• Pros

• "The functionality is great as is the ease of use. It is a much better product than we were using before."

• "Easy to transition from screen to screen and easy to find what you are looking for. Love that it alerts you to overtime at the time of scheduling."

• "I like the fact that it is geared towards our industry. I also love the fact that it is so easy to use."

• Cons

• "Setting up online applications were a little tricky if your not computer savvy but customer service is is super helpful"

• "How there are some glitches in certain screens. Home screen shows some visits unassigned but they are assigned. "

• "The system changes dates and times without us doing so and we have not been able to resolve this issue as of it."

Browse AxisCare Reviews

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

AxisCare makes home care business a breeze. From scheduling to plan of care updates to billing everything is seamless.

Pros

AxisCare is wonderful all around, but what I like most about it is the ease of scheduling clients. I am able to schedule sessions, change/cancel sessions, add in notes for those scheduled visits and so forth. AxisCare also allows users to easily set up and alter clients plans of care, alerts on birthdays, shows gaps in scheduling for clients and so forth. I have used many different types of software designed for home care agencies and AxisCare is one of the easiest ones to learn in my opinion. The customer service is also phenomenal.

Cons

AxisCare occasionally runs slowly, but those days are few and far in between. Other than that there are no cons for me.

Matthew from Visiting Angels

Fantastic Home Care Software! Scheduling Genius!!!

AxisCare was easy for our agency to get started with and has been the best, safe, secure, and customizable solution we have seen. It has allowed our management, caregivers and our client families to all stay on the same page. AxisCare software helps add a modern professional edge to our Home Care agency.

Pros

The scheduling features and functions are outstanding. For such an incredibly powerful software soulution, AxisCare is extremely intuitive and user friendly. We can have new scheduling managers up to speed in a short amount of time. The dashboard overviews allows management to track just about every detail you could possibly imagine or want. The app, which is both Apple & Android compatible, is wonderful. It allows caregivers to clock in and out using a single tap. As an agency we can be confident that our caregivers are on site and ready to perform their duties (clients homes are geofenced, so they can only clock in at the house). The app works on both new and really old phones - a huge plus! The app also shows all the ADLs which are tapped to indicate completion and the caregivers add their care notes directly into the app, which can then be verified online. We have so many caregivers comment how easy this system is compared to other agencies they have worked with.

Cons

Since we have been using AxisCare, there are continued improvements that have been added. Most I wouldnt have thought of, but really appreciate them once they are released. By keeping on top of things and making upgrades, there are no cons we can report.

James from Visiting Angels Chattanooga

This IT Consultant Turned Home-care Provider Loves AxisCare

Pros

I like that AxisCare was built from the ground up to satisfy the needs of a Private Duty company. Instead of being something that tries to please all the people all the time, they have come up with a beyond robust platform that meets every need that I have in Home Care. From clients to caregivers, leads and referrals, messaging and telephony, it's all there and then some. The marketing portion of this program is the single most important factor in the growth of my business. AxisCare works seamlessly with Quickbooks Pro or Quickbooks Online Edition. I've used both and AxisCare saves me so much time. I am constantly finding new and innovative ways to use AxisCare and their support and development teams are the best. Problems are solved immediately and suggestions are implemented in the newest updates.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about AxisCare or the company. I just wish more people knew about them and what an amazingly useful program it is for the management of my home care business.

the cutomer support and billing is terrible

We feel for the price this could be a great product but the way the service is being handled has our company very concerned and we actually are looking for other products to replace this company.

Pros

The prodcut itself is not bad for the money but the service is terrible

Cons

The prodcut itself is not bad but they way the tickets are not handled, there is no trail t follow up. the forms dont work properly and they change our setting and funtions with out telling us causing issues for us and causing us to lose money. When we call and ask for a supervisor they will do everything to keep you from letting anyone know. I also have concerns about the billing and how its handled. They bill when they want to, no set dates and rep. is always off with sick kids and then has the nerve to put warnings that we have not paid and not take off after we pay and refuse to help our staff because we had a past balance and had payments scheduled and prmised to pay as soon as the benk allowed. Really concered about the direction that this company is going with the poor service and lack of polocies except making rules up as they go. Also the customer service reps are very rude and really dont want to hear what we say but just get us off the phone as soon as possible.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

The price, and maybe thats why the costomer service is so terrible.

Response from AxisCare Software

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're normally known in the industry for our exceptional customer service, and we regret that we have not met your expectations. We always endeavor to answer calls and emails as they come in, and if we miss a call during normal business hours due to a high volume of calls, we try to return any voicemails left as quickly as possible. Our Tech Help Desk personnel are trained to escalate any calls which request a supervisor to our Customer Support Director or escalate it further, as needed. If you have any issues with the tone of a call or email interaction you have had, please let us know immediately and we will be happy to look into it, address it, and resolve the issue thoroughly and quickly. We are sorry to hear you have had a difficult experience with our billing policies. If you'd like to discuss this further, please call 800-528-6201 and ask for me, Micah Key, Director of Client Experience.

Kimberly from Happy Hearts Home Care LLC

Best Scheduling Software Around

This is the best scheduling software around. The features are execellent and Customer Support is awesome. Whenever an issue may come up, we have contacted Customer support and they are immediately there to help. If support isn't sure how to handle the issue they will research it and get back with us. They have always gotten back to us in a timely manner and resolve the issue when they do. The software is easy to work with. Once we got used to using all the features we were able to set up schedules, assessments, plan of care, billing and payroll. It is an all in one software which is compatible with Quickbooks. The billing software is also compatible with third payer software once everything is set up.

Pros

Compatibility with other software programs we use. Ability to take a prospective client or employee and convert into a actual client/employee. Alerts for scheduling errors, unscheduled shifts, client/employee birthdays, alerts for employee's requirements (Valid DL, Auto Ins, First Aid, Professional License), and alerts when an employee doesn't clock in for a shift.

Cons

Learning to use the software in the beginning but with the assistance with Customer support we were able to become masters of it. Now when we have to call customer support it is usually because of an error we have made ourself, which they can fix that also on their end. Or just a call to tell them we miss talking with them :)

Betsy from Visiting Angels

I used to have complaints over Axiscare but it has been developing and becoming more user friendly.

I do wish that we could have some kind of way to maybe press and hold shift or control then individually click each visit (or press and hold the left mouse button and then drag over visits) to adjust those times... kind of like in scheduling but you're doing it on the calendar itself. This would be really helpful for when you get an increase in hours for one month, it's that easy. Also since hours vary, maybe there is a drop down menu that says "add one hour before, add one hour after, add 30 min before, add 30 min after" and while everything is highlighted, you just push that button and it will adjust all highlighted visits. Also maybe underneath the caregiver and client calendar, a spot where we can write call logs... we just highlight whatever visit we are referring to and it will automatically populate the caregiver and client's name in the log. Also in call logs, it would be awesome if we could save a document in there such as an important recorded phone call so we can refer to that more easily.

Pros

I really like how you can copy and paste visits where you used to have to make them individually. Yalls improvements have been great.

Cons

Axiscare has been running slow a lot lately. I know that that is sometimes out of any one person's control. I don't really have any cons.

Chris from Freedom Home Care, LLC

AxisCare Provides a Competitive Advantage

Pros

After using a competitor's software for our first year in business, I was looking for a better solution to handle the complex scheduling issues we face on a daily basis. AxisCare was up to the task. Not only did we find a better solution for handling the scheduling, but the consistent enhancements to the overall software package displays the dedication this Company has towards staying ahead of the competition. The roll-out of the AxisCare Mobile App has been a huge win for our caregivers, which translates to a huge win in the office. There are less missed clock-ins and the completion of ADL's is much more consistent. The support staff is fantastic. We have experienced a very quick response time anytime there are questions or issues and the staff always treat you in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

An area that I wanted some more consistency and flexibility with is the customized forms section. When I brought that up to the support staff, they mentioned that the developers were already working on a complete overhaul of that area. One of the main developers actually reached out to me and spent a significant amount of time trying to understand our business and identifying what features would benefit us the most. I'm extremely confident that this roll-out will be as successful as the Mobile App was.

Monika from We Are Family Home Care

Great System!

I know the owner of We Are Family Home Care spent a lot of time researching programs for our company. He felt this would be the best and streamline everything and I have to agree. My caregivers also agree! Some work for several agencies and truly are thankful to eliminate paperwork and have the app or computer access instead.

Pros

Axiscare is very easy to use and to understand, even for those with limited computer skills. Your customer representatives are so kind and helpful and will talk through any problems I may be experiencing. Everything transfers over from lead, to client with ease. The app is outstanding for caregiver use and helps us make sure all notes and ADL's are in on time. The group messaging is unique and a definite perk. I also love the time stamp on everything, it really helps deter any fraudulent activity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the calendar was changed and I feel in some ways it is more difficult to maneuver. However, I do understand that since I use a laptop, this may be the reason.

Mark from Home Instead Senior Care

Industry: Public Safety

It's been pretty good. Better than other software programs but still room for improvement

Pros

Our customer rep., although she has other responsibilities, is very knowledgeable when we have an issue. Staff is usually very friendly. Software is fairly easy to use. The 3rd party billing has made billing the VA much easier and has sped up the payment time by the VA significantly. The integration with Applicant Stack makes putting in new employees a lot easier.

Cons

After customer rep. left, the technical support took a little bit of a hit. While they are friendly, most of the time they have to seek out other help to answer a question. Would be nice to have some better reporting. The one report we requested had done took quite a while to get done and was 75% of what we asked. While I can appreciate tech support calling back (typically the same day), most of our issues are real time issues and would be nice if we could get someone on the phone right then and there.

Rachel from Alleghany Highlands HomeCare

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Axiscare setting the standards in staffing software

Pros

I enjoy how versatile the software can be. Axiscare is always updating and adding features that every company can benefit from. It is easy to learn and use.

Cons

There is nothing that i would change about the software.

Teresa from Texas Home Care Partners of Houston

Axis has made scheduling a more efficient process, and saved time.

Overall, AXIS is a great scheduling system, that has DEFINITELY added ease and efficiency to the job of the scheduler. And I should know, since I am the scheduler!!!

Pros

The alerts that enable you to know when you have double booked a caregiver with more than one client. Also, the layout of the website gives the user easy access to client/caregiver schedules, profiles, and reports that aide in running a home health company.

Cons

There are days when the system does not work correctly or drags slowly. Also, there are a few glitches/kinks that need to be worked out. Examples include, but are not limited to, a caregiver who works with 2 clients clocks in for her morning shift at 8:30am, and the system clocks her in at 8:30am for her evening shift that starts at 4:30pm. Also, when verifying, once verified and a caregiver manually clocked out, caregiver can clock out later and the system recognizes the telephony change/stays verified-It should unverified automatically if this happens. This may cause discrepancies in payroll/invoicing, if not seen by office administration.

Jennifer from Visiting Angels

Improvement Needed

Pros

I like that it's web-based and relatively user friendly for basic functions. I like that you can manage most everything using just 1 system.

Cons

Many of the add on products do not integrate well. It is difficult to reach someone on the phone for customer service assistance. Follow Up is poor, most of the time even when submitting a ticket I have to chase down the person to follow up with reported issues. I currently have a ticket open from a week ago and still have not heard back from Axiscare. There are almost too many functions and ways to do things, I feel like I still need a lot of training to fully utilize the products features. The trainings (webinars) are on Central Time and very early in the morning for the Pacific Coast, it would be nice if there were later options for the West Coast that didn't require an 8am Webinar start time.

Scott from Visiting Angels, Irving, TX

Industry: Public Safety

I've used AxisCare for my agency for over 6 years, and hightly recommend it!

I recommend calling these guys and taking a demo. This is a seasoned, well designed system that does everything it claims.

Pros

AxisCare does everything I need it to do, and more. It has more features than I even use! The development team is constantly improving the product. The support is excellent and very quick to respond and resolve any issues, which frankly, are few and far between. AxisCare integrates with Quickbooks smoothly. I love how I can staff from my car on my mobile device as easily as I can from my desktop at the office. In my over six years of use, the system has only been down once, for an hour or two. That's it! The reliability of this product is outstanding.

Cons

No real cons. The only thing I'd say is, like any system, AxisCare has a learning curve. The support team does a fantastic job minimizing the time it takes by providing one-on-one training whenever we need it, as well as online tutorials. There are help icons all over the site to provide quick tips and insights on the various features and functions. The coolest thing to me is, years ago, I had suggested those help icons to the development team, and they implemented it! I love how they take user's ideas to keep making AxisCare better and better.

Sarah from Visiting Angels

Everything in ONE place!

I'm not sure if it is iPad specific, but I find that inputting notes (marketing plan...call log....) while in the field is so slow that I simply don't do it anymore. I still LOVE having access to all the information in the field and wouldn't do away with my iPad for that reason--because the size of the information is so much more readable in size and ability to "click" on what I need.

Pros

The title says it all...everything is in one place and you can easily see how everything relates. Clients to caregivers. Caregivers to schedules and availability. Marketing efforts to referrals and reciprocating referrals to community partners. Quality of leads...I'd have to write a whole journal to express how there really is a relative AXIS to everything in AxisCare!

Cons

Screen font is small, especially on mobile devices/tablets. There are things I hope get added/improved, like: Ability to add more than one referral source... Drop-down lists of a contacts' classifications in alpha order (not just the order that they were put into AxisCare)... Some more auto-population features... (I know, I really should send the ideas when they are fresh on my mind, because, for example, I can't think of the specific times/things I've wished there was some auto-population.)

Samantha from Expo Signature Home Care

This System Will Transform Your Business

Overall, AxisCare has been a major value add for our business. We used to maintain paper records, and AxisCare allowed us to replace most of that system. We had reviewed five different CRM options before we decided to go with AxisCare and we have no regrets.

Pros

AxisCare is easy to use, provides great organization and well worth the price. The solutions has a professional appearance, and the layout is very intuitive to navigate. The system combines all aspects of the healthcare business, from marketing and tracking leads to managing client and caregiver information. AxisCare consistently makes updates to the system, making it even better with each release.

Cons

No particular issues with the product. Customer Service is pretty good, however, I have experienced times when follow up could have been more timely.

Michael from Visiting Angels of Lynchburg

Axiscare is a solid scheduling software, but a bit one sided.

Pros

The ability for caregivers to request shifts. It lets me know who wants to work new shifts before I have to call anyone. The notifications for upcoming schedules is great, no excuse for a caregiver not to know their schedule. The customer support is amazing - Quick response to even the simplest problem. The badge printing they offered also was nice and made our badges look very professional

Cons

There is no two way communication through the software, we have no way of even knowing if they have received the messages - We had 1 caregiver who never received her schedule - if she hadn't had a consistent schedule we could have had missed shifts We have caregivers who request EVERY shift - so it becomes less useful The mobile app is very one sided - a lot of our caregivers either complained or just quit using it - our calls into the office increased as they grew frustrated.

Jaime from Visiting Angels

Great program, always open to feedback and making improvements. Great team to work with!

It would be great if the "vacation/time off" block periods on a caregivers calendar provided a hover memo for the reason they are blocked during that temporary period. Also, for shifts that overlap into the next day (live in shifts and overnights), that those blocks showed that on the calendar as well, as a visual reference.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. I find the ADL's tab very useful when staffing a caregiver with a client.

Cons

I would like the snapshot of caregivers to pop up again that provides immediate information for contact and their classes. Adding a messaging option to that snapshot would be very useful. I wish a note or memo could only be removed or edited by the user who entered the information to avoid other users from possibly making adjustments or deleting the information.

Christian from Seniors Helping Seniors (UK) Limited

Versatility and flexibility

From the first week of operating within Axiscare it was clear that it had the simplicity and all the flexibility to accommodate future use. Any software that accommodate growth and flexibility is going far beyond competition. The support team and manager are very forthcoming with quick response time.

Pros

Multi platform use i.e. smartphone, tablets, desktop. Low cost to enter. Multi-user integration without jeopardising security. Contact with support, improvements made over time, Listens to input and accommodate for special changes to one client. Form creating possibilities (which can only get better as it is in Beta) Financial reports. Overall very easy to use.

Cons

Would like the phone app to be introduced to UK. Full integration with xero.com accounting software for invoicing.

Matthew from Visiting Angels - Dallas, GA

Industry: Public Safety

AxisCare makes it easy to follow clients from Leads to actual Clients.

Pros

I like the reports that we can generate through the software, especially for tracking our numbers in regards to marketing. The calendar view for both clients and caregivers is easy to follow even though I do not access them as much as some of our office staff. It is very easy to add additional shifts and monitor overtime from these calendars. I think it is important that AxisCare leaves different areas for specific notes, this makes it easier to keep track of clients throughout their time with our company.

Cons

I think it would be beneficial to have more focus around referral sources, especially if there are duplicates. Another con is that the client's calendar is sent out after their schedule is put in, for new clients this can be stressful because we may not have caregivers in place right away and all they see is an empty schedule.

Pamela from Visiting Angels Cuernavaca

User friendly and high quality software

Using Axis Care software has been a great help for our agency. It allows us to focus on our clients and caregivers instead of focusing in the office management. Since Axis Care takes care of schedules, payroll, billing, we have more time to attend people rather than process.

Pros

Reports are great: billing, payroll and royalties. Specially great when you see the same amounts on them. Easy to add clients and caregivers.

Cons

On March 12 the daylight saving time started in the USA. In Mexico it started on April 1st. During those weeks, caregivers could not check in and out correctly because the system had a different time. Very annoying and we didn't know how to fix it. Making changes to the schedule is not that easy. I make a change and click save but it doesn't save nor tells me what am I doing wrong. Spanish translation is terrible. I could help with that if you want I don't understand the fix and hourly rates. It calculates the same way. If you change the default hourly rate, it changes the rates of past events which is bad, because that already happened and should not change.

Felica from Visiting Angels

Helpful, successful, and easy to use

Axiscare is on the right track as a successful tool for businesses like ours! With some small tweaks here and there im sure it will quickly grow into a widely used program.

Pros

Caregivers can pickup on how the app works with ease, its very user friendly and helpful in many ways. Axiscare from a management standpoint is very helpful with the GPS tracking of caregivers so they cannot falsify when they arrive to a client and its easy to encourage notes due to how easy it is to find and submit them.

Cons

The only Con i have found with Axiscare is the fact that caregivers cannot see a summary or care plan of the client before they request them. Caregivers are instructed to call us to inquire about a client because we ( being management) can see their ADL's and Notes so it makes us have high volumes of calls on something they should be able to see themselves on the app.

Michelle from Visiting Angels

August 2016

Customer for almost 5 years! We love Axiscare!

We have had AxisCare for several years. We have had a very pleasant experience and always recommend AxisCare to other agencies that are in need or unhappy with their current scheduling provider.

Pros

We love all the little features besides the scheduling side that applies to our Caregivers. For example, clocking in and out, online schedules available, online case notes, assessments, and ADL's available for Caregivers. Notifications for a failed clock in/out. We LOVE these features!

Cons

Sometimes there will be software glitches - When you click on a particular client, it will take you to another client so you have to start over at times. It's absolutely manageable but it does happen often.

Joshua from Visiting Angels

Love

Axis Care is a very accommodating company. They have worked with us since the beginning and have made many changes to our liking. I believe it could be more fluid, but I believe they are getting there. The staff is excellent and we enjoy working with them very much.

Pros

The OS is pretty simple They are willing to change the site to accommodate our needs Price Reports Phone App

Cons

It isn't as fluid as it could be, pages could work together more Care Note week and Billing week does not match and is a major annoyance (needs to be sun-sat and should have a bi-weekly option) Does not sync/update Home Care Pulse when cases end, even though the information is updated from our system Website is very hard to navigate on a phone when making changes

Holley from Bookkeeping

Accountant

Pros

There are some great features to this program. I like that it works with quickbooks and the 3rd party billing is awesome.

Cons

When you call for support, you never get an answer. It seems you can only get that through email. Also, the weighted overtime does not calculate correctly in most cases, causing me to calculate it by hand or run the risk of short paying or over paying an employee. There are also some other non user friendly features like the inability to convert custom h rates over to just an hourly rate. This causes extra work when we have to manually go in and change those. Billing is also confusing, we are set up on auto billing, however the invoice always shows up as if it is still due. It would be nice if the payment was ran and applied to the invoice prior to the invoice going out that way we avoid double payments.

Chisung from Joynus Care

Awesome service

We have been using Axiscare for almost 4 years. We like it. Its like a blood to the body. Entire business is off of Axiscare.

Pros

Understands Home Care key feature which is schedule, search and I can create my own form is nice and awesome.

Response from Todd

Replied September 2018

Chisung, Im glad we have been able to connect after the posting of this review. We have put a lot of effort and resources into our customer service lately (implemented a new ticketing software, new phone system, etc), and our reps being rude to you is unacceptable. I will make sure it is addressed immediately. You have been a client of ours a long time, and we greatly appreciate your business. I want to make sure this issue is addressed and you enjoy your experience with us every time you call. I look forward to talking with you again soon.

Pamela from Visiting Angels Cuernavaca

Best option to run my office!

I would like to have the options to update many calendar start and end hours because sometimes schedules change and I have to do it 1 by 1. I would like to be able to make queries and download reports that can be imported to my specific accounting system (Mexico).

Pros

Easy to use across all platforms. Allows staff, clients and providers to keep updated about any schedule change. New features of the calendar are great! it is easy to use and very fast to update and change providers and scheduled hours.

Cons

Cannot move a calendar schedule in mobile platform from one date to another. The AVD that has to be filled by the providers everyday could be improved to be more friendly with mobile platforms. Can't use the SMS notifications with Mexican numbers. The Daylight Saving is not the same in all countries, and can't be configured differently.

Deborah from Holli Care, LLC

This is an excellent product. Easy to use and very comprehensive.

The designers did a nice job. Like the beta version calendar.

Pros

Cons

Hard to define schedules between caregivers on the report, need a dark line between caregivers and the lighter line between clients. Cannot check back to see past emails - when they were sent - what was their content. No place for county on the caregivers and clients profile.

Response from Todd

Replied March 2018

Deborah, we appreciate your candid review of AxisCare. We welcome feedback from our users, and we review every comment in order to continually improve. We are happy to hear you like our calendar as well as the screen transitions and overtime alerts. We like those too! We were, however, sad to hear you are not a fan of the caregiver schedule report along with a couple other specific features. I am happy to tell you we do have solutions for those, and we will be reaching out to you to explain how you can get what you need. More importantly, we also noticed you gave our Customer Support a 2-star rating. We are very interested in hearing more details about your experience so that we can focus on giving you the excellent support you deserve. Your colleague from Holli Care (below) had a different experience and gave us a 5-star rating (which we strive for every time), so we want to know how it was different for you and how we can get better. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Carol from HomeBridge Care

Industry: Public Safety

Don't look anywhere else. Axis is the best for your business needs. Trust me....I know

After using a few other software systems we stumbled across AxisCare. It is very user friendly. It took me less than an hour to be independent with the software. We use AxisCare for our "in home PAS business" and for our "Assisted Living Business" The customer support ladies are wonderful, friendly and always eager to help. They listen to our issues and try to adapt the software to meet our needs. Payroll and invoicing is so easy with AxisCare. I can't think of any upgrades that are needed at this moment.

Pros

Telephonic clock in and out for employees that transfers into the payroll reports. This makes payroll so easy. Same with invoicing.

Cons

The recent upgrades to AxisCare fixed the one con I had with the software.

Pamela from Universal Home Care and Services, Inc

Love Them

We enjoy using the software to manage our aides and clients and customer support is awesome!

Pros

Great customer service! Works wonders for scheduling and aide/client management.

Cons

We're looking forward to when they can integrate a customizable Nursing (admissions, nursing visits and supervisory visits) platform that can be used with tablets by our nurses in the field that will allow signature capturing from both the nurse and the client. Also, the mobile app is new and needs a better integration with the software and signature capturing from the aides and the clients on a daily basis. We'd like to see the forms be more customizable.

Betsy from Visiting Angels

Simplicity at your fingertips

There are a lot of things that have improved on this site since I had first started using it roughly 3 years ago. They are constantly trying to improve the functions of the site which is awesome. You can tell they are trying to make it more accessible and easier to use.

Pros

You are able to quickly and easily add shifts and delete. Creating a schedule is simple and all of your information you may need is right there at your fingertips. This site is very easy to use and is always improving

Cons

This site is not very mobile friendly when you are using it as an office manager. The caregivers that use the app say that it is user friendly.

Scott from Gentle Shepherd Home Care

Customer service is prompt and very helpful. There are many features within AxisCare that we don't always use and sometimes need help either understanding or remembering how to do it again and their support staff is excellent and patient with our needs.

Pros

The ease of integrating with QuickBooks. Once our data is verified within AxisCare the process of integrating with QuickBooks is painless and simple. We also like the ease of scheduling our client visits and sending out open visits to our caregivers.

Cons

Some limited features but I have to say that when we have recommended an enhancement they implement it.

Christina from Home Instead Senior Care

AxisCare is a whole new opportunity to maximize customer service and move through processes easily.

I would like the recommended caregivers screen to be more like the Legacy option. I would also like to see who the assigned caregivers were on removed shifts.

Pros

I like the ability to navigate easily when scheduling and the options it offers. I like the added ability to click and drag and being able to see removed shifts. Color options are great!!

Cons

I don't care for having to choose a reason every time you make a simple change with calendar. It's too many "saves" to make a change. Although I have figured it out, I found when training the "start" date and the "effective " date can be confusing.

Candy from Elder Independence

Industry: Public Safety

Excellent software for scheduling!

If we could ask for one thing to be fixed on AxisCare from the list of cons, it would be making the site responsive. When our schedulers are on call 24/7, they may not always have a computer or even a tablet handy to make changes. Perhaps the developers could try updating schedules from their phone to see how difficult it truly is.

Pros

User friendly, excellent for scheduling, updates improving the software on a regular basis are great, rarely ever breaks down, works well with billing and payroll in QuickBooks

Cons

Ideas to make software more user friendly are normally ignored; most issues blamed on "developers" and "developers" are the only ones capable of providing solutions yet can never be reached for questions; mileage "as the crow flies" is not really helpful; geo codes aren't always accurate; the site really needs to be responsive; caregiver/client notes should show if they've been edited and by whom and when ... also if anything that was deleted could instead be archived so others could go back and view if necessary

Luke from Visiting Angels of Midwest Ohio

A for Axiscare

They are a great partner in the Senior Care world!

Pros

The ease of operation is smooth and intuitive. I was able to learn 80% of what I use regularly within a few days. The last 20% has taken a while only because I haven't given it more time to learn. The support staff as been exceptionally helpful and I recommend this product completely. I know that every little suggestion that I have shared with will contribute in some way to future improvements.

Cons

Printing Options, emailing calendars, minor stuff. I don't have any major complaints. Super Job AxisCare.

Steve from Veterans Aide at Home

August 2016

The Best Solution Out There!

We started off with just 2 clients, we learned a lot, then we kept adding more clients on, each and every month. The entire experience was awesome!

Pros

Price & Capabilities.... the software does more than we need. The affordable solution was the hook but again the capabilities set it apart from everyone else!

Cons

Seriously, can't really comment on this, there simply is nothing to say. Even when our team neglected to understand a function, the company customer service was great! In fact, Sydney and Lauren are my 'go to girls' at AxisCare... not too many companies can be that focused, we love it!

Scott from Gentle Shepherd Home Care

Couldn't Be Happier

Pros

AxisCare made the impossible, possible. We are a new company in the Home Care arena and as you can imagine trying to start from the ground floor is a monumental task. AxisCare took one of the worries out of our hands by providing us with their scheduling tool to track client and caregiver schedules. We rely heavily on the reporting tool to ensure all clients and caregivers are scheduled appropriately. Without this tool, we may not have noticed scheduling conflicts or unassigned visits.

Cons

I really haven't found a least favorite option yet and I doubt I will. I am currently testing the mobile app to see if it is something we want to roll out to all of our caregivers.

Maribeth from McCortney Family In Home Care

AMAZING customer service!

This product is EVERYTHING you need and more. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Pros

AxisCare is very user-friendly. Everything I need is accessible from the dashboard, and running reports are a breeze. It's not often, but when I need help, their Customer Support team is fantastic. They remember who we are, where we are, what we do, and what we need. I've never had to wait more than an hour for them to fix my issues.

Cons

I have no complaints about AxisCare. We've been with them for almost 3 years and have no intentions on switching!

William from Visiting Angels Monroe

Industry: Public Safety

Axiscare: Not perfect, but he best option for us

We have used Axis for over 3 years. There have been some good changes made to the system, and some changes I wish would have been made. Overall it is an exceptional value, and I have appreciated the relationship with the company as well as the personalities within Axiscare.

Pros

Affordability; updates to the clock-in methods; Simple to complex report options; Programmers implementing requests into the system (changes)

Cons

The care-note week and the billing week do NOT match (sun-mon; Sat-Sun). Have been asking for this change for a very long time - It creates big issues for insurance billing.

Kristy from Supporting Independence, Inc

Administrator

I would like to be able to block caregivers from facilities and not just clients. I would also like it if the caregivers could not see they were blocked.

Pros

I like having everything in one place and the fact it can be accessed from anywhere. I think overall the software has been great for the company.

Cons

I do not like some of the new functions. I liked the schedule better the old way. There are a few things I would change in the program for my company. Having to make new forms when we already customized the old forms is a huge waste of time.

Kyrin from Visiting Angels

Constant Changes w/o Notice

It would be really nice if there was easy training available for our office staff, new employees, etc. Also, if we could be notified of changes WELL before they are put into effect, that would be really helpful.

Pros

I like that we are able to keep all of our scheduling in one program and it has compatibility with our applicant tracking software.

Cons

It changes constantly without any sort of notice or training - it is difficult on our office staff who rely heavily on the scheduling software in order to perform their job duties.

Response from Todd

Replied September 2018

Kyrin, thank you for taking time to write a review of AxisCare. I appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us grow! I sent you a message so we could connect about your concerns, and I look forward to hearing back. You mentioned a few things that were creating a negative experience for you, and I wanted to make sure we address them. We do make training available any time to new (and existing) office staff should you need it. Simply call or email support and well be happy to help. We are also developing a library of Help Desk articles that will be available 24/7, as well as hosting a bi-monthly Continuing Education webinar. Lastly, we will be releasing how-to videos (for those visual learners out there) to help users understand how to use AxisCare even more. Regarding the changes/enhancements, we release updates every 3 weeks after rigorous beta testing. Its our goal to continuously improve our product so that agencies can be more productive moving through the system. We send coming soon release notes, release how-to videos on major updates and offer free ongoing support and training to help navigate these updates. These notices are found in the Announcements area in the top right menu bar. Please let us know if you have trouble finding them and well be happy to help.

Kelly from Rest At Home, LLC.

Great Tool For Managing An Agency

The software is really good for scheduling and keeping track of your clients. It is intuitive and relatively easy to navigate. The company is committed to pushing out improvements and does so by listening to their customers. It provides the efficacy needed to manage staff and clients as well as each case.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate, relatively robust client management capabilities.

Cons

Needs to be some kinks worked out with the telephony. In brief, the times noted respectively to a client isn't always accurate if a caregiver goes over the allotted time of one client and then tries to call in for another client in the same day. If the time the caregiver went over with client A is overlapped with the next client, client B, then telephony does not recognize the correct client. One other needed improvement is the application. Very archaic and needs to be customizable and not static. Too sterile.

Michael from Select Home Care Dallas

Industry: Public Safety

Good all-around homecare mamagement software

Overall very happy with product. Although not 100% perfect, much better than others used previously.

Pros

Fast/responsive, fully integrates online applications/applicants, caregivers, clients, marketing, scheduling/calendars, billing & payroll, clock-in/out using telephony or smart phone app (gps). Integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

Integration with QB online has not been as trouble-free as with QB desktop. Although continually providing new features and upgrades, sometimes a bit slow to integrate specific requested needs.

Amy from Non-Medical Homecare Agency

Easy to use database

The price of the product is very good for a small company like myself. We have used it for several years now since start up and have had positive results. The app on the phone for Electronic Verification is very important to us and shows our credibility to everyone.

Pros

We can have our caregivers and clients in one place as well as billing and payroll. This is a huge benefit when tracking all your employees and clients.

Cons

Wish to be able to add certain fields that are unique to my company. Wish I can run certain reports in a more friendly version.

Brian from Arant Inc. dba Visiting Angels

Getting better everyday

Customer service department has been very responsive to our needs. They have worked hard to get us to where we can import payroll seamlessly with our payroll provider.

Pros

Easy to use Visual aids make it very easy to scan the schedule quickly to see where your immediate needs are. Customer service is great New features being added based on customer feedback

Cons

Some features are slightly behind a couple of the competitors (this gap is closing quickly) Cost is slightly higher than some of the competitors with comparable products

Brandy from Helping Hands Home Healthcare & Staffing Agency, LLC

User friendly

I would like to see if we could get an option for the client to sign on the app before the caregiver clocks out if need be. We have a few that will let the caregiver leave early and I have to clock them out from the office but then we don't have a signature.

Pros

I came to work with a new company and no one really understood the software even tho they had been trained. I was able to figure out the system on my own and guide them through it. I find it very user friendly. The majority of the caregivers really like the app and being able to see their schedules and the messaging system.

Cons

I was unaware of the price structure and that we are charged for clients over 20. I would like to be able to have all clients on as active and be able to put our facility hours that we staff on as well but it cost to much to have that many clients in as active.

Marcela from GERICARE

An accurate solution for Homecare Agencies

In our research for a system that better suits up for our operation, Axiscare was the best option. We have made adecuations on the way we use it, to make it fill for our operation. Allthough the Axiscare team has created customizable sections, it would be great to ask us specific modifications that can make this system our BIGGEST tool. There's no periodic or scheduled shotr meetings with the customer, to listen how this tool it's working; at least not in our experience here in Mexico.

Pros

Covers the biggest and basic operations of Homecarebusiness. Information and reports can be accesed and filtered as needed; it may also be exported.

Cons

Still with old feel and look of the page. Lacks of removing past info such as prices & info catalogs.

Marina from Assisting Hands Palm Beach

May 2015

Good, but I wish it was more robust, more functional.

Pros

Like: good customer support, easy to use, not too expensive, has all the necessary fields, no unnecessary "bells and whistles"

Cons

least: not very functional, not very flexible. Hard recommendations: - Exports should be more user friendly, provide information, sometimes it is just like downloading words, not data which can be sorted upon. - wish could send caregivers emails/texts from their profile, not need to go out to caregiver list - wish we were not so restricted in the texts - program "kicks us out" without the user being aware, and then when we hit "save" it is NOT saved, because Axis had already kicked us out. - more flexibility in terms of creating our own reporting, screens - there should be an identifier in caregiver, which should be a column in caregiver list, indicating which caregivers are actually working that week

Carol from HomeBridge Care

Customer for over 3 years now

Overall - great system for in home care. We also use this for our Assisted Living Facility and it works just as well.

Pros

Simple payroll & billing reports. Easy clock in and out for caregivers. Mileage tracker making it easy for management to reimburse caregiver time Love the notes section

Cons

Scheduling section is a little difficult to navigate but this could be an user issue. Having a difficult time adjusting to the new features and functions. I need to watch the training sessions but haven't had time.

Nassir from First Choice Home Care

I like the software and the technology. It is well designed and suits my needs.

Suggestion: I wished axiscare had the option to create forms and fill out forms for caregivers same way as we can do for clients.

Pros

Great software. Ease of use and functionality. Form creation. Scheduling, ease of reporting and dependability/reliability.

Cons

I had issues with customer service. There are multiple times I call and no one answers the phone. I understand the volume of customer calls can be daunting but I believe poor customer service can in the long run drive customers out too. Don't be mistaken, I love Axiscare. it is a great software but please please fix the customer service issues.

Response from Todd

Replied June 2018

Nassir, thank you for your candid feedback. Im glad you are enjoying AxisCares ease of use, creating custom forms, and the scheduling and reporting functions. We are sad to hear about your experience with our customer support, but want to let you know we have made significant improvements. AxisCare has had record growth in the last 6 months, but we have taken the necessary strides to stay ahead of the demand. We just grew our Support team by 33%, and we have implemented a new support system that has reduced our customer response and resolution times. Thank you for your patience through this process, and for being a valued client of AxisCare. Please continue to let us know how were doing. We look forward to hearing from you.

Shelley from Grace Care Personal Care and In-Home Servcies

Marketing Director

Love it, especially the customer service. Our case manager still uses her little ipad to use AxisCare. She deserves to win this laptop for her office. Not only is she great, she is on her second career at age 72 and works because she loves the people she can help through Grace Care.

Pros

Love it's integration. The ease of data entry is appreciated and the way one thing connects to another is great.

Cons

Changing data once it is in. I find it a little difficult that we can not remove an entry especially if it was done in error.