Splashtop Business Access Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love it because I can wander the classroom, keep a better eye on what my students are doing while going over the notes. My classroom management has improved and the student engagement has improved."
  • icon"It is lower cost than other leading similar software, and the support is excellent."
  • icon"Installation was quick and easy and the program is super simple to navigate."
  • icon"I had to contact support multiple times to trouble shoot why the software wasn’t working with my surface pro. They cater more to Apple products."
  • icon"Occasionally I have trouble with the remote printing function."
  • icon"So far, I have not had any experience that I would say was a negative experience."

Have you used Splashtop Business Access and would like to share your experience with others?

All Splashtop Business Access Reviews

Diana

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Simple Setup, Easy to Use

Will

Great value screen share and unattended access

Very good, would definitely recommend

Pros

The setup was straight forward, simple agent communicating over HTTPS rather than non-standard ports. It allows us to connect to customer servers, easily.

Cons

The computer and user groups could be more intuitive

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

Much easier to use and the pricing was much more accessible for an SME

Linda

Excellent Way to Access Your Computer Remotely

Splashtop gives me the freedom to work remotely. The platform makes you feel like you're sitting at the computer you're accessing remotely. I love it!

Pros

I am very grateful that one of my clients introduced me to Splashtop. The platform allowed me to access his computer remotely and it worked very well. I had been using another platform for my own computers in my office. When that platform stopped providing free access, I started researching other platforms. Many had ridiculously high prices that were too high for my little business. I was pleasantly surprised at the price when I researched Splashtop. Thanks to them, I now have all the accessibility I need at a reasonable price.

Cons

At first I couldn't find out how to log someone out if they had forgotten to log off when they were done. After some searching and clicking around, I found the disconnect option. It would be nice if that was a little easier to find. Other than that, I have no other complaints.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

The pricing for Splashtop was reasonable and affordable for my small business needs.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

TeamViewer no longer offered to the free option to me. Their pricing was not affordable for my small business.

THOMAS

Splashtop Disappointment

Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Pros

It's very user friendly and allows many features

Cons

Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

It looked like a great product. The actual software does not work at the level required

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

LogMeIn was costly - but it did work!

Industry: Law Practice

Great Product, Great Value

We needed a replacement product for remote access of our local desktops both from our satellite office as well as in the event stay at home orders went back into effect. Other products I've used in the past for this purpose have been so slow and unresponsive that even with fast internet it was painful to try to work using remote access. Splashtop is very fast and works very well. It was also available at an incredibly reasonable price for the number of users our firm needed.

Pros

Probably the most important aspect of this software is how fast and responsive it is. Programs I've used in the past have had a lag where my curser doesn't track as quickly as my mouse movements, or text is entered more slowly than I type. Splashtop feels almost like I am working on the desktop locally rather than remotely accessing it. It also has nice features for transferring files, printing locally or remotely, locking the screen and controls of the remote desktop, and a live chat feature (although I do not really use the chat feature).

Cons

It is a bit tedious to set up the program on different computers due to all of the authentications emails, it takes a little while to familiarize oneself with the admin controls, and you need to take steps to make sure that the Splashtop Streamer app is running in the background when you try to launch the remote access, which can be confusing to explain to users that are not technologically savvy.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

Splashtop was a cheaper, better fit. Even the Citrix salesperson did not recommend that we try to replace ShareConnect with the Virtual Apps and Desktop program. Once I saw how fast Splashtop operated, I did not even consider looking at some of the programs we had used prior to ShareConnect.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

ShareConnect, a program offered with our Citrix ShareFile subscription, was going to be discontinued as a SaaS offering, and the replacement option that would have been available was not a good fit and would have been much more expensive.

McKay

Awesome tool for a great price - SOOO much better than Teamviewer

It works great. I used Teamviewer in the past and Teamviewer made you put in codes everytime you wanted to use it and weird stuff like that. Didn't seem like it was meant for long-term access to certain computers.

Pros

Splashtop is really easy to use once you get it set up. I also like that it was the "wake" feature which is a lifesaver. I use it to remotely access client's computers if I need to do something for them under their network. It's quite easy to use and I can have it setup to easily select the computer I need to log into.

Cons

Even with the wake feature, it doesn't always work (probably due to the computer not being connected to the internet etc.) but it's much better than alternatives. Really it does everything it is supposed to do so I don't have any other complaints.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

Teamviewer is cost-prohibitive (like $40/month, which makes sense if you're a tech support company or something like that, but not for what I do). Also, it makes you input codes and stuff everytime you login so you have to have those on hand all the time and remember which 9+ digit code goes with each computer that you want to access.

Roger

Great remote support software for reasonable cost.

Splashtop saves me countless trips to customer sites and I am also able to support long distance customers which extends my company's market reach.

Pros

Light on resources. Can customize deployment packages for the customer to download themselves via a link.

Cons

I haven't seen the feature of being able to boot into Safe Mode and control the desktop yet.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

A better value with more deployment options.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

LogMeIn was getting too expensive when there were several other players in the remote support game.

December 2021

Back bone for remote offices

It solved the printing issues we were having when needing to give someone physical copies of things, as all of our employees are not computer savvy. I can get into their computers, convert files to off, transfer to anyone's computer or print directly to their printers when needed. This is the main reason why we needed a remote desktop software in the first place. It has made genie working so much easier for our office.

Pros

The ease of accessing files without having to physically bring your hard drive, thumb drive or use a cloud to share files has been critical to remote working for our office.

Cons

So far I love every feature and have not run into any issues with using the software. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect!

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

It was recommended by a colleague.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

It wasn't working as efficiently and easily as we wanted it to. We were alway running out of clouds space, we always needed someone to physically check on the computers we needed to access, for whatever reasons, it didn't connect every time we needed to.

Sara

Amazing Price for a Great Product

I use Splashtop at least once a week, and sometimes more often than that. I use it to access the company's computer from home, primarily so I can use Quickbooks Desktop to run payroll or view financial reports. I also use it to work on spreadsheets and documents. I love that I can easily copy or transfer files between devices while I work. I also really like that I can print to a local printer or the remote printer.

Pros

Splashtop is extremely easy to use, and the view quality is really good. I have used other remote access products with much worse viewability...and they were more expensive. Splashtop is really quick and easy to launch from the app I installed on my home computer. It is much less cumbersome than other products I have used.

Cons

I haven't run into anything that I dislike about the software.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

I chose to try Splashtop instead of other products because it had really good reviews. It sounded reliable and user friendly. I also appreciated the free trial...which confirmed my desire to commit to an annual subscription.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

The price of gotomypc rose rapidly, and finally doubled, with no improvement in the product itself.

Holley

Industry: Graphic Design

The best alternative to those other guys!

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to setup and feels just like other remote login software I've used.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will flicker, not sure what it's a function of, possibly a screen print issue when I'm working in Photoshop remotely. It hasn't bothered me enough to really look into it.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

I needed to login to my church's computer and a church is considered a business according to TeamViewer and their price point is not feasible for a small non-profit and they don't make exceptions. Turns out I love it even for my business applications as well!

Kouadio franck arnold

November 2022

excellent outil prise en main

Pros

Support de gestion à distance Facile à utiliser. Facilité de résolution des problèmes d'ordre informatique

Cons

Configuration un peu compliqué mais avec quelques bidouillage ça marche

Erika

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Best remote option so far

Pros

It's easy to access the multiple computers I need to. Bonus that I can be logged into more than one at once. I like the options for having different windows representing the different monitors and being able to move them and readjust size.

Cons

Unfortunately setting up remote audio was a hassle. Once I got it to work it's been seamless ever since. Second complaint about audio is that if you are working on Macs, you can't get audio through both the local and remote computer at the same time. Only 1 Mac will get the audio and it's not a quick function to toggle or switch between either. I've been told PCs support this function though :( this would be super helpful to have.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

Cheaper, more attractive / simple interface, works with macs, transmits audio with macs

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

I despise PCs with every fiber of my being. The HP RGS (it had a new name now, can't recall what) was buggy, bulky and not user friendly. It required way faster internet speed and a VPN to work half as well. Logging into RGS required an IP address and username / password EVERY TIME and you couldn't be logged into multiple computers at the same time so switching between computers always took forever.

Diana

Industry: Law Practice

Simple Setup, Easy to Use

Programs that I only have downloaded on my CPU at work can be accessed remotely from my home! This is saving me time, money and energy.

Pros

When I had a change in circumstances and needed to transition to working from home for several months, this product was recommended to me by a colleague. It was easy to setup and super simple to use. I can now access my work computer from home!

Cons

I don't like how small it makes my screen. I have to zoom in to be able to see things well. I'm not sure if there is a workaround for this, and maybe it's because my laptop is smaller than my computer at work, so it just seems tiny when I'm using certain programs.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

It was highly recommended by a colleague in my building.

Daniele

Industry: Public Policy

Everything is easy

Because the covid-19 we had to stay at home from one day to another and was absolutely necessary to have an easy and light solution for smart and remote work without a VPN availability. Splashtop easily solved this necessity

Pros

It was easy to install: due to coronavirus all my colleagues installed Spalshtop by themselves at home. Easy to use:all of them are using Splashtop without any formation. Easy to administer: it was very easy for me manage licences

Cons

An option missing is to send a sequence that simulates ctrl alt canc via keyboard. Not a strategic absence but could help

Reasons for choosing Splashtop Business Access

Best prices an clear licence policy.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

Because we needed a lighter and easier tool for remote connection. And with a more clear and flexible licencing policy

Ryan

Better then the rest

Pros

I tried a few different remote access applications and for the price Splashtop is by far the best. The ease of setup and connecting to the remote systems is great. The file transfer is a great feature as well.

Cons

Only downside is if you connect from one machine to a remote pc and leave it connected you can’t connect to a 2nd machine. I tried to disconnect but it never seems to work.

Overall price for features

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

After getting a new Mac I cloned the new Mac from the old one using the Mac OS and no matter what I did it retained the app settings from the old Mac so I couldn’t use both. I contacted support and they were no help.

Jonathan

Great remote software

I have been using this solution for probably 6 or more years. I love the fact that it supports all platforms. I use it on my iPad on a regular basis.

Pros

Significantly less expensive than Logmein and some of the other remote access tools. Has all of the same features as some of the more expensive solutions.

Cons

Multi screen support is not available in the Business Access Solo.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

Way more cost effective and works just as well.

Richard

Industry: Food Production

Better alternative to other platforms!

We already enjoyed using Splashtop, however since the Covid-19 situation it has become a vital tool for myself and our employees.

Pros

We switched to Splashtop Business so we could use the remote print feature.

Cons

The set up was easy but my computers needed to be rebooted after installing the software. Not being that 'tech-saavy' it took me a while to figure that out.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop Business Access

We specifically needed to be able to print from our remote computers to our remote printers.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Richard, Thank you for the rating and review. We are sorry to hear that you had experienced issue with our product, May know more details of your use case? Please e-mail us to customer-success@splashtop.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Replied June 2020