• Pros

• "This is a great product with fast response times and amazing functionality. One click and you are right where you need to be."

• "The assessments and notes are very easy to complete. I like the calendar and the scheduling reports."

• "Note forwarding is a very good feature and and medication auto fill save time. Also like that I can save templates on various diagnosis"

• Cons

• "There's a lot of things you can do with kinnser it's very confusing at times. However there's plenty of ways to learn via videos and support"

• "Unable to tailor much to your own agency. Although, this isn't much of a con as Kinnser does a great job at giving you great forms and reports. "

• "Very rarely, but sometimes, I will suddenly get kicked off the website with no warning, losing information that hadn't been saved. "

Browse WellSky Home Health Reviews

cassie from Med-Corp Health Services

I have really enjoyed using Kinnser and feel it has made our business much more efficient.

Pros

I feel like it is very user friendly and customer support has always been extremely helpful in any issues we have had and in finding ways to customize the software to support our needs.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new help button in the bottom right of the screen after a recent update, i have also noticed that when you update the date of a task that is past due it does't go back to "black" it will stay "red"....so basically just a few minor quirks here and there.

Jenny from Valeo Home Health

Daily Use of Kinnser

Pros

critical data from prior notes can carry forward, there are easy to access reports to determine where charts are in the billing process, there is a robust scrubber that detects errors that will reduce reimbursement and/or star ratings

Cons

Goals components are only nursing based - Library is very cumbersome for goals that are not specific to nursing - they can be set up for other disciplines but it is awkward and hard to use

Tim from CMHC

Clinical review

Generally Kinnser is a good program. Its definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum, but has less faults than a lot of other major systems.

Pros

The organization of the program was easy to understandthe patient chart mirrors the way that paper charts used to be organized, including the tabs on the top of the page. The calendar in the chart also makes it easy to see when other disciplines are making visits as well.

Cons

I didnt like that some of the features that make Kinnser a good program required additional purchases. Things like importing parts of the notes (like diagnosis in the therapy notes) are necessary to have, and the extras werent transparently verbalized prior to purchase. Also, the therapy functional assessments are the same not as the initial evaluations, which requires a lot of effort to ensure insurance compliance.

Rob from Home Health

Physical Therapist using Kinnser Software

I have used five different EMR systems (but no other Home Health Specific ones) and find Kinnser to be the most frustrating of all of them. Kinnser migh be the best "bang for the buck" or even the best Home Health option, but I would encourage potential subscribers to shop around and/or ask for a trail (as difficult as that would be as were talking EMR here) first.

Pros

Interface is generally fairly intuitive. Daily notes are well organized. Perhaps its greatest strength is the interface for performing an OASIS SOC note. It makes the best of a long document. Customer support, while rarely able to solve the issues I have had, are professional and courteous and wait times are reasonable.

Cons

There are many. Keep in mind that I am a fairly new PT (graduated May 2016) and have been using Kinnser for almost 3 months. However, while I am no computer programmer, I consider myself computer literate and well above average in using applications like MS-Excel. Here are my biggest complaints with Kinnser: -there is no auto-save feature, which still causes me to lose information on a weekly basis (How hard is it to click save? Answer: Not especially hard, but if you make a few quick notes and get back to working with a patient, surprisingly so.) -The system is supposed to time out in 45 minutes if work isn't saved (note: this is not 45 minutes of no use, but 45 minutes of not being saved). This seems quite generous, but note that this is 45 minutes in theory. There are other issues with the time out feature as I will explain below. Today, I was writing in the assessment section and the time out screen popped up (warning you to "click here to stay signed in" or "click here to sign out"). A five minute timer runs in this pop-up window. Fair enough. But it had not been 45 minutes since I last saved and when I spoke with Customer Support (no wait time on the phone, which was nice), they told me that it had been only nine minutes since it last saved. I wouldn''t have even called Customer Support if the "Click here to stay signed in" button worked, but it didn't. It just reset the timer. Re-clicking it only reset the timer again. Indefinitely. So I called Customer Support. When I asked for an explanation as to why the timer feature was not working they told me that they had updated Kinnser the previous evening and since I had not cleared my cache and cookies , this essentially made the time-out clock poorly calibrated and not work. I can't refute that argument as I had only cleared my cache the previous afternoon, not previous evening. I pointed out that roughly fifty percent of the time the "stay signed in feature" does not work and either logs me out or just resets the clock indefinitely when the timer does show up. I clean my Browser's cache weekly. They had no explanation for this. (Customer support is again very patient and friendly throughout all of this). -Viewing past notes is very cumbersome as it will split the subjective written portion (or objective or assessment) into separate parts of the generated pdf. (The subjective portion will start at the beginning of the note, but then users will have to scroll down to the bottom of the note to read the rest of the subjective portion.) It's like reading a newspaper, but having to switch multiple times between the front page and some page in the middle of the paper. Very weird. I have not asked for an explanation for this. -While I did say the OASIS is fairly well organized for the initial run-through of the note, going back to edit could easily be made more efficient. Sections are divided into Prognosis/ADLs/Nutrition/Medication/Endocrine/etc pages, but if you have been asked by a supervisor to correct mistakes and (s)he only provides the "Moo Number" (ex. M-2205), and you aren't experienced enough in the OASIS to know immediately what section that is in, you have to go hunting for it. It would be great if they could put a "Moo Number" index with hyperlinks, or failing that, put the range of Moo Numbers for each page after on the menu screen. It would make navigating the OASIS for editing much faster. -K-mail. K-mail is a form of inter-office email. Imagine a pre-year 2000 web based email system. That's kmail. It works, it's functional, but that's it. If you reply or forward a kmail, the previous author's message is not indented or color changed. In the rare long kmail exchange, it could be near impossible to tell who wrote what or when one response starts or ends unless each author started and finished with a salutation. -Those last two complaints about the OASIS and K-mail are indicative of most of my concerns with Kinnser Software. It's that there are so many things that seemingly could be made more efficient or user-friendly without gutting the program, but remain unaddressed. If Kinnser was in Beta or a free program, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of its issues and annoyances. But Kinnser is not free. (I don't know how much my employer pays for a subscription relative to other EMRs.) I've used five different web-based EMRs in my short career/internships and while I had complaints about all of them (smart/cassamba, webPT, others I don't recall the name of now), none have so frequently frustrated me or resulted in lost data as often as Kinnser. Frankly, it drives me nuts. I've worked with Cassamba/smart much longer than Kinnser (10 months versus 3) but have only called Cassamba for support maybe three or four times. I call Kinnser with an issue possibly an average of almost once per week.

Richelle from Hospital & Health Care

Documentation

I am able to accomplish tasks, however, it is a tedious process

Pros

its safety features: times out after idle for period of time ability to save templates by name for future use with saved information

Cons

does not autosave, will lose data if you do not save--going to another patient's chart or signing out without saving, data is lost vitals info can only be inputed once, would be convenient to have vital input options before activity, during activity, and post activity Inability to retreat documents to edit once documents have been submitted unless administrator returns lengthy document

Darrell from Allegiance Home Health Services

Disappointing Start but happy with the product

Nurses stopped complaining about software that was too difficult to use.

Pros

User friendly Web-based Company stays on top of regulatory changes Online and web-based training library is comprehensive

Cons

New agency training stinks. It was 95% geared toward field nursing and 5% toward back office support. Of all the issues that we have had, I can honestly say 90% of them wouldn't have come up with proper training in the beginning. In hindsight, the most important issue that I did not know was that Kinnser does not systemically submit OASIS. I came from a software that had its issues, but in the 7-8 years I used it, I never once had to submit OASIS manually. It was done by the software vendor with no thought on my part. Therefore, when we switched to Kinnser, this wasn't an issue on my radar. I never thought to ask. We began using Kinnser in January 2017 and it wasn't until late March that we figured out OASIS wasn't being submitted. Then we had to go thru a setup process with Kinnser that should been part of implementation. The submitter ID was setup incorrectly which delayed submission. We had our first successful submission the first week in May, but meantime Palmetto/Medicare implemented a new rule on April 1, that they wouldn't pay any claims when the OASIS were submitted after 30 days. Palmetto denied payment in finals and recouped another in RAPs already paid. This minor issue costs my agency. Needless to say, Kinnser cut me off at the beginning of the next month because our payment was late. They didn't care that they contributed to the issue. In addition, we had multiple billing issues.

Abraham from A&N Steel

Competent but not Competitive

Pros

When I found out that a new client was using Kinser, or what they called Wellsky, I was skeptical because I had never heard of it before. When I was finally given clearance to use the software, I found it to be chock full of features and resources that even some competitors were slow to adopt. It can be difficult to use at times because of numerous technical bugs and some very avoidable issues with the OASIS resource, but it is very useful if you do not have another software for your medical company.

Cons

I did some research and was confident that I would be able to use The software with relative ease, especially after reviewing the so-called manual, which was really just a few pages of How-To for computer illiterates. I was wrong. It took WAY too long to understand this program before I realized that I wasnt losing my mind, but that the program itself was terribly plagued with bugs and technical issues. I am constantly signed out when Im barely idle for ten minutes, and sometimes I even click the stay signed button that pops up and Im signed out anyway, I cant seem to find clinical notes and data necessary for billing - its as if the PTs and RNs post them and then theyre lost in the Kinser Matrix. I have had more issues billing and exporting digital claim files with this software than any of its contemporaries. I can not recommend this until they get their act together.

August 2016

Charity from A Caring Touch for Seniors Home Care

2.5

2.5

August 2016

Used ADLware for my home care agency

Pros

ADLware was my first option for software when I first started the agency in Dec 2014 not knowing any better I went with them because I believed they could meet all the needs of my agency.

Cons

*System has bugs and crashes which I'm sure others do as well *Billing- I've been trying to split a invoice between the VA and Client for a month now and still have yet get tech support to allow me to let the VA pay for so many hours at a certain rate and the client at another rate and pay their portion (this is one of the main reasons I'm switching) *Don't allow families to pay invoice in software so families have to call office to pay over the phone *Alerts could be better some times I'm alerted by text sometimes I'm not

DENA from 1ST TEXAS HOME HEALTH

NEEDS UPDATING

Pros

EASE OF USE BY CLINICIANS AND OFFICE STAFF, EASY SCHEDULING, EASY BILLING, COMMUNICATION AMONG CLINICIANS, INTERNET BASED

Cons

NEEDS UPDATING OF TECHNICAL ASPECTS, NEEDS BILLING UPDATES, NEEDS GOAL AND INTERVENTION UPDATES, NEEDS POC UPDATES

Danei from Beyond Home Health Care Services

Overall easy to learn

The software improved significantly when the progress to goals was added

Pros

Easy to document all in one page. No need to go to different areas of a patient chart to add information regarding your visit/assessment

Cons

Not a lot of free text area on the assessment to document information not preset as part of the assessment form.

Rebecca from Pulse Homecare

Point of view from a field nurse

After years of paper charting out in the field and seeing other nurses with other companies use computers, I begged my superior to get something like that for us. Shortly thereafter we had our Kinnser system in place. From day one my world was changed! So much easier, faster, and complete. Being able to pull notes forward is amazing. This enables each note to stand alone and the next nurse out gets a complete picture of what's happening. I may write information in the cardiac drop down box, for example. I want everyone who sees's this pt to see this information, but if I had to rewrite it each time it would likely have just been charted on the first note and I wouldn't have rewritten it again. I love this system!

Pros

Biggest pro is pulling the last note, with it's information forward. If another nurse has seen the patient the week before, you see his or her note and have the latest information about what's going on. Being able to update the meds immediately in the home and generate orders and communications immediately on the spot saves tons of time. I feel safer in that I can pull up exact Dr's orders while out in the field. Less middle man communication.

Cons

I love love love the drop down boxes it enables more specific charting right under that specific body system when needed, unfortunately the pain section has no drop down box. This, to me, is a more important area than many of the others to have more room to write. You are limited under all sections under this title so that you are not able, at times to present a true picture and are left to chart what is happening elsewhere within the note. This would seem to be an easy fix. Please add more charting room here and I would be one happy nurse.

Heather from Atlantic Home Health Care, LLC

Awesome, easy, user friendly EMR

Pros

The interface is designed much like the internet itself which is easy for anyone from the field through the office to grasp and utilize. I even have my contractors using it. The reporting structures are pretty through. Now that they have added PPS Plus it is simply a Win Win.

Cons

I don't have dislikes. I don't know why I need to document so much to say the same thing. I do not have dislikes. I am very satisfied. I have even taken this software to other agencies where I have consulted.

Dyllan from OneCare Hospice of CA

We Love Kinnser

When I joined the company over 2 years ago, I was taught the ropes of Kinnser Agency manager and Kinnser Hospice. I thought and still think that it was very easy to navigate and learn everything I needed to know!

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it's very slow and customer service isn't very helpful. They have slow response times and sometimes even tell us they are unable to help.

Oksana from Willdong home health

Potential to be the best

I have been using kinnser software for the last 2 years. It's not bad, but could be better! For example: if there are 5 patients on my schedule for today, I want this software to have ability to show me the map with all of those patients on it, do I plan my route better! Right now I have to go from one patient profile to the other to find their address and where they are on the map to schedule my route. Also it needs to have a function to trigger reminders about pt/inr labs, etc...

Pros

User friendly

Cons

I hate not being able to see multiple patients and their schedules at the same time. Also very expensive...

Tricia from Helping Hands Home Health

RN, Director of Nursing

I went from using previous software to using Kinnser. Let me just say that Kinnser is so much better. It is extremely user-friendly, in ever aspeEasyct.

Pros

I love everything about it but I especially love the Kmail which increases communication with employees, keeps everyone up to date on current orders, etc...

Jane from Delta Montrose Home Health

This product does not come up to the promises made at initiation

Our team will never recommend Kinnser. Their staff are difficult to work with which does not help.

Pros

Use of iPads. The kmail system. There are really no Pros to this product to be discussed. It has been a constant up-hill struggle.

Cons

Where to begin. Customer support is awful....they promise to get back to you and then do not follow up so when you call back they do not know what you are talking about. We are a rural Home Health agency and are often out of service area and Kinnser has an offline feature that they charge extra for but that is cumbersome to use and usually does not work. There is no automatic save on any clinical note so unless you constantly "save" you can loose everything and have to start over. Billing scenario is a nightmare. You cannot use a secondary biller through Kinnser. You have to open several tabs to be able to look at more than one page of Kinnser. Many more issues, including being off-line too many times. For all the issues we have had they will not allow us to break our contract early. Kinnser is very expensive and one would expect high end service.

Richard from OneCare Hospice

The Best I have Ever Used!

Pros

I haven't used such an easy system for Home Health. I have had some pretty difficult systems but Agency manager by far is the easiest!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to think of but one I could say would be sometimes it freezes up on me and makes me lose what I was working on but that never really happens often for us. When it does, we just give the technical support a call and they usually just tell us it was a glitch and it should be fine if we log out and back in.

Clay from Western Summit Rehabilitation

We like Kinnser.

I own a therapy staffing service and work with approximately 8 agencies who use Kinnser. Each agency customizes their user rights to allow a variety of interfaces. We have used locked down versions that only allow extremely basic privileges and didn't like it. Versions allowing clinicians even a moderate amount of flexibility are far easier to use.

Pros

When agencies allow users to "use previous note" the system flows between the evaluation and the regular notes and then on to the discharge very well.

Cons

1) When agencies do not allow users to "use previous note" there are big information gaps between the initial evaluations, visit notes, reassessments and discharges. 2) The pain section of therapy notes don't allow clear documentation of interventions or results of intervention. 3) We wish it was easier to document the progress towards goals by having the goals project foward between all the visits, whether or not other clinicians have documented towards them.

La Juan from Chicot Memorial Medical Center Home Health

Kinnser Agency Manager

My agency has used Kinnser for 1 year and overall it is an excellent product. As with all Electronic Health Records, there are a few minor things we would change.

Pros

Billing overview you can see all or your claims in one place, if they are ready to go, and if they have paid. Documenting visits notes extremely easy to learn. Calendar view with visit types is very easy to follow. Customer service is immediate.

Cons

Rescheduling a visit date, I would like for it to be able to change it in more than one place.

Leslie from Intrepid

Could be a lot better

Over all, Could be a better product if you would consider the clinician out in the field and make more user friendly. I think it was geared to sell it to office admin.

Pros

Takes the place of a lot of paper, I can find out information without calling office, saves trips to office.

Cons

NO AUTO SAVE. I spend so much time rewriting notes because it doesnt always load correctly, or if Im busy with a pt for too long, it drops off line, I then chart more and when I save I find out NOTHING WAS SAVED.. modern software auto saves. The font is difficult to read on tablets, it does not work well on non iPad tablets. Information needed on a pt is not easily accesssble. You have to leave your note and Enter 2 more areas to get basic stuff like DOB, Dr info or medication info, then you risk LOOSING EVERYTHING YOUVE CHARTED BECAUSE IT DIDNT LOAD.theres got to be better solutions than this software.

Arica from Quality Home Health and Hospice

Extremely usable

Pros

Ease of use and helps satisfy all regulations to keep your agency compliant. Control remains in the hands of the administrative staff to reduce error rates.

Brittany from Trilogy Home Healthcare

Not what we needed

This system wasn't for us. Kinnser houses several smaller agencies and doesn't have the capability for a larger agency that does a lot of business. For a paperless system, we still use a lot of paper and man power to make sure things get done timely and efficiently.

Pros

There were very few pros for this. I liked the functionality for the clinicians and the sticky notes. I liked the ability to change their review percentages and I liked their workflow for reviewing items, but there were a lot of pros to this, as well. I liked that it was web based.

Cons

It lacked a lot of functionality and the ability to create hardstops; clinicians were able to submit blank notes and Oasis just so they could get paid. The QA process was lengthy. Everything had to be double checked because the ability to submit notes without hardstops. The QA percentage could be dropped, but missed visits wouldn't still go to QA manager so that the supervisor would know to make sure the physicians were notified. There are several gaps in the system.

Johanna from Renew Home Health

Kinnser EMR

Pros

Web based and ease of use for clinicians. That is really the only reason we continue to use them at this time.

Cons

We have used this system for years but have recently become quite unhappy with the product. This EMR has refused to take simple steps to assist agencies to be compliant with the new COPs. Example: They refuse to add a hospital risk assessment tool to the comprehensive assessment. This leaves their customers searching for a method to identify a patients hospitalization risk through outside resources. Instead of putting in standardized assessment tool, such as the ones they include for Pain Assessment, Fall Risk Assessment, Nutritional Assessment and Skin Assessment, they refer their customers to Riskpoint, an expensive "hospital risk management tool" add on Kinnser offers.

Michael from Swift Therapy Services

Kinnser a somewhat necessary evil.

Valerie from Helping Hands Home Health Care

Kinnser Software Review

Kinnser Software is basically "self-explanatory"! So far, Kinnser in itself has proved to be exceptional. The billing Manager thru Kinnser is so much easier than our previous software and cut down on my billing personally by several hours!!!! I don't know what else to say except give it a try. You really don't have that much to lose but everything to gain with Kinnser!

June 2012

Coleen from Optimal Care, Inc.

June 2012

Optimal Care, Inc. is a Medicare certified Home Health agency located in southeastern Michigan. Three nurses make up majority ownership of the agency and our nurse practitioner model of care is unique in the home health care market. We transitioned from a server based software system to Kinnser, a web-based software solution in 2010. After 2 laptops were stolen containing protected health information, it was vital to transition devices/software that does not store patient data. All of our clinicians complete point of care documentation utilizing iPads. Our conversion to Kinnser was seamless. We selected a conversion date and opened all new patients and recertified all active patients in the new software system. There was a 60 day overlap of systems, however, the transition to a web based solution was well worth the time and effort for conversion. The customer support team was knowledgeable and dedicated to guide us through the smooth transition. Kinnser is an extremely user-friendly software system. With this web-based, solution we have eliminated our IT department and license fees, reduced device, maintenance costs, as well as our training hours by 4/5. Our accuracy, timeliness, cash flow and clinical documentation have improved tremendously, helping us meet the demands of the current home health market.

Mohamed from Caring Angels HH

Rip off, they overstate your census to increase pricing every year.

I won't recommend it to any one.

Pros

Easy to use, with some .The organization of the program was easy to understandincluding the tabs on the top of the page

Cons

No auto save option . Some reports are not accurate and the numbers do not add up. That last two months we had a lot of glitches and errors in the system. Their support is not great and takes a lot of time to get anybody over the phone. The billing piece and A/R are poorly designed and has a lot of issues. The system is overpriced , and they increase pricing every year without any basis.They overstate the number for your census and tell you that we have increase pricing based on that. We are looking shopping for a different software now.

James from Griswold Home Care

Satisfied

Had never had a software system like this, so initial learning curve high. But after that would not want to be without it.

Pros

Very geared for our industry

Cons

Have to be very exact w info entered

Holly from FHH

A "bug" at every turn...

I thought my old documentation system was bad...but it can get worse.

Pros

I like that you can plot out the calendar for the entire certification period all at once at the beginning.

Cons

Where do I even start? The customer service is insanely horrible. A phone call will take you about 45 minutes to reach a person. When they talk with you, they will "have to look into that and get back with you." When they do get back with you, it will be a at least a week later, often with no resolution. Nothing flows that is supposed to flow. Every time something doesn't work, they say that it's "a bug and we're looking into it." The "training" didn't go over even half of the system. The email within the system doesn't time stamp and becomes a long jumbled mess. THIS SYSTEM HAS COST MY AGENCY STAFF AND AN INSANE AMOUNT OF MONEY. It very well may cost us the agency. I do not recommend this system AT ALL!!!!

CRISTI from HELPING HANDS HOME HEALTH

KINNSER

REALLY LOVE KINNSER. IT IS VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE AND HAS MADE MY WORK SO MUCH EASIER. I GET A LOT MORE THINGS DONE IN MY WORK DAY USING KINNSER THAN OUR PREVIOUS SOFTWARE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE.

Pros

VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE, UPDATES ARE ALWAYS TIMELY, PROGRAM WORKS FAST, EASY TO ADD AND DELETE VISITS.

Lola from Carepath Healthcare

Not too good an experience

Customer service experience is bad. You could be on hold for over 30 minutes and the call will eventually be cut . Even when you leave a call back number, they hardly return calls.

Pros

Saves a lot of paperwork. The weekly eligibility tests helps a lot in tracking change in payer source.

Cons

Navigating patient's home health episode is time consuming especially patients that has more than 3 episodes . It's disappointing that one could not even modify visit frequency on the OASIS once entered, even though not completed or even exported.

Kristin from Salus Home Health

Frustrating and out dated

Pros

ease of use by clinicians visit notes: populating information from note to note

Cons

Lack of response to issues, Out dated templates, not having current mandatory information from CMS on templates

Ashleigh from Heart 2 Heart `

Positive experience

Pros

The ease of training, and the xtra trading videos were a big help. I liked the price of the software.

Cons

Sometimes the system froze up and it would be a couple of hours before it started properly working again.

Krista from ETHH & ETM

This is the BEST product!

This system, compared to others, is better. Do not waste your time and money with other software.

Pros

Ease of use. Has written, as well as, online training and instructions. Customer Support response time is almost immediate. New users can train in less than 1 hour. Reports and software functions are "compliant". This software ensures "Survey Readiness". Training is flexible.

Cons

Take the extra time to utilize the offered Kinnser Agency Process Review. This was the most effective way to ensure your processes are going to be addressed within implementation training.

July 2016

Tai from Asian American Home Health Care, Inc.

July 2016

Kinnser ALDware

Pros

Their technical support staff is very friendly however they may not know the answer to your question. The reporting is very thorough. Ease of use would be great however their software is so slow it creates more frustration than anything.

Cons

1) As stated above, the software is very slow. Wait times per screen is 5 to 10 seconds. They say this was being fixed but it has gotten worse. 2) Bug issues are rarely fixed. We have not been able to use their mobile app since we signed on. This was brought up to them and still has not been fixed. Many of the software bugs we found have not been fixed and have been in development's hands for months now. 3) They are more concerned about rolling out new features and will not fix the old. 4) Many of the new features pertain to accounting.

Gemma from Home health

Got worse since Wellsky took over kinnser

the program is slow even though my internet connection is excellent.

Pros

Easy to use and access, easy to navigate the features and self explanatory. Other than that I cannot think of anything

Cons

get stuck when I am documenting, doing website work during the time I am documentation, why not do it after midnight.

Sohel from Maritime

Kinnser Agency Manager - Not the best out there

Pros

It covers all the detailed rules of Home Healthcare very precisely and makes it almost error-free. This saves lot of time and effort compared to doing the evaluation/notes manually

Cons

User interface and reports are tricky to use. It lacks ease of transition from one screen to another.

Amanda from ALN Senior Care & Home Services LLC

Kinnser

Kinnser is a good product for the money. As a brand new company starting out it did the job, however you get what you pay for and I believe we will re-evaluate our options when our contract is up.

Pros

Easy to navigate Easy billing Easy notes for caregivers

Cons

System does not always function properly Excessive saving needed slowing down your process regardless of what you are doing Clock in/out system does not operate as expected, times are never tracked correctly or visits aren't found when they attempt to clock in

Kristyn from Optimal Care, Inc

June 2012

Kinnser Agency Manager is awesome software for home health. I am the clinical leader and co-owner of a privately held medium sized home health care company. We have been using Kinnser for two years and are very happy. We switched from server based software to a web-based soft ware due to both patient privacy issues and to improve accuracy by mandating real time point of care documentation. Kinnser was an obvious choice for three main reasons: 1) Ease of use and training for field clinicians. 2) Functionality on iPads made having all full-time and per visits on point of care feasible. 3) Client support and commitment We can train an experienced home care clinician to use the system in less than 1 day. When I say we I am referring to clinical trainers and human resource staff. This software eliminated the need for an IT manager, which has allowed us to provide a truly meaningful clinical training from day one.

January 2015

Peter from Sunflower Home Health

January 2015

Kinnser Review

Pros

From the clinical point of view, it is a very good system. Of course, there is always room for improvement, but overall, it is better than the competitors on the clinical side in my opinion. The ownership and management are accessible and typically responsive to hear my concerns.

Cons

The time it takes by office support personnel to manage the scanning process of documents into the system.

Molar from Home health

New Ownership Not Good Service

Pros

User friendly, was good when it was with the original builder. Easy to navigate. Good reports options

Cons

With New owner the price now is Expensive with poor customer support, BEWARE and make sure read the contract cause theres a lot of Gray areas favoring the them.

Potential but is not carried out

Its okay, Ive used better documentation systems.

Pros

Can make templates to make documentation more efficient if you are seeing similar diagnoses, can easily see when things are due

Cons

Very hard to navigate once in the note, automatically logs out after 10 minutes of inactivity, doesnt save automatically which is super inconvenient at times

Robert from Vize Digital

Functional, but dated

Pros

It worked for what we needed, but lacked innovation

Cons

Terrible user interface, and desperate need for an app

Whinley from J and L Home health

its an ok software

Pros

PPS PLUS is what it is carrying for me right now. It basically is probably what makes it unique from other softwares. You don't need an icd 10 book to finish coding. PPS Plus so far is accurate and a perfect guide.

Cons

The ease of use as what their marketer says. I don't really find it user friendly enough. especially that you cannot open multiple windows with it without it acting up. Having multiple windows working separately definitely gives a user an edge.

Kevin from Shepherd Personal Hospice

Very Easy and Popular Software, Not perfect

Pros

Extremely popular, especially with your contracting therapy agencies Easy to use, simple Follows Medicare Requirements Good Support Staff

Cons

Very fixed software, customizability is hard to accomplish Not great billing HHRG information about what contributed to Oasis assessment points No DDE software as part of the agency manager

Jody from Thriver KC Services

September 2016

ADLware Lots of Potential, but...

Pros

Our agency is not a cookie cutter model, after extensive research I found Software Advice and told them about the most haves, the would like to haves, and the structure of our agengy. They narrowed our search and we decided to go with ADLware by Kinnser. They were very helpful in offering training and onboarding. That was their best strength.

Cons

As I stated, we are a different model than most and wanted to find a software program that was heavy is customization for agencies. We were sold on that. And unfortunately, that was the biggest let down with this software.

Kunal from Fremont Physical Therapy

PT review

Pros

I like how we can self navigate in kinnser

Cons

Data and reporting features are lacki ng significantly. It is not user friendly. Unable to transit in for to outside agencies easily.

June 2012

Terri from Guardian Home Health Care Inc.

June 2012

I have been using Kinnser for two years and I can't imagine a system that is easier to use or a company that is as responsive to their clients as Kinnser. This is my first experience with an Electronic Medical Record system... or any medical record system because I don't have a health care background. If I can learn this system as quickly as I did, any one can! I cannot say enough good things about Kinnser's staff. From the CEO and down the line each and every person is kind, friendly, skilled and responsive. Every call or email question, inquiry, or suggestion is acknowledged and responded to within at least 24 hours. I would highly recommend this product and this company to everyone.

TIM from PREBLE HOME HEALTH SERVICES, LLC

KINNSER IS CLEAR FOR PT EVALUATIONS

Pros

CLEAN FORMS, WEB BASED, OASIS IS CLEAR AND EASY TO PERFORM, GOOD BILLING DUTIES, DASHBOARD IS GREAT,

Cons

PRICE!!!! PRICE!!! CALENDAR IS HARD TO FILL OUT AND WOULD BE BETTER IF IT LOADED FROM EVALUATION, GOALS SHOULD BE LISTED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO ADDRESS FROM PTA NOTES

October 2015

Alicia from Orlando Senior Health Network

October 2015

Buyer Beware

The financial applications do not work. Balances are created twice (or more) causing huge overstatements in revenue and AR. This occurred in our agency in 2012 and we were assured it was fixed. Many people in our company lost their jobs because of the huge financial impact of these overstatements. After using a manual spreadsheet for 2 years, we transitioned back to using their financial reporting and it is occurring again. The VPs of the company know about the problems and do not alert their clients. They are unable to give timeframes on fixing the problems and seem unconcerned.

Response from Kinnser Software

Replied November 2015

Hi Alicia, We are sorry to hear that you've experienced difficulty with the financial applications within Kinnser Software. I understand that the leaders of our Product and Services Teams are working with your agency to resolve the issues you've encountered and I trust that they will be able to alleviate your concerns. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to email me at angie.li@kinnser.com. We value your business and feedback, and as your software partner, we take your concerns seriously. Angie Li