All Horizon Reviews

Love it!

The customer service department is outstanding! They are constantly adding new features and upgrades.

PROS

Very clean and professional report! Myself an my clients like the live links to switch between sections of the report.

CONS

There not very many options in the infield app in regards to the annotations on the pictures which means more time at home on the computer verses spending time with the family.

Hi Chris, we appreciate your review. We're proud of how unique and effective the report is to use for Home buyers. If your clients love your reports then we've done our job.

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

The best reporting system that we have ever used!

Exceptional, could not be happier!

PROS

I think that the way our reports look is very important to how they are perceived by our clients. Prior to using Horizon we would have phone calls every day with questions about our reports. It wasn't that the reporting wasn't clear, it's just that by comparison, the Horizon reports are so easy to read and understand that our clients just don't have questions. It has saved us a tremendous amount of wasted time on the phone.

CONS

The only criticism I have is that I would like to be able to duplicate pictures in the system. In other words, if I have a photo in the report that I would like to use a second time, or in two different locations, I have to upload the photo again. I would like to be able to simply COPY the phot and move it to where I want it. The other thing would be to be able to change the order of the photos in whatever section I'm in... the photos go into the report in the order that they are taken, I want to be able to slide them left or right to put them in the order I want. It helps to tell the "story" better.

Reason for choosing Horizon

It's just better. Most of the other reports have too much stuff on the pages or are checklist type reports which is confusing, our Horizon reporting is very easy to read and understand... that is critical for our clients and for us as a company.

Reasons for switching to Horizon

The HomeBook was not keeping up with the times. We wanted something that we could use our phones to be able to do our reporting and the HomeBook did not have that option, Horizon did. We switched to Horizon over 10-years ago.

We appreciate your feedback and great hearing what your customers think about the final reports. Keep up the great work!

Doug

1 employee

Reviewed March 2017

Great check list software, but fails to allow for a library of specific narrative

I feel a need to describe specific issues of the inspection with narrative comments, and although 'Horizon' allows you to view the last comment, it has no allowance for reference to a library of past related comments that I have made, which I could reference to a current situation. Horizon refers to a vast theory data base but doesn't allow for me to describe specifically the clients situation in my own words unless I type them in each report....which I feel is necessary in giving them a 'client specific' inspection report. I prefer a narrative based report and being able to refer to my past comments, rather than a checklist report.

PROS

The interactive nature of the reporting, scheduling , billing etc

CONS

I have to type my 'client specific' comments each time they may be required instead of being able to reference each one and tweaking them to my specific report needs. I understand that one can refer to the last comment, but I don't think you can scan a library of comments for quick reference to one that meets ones specific needs.

Hello Doug, We appreciate your feedback and trial of Horizon Inspection Software. Horizon comes loaded with over 6000 comments ready for Home Inspectors to use out of the box. Horizon lets you easily add custom comments on the fly to build your narrative library. Use our Power Search and SpeedWrite features to save time reporting. We'd be happy to arrange a free demonstration or help with your specific needs at carsondunlop.com or 800 268 7070 ext. 243

Replied August 2017

Chad

Reviewed September 2023

The best full service inspection software.

Horizon realizes more than any other software that time is precious, whether yours or your clients and is laser focused on saving it. They are constantly upgrading the system with an eye towards making things easier and faster while not sacrificing the end product. My typical day includes 2 inspections with reports on site averaging 3-4 hours at each inspection, answering the phone, booking new inspections and travelling on average 300-400 km. There is no way I could do it without Horizon.

PROS

The mobile app is fast and responsive. The report writes itself as you do the inspection.Everything is integrated, once information is entered in the work order Horizon looks after everything from contracts to reminder and follow up emails. Less time spent on the booking and administration side of the business means more time inspecting and with clients. I also like the all in pricing. I get access to all Horizon's features for one price.

CONS

There have been recent issues with photo upload in the app. Hopefully short lived.The booking side of the system needs updating to a more mobile friendly system that matches the inspection app for speed and efficiency

We love the All-In-One capabilities as well! We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to growing to the future.

Matt

13 Year Daily User of Horizon Inspection Software

100 % Happy with this product and this can be seen with 13 Years of loyalty to them! Thank You Horizon!

PROS

I've been using Horizon Report Writing Software since my company was opened 13 years ago and I can honestly say that this software is the best out there. I've had a couple offers from other companies to try their software and after using their trial version, It's quite easy to see the difference between the various types of software. My client always tell me how easy the report is to read and navigate trough it. The report look very professional and this software is super easy to use. User friendly and updated with great diagrams and information for customers is hands down the best! I will continue to use them regardless of the price because I like paying for quality as do my clients for quality inspections and reports.

CONS

I honestly have no cons about the software. The price tends to be a bit higher than some but paying for quality is a no brainer. Their customer service is always ready to help and this is very important to me.

Thank you Matt! We love to hear your customer feedback on your reports and professionalism. The Horizon Team

Allan

Unique in My Area

There was a month or so when the desktop Offline version wasn't working and it took several calls to Support to get it going again.

PROS

I started using Horizon about 7 years ago. It took a few reports to get the hang of it, Like any others.What i like the most is the way it fills in my writing that I have already written before. I also like the way I can work on it with my laptop when I dont have internet access. I like the descktop version. I do 99% of the reports ont he desktop version and then go into the online version to finish up.

CONS

I have asked before if there was a way to start a new section without it going to the next Page. It leaves a big blank area and makes the report look longer. To me, I don't care, but I get comments back from realtors about how long they are.

Reason for choosing Horizon

Honesty Cant remember. I think I was finishing up my 2 week course in St. Louis and there was a Rep there or a booth and I liked how the pictures worked.

We appreciate hearing your feedback and comments. Glad the support team was able to resolve the offline issues to get you back up and running.

Ricardo

Game changer for Home Inspector

PROS

For more than 20 years, Horizon Home Inspectors has been the backbone of my inspection business, providing me with essential support. Their app is incredibly user-friendly and helps me cover all the bases during inspections. I love how I can customize the checklist to fit each property. But what really stands out is their top-notch customer service—they're always ready to go the extra mile. After two decades in the industry, I can confidently say that Horizon Home Inspectors is the best, and I wouldn't dream of using anything else. This app is like a trusted friend, and I highly recommend it to anyone serious about improving their inspection process.

CONS

The only minor hiccup I've encountered is that occasionally the program can be a bit slow, but it's a small inconvenience compared to the overall efficiency and quality of the Horizon Home Inspectors app.

Thank you Ricardo! We think so too

The beauty of horizon

So far, it has been good using horizon.

PROS

It is easy to use and to navigate through. The generated reports from horizon are neat and not too busy as I have seen with other reporting tool.

CONS

Inability to introduce personal or external illustrations other than what is in horizon. The issue of distorting my photos when I load it without working on the size. It usually lead to waste of time for me editing my photos and increase the time for me to turn out my report.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with the Horizon software system. We truly appreciate your input and are delighted to hear that you've had a positive experience with our product and support team.

Karen

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Adaptable

Love the program, support system, clients find it easy to read, love the reference links even though I still purchase the Home Reference Book for clients.

PROS

I do alot of mentoring and it is easy to train new inspectors on this system. If they have issues a phone call works to navigate it with them. Live the add on Tarion, WETT, commercial tabs life is easier 1 program for all business needs.

CONS

None really it is all I have ever used and easy to use, new inspectors find it easy to navigate

Thank you for your time to review Horizon! We use it for training new inspectors as well as many other educational institutions!

Tom

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Home Inspection Report Writing Software

PROS

Horizon has a clean interface, is intuitive, has little/no learning curve and produces good looking reports. It is also quite customizable but not in an overwhelming way that some other programs offer.

CONS

The inability to format text (bold, italic, colour, etc.) is frustrating at times and terrible page breaks which make some reports look a bit odd.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment Tom! We're glad you and customers love the professional format, content and overall presentation. We'll reach out to show you more cool features to customize text and layout.

Replied May 2019

Reviewed April 2019

Very good, but could be excellent

Quick and fast report generation. Required items checklist is also very helpful. Being able to import boilerplate text entries created by third-party companies would be very easy, and make set up for new users quick.

PROS

Quick and easy Report generation and field notes. Marketer is great for automatic Communications.

CONS

Lack of simple additions that would make life easier for home inspectors. Examples. Customer contact information phone number excetera in Google Calendar entries. The ability to click on a field in the homepage of the website to bring up that section of the work order. At present you have to click on work order and then the section you want. Also, an indication of whether it is paid or contract signed at the homepage would be very useful. Repetitive standardized tasks could be simplified. For example custom report type selections on the report publishing page. For example a drop-down menu could be report type A, and when selected it would automatically check certain of the option boxes, fill out the email, and put the typical email addresses, for example to the client and CC the realtor. Having to click okay every time I take a picture in Horizon mobile for Android is redundant because if I click back I will end up in the same place. Not being able to swipe left or right in the mobile on Android to select description or recommendations.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I will pass this along to the team. We'll soon be adding a feature allowing you to submit and rate feature requests mush easier.

Public Safety, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Excellent Reporting Tool

I use Horizon Software numerous times a week. I like how you can generate the report on the fly with the mobile app, and you don’t have to worry that you’re missing anything.

PROS

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the software.

CONS

The online version can be a little wonky sometimes.

Reason for choosing Horizon

Layout and readability were important, and Horizon was the best. Upgrades over time make custom reports a breeze and clients and realtors love them. My reports have been called the Mercedes Benz of reports. The online seminars and customer service are top notch as well. Horizon makes my company look great! I highly recommend. Dave Astorina Green Home Heroes, LLC

Great hearing from you David! We appreciate learning your clients and agents love your reports and knowing you won't miss anything. Thanks again!

Replied November 2020

Jean

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Long time user

As a long time user of the Horizon software I am very pleased with the product and the service. Over the years the software has been improved and updated regularly without my involvement. The customer service is excellent - an important feature for a one-man operation such as mine. I have received compliments from both clients and agents on the report quality. Although there was initially a learning curve to overcome the report writing time has now become very reasonable. I recently read an online comment about the Horizon software where it was referred to as the gold standard. I fully agree! representative

PROS

My favorite feature is the off site data storage.

CONS

It's not free. Kidding aside, it does represent excellent value.

Thank you Jean! We appreciate the experience and knowledge you bring with your review. Glad the Horizon team and software has been a good fit for your business.

Replied June 2019

Clint

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Horizon keeps your head in the inspection and not looking at your device!

Technical support has been top notch! They are patient and personable, most of my interactions were errors on my end. You can tell they really love their jobs and are doing their best to give you a great product

PROS

Everything is easy to customize and tailor to your specific needs, lots of built-in captions for defects so the homeowner knows exactly what you're trying to tell them.

CONS

The mobile app is glitchy sometimes and occasionally fails to load photos on the first try.

Customization options and layout

Thanks for making the switch. You've made a great choice and things are only getting better.

Replied January 2023

Leigh

Reviewed March 2019

Horizon is a great report writing suite

I have used Horizon for over 6 years now, and while I have looked at a few other software providers, none has shown me any reason to move away from Horizon. I would (and do) recommend Horizon to my colleagues.

PROS

Horizon is pretty progressive - I find it intuitive to use and constantly improving.

CONS

The final look of the report could use some updating, and I believe Horizon is working on that constantly.

Thanks Leigh! We are constantly working on introducing more flexibility to our reports and with the new Report Designer, you can take complete control over the appearance and presentation of your inspection reports. You can read about the new features of Report Designer at https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/features/report-writing/

Replied March 2019

Russ

Reviewed September 2023

Great Product, time for the new software launch…

PROS

Great tool for remote data collection and report production.

CONS

The expense and issues for the past 18 months, still waiting for new software launch.

Reason for choosing Horizon

Product was linked with CarsonDunlop.

We also appreciate your trust in Horizon and association with Carson Dunlop. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to enhance our product and service offerings.

Mike

Good but not great

I really like the reports that horizon generates. The app is easy to use to capture inspection data once you've got it mapped out. I don't like that it's still tied to a desktop. It's feels antiquated. There should be more options on the app like video recording and full photo editing. There should be no need to ever sit down at a desk to finish up the report.

PROS

The report that the software generates is second to none

CONS

Feels more dated than some other software

Hi Mike, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your comments and we are working hard to provide continuous improvement for Horizon. We will keep you updated with new changes as we make them. Team Horizon