By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business. They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.

PROS

Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

CONS

It might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Our use with LMI/Central

We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

PROS

We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

CONS

Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.

Robert

Paper & Forest Products, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Useful for remote access.

Great for remote access from home or other location.

PROS

Price is good for small office with limited computers. Works with all browsers that I have tried it with, although some better than others.

CONS

Not sure if it is caused by browser but sometimes it seems you have to perform additional installs to get it to load even if you have used same computer before.

Reason for choosing LogMeIn Central

Price and ease of use.

Reviewed April 2019

Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech

A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

PROS

I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

CONS

I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

Tammy

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Logmein provides easy remote access

This program is easy to use and can accomplish what most folks would want to use it for so I would recommend it for routine use.

PROS

This was easy to use and set up for 2 computers to access our server. I like the security of the access that it provides and the ability to define access of the user.

CONS

When trying to track employee work time I found it difficult with the information provided to determine if someone was actually accessing programs or just logged in. I need more details of tracking employee access than this was able to provide but we continue to use it for employees to work from home and remote in to our server.

BRIAN