All Spotler CRM Reviews

Sian

11 - 50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2023

No more spreadsheets or notebooks!

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Cost effective CRM for small business

We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

PROS

Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years. Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require. The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes. The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective. The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record. The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required. Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

CONS

Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

Thanks for the review Chris! FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear. Regards

Replied October 2018

Angela

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Perfect for your business

Really happy, does exactly what we need with no fuss or problems. information is available instantly

PROS

Its simple, easy, does what it says of the tin. My favourite part of the software is the ability to adapt the CRM system so that this is specific to our requirements and line of works. throughout the whole software you can change the options so that it is specific to our business needs this is the most attractive feature of RSS. i also like that you can link accounts and save documents to the accounts as well

CONS

i dont really have many cons to report,

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

Salesforce didn't seem as adaptable and to our needs, seems very fixed to certain business requirements and complex and convoluted

Reasons for switching to Spotler CRM

Out dated, archaic, very 'fixed' software, unable to adapt to our business needs

Dominic

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

RSS Review

We are tracking opportunities and following engagement. Unfortunately, I am still having to use an excel spread sheet because I can't quite get the CRM to duplicate the spread sheet but this is a lack of skill using the system on my part and not a take on the RSS system.

PROS

Its very easy to use, quite intuitive in set up and implementation.

CONS

*After using other CRM software, the lack of ability to move opportunities between accounts when the main holder is no longer the main account. I don't think this is possible without some programming by RSS team. *Having the freedom to manipulate the set up like in Salesforce, where an internal programmer will set up exactly what I require. Do RSS's team do this? *The display dashboard could be better, to have the ability to adjust the widgets to show what I want instead of a standardised return.

It wasn't my decision!

Reasons for switching to Spotler CRM

Different companies use different products.

Packaging and Containers, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Using Really Simple Systems CRM

PROS

The system is easy to use with plenty of help and education offered if needed.The onscreen look is easy on the eye, clear & concise

CONS

The biggest drawback is the lack of a merge mail feature to enable data to be inserted into a 'live' document for mailing letters etc.To form groups of contacts is cumbersome through the report system

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

Really Simple CRM appeared the most user friendly with a simple screen format and easier to adapt my working procedures

I switched from to using Apple and ACT is not compatible with Apple

Diana

Oil & Energy, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Use of CRM

When I have needed help with something I have had a quick and useful response very quickly. I find it easy to use for what I need.

PROS

The most important things to me are:- tracking of emails with each customer, tracking of quotation/sales confirmations with each customer. Checking where we are up to with opportunities.

CONS

I have not used this with any other system, but I cannot fathom out the report side of things, but neither have I asked for help using it so far either.

Reasons for switching to Spotler CRM

The above was very expensive and we did not make use of all the features it had, as we did not need them.

Stuart

Design, 11-50 employees

Really Simple Systems Review

Over all quite good, not as good as pipedrive.

PROS

Fairly easy to use. The sales management section is not very good for leaving comments and notes. I feel this lets down the whole system.

CONS

The emailer, is not that straight forward, getting fonts and spacing is difficult, and not obvious if you make mistakes. Had to get all the same fonts. The sales contacts recording conversations is very weak.

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

To give it a try as we wanted a new system

Reasons for switching to Spotler CRM

I moved companies and this was what they are using, I have the option to change, but have stuck with RSS so far.

Hi Stuart, Thank you for your review. We would like to invite you to book some time in with our technical support team who can show you how to get the most of our sales management and marketing features. https://calendly.com/reallysimplesystems/45-minute-crm-customer-success-call?month=2023-05 Thanks again Stuart.

Replied May 2023

Ronnie

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

It does what is says on the tin, it's simple

Excellent and our team thinks it is a great system to use

PROS

It is very simple and you can tailor drop downs and configure to your requirements

CONS

It doesn't autosave and it would be good to make more tailored changes

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

It is so intuitive and easy to use

Reasons for switching to Spotler CRM

We needed something straight forward to audit meetings and track activity

Philip

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Oculus FM

Very impressed with the service and the staff at RSS, I feel we get an excellent service from the teams

PROS

Customisations were easy to introduce, the team helped us fully integrate these changes and they are now used daily within the business

CONS

At the outset the system is quite rigid, but given it has to be used across multiple industries we understand why it has to be this way

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

We already had it set up, it just wasn't being used effectively

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Does what it says on the box

This software has helped our company to grow from a start-up business to a medium-sized business.

PROS

It's great to see everything you need to know about an account or contact at a glance. It's very helpful to have a task list that keeps your focused and on track. Our operations and sales teams enjoy using this software.

CONS

There are limitations to very specific customisation that you might want to achieve, e.g. we weren't able to use it to track the student progress our learners. But then, it's a CRM system - not a fully featured student information system.

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

A good CRM for managing customer relationships, sales, and much more.

It is a user-friendly, affordable, and comprehensive CRM platform that offers a range of features and functionalities for managing customer relationships, sales, and marketing. While its limited customization options and integrations may be concerns for some businesses, its ease of use and affordability make it an excellent option for companies that are looking for a simple, straightforward CRM system.

PROS

Its interface is user-friendly. The platform is designed to be intuitive and easy to navigate, which can make it easy for businesses to get up and running quickly. Additionally, Really Simple Systems CRM offers a range of training and support resources, including video tutorials, webinars, and a knowledge base, which can help businesses get the most out of the platform.Another major benefit of Really Simple Systems CRM is its affordability. Really Simple Systems CRM offers a range of pricing plans to fit the needs and budgets of businesses of all sizes. Its entry-level plan is free, which can be a great option for small businesses that are just starting out.

CONS

One of the primary concerns that businesses may have with Really Simple Systems CRM is its limited customization options. While the platform offers a range of features and functionalities, businesses may not be able to customize the platform to suit their unique needs as much as they would like.Another potential drawback of Really Simple Systems CRM is its limited integrations. While the platform does offer integrations with a number of popular tools and platforms, it may not be compatible with all the tools and platforms that a business uses. This could make it challenging to integrate Really Simple Systems CRM into a business's existing tech stack.

Ian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

My Review

Overall it has been a great system for me and the team and we manage to do what we need.

PROS

Accounts, Tasks, Contacts are all fantastic. I really love the feature where within an account, there is a google API integration so you can see a sateilleite view of your customers and gauge the size of the business which is useful for us and the industry we sell to. I also think an excellent feature is being able to look at nearby accounts too, and has a range and mileage bar which you can move to your desire. Custom reporting is really good too, but it would be better if we could have more than 16-20 custom fields.

CONS

I dislike the fact all support is done via email, despite the email support being very good, sometimes we require complex and bespoke functions and need help to understand how to achieve what we want, and this is difficult to explain via email at times, and would be alot easier to talk it through with someone. I also am hoping the marketing module improvements come soon, as i would love to send emails and marketing via the system, but at present we use a different external system which seems silly as we pay for it, but we have struggled to use the marketing module as we cant customise our own HTML emails as they do not display how we need them to, and i was told this would be ironed out in the next release, but this has been delayed a few times so would be great to get this ASAP so we can have it all in one place.

Cost and Poor Support

Ian, thank you for your review. That's great feedback and I'm glad to hear the system is working well for you. Additional custom fields and telephone support is included in your price plan, so I apologise if we haven't been so active in picking up the phone. I have asked our support manager to get in touch and set up a call to discuss your requirements. Kind regards

Replied December 2020

Tareq

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Wonderful organization for customer evidence, effective email management and sales track

RSS.CRM simplifies our customer data management and communication processes. With its help, we can easily classify and respond to emails, schedule promotional offers, and gather valuable data about customers' interactions.

PROS

RSS.CRM is a valuable tool for organizing and accessing all customer data and communication lists in one place. It offers excellent customer relationship management and email management features, which are essential for obtaining new opportunities. With RSS.CRM, it is easy to add detailed information to each record, including contact details and notes. Assigning tasks also helps in tracking and sharing ideas among team members, which enhances interaction with customers and creates new ways to develop customer relationship management. The integration with various email systems enables organized responses to customer requests and sending promotional offers. Additionally, RSS.CRM reports help in tracking opportunities, linking them to campaigns, identifying products to develop, and constantly consulting marketing strategy.

CONS

Allocating certain fields when creating menus can be challenging, and I believe there is potential for further enhancements and automation in the process of tracking and sending emails to improve its effectiveness.

Andrea

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great software

We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

PROS

Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

CONS

It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good. As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool for jobs i.e. Engineer site visits linked with the cases and so you could capture response times, first time fix & feedback. We use another software called Workmobile that contains our onsite engineer service reports - if it could link with this and send reports directly into the cases, this would save us time with manual attachments. As we use the opportunities fields for assets, it would be good to separate these out so the opportunities can be used for our prospects. Have you ever thought about adding a quality management section?

Helen

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Reliable CRM system

In the early days customer support in setting up was fantastic. Because it was so personal and speedy and effective I've not had to check in with customer support for years. That was a great customer investment from RSS and has insured I've remained a loyal and low-maintenance customer.

PROS

I've used RSS for years and it's the cornerstone of our business in terms of contacts and business management. As we're a consultancy having individual files for each client is vital so we can track their progress and writer development.

CONS

That we can't search key words to bring up a file. For instance, if I can remember a title of a book but not the author's name, or I met someone at a trade fair - so I have some context - but I can't remember who, or I've worked on book genres with some agents (so it could bring up several files) it would be a game changer if I could just type in key words and it would search through the files in activities and bring up the files rather than just being able to search source, name or email. This is the greatest limiter for me.

Was recommended to me

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2016

A Game Changer!

After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some. I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two things on my "wish list" for their next update. I sent that request on a Tuesday morning. I received a reply within an hour (!) telling me they think they could accommodate me on both fronts. By Wednesday morning, BOTH of my requests had been incorporated into the software. Yes. You read that right. 24 hours later! I was blown away as these two enhancements continue to save me time and money on a daily basis. My advice for anyone is to try Really Simple Systems for a month or two to get a taste of how easy it is to use and how amazing the support team is. This is a game changer for small business owners like myself.

PROS

Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

CONS

None.

Hi Chris Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you. Best regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Replied August 2016

Rod

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Essential Software

Overall we've had a reall good experience over 7 years and don't regret for a minute going with RSS. The few occasions we've used the support it's been good and the issues were resolved, and we tend not to think too much about RSS, but maybe that's the sign of a good system, it does what we need and is just there when we need it.

PROS

We have all our client and contact details together, we use the integrated email so it stores all incoming and outgoing mails providing a full record of conversations and data. Overall, this is a realtively inexpensive but critical part of the mangement of our business.

CONS

Sometimes the customisation seems a bit clunky, and whern adding in new clients and contacts there are lots of fields that we don't use. We probably could take those out but haven't because the customisation we don't find simple.

Reason for choosing Spotler CRM

We needed a straightforward and easy system to log all our cleints and contacts - RSS is it.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees