• Pros

• "Very useful applications, it has an extensive variety of features"

• "I like how it makes finding information around different users and files easy, also it has helped me organize my work better"

• "Way better option for customer support than just a basic email account. Really nice options for setting up a support site"

• Cons

• "It is easy to search but I do believe there could be additional ways to search more easily and produce more accurate results. "

• "I have hard time thinking of cons for this software. It was so easy for my team to implement. It is expensive I guess, that'd be the only con."

• "help to solve any abnormality in the data. The feature shows only the problem and does not give any suggestive pointers to correct that."

Browse Salesforce Essentials Reviews

Alex from Joey the Cat Skeeball

We love SalesforceIQ! Perfectly integrated and easy for my team to use.

So many. Ease of use, trackable for sales cycle, many more.

Pros

This software is awesome. It takes the stress out of constantly updating your CRM by making it seamless and integrated with our email. It captures a lot automatically, giving my team more time to close deals. We love the customizable pipeline features as well. Great software overall.

Brittney from Elemerce

This is a great tool for organizing your sales funnel.

Pros

Time management and organization are the top reasons to use this software. Being able to include information on new prospects and clients is very helpful and it's easy to add to do items. The sales funnel process is user friendly and easy for other employees to view.

Cons

It can be hard to create clear expectations between management and employees on what information or processes should be done. With so many options of where to save information it can look like information is missing if you don't look in the right place. Processes should be put in place by each organization to clarify how to use the software.

Chance from Paylocity

Do Not Assume Anything

The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not. Examples: List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected. If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros

Simple UI Simple workflow building and management

Cons

Extremely limited in its capabilities Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Gerson Daniel from PriceSmart

Desk.com makes our job a lot easier and it's CS team is really helpful when needed. Desk.com rocks!

We got to have our email's interaction (with our customers) well organized. We can get through our data to send monthly reports with no problems.

Pros

It is very user friendly. My team mates and I can navigate through our system with no complications.

Cons

Not getting a pop-up message (notifications) w/o an additional feature is probably what I like least about Desk.com.

Nasir from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas

salesforce in health sciences

Pros

most comprehensive crm out there pretty much has solution for any business problem easy to scale and develop

Cons

learning curve expensive licensing need some sophostication in customization license per user and has some limits of what u csn do overall

Jason from The Organic Bloom

Great helpdesk and customer communication option

Pros

Cons

Really poor live chat option. No customer website traffic integration. This ultimately caused our move to Intercom

Ido from Check point

Really useful

I would recommend it as it's very useful for daily use but I would say that it would take time to understand how to use all of the features

Pros

Very useful applications, it has an extensive variety of features

Cons

It takes time to learn how to use it, and in the beginning it wasn't easy to use until I've learned it fully

DAVID from Colorado Chamber of Commerce

Terrible workflow, worse than buggy

Very disappointed.

Pros

Cloud based and easy to share. Price was affordable.

Cons

Workflow is TERRIBLE. I switched from ACT which didn't synch well with Outlook. Salesforce's workflow is POOR requiring going back and forth to different screens. It's glitchy - if you edit a calendar item, it creates a NEW one. It seems that this product wasn't well tested with actual users before released. NO control on what transfers from Outlook so records are cluttered. NO control on records - for example, I can't delete any history item!

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Essentials

Price and perceived (wrongly) excellent product.

Parker from evolv consulting

SalesForce Essentials - The answer for startup CRM

We're a young technology and management consulting company and have used Salesforce and been a systems integrator at other firms. This was the perfect solution (and cost effective) for us to immediately begin tracking and tackling our pipeline and contacts to stay on track with everyting.

Pros

-Out of the box it's ready to go -Intuitive interface -Ability to customize and add modules as needed -Collaboration for transparency on deal flow and pipeline as well as activities

Cons

There's nothing in particular I dislike about Salesforce Essentials

Help Desk Cases Are Easier to Track

Pros

Our old method of submitting tickets to IT for support was to email the IT manager directly. Needless to say, it was never the fastest way to get things done. It gets and responds to requests much more effectively and greater transparency. I used to hesitate to send a request, now, I use the resource stay productive.

Cons

Can't add screenshots of error message which can be rather cumbersome. Also, multiple error messages across a single event can be too much to sit and type out.

Great for Support

I found this software very useful to our support team. It also integrated well with the regular Salesforce.

Pros

We use desk.com for all support interactions. It was priceless for the support team to be able to route support requests to support members, and keep track of all interactions for each client to spot issues with our support team, or issues with the client being too much of a drain on our support resources. The statistics are neat too. We had some healthy competition with some of the support stats (how many emails, calls taken, etc.) Being able to see how many positive rated interactions was the ultimate statistic to have. Their API is essential to integrating notes and other issues into 3rd party solutions.

Cons

This had a learning curve. They were also going through completely switching the UI at the time, so having a beta was nice, but some features were only available in the classic interface. The new one is much better and pleasing to the eyes.

I use desk.com as the frontline customer service software to create and manage tickets.

Pros

Desk is extremely customizable. We have a bunch of different inbound emails that automatically tag and assign tickets which saves us a lot of time. You can set up almost any combination of rules for inbound tickets to make sure your most important customers get prioritized and the right people get assigned to help. Desk also has an API that you can use to build a help center experience on top of their platform. We use it internally for bug reporting and feature requesting and our portal creates tickets right in desk.

Cons

Desk isn't very user friendly. Once it's set up it's works really well but it takes a lot of time to learn all the nuances of the configuration. The analytics have issues. Some of the metrics like last log in will show that I last logged in a month ago when I've logged in every day and am in fact logged in at the time. We don't use the metrics but if your customer service department relies on them that could be problematic.

Great for simple helpdesk cases but not intended to be feature rich or robust.

It's allowed us to have a basic helpdesk tool that integrates with Salesforce.

Pros

As a helpdesk case tool, it works. Great for simple troubleshooting and just general inquiry cases where by correspondences are kept to a minimum.

Cons

Sold as having great integration with Salesforce, but the integration is extremely difficult to setup and not all fields are integrated. Everyone needs to have a Salesforce license to be able to use the desk tool properly and that gets very expensive. DO NOT try to use the tool as a task manger or PM supplement as it does not work well for these functions. There is also no place to store Client level notes in the tool itself so if someone was backing you up, there would be no place for them to reference client preferences or standard operating procedures for a specific client from Desk itself.

Salesforce IQ is a great add on to Salesforce

Pros

Creating leads and contacts in Salesforce is a breeze with this tool. I love that I can instantly add a customer and log their email in Salesforce. I love the ability to add meeting invites or email templates to an email with a couple of clicks. Salesforce IQ has saved me hours of data entry into Salesforce. I don't know what I would do without this tool now that I have used it for close to two years.

Cons

In the last few months something changed in the way that it pulls the data when you go to add a contact. The previous version use to pull all of the information automatically and now I have to manually add a lot of the information. It is still quicker than adding new contacts into Salesforce but it does require a few more steps. I also wish there was more insight into who opened an email or web link when you include multiple people on an email.

Samantha from SFSPCA

Industry: Veterinary

Salesforce

Our hospital is better able to communicate . We are able to provide better care for all of out patients because everyone has access to same data base . So if a volunteer noticed a patient sneezing the doctor can easily see that and be flagged to check on a patient. Before a volunteer may not be able to notify staff and go through correct channels. It could mean that nobody medical ever new that yeh patient sneezed because it was just too difficult to get information across, but now all volunteers know they can put a message in Salesforce and it will be taken care of.

Pros

Salesforce allows my animals hospital to have better communication between staff and volunteers

Cons

Search engine key words is not always able to direct to correct patient

Gabriela from Hourwise

Great Experience - just put took off one star for the work that needs to be done

I was able to save time in the company I work for. The software was easy to use and easy to implement into daily activities.

Pros

I loved the fact that they worked on the integrations and being able to make things to the mainstream. I was able to quickly show other workers how to use this product and quickly incorporate it into our business. This is a lot easier than our last software.

Cons

Running the reports is something we would all have a bit of trouble to do, there would be little things here and there that prevented our productivity. There are also some filters or basic features that should be fine-tuned a bit more but nothing too bad.

Gets the job done, feels 2nd rate.

Pros

Desk has been getting things done for us. We've got teams, we can pass tickets easily, tags help to connect disparate tickets.

Cons

The search/filtering is broken (and has been for as long as I've used the software), it works at about 98% accuracy. You can't really rely on a search of 'all tickets assigned to X' to find every ticket, or "all resolved tickets in X department", and etc. Frustrating when reporting or setting up custom views and such. Similar in frustration created, is the limitations around what fields you can search/sort by. It's always a pet-peeve of mine to see software limit these things.

Krishnan from Shirdisai Baba of Rockeis

SALESFORCE TOPS ON REPORTING

Happy with what we use the product is used for. One of the Best

Pros

Sales reporting feature is the most I like. IT easy to use drag and drop feature to customize, the reports and filters features and setting the date range options are the feature that makes it the top feature.

George from GSN Games

I have been using desk.com for over 5 years now, it has been simply flawless and very easy to setup

Easy to use/setup CRM tool for the team, we have customised the tool as per our product requirements, the ability to use mass action & less pricing as well.

Pros

Few features stand out - like the advance search option, mass actions, easy export, their helpful & courteous support team, lesser pricing than Zendesk, doesn't have bloat like zendesk.

Cons

Reports are still a step behind, lack of integration of certain apps(limited apps) that helps in workflow

Keep your customers happy with Desk.com

Pros

Collect, track and manage all your support tickets in one spot. Our company uses Desk.com for our customer support tickets. It keeps us organized and on-top of our customers needs.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about desk.com. The software meets all of our customer support needs.

It is easy to use and quick to understand

It has helped me find users and assist customers

Pros

Cons

it has too much updates and it changes how it looks, this way, once it updates it is hard to understand how to use it

Latest innovation in CRM

Pros

Everything is contained in one spot. I have the ability to manage my pipeline, create my calendar and add new contacts.

Cons

Not all the same functions exist on the ap that exist on the desk top feature. Also, you cannot run excel reports out of Salesforce

I have used DESK daily to submit support tickets to our support team as a Project Manager.

Pros

It is easy to use DESK and submit tickets and track and search for your submitted tickets to see the status of those tickets.

April 2016

April from Teliax, Inc.

April 2016

Not great, unless you're super tight with Salesforce

We'd migrated from Zendesk, which is a system I will never ever have complaints about again after using Desk. As for some of the things I couldn't deal with: #1, and most egregious limitation: Only one agent can be working on a ticket at a time, and there's no way to kick out that other agent. Someone opens a ticket, then goes to lunch? Guess that customer isn't getting a response for the next hour. Just hope it doesn't happen over the weekend, which it totally did! This was a deal-breaker. #2: Sessions were weird. You could be logged in to one session at a time, so if you went from home to work, you'd have to log in again. Not a huge problem given the browser can remember your password, but that "Remember Me" checkbox on their login page is a placebo at best. #3: The "rules" system for routing tickets. Tasks that should have been simple (like routing emails after hours) are left up to these weirdly complicated "Rules," including "Time Rules." #4: Two agent interfaces. One old, one half-baked. We were sold on the "Next Gen Agent" interface since it looked and felt more like Zendesk, but it was messy. It felt contrived, like the product of deadlines and misapplied research. The Classic interface worked much better, though it was certainly showing its age. But there were things I really liked: #1: Chat! The chat system was really nice, everything came in as a ticket and it was very intuitive. The chat system in Desk was definitely better than Zendesk's weird implementation of Zopim. #2: The ability to forward tickets out to an external address. This is probably because Desk operates a bit more like an inbox. #3: The support and help articles. This product would have way fewer stars if not for its Support team. They were always patient and helpful, even when my frustration started showing about their product. They come off as the kind of people who enjoy what they do. Additionally, the documentation was generally well-maintained. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Desk before any other platform I've used (including Zendesk, OTRS, and Tender...except, maybe Tender) unless you're starting totally fresh and also expect to have tight Salesforce integration. The people really make the product, which is good 'cause they have a lot to make up for...

Meagan from ParkWhiz

Currently left in the Dust

our support center agents were able to respond to emails and log call notes.

Pros

multiple channels can be integrated, including social media posts. there's a live character counter for agents when writing responses.

Cons

SMS had to be integrated with an outside provider. slow, lacking features or any promise of a roadmap, reporting inaccurate. downtime and maintenance (both scheduled and responsive) very frequent - basically daily. since "next gen agent" was released 2+ years ago, this product has never improved. account manager never even bothered to elude to changing anything. as our contract was coming to an end, we asked, "why should we stay with desk?" and the response we got was verbatim, "great question...[30 seconds of silence]". salesforce stopped investing money into this product long ago, and subsequently, even the smallest crm companies these days are lightyears ahead in terms of functionality and reliability.

Melinda from Customer service

Salesforce Essentials Great Tool

This eliminated the need for spreadsheets and works great for a medium team!

Pros

This makes the teams more functional and your group can follow up on leads and identify what contacts are a sure sell. I love the way you can customize it and it automates every things so great from emails to calls its great.

Cons

Runs a little slow at times. Sometimes freezes.

Lester from PriceSmart

Very helpful and friendly software, the interaction between customer and the company is great.

When you have an interaction with the Client you receive an email, that help you a lot because your answer to the client at the same time they sent you the message

Pros

The way it use the the replies to the customers it's amazing, it is clear and the actions are correct. You have your inbox when you have the interaction with the client.

Philip from The Timothy Initiative

Amazingly robust product. However, need to have significant technological knowhow to implement fully

Pros

Amazingly robust product. Can do almost anything we could imagine. The best program I have found for managing sales.

Cons

However, not the most intuitive system. Need professional technological know-how to implement properly.

Bailey from Cheer America Championships

It's fine, no bells and whistles

Pros

I like that it's a way for the whole office to stay on the same page. I appreciate the fact that it can integrate all of the email addresses that we use. Especially helpful when working remote.

Cons

After using other software systems from SalesForce this one was a let down. The price didn't seem that much more appealing for the awesome features it leaves out.

Keley from OAG

Industry: Political Organization

User friendly and great for organizing

Pros

Super user friendly platform and easy to navigate. It keeps everything organized and makes it easy to track historical information. I like that any member of your team can pick up where you left off, it prevents from having to transfer all of your work and alleviates anything from falling through the cracks.

Cons

I wish you could customize the dashboard and add or delete fields that you may need or not need. I would also like to be able to sort the fields so it would make searching easier.

Shala from Professional Retail Service

Starter Plan is Worth Every Penny and More

Instead of separate email inboxes for our three customer service agents, all incoming mail goes here and can be worked on by all. Perfect for when an employee is out and someone is covering for them.

Pros

Even with all of the restrictions of the Starter Plan I was still able to configure everything to work great for our needs.

Everything you need to get started

Pros

Pretty much all the software you need to get started with your business.

Cons

After you exceed the user limit, all the features will cost a lot.

Integrations Galore

Good starter tool, but lacking a user experience that makes you "want" to use it.

Pros

Open API that allows you to connect to other tools that you're using to run your business. We have our tool connected to SalesForce, Talkdesk, Google Docs, etc.

Cons

The platform has gone down a few times, leaving us to figure out how to communicate with our customers. The UI/UX isn't the best.

Nusrat from Rush University Mediclal Center

Industry: Research

Salesforce Essentials

Excellent experience I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

Excellent product for research industry. We used for inventory for device. Super easy to have everything done in few minutes. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons

There are some time it showed some technical problems.

Victoria from Crown Automotive Group - current

We had ours customized at my former employer as per needs and found it to be very easy to use!

It kept me on track when the company I worked for integrated it in the sales process. Helped me to stay focused and organized with call backs and meetings I had set up previously.

Pros

Made it easier to follow up on leads, track customer interaction and set meetings with clients. Provided a great overview of each customer/client.

Cons

As with all software that requires documentation, it's the actual entering recaps of conversations with customers and meetings that is always the 'chore'. Most salespeople find this to be the challenge.

Ben from SmugMug.com

November 2015

Powerful tools for delighting your customers

We've used Desk.com for over 4 years now, and the most powerful features revolve around the relationship with your customer. Being able to build and develop a rich relationship with the people you interact with is critical for exceptional support, and Desk makes it as easy as possible. Customer information, Company information (if you do B2B), and especially Customer History. I can easily see previous interactions with the customer, and tie in critical information through integrations with our internal CRM and also with platforms like Salesforce. The integrations are powerful, allowing us to utilize multiple external services all fueling the Desk.com platform. Lastly, the Business Insights keeps you tied into how your support team and customers are doing. Building reports couldn't be easier, so you have no excuse to be in the dark anymore!

Ryan from ParkWhiz

Desk was challenging to use on a number of fronts

It was a good CRM a few years ago, but never received the attention it needed from the Desk product team.

Pros

It was intuitive to use when working on tickets and responding to customers. The reporting interface was easy when to create and run reports.

Cons

The reporting was barely functional and often times would time out when loading. There were countless days that I needed to run a report and was unable to.

Jonathan from Qualia

Enjoying Desk.Com!

Great experience and overall enjoy Salesforce and their solutions

Pros

- Provides a nice clean interface that does not have too rabbit holes to fall into - Quick to update and have never noticed any latency issues - Easy to navigate and link to other tickets/items that should be addressed by the respective teams

Cons

- Have heard that this software will be retired soon

BINGRU from Smart Vision Labs, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Salesforce, a necessary tool for your sales team

Pros

Easy to use, and track activities, manage pipelines.

Cons

Doesn't provide customer support, the salesforce community doesn't always have the answer for you.

Herman from Undisclosed

dropping after a year

We migrated from Zendesk based on positive feedback we saw. It was OK. The ease-of-use is there, but the support is horrific and the speed/repsonsiveness of the site is extremely bad. We have other solutions that are web-based that operate without issues, so we determined it wasn't a networking issue. The cost is definitely out of range for the functionality you get. We needed to contract out to get some custom integration done with other systems and to get a full feature set. Support was not helpful at all in this aspect after we signed the contract. Before signing the contract things were great, but they pretty much abandon you afterwards. There were few places that were not extremely over-priced to get things done. Finding companies that we were willing to work with that knew Desk.com was difficult. We finally were able to get a unified solution created at a reasonable price by leveraging our in-house development staff who we originally did not want to bother with it. All-in-all it works OK, but it's definitely not the best solution and we may end up switching after nearly a year of use due to lack of any ROI. Too many issues and bad support.

Antonio from Self-employed

Great experience

Has been great to have all aspect of your costumers' records in one single tool.

Pros

Having a virtual office and always out and about, the tool allows me to access and add records on the go.

Cons

the lower version allows limited customization but it is easy to adapt.

Ashley from Prevue HR

Straightforward to use

Pros

It is easy to use and set up workflows. The dashboards are very intuitive and show you who is working on what.

Cons

The reporting in this is just awful. Does not provide anything similar to what Saleforce provides unfortunately, and even the custom reports are bad.

Beth from New York Life

Disappointing in so many ways

Not helpful at all. Technology from some other decade/century?

Pros

Nothing; it's so irritating. And I'm an IT person, programmer and DBA? Can't imagine what it's like for a non-tech user?

Cons

Can't add multiple records at a time; groups difficult to work with; emailing a challenge

Angelise from Rush University Medical Center

Industry: Research

Overall, this is a great product. I am able to communicate about inventory with much ease and I have very few issues. The few times I have had issues with the pen reader communicating with the Salesforce app, I was able to get immediate assistance to resolve my issue.

Pros

I am able to communicate directly with the Shipper for inventory and returns.

Cons

I have had several issues with the pen reader not scanning the product. I have had to get a pen replacement, and have several trouble shooting conversations with the shipper regarding not being able to scan in devices.

Ashley from Arrowpointe

A Great Solution!

We are an SMB company that needed a real case management system as our customer success team grew. The setup itself was fast and smooth, and we were up and running quickly. It's proven a much better home for our case management and support center content than Salesforce cases and WordPress. As our team expands, we've been able to smoothly teach our new members how to respond to case, perform triage, and use the macros. It's a wonderful system that is intuitive to learn and teach.

Matthew from Porter & Sail

Used it for over a year as our sole CRM system; ultimately migrated away to Pipedrive

Pros

It had a lot of powerful integration and I could download quickly into excel format. The feed was nice as well as my colleagues who interacted w/ leads was easily visible as a team

Cons

The hierarchy was confusing between setting up an account and then tying multiples records (deals?) to that account. Ultimately got it, but took a while to get setup

Jessica from Formstack, LLC

November 2015

It works for our business model

We foster an all-company support model so we love the ability to use flex agents and we need detailed reports which Desk provides so it fits our two major requirements. Additionally our Sales Team utilizes Salesforce and our Marketing Team uses Pardot so we really love that the three programs and three Teams can easily work together and share projects, goals and successes. One feature we wish Desk had was the option to export an Excel list of macros.

James from GoSquared

November 2015

Great help desk software for the whole team

We love Desk at GoSquared because of its easy-to-use interface, and affordable pricing for a small team. Flex agents enable everyone on the team to contribute to customer service without us paying a fortune. The integrated Knowledge Base and Macros help us be a very productive team and save us tons of time. Highly recommend Desk for small businesses looking to up their game in customer service.

Switched from Desk.com from Zendesk and migrated back after one year

Pros

Tight integration with Salesforce. This allows you to bypass API cost restrictions imposed by Salesforce. Fairly easy setup

Cons

Only one person can work on at a ticket at a time. This results in someone looking at a ticket, walking away from their desk, and no one else can work on that ticket. This is an absurd limitation for ticketing system designed for enterprises. You are limited to 25 triggers. During our initial implementation and migration from Zendesk, we used 23 of them. During our one year, we also had 3-4 incidents of fairly-extended downtime that WE noticed (we were not notified by Desk.com).

jay from zinai

Central location for daily salesforce activity

One central spot wher eyou can access all your salesforce data, services, plugins, websites, and interfaces. Helps protect your data and eliminate IT issues by moving to a common shared area. Training is easy, and sales departments everywhere are already familiar with the platform, meaning that ramping up new employees are easy.