All Rippling Reviews

1-25 of 3,032 Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Rippling Review: Phenomenal Technology, Lacking Support!

Kelly M

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2023

An excellent all-in-one tool for the HR team

Among the several HR programs we use, Rippling is among the very finest. It's a one-stop-shop for everything I need to do my job, from requesting time off to managing my health insurance. It's just so simple to use.

PROS

By empowering me with Rippling's product, our team can maintain a product-heavy, lean operational structure. Thanks to the onboarding process, I was able to keep my focus on the big picture rather than getting bogged down in the weeds, and I'm confident in my ability to make rapid progress thanks to the fact that my work is being reviewed by people who are experts in their field.

CONS

The primary issue I have with Rippling is strictly a matter of personal opinion when it comes to the product's aesthetics: the design may seem cold and distant, making even simple tasks feel like more of an ordeal than they really are.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

It provides a centralized location for all employee-related HR information. The dashboard is well-designed and facilitates instant access to the information I require. Fantastic human resources resource that details my pay, vacation days, and more.

Lettie

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Always growing and upgrading services

Even with the billing inconveniences, I would still recommend Rippling - it's the best HRIS system I have worked with to this point.

PROS

Rippling is an all in one HRIS platform that is very user friendly and very customizable. I have enjoyed working with Rippling and would defiantly recommend it to other companies.

CONS

I've struggled with the way Rippling handles billing. Our finance department has a hard time weeding through the way the billing happens.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Rippling provided a more comprehensive product that works better for our business needs.

Xiang

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

A useful agile HR tool

We use rippling in HR as automation processes

PROS

Easy to use and management Many useful functions for HP and finance departments

CONS

Many provided functions do not work perfectly

Bowie

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Could be awesome

It's great software, but we can barely use any of the features given the pricing model. It doesn't make sense for us to have to pay $8-$10 for every user per month every time you want to add the smallest feature. These features would make our operations run smoother, but we would barely use them and it doesn't make sense for our business. I really wish there was another way or at least allow us to integrate with other softwares for free. I foresee us jumping ship if there is an affordable way to handle the comprehensive features that Rippling offers. I really want to love this software but they are pricing us out of being able to actually use the software given our staff is mostly all part time. It doesn't make economic sense for us. Really frustrating. Also the support is been really frustrating. The billing is also confusing and doesn't make us feel good about using the platform. Explanations are not straightforward.

PROS

The software is actually good, probably better than most competitors.

CONS

It's not a good fit for most small businesses that are doing high volume low margin sales with lots of part time employees. We would love to be able to actually use most of the features but the cost structure is prohibitive. The onboarding was really not straightforward and honestly did not feel good at all. The difference between sales and the support agents was disappointing.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Promise of a better experience. Being able to integrate HR with Payroll is nice.

Fernando

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51-200 employees

Best all-in-one HR and Payroll software

Terrific experience. It was easy to implement and scale. I would recommend Rippling to any company with over 20 employees to centralize all the information required to run an HR department and make payroll.

PROS

It is an easy way to manage both W2 employees and 1099 contractors. You can keep track of their hours, make payments, share benefits with employees, have all the required HR documentation for compliance. Its interface is also fantastic for both administrators and users.

CONS

If the main administrator is not available, there is no way to approve any changes in the 401k roll over process and Rippling cannot help a lot with this.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling allowed us to hire international contractors as well and had the full suite implemented in one software, including the invoicing option for contractors.

Modern payroll system

It’s actually pleasant to use the product and the UI is thoughtfully designed and easy to navigate. Without Rippling we would have needed someone full time to manage everything.

PROS

Love that they add new features all the time, making it easier and cheaper to manage al of our payroll, HR, benefits in one place. Also love the option to join their PEO which saved us $40,000 a year on healthcare.

CONS

Sometimes setting up healthcare can be very frustrating and confusing. For example, an employee signed up for an HSA even though we don’t offer that, and it was a headache to unwind.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling has a much more expansive and mature product offering

Utku

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Excellent Platform for HR

PROS

I liked the simplicity and the thoughtfulness that is baked into the platform. Truly in a self-service fashion, once you get the hang of it, it becomes a frequent part of how you manage your company and your team.

CONS

Not much that I can think of, I wish the onboarding laundry list could be removed since I completed all of them.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Needed a better platform to manage our US employees.

Maciej

Executive Office, 11-50 employees

Rippling Review 2023

PROS

Efficient payroll processing and org chart structure

CONS

Some features like full year earnings and time off should be extended

Justo

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Mott & bow Review

PROS

The easy way to use the tool. Friendly!

CONS

Each contractor ask me lot of things. Perhaps doing a call with executives

Leah

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Payroll made simple.

PROS

This has been by far the most user friendly application for payroll and tax compliance use.

CONS

There are no cons so far. I did have an issue but when spoke to customer service, there was no long wait time and the issue was fixed almost immediately. All with a pleasant demeanor which is hard to find sometimes in customer service.

Letha

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Modernized Flexible Solutions

PROS

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

CONS

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied December 2019

Antoinette

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

PROS

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

CONS

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Derrick

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

PROS

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

CONS

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Brock

Animation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

PROS

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

CONS

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Heather

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Too Many Hidden Fees for everything

My experience started out good until we started to receive 4-7 notices a month of late payments & late fillings, we never had this issue prior to switching to Rippling. We had to have a few corrections made to payroll and when I contacted support on this they let me know there would be a flat fee per change. Obviously, we paid that as we needed the corrections done. Then we found that some of the prior payroll that Rippling imported was incorrect so we had to contact the previous software to make the corrections and then upload a new YTD Payroll Detail to Rippling. I did that and ended up having to contact support 8 times for this and nothing had been done from the first contact I made with support. On the 8th time I contacted support they let me know it would be $500 for a reimport and then a flat fee for each return that would need to be amended. Not once in any of the previous contacts with support was a fee mentioned. We were not happy about this and we tried to get that waived due to the horrible support on this we received and we were told they could not waive the fee. All in all I would not recommend Rippling as they are already expensive enough and have way to many hidden fees.

PROS

There are only 2 good things about this software 1 is that it is multi-state and 2 is the ease of use.

CONS

Support is very lacking. It is impossible to talk to a real person. It takes way to long for issues to be resolved. There is an extra fee for everything including payroll corrections it is not cheap you are not told this up front at all until you contact support to have a correction made, then if the correction causes a return to be amended it costs extra money for those to be done. For the price you pay on a monthly basis for Rippling one would think that these things would not cost extra money.

Reason for choosing Rippling

The many options and so-called upfront pricing.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

The previous software is going away.

Emily

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Amazing HRIS software for Global Companies!

I'm a big fan of Rippling! We use this platform for US payroll, US benefit administration, a global HRIS, and in EU we additionally use is to maintain compliance in time tracking. It suits all of our needs and if we ever have a problem, customer success is there to fix it within minutes.

PROS

I can not speak highly enough about Rippling. After working with several other HRIS systems (Namely most recently) and PEOs (ADP and Trinet most recently) I am highly impressed by both the quality of the platform as well as the customer support.

CONS

At times, the software can be a bit complex to use. But customer support is always there to help you. One feature I would love to see is a better HR dashboard, the reporting is wonderful but it would be great to simply log in and look at things like attrition, change over time, etc.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Bob was not able to support US benefit administration.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Namely was not a suitable platform for our company, for many reasons I've included in their review.

Lea