What are Trainual users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Trainual software through verified user reviews

• icon"As a user, it is simple and clean. As a training content creator, it is again easy and fun to create content in."
  • icon"Trainual has been great for getting us organized and having all our policies in one location. Assigning subjects and ease of use for employees has been really helpful."
  • icon"The price is reasonable and flexible according to user numbers, and has a monthly payment option as opposed to a lot of other LMS systems requiring annual upfront payment."
  • icon"When I went to cancel the free trial, it was very difficult."
  • icon"When an incorrect answer is chosen the software will tell you that the answer is wrong, but not what the correct answer was."
  • icon"It can get a little bit disorganized while everyone is editing and changing departments all at once."

Browse all Trainual Reviews

• Have you used Trainual and would like to share your experience with others?

Jordan

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

April 2022

If you aren't using trainual you are missing out

Rashad

Industry: Photography

Employee training software

Generally, I do enjoy to be part of this software that earned many things and many prosperous worker that easily skipped the adaptation process through Trainual.

Pros

It does provide the user friendly that what and well designed interface enhance the quick working in the software. To create the training by selected the members through the software is amazing that makes possible to categorize the training and programs according to the needs of the member of the team. The possibility to make some edits on the categorization is stunning. The newly-joined member of our company in the entertainment department could enjoy the chance to adopt the skills and functions in a constant way that will make huge profit.

Cons

To be honest, I do not see any serous problem in general, however, I would tell that the new functions are extremely important. I would be happy to have the special access the learning platform like Coursera or Udemy that some member of our department could benefit from these selected courses. Besides, I want to express my concern about lack of customization possibility that could result in the time saving in the work process.

Response from Trainual

Hey, Rashad! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're super excited to hear that it's making training your new hires much easier! And that you've enjoyed using it. We also appreciate your feedback on adding more customization options. We're currently working on new ways to customize your team's experience, so stay tuned! If you have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help.

Wade

The answer to what I was looking for

Overall it has been great. It is easy to use and figure out and it is helping me go deep in systemizing my business.

Pros

We have high turnover and being able to make initial training part of the hiring process have helped us weed out applicants who are not serious. It also provides a great way to get people to complete training before being eligible for raises and promotions. I like how I can track the progress of my team, and quiz them to ensure comprehension, as well as the different media I can implement to help drive home certain points.

Cons

The pricing model that does not include all of the features unless you pay the premium right off the bat. It takes a long time to get all of the systems into Trainual, and I am not able to release it right away to my team so I didnt want to pay the premium if they were not going to be able to access the features right away. I will probably upgrade to the premium later on and revamp my lessons, but I am a bit conflicted about having my team go through re-training at that point just to see some flashy new features that I would have liked to implement at the beginning.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

It seemed to be the best fit for our company and it was recommended by moving companies in another market that use it.

Reasons for switching to Trainual

Because of the ability to track and quiz applicants and team members and make a more user friendly portal for them.

Response from Trainual

Hi Wade! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has helped to make your training process more efficient and you've been able to systemize your business with it! And thanks for your feedback on our different plans. The good news is that if you do upgrade, you won't have to make your team go through their training again (unless you'd like them to). Everyone's completion percentage will remain the same when you upgrade. If you do have additonal questions about upgrading or anything else, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Dior

Industry: Wholesale

June 2022

Exactly what we were looking for!

It's been great! Super easy to set up and literally used every day.

Pros

Passing knowledge onto our customers is of the utmost importance to us, thus our team members need to be provided with quick access while they're working live to access these situations with quality solutions. Having Trainual open and accessible during the work day is key to achieving that!

Cons

I honestly cannot say a bad thing about Trainual. My only point of improvement would be to allow for a directory that does not need to be accessed teamwide for its creation.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

We needed something that does not always require an interactive experience. Most of our team uses this manual for base knowledge and refreshers, thus we appreciate the ability to look things up fast!

Rachel

July 2022

Trainul is like having an HR Department!

Overall very easy to use and extremely helpful!

Pros

Love that everything can be customized as well as the functionality on the platform.

Cons

What's not to like! At this point we are still getting the platform up and running and yet to find any flaws.

Jean

May 2022

Trainual is a great option

Pros

Creating and managing process is very simples in trainual. Having a specific tool for traning give a more "serious/important" feeling about the content, special for remote teams.

Cons

The search engine could be better. Sometimes it's not so good to find the right content.

Reasons for switching to Trainual

Trainual is focused on training and process management. We still use monday to manage our projects.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jean! Thank you so much for leaving us this awesome review :) We're super stoked to hear that it's been useful for you as you create and manage your processes. And we appreciate you sharing your feedback on the search functionality! We're working on updating that functionality, so stay tuned for some improvements to come soon! If you have any other feedback, always feel free to reach out! Thank you so much again for being such an awesome part of our community and for working with us!

Replied June 2022

Just what our company needed!

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Trainual had everything we needed and we will never go back to another training program again!

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Replied May 2019

Stephanie J.

Amazing Service

It's been effective in keeping all info gathered in one location and making it easily accessible & easy to train new people.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and stay organized and help others get trained.

Cons

I wish there was a search bar that when a keyword was input, it would show exactly where in the modules that keyword shows up in a list. That would be super helpful in updating old information once it's not relevant rather than having to go through all modules to see where information may be outdated.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

We also use Basecamp, but are hoping to ease out of it eventually.

Jon

Industry: Facilities Services

Great playbook software

Pros

Adding subjects and monitoring progress are easy!

Cons

For a small company like ours, the price is really high. There is great value but it is more expensive than our accounting software.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Purpose built for SOP’s and training.

Stephanie

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Excellent Product to help Organize information and small businesses

It's been a great tool and time saver.

Pros

How it organizes information easily and tracks whether users have gone through material.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up a billboard with information we can put info into so that we could easily have access without clicks into things that we can see at all times.

Reasons for switching to Trainual

We wanted to make it more user friendly when sharing it with new people working on the project.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments about a Bulletin/Billboard feature have you experimented with Forums? That might do the trick! Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Replied November 2020

Maggie

Best Decision we have made this year!

Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates at all properties.

Pros

Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons

We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Ease of use; quick, personalized customer service; beautiful platform design; app designed specifically for training associates

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email support@trainual.com with any questions.?

Replied June 2019

Caitlin

July 2022

Great tool!

I really appreciate the functionality of Trainual, and it has been very important to our company.

Pros

The job I do is very important and technical, so I love that I can type up all the steps for someone else to have access to if it's ever needed because I'm unable to do the job.

Cons

The look of the software isn't great. It's very functional but not very nice to look at.

Cortney

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

February 2022

The Thing You Didn't Know You Needed!

We absolutely love Trainual: as a company, a team, and a product. It has become the foundation of our company and the place that we are working so hard to get all of the information. As we build this plane while flying it, we appreciate how easy it is to write down what we are doing so it is easier next time. Prior to Trainual, sometimes I felt like MacGruber holding things together with a paperclip and a gum wrapper based on my memory or other team member's institutional knowledge and now we can capture it all, sometimes in the moment. We plan to be using Trainual indefinitely.

Pros

There are many things that I like the most about this software that have to do with features, but I think the features would not be useful if the platform wasn't designed with a foundation of a solid understanding of how small businesses function and scale. So, to start with, I love the philosophy and approach of Trainual as a company and the team as humans. Trickling down from there, the platform is designed that way - it is clear it is flexibly designed, but kept intuitive, and thoughtfully updated with feature requests that have the greatest impact across their users. The organization of the content makes it easy to jump right in to get something created along with the template gallery helping to streamline it all.

Cons

I have two suggestions that are specific to how we use the platform, and I have submitted these are requests so I know they are in the hopper: 1) make the directory accessible through the mobile app. Often times when we hire new people, that is what we want them to be able to access and they are doing everything from their phones before they are in our workplace. 2) update the time stamping to track each time a subject/topic/step is completed for each employee. More Specifically, when you have to provide documentation to the department of labor for unemployment claims they may request evidence of the days/times that you asked someone to complete and then review a policy. In trainual, only the reviewed date is saved so you lose the evidence of the initial completion date. We have been in this pickle twice, and I would like to not to have to track all completions and reassignments outside of Trainual for compliance reasons.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Google classroom wasn't yet an app in google gsuite (now workspace) so we went with Trainual!

Ethan

Industry: Investment Management

Great product

Great product very happy

Pros

Love that we are able to contain all important training materials both internal and client-specific procedures in one easy to use platform

Cons

The search function could be improved. Like if I searched for a specific procedure for a hypothetical client named "Red" the search function will more than likely return values for other procedures that have the word "red" somewhere in the procedure. The first results should be based on of trainual name not what is contained within the body/text of each trainual. Causes lots of issues for us as our company name is Longs Peak. The word "peak" is commonly used in the investment industry both as a way to describe the market and also is used in a lot of different firm names.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Was not involved in decision making process

Response from Trainual

Hi Ethan! Thank you so much for leaving us a review :) We think you're also pretty great, and we're excited to hear that Trainual has been super easy for you to use! And thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the search functionality. We're currently working on improvements to how results are pulled via search within Trainual, so stay tuned on some exciting updates! If you ever have any other feedback or need anything from us, always feel free to reach out. We appreciate you a ton and we're so excited to continue to work with you!

Industry: Veterinary

May 2022

Trainual is a game changer!

Trainual is a game changer in veterinary hospitals! Communicating and standardizing processes has always plagued veterinary managers and this program allows everything to be documented and instructed in one place.

Pros

This software is well organized for learners, users and managers. Team members love that it can be used on their mobile phone for learning and to reference material when needed. I love the search function! I also appreciate that Trainual has stayed responsive to rolling out new improvements.

Cons

I wish there were more interactive activities available for the users. We use it heavily as a learning system, as well as a place to document SOP's, and we miss some of the interactive features that we had in other programs like Nearpod. The loss of this is still worth it to have the streamlined design and reporting features that Trainual offers.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review for us :) We're super stoked to hear that Trainual has been a gamechanger for your business! And thank you for your feedback on the interactive features within Trainual. I'll pass that on to our Product Team, but if you have any specific ideas on interactive features that would be awesome, feel free to share them here as we're always looking to improve: https://portal.productboard.com/trainual/2-trainual-feature-requests/tabs/4-under-consideration We appreciate you for being a part of our community and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Sonja

Online business GLUE!

Excellent experience overall. It is the back bone of policies, training and reference for our company.

Pros

This has enabled all employees to have access to training, reference and libraries of company resources. It makes onboarding and training quick, easy and less stressful.

Cons

The sections could use some flexibility for customizing for our company reference areas. SOP's vs. Policies vs. Training vs. Documentation. It gets confusing where to put all of the stuff. I also don't even know much about some of the features in the Trainual from this survey. Finally, if you want to become an absolute invaluable resource that we can NEVER live without, then assign a rep that we can work with to maximize and assess usage and direct us on how to manage, organize and leverage the tool. I would pay extra for a year or two of support/success service with an assigned rep that gets to know my business.

Response from Trainual

Hi Sonja! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome review of Trainual :) We're so excited to hear that it's made accessing training and reference material so much easier for you and your team! And thank you for your feedback on content organization customization and for getting a rep for your account. I have great news for both of these for you, though! On the content organization customization side, you can actually rename the "Company", "Policies", and "Processes" sections to any names that make more sense for your business. To do that, go to "Account Settings" from the top navigation, and then scroll down to "Custom Terminology". From there, you'll be able to rename the Trainual terminology to anything you'd like. In regards to having your own representative, for Scale accounts that are over 50 users, we do assign those customers with a dedicated rep that is there to help you get set up for success. Hope that helps! Thank you again for everything!

March 2022

It Works for Us

Pros

I like the user-friendliness of the application interface & the ease of delivering a seamless, high-quality user experience. I appreciate the solution's flexibility, allowing us to leverage it as a LMS & a KD. Based on budget, this solution was a solid win for us.

Cons

I was not a fan of the lack of user & content data provided. I would like to see more robust reporting on user data, internal SEO data & content efficacy. For example, it would be beneficial to be able to see data on content access frequency, average duration on-page, most frequently searched key terms, ranking info, top viewed content, etc.

Reasons for switching to Trainual

Required a solution to better serve our needs.

Duane

Trainual = Scalability

Overall it has done what we have needed. It will allow us to be more systematic and provide resources for our employees.

Pros

Simple to use once you integrate LOOM. Once everyone starts using it the ease is even easier.

Cons

It would be great to be able to track overall training flow or steps with training candidates with both in-person and online training all on the TRAINUAL platform.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Ease of use and mobile app capabilities.

Response from Trainual

Hi Duane! Thank you so much for this awesome review of Trainual :) We're stoked to hear that you really like the Loom integration and that it's helped your business scale up. And thank you for the feedback about tracking overall training flow within Trainual. I'll pass this on to our Product Team as we are always looking for ways to improve. In the meantime, let us know if you ever have any other feedback, and we'll be happy to hear it! Thanks so much again, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Raegan

Industry: Defense & Space

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Sean

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Cost, ease, functionality, and the fact that they are a company HQed in the same state as us.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Kathryn

Positive Experience

Overall my experience with Trainual has been positive and made policy and procedure writing a little easier and even fun!

Pros

Cons

I would like a signature page option for the agreements and handbook acknowledgement receipts.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

I looked at several options but Trainual was the only one focused on policy and procedure more than other HRIS functions and that's what we needed and still need as we continue to make changes, Trainual makes those changes easy on the policy side. No more printing and re-printing paper copies - make a change in one spot and everyone is informed.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kathryn! Thank you for the thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We definitely understand your need for a signature option, and we'll be sure to let our Product Team know. We appreciate your continued support! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us!

George

Highly Recommend

Thus far it has been a welcomed addition to our training program. Wil Pagod has been there every step of the way to help me navigate when I've had questions.

Pros

As a training coordinator it gives me flexibility. It does not replace face to face training. But is an addition to the training program. It allows members to complete training on their time and gives us the ability to easily update said training.

Cons

The initial roll out was a little confusing for members who aren't computer literate. But it didn't take much training to get them up to speed.

Reasons for choosing Trainual

Trainual offered everything that I was looking for. An easy to use platform that was easily updated and had the integrations I needed.

Response from Trainual

Hi George - Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review of Trainual :) We're beyond pumped to hear that the platform has been a huge help in the way you train employees. And we're really glad to hear we had everything you need to be successful. That made our day hearing that! Appreciate you a ton for being a part of our community, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Jordan

February 2022

If you aren't using trainual you are missing out

Incredible. We use it all the time and it has become our document repository as well as our best asset in training.

Pros

I can create one training video with screen narration and push it out to my different teams rather than having to train each person individually.

Cons

It's definitely hard to get started making content. But that is more on the user than the service. Make sure you set aside time to work on this!

So far so good!

Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros

It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons

There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Replied October 2018

Shania

Trainual is great!!

Trainual is overall a wonderful company, there customer service is generally very quick and usually always helpful :)

Pros

It is not hard to learn how to use, it is fun to create training programs. There are many things you can do with this software.

Cons

Some of the embedding features are hard to understand and can be complicated if you are not tech friendly. It can be slightly hard to grasp how the courses can be set up, Such as understanding subject, topic, steps and how they work together.

Response from Trainual

Hi Shania - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're really happy to hear that you're having fun with it and that you've found it useful. Plus, your awesome words about our company totally made our day! As always, our support team is here to help wherever you need it, so always feel free to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your experience better! Looking forward to continuing to work with you :)

Trainual