• Pros

• "Overall, it's fairly easy to use once you get used to it. Large library of preset verbage, and able to custom write as well."

• "I like being able to speed up the documentation process through check boxes."

• "Extremely pleased with the service offered by Casamba, very happy and satisfied, the quality of its services is undoubtedly 10/10"

• Cons

• "i wish it were strictly online as opposed to downloading the software onto a computer. it would make it more accessible so that you could work on your paperwork anytime"

• "The evaluations aren't as user friendly for the evaluating therapists. They have to choose their goals based on CPT codes and not just on what they want their functional goals to be. "

• "Slow, hard to switch between screens, drop downs are useless."

Browse Casamba Home & Hospice Reviews

Valentina from Distecnoweb

Extremely pleased 10/10

Pros

Cons

I really do not have any complaints about this company, it knows how to treat customers, it knows what customers want, it is versatile .. Very useful and practical. Very good

Brenda from Vita Healthcare Group

Makes rehab management in SNF much easier

I have used several versions of Casamba with different rehab companies. As a manager, the reports saved me time when my customers needed quick information. I have always felt that Casamba has been user friendly to use as a COTA and manager. How to setup and do the evals needs work, but I have always found it easier to use than Rehab Optima. Love the planner!!

Pros

The planner makes planning minutes and tracking ARD's much simpler. The reports aren't difficult to get to and are a quick way to get information for my clients. The alert system aids in making sure all documentation is thoroughly completed before closing and that it is completed in a timely manner within compliance.

Mark from VHMS

Worse and horrible ever experienced software.

I am PT with 8 years of experience and worked in multiple settings and used various different software for documentation. So far, the casamba is the most non- professional software with inappropriate content which is made only to try to suck money from the insurance companies. It is a huge pain to the therapist to spend around 30 minutes to type one PT eval rather than spending that precious time on the patient care. All components of casamba are framed in such a way so that the facilities can claim more and more on the billing. I strongly urge to review or revise the software and make it user friendly.

Pros

As a ethical and professional therapist, I like nothing about this software. As a business owner, this software is great since it determines the most easiest ways to claim high billing to the insurance companies. That's one of the most common reasons, why the SNF's love this software.

Cons

EVERYTHING!! Design and requirements and interface.

Laura from Self-Employed/Freelance

Several different options for casamba - what version do you have?

Pros

Cons

I have worked at several different facilities all with Casamba, but no two buildings were the same - all with different features and options. There are 2 ways to enter your daily billing - which causes some confusion. The ipods are way too small to complete the documentation.

Helen from Saks Elementary School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Makes Documentation Easier

Overall, I like the way Casamba is set up to help me complete my documentation requirements. There are plenty of training sessions available for new users.

Pros

As a PRN Speech Language Pathologist, I use this software in my second job at a SNF. I like that it saves me time in my documentation for Evals, daily notes, and weekly progress notes by having templates for each task . It also keeps track of my hours worked and my daily schedule.

Cons

Casamba sometimes has glitches where it is difficult to login and to sync my data before I clock out. Everything must be successfully synced before I can leave work. Sometimes the sync process takes a long time to complete.

I am a physical therapy assistant who uses it daily to document

Pros

Its easy to use, you can create quick drop downs to ensure your documentation is with in Medicare guidelines.

Cons

The application for the tablet can be confusing and glitches. I have had numerous documents I have completed not sync and needed to be redone

casey from hope landing

My Casamba Review

it does a great job at keeping up with rug levels/mins, gives alerts that are helpful, easy to quickly write a note. I like it!

Pros

I like the ability to quickly record my daily notes. I like that it alerts you if a progress note is due as well as a 10th visit note. can easily see what needs co signing. it is easier to keep up with these things.

Caitlin from Health Wealth & fitness

rigid

Pros

I like being able to speed up the documentation process through check boxes.

Cons

I do not like the availability of phrases and there is no advanced medical explanations that enable you to individualize with the use of check boxes or another related tool.

Jana from HHT

Not User Friendly- A Marketer's Perspective

Casamba is the most unfriendly software I have ever had to deal with in business. I simply need one report created (you have to ask and ask and ask for reports to be made for you because the available ones are not usually helpful). I have been asking for 9 months for a simple report that would give patient demographics in an excel format. Without this, there is no way for me to pull patient addresses, etc to continue communications with our former and current patients. I am BEGGING our directors to change documentation systems.

Pros

For my purposes, nothing.

Cons

No good referral source tracking; no patient followup reports; no patient demographic/address reports

September 2016

Dan from BHRC

September 2016

Bad Product

I am a PT with over 20 years of experience and I find casamba to be the most obstructive product to patient care I have ever come across. Makes pt care harder.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Slow, hard to switch between screens, drop downs are useless.

Sarah from Plymouth Place

Good once you get used to it

Overall it is a solid choice for documenting and managing my day.

Pros

I like the pre written templates which makes documenting notes much faster and more accurate. It reminds me what I need to make sure I have in each note.

Cons

It can be difficult to tailor the goal templates to each individual patient to make it more personalized.

RYAN from Adaptive Seating Solutions LLC

Works great for keeping up with scheduling and billing

Pros

Ease of use while scheduling and planning days ahead of time for everyone on your staff. Daily schedules are also easy to access

Cons

This program is difficult to customize for use with particular company needs. Some programs the client is able to change usage as needed

July 2015

Don from Lincoln Land Community College

July 2015

OT and director of OTA training program: I rate this software very low as an evaluating therapist

I have used this software with four different rehab companies (each has a slightly different version), as an evaluating therapist. I find Casamba to be clumsy, obstructive, clinically inappropriate for OT and designed much more for physical therapists than for occupational therapists. Surely, there could be some adjustments to make it so the OT evaluation looks more like OT as defined by the Occupational Therapy Framework that guides our profession. I would happy to give more details on how it could be improved, if you care to contact me. Thanks.