All Web Help Desk Reviews

Full Featured Help Desk Solution

We have streamlined our process for reporting issues in our district which in turn has made our response times come down. Having a history of issues is also beneficial for training purposes and for staff to see how to fix a recurring issue they may have. Overall has made us much more efficient.

Pros

Ease of use. I have had new techs that havent had any experience with a ticketing system sit down and be able to use this product within several minutes. Also it has been a godsend for our staff as we require them to log in to the system to create tickets.

Cons

Inventory function. I was hoping for an easier way to track our device inventory. I believe it would do the job, but the initial setup has to be comprehensive to make things work smoothly.

Carsten

Industry: Medical Devices

Very good experience setting up a system from scratch, from sales to Customer Service.

Better customer service

Pros

Software is very easy to setup, everything you need to get a support system up and running is there. Solarwinds Support is very prompt to respond to questions or issue that you may have. The reason I suggest Solarwinds Helpdesk was that I had been a user / admin on a system before. Thicket history is great, asset management is very good

Cons

The report module and the part and billing feature is weak. Generating reports is not that intuitive and there is things that you cant get an report on. Parts and billing, missing pricing features and invoice / packing list options. Solarwinds is not so god at coming back to with feature request that you have submitted nor to let you know that bug have been fixed. There is to long between bug fixed / new releases is being released .

Rodney

Very cheap system, but not ITIL compliant

Platform was installed upon my arrival into the company. As we improve the Services teams and tools we need to also obtain a ITIL solution, which WHD currently does not provide - especially around the company specific SLA report function. I was hoping to have the tool upgraded (offered to pay for this several times) but no responses from Solarwinds Sales or Marketing.

Pros

Cheap fees compared to other similar product platforms, easy to use for a variety of tasks that work.

Cons

SLAs - can be introduced but only globally (not per contract/customer) and not able to report on as only appearing in the history section when added (respond, restore, resolve). Asked support and was instructed this platform was not able to currently: 1. set up separate SLAs per contract/customer, 2. not able to get information out for reporting. Also asked to cut and paste (keeping format) instead of adding attachments out of order which makes it much easier to follow instructions or details from our customers. Feature Requests raised for these issues without result. Taken this platform is not aimed at multi-nationals. Will be difficult to stay on this platform as automation of reporting per customer SLAs can not be done, taking too much effort to manually achieve.

Ross

Has the features we need to make our support experience painless for our end users.

Time savings, and a good handle on what opportunities we have in our organization.

Pros

The ease of use is what has sold me. I was able to customize the experience to my liking without to much effort. We are able to track the metrics that we desire and it helps our team have a clear sense of what needs to be accomplished in a given day. From the techs to the staff, it has been a great tool that has eliminated a lot of time waste that we used to have.

Cons

Probably the biggest con that I would have is that there isn't a remote desktop client built in. Of course we are in an education environment, and cost is always an issue. We'd love to have the integration without the additional cost, but I realize that's not always an option.

Robert

Industry: Mental Health Care

Well put together help desk.

Maintain and track help desk tickets. Also enter in my own projects help keep me on task. Notes feature allows me to add any updates I have made or upload any new documents I may have.

Pros

Easy to send messages back and forth from client and technician. Can then set reminders on tickets to ensure you do not over look a ticket. Has a FAQ section that allows you to record solutions to reoccurring problems or questions.

Cons

If a ticket has been passed around a few times it is not easy to see who previously worked on the ticket. The information is displayed in the ticket history but this records everything and can become lengthy on a higher level ticket.

Kevin

We moved from TrackIT! to Web Help Desk, and it is much easier to use overall.

Easy deployment and configuration. Were also able to use the ticketing system for departments other than IT, such as HR and Maintenance. Our users were also able to adopt Web Help Desk with very little training. For users without an email address in our company WHD gave us a way create users so they could submit tickets, we did not have this option with other software.

Pros

Ease of use and access. Covers everything we need for a small/medium business, and runs great a virtual server. If you buy other products from SolarWinds it integrates with those too. The emailing of tickets is seemless, and it is easy to keep all communications within the tool. Integrates nicely with Active Directory.

Cons

Asset tracking is not as good as other tools. The reporting has a learning curve, and needs to have more options.

Web Helpdesk from Solarwinds

It was an ok tool for me, as I was not working on it as an administrator but for a day to day ticket management, it was very easy to use and our customers were also able to reach out to us with their day to day support queries and we also used it for internal task management.

Pros

The most positive point which I liked about this product was that we were able to use it from anywhere, either when we were on the client-side or in the office. Our work was fieldwork and to have a web-based solution was very helpful to track complaints and provide response to clients and management about the work done.

Cons

I did not use this tool as an administrator, so I am not familiar with its cons, only used for ticket management.

Easy To Setup and Train End Users to Use

Pros

Has tons of features and functionality AND it is easy to setup and utilize all of them. From start to full web help desk completion, it took roughly two weeks (not day to day) and it was fully setup and being used by all company staff to submit tickets, approve tickets, and for tech staff to reply and resolve tickets.

Cons

Depending on how many techs you want to utilize the Web Help Desk it can become pricey. We only had 5-7 techs at any given time so the cost was not that bad.

Ticket Tracking with Webhelpdesk. Easily submit and resolve issues with ticketing system

We easily are able to track resolution of issues and pull reports in order to look at trends.

Pros

Able to look up ticket type, or ticket content for repeat issues. Track issues by who submits them easily by searching. Setup custom requirements for ticket submission. Easily integrate it with Solarwinds to create tickets when there are issues on network. It can also be connected to Exchange to send out email notifications.

Cons

It appears that it cannot send email notifications to Distro lists. Setting up tech alerts can be quite complicated to get everything configured the way you want it to.

Seth

I operate as an administrator of the system as well as running a help desk team out of the system.

It does what it says on the box - helps us track issues and tickets.

Pros

The pricing system is definitely a bonus when compared to other software solutions. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Out of the box it works fairly well, but we have a lot of specialized use cases that took more to implement. The administration features are fairly simplistic - could be good or bad depending on how you look at it, but as someone with minimal code/administration experience it's easy to jump right in and get what you need done. Bulk features is nice. Client and ticket history were a must for us as we have our HR team working out of this system in tandem with other teams.

Cons

1. Lack of in depth customization. This extends to UI, ticket options, even the action rules are pretty railroaded in terms of what you can do. 2. Built in reporting isn't great. It also taxes the system from the user/technician side if you are running a large report (this is bad.) We ended up just throwing the SQL tables into Tableau to get any sort of granular information. 3. Systems other than the ticketing feature aren't fleshed out. Assets and FAQs both stink, even when compared to ticketing system.

Jonathan

Solarwinds Web Help Desk is awesome and has tons of features!

Asset and Help Desk Ticket Tracking

Pros

Web Help Desk (WHD) has two main features that I love. You can create help desk tickets and you can track assets. WHD ticket system has a dashboard that you can create many different widgets on to see beautiful and detailed graphics. It also also has tabs to see your tickets, your group tickets, flagged tickets, and a search tab to see all tickets. WHD assets system allows you to input your devices or anything that used like to allow users to borrow. Then users can request usage of the devices. WHD has a very clean user interface. It is very easy to navigate and it is mobile friendly.

Tom

Solarwinds Web Help Desk solved multiple issues in our stores

As the only main IT person in our company, I was riddled with requests for help through the email, phone and in person. With the Solarwinds Web Help Desk, everything is ticketed, rated and responded to by urgency need. Also, when I contact support on our software programs, I can put the replies directly into the ticket and respond to the associate who wrote the ticket with up to date progress.

Pros

Quick to set up. Easy to operate. All users have access to their tickets

Cons

Reports are rough to use, however I have been able to understand them after a while.

Christopher

We have had the web helpdesk for about 2 years. Has made our live easier using this easy to use app.

Having to not worry about slowness and random errors that we got from our old in-house solution. Web HelpDesk is easy to setup and use.

Pros

Easy to incorporate with AD. Easy to customize your own reports for management. I like how each user has the ability to modify there own dash board.

Cons

The color an theme should be interchangeable. I wish there was a switchable color theme. For the most part that is it.

Adam

Industry: Textiles

Easy to use but missing some functionality

Tracking and time savings

Pros

Customizing ability and ease of use for clients. Easy to track assets and update inventory. Reporting is very easy.

Cons

Have to go into settings every time I need to add request types or new assets. I want to make additions right from the ticket screen or asset screen. Also I want the help desk calendar to sync directly onto my outlook calendar. Asset audit sucks. Want to know detailed info about the computers like software, o/S, memory, hard drive and it's a pain or doesn't pull the info most of the time.

Dustin