What are Careficient users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Careficient software through verified user reviews

• icon"When I am using the software I have piece of mind that I am compliant with CMS regulations. Also billing team is exceptionally good."
  • icon"The billing of Medicare is very good. It was easy to switch from our previous program."
  • icon"Employees are quick and helpful, as long as you don't need to put in a ticket. I usually can call our trainer and he is able to answer the question within a day, if not instantly."
  • icon"All the medications carry over to other documents, including discontinued medications. This is a problem, if you don't actually check the list."
  • icon"Changing from a non internet based product to Careficient has been a struggle for the staff to become accustomed to an entire new way of doing things."
  • icon"No way to track hours scheduled/verified, rish of utilized more than auth hours and not knowing until end of ISP."

Browse all Careficient Reviews

• Have you used Careficient and would like to share your experience with others?

Heather

July 2022

New user review

The set up was very easy and the customer support was awesome. The implementation team really had everything put together to make the transition as painless as possible.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and makes user sense. I appreciate all of the compliance features that are built in making it easier to not skip steps.

Cons

We've only been using the software for four months so there are little tweaks here and there that I would like. We did issue a technical change request and they have already responded by updating the software using that change. The company is very responsive to user input.

Axxess Home Health

Reasons for choosing Careficient

Ease of use and we liked that the developers are former nurses and staff that understand what is needed

We were notified that HCF was no longer going to be supported effective 6.30.22

Nicky

New Careficient User-Outreach

Careficient was easy system to navigate and really love the billing and invoices feature. The tracking of hours per week scheduled and verified for pedi will require more manual intervention by staff to ensure not over utilizing authorized hours. The scheduling using 485 is also not very conventient, because adding or fixing schedules requires removing some many layers of information to get back to the basic schedule or adding interim order can also be more work than just being able to go to the schedule and add a schedule or change one.

Pros

Billing, Setup of payer information. Invoice corrections and automated notes and workbasket items to alert staff of follow-up on important tasks.

Cons

Authorization setup not linked to actuation service code being billing until it scheduled, risk utilizing more of one service code than authorized if scheduled wrong. No way to track hours scheduled/verified, rish of utilized more than auth hours and not knowing until end of ISP. Ability to filter by Teams when trying to verify, but this will be resolve once we switch agency location. Scheduling using 485 can be problematic for pedi services, because they have multiple schedules per day and per week.

Reasons for switching to Careficient

Electronic documetaiton of nurse visits was one of the main reason we switch skilled services to Careficient.

Renee

December 2021

Careficient review

At first I did like the customer service. Brendon is great. I could call him directly and he always had an answer and quickly, but lately they want us to put in a ticket, which they are not quick to return with an answer, and quite often have a wrong answer or none at all. I have put in tickets to ask if things could be adjusted to help in all of the areas mentioned above. They said they will try to accommodate, which looks and sounds good, but I put in tickets almost 2 years ago asking to consolidate things to have less paperwork and less work overall and still have no response after almost 2 years.

Pros

We are able to send software oasis and they transmit to state for us.

Cons

Too many pathways to get where you want to get to. i.e. to look up the medical record # or insurance # you have to click on too many tabs to get there. I feel it should all be on main page in one area. ALL visit note, including oasis are WAY too long, wastes too much time. You can not just un-approve something, you have to back track in the order to approved them, which also is a BIG waste of time. Do not like that the 485 and care needs are separated. We have had many complaints from physicians saying POC is way too long. Too many things in columns, which takes up space and makes things longer. med list is too long. Bottom line, we originally wanted this software to save time, but all it has done is waste A LOT of time and time is money.

Reasons for choosing Careficient

we are a very small company and they were willing to work with us according to our census. Others were way too expensive for a small agency.

Mary

July 2022

Transition, Transition, Transition

In our less than 6 months usage, all tiers of employees made sure that we were/are comfortable in using this software. The tech support is very responsive which has been appreciated in this early phase that we are in.

Pros

We couldn't have asked for a better experience in the transition phase to using Careficieint. From project management, to training, to implementation, the Careficient staff guided us through expertly.

Cons

Please, please, please enlarge the font and change the orange color.

NDoc and myUnity Home Care & Hospice

Reasons for choosing Careficient

Focus on compliance, systematic flow of thinking process, transition and training process, price

Healthcare First "sundowning" that product

Cynthia

Careficient is the best Software that I have ever used!

Careficient meets all of my business needs. Their support staff is wonderful and will answer all your questions. It made my survey so much easier because it is survey friendly. My team likes that they can get to anything by the tabs on the top of the patient profile and that everything is in one place and easy to locate.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. The careficient team provide you with great training. The software has so many reports and it makes submission of HIS measures, Billing, Etc. so easy! I went through my Accreditation survey and even the surveyor stated "This is so survey friendly. It makes my job easier." I personally have recommended this EMR to some of my colleagues already. I have used multiple other EMR's and I vote Careficient to be the best.

Cons

No issues at this time at all. I have had no problems with the EMR system and once you learn it is so user friendly.

WellSky Home Health

Reasons for choosing Careficient

Careficient is made for Hospice care. Its staff understand the things that Medicare and State require a Hospice to have and it meets all of those goals with a user friendly site.

Beth

June 2022

Hospice agency review of Careficient

The staff is helpful and response when contacted. Never had any Medicare billing issues. The system is user friendly and affordable. Always willing to take suggestions from the end user and make adjustments as able. I have been very happy with the system for many years.

Pros

I have used Careficient for many years with both current and startup hospices. It was easy to set up and teach staff to use. The support team is very helpful with resolving issues. Throughout all my State, Medicare and Accreditation surveys I have never had any compliance issues with the system. The cost is very affordable especially when doing a new startup agency. The enhancements that they have made over the years have made documenting, care planning, and signing physician orders , etc even better.

Cons

The only cons I have is the ability to use all the functionality with a IOS software system (IPad), though they have been working on that, as well as providing an increase of generated report options.

Reasons for choosing Careficient

I have worked some with Home Care Home Base and I found it very structured that it took multiple steps to enter a referral and schedule the admission. In Careficient it allows users more flexibility to move about within the system to complete tasks.

Christine

Clinical Manager Perspective

The agency's overall experience has been exceptional. Our agency switched to Careficient from a different software that was inadequate to meet point of care needs. With Careficient it allows us to provide a higher quality of care and easy to use point of care . Our field clinicians' are happy that they have less paperwork and more time with the patients. From a clinical manager point of view, I like the use of the QA process to improve on clinician documentation and outcomes. Our marketing and analytical team likes the analytics and ad hoc reporting capabilities. When we have needed technical support, the Careficient team responds in a timely manner, with useful suggestions and solves our problems efficiently.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to access all the patient information from one place, the patient encounter. When we are servicing an active patient, we have access to all the information we need from one place. The field clinicans' and I have the same views, patient contacts, medication list, orders, insurance profile, service notes and more. This makes it easy to train clinicians, answer questions, offer guidance, solve problems and case conference.

Cons

The use of splash screens to provide user information from Careficient. The splash screens appear every time I click on a new module, until you manually clear the notification and then it goes away completely. A better option might be having the message as a splash screen initially, but then have it go to a side bar possibly on the home screen.

Molly

June 2022

Easy to Implement and Easy to Use

Pros

We had used the same EMR since 2003 so a switch was not going to be easy for us. We selected Careficient because of the ease of use, the customer service, and the ability to customize certain features. From the start, we have been very impressed with the Careficient staff who guided us through implementation, go-live, and continue to provide ongoing support. We use Careficient for all three of our lines of care: Home Health, Hospice, and Private Duty. We would highly recommend Careficient to any Home Care Agency that wants to feel like they are a partner with their EMR and not just a number.

Cons

We would like a better audit trail of what associate edited or changed a record. Giving the associate name/date/time would be helpful.

WellSky Home Health and Homecare Homebase

Kathy

Accoutant

It's been a great experience working with Careficient and their support team. They are available and walk us through processes anytime we've needed it. Even for the same process!

Pros

I like that everything is tied together from Authorizations to Compliance. As a Certified/Accredited Home Health Agency, it's crucial to provide services that are not only authorized, but that those services are performed by associates that have the proper compliance. Careficients scheduling allows schedulers to chose associates that are in compliance and in a specific area range to make providing services more efficient. The reports are easy to run and are completely formatted when exported.

Cons

There is a lot of set up involved, but that is understandable considering everything has to link together. Some of the authorization features are not quite built to suit private duty, but the development team is continually making enhancements based the needs of their clients. The reports are sometimes hard to find for those that aren't used to navigating software. I would like to be able to see times in and out on the calendar schedules.

Reasons for choosing Careficient

Careficient had the features needed for the most reasonable price

Reasons for switching to Careficient

We needed a software that would allow us to do Medicare billing and EVV and improve our compliance for audits.

Tami

Careficient AMS is Easy to Use

We use the software to track patient information - visits, schedules, etc. It is also used as a payroll system. The clinicians visits are recorded in Careficient. However, ADP is the software whereby they are paid. So payroll in Carifiienct must be processed before you can cut checks in ADP

Pros

Easy to use, captures important patient information. The company is super easy to work with, and some of the software has been customized for ys.

Cons

It doesn't work with ADP Run. Hence, my entire payroll ends up being done twice - for hundreds of W2 and 1099 employees, that is a ton of work

Reasons for choosing Careficient

This was chosen before my tenure with the company. the only thing I would change is the ability to interact with payroll programs such as ADP or Paychex

Shelly

Very functional

I wish I would have found this company years ago.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is customizable to fit our mix of business and has all of the features that the large software companies have but at a reasonable price. The support is great and the implementation team is amazing. The ongoing compliance is amazing as well. For the first time in years I am able to track AR and payments without issues. The reports are great and the billing is AMAZING.

Cons

There are a couple of areas that are slightly cumbersome, but nothing that is horrible.

Axxess Home Health

Pricing and features.

Reasons for switching to Careficient

The software was way too expensive, very difficult to use and I was sited with my 3 year survey for items that was not included in the software. When I brought it to their attention they stated I should have know and just added it. I was not able to track my AR easily. I couldn't track what was paid and what was denied. I was nickled and dimed to death. Horrible 2 years.

Terri

Home Health

Pros

I have used other companies, and there is little to no support. Careficient staff are readily available to help and problem solve. The team there is helping to add things that we needed into the software.

Cons

Nothing. Everything was as they promised

WellSky Home Health

poor customer service

Tena

I love this software! It is very easy to use and navigate through. Customer Service is great.

Medical records that can be easily viewed by quality assurance to be certain care plans are being followed. Record reviews, electronic medical records, etc.

Pros

Ease to use and navigate through. Low cost is always a plus. An amazing customer service team that I consider friends.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes there may be issues with orders or something but, they have such a great support team that it usually gets fixed within a short period of time.

Shatane

Brings structure and organization to our home care agency & ease to use our staff and nurses love this system

Overall very impressed with system.

Pros

All patients information s all n one place. Great way to have great communicate between our staff Great scheduling system Stays updated Generates 485 form our nurses love this.

Cons

Sometimes have updates Little expensive but worth it!!! Scheduling is little confusing Long training when first starting up Need to be geared towards all medicaid and medicare program like passport etc

Nancy

This software is user friendly and efficient.

?

Pros

The workbasket items, to remind me of things that need to done. Also the billing portion of the program is very user friendly.

Cons

That there are so many steps to add new items to supplies and setting up new payers is difficult and I find it difficult to know what each item is and when to allow it. Also, posting payments if there is money that has been reclaimed.

Helen

I find the system very easy to use. Clinicians that have used other systems, find it difficult.

I personally haven't used any other system. All electronic charting is done with Careficient.

Pros

As the office-intake clerk, I very much appreciate the ability to see real time as clinicians complete their service notes for verification.

Cons

1. The entry of supplies is way too time consuming. 2. Pecos should cross over for populating of information.

Vickie

Like working with their personnel.

Saves me time.

Pros

It is easy to use. I do the billing. It easy to find errors and corrected them. It is easy to post my remittance. Also it is easy to bill.

Cons

This is simple thing. But I don't like the color of the patients name. Also when I'm working on my laptop if you get close to the header bar if drops down and gets in your way.

Brendon

Careficient is a very helpful tool for managing our associates and clients.

This software help us with most of our processes.

Pros

I love the ability to customize Careficient to suite our needs at different stages of growth and needs. I love the customer support knowledge and speed of resolutions.

Cons

I wish we could customize a few other things, but I'm sure Careficient will continue to help us with these changes.

Anil

Experience with Careficient Software

Very happy

Pros

Compliance. The software is built with all the regulations. When I am using the software I have piece of mind that I am compliant with CMS regulations. Also billing team is exceptionally good

Cons

They may need to develop more reports that are useful for the customers

Melissa

User friendly, affordable, efficient and thorough software

Overall our agencies are beyond pleased with this software. It is comprehensive, is up to date with the COPs and care planning requirements. when calling customer service, our calls are answered promptly and if the tech doesn't know how to help, he/she will put us in touch with someone who can help. They are not used to handling agencies who provide both home health and hospice but they have worked very hard at helping us manage both inside the system.

Pros

Charting time (1 hour versus 5 in our old software) Thorough charting Offers both Home Health and Hospice Billing services are affordable and worth it Support is easy to reach and go out of their way to help They will customize as much as the system allows

Cons

The set up was frustrating and very time consuming Some of the processes inside the system are a bit confusing No ability to customize reports for agency needs: ie, fall tracking Training- Not structured to teach clinical personnel their role Difficult to differentiate home health from hospice patients on the list of patients.

Danielle

I am new to this software and love that we get to work with developers who listen to our ideas.

It completes the patient's EMR and meets compliance issues with CHAP and Medicare. Obviously it decreases the amount of paper kept for medical records and HR records.

Pros

I like how the information flows from service notes to orders such as 485. I also like how you can customize information on the service notes. I am excited to start working with the new care plan customization options and visit tasks. I also like how learning videos are available at any time and that you can get into the system from almost anywhere.

Cons

I feel that some stuff is repetitive or requires multiple steps to get completed. I wish the scheduling was easier to complete and make changes if needed. I don't like that you can only create a ROC order if the 485 is completed as sometimes these date ranges interfere with each other. I know there are work around for this but sometimes, that's not convenient. Also, orders are not set up to require problem, intervention, and goals to be obtained. Like the ROC orders only pull orders but not goals. It would also be nice if one could quickly mark that we do not need a physicians signature but would still like to fax it (i.e. case communication notes) as opposed to faxing it, then taking the dates out, then marking no signature required. Just simple cons so far.

vickie

Careficient AMS Review

It is good. The billing department takes too long to process VA and Advantage claims I feel. But except the items above it is a very good program.

Pros

It is easy to use. They keep the program updated. The billing of Medicare is very good. It was easy to switch from our previous program.

Cons

a problem I have using this program on my laptop is that the drop down menu shows up when your trying to clinic on the line below. Also it would be helpful if the program could complete the State end of the year report. The previous software did complete this report with just one click.

Deborah

Great support from customer reps

It is so much better than our previous company. For the most part, it is very user friendly and our home health staff finds it easy to use.

Pros

I most like the billing component of this software. Very easy to use. Much better than our previous company.

Cons

I find it hard to get medical supplies entered and usable in the system. It is also complicated to get the billing codes put in place.

Zak

New Employee Form Feature is AMAZING!

The system originally did not have everything that we thought it would have however, the team at Careficient has been very helpful and willing to make sure we have what we need as an agency to be successful. If they don't have a feature, let them know and they will see about making it happen!

Pros

This new feature allows us to have new hires sit at a computer and do our new hire paperwork/training all on the site. This gets rid of using tons of paper for each new employee that we bring on. AWESOME

Cons

No issues yet for this new feature.

Janet

Administrator

At first we had difficulty understanding system and putting into our agency processes. They were very accommodating to additional training that we needed. They developed a payroll system that we can use that is very easy to use. All of their employees are friendly, helpful and open to questions.

Pros

Oversight of what is happening in the agency.

Cons

Messaging system. Would like if it attached to a patient and there was an email thread to follow.

Reasons for choosing Careficient

Oversite it gives you, ease of use and workbaskets.

Reasons for switching to Careficient

Previous software did not have good tracking of many items 1. PDGM - cost of visits, LUPA alerts 2. Documentation Review is much easier the workbaskets telling your what needs done how long is has been pending. The oversite that you have on the dashboard of what is happening in agency is great.

Careficient