AlayaCare Reviews

3.94 / 5 (103) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 22 times in the last 30 days

Browse AlayaCare Reviews

Kristin from AmeriCare Medical Inc.

Best Homecare Software

Our company has increased its billing turnaround time through this system. We have also made our field staff happy by making everything real time (including ensuring that they get paid on time once paperwork is submitted).

Pros

The ease of use by internal and external staff is amazing. They are constantly looking to improve the software to make it even better (if that is possible).

Cons

The data exploration was cumbersome in the beginning as it has a lot to offer. With that being said, once you get familiar with it, it actually isn't as difficult as originally anticipated.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

We chose AlayaCare due to the ease of use for our external staff as well as all of the data reporting features.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Our other software did not have any features that were beneficial for our external staff. The internal staff had to complete everything on the back end. This system allows EVERYONE to be involved.

Emily from First Day Homecare

More of a Partner than a Vendor

Our experience with AlayaCare has been great. We have no intentions of switching to another provider. The AlayaCare team is committed to making the platform work, and work well, for their customers. If there's been something that we've needed, they've ever helped us to get it, or given us clear timeframes on when those items are road-mapped to be developed into the system.

Pros

I absolutely love the customizable form builder and the workflows that can be adjusted related to those forms. It has allowed our business to create our own solutions to situations that are specific to our us. The drag-and-drop scheduling is great as well. Our new scheduler picked up on the system after 30 minutes of training on his very first day, and was able to start helping out our team right away. I also love the shift offers that can be sent out directly from AlayaCare. We send texts directly to multiple staff members for open shifts, and it is a huge time saver for us. The Waystar integration has been a blessing to us as well for sending our electronic claims to Medicaid. We can click a button in AlayaCare and our claims are received by Waystar instantly.

Cons

The medications module. I cringe when I get a new or changed medication. It is time consuming (many fields are marked as required), and in current state, we are not able to make simple changes to meds such as changing the administration times of a medication without first discontinuing the med altogether and then re-entering the whole thing. The meds module also seems to load much more slowly than other modules in AlayaCare, so I often am sort of waiting for the page to load with my most recent changes.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Primarily the forms builder was what did Savii in for me. They do not have a customizable forms builder, so we would have been stuck with using all of their current forms, and stuck waiting on them every time we need small tweaks to our forms. As soon as I found this out, I was still in implementation with Savii, I called AlayaCare and made the switch.

Anthony from Lifeline Homecare

Too top-heavy

Frustrating. I see the potential but the execution right now is not good overall. The Data Exploration module for large periods of time has been unusable, and our company lives and dies on reports to our funders. Whenever I complain about the data exploration problems, they offer solutions for a very hefty fee. This should be something they're fixing, not us.

Pros

Employee tracking can be incredible. However, in areas with limited internet access, the off-line mode can be extremely unreliable. Data Exploration is intuitive and easy to use. Integration with other services can be a godsend.

Cons

The one-day delay between data input and access to data exploration is a killer and inhibits all aspects of daily business, sometimes adding a week to an otherwise 30 minute process. The off-line mode for caregivers is unreliable and clumsy to use. Technical support is too bureaucratic, requiring multiple zoom meetings when a simple email exchange should suffice. I always have to repeat the problem multiple times, as often as ten, before getting an answer. More often than not, the answer is not a solution, but a promise to address it. Zendesk does not seem to be coordinated with the internal workings of Alayacare. To date I have not gotten an actual solution to a problem from Zendesk. Note tho, I am an advanced user and my problems are usually systemic. The last "solution" I got from Zendesk was not to use math in reports. Needless to say, all users need math. Data Exploration to a large degree does not work. It has been better of late, but for several months it crashed every morning with Alayacare witnessing it and having no real solution other than to use less math.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Most of the other companies seemed to have a philosophy of in-home nursing, which we are not. This created gaps in our ability to bill existing state-funded programs that they could not resolve. The Data Exploration aspect of Alayacare, as sold, stood out.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

To more accurately track staff in the field and streamline billing and collection with new providers.

Bobbi from Community Advantage Rehabilitation

AlayaCare software review

Pros

The mobile software that be used on a smartphone is great. Love that it links to clients address and phone number. Clocking in and out feature is great.

Cons

Would be more helpful if different client statuses could be colour coded. i.e. discharged clients in red etc. On the desktop mode it requires many clicks to get where you need to get to.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Did not have the support we needed to continue to expand to APO and APR features.

Mark from Jewish Family and Children's Services

Upgrading our software experience

The largest business problem we were solving was selecting a solution that would allow ease of use for our field staff, including having all necessary forms online as well as allowing our hourly staff to use a mobile app to communicate with the home office.

Pros

I like that this software is web-based and can be accessed easily if you have the link and proper credentials.

Cons

Migrating data from our old system did not happen as expected. We assumed we could move our entire historical database over to ensure whenever we needed old information we had easy access to it. When it was time to do the data migration, we were advised that we had to truncate the history to a little more than 1 year.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Was not involved in the decision-making process.

Louise from HCR Home Care

HCR Home Care

While it has helped us with scheduling, the implementation has been more difficult than expected. We are looking forward to more changes/improvements in the near future.

Pros

We appreciate the flexibility we have within the system.

Cons

It has been a challenge to develop process work arounds to meet our needs. Custom report tool frequently doesn't provide access to what we need. Frequently experience sluggishness and time out errors.

Best scheduling features.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

We wanted something that was better suited to licensed services.

Irena from Jewish Family service

Alaya care usage review

Very hard in the beginning, Multiple bugs and the support was not great ( only on-line). After in face meeting most of the problems were resolved.

Pros

I like the fact that my workers can access the information about the clients, can leave feedback regarding the service.

Cons

Setting up service with different bill codes is clumsy and require multiple steps.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

The marketing was good + the price point

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

We needed the staff be able to clock in/out to the service

Rachel from Lutra Home Care

Development Leaves Much to be Desired

I would not use this product again. The concept is good and detail is good, but this went beyond what would be considered necessary.

Pros

I liked the IDEA of the software. However, there seems to have been no input from professionals in the field or back office administrators that would actually be using the product.

Cons

This software was TOO DETAILED. It was not user friendly and the amount of clicks it takes to simply schedule a visit or assign a task is significant.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Corporate did not disclose the reasoning behind this decision.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Our franchise made it a company wide mandate.

A good solution for most customers

Overall it's been pretty positive, albeit with some caveats. Technical frustrations have been noticeable but the excellent support people have made up for this to an extent--they even flew someone out to help us with onboarding.

Pros

Form and report builder are easy-to-use for the most part, and are improving albeit rather slowly through updates. AlayaCare is an all-in-one tool for many healthcare providers, although has some issues for those who require more (see cons section). Data collection is very good and allows for identifying underperformance and bottlenecks within the company. Tech support is very courteous, friendly, and takes requests seriously.

Cons

Some functions seem to be more complex to use than they need to be, for this reason I wouldn't call it intuitive for the most part--non-technical employees will almost definitely need training. Also, even though support is very friendly, it seems it often takes a long time for even the most simple of bugs get fixed.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

In-house solution was a legacy system that was becoming inefficient to maintain and upgrade.

The right approach to home care software

Pros

As a software integrator and developer, we loved that Alayacare (compared to other home care softwares) had a rich and maturing API. This opens up the world of possibilities and integration touch points and allows the software vendor (Alayacare) to do what it does best and their clients (users) to focus on what they do best and use tools that work best for them. Other home care software that we have worked with tries to do everything in a vacuum. This is great for smaller organizations but will not cut it for evolving business models that require scale.

Cons

Some parts of the software are more developed than others. Some features are very deep and comprehensive while others seems to have been deployed to fill various voids and requests from the user community. Over time the depth of all features is addressed and this is to be expected with a rapidly growing software.

Maryanne from Colbrow Homecare

Colbrow feedback

I think the software is ok but I think it has a long way to go to improve for ease of use. Scheduling visits can be very slow and clunky to use. It's not 'smart' by way of matching employee skill, availability to that of the visit request to identify who is a match/available. That is what is needed. I would like someone (like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) who knows our business and how we operate to help us utilise the system properly.

Pros

Reporting functionality - when it works. DE is great but I find I have a lot of issues with it being unable to crunch the data I need, it freezes all the time. I need to run lots of reports and then do VLOOKUPs to get what I need in 1 report. Time consuming! It takes a long time to get system improvements rolled out, without bugs! There are good features in the system but the short comings over shadow the good.

Cons

I do not like the way you have to manually create service codes, bill codes then link them to the service codes. The bill codes are not in alphabetical order in the list (but rather in order of creation which is not user friendly - especially when you have a large number of bill codes). Nor do I like that I have to update bill codes individually instead of being able to tick/select what I want to update with 'x' fee. It takes a long time. I don't like that it's not a complete package. Payroll - I'd like to see if there is any easier/better way for us to approve our visits for payroll process.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

We thought we were making the right choice with AlayaCare and what the team was putting behind it to be a market leading solution. We were one of the first companies in Australia to sign up with AlayaCare (and tested a lot of the system) and to be honest, I think we've been forgotten in the buzz of your expansion, client services and support. I hope the system features improve so that our organisation, and others, can utilise the system to it's fullest and improve our workflow and generate efficiencies. We have been chugging along but I want to see greater support from AlayaCare to help us to help our staff and our clients.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Our system needed to be updated to focus on in-home care rather than a focus on hospital (agency) work which our organisation moved away from. Colbrow Connect has a lot of great features which I wish were incorporated into AlayaCare. Just the fact that you can't SMS direct from AlayaCare is a feature flaw. It would be great if AlayaCare was a complete end-to-end system (incorporating recruitment and payroll) so we didn't have to had additional programs to complete the process.

Ariel from CBI Home Health

Still Learning

At this point we've only been using it for a few weeks so I need to give the software the benefit of the doubt and know that as a team we're doing our best to work through these issues as a company. I know the manager and others within the company are working on making zones and groups that will help us to schedule a bit easier. I will keep an open mind and continue to learn how best to use the system.

Pros

I like the look of it, it's very appealing (which may sound silly but I think it's important). I also like the way updates go in automatically when processed and the way I can move my schedule around and actually create a schedule as well as from a coordinator stand point to be able to see where the nurses are out in the field is very helpful as they clock in and out of visits. Putting schedules in isn't too bad, it's pretty easy and I have no complaints about that. Also cancelling visits and putting clients on hold is easy to use and taking them off hold is easy to use. Discharging is also very straight forward. Using it out in the field is pretty simple, being able to put a note in, chart a wound care or vital signs are all very easy and straight forward. As well as most of the forms I've used so far.

Cons

I'm finding it is not easy to use from a on call coordinator stand point, having to open multiple screens while dealing with other responsibilities in my position. Also being unable to keep filters the same on screens so I don't have to re-enter filters all the time if I have to reopen the screen. I end up opening a lot of screens to find information I need while not losing what I am working on currently and it's a lot of opening and closing screens and I get lost with all the screens. Also I'd like to be able to open up the clients file by clicking on their name in a nurses list but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. If there is a way. I also find some pages take a long time to load which could just be my internet and not the program as I do live rural with not the greatest internet, but that's pretty frustrating. It would also be handy to be able to e-mail out to people from the program as the previous software we used could do this and it makes a little less work than having to put a note in, email it to whoever through outlook, then put it in my report. I've also come across a few issues with supply ordering but am not sure what that was about as I believe supervisors are following up on these issues to ensure they are resolved. So I am unsure if this is an issue with the software or something else.

Karen from Bellwoods Centres for Community Living Inc

Alayacare Software Review

Alayacare is a good tool to use....but given that it is a fairly new product, you would expect some things to be better. The software seems to be in its "infancy". Basic things that you find in financial software such as a configuration workbook, change logs, etc are not in Alayacare. It means that making changes are more difficult. Everything that is in UAT and tested, needs to be re-entered into production. This is another opportunity for errors to sneak in. Alayacare is not designed to make upgrades while it is in production.

Pros

I was not working with the software when it was implemented. Unfortunately it turned out the implementation of the software was not optimal. As a result we are having to go back and fix a lot of things that are not working. There are aspects of the software that work well, and other pieces that are awkward or not thought out well.

Cons

Parts of the software that do not work well: - Facility staff planning...seems like a work around to have to have 2 service codes for staff. One to record their shift, then another to record their client time. - Facility Scheduling - having to use "Lines". It is difficult to view the overall staffing - Rolling data up into sub-programs and programs. The service codes seem to be a limiting factor. There is no where to have an "org" structure to roll up the data. - Data Exploration is weak. The data warehouse does not seem to be designed well to run reports. It times out, I can only run data for 1 month at a time, not for a quarter or year. It is taking at least 60-90 seconds to save reports. Not all the fields can be reported on in DE. You cannot use 2 cubes in a report. You need to pull the data into Excel to be able to get any useful information. - DE only updates once per day. This actually leads to delays in running our payroll. We need to add and change data on Monday, then have to wait until DE is run to continue the payroll run on Tuesday. - Does not have a method of calculating and paying travel based on a lump sum per event, not on a per km basis. We have to have a custom report for this, that no one at Alayacare seems to be able to support. - Scheduling - cannot get "live" data. If scheduling is working to fill vacant visits, or other issues, they cannot run reports during the day to see what is fixed or what is remaining. ...they have to track m

gillian from Jewish Family Services

Feedback for ALaya

Pros

The graphics are better than old program. The addition of app for HSW's to use is good progress for us - allows HSW's to see info about clients in the field and clock in and out of service. Also it is easy to learn/use for HSW's and does not take much data - critical issue. I like that I can work remotely from home using the browser based program.

Cons

Unable to generate hard copy report of client file. During scheduling, the time involved in loading pages was originally hard to bear. The help (?) option has never provided me with information I am looking for - typically basic questions about where to find information or deal with status changes or the like. Using ON HOLD feature is cumbersome as you can only schedule one service at a time over an ON HOLD recurrence - it's nice that it keeps spot but adds weekly challenges to scheduling. During COVID our scheduling has been changing so much and we have been forced to change schedules every week. Due to challenge of scheduling over ON HOLD we have decided to simply delete all services for clients that are not currently getting services. When you take client off the Hold feature at end of month all previous cancelled services during that month are uncancelled - likely something to do with services being billed to clients at end of month? Other issues, I cannot easily copy all the notes for example in Care Provider Notes - or generate a report in order to provide to HSW who can't access application. No report to generate for client notes or care provider notes. In general - there is no way of learning how to use program properly in easy way (of course there is little time too)

Response from AlayaCare

Replied September 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Gillian. We're sorry to hear about some of the concerns you're having. To help make things easier for you next time, instead of going through The Help (?) button, you can check the Zendesk Guide to find the information you're looking for: https://alayacare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. You can also use AlayaCareU on any non-production environment for a walk-through on the specific workflow you have questions about. Our team would be more than happy to help assist you with specific concerns, feel free to contact us at support@alayacare.com.

Shena from Alliance Homecare

Alayacare More Cons than Pros

Pros

It is a user friendly platform both on web browser and app. Employees are able to clock in/out. Our percentage of successful clock in/out is higher than our old provider. Automatically calculates payable overtime.

Cons

Visit verification - being able to use the filter and mass approve. Right now we can only mass reject visits when we have a specific code we are rejecting OR cancelled visits. We are not able to filter by clock in/out percentage to mass approve visits. This will help visit verification happening in real life/timely matter. Payroll - we are unable to set up pay rates for specific clients. Unfortunately the current pay rate features and functionality do not work for our company. It requires alot of manual work and a cheat sheet during payroll. In addition, holiday hours are calculated in with the overtime hours which should not be the case in our region. Bill - have to use another software to bill for overtime. The system should have a feature to bill overtime. Holidays, the system doesn't understand a holiday is from midnight to midnight and we are force to split any overtime visits going into and out of the holiday to properly bill and pay. There is only 1 type of holiday multiplier available when we have holidays that are paid at 2x. This requires us to change the functionality of the multiplier every time there is a change in the holiday bill pay. Because our billing and payroll requires a lot of manual calculation, this affects our reporting.

Response from AlayaCare

Replied July 2020

Hi Shena, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really value your feedback and will pass along your challenges to the team for further review. We would also encourage you to submit your feedback and insights to our Ideas Forum: https://www.alayacare.com/ideas. These items will go directly to our product team for consideration in future releases."

Keerthana from Better Living

Industry: Public Safety

Alaycare needs improvement

there are pons and cons 50/50 they have to implement some functionalities from CIMS which was useful in my department. it is user friendly than CIMS. but some functionalities like I mentioned in the con section. if they fix it , it would be a great soft ware

Pros

searching for clients. Tasks Data exploration

Cons

scheduling loads all the time and it is a waste of time. Can not see the past history of schedule in one page in a list, filtered by department. we have to keep clicking the month button to see how frequent the client received the service. I do not like the new Form, it takes time to build it. my workers in the community always complained that their app does not load , could not clock out. No functionality to locate the client visits based on where they are located so that it is easy to schedule them in order. when scheduling it would be nice if there is an option to choose 15min, 30 min, 1hr, 2 hr ... and so on visits when editing the time in a schedule, we are not able to type the numbers . we can only click the up and down arrow key to change the time, which is a time waste.

Mary Ann from Kawartha Therapy Services, Inc.

AlayaCare

My overall experience with AlayaCare has been positive. We have found that the company has gone through a large amount of change and growth. There are times that I feel like our requests or issues have been dealt with very quickly, and other times where the issue can linger for quite a while. It can take quite a while at times for information to be available in DE and then we are required to figure out our own workarounds.

Pros

Ability to use App, ongoing improvements to user experience, intuitive, ease of navigation, end to end solution for charting, employee management, billing, scheduling, reporting and equipment orders. Modern look, ability to progress our company smoothly from paper-based to electronic. Customizable forms are amazing.

Cons

Big learning curve for pulling applicable reports in Data Exploration without a lot of guidance. Slow processing speed as additional modules/versions have been added or upgraded. Used to be very fast and responsive and still is for some sections of the production environment.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Pricing, visuals, ability to use app, modern, growing company with a great group of people and management who were excited about providing their product.

Carey from Trusted Choice Homecare

AlayaCare Review

I do feel that long-term this system will streamline our process if the adjustments we request are taken care of. However, it seems that a lot of tickets that we submit to Zendesk are met with a lot of pushback and insistence that these are not issues. It takes a very long time to get a result and sometimes we just get a "well that's how it is" answer which defeats the point of having a feedback option.

Pros

Seeing a full schedule for employees/clients has been so helpful! We can see exact days they were paid for and when they did/didn't work immediately instead of going on a goose chase for a timesheet!

Cons

The telephony option is honestly impractical. We can not view the shift until it is complete and it would be helpful if it was put on the schedule instead of being listed in Unapproved visits. We also have no use for the Service Duration. It creates a problem when transferring shifts from Unapproved visits to the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

I was not personally involved in making that decision.

Trish from Partners In Community Nursing

PICN alayacare review

Overall, I like working within Alayacare - we have used it to ease scheduling the nurses (creating multiple facilities); allows a quick overall look at the day. Processing of new referrals from the LHIN is made easy with the auto-populate feature of Alayacare.

Pros

The product was easy to learn - having the staging environment to allow staff to trial things without it affecting the live environment helps. As a trainer for my department, it is easy to teach.

Cons

Scheduling is not always the easiest - would be better if we were able to move multiple visits at once (in the employee daily schedule view). When creating recurrences, sometimes need multiple recurrences to schedule the client visits appropriately (3-4 recurrences).

Management decision

Response from AlayaCare

Replied September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Trish. We're thrilled to hear our product has made things easy for you. To help with your scheduling recurrences concern, you can split recurrences for more convenient editing: https://alayacare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039173072-How-do-I-split-multi-day-Recurrences-for-Clients If you experience further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team: support@alayacare.com.

Diane from Compassion HomeCare

Why AlayaCare is the only alternative for our company!

Our after hours on call system, is functioning so much better. Coordination of the client with the caregivers is seamless. Staff are wonderful to have on our side ... very responsive!

Pros

Ease of use .... so user friendly. Walk Me is awesome feature. All features needed for home care agencies as we move into the future.

Cons

Some issues with Skills and Qualification that were unable to resolve.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Had everything and the team won us over!

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Need a system that had it all and the ability to check in and out and monitor this.

Kelley from ExcellCare Inc.

AlayaCare Review

We have had great support from our AlayaCare support team. they have answered all of our questions and provided us guidance when needed to ensure we were comfortable using the product.

Pros

Easy to use scheduling for billing and payroll. Easy to use queries and the AlayaCare University has a great depth of knowledge for beginner users. The customizable dashboard is great for monitoring daily vital business stats.

Cons

There are several manual functions that should have been built in at the ground level. For example stat holiday shifts need to be split if the shift goes over night; the system does not recognize even though we added the stat holiday schedule at the beginning. Shift reminders are "on the list" but not yet an active function with caregivers in the field with clients the reminder is a great way to ensure shifts are actively monitored. Mobile app usage can be a challenge for the field staff at times. The system seems to have had alot of production downtime as of late.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

The sales rep was great at reviewing the software and discussing benefits. The onboard team was fantastic and very supportive. They were able to move us over at a very rapid pace which is what we needed at the time of acquisition.

Changeover in ownership.

Tianah from Canadian Shield Health Care Services Inc.

Easy to use sysem that has improved our Company's work flow

Overall experience has been fantastic. The set-up process was seamless. Our Staff Members were pleased with the ease of transfering systems.

Pros

- Software has many features: Scheduling, Charting, Payroll, Human Resources / Document Control, kilometer tracking, etc. integrated into one. - Ongoing schedules can set up with primary and secondary staff members. - Data pulling / reporting. - Level of technical support whenever we have issues or questions.

Cons

- Message communication with staff members. At the moment, we are having to use multiple platforms to fill this need.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Unfortuntely I do not recall the other products that were being considered, but no other software / product had: Scheduling, Charting, Payroll, Human Resources / Document Control, kilometer tracking, etc. integrated into one.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Company Growth - old system being used could not support the Company's Scheduling needs. At the time, we were starting a new contract with the NELHIN. Ease of use: Referrals and Offers can be accepted or refused from AlayaCare.

Christine from KPP

AlayaCare - up with the times

So Far it has been great, help is right there when needed. Still learning the ins and outs. But the organization is getting there.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to navigate around. The AlayaCare team is easy to work with and always able to help right away. I like how staff can see schedules and able to send reports directly to administrative staff. Easy to learn and easy to use. Still learning the system and what it is capable of.

Cons

I do not like that i cannot enter an employee for multiple shifts. (just fill ins) Takes a lot of time to put them in the system one by one. I know the AlayaCare team is working on this. Also the organization is struggling with some confidentiality issues. Employees are able to review previous reports other employees submit.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

AlayaCare looked easy to navigate and looked clean and simple for all users. Having a system that can do everything and not look super overwhelming is a huge key for a lot of people.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Q care was out of date, not able to do things we wanted it to do.

Loads of Potential

Great people to work with. Overall good product. Looking forward to announced imporvements

Pros

The software is constantly improving and has many features that can help ease reporting, administration, and scheduling. Great date exploration tool to be able to build custom reports. Alayacare reps actively check in with clients to look for ways to improve and to maintain the relationship.

Cons

Some great features announced in production, but implementation can sometimes take longer than expected. Depending on the industry, certain workarounds are needed. The accounting side of this software is ok, but leave room for improvement.

Sadie from Access Healthcare Services Inc

Concerns

Not a bad system, there is great potential if they would ask staff that uses them. I think one day it would be nice if family members could access schedule system only to get a copy for themselves.

Pros

That all care and documents can be updated in the file. The access all staff has to use it. The easy tabs at the top.

Cons

How glitchy it is. all the updates make other things harder to use or are not needed. When updates happen or it goes down on working hours. To schedule updates in the middle of the night or after 8 pm would be great.

Response from AlayaCare

Replied November 2018

Hi Sadie, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really value your feedback and will pass along your concerns to the team. We would also encourage you to submit your feedback and insights to our Ideas Forum: https://www.alayacare.com/ideas. These items will go directly to our product team. Thank you for your continued partnership and support.

John from Lifeline HomeCare, Inc.

Worth the Cost

We have historically been concerned about accuracy of CareGiver provided time and travel information. As we adopted AlayaCare office by office, we experienced immediate decreases in hours paid as well as reimbursable travel.

Pros

In the short time since deployment of AlayCare, features that have ben most impactful to us have been accurate capture of CareGiver compensation data (hours worked, and reimbursable travel time and related mileage). Our costs in these areas have significantly decreased.

Cons

We are working with support to develop live reporting that is available without waiting overnight. It's frustrating to NOT be able to instantly review and evaluate report data, or the effect of changes in report filters.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

The driving factor in our selection of AlayaCare was the ability to capture visit data in rural areas where cell or Wi-fi access is unreliable or unavailable.

Nancy from Right at Home Canada, Georgian Triangle

Reports are way to complicated

Pretty good, the training is non existent and terrible, we should have had dedicated hands on training, we only know what we know and we do not know what we don't know.

Pros

Over all the platform is intuitive and quite easy to navigate, with the exception of data exploration

Cons

The report/data exploration section is too hard to manipulate and some of the built in agency reports are inconsistent so getting useful data is not easy. There are places where you need to do excessive number of clicks to get things done,, especially on the scheduling area.

no support for Canadian offices

Rebecca from Lambton Elderly Outreach

AlayaCare

Before our customer experience manager left, we had a much better time with the software. Once she and her associate were removed from our team, no one was appointed to assist us. As such, we have solely been relying on support tickets. There are aspects left incomplete that we need to be able to function properly. Aspects that AlayaCare had promised would be implemented before we went Live. It's been 8 months of being Live and those aspects are still incomplete.

Pros

The tablet design for the PSWs/field staff is relatively easy and self-explanatory to utilize.

Cons

It isn't well supportive of the CSS/transportation module, which is a large part of our organization. It has a lot of parts to it where it seems like there are unnecessary steps that could be reduced, as in our previous data software, CIMS.

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

CIMS was bought out by AlayaCare and our previous technical support person, Doug, was working with AlayaCare to make the transition smoother.

Lisa from Lake Ridge Community Support Services

Alayacare in the Not for Profit World

Working with Alayacare has been great, the team always is willing and open to make adjustments and it provides a safe, confidential space to hold all client personal health information and also the personal health information for our staff. It is user friendly.

Pros

The thing I love about Alayacare is the Data exploration options. It gives you any type of information you may need to help determine service capacity

Cons

Sometimes the website can be slow, and the capability to alter it to fit our needs has been somewhat challenging, but we always find a work around

Jennifer from MSC

Responsive and Rapidly Improving

There are great opportunities to streamline and maximize efficiencies in our workflow; I'm seeing a bright future with developing opportunities to support quality, human resources and risk management through the AlayaCare platform.

Pros

We onboarded in a hurry, without dedicated staff while AlayaCare team was in an earlier growth phase. What I like now-today, is that many of the gaps have been identified and are being filled; It's becoming more user friendly for organizations without in-house tech/data support staff; Team is passionate about what they do, and there are specialists to address gaps and provide development on the fly, so to speak.

Cons

Because we onboarded fast, when AlayaCare Team was considerably smaller and newer than it is now, it was not easy to connect with the people who could specifically address our challenges; We've had particular difficulty with the accounting function; Generally, because data can be filtered and sorted so specifically, it's hard to know what's missing or wrong, and it can take some time to recognize and then track down discrepancies.

craig from Lifematters

AlayaCare looks nice, features not as robust as we thought

Pros

I like how AlayaCare looks. It is not intimidating to users. The App is very nice on mobile

Cons

Running reports is not as easy as we hoped

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Mobile app was better on AlayaCare

Sandra from Better Living Health and Community Services

AlayaCare for Exercise and Falls

I like that I'm able to keep track of reports and clients - however, I do wish there was more of a bulk option to edit or complete certain tasks. But other than that, I also like the look of it. It's more up to date and doesn't look like a screen from the 90s that about to malfunction or look like it takes an hour to download.

Pros

Each department is able to use the software differently to suit the needs of their services

Cons

Since each department uses the software differently, it isn't always accurate or user friendly when it comes to efficiency for some tasks

Mona from 1to1 Rehab

Improve Existing Features

Pros

The mobile app has been extremely helpful for our therapists.

Cons

There are numerous features that need to be fixed. For example, discharge reasons cannot be alphabetized. The services list will auto-show 25 services per page instead of 100 services per page. Some of the KPI boxes do not work. The employee finder takes a long time to load. You cannot have certain symbols such as an apostrophe in the document name when uploading into attachments. It is extremely frustrating.

Pratik from Lifematters

Great tool for Care Management

Pros

Software is well versed with its accounting and scheduling features

Cons

Limitation with API integration and automatic data updates

Wendy from Homecare Solutions

Improving our way of working

Great, all staff is productive and have patience to teach the individual or group

Pros

Easy to use it is very user friendly our coordinators learned scheduling system quick!

Cons

Not live totals in report . . .takes 24hrs - but Alaya is working on this

referral source

Company decision

Rob from Home Instead

Industry: Defense & Space

Ac Review

Can get a lot of knowledge outside of the schedulers head into the system

Pros

The ability to match clients and caregivers, the regular updates and agile changes by the product team.

Cons

Can be a lot of clicks and loss if Efficiency in the system

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

More functionality, lack of support

Angela from Acclaim Health

Amazing software!

AlayaCare helped us streamline our scheduling, introduce time and attendance, access medical records in real time and saved us money in both peoplepower and paper costs.

Pros

AlayaCare is miles ahead of its competition with user-friendly software that includes learn-as-you-go tutorials. Access to schedules and medical records in real time is a game-changer for home care.

Cons

Nothing... this software is by far the best on the market for home care.

Angila from Lakeshore Home Health Care

Easy to navigate

Customer service is quick to respond and acknowledge the problem. There are days we like it better than other others. We find it fairly easy to use overall but it is not with out its glitches and problems, especially since its most recent updates.

Pros

It is easy to navigate, the colors work well. Many options for reports. The ability to attach documents to the chart.

Cons

It is slow, forms do not open easily. The medication profile is not user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

We liked the overall design and ease of navigating the system.

bad customer service

Sierra from Assurance Home Care

Power User

I was already relieved when I knew this agency was not using Procura, once I got to use AlayaCare my relief evolved into elation. As a bit of a tech nerd, it's a fun to use software, the customization is second to none and we have highly valued the support we've received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team.

Pros

Coming from Procura, AC is the polar opposite for functionality. I like that I can develop my own reports, the dashboard KPIs, build forms etc. There is a high degree of customization which I've not observed in other EMR systems.

Cons

It's not clear how data sets interface - for example, differences between departments, groups and tags. Best practices are not intuitive and assistance in setting these up come with costly service charges. Auditing for data quality and integrity is cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

I was not involved with the company at the time that AlayaCare was purchased so I can't speak to this. My previous agency had been using Procura for about 2years however and it was never enjoyable for all involved.

Valerie from Lake Ridge Community Support Services

AlayaCare Review

Pros

Find it very user friendly, has a lot of useful categories and tabs that we can usually find a great option to utilize. There's been great updates and releases and some helpful webinars.

Cons

Would love to see a "duplicate product" feature on the Services tab as we often create very similar services and this would save filling out the entire form each time. SMS message reminders for virtual visits would be a great option as well.

Danka from Storefront Humber Inc.

Nothing is perfect

Pros

cloud based/accessible from any computer

Cons

It is slow.it is not clear where to find the right data in data exploration

Wanda Lee from Compassion Home Care Inc.

I am a user of Alayacare

I have been having a great experience with Alayacare. I love it.

Pros

I love how it is so accessible as long as I have an internet connection ,it makes my work so much easier especially when I need to work from home.

Cons

Cannot edit some information once it has been entered.

Tracy from Access Healthcare

Alayacare

When problems arise the IT department are very quick at responding and fixing the issue

Pros

It is easy to use and IT department is always quick to help

Cons

When printing a document I have to ask to print 2 or 3 different times, It would be nice if it did it the first time requested

Stacy from Alliance Homecare

Alayacare Review

Pros

We were using four separate systems and Alayacare allowed us to consolidate our needs into one. We now have one place for caregiver management, client management, , compliance, scheduling, matchmaking for scheduling, payroll, billing. The reporting functionality is lightyears ahead of what we had before and offers comprehensive reporting quickly.

Cons

Overtime calculations aren't automatic, compliance isn't a separate section and is built into the skills and qualifications section for employees, no push notifications for shift offerings.

Jeff from Good2Go Oregon West

Good-2-Go West Review

Excellent customer support during start up.

Pros

Scheduling, billing uploads, functionality, single source for managing our business

Cons

Not as intuitive as other software, most reports are not customizable and won't allow us to indentify our business

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

We're a non medical community supports program Most other sites were completely designed for Group Homes or in home nursing. We felt it best fit our business model .

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Needed intergraded scheduling and single source for running our business also HIPPA compliance

Debbie from LIFELINE HOMECARE

REVIEW

I have worked in all areas --As I am at the Corp level I process and work closely with the billing and we need good reports--to handle our monthly sales and deposits as well as billing to some funders

Pros

Scheduling is great--Good system for Caregivers Dashboard good

Cons

Reports are not good Day delay not good Posting payments and contra---not good -very time consuming Reports make it hard to balance monthly sales and posting

Reasons for Choosing AlayaCare

Combination of things and because of meeting people at a conference--

Reasons for Switching to AlayaCare

Wanted EVV system and have everything together and more automatic

Michelle from Community Advantage Rehab

Thank you AlayaCare!

Pros

It's web based, can be used anywhere! The info is all provided on one page for easy viewing!

Cons

The downside to this software being web based, if there's an issue with the web, there can be a lag, but this is very rare!

Hannah from GEM Health Care Services

Pros

Input of Shifts and timing I do not have anything else to say

Cons

Keeping track of important dates or need for reminders of those dates E.g: a Birthday or Awards or absences Specifics - like access to car or Qualifications

Tsering from Better Living Health & Community Services

User Review

Good, would recommend it

Pros

User-Friendly. Ease of Access and availability of various options.

Cons

Some features are hard to follow or easily found. Would love if you had YouTube training videos online

Sherisse from Links2Care

Alayacare Review

Overall a good experience.

Pros

Ability to manipulate the software to suit the needs of the program.

Cons

Creating Reports is a little tricky but with more training I'm sure it will get easier.