What are WellSky Home Health users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using WellSky Home Health software through verified user reviews

• icon"I feel like it is very user friendly and customer support has always been extremely helpful in any issues we have had and in finding ways to customize the software to support our needs."
  • icon"This is a great product with fast response times and amazing functionality. One click and you are right where you need to be."
  • icon"WellSky for Hospice has simplified managing my patient load and insuring that all of my workload is organized. Charting is simple and easy on this software."
  • icon"We have used this system for years but have recently become quite unhappy with the product. This EMR has refused to take simple steps to assist agencies to be compliant with the new COPs."
  • icon"There's a lot of things you can do with kinnser it's very confusing at times."
  • icon"The email within the system doesn't time stamp and becomes a long jumbled mess. THIS SYSTEM HAS COST MY AGENCY STAFF AND AN INSANE AMOUNT OF MONEY."

Browse all WellSky Home Health Reviews

• Have you used WellSky Home Health and would like to share your experience with others?

cassie

I have really enjoyed using Kinnser and feel it has made our business much more efficient.

Pros

Cons

I am not a fan of the new help button in the bottom right of the screen after a recent update, i have also noticed that when you update the date of a task that is past due it does't go back to "black" it will stay "red"....so basically just a few minor quirks here and there.

Justin

WellSky for Hospice

WellSky far surpasses the previous software we used a few months ago.

Pros

Cons

The Messaging feature does not allow you to scroll through messages while viewing a message. If you receive several messages, you have to constantly back out and view each individual message.

Reasons for switching to WellSky Home Health

Numerous IT issues and difficulty in the software.

Hannah

May 2022

It's a good system, but could be better!

It is just okay and I hope the software becomes the best in the future. In my opinion, the software could use a lot more tools and updates for better patient care.

Pros

I like that I can do my job online and have options for keeping up with my work duties.

Cons

It is not a user-friendly software and the site does crash at least 1-2 a months for periods of whole days. If many items/tasks could auth-populate themselves, it would save clinicians and administrators many hours.

Tim

Clinical review

Generally Kinnser is a good program. It’s definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum, but has less faults than a lot of other major systems.

Pros

The organization of the program was easy to understand—the patient chart mirrors the way that paper charts used to be organized, including the tabs on the top of the page. The calendar in the chart also makes it easy to see when other disciplines are making visits as well.

Cons

I didn’t like that some of the features that make Kinnser a good program required additional purchases. Things like importing parts of the notes (like diagnosis in the therapy notes) are necessary to have, and the “extras” weren’t transparently verbalized prior to purchase. Also, the therapy functional assessments are the same not as the initial evaluations, which requires a lot of effort to ensure insurance compliance.

Darrell

Disappointing Start but happy with the product

Nurses stopped complaining about software that was too difficult to use.

Pros

User friendly Web-based Company stays on top of regulatory changes Online and web-based training library is comprehensive

Cons

New agency training stinks. It was 95% geared toward field nursing and 5% toward back office support. Of all the issues that we have had, I can honestly say 90% of them wouldn't have come up with proper training in the beginning. In hindsight, the most important issue that I did not know was that Kinnser does not systemically submit OASIS. I came from a software that had its issues, but in the 7-8 years I used it, I never once had to submit OASIS manually. It was done by the software vendor with no thought on my part. Therefore, when we switched to Kinnser, this wasn't an issue on my radar. I never thought to ask. We began using Kinnser in January 2017 and it wasn't until late March that we figured out OASIS wasn't being submitted. Then we had to go thru a setup process with Kinnser that should been part of implementation. The submitter ID was setup incorrectly which delayed submission. We had our first successful submission the first week in May, but meantime Palmetto/Medicare implemented a new rule on April 1, that they wouldn't pay any claims when the OASIS were submitted after 30 days. Palmetto denied payment in finals and recouped another in RAPs already paid. This minor issue costs my agency. Needless to say, Kinnser cut me off at the beginning of the next month because our payment was late. They didn't care that they contributed to the issue. In addition, we had multiple billing issues.

Rob

Physical Therapist using Kinnser Software

I have used five different EMR systems (but no other Home Health Specific ones) and find Kinnser to be the most frustrating of all of them. Kinnser migh be the best "bang for the buck" or even the best Home Health option, but I would encourage potential subscribers to shop around and/or ask for a trail (as difficult as that would be as were talking EMR here) first.

Pros

Interface is generally fairly intuitive. Daily notes are well organized. Perhaps its greatest strength is the interface for performing an OASIS SOC note. It makes the best of a long document. Customer support, while rarely able to solve the issues I have had, are professional and courteous and wait times are reasonable.

Cons

There are many. Keep in mind that I am a fairly new PT (graduated May 2016) and have been using Kinnser for almost 3 months. However, while I am no computer programmer, I consider myself computer literate and well above average in using applications like MS-Excel. Here are my biggest complaints with Kinnser: -there is no auto-save feature, which still causes me to lose information on a weekly basis (How hard is it to click save? Answer: Not especially hard, but if you make a few quick notes and get back to working with a patient, surprisingly so.) -The system is supposed to time out in 45 minutes if work isn't saved (note: this is not 45 minutes of no use, but 45 minutes of not being saved). This seems quite generous, but note that this is 45 minutes in theory. There are other issues with the time out feature as I will explain below. Today, I was writing in the assessment section and the time out screen popped up (warning you to "click here to stay signed in" or "click here to sign out"). A five minute timer runs in this pop-up window. Fair enough. But it had not been 45 minutes since I last saved and when I spoke with Customer Support (no wait time on the phone, which was nice), they told me that it had been only nine minutes since it last saved. I wouldn''t have even called Customer Support if the "Click here to stay signed in" button worked, but it didn't. It just reset the timer. Re-clicking it only reset the timer again. Indefinitely. So I called Customer Support. When I asked for an explanation as to why the timer feature was not working they told me that they had updated Kinnser the previous evening and since I had not cleared my cache and cookies , this essentially made the time-out clock poorly calibrated and not work. I can't refute that argument as I had only cleared my cache the previous afternoon, not previous evening. I pointed out that roughly fifty percent of the time the "stay signed in feature" does not work and either logs me out or just resets the clock indefinitely when the timer does show up. I clean my Browser's cache weekly. They had no explanation for this. (Customer support is again very patient and friendly throughout all of this). -Viewing past notes is very cumbersome as it will split the subjective written portion (or objective or assessment) into separate parts of the generated pdf. (The subjective portion will start at the beginning of the note, but then users will have to scroll down to the bottom of the note to read the rest of the subjective portion.) It's like reading a newspaper, but having to switch multiple times between the front page and some page in the middle of the paper. Very weird. I have not asked for an explanation for this. -While I did say the OASIS is fairly well organized for the initial run-through of the note, going back to edit could easily be made more efficient. Sections are divided into Prognosis/ADLs/Nutrition/Medication/Endocrine/etc pages, but if you have been asked by a supervisor to correct mistakes and (s)he only provides the "Moo Number" (ex. M-2205), and you aren't experienced enough in the OASIS to know immediately what section that is in, you have to go hunting for it. It would be great if they could put a "Moo Number" index with hyperlinks, or failing that, put the range of Moo Numbers for each page after on the menu screen. It would make navigating the OASIS for editing much faster. -K-mail. K-mail is a form of inter-office email. Imagine a pre-year 2000 web based email system. That's kmail. It works, it's functional, but that's it. If you reply or forward a kmail, the previous author's message is not indented or color changed. In the rare long kmail exchange, it could be near impossible to tell who wrote what or when one response starts or ends unless each author started and finished with a salutation. -Those last two complaints about the OASIS and K-mail are indicative of most of my concerns with Kinnser Software. It's that there are so many things that seemingly could be made more efficient or user-friendly without gutting the program, but remain unaddressed. If Kinnser was in Beta or a free program, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of its issues and annoyances. But Kinnser is not free. (I don't know how much my employer pays for a subscription relative to other EMRs.) I've used five different web-based EMRs in my short career/internships and while I had complaints about all of them (smart/cassamba, webPT, others I don't recall the name of now), none have so frequently frustrated me or resulted in lost data as often as Kinnser. Frankly, it drives me nuts. I've worked with Cassamba/smart much longer than Kinnser (10 months versus 3) but have only called Cassamba for support maybe three or four times. I call Kinnser with an issue possibly an average of almost once per week.

Richelle

Documentation

I am able to accomplish tasks, however, it is a tedious process

Pros

its safety features: times out after idle for period of time ability to save templates by name for future use with saved information

Cons

does not autosave, will lose data if you do not save--going to another patient's chart or signing out without saving, data is lost vitals info can only be inputed once, would be convenient to have vital input options before activity, during activity, and post activity Inability to retreat documents to edit once documents have been submitted unless administrator returns lengthy document

Chloe

Read Before Using Product

Overall not happy with this product. When the website is down you can't do anything nor be productive during that time and wasting time especially during the middle of the day. This product would be great if the site didn't crash almost weekly. It seems like they need more computing power on their back end to handle all the work being done through their site.

Pros

I love the system overall. It is very easy to use and learn.

Cons

They have a terrible tech support/ overall system platform. The system crashes it seems like almost at least once weekly which makes it challenging to actually get notes done. I would love for these issues to be resolved because then I would love this product even more. The system crashes for anyone using it (I have a friend that uses this company as well with a different company and has the same issues as myself).

Needs Improvement

I can't say it's fully positive, but there are a lot of negatives that make me wish we used other software.

Pros

I think the software is quite easy to use and Navigate. It's nice to have the working version and a separate training version.

Cons

There are a lot of freezing issues that can be frustrating when you have a boatload of work to do. Would be nicer if it was more reliable.

Leslie

Could be a lot better

Over all, Could be a better product if you would consider the clinician out in the field and make more user friendly. I think it was geared to sell it to office admin.

Pros

Takes the place of a lot of paper, I can find out information without calling office, saves trips to office.

Cons

NO AUTO SAVE. I spend so much time rewriting notes because it doesn’t always load correctly, or if I’m busy with a pt for too long, it drops off line, I then chart more and when I save I find out NOTHING WAS SAVED.. modern software auto saves. The font is difficult to read on tablets, it does not work well on non iPad tablets. Information needed on a pt is not easily accesssble. You have to leave your note and Enter 2 more areas to get basic stuff like DOB, Dr info or medication info, then you risk LOOSING EVERYTHING YOUVE CHARTED BECAUSE IT DIDNT LOAD.theres got to be better solutions than this software.

DENA

NEEDS UPDATING

Pros

EASE OF USE BY CLINICIANS AND OFFICE STAFF, EASY SCHEDULING, EASY BILLING, COMMUNICATION AMONG CLINICIANS, INTERNET BASED

Cons

NEEDS UPDATING OF TECHNICAL ASPECTS, NEEDS BILLING UPDATES, NEEDS GOAL AND INTERVENTION UPDATES, NEEDS POC UPDATES

Rebecca

Point of view from a field nurse

After years of paper charting out in the field and seeing other nurses with other companies use computers, I begged my superior to get something like that for us. Shortly thereafter we had our Kinnser system in place. From day one my world was changed! So much easier, faster, and complete. Being able to pull notes forward is amazing. This enables each note to stand alone and the next nurse out gets a complete picture of what's happening. I may write information in the cardiac drop down box, for example. I want everyone who sees's this pt to see this information, but if I had to rewrite it each time it would likely have just been charted on the first note and I wouldn't have rewritten it again. I love this system!

Pros

Biggest pro is pulling the last note, with it's information forward. If another nurse has seen the patient the week before, you see his or her note and have the latest information about what's going on. Being able to update the meds immediately in the home and generate orders and communications immediately on the spot saves tons of time. I feel safer in that I can pull up exact Dr's orders while out in the field. Less middle man communication.

Cons

I love love love the drop down boxes it enables more specific charting right under that specific body system when needed, unfortunately the pain section has no drop down box. This, to me, is a more important area than many of the others to have more room to write. You are limited under all sections under this title so that you are not able, at times to present a true picture and are left to chart what is happening elsewhere within the note. This would seem to be an easy fix. Please add more charting room here and I would be one happy nurse.

Rob

PT Rob from Home Health Returning to Review Almost 3 Years Later

In brief, these issues remain: -No auto-save feature ("We're working on one, I've been told." That was 2 years ago.) I don't really lose much anymore due to the lack of an auto-save feature because I have given up with Point of Service documentation and do about 90% of my note at home. It is very difficult to do POS documentation, especially evaluations. The two PTAs and OT at my company do minimal POS documentation as well. One of the other PTs maybe does 50% of her documentation POS. -The system still times out earlier than 45 minutes with more than acceptable frequency, resulting in lost work. -Viewing past treatment notes is very cumbersome and the layout is breaks up the flow and makes reading difficult. This is perhaps the most unforgiveable failure because it is so short-sighted and would be easy to fix. -Kmail, the in-EMR messaging service has a user interface straight out of the 1990's. If you appreciate the features from modern (post 2000) messaging services, you will be disappointed. And more recently, they "upgraded" the "Tests and Measures" feature for, say Berg Balance Assessment, 30"STS, Tinetti, etc. Before, you could just write in the scores. Now you have to navigate to a new page and if you type "30 " instead of "30" (Note the extra space in the first "30"), it will flag it as "not a number." It's not like MS-EXCEL, where they calculate a difference, it's just text! All in all, it's slow & cumbersome. There is way too much clicking!

Pros

Customer Support is friendly. The software is fairly intuitive and takes very little time to learn. I am a Home Health Physical Therapist using Kinnser/Wellsky Software since Fall of 2017.

Cons

Wow! I have been using this software since fall of 2017. I last wrote a review in February 2018. Of significance, NONE of the issues I had in February 2018 have been addressed. Please see that review so I don't have to repeat the details. Further, the changes they have made (very few from the perspective of an in-the-field-clinician) have made the EMR worse, not better. I AM THINKING OF QUITTING MY JOB OVER THIS SOFTWARE! It makes me very depressed and makes productivity very difficult. I note that very few of the reviewers on this website are clinicians in the field. In my limited experience, most don't like it.

Jenny

Daily Use of Kinnser

Pros

critical data from prior notes can carry forward, there are easy to access reports to determine where charts are in the billing process, there is a robust scrubber that detects errors that will reduce reimbursement and/or star ratings

Cons

Goals components are only nursing based - Library is very cumbersome for goals that are not specific to nursing - they can be set up for other disciplines but it is awkward and hard to use

Reasons for switching to WellSky Home Health

better support for billing and reimbursement

Heather

September 2016

Awesome, easy, user friendly EMR

Pros

The interface is designed much like the internet itself which is easy for anyone from the field through the office to grasp and utilize. I even have my contractors using it. The reporting structures are pretty through. Now that they have added PPS Plus it is simply a Win Win.

Cons

I don't have dislikes. I don't know why I need to document so much to say the same thing. I do not have dislikes. I am very satisfied. I have even taken this software to other agencies where I have consulted.

Abraham

Competent but not Competitive

Pros

When I found out that a new client was using Kinser, or what they called Wellsky, I was skeptical because I had never heard of it before. When I was finally given clearance to use the software, I found it to be chock full of features and resources that even some competitors were slow to adopt. It can be difficult to use at times because of numerous technical bugs and some very avoidable issues with the OASIS resource, but it is very useful if you do not have another software for your medical company.

Cons

I did some research and was confident that I would be able to use The software with relative ease, especially after reviewing the so-called manual, which was really just a few pages of “How-To” for computer illiterates. I was wrong. It took WAY too long to understand this program before I realized that I wasn’t losing my mind, but that the program itself was terribly plagued with bugs and technical issues. I am constantly signed out when I’m barely idle for ten minutes, and sometimes I even click the “stay signed” button that pops up and I’m signed out anyway, I can’t seem to find clinical notes and data necessary for billing - it’s as if the PTs and RNs post them and then they’re lost in the Kinser Matrix. I have had more issues billing and exporting digital claim files with this software than any of its contemporaries. I can not recommend this until they get their act together.

Dyllan

We Love Kinnser

When I joined the company over 2 years ago, I was taught the ropes of Kinnser Agency manager and Kinnser Hospice. I thought and still think that it was very easy to navigate and learn everything I needed to know!

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it's very slow and customer service isn't very helpful. They have slow response times and sometimes even tell us they are unable to help.

Oksana

Potential to be the best

I have been using kinnser software for the last 2 years. It's not bad, but could be better! For example: if there are 5 patients on my schedule for today, I want this software to have ability to show me the map with all of those patients on it, do I plan my route better! Right now I have to go from one patient profile to the other to find their address and where they are on the map to schedule my route. Also it needs to have a function to trigger reminders about pt/inr labs, etc...

Pros

User friendly

Cons

I hate not being able to see multiple patients and their schedules at the same time. Also very expensive...

Tricia

RN, Director of Nursing

I went from using previous software to using Kinnser. Let me just say that Kinnser is so much better. It is extremely user-friendly, in ever aspeEasyct.

Pros

I love everything about it but I especially love the Kmail which increases communication with employees, keeps everyone up to date on current orders, etc...

Cons

Very rarely, but sometimes, I will suddenly get kicked off the website with no warning, losing information that hadn't been saved.

Charity

Industry: Public Safety

2.5

2.5

August 2016

Used ADLware for my home care agency

Pros

ADLware was my first option for software when I first started the agency in Dec 2014 not knowing any better I went with them because I believed they could meet all the needs of my agency.

Cons

*System has bugs and crashes which I'm sure others do as well *Billing- I've been trying to split a invoice between the VA and Client for a month now and still have yet get tech support to allow me to let the VA pay for so many hours at a certain rate and the client at another rate and pay their portion (this is one of the main reasons I'm switching) *Don't allow families to pay invoice in software so families have to call office to pay over the phone *Alerts could be better some times I'm alerted by text sometimes I'm not

Jane

This product does not come up to the promises made at initiation

Our team will never recommend Kinnser. Their staff are difficult to work with which does not help.

Pros

Use of iPads. The kmail system. There are really no Pros to this product to be discussed. It has been a constant up-hill struggle.

Cons

Where to begin. Customer support is awful....they promise to get back to you and then do not follow up so when you call back they do not know what you are talking about. We are a rural Home Health agency and are often out of service area and Kinnser has an offline feature that they charge extra for but that is cumbersome to use and usually does not work. There is no automatic save on any clinical note so unless you constantly "save" you can loose everything and have to start over. Billing scenario is a nightmare. You cannot use a secondary biller through Kinnser. You have to open several tabs to be able to look at more than one page of Kinnser. Many more issues, including being off-line too many times. For all the issues we have had they will not allow us to break our contract early. Kinnser is very expensive and one would expect high end service.

Richard

The Best I have Ever Used!

Pros

I haven't used such an easy system for Home Health. I have had some pretty difficult systems but Agency manager by far is the easiest!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to think of but one I could say would be sometimes it freezes up on me and makes me lose what I was working on but that never really happens often for us. When it does, we just give the technical support a call and they usually just tell us it was a glitch and it should be fine if we log out and back in.

Clay

We like Kinnser.

I own a therapy staffing service and work with approximately 8 agencies who use Kinnser. Each agency customizes their user rights to allow a variety of interfaces. We have used locked down versions that only allow extremely basic privileges and didn't like it. Versions allowing clinicians even a moderate amount of flexibility are far easier to use.

Pros

When agencies allow users to "use previous note" the system flows between the evaluation and the regular notes and then on to the discharge very well.

Cons

1) When agencies do not allow users to "use previous note" there are big information gaps between the initial evaluations, visit notes, reassessments and discharges. 2) The pain section of therapy notes don't allow clear documentation of interventions or results of intervention. 3) We wish it was easier to document the progress towards goals by having the goals project foward between all the visits, whether or not other clinicians have documented towards them.

La Juan

Kinnser Agency Manager

My agency has used Kinnser for 1 year and overall it is an excellent product. As with all Electronic Health Records, there are a few minor things we would change.

Pros

Billing overview you can see all or your claims in one place, if they are ready to go, and if they have paid. Documenting visits notes extremely easy to learn. Calendar view with visit types is very easy to follow. Customer service is immediate.

Cons

Rescheduling a visit date, I would like for it to be able to change it in more than one place.

Danei

Overall easy to learn

The software improved significantly when the progress to goals was added

Pros

Easy to document all in one page. No need to go to different areas of a patient chart to add information regarding your visit/assessment

Cons

Not a lot of free text area on the assessment to document information not preset as part of the assessment form.

WellSky Home Health