What are Hummingbird users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hummingbird software through verified user reviews

• icon"I enjoy having an account rep who can advocate for our needs immediately. I like that the software is edit-able and we can customize as we go if needed."
  • icon"I like the fact of submitting patient data in PIM information rolls over to clinical portion effective immediately."
  • icon"Love the reports, the ease of use and the quick responses from customer service."
  • icon"Unable to document at the bedside. Reports were limited and not fully inclusive."
  • icon"There are glitches in some reporting, causing frustration and delay of tasks, errors. Too many questions on forms that are more or less not helpful, causing more work for clinicians."
  • icon"The horrible interface, the lack of basic input masks for dates, the above mentioned positive is also a negative, as they don't talk to each other very well."

Browse all Hummingbird Reviews

• Have you used Hummingbird and would like to share your experience with others?

Good customer support

Pros

Love the reports, the ease of use and the quick responses from customer service. Plus they custom Makes our forms for us!

Cons

It can be buggy at times. But they are great about fixing it quickly

Response from mumms Software

Thank you Jennifer. We're very proud of our support team, and we're happy to hear that they're coming through for you.

Patricia

Best Electronic Medical Record

The billing process is faster and reliable when it comes to holding bills for different reasons

Pros

The software is geared more towards hospice than any other software I have reviewed. It is simple to use and very reliable when it comes to Federal and State Regulations

Cons

Not user friendly for a surveyor. Takes too much time when trying to print charts or go to a timeline that a surveyor requests. I have also had a few issues when visits didn't show up in the record or where patients didn't show up on the mobile side for employees to chart their visit(s)

Reasons for choosing Hummingbird

We have been with Mumms for several years and their support and software is awesome

Response from mumms Software

Thank you Patricia. We're glad that you're satisfied with Hummingbird, and we also appreciate your input in ways that we can improve.

Justine

Intuitive and Thorough

We use it for our hospice and palliative care services. Overall its intuitive but there are things that could improve our user experience and improve the flow of our work.

Pros

This software is intuitive, and easy to use / user friendly in layout. I enjoy having an account rep who can advocate for our needs immediately. I like that the software is edit-able and we can customize as we go if needed.

Cons

There are glitches in some reporting, causing frustration and delay of tasks, errors. Too many questions on forms that are more or less not helpful, causing more work for clinicians. Mobile doesn't have access to attachments, or the function that HBC has to review other notes side by side w/current work. It doesn't work well with our PBM, in that they can't transfer clinical data (med profile) to the PBM.

Reasons for choosing Hummingbird

Unknown, I wasn't involved.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review, Justine.

Ju Yeon

Good and supportive

When our clinician has any issues with software, it's easy to contact them. They create a ticket and follow up with updates until it's solved. They also share the issues with the clinical manager, so the management team know what has been going on. They also have the account manager and check with provider periodically to make sure things are going okay. It has been great with Hummingbird.

Pros

We have used Hummingbird from the start-up. They have been very supportive. As you can imagine, I had so many questions to ask since I was in charge of setting up the hospice program in our agency. The Hummingbird team members, including the liaison, marketing assistant, and technicians, responded to me promptly and provided resources.

Cons

Previously, it wasn't a web based software. But now they are. I'm happy about it.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you so much for your review, Ju Yeon.

Replied March 2019

Trever

Great EMR

It has been a positive experience up to this point. Look forward to all of the changes that are on the table for the future.

Pros

Its ease of use and navigation. Also easily tailored to fit our specific companies needs.

Cons

Uses older version of firefox and sometimes you have to reinstall multiple times.

Reasons for choosing Hummingbird

Pricing and ease of navigation

Piece of Software

I think this software is garbage. It serves a purpose I suppose, another example is database corruption happened, this caused patients with multiple admissions to experience data spillage from one admit to another. I find at least two charts with this issue per day. This has been going on for over two weeks with no plan to fix the corruption on their end, only for the user to submit a ticket then it gets fixed.

Pros

Not Much. - I suppose since I should leave something positive, I would have to say the separation of the Admin and Clinical into two separate programs. This does eliminate any possibility of someone with no need to look at clinical information from accessing it. It does come with its own set of headaches.

Cons

The horrible interface, the lack of basic input masks for dates, the above mentioned positive is also a negative, as they don't talk to each other very well. As an example if a patient is admitted on a Tuesday evening, I will not see the patient on my reports until Thursday morning. Oh yes the clinical side is tied to an old version of Firefox. and you cannot update Firefox or it will break the software.Can anyone see the inherent security risk in this. The admin sides uses Google Chrome and it manages the updates rather well

Response from mumms Software

David, we appreciate your feedback. Based on your review, it appears you are referencing your organization's use of the system during our early adoption phase. All of the items you referenced have long been corrected, and we hope your user experience is now excellent.

Susan

Great product

Pros

I like that it is tied into the Medicare DDE system and is real-time. It makes verifying Medicare benefits and notifying Medicare of admissions so much quicker and easier. They are constantly updating and fine-tuning this product to make it more user-friendly, which is a bonus.

Cons

I wish I had a manual to navigate the system a little easier. I'm sure there are features that I could be utilizing that I'm not aware of.

Reasons for switching to Hummingbird

Previous product was outdated and needed upgrading.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you so much for your review, Susan

Cynthia

Hospice software helps us deliver good care

Pros

Easy to learn and use; incorporates all hospice regulations into documentation so we are compliant

Cons

IT help can be slow and I have to persist until someone is available

Response from mumms Software

We appreciate your balanced feedback, Cynthia. We have multiple ways to interact with our support team including a direct line. We will reach out to you directly to make sure you have these options at your fingertips so there is never a delay.

Lindsay

Hospice software

Pros

Ease of use. Techs are very helpful. Palliative care charting availability

Cons

No graphing as far as trending vitals etc. Can’t chart with mobile app offline.

Response from mumms Software

Happy to see that Hummingbird is working out for you, Lindsay.

Renee

Social Worker

Pros

Easy to navigate , i like the program , icons easily to find

Cons

Long wait to load sometimes , thats it. No problems

Response from mumms Software

We're glad that you like Hummingbird, Renee. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheryl

Mumms Review

Overall, MUMMS is a good program, converting over to Hummingbird have several issues. It is easy to learn and easily introduce to new employees.

Pros

Cons

The financial portion of the program has a few issues. Its not real time. The support at MUMMS is aware of the problems and have been diligently working on it. I have had several complaints from the nurses and physicians about being very lengthy and redundant.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your honest opinion, Cheryl. We are continually making improvements to automate and save time for our users.

Olivia

Hummingbird Review

Overall we are satisfied with Hummingbird, as with any software program it is not perfect, but I do think that it is hospice friendly and that is is easy to use.

Pros

It is tailored towards hospice. Easy to use application.

Cons

Sometimes information gets stuck in the server

Response from mumms Software

Thanks for your feedback, Olivia.

Shannon

The first EMR I have used...

Very nice personnel - very prompt in attempting to rectify issues...

Pros

Nursing documentation allows for very thorough documentation

Cons

Collaboration with other systems - does not communicate well with other integrated systems at times.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your feedback, Shannon. Based on your review, we believe you are referencing a third party integration? I'm sorry to hear this experience has not been excellent, and we will reach out directly to you to get clarification. We are proud to have one of the longest lists of third party integrations in the hospice space and are committed to an excellent user experience with each one.

Mary

Hospice management

Pros

most of all I appreciate the responsiveness to the user. and the compliance to the every changing regulations.

Cons

The accounting part of the program in particular the account receiveable.

Reasons for choosing Hummingbird

I have been with mumms and leo radosta for decades. He will listen to user concerns.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your feedback, Mary.

Laurie

My review

Pros

I like how simple the software is to navigate around to the difference widgets.

Cons

Customer Service was a little slow but has improved greatly.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you, Laurie. We're glad you're enjoying Hummingbird.

Replied August 2019

Connie

User Friendly Hospice Specific Software

Looked innovative and user friendly.

Pros

I enter patient data and manage orders on a daily basis. Entering patient data is very user friendly. Overall the software is user friendly even to the EMR beginner. Some of our nurses use their Ipads and find that very convenient and portable.

Cons

Orders can be a challenge sometimes, but that it is minimal.

Robin

Mobile App

They try hard to solve our issues if they arise.

Pros

I love using the app on my iPad. Makes bedside visits less impersonal than a big laptop. I also use the app on my phone.

Cons

With an iPad, I’m not able to use it offline.

Response from mumms Software

Thanks Robin, good to hear that our mobile features are working for you!

Surita

The easiest fastest system I know.

Pros

Quick and easy to learn. Quick charting is the best, it saves time for patient care.

Cons

All the updates that I'm not sure what they are, but overall it's cool.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your review, Surita. As a reminder, all users can review detailed release notes and other great feature tools in the user area of our website.

stephanie

Great Product!

Pros

I enjoy how quickly charting has become, it's easy to navigate and pretty straight forward

Cons

Not always able to edit easily, must go through extensive steps to edit an issue, unless you're an admin

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for the feedback, Stephanie. Our main goal is to cut down the time you spend charting so you can focus on care. A superb user experience is our priority.

Stephanie

Hummingbird Software

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly. IT helpful when issues arise.

Cons

Delays, issues with HVC corruption files, issues with entering and revising physician orders, screen refreshing

Response from mumms Software

Stephanie, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your user experience was other than excellent. The items you referenced may have happened for a variety of reasons. The software related items mentioned have been addressed for some time now. In fact, due to positive collaboration with your organization, feature enhancements and brand new features like the physician cert app were made possible. We value you and all of our hundreds of hospice partners across the United States and Caribbean Islands.

Cortney

Mumms to the Rescue

I have emailed customer support as well and always have had a good response.

Pros

It’s very easy to learn and teach others how to use the software. My favorite thing is the mobile feature!

Cons

I wish there was a auto-reminder to sync patients on desktop version.

Response from mumms Software

Glad to hear that Hummingbird is working for you, Cortney. Thanks for lettings us know.

Robert

Best for hospice

Very good

Pros

Mobile version. Seems easy to use. More good features coming.

Cons

Still evolving. Responsive to problems.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your feedback, Robert.

Lisa

Review of Hummingbird

Pros

I like that it is compatible with our touch screen laptop computers which makes input easier

Cons

Sometimes the input I want to make is not one of the options and it takes time to figure out how to work around such a limitation.

Response from mumms Software

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa.

christine

Good quality

Hummingbird has been a great experience

Pros

This software is fast and a good running software

Cons

Nothing its overall a good software and would recommend it to anyone.

chris

Excellent, even with recent migration

Pros

Easy to manage and maintain, especially after upgrading to hummingbird. Any software issues can be resolved using the cloud icon to redownload files.

Cons

requires installer link to install, provided by company. otherwise not too many issues with this software. It does use ESR versions of firefox though..

Hummingbird