All ezyVet Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Ezyvet Review: EzyVet is best for Growing Vet Practices!

Dina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2020

Clear choice for our non-profit animal sanctuary and spay/neuter clinics

The implementation team was stellar in helping us switch from Avimark to ezyVet. The conversion team did an outstanding job with almost no involvement from us. All data was converted accurately. Again, because we are not the 'normal' type of customer for ezyVet, our implementation manager needed to find ways to handle many unique things that we required that would not be a requirement for a regular vet clinic. He was almost always able to come up with a great solution. We were very pleased. The support team is very responsive and very knowledgeable. Their ticketing system works well for our staff to input their question or concern and get the direction they need. Turnaround is good.

PROS

We are a non-profit animal sanctuary and the majority of our medical services are provided to the approximately 1700 animals we have at the sanctuary at any given time. They are a wide variety of species and their services run the gamut of simple shelter medicine (vaccines, spay/neuter, simple meds) to very complex services (surgeries, hydrotherapy, alternative medicine, wildlife rehabilitation, etc.). We needed a solution flexible to handle all of these variations. ezyVet offered full functionality to manage care for all of our types of animals and types of customers, and was able to successfully report by these breakouts. We also rolled out ezyVet to our spay/neuter clinic which serves our animals, non-profits and public customers. The key things we were looking for when we selected ezyVet were: > System stability > System accessible from anywhere (cloud based) > Able to handle unique pricing of services for our animals, employees, non-profits, and public customers; pricing model also varied by type of product/service > Able to report expenses and revenue by categories of our animals, employees, non-profits and public customers > Able to use same software for both types of clinics > Incorporates whiteboard (integrated with SmartFlow) > Seamless integration with our lab, x-ray and ultrasound equipment and vendors > Significant paperless functionality > Management of clinic inventory > All data available via API ezyVet met all of our criteria.

CONS

Since we are a non-profit, the standard reporting in ezyVet does not provide most of what we are looking for. We are pursuing bringing the data into our data warehouse via the API so we can create our own reports. Also, the learning curve was quite steep. ezyVet is not easy to learn for the less tech savvy staff. However, once they learned it, it has been fairly easy to use. We have used the client portal at our spay/neuter clinic. Because of our unique clientele of shelters and rescues having many animals per client, we have experienced problems with using the portal for viewing records but it has worked well for scheduling appointments. We are setting up the client portal for internal use at the sanctuary for scheduling appointments and getting answers to medical questions. We have experienced some limitations in the functionality to set up questions and answers.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

ezyVet had most all of the features we wanted already. The others would have needed to add some functionality. A few references we contacted, either given to us by ezyVet or from others we network with, gave ezyVet very high praise.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Avimark had become very unstable for us and we wanted to move to a cloud-based product. We needed a lot of new functionality and because of the instability of Avimark and not being cloud-based, we decided to pursue another option rather than adding on to Avimark. Our version of Intravet was very out of date and it was very limited in functionality.

Thank you for the awesome review, Dina! We're glad to hear that you and the Best Friends Animal Society team are happy with ezyVet. I'm about to pass on your feedback to our Support and Implementation teams, who will get a real kick from it. We appreciate that the complexity of our software can require some learning time so we have a really exciting new development in the pipeline, which will tackle this learning process. Watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

Replied July 2020

Bonnie

Reviewed August 2023

Do yourself a favor and get EzyVet already

So glad I switched to EzyVet in 2018. They continue to improve.

PROS

We joined EzyVet in 2018 before they merged with Idexx. It was well fleshed out in terms of features and actually was constantly improving (contrary to Idexx Neo!). I love the ability to create email and record templates that make my life easier. Integration with Idexx now has just improved things. I hope the awesome customer support continues with Idexx now owning them.

CONS

Switching over, setting up and learning the new software took about 4 months, but then it was worth all the initial growing pains.Some people might say it’s expensive vs other softwares, but we all know you get what you pay for. If your vet hospital grows, that cheap software won’t likely be doing you favors down the road.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

It was recommended by a vet specific business coach.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Cornerstone was server based (used it since 2000) and I wanted cloud based software when I opened my new hospital in 2016. I started with Neo in 2016, but it had dismal reporting (not good if you want to manage your business or if you need to finesse paying vets with pro-Sal) and seemed very under-developed at the time.

Look elsewhere

This has been one of worst softwares I have ever experienced.

PROS

Cloud based and their fluff up talk about how they are staying in front of the market place, customer support, ease of use, etc.

CONS

Everything. False promises of being a easy software to integrate with other software providers using their API integration. They are very restrictive on who they will actually integrate with, they hold your database hostage. Customer support is awful, most of the ones you talk to is there first day with no training. Wellness plan management is a nightmare. This list could go on and on. Stay away.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

Seemed like the best option and was highly recommended from our veterinary exclusive accountants.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Cloud based and all the other false promises EzyVet talked about.

Hi David, We are sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience. With regards to your data, you can export it directly from ezyVet any time using the Records Export tool (Admin section). Data sovereignty is vital and why our legal terms and conditions state that you own your data. Here are a couple of key reasons we have all integrations going through the API, rather than the database directly: Speed: interacting with the database directly can slow the system down. Security: the database is an attack vector for intruders (hence why many server-based systems have issues with Ransomware). As far as 3rd-party integration partners, we need to be careful who has access to clinic data and also look out for the little guys. Many clinics do not have the legal expertise to understand what some of these third-party companies are able to do with their data (i.e. sell it to other parties). Hence any 3rd-party integrations go through a rigorous vetting process. Best The ezyVet Team

Replied August 2020

Anthony

Reviewed March 2024

Overall average charting software.

Overall, I find it to be very comparable to other products it is competing against.

PROS

The major features are intuitive enough.

CONS

Not enough control to create templates and edit them for users, we are struggling to get the templates we need and want because the users have no control of this, only admin, and then it increases the workload. Overly specific timestamps cause more problems than they help solve.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

ImproMed is really only formatted for one clinic because it uses a local server but ezyVet is cloud based so it works better for 2 offices and we now have 2 offices running high volumes and need better support for that.

Petra

Veterinary, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Makes my life as vet tech very easy!

Great! I really enjoy most aspects of it and it makes a lot of sense.

PROS

Very user friendly for record keeping and I love the picture option for pets.

CONS

The bill takes a long time to view, especially the ones with lots of line items. Also needs a better section for medications that the patient is currently taking, including doses that may be changed when communicating with the veterinarian without seeing the patient.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

I couldn't find UVIS (University Veterinary Information System). it is by the Ross Group (University of GA) . Administration changed to ezyvet. UVIS was not user friendly at all.

Denise

Reviewed November 2023

Conversion to ezyVet Beneficial

PROS

EzyVet has been a game changer for our practice. It has significantly reduced the amount of time that our doctors need to write medical records. It has helped us streamline our workflow. It is much better integrated in terms of record management thus reducing double entry.

CONS

The appointment scheduling could use a bit of upgrading, particularly to avoid double booking. Also, it would be nice to be able to see client/patient notes when scheduling from the calendar.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

EzyVet medical records were more efficient

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Cornerstone is cumbersome. It has a steeper learning curve. The medical record keeping was wholly inadequate.

Jin

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Good product but kind of expensive.

Overall, I like it and do not regret going with ezyvet.

PROS

Very versatile and able to customize the product according to your practice.

CONS

Cost and some of the features are not perfect. It is hard to describe it here.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

Other colleagues highly recommended this product.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

I wanted to go paperless. The one that previous vet had was a covetrus impromed, very old software that used ms-dos type.

Reviewed December 2023

Amazing features and ease-of-use

PROS

Efficiency of note taking, speed/ease of working from home, straightforward functionality and organization.

CONS

Not coordinating fully with all lab equipment (IDEXX is good, but Zoetis labs do not entirely coordinate), group codes not able to be used in estimates makes things a little harder

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Needed a product that was faster-moving and would allow for more efficiency overall. The cloud-based tech makes it easier to work from home or anywhere else that has internet or a hotspot can be set up.

Alison

Reviewed May 2024

EzyVet could be easier

PROS

There are a few things that I like compared to our past system. There is an ease of use and as a Client Service Representative that is fantastic. Payment are also very easy. I love that I can email everything straight from the software versus having to download everything. Appointment confirmation is very easy to do as well.

CONS

On the veterinary assistant and CSR side, easy of use can be tough when it comes to medical records and where to look for certain things. I also do not like when I am trying to navigate out of a patient chart and I click on the schedule and it automatically prompts to make an appointment. This can be a very frustrating thing.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Owner sold the practice to Western Vet Partners and they all use this software.

Sabrina

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Ez to learn!

PROS

I like ezyvet more than other softwares I have used. It is easy to use and is constantly updating to make everything more efficient.

CONS

The only think I dislike about ezyvet is that it is not able to link to sister clinics that we have.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Moved jobs to a new company which made it easy.

Amanda

Reviewed August 2019

No more piles of charts on my desk!

We have captured a lot of "missed" charges with ezyVet and that is always a positive!!! It has also improved our efficiency and I no longer have days of unfinished charts on my desk. I enjoy the software and am happy.

PROS

Overall I love the software, once we have customized it for what we need it helps myself and my team be more efficient, miss less charges, and have more detailed records. I am very pleased with the transition and feel that we made a great choice switching from IntraVet. I can easily access the software from anywhere, including my phone or tablet at home in a pinch and feel very comfortable with the security that they offer. We can easily email or text clients directly from the software, so it cuts down on time sucking procedures where we had to print items out, scan them and then email or fax to the client.

CONS

I have very few pet peeves, the biggest being that there is no "minimum" pricing for medications. This is problematic for many of our injectable medications and we had to create a lot of extra codes based on weight classes for certain meds to make sure that pricing was fair for all weight ranges. There has been a feature request for this since before we changed software and I do not feel that it would be hard to implement.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

IntraVet was no longer efficient for us, and we had an issue with our server being hacked despite our best efforts to secure it. The software was outdated and we could not easily communication from it to clients, and the lab work and other items did not integrate easily. I had used IntraVet for almost 20 years and was reluctant to change from what I knew, but I am glad that I did.

Hi Amanda, Thank you for your great feedback! We're happy to hear you've made a good transition from your previous software. We've looked into your "minimum" pricing concern and have added a guide to our knowledge base. We look forward to helping you grow so keep us in the loop on any other ways we can help! Regards, the team at ezyVet

Replied August 2019

Joel

Reviewed May 2020

Ezyvet and COVID changes

The best answer to the problems we are solving due to Ezyvet is that we can now be proactive due to the data it provides and in the process get our clinic to meet or exceed in a positive manner industry benchmarks. It allows us to identify and focus on them. Overall, Ezyvet seems to be an all encompassing program that has been very adaptable to our needs. Not only changing our dental programs, adding in desexing / vaccine clinics, but in being able to deal with the special needs of our location (we are in Guam, with internet/power issues, connectivity issues, poor wifi areas, 3 - 7 days for priority mail (no express mail services), and other issues of being far away from everything and everyone in a 2nd world situation. WE WANTED A SUPPORTED SYSTEM AND WE HAVE RECIEVED MORE SUPPORT, RAPID SUPPORT, AND FOLLOWUP THAN EVER EXPECTED. This in our eyes makes them #1

PROS

Ezyvet has dramatically changed our veterinary practice. I can go to the performance reports and get the data I need for any time period desired. This has allowed us to be pro-active in changes. Data revealed that our Dentistry services were severely underused and dental products not being sold. Recognizing this in actual data (as opposed to our erroneous belief) has resulted in a new push to dramatically increase our dental services. This is an ongoing update and we can monitor its success. And it is already successful. Covid however caused us to make changes significant changes to the flow and care of our patients. There are status flags that we basically ignored before COVID. However, we found them to be our major communication "device" as we changed our procedures once COVID happened. All staff could now see where the patient was - in regards to treatment/discharge/collection/etc.. Nothing new needed to be learned, the system was already set up for us to use. The change to using it was rapid, the learning curve was quick and done. This showed us how flexible Ezyvet is and how it can change with our needs. We additionally added in Vaccine clinics and spay and neuter clinics, mostly to ease the overload we have due to everyone being home and observing their pets (and spending their Govt issued money). Ezyvet allowed us to make specific prices for those days only, and track the data so that we could improve at the next clinic. Ezyvet is adaptable to our nee

CONS

The tagging system is a bit complicated for me, but thank goodness for our hospital administrator and IT person. They fully understand it and use it well. Maybe I will get the hang of it - but since they are doing so well at it .................. However, my biggest complaint is that I write out an estimate for a client, send it to them (or whatever) and then rely on it for when the service is to be performed. However, I then have to write an entire new invoice when the procedure is performed. I do not understand why the estimate cannot be instantly converted into an active invoice - while maintaining the estimate in its original form. To me this is double work and frustratingly inefficient.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

They work with MAC products. Support and flexibility. Mostly support.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Poor support, poor data compilation, difficulty with flexibility.

Thank you so much for another fantastic review, Joel! We really appreciate you taking the time. I have shared your estimates feedback internally amongst the team. Hopefully we can find a nice easy solution to cut down your current double handling. Once again, thank you very much and all the best to the whole team in Guam. Best The ezyVet Team

Replied June 2020

Jayme

Veterinary, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great cloud-based veterinary practice management software

Very smooth implementation. We have monthly meetings with them and they even visit our hospital on occasion to make sure they’re addressing all of our pain points. All of their customer service are very friendly and helpful. Aside from the occasional extreme slowness, we’ve been very happy with ezyVet.

PROS

I like that it’s intuitive, 100% cloud-based, has several integrations that we use daily and is constantly updating the functionality and ease of use. The reminder system and now added telemedicine functionality really set it apart. I also like that we can text clients and if they text back it goes directly into the clinical record. Several recommendations that we have suggested, they have implemented. I can also get a human being on the phone 24/7/365, which is unheard of for most EMRs. A+++

CONS

Occasional slowness and the number of communications that can be sent cap out at about 1 per every 15 seconds. For a company of almost 300 people who send thousands of reminders per day, it can cause a significant delay. The inability to trend blood values is also disappointing. Our previous software allowed us to do it, but ezyVet can’t at this time. The reporting functionalist also leaves a lot to be desired, but they are working on improving that as well. You can’t data mine very easily. If a particular word is mentioned in a clinical record, there isn’t an easy way to find all of the records with that word unless you take the time to tag each record.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

We liked the workflow, customer support and integrations offered by ezyVet the best.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The support and updating of our previous software was lackluster at best. It almost seemed like we were an imposition when we asked for enhancements or had problems with it. I believe the human side of their software was getting all of their attention as it is likely more lucrative, so we get it. It was also not cloud based and we were responsible for providing the server and backing up all of our data. exyVet is way better.

Thank your for your review Jayme. It's good to hear that you and the Veterinary Specialty Center team are getting value for the switch to ezyVet. Thank you too for the feedback around improvements we can make. I've shared it with the Product team and will get these features into the mix if they aren't already. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Replied July 2020

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Review from a new user.

Overall our experience has been very positive. They were upfront about the work that would be involved in making the transition and were supportive of our team. Our implementation team was great and handled a very unique launch week involving COVID issues and outside stressors to the clinic team. They were patient and flexible with our team during the stressful time. Post launch the Ezyvet Support that I have worked with have been helpful and prompt in the follow up. I rarely have to wait for help on an urgent issue and it's great having 24/7 support for the system. I would recommend this as a great option for others moving to the cloud and just recommend that you prepare for a fair amount of work as you would any software transition.

PROS

We've enjoyed the most the fact that Ezyvet integrates so well into many of our existing systems and allows us to connect with our clients in new ways straight through the system without having to turn to a different software solution. Features such as texting messaging, emails, enhanced client portal with online booking, and the greater degree to which we have control over how communications are sent out to your clients have been welcome features.

CONS

Making the transition from Cornerstone has been difficult for staff because of the new aspect of determining at what level communications should be housed. It's a beneficial feature being able to house a communication at the client verus patient versus clinic record level but has slowed us down in the first 6 months post launch working through those challenges. Some of the information also converts in a less than ideal way from Cornerstone as attachments within Ezyvet.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

We made the change due to lack of innovation in our current practice management software and client friendly features that never seemed to be a focus. We also made the decision so that we could move away from the need for local servers and issues that went along with that.

Marian

Reviewed March 2021

Would switch to ezyVet over and over again!

Love ezyVet. Always have great experiences when working with the support team. Our practice has been able to continue to grow in part due to the continued advancements that ezyVet is constantly making. Not everything integrates with them because they are still newer as a practice management software but that is slowly starting to change.

PROS

How efficient it is. After implementing, we FELT the time save and how much easier it makes your processes.

CONS

How much set up on the front end it was. I understand though because part of what makes this software so great is how much works on the back end. However, in order for it to work well behind the scenes, it takes a lot of set up in the beginning.

Reason for choosing ezyVet

It could do more and was more advanced.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Because we were outgrowing Avimark (server based software). We wanted something that looked newer and functioned more robustly that could keep up with our practice growth.

Thanks for your great review, Marian. It's great to hear that you are enjoying all the functionality, which is helping increase efficiencies and help saving time for the clinic. We do appreciate it can be a big learning curve transitioning onto a new system, but we are glad to hear that hard work has really paid off. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Cheers, Team ezyVet

Replied March 2021

Sam

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Worth the switch! HVMS to Ezyvet

The best part about this company is the innovation and their superb customer service. 24/7 friendly support that can quickly answer any needs and get your questions answered without having to sit on hold for forever.

PROS

The calendar, scheduling, internal memos, Dashboard features, clinical layout make each staff members workflow efficient and easy to trace so other staff members can follow up and assure all tasks and patient care is completed

CONS

The records and financial data are sometimes difficult to get. Not as streamlined as I would like

Reason for choosing ezyVet

Price, ease of use, customer service, promptness and responsiveness, ability to accommodate both our equine & small animal clinic and their unique needs

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

HVMS Couldn't accommodate the needs we had for our small animal clinic in their PIMS.

Thanks for leaving this lovely review Sam! We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with ezyVet and that it was worth the switch. Glad to see you and the team are experiencing an increase in your workflow efficiencies. Thanks again! Sincerely yours, The ezyVet team

Replied January 2022

Shannon

Reviewed June 2022

Best choice for our practice

I think ezyVet has been beneficial to our practice. The automated tasks have been especially useful in sending reminders to clients. I also like that they have added the ability to send payment links to clients. The more we can do to make things easier for our clients, the better

PROS

I like that the software is constantly changing and that most things can be customized for our needs.

CONS

ezyVet isn't able to configure some of the ways that I prefer to set up pricing. At times, I've needed to be a bit creative in order to price things how I would like while also keeping accurate inventory.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

DVMax was an antiquated server based software and we were looking for a cloud based software to use across numerous locations.

Thank you Shannon for your review! We strive to ensure that our software is being updated in ways that are most beneficial to our customers, so we are glad that you're finding our options in customization and remote payments helpful. Our product team is always looking for ways to improve our setup and functionality of pricing, so your feedback is very helpful. Please also feel free to reach out to our support team, who are available 24/7 for any help or tips on making ezyVet work best for you! Kind regards, The ezyVet team

Replied June 2022