• Pros

• "Very easy to use Easy to configure Great support Works on every PC I have and iPhones! I use this every single day Excellent value "

• "Price and Super easy setup of computers. I wanted something that worked and was low cost. Splashtop fit the bill, It was easy to setup and use."

• "I love that it's straight forward, easy, simple, no more, no less. I love that the price is very competitive."

• Cons

• "Permissions for sharing computers was a little confusing to set up but support was very helpful."

• "I suppose the mobile app could be easier to use, but it works well enough."

• "The set up was easy but my computers needed to be rebooted after installing the software. Not being that 'tech-saavy' it took me a while to figure that out."

Browse Splashtop Business Access Reviews

Daniel from MVM Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best remote access software

Every employee is working from home. The software is fast, transparent and seemless.

Pros

I have used quite a few solutions to remote access software. Most are very complex and difficult to use. VPN was almost impossible for the users to use. Splash top was a breath of fresh air. I chose it because of the reviews it had. I downloaded the trial and installed it on the desktop server in minutes. That process was seamless. Then I had each user integrate the access from their remotes. Not a single user had any connection issues. We are now all working from home as if we were in the office. This software is excellent. We are accessing from laptops, iPhones, androids, iMacs and notebooks. No issues!

Cons

I have no reservations at all. This software is by far, the best remote access software I have ever seen.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

The tests I ran were very successful. There were no connectivity issues and the product operational speed was phenomenal.

Easy way to offer helpdesk support to clients

It has been very good experience with software, it works ok with our needs. there are few options and features if they are added it will be perfect software and compete with advanced solutions that have been in the market for years.

Pros

The software is straight fw....client download the software, generate the code and the tech can use the code to log into the computer remotely. It is stable, fast and work great. can see connected sessions or that were connected from the admin console. depending on your license you can have more than 1 tech connected to same session and u can have unattended access as well depending on the license.

Cons

with mac we have to enable settings in system to allow splashtop to take control but this is mainly Mac os system issue. The client has to generate the code every time from his end.....if it can work the other way it will be easier....I mean we generate the code for him or he can just install software then it appear on our end. If there is an icon on the desktop that the client can click on to appear on the admin console it will be great. it doesn't capture windows user password for reboot.

price and software roadmap

THOMAS from Factory Service Co., Inc.

Splashtop Disappointment

Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Pros

It's very user friendly and allows many features

Cons

Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

It looked like a great product. The actual software does not work at the level required

Angie from Saltwater Inc

Industry: Environmental Services

Awesome software for the now more common "stay at home' worker.

I had been using another software prior to switching to Splashtop in March, it was a free version because I had only need to access my work computer from home minimally and that was only to access our accounting software, everything else I needed was in the "cloud". The free software I was using had a horrible lag and terrible visual quality and once our state got stay at home orders, I began working from home full time, the lag and poor visual quality was not an efficient way to work. I looked into upgrading the free version but couldn't verify if the lag would be fixed and the price was outrageous so I opted to look for an alternative. That is how a came across Splashtop and decided to give the trial version a whirl and I am so glad I did, I knew with a day or 2 that I would be purchasing a license.

Pros

Super easy to use, with a lot features including fast access anywhere from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook, HD quality, file transferring. remote print, ability to switch between multiple monitors, all for as low as $5/month ($60 per year).

Cons

I access a computer with 2 monitors and will I can switch between the 2, I wish I had an option to make all everything open on one monitor because dragging between the monitors is not the smoothest when you can only have 1 monitor visible at a time. Although I believe viewing multiple monitors simultaneously is a feature in the Pro version, I am using the Solo version as working from home should only be temporary but if it were more permanent then I'd probably upgrade to Pro.

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi Angie, Thank you so much for the scoring and telling us your user experiences. It's truly our pleasure to have an environmental protector/maintainer as one of our customers. Regarding your feedback, have you tried our monitors switching hotkeys? Here are the articles for your information: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014465512-MULTI-MONITOR https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014349892-Splashtop-Business-App-Supported-Shortcuts-Hotkeys If you would like to have any further assistance, feel free to reach out any time at: https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us. We are at your disposal Stay healthy and take care!

Steve from Davis Musical Theatre Company (DMTC)

Industry: Performing Arts

This is the best Remote Desktop software

It has been excellent. Support is great and they have never tried to sell me more than I need

Pros

Cons

Can only access one remote PC at a time Wish there were a bit more customizations Need to be able to remove their icons (mouse, etc)

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Price and ease of use and functionality

Steven from Cohen Garelick & Glazier

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent User Experience!

I'm able to work remotely with no loss of productivity and also able to provide support to other users who do not know how to solve computer issues themselves.

Pros

I was particularly impressed with the sound transfer features of the software. I selected my desired sound settings on setup of the program, rather than having to select it with each session. There was no delay or latency and the full screen function makes it appear that I am sitting at my office computer. The cost was low and the value very high, especially when compared to other similar software, some of which costs 10 times as much.

Cons

Two different software programs, a streamer and a business program, must be loaded. It would be nice to only have to load one program, but this was not that much of a hassle.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Logmein was very expensive and the quality was not one bit better than Spashtop.

Philip from Saturn Tech Consulting LLC

Real value a fair price

I found Splashtop to be easy to use, and having the features like File-Transfer, Chat, Remote reboot, Desktop-Sharing, like their major competitor, but with up to 10 client PCs and at a significantly lower/fairer price, is a great and welcome value for me and many other small to medium, businesses!

Pros

As a sole proprietor PC Repair business owner, budget, security and diagnostic and remote desktop features are my highest priorities and Splashtop fits most of the bill.

Cons

I would rather be given a new password by my client and have to input it before I can remote-in on their PC each time. I have already had them be concerned about this. I told the client, people shoud always have a password or PIN login for Windows instead of an auto-login option for their own security. Other than that, I love Splashtop Business's features and performance.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

I have a mobile PC Repair business for small business and residential clients and I don't find a lot of call for remote desktop software; however, I do have some clients who live some distance from me and now that we are in the middle of a Stay-At-Home order due to a global pandemic, I still need to be able to provide my client's who ask for it, with remote software/Operating System support. Given that I need to support more than one client but not more than 10 remotely, Splashtop Business with all its essential features and value-pricing fits the bill perfectly!

Daniele from aMo Modena

Industry: Public Policy

Everything is easy

Because the covid-19 we had to stay at home from one day to another and was absolutely necessary to have an easy and light solution for smart and remote work without a VPN availability. Splashtop easily solved this necessity

Pros

It was easy to install: due to coronavirus all my colleagues installed Spalshtop by themselves at home. Easy to use:all of them are using Splashtop without any formation. Easy to administer: it was very easy for me manage licences

Cons

An option missing is to send a sequence that simulates ctrl alt canc via keyboard. Not a strategic absence but could help

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Best prices an clear licence policy.

MOE from MSA ACCOUNTING

Happy Camper

Simply the best solution for remote working and the cost is unbeatable. Keep up the great work Splashtop!

Pros

The product is very easy to setup and it's up and running with a click, I use it every day all day and I'm loving the fact that I don't feel like I'm connected to a remote computer. The speed is great and I can see the whole screen without any notification pop outs or other distractions, the icon bar is almost invisible when closed and it's a great feature.

Cons

I'm new to this product and it may be there already but would be nice if we could print from the local computer to the remote printer and vice a versa. same for sound.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

I signed up for the free trial and the performance was much better then what I was using before. Needless to say the cost was unbeatable.

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi Moe, Thanks a lot for the rating :) Hope you are doing well! My name is Antonia and I am with Customer Success team at Splashtop. Regarding your review, luckily, remote printing feature is already included in our products. Here's the relevant article for your reference: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725383-REMOTE-PRINT If you would like to reach out, please contact us anytime at customer-success@splashtop.com Stay healthy and take care!

Holley from TreeBranch Media

Industry: Graphic Design

The best alternative to those other guys!

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to setup and feels just like other remote login software I've used.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will flicker, not sure what it's a function of, possibly a screen print issue when I'm working in Photoshop remotely. It hasn't bothered me enough to really look into it.

Kenneth from America's Public Television Stations

The LogMeIn Alternative

We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Pros

The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Cons

It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

It worked with both Mac and PC with the same client and manager console

Ben from BCG

Splashtop puts others to Shame

Controlling machines, the fact that it supports UAC prompts, file transfer ability, all of those are reasons that this works well for our business.

Pros

To be honest value is the number one reason I love this software. Compared to other solutions the cost is lower, but the product is high quality and is used on a daily basis.

Cons

No support for Linux. We have several Linux machines that we would like to manage, but the support for Linux has been little to none. They have an old version for Linux, and it has not been updated in a while.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Cost vs Features, Splashtop wins every time.

Mike from Clock Medical Supply

Clean and Easy

I use it for tech support of all our computers inside or outside my network. Great for those road warriors that are gone all week.

Pros

Can remote into existing computers from a list it gives you at will using the small client software or buy the SOS module and have the user go to a website, give you a number, and you remote into any computer. You can setup different admins to see a different list of computer to remote into. Once you setup the credentials you can remote in easily at will.

Cons

When doing a file transfer sometimes you closes the connection. They have been working on this and may have it fixed by now.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Cost and ability to remote into a computer without user interaction along with ability to remote into a computer by having the user go to a website and give me an access number to get in without install any software prior to getting in.

David from Hillcrest Electronics Ltd

Industry: Computer Hardware

This software saved my business

Most of the support tasks that I perform now are with Splashtop Business Access, and physical visits to clients are now rare. Much of the work is after hours when businesses are closed, so it works very well for me.

Pros

The one thing that had me committed was the low cost after the massive price increases I was experiencing from Logmein. Splashtop has improved in performance, reliability and feature-set considerably over the several years I've been using it, and I cannot praise it more highly. The company also listen carefully to their users and have fixed minor issues along the way. All versions of Windows from XP upwards are supported, including servers.

Cons

There are very few cons. Very old PCs with poor graphics capability maybe rather slow, but there is an add-on driver that helps. Thankfully these issues are very rare, and those machines should have been upgraded anyway. Full Dual Monitor support is an additional paid option, but I can live without that.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

I preferred a product that was hosted elsewhere like Logmein, and the idea of hosting it here in the case of ScreenConnect didn't appeal. I believe ScreenConnect now have both options?

Ryan from Never Impossible Software

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Pros

It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Cons

The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

It was a better fit for my small business.

Chris from Precision Plastics, Inc.

Industry: Plastics

I have been using Splashtop for some time now and have had very few issues with it overall.

I am able to start my day from home in order to get my crew working sooner with what they need whether I am there or not and I can do it from anywhere which gives me more flexibility as a business owner.

Pros

I do cad work and thought it was better than LogMe In Pro which I had used for several years, but the file transfer function is very useful as I work from home at times and need that ability when programming or modifying various programs at times. I also do a good bit of estimating and that also requires the ability to transfer files or even log in to Quickbooks to send the quotation. It serves my needs very well. The support team is superior and I had a very good response from them recently when it was determined that it was my pc causing the issue so a clean install was all it took to put me back to where I was originally. All of these types of software apps can have quirky issues that can be a problem at times but I find that Splashtop really works well with very few minor issues. It gives you a lot of options on how to use it as well and that is always good in varying environments or situations.

Cons

There is very little to complain about and as I said previously, I think any issues that I have experienced were due to an install that maybe didn't go well but how would you ever know until you ask the support team and once I did the problem was fixed! I really like that so no cons to report here!

Catherine from iTutor

Splashtop Business Pro is a good choice for me

I would also like to mention that their Customer Support is excellent. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with their rep, discussing the merits of Splashtop and the various options available. He was thorough and extremely patient. I started with the 7-day trial of Splashtop Business Pro, which they extended for an extra 7 days when I needed more time. I've needed support a couple of times, and they were very responsive. Another thing I love about the choice I've made is the affordability. Some other services were going to be unjustifiably expensive for me, which led me to the search for an alternative. I don't need to offer 24/7 remote support, since I use it on an "as needed" basis, which fluctuates week by week.

Pros

After a relatively short learning curve, I was able to use this software exactly as required. I offer remote computer and device support to people who are, for the most part, over 75 years old. As such, it can be challenging to guide them through resolving their problem. Being able to offer remote access, is crucial with clients like this, because I can explain as I offer the visual. The seniors I deal with are easily confused with technology, which made guiding them through installation of the Splashtop Streamer at their end a bit tricky. This was probably the most difficult part of laying the groundwork for helping my clients. So I prepared screenshots of every step of the installation process for myself, which allowed me to guide them through installation one step at a time.

Cons

For the most part, Splashtop Business Access covers all bases for me and is definitely a crucial tool in accomplishing my work. Even so, there are two things on my "wish list", that would make the experience even better... 1. I would prefer not having to use my telephone to speak to the client, and would really appreciate if Splashtop had an audio component built into it. 2. Many of my clients have only iPads or iPhones and, to my knowledge, Splashtop does not allow for me to offer them remote support from my computer to their device. That possibility would be fantastic!

McKay from Five Star Commerce

Awesome tool for a great price - SOOO much better than Teamviewer

It works great. I used Teamviewer in the past and Teamviewer made you put in codes everytime you wanted to use it and weird stuff like that. Didn't seem like it was meant for long-term access to certain computers.

Pros

Splashtop is really easy to use once you get it set up. I also like that it was the "wake" feature which is a lifesaver. I use it to remotely access client's computers if I need to do something for them under their network. It's quite easy to use and I can have it setup to easily select the computer I need to log into.

Cons

Even with the wake feature, it doesn't always work (probably due to the computer not being connected to the internet etc.) but it's much better than alternatives. Really it does everything it is supposed to do so I don't have any other complaints.

Jason from Woodland Group

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Perfect solution to remote access and remote support

really helpful during initial talks, provided large trial licence and great discount on sign up

Pros

We needed to deploy a solution for a large number of users to remote onto their desktops, initially attracted to Splashtop for the price we quickly discovered it beat the competition in ease of use, delivery and service. We have since deployed remote support SOS for agents and will not be renewing Teamviewer. Sos UAC far smoother that teamviewer!

Cons

No negatives, this product met our requirements

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Value, performance, ease of use

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi Jason, It's so awesome to hear your feedback. Thank you for the scores. It's our pleasure to have an international logistics company on board. May we know what you use Splashtop for? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and how we are helping you with your business. We also have a great news to share with you that we have now have our branch office in Amsterdam. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help. Please reach us at customer-success@splashtop.com. Thanks again for your support! Stay healthy and take care!

Gary from Hyde County ABC Board

The software boots up very quickly, makes quick connections with remote computers and makes remote access a breeze.

Pros

Splashtop is fast, allows using any printer on your local computer and is inexpensive.

Cons

When copying a new set of files from a remote computer, I've had to occasionally rename the existing files in order to have an error free transfer. This has mostly happened when attempting to overwrite Quick Books files, but either renaming the existing files or deleting them solves the problem.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Highly rated by PC Magazine, good price and friendly tech support.

russell from SWDC of Florida, Inc

Great software that works

Claim to fame: I was walking around the Louvre museum in Paris on vacation, when we had an inspection at work back in Florida. I was able to move the files they were looking for whilst standing in the Egyptian area on my phone and in 10 minutes, my staff had everything they needed to complete the inspection.

Pros

I am a small business owner and the only person who needs to remote into my business. In my scenario, I no longer need to be in the office to work so often do some electronic paper pushing in the evenings and weekends (like most small business owners, we are 24/7!) and when staff have computer issues, I can remote into their desktops to fix the small issue no matter where I am in the world.

Cons

There is nothing I would complain about at this point.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Splashtop did everything I needed at an affordable price. I looked at other software that had other bells and whistles, but I didn't need them so why pay more. As I have subscribed to Splashtop, they have continued to invest and develop the product with upgrades and features being added.

Daniel from Echezabal and Associates, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

How to get the best bang for your remote access buck!

My users, as well as myself, enjoy the simplicity and ease of use of this software and how it gets out of the way and allows us to concentrate on our workflow.

Pros

This product was very easy to deploy, setup and install for the administrator as well as the end users.

Cons

The ability to show only online/active computers and users on the web portal management/sessions page.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Features, cost, and license allocation.

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop. We take great pride in the simplicity and capability of our software. It's our pleasure to have a surveying and mapping business on board. Regarding your feedback, may we know more about your concern? So that we will be able to know how to improve us to deliver our next level of remote access software. Please share with us at Feedback@splashtop.com Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon ;-) Stay healthy and take care!

Roger from Zombie Computers

Great remote support software for reasonable cost.

Splashtop saves me countless trips to customer sites and I am also able to support long distance customers which extends my company's market reach.

Pros

Light on resources. Can customize deployment packages for the customer to download themselves via a link.

Cons

I haven't seen the feature of being able to boot into Safe Mode and control the desktop yet.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

A better value with more deployment options.

Julie from Sensible Services ABC LLC

Help your business grow with Splashtop Business Access

The company is wonderful. The tech support is quick and effective and they don't stop until they get your problem solved as well as have great follow up after the fact. The price is affordable and the downloads quick.

Pros

We love the ease of setup for both us and our customers. When a new client comes on board, we simply send them the link, and in no time we are securely connected to their device.

Cons

That there is difficulty transferring very large files such as their QB desktop back up file

Ryan from Commercial Real Estate

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

A Splashtop Review.

Splashtop Business Access, overall, is great for projects involving file transfer and remote support. The program really has the upper hand in terms of lower cost and ease of use when it comes to security. Splashtop uses two separate applications - a server, which is installed on the machine you want to log in to, and also a viewer, installed on machines that you want to view from. The software provides an overall productive experience in that the separate application method assists in utilizing remote access software to run other employees computers who are working remotely in terms of technical support or demonstrations.

Pros

Splashtop sessions encrypted at 256-bit and includes many features that can be accessible while working remotely: speedy file transfer, and sleekly designed chat window, and community clipboards. Splashtop is also compatible with mobile devices. I like that employees can restart the remote machine in safe mode on one machine while working on or trouble-shooting an issue on another employee's computer. For your money, the basic remote access functionality is top notch.

Cons

A drawback of Splashtop might be the idea that separating the viewer application and the server application may be confusing because one cannot restart the remote machine from the viewer's toolbar. You must return to the server application and choose options that direct you to a dialogue box. You then have to manually select the reboot process in safe mode.

Juli from The Balancing Act

Splashtop - Great Solution

Exceptional. Again, I was skeptical when I first changed over but I have loved it and use it everyday.

Pros

This software is very affordable and easy to use. It is quick, doesn't freeze up and can be used from anywhere. I constantly go onto client computers and my computer from clients and feel this is a very efficient and affordable solution for any business or individual that needs to access computers from multiple sites. I used GoToMyPC for years but they keep raising prices astronomically. I was hesitant to move off their software but actually think Splashtop works better since I have changed to it. And it is much more affordable.

Cons

Nothing I have discovered yet is a problem. I did have a printing issue but was able to easily find the solution through an online search.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

I did research several softwares online to replace GoToMyPC. I chose Splashtop first as a free trial and then purchased it within 2 days because I liked it so much.

James from GeoGrafTek

Industry: Oil & Energy

Splashtop provides value in a provided service

Very good! It has provided seamless operations for myself as a remote administrator of a dental practice, retail establishments and a golf course. Along with family members as required.

Pros

It works, it is there when I need it, works on the platforms/OS's I need. The software is responsive and has improved with age.

Cons

My least items were from years ago. It has worked very well for my requirements. Woks better than LogMeIn for Mac's, that's a biggie as that's an elderly family member I assist remotely.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

The product offering and reviews.

Lance from Hansa Consult of North America, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Leader of the pack

Through the various subscription options, I can be the superhero I need to be without using proximity as an excuse/crutch. With Splashtop, I can investigate and resolve most any problem using an Internet connected device. Whether I'm in the office, at home or out of reach, all I need is the Internet and I'm my company's biggest and best problem solver.

Pros

Everything...and I mean it. Splashtop is lightweight, easy to deploy, has tons of features/options, etc. All the features a small business can/will actually use and at a price-point that isn't considered abusive.

Cons

The key word being "did", I was one of the very first to try something not named LMI. At that time, Splashtop was rudimentary and lacked a tremendous amount of functionality. But that's all in the past now. I still use LMI and TeamViewer in various capacities and for different reasons (not by choice), but my go-to is (and has been for 3 years now) SPLASHTOP. For the form, feature and function, there's nothing in the pay-for space that even comes close, period.

Kaes from NHH

Every update is a major step forward

An essential part of my work day as it helps me connect with different machines. Certainly worth the money.

Pros

Design is simple and intuitive Cost is very reasonable compared to other competitors. Copy and paste feature between screens is fantastic Every update is a major step forward and keeps getting better

Cons

Connection can drop at times Wake up feature sometimes unpredictable even when correct settings in place

John from Consumer Goods

Need to try Product

Great product!

Pros

Deployment/Installation to clients Resolution

Cons

Everyone can always grow. Have more Administrators

Price

Splashtop

It has helped us in customer service to remotely help our clients reliably.

Pros

It works very well and allows multiple connections and it is very easy to switch between connections. Lot of features that you can do without remotely connecting to the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it will crash and will require a computer reboot. I don't think there is anything else that I don't like about it.

Heidi from Cambridge Computer

More Economical than Logmein

Have been testing this as an alternative to Logmein. So far, no problems, all of our users are impressed by how quick it is and how well the desktop is rendered remotely. Seems more robust than Logmein.

Pros

Love how it has all of the features of Logmein at nearly half the price. It seems to work better and have more features, too.

Cons

Don't particularly care for the desktop application because there are more features available on the web version.

Jonathan from JAS Consulting

Great remote software

I have been using this solution for probably 6 or more years. I love the fact that it supports all platforms. I use it on my iPad on a regular basis.

Pros

Significantly less expensive than Logmein and some of the other remote access tools. Has all of the same features as some of the more expensive solutions.

Cons

Multi screen support is not available in the Business Access Solo.

Peter from Verhoef Electric Inc

Cost-effective remote access

We had a stand alone license and Splashtop assisted us in converting it to a team license, once we realized we needed more people to remotely access their computer - thank you.

Pros

Splashtop was installed by our IT support team ISServices. The installations were quick and easy - some were performed remotely. Splashtop allows for easy SOS support from out IT support team. For our remote workers with sensitive info, Splashtop allows you to "blank" the remote screen for better security. Multiple screen support works great.

Cons

Some of the mouse buttons do not seem to "transfer". I have a back button that does not work across Splashtop. Appears to need a solid network connection and speed for good performance. File transfer does not work with network drives. None of these are deal breakers - the value is great!

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Splashtop was recommended by our IT support team. Splashtop met our budget and functionality requirements. Feature for feature and dollar for dollar, Splashtop was the best choice for us on the market.

Cara from X-tra Custom Components, Inc.

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Quick access and easy to use

With a small management team, we use Splashtop to work from home regularly. During Shareholder lunch meetings we are able to access real time data simply and quickly. Splashtop is amazing for our company.

Pros

Whether I'm away from my desk for 10 minutes or for a vacation I can easily login to our network and get work done. The connectivity is excellent as is the accessibility.

Cons

It is a little more difficult to navigate on a phone than a tablet or computer but still much easier than the previous provider we used.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Cost as well as better connectivity and simplicity to use

Richard from Foodway Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Better alternative to other platforms!

We already enjoyed using Splashtop, however since the Covid-19 situation it has become a vital tool for myself and our employees.

Pros

We switched to Splashtop Business so we could use the remote print feature.

Cons

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Richard, Thank you for the rating and review. We are sorry to hear that you had experienced issue with our product, May know more details of your use case? Please e-mail us to customer-success@splashtop.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Yasmin from Sharp & Ready

Outstanding Software!

In comparison, it is the best remote access for business to most out there.

Pros

The ease of use! You don't have to be a savvy tech person to use this software.

Cons

None that I can think of. Any problems I have, I can figure out within minutes.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

The value for the product. Best price and now it is the best product for me.

Nico from Nile Technologies LLC

Industry: Semiconductors

Great product, with excellent pricing!!

It is solid, very stable and it has not let us down. Currently we use it a lot more due to the COVID-19 situation and the set it and forget it approach made working remotely a lot easier. No complaints about version mismatch like other software packages.

Pros

It provided all the features needed for our company at a very reasonable price. The company is very responsive, you can tell that they care about their company. It is rock solid and performs better than teamviewer.

Cons

I wish it would connect a little faster , but it is not a show stopper. It is rock solid!!

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Price, ease of use and reliability.

John from BNT Impact Windows And Doors

Reaching across data lines -

EXCELLENT. Love the constant updates and support.

Pros

Sending other users to access files/link.

Cons

The graphic icons are cartoony and not very clean/professional looking.

Cost, and support.

Ruth from Platsky Company

Industry: Warehousing

Must-have software for remote workers!

I cannot imagine working remotely without Splashtop. When NY shutdown and our "essential" business had to reduce the number of workers at the office, I was left scrambling to find a solution for accessing my computer (and the company's network) from home.

Pros

Love the drag-and-drop file transfer feature, it's saved me the hassle of going into work to copy files to a removable hard drive.

Cons

Very minor issue, but there are times when the connection is slow (maybe 1 out of 10 times).

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Splashtop's drag-and-drop file transfer feature hands-down.

Graham from The Royal College of Ophthalmologists

On Top of remote access

Needed quick, easy and reliable remote acess to a couple of office desktops when everything went in to lockdown and we needed to start working remotely at short notice. The Splashtop solution worked painlessly.

Pros

I've found Splashtop Business Access to be very easy to use, both for myself and for other general users. It works well over lower bandwidth links, even for streaming video - I've successfully managed a video conference where my office PC was the host, while I was at the wrong end of a poor broadband link. A colleague uses it successfully to check the office CCTV while remote working. Dual monitor support works well.

Cons

There hasn't been anything I thought was missing. Occasionally the client fails to launch for me but it works every time on the second try, so not investigated further. Heart stopping moment when updating the software on the remote machine but actually it worked flawlessly.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Quick and simple trial and purchase. Very reasonable cost for just the couple of users that I needed.

Arthur from Groton Town Court

Industry: Judiciary

Replacement Software

Pros

The price is what initially attracted me, but then features, ease of use and other items attracted me. I was looking for a replacement of my "computer to computer" software that I had been using for about 8 years, but had increased pricing by about 700% this year. I found Splashtop through a search engine and it was less than what I had been paying for the previous with more features than I previously had. I do quite a bit of work from home and, quite frankly, Splashtop is better than the previous software for the features I needed.

Cons

So far I can't complain about anything. I had a security question before I set Splashtop up, but a quick call to customer support answered my question (which I could have found the answer to if I had taken the time to read the manuals in the first place.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

It has the options I was looking for and the value for the price is fantastic.

Rory from Big Red Wine Shipping

Great product, great value!

As a programmer working remotely, I use this product daily. My personal internet speed is slow but I've never had a problem with connecting, transferring files or working remotely. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for remote access.

Pros

1. Great value compared to comparable products. 2. Easy to install 3. Easy to use 4. Fast, even on slow connections 5. File transfers work great 6. Never have a problem hanging.

Cons

I've been using this product for a year and a half and I don't have any negative comments.

Michael from Whitehall Central School District

Splashtop - Probably the one you should choose!

I remember when many of these programs were free to use. Unfortunately, the need for security and management has changed all that. There were few programs that support remote printing to local printers, and my management needed this feature. Splashtop was always an option on list, but having this feature put it right up there. The rest of it, once the initial setup has been completed, has been a dream from other free type programs. You really do get what you pay for.

Pros

Splashtop has all the major features I need in a remote access software. I can connect in, using typical brokered connection remote access. I can do some basic file transfers. I can do some basic copy / paste type features. It also has some nice print features. I can print from my remote computer (that I am controlling from say, my laptop), and have it come out from the printer on my laptop. Now that is a rare feature. Especially in cross platform situations. The business usermanagement features are nice for us IT guys.

Cons

Splashtop isn't as instantly turn key as some other products. You have to download the connector, streamer, whatever they want to call it, if you want to remotely control that device. Not the usual client. The download page may confuse many users as to what item they are looking for.

Jason from Nexterra Foundation

Industry: Research

Perfect software and easy to use

Pros

Splashtop Business is easy to use, and it seamlessly allows remote control and operation of a number of computers. Our team uses it on a daily basis to have desktop control as well as to transfer files. It is lower cost than other leading similar software, and the support is excellent.

Cons

I wish there were a way to easily log in to the file structure and transfer files without having to open the full desktop control.

Russ from RSS Trailer Repair

Splashtop is a great low cost alternative

Super easy to set it up. I hadit working on 10 computers within an hour and tested each connection. Good Stuff!

Pros

Cons

Honestly I can't think about anything that I don't like about Splashtop. I did a search on remote access software and Splashtop seemed to fit the bill, inexpensive and simple.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

Simplicity and cost. I wanted to have access to remote computers without spending too much.

David from Kentucky Credit Union League

Exellent Software

It is a great piece of software for all kinds of uses. You can help a coworker or a family member with a problem they are having. It makes working from at home a breeze.

Pros

Taking control of another computer is awesome. Just install on both computers and get started, its that easy.

Cons

You need a big screen for the administrator because when taking control of another computer makes the screen smaller.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

My computer at work saves everything on a server that can only be accessed by a computer that is physically at the office.

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi David, Thanks a lot for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop. We take pride in the simplicity of our software. It's so awesome to hear you feedback. We really appreciate it. Regarding your review, have you tried our Video Rendering Options? Please open the Splashtop Business app (purple icon) > File menu > Options > Advanced > Click on the dropdown menu under Video Rendering Options. If you would like to reach out, please contact us anytime at https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us Stay healthy and take care!

Rae from Rae J Schmidt

Great Software!!

Having easy access to clients' computers & my other office computers is priceless. The connections are good, the price is unbeatable.

Pros

The ease in printing checks remotely. Ease of setup Ease of use

Cons

NOTHING!!! It works as advertised and have not run into any problems.

Jamison from Warner University Inc

We needed to provide remote access to 40 employees during Covid 19 and Splashtop made the process easy and quick.

Pros

Easy to manage and deploy. We were able to get about 40 users setup and working from home in the span of a week. Like the ability to add or remove user licenses as needed.

Cons

My only con would be the ability to update the deployed streamer settings from the web console.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Business Access

It was the best bang for your buck. It was cheap but still with great features.

Response from Splashtop

Replied May 2020

Hi Jamison, Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop. We take great pride in the simplicity of our software. It's our pleasure to have an educational business as one of our customers. Regarding your deploy feedback, may we know more about your user case? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and find the way to suit your business better. Please reach us at https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us so that our team will be able to help you out. Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon :) Stay healthy and take care!

Great for Remote Access Support

Pros

We love the ease of use for this product. We can easily find our user computers as it allows us to separate them into searchable groups. Additionally, we set this up to be deployed via Group Policy, which made the installation process for our end users seamless. Also, we love that when the remote session is over, it automatically locks the user's computer for added security (in the chance they have stepped away from their desk while we are working on it). It truly does facilitate remote access. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The only con is that the installation process was a bit more involved for our Mac users. It did not allow us to have a silent deployment for these devices, which caused our technicians to have to take time to install it locally. Although the product is great, this slowed us down significantly while trying to deploy this across 500 Mac Users.

Response from Splashtop

Replied September 2018

Thanks for reviewing. Script-based deployment is possible for Macs, depending on the tools at your disposal. This support article (https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725183-Command-line-parameters-to-silently-install-your-deployable-Splashtop-streamer) details script-based deployment for both Windows and Mac. The article has a download link for the Mac deployment script. Our customers have used Munki, Casper/JAMF, or similar to make the deployment happen. Note the comment about Soundflower/Munki. If you have further questions, feel free to contact our Support team at https://www.splashtop.com/support.