All Notion Reviews

Notion Review: Notion: A Great Tool For Beginners

Onur

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Notion Review

It's a very powerful tool for documenting daily tasks and solutions. I am using it everyday mostly.

PROS

It has Artificial Intelligence support and it really helps while organizing and handling daily operations with Notion.

CONS

It's in enough level but it could be great if they improve the customer support.

Reasons for switching to Notion

It was hard to manage Evernote resources.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Better tasks, bad access on iphone cellphones.

In the procedure of creating the tasks it has been good, in the access process to see the information that we have dedicated very badly, since an expensive program like this should have the ability to fix the login problem through iPhone.

PROS

For group work, we generated a particular task followed by very well done tasks. In fact, the engineers could leave notes so that the next day the next engineer could continue with the work, which was essential to advance in large development projects and we knew in What exact stage were we are.

CONS

I had very bad access to information with iOS, almost every time we accessed Android phones, access to the panel was simple, it was fast, responsive and everything was fine, but with iPhone phones things changed and I don't know exactly if it was the operating system or that the program supposedly blocked which was strange. In this sense, it generated delays since almost all of us have iPhone phones in the team.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Bad billing system, billings that were too late, there was no responsibility and no solutions were given to the problem.

Christopher

Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Possibly the most popular knowledge management tool, but privacy concerns

Notion is quite powerful and very popular tool. But perhaps one can easily get too lost in configuring and templating their spaces instead of just using the core function of documentation. I'm no longer using it because of privacy issues.

PROS

One of the strengths of Notion is its flexibility. Users can create databases, tables, and lists with ease, and customize them with different views, filters, and sorting options. The platform also allows for rich media embedding, so users can add images, videos, and files to their notes and pages. It has a very generous education discount for both students and teachers.

CONS

While Notion is highly customizable, this can also be a weakness for some users. The platform's flexibility means that users need to spend a considerable amount of time setting up and configuring their workspace to meet their needs, which can be time-consuming and distracting.There are also privacy concerns. I remember a few reddit threads where users requested for support and they were surprised how easy it was for them to access their workspace after giving verbal/textual permission.Performance is also an issue. Complex or large workspaces can be extremely slow.

Reason for choosing Notion

Notion was the most popular and quite possibly has the most features. But I'm no longer using it because of privacy concerns.

Juan

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Managing and Finalizing projects Tool

Having transparency was key for my company, and this was a great way of doing that. I felt a sense of gamification while tracking my progress in a project, and that motivated me.

PROS

I can create my own templates, add only what I need for each of my projects which makes it easy to have everything well organized in one place, adding transparency for the whole team.

CONS

It took me a day or two to understand how to use it, but it was definitely worth it.

Reason for choosing Notion

Customization and it had more possibilities of management for different projects and teams.

Niccolo

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A great tool with endless possibilities, but beware of integrations

Great platform for startups. It does everything you need. Get ready to set it up properly, and you'll fly. Bad integration with Google Suite limits its potential.

PROS

Notion is an amazing product. It has endless possibilities and features that improve your efficiency and productivity. For you and all your team. Although initially it's quite overwhelming, after a quick setup of pages it's very easy to use. It can be your CRM, your Task Manager, your drive.. basically anything you want, you just have to get your hands on it and setup the pages. Great for everyday tasks too.

CONS

There's no big negative on Notion. The two main issues would be: It does everything. LITERALLY Everything a team needs, so be prepared to "learn" how to use it. It's a lot, and initially it's quite daunting. No integration with google docs, calendar etc. and in general Gsuite. This, for me, is the biggest drawback. an example: Task management, is only on notion, but if you want to assign a task to a specific slot on your Google calendar, you cant. This is a huge miss, which reduces the efficiency of the platform.

Reason for choosing Notion

the alternatives were too expensive. We had a Startup notion discount which was amazing.

Thomas

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A daily Notion power user's review after over a year of daily use

As a power user myself, I have found Notion an invaluable tool despite its drawbacks. Be warned, it does require a commitment to understand and leverage fully, but once mastered, it's a powerful tool in enhancing productivity and organization. For anyone considering Notion, be prepared to invest some time and effort to truly make the most of what it offers.

PROS

It combines multiple tools into one interface, reducing the need for multiple apps - boosting productivity. Whether it’s task management, documenting, or even embedding external content, Notion handles it all, which simplified our tech / tool stack.

CONS

Notion can sometimes be slow, especially with larger databases or when used extensively with complex pages. The lag can be frustrating for power users who need efficiency. However, in their defence, many tools also have this issue.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Other team members where more familiar with Notion and it was voted on due to collaboration functionality

Shalon

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Notion is my best friend. I used to use Google Docs but this is at a whole other level.

It has allowed me to get serious about my online writing in a way that was just a dream before.

PROS

I am able to take notes, write docs, write newsletters, write blog posts, Organize my everything I write in one place. I can search for anything I have ever written and find it fast. It is amazing.

CONS

There are no cons as far as I am concerned.

I person I follow recommended it for creating blog posts and I tried it. WOW>

Bolarinwa

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Game-changing Project Management and Note-taking Management Platform.

It is simple to conduct online meeting with Notion.I can easily run and get my work done quickly with Notion.It enables ease of notes taking while in meeting.It's reliable and convenient for project planning.

PROS

It is simple to get started and running quickly with Notion.With Notion,I can easily create stunning documents in real-time.Again,I can customize Notion according to my needs.It helps me to organize and manage my daily tasks and projects efficiently.

CONS

So far everything about Notion works perfectly leaving me with absolutely nothing to dislike.

Carolann

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Intimidating at first but well worth it!

PROS

I love how customizable Notion is. The workspace can be 100% tailored to my individual work needs, which maximizes my efficiency.

CONS

Initially, Notion can be intimidating. It’s hard to know where to start and how to begin creating the perfect workspace, but once you do start it ends up being intuitive.

Stephanie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

The Ideal "Everything" Tracker

PROS

Notion has made both my professional and personal life so much more organized. I love all of the formatting options (to-do lists, tables, etc.) I also love that you can add some nice aesthetic features (custom header photos, icons, etc.) to each page to personalize it. I've found the databases to be incredibly useful in tracking projects and I find checking items off the to-do lists to be very satisfying. I also love using it for note-taking because I can create lists, color-code, etc. within each list to make it easier to digest and act on in my professional work.

CONS

Sometimes I can't get the formatting to work quite as I hope -- it's not always as intuitive as I want it to be. I also wish it had full functionality while offline.

Alson

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

PROS

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

CONS

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Reason for choosing Notion

Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

Kartik Ahuja™

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

PROS

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want 2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app 3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else 4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well 5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

CONS

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps 2) i would love to see an offline version too 3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page

Reason for choosing Notion

Database feature, filters, constant improvement, backed up good VCs & Investors. Hard to find a good startup that is well funded as well listens to its consumers and has so many user generated tutorials around.

Reasons for switching to Notion

1) Not much improvements 2) not much scalable as per my usecase 3) hard to setup tables

Milica

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Fantastic for personal and professional use

After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

PROS

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

CONS

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Reason for choosing Notion

It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.

Reasons for switching to Notion

It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Kevin

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Project Manager for Life

I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

PROS

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

CONS

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Reason for choosing Notion

From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.

Reasons for switching to Notion

I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Notion is where my brain lives.

I have been exclusively using Notion for about 3 years for all things organization. I keep track of workflows for multiple areas of responsibility. It's insanely robust and powerful at an incredible price point.

PROS

I love the user interface. I thoroughly enjoy database linking. They recently added tabs and its the best feature thus far!

CONS

The mobile app is not stellar. It has vastly improved in the past year. This app thrives on a desktop.

Reason for choosing Notion

Again, cost. Notion is insanely robust for such a great price.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Cost. I paid an insane amount of money for Things and they released a major update that would have been a brand-new purchase. I know there are arguments for this sort of thing but I think it's ridiculous when so many other apps and software give you updates for free.

Mohammad

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Notion drives productivity with its intuitive & powerful project management & planning capabilities.

Notion exceeds my expectations with its exceptional planning & collaboration tools, rich workspace management & build-up and facilitation towards steering our project progression towards completion. The utility has continuously assisted our engineering team in accomplishing multiple government & private construction projects since its implementation into our workplace.

PROS

The ability to set up & customize my entire virtual workspace from a single platform is truly mind-boggling, & Notion does just that with its incredible multi-project management utilities to run our numerous construction projects without interruptions. The snappy performance & masterfully-crafted interface found on the web, mobile & desktop versions makes Notion one of the most versatile productivity applications out there. As a site engineer, it is my utmost priority to ensure resources are being efficiently utilized on site without causing any progress delays. Notion plays a crucial role in helping me organize & visualize my current & upcoming tasks as well as which ones require immediate attention to remain on track with the project schedule. Assigning workforce & performing reallocations is done easily using Notion & that helps me further optimize my workforce to drive progression in our project. Collaborating with our engineering crew to virtually meet & resolve several project obstacles have been one of the strongest use-case scenarios with this utility.

CONS

I cannot think of a limitation encountered with the service. Notion catalyses my work & it's just perfect the way it is.

Reason for choosing Notion

Unlike the considered alternatives, Notion isn't just a simple note-taking utility that's limited in terms of functionality. It allows me to build an entire, fully-fledged workspace to manage multiple projects & team members without a lot of back & forth action.

Reasons for switching to Notion

From slow synchronization issues to lacklustre performance & features in general, Notion simply delivers a much better user experience & tools that are well suited to my work demands.

Reviewed April 2023

Notion, the digital brain tool that you need for your business !!

We had a very positive and joyful experience with Notion. I think when we started using Notion, it came out a little earlier than our small family company. We feel that we have grown with them, and I think that is a very amazing feeling. It's like they have followed very nearly their community and tried to listen as mush as possible and give them all the tools they need to grow. It means a lot. We know that financial gain is important but being capable of that but still being very present to the community is much harder, and they have succeeded that!Now, students, anyone has accessibility to use a powerful tool like this one. It's so cool ! I still use Notion for myself and my personal life. It makes everything easy-peasy !

PROS

I still like this kind of architect approach from Notion. They are the pioneers of this approach, and for that they have a very special place in our note-taking approach. I think it's because we feel understood as Business entrepreneurs that we need a white canvas to start, but with tools that will help us to build an organized library of knowledge and interactive libraries of knowledge and information.You can start very simple, but you can also make it more robust and complex and also, decide to reduce the complexity and go back to a simple structure.

CONS

I started to use Notion in 2018, and I saw the changes they made. I think in 2020, I tried to use other software, but I was still observing it from far. Furthermore, I was still using it for inventory, articles gathering, but that's it because I felt overwhelmed by the tools and feature they were adding.I think we got lost a little by the intensity of the features, but now, they went back to simplicity, and we can see it in the way they have presented their new recent features.

Reason for choosing Notion

We did not choose over Notion, but we did decide to use both of them at the same time, and that made a huge impact. It made us realize that we need a software for knowledge, data interaction and another one for graphs flow chart and visuals boards.So, combining these two, it made a big difference in our productivity and management !

Reasons for switching to Notion

It was only 2 of my team who made that change because we were doing try-outs, but it did not work at the end because it was missing a lot of features !

Serge