Browse eviivo Reviews

Derek from TheMeetings.ie

Simple to use. Value for money.

99% of the time it works flawlessly. Good support but not the fastest in responding to queries.

Pros

Simplicity. There is a free trial!! Their preauthorisation of credit cards is a key feature leading to us staying with them. It will flag failed cards I your booking calendar allowing you to cancel via booking.com if card not update within 24 hours. This feature saves money and offsets the cost of the software as failed cards have a much higher no show rate.

Cons

Outages - system has had a number of outages I last two years one of which lasted over 12 hours making processing payments for departing guests impossible via the system. Bookings received via OTAs impacted and needed to be verified. Outages are a concern and have triggered my review if alternative platforms.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Preauthorisation of credit cards and flagging failed ones

Jonathan from The Bishop & The Bison Hotel

Small Hotel or B&B PMS

I have been extremely happy with Eviivo so far their customer support, from sales to implementation teams, has been second to none. They have answered every question that I have had and helped me with every aspect of the technology when requested. Incredible support so far from the start

Pros

The technology suite that Eviivo offers is perfectly suited to a smaller property. I am able to run promotions on line both with the OTA's or just on my own website with just a click of a few buttons. The reporting is excellent and it enables me to see where business is coming from which helps in business making decisions in terms of marketing and sales. The front office is incredibly simple to use, from checking guests in and out to taking payments.

Cons

At the moment there isn't a capability of charging a guest credit card unless they have a reservation. We would like to sell vouchers to guests to use for future stays and the only way I can take payment is via bacs transfer (or create a fake reservation).

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Many reasons but the main one was the functionality that their technology suite offered to me as a small hotel and the price, although not the cheapest, was great value for what my suite includes.

Stewart from Hemingford Associates Ltd

Perfect Partner

I find Eviivo a "perfect partner "for my business. They specialise with Guest Houses and small hotels in general and as such I feel they have a unique position in the Industry.They appreciate day to day issues at my level of the market and have support staff ready and able to advise on all issues from pricing, offers, website issues etc

Pros

We were a new start in this business. We were aware of Free to Book and Queensborough but opted for Eviivo and they have assisted us throughout. I only have to deal with Eviivo who manage the critical process of dealing with 3rd party OTA's and reconciling revenue take and commissions which is so efficient.

Cons

Nothing specific. In general I find the system relatively straightforward for my needs

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

In truth they helped us set up and we have had no reason to change or move away from them since.

Joy from Firefly Beach Resort

Eviivo Review

It's ok from our end but our guests are not nearly as happy with it as they were with Webervations.

Pros

It accurately keeps bookings and I don't have to be concerned about double-booking units.

Cons

- It doesn't track returning guests. - When quoting someone a price I have to manually add the room charge + tax to give them a quote from the Eviivo booking page. - Guests often miss the "guests" number when making their own reservations. - The program doesn't ask for "City" or "State" of guests so we have no idea where they are from. This has been a problem during the Covid-19 crisis. - It's nearly impossible to find a cancelled reservation. We have to know the guest's name. Please give an option to show a list of "Cancellation" to us with units, dates and names to choose from. - Room night charges are not shown on the "Charges" page. There is no way to see our guests' charges for each night in their reservation detail. - Our booking email sent from Eviivo when a guest books needs to show the unit at the top. Besides the date, the UNIT is the second most important piece of information we need.- - When a reservation is modified the guest needs an email confirmation. Eviivo should give us that option rather than make us manually find the email section and send one out. - The previous program, Webervations, allowed us to put a complete availability calendar in our website for each unit so guests could see when that cottage was available before going to the booking platform. - IN WEBERVATIONS GUESTS COULD BOOK THE SPECIFIC UNIT THEY WANTED WITHOUT SORTING THROUGH OTHER UNITS. MANY OF OUR GUESTS KNOW WHAT UNIT THEY WANT BUT NOW THEY CAN'T FIND OUT WHEN IT'S AVAILABLE.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

We rolled over from Webervations and thought Eviivo would be as good, or better, but it's not.

Response from eviivo

Replied January 2021

Hi Joy! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties. The good news is, you can do pretty much all of these things in eviivo suite! Reach out to our eviivo experts via live chat for help making the most of your subscription. -James Shepherd

Peggy from PA Wilds Vacation Rentals

Eviivo does what I need it to do

eviivo was not easy to get up and running in my opinion. There are still things I don't understand. However, the chat feature enables me to get timely answers to my questions and the customer representatives are friendly and helpful. I haven't found eviivo to be responsive to phone calls or emails. A lot of the problem is due to my not knowing how to input information - set up rates, promotions, etc. but in the end the struggle was worth it. The system has been running smoothly for over a year now and I am happy with it.

Pros

In my opinion, syncing calendars is the most valuable aspect of the eviivo software. I no longer need enter reservations on multiple platforms as they come in - thus alleviating worry about double bookings. Also, I like having the financial reporting and calendars available for three properties in one place. I like having an historical record of guest information and reservations.

Cons

The learning curve was pretty steep and very stressful for me. My old software, Webervations, ended and I had to find software to takes its place. It took a long time to get eviivo operating the way it should. eviivo uses terms and wording that is European centric. Room titles and descriptions are not expressed in terms that would be typical for American travelers. Also eviivo does not permit syncing VRBO calendar, so my VRBO reservations must be manually entered on eviivo.

It was offered for those losing Webervations. It

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Forced to make the switch as Webervations was discontinued. I had used it for many years....probably over a decade and liked it. I would not have switched if I had a choice.

Response from eviivo

Replied January 2021

Hi Peggy. I manage the US operation for eviivo. We very much value your feedback and your patronage of our All-in-One eviivo suite. I am very much aware of what happened with the migration of more than 2k users in 2019. To say there were hiccups would be an understatement. Also...as eviivo suite actually provides so very many more capabilities than your old platform, and our platform at the time leveraged a more European nomenclature, your feedback about a bit of a steep learning curve then is understandable. The good news is that in the 13 months since your migration...a lot has happened with the platform. For one all of our modules now have very universal naming conventions. For example, the booking calendar that was previously labelled the Diary, is now the Property Manager. But, the most important statement you made is about your practice of inputting your VRBO reservations manually. You absolutely do not need to do this. I will have a member of team reach out to help.

Michele from starfish retreat

Pretty good ...I am happy with eviivo suite..just some changes would be so much better. Thanks

Pros

I find the most difficult thing about this software is that it is not designed for dummies like me. I have to get help from the Eviivo team and get shown the path. Once I see the path I can follow through, however it is not intuitive. I find uploading photos very cumbersome and the way you have to save them...lengthy. That whole platform needs to be upgraded? I think the whole thing needs to be a bit simpler to use...as mentioned it doesn't jump out at you. I like the price point, availability of help, and the result of the booking system though. Thanks Michele

Cons

As mentioned above..sorry put the "least" in the paragraph above

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out Xotelia. The switch over was seamless and well done

great over all PMS

There was no PMS in place when I purchased the inn. eviivo has allowed me to run reservations much better than the previous owner.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. Intuitive GUI. Company is always working to add new features.

Cons

The Group Booking function is a bit clunky to apply discounts or promotions I have to touch each individual room booked, not at a group level, yet I can attribute payment on one to cover all.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

While the software all seemed very similar across larger companies, eviivo's sales team made me feel they would be a more personalized fit for my small inn.

Terri from Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed&Breakfast

A useful but cumbersome channel manager

I used it because it was the platform available to me through BBCanada. If I remember correctly the yearly fee was quite low (perhaps a discount through BB Canada?) Once BBCanada was working on launching their own platform I began looking for another channel manager.

Pros

I like that it managed by bookings on multiple OTA's

Cons

I found it difficult to use. The functions were not easy to find and making updates was confusing.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Free to book was a manual program. It was going to be quite expensive to be a full blown channel manager.

Donald from Wellington Creekside Lodge

Inherited this product....

Monthly costs remain where we have bookings or not.... Most of our bookings are done outside of needing Eviivo and Merchant Bank.....

Pros

Converting over from Rezovation to Eviivo got off slowly due to Bad communication; once we got rolling it went ok...

Cons

Once we were done with the conversion team we fell into a hole; where All, and I mean All communication was done on line and response we slow, until the 3rd or 4th email.... trying to find a call to call was very time consuming, and I ended up having to reach out, back to my conversion team... We have additional costs that were not there with the old software; intuit was not available for payments, so we had to switch - also with more costs to us...

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

It was a free and move forward option. We did not have the resources or money at the time to do what was needed to do a product search and analysis... You get what you pay for....

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo took them over; bought their client base, or whatever reason they want to tell you...!!!

Response from eviivo

Replied October 2020

Donald, You are absolutely correct. The migration that we put you and other RezOvation customers through during the migration from the selling entity was a poor experience for many. The US team was brand new, the seller provided an unrealistic timeline and some very poor assistance and eviivo is still sporting a black eye from the experience more than 18 months later. I am staring at your booking report and would love to chat with you on how your experience has been in the 18 months since the migration. We have enhanced the solution tremendously and our recent ratings by most have almost exclusively been 4s & 5s. I will reach out via phone to get additional feedback from you on how we can continue to improve. Thank you for your candid response. Regards, Mike Weimann GM North America

clyde from Camaray Motel

Very poor as compared to their desktop version.

We LOVED LOVED LOVED the old desktop version. Lived with it for nearly 6 years. But January 1st required us to abandon that and use the new web version. If they maintain their previous commitment to listen to what the customer needs, they might address all the deficiencies of their new system. I have detailed out over 9 such deficiencies in a letter to homeaway (now the owner of RezOvation Web). I have spent hours researching other programs in the past and for the price never found one to match the capabilities of RezOvation desktop. But now I will be looking again because we are now charged a monthly subscription (as most now do) and find the new system cumbersome. (we were familiar with the desktop version within hours of putting it to use, but now after a month we are still struggling to get to the places we need to be)

Pros

As with their old desktop version, this system does great when it comes to features like: moving or resizing reservations with a drag of the mouse, producing housekeeping and revenue reports, ability to add rooms to an existing reservation, changing the price of any or all rooms. Technical support is quite phenomenal during business hours. Very responsive via phone. Less so via email.

Cons

As compared to their just retired desktop version, this new system has several problems. 1. We can now no longer see all of our rooms in a single screen shot. Of our 40 rooms, over a 1/3 require scrolling up. 2. Choosing rooms for a reservation takes more care and attention because the room order for the reservation window is ordered differently than for our occupancy map. Also, it now shows all rooms whether available for the selected dates or not (before it only showed available rooms with an option to show "all rooms." 3. In the process of entering a guest, if upon first entry there is no existing guest, it is cumbersome to get out of that screen to add a guest. Before if we entered the name and it didn't exist it was a single click to add the new guest. 4. Increased clicks to accomplish almost everything compared to the old system.

Molida from Kchao & Kchao Holdings LLC

Can be questionable

Pros

It provides the basic needs of any reservation software system. Being able to record gift certificates is a plus and the overall interface of it is pretty simple to understand and navigate for the most part. You're able to adjust room prices and minimum night stays and the reports aspect of it is decent too. You can customize the colors to differentiate payment statuses which always helps as well as customize and label colored flags to tag specific reservations all on the occupancy map.

Cons

The system is sluggish and very slow at loading anything. I've logged in from different computers and laptops, but it's not my personal laptop or desktop at work or my friends desktop that is making the system slow, it's the system itself. There is an update always going on and every update so far has not made the system more functional in any way or improved it by any means. I believe at one point that one of their updates had actually made the software worse. I don't like how it saves the same guest information over and over if that particular guest uses an outside third party website to make their reservations. It should be able to recognize the information and pull up that guest. It just makes it difficult to see thousands of names under the Guests Tab if you're wanting to search for a particular guest and it pulls up 10 duplicates of the same person with the same last name of the person you are looking for but with a different first name. That duplicate basically takes up the whole screen making you have to scroll until you find the guest name you're actually looking for.

Isuru from The Waves - Unawatuna

Overall a quality product

I was looking for a channel manager solution for one of my friend who runs a small hotel which has 4 different rooms. We were getting bookings from Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and having troubles to update each and every calendar manually. Especially during the high season. I was looking for the cheapest channel manager and the Xotelia was the one. They don't have many features but definitely, cater our requirement. Initially, setup was bit painful because we had to enter all existing bookings into an excel file and then upload. Most of other channel managers like SabeeApp.com had cool features like importing all existing bookings automatically so that we don't have to do a thing. But anyway once this painful setup is over, everything works as expected. We were having some troubles when sending rates and availability to Airbnb channel. Then found out Airbnb has some high restrictions, so due to that reason Xotelia was so buggy. But it is resolved now. Now my friend who runs the hotel receive an email every morning, which room is free today, to which room guests are going to arrive today and their phone no etc.... We don't use a PMS, but this channel manager works like a one. When it comes to Customer Support, I think they are having very few number of people so, if you make a skype chat you will probably get a reply on next date. The email support also takes time unless you bug them all the time like I do. We can forget that delay in customer support because we hardly have to use them after the initial integration. The only drawback I see in this system is this is not mobile friendly. Since this is a web-based system, this doesn't display nicely on your iPhone (I double in iPad as well). You have to have a laptop with you if you are doing changes every time. But that also ok, because we get a mobile friendly email every morning that does the job.

Pros

Email sent in every morning about room status. Who is in the room, when they are going to leave, and who are going to arrive today.

Cons

Website is not mobile friendly, and there is no mobile application as well.

Response from Xotelia

Replied January 2017

Hi Isuru, Thank you very much for your email. We are very glad to hear that you are very happy using the Xotelia solution. We appreciate all the constructive comments and will use it to improve our solution. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

Michael from Edgar House Ltd

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

Pros

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

Cons

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Ease of use, great interface

Carol from VanCleef Homestead B&B

Wish I had picked another software!

My first season in our accommodation was nothing less than a nightmare. We decided to have Eviivo connect us with Expedia, and something went woefully wrong. We were being shown on the internet as "sold out" for many, many weeks, right during the time people would have been booking for vacations. Internally, Eviivo was unable to correct the problem without disconnecting us from Expedia, then reconnecting us - which took another 2 weeks. Then, wrong rates were posted for a period, and until a correction could be made, we lost another $450! We still have not recovered that loss. We will never recover the bookings that were lost during the time we were being shown as sold out. Additionally, we had people showing up at our B&B, and we hadn't been notified that they were coming, nor did their reservation show up on the diary. Needless to say, it was a very, very stressful season. Support has improved, but we still have money owed to us, a year later.

Pros

Not much. It did integrate with my previous system.

Cons

It is way to complex and way to many layers of complexity for the average person. It des not need to be so complex. All I need is a reservation system to accept online reservations and process payments efficiently. Simple, accurate reports would be helpful when doing taxes.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

I decided to give it a try, because Eviivo bought out my previous system - Webervations. With the current pandemic, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to reopen anyhow, so we will stick with Eviivo at the moment until we see how things work out. I have to say that the information provided about the current situation affecting travel have been informative and helpful.

Ibrahim from Crown Hotel Guesthouse

A fantastic service, highly recommended

My experience of Xotelia has been anything but positive overall. There are a few things that I wasn't happy with but you will find pros and cons to every channel manager etc The price for the amount/type of rooms you have can go up. So it is preferable for those with less or fewer types of rooms. But is still a milestone cheaper than any of the competitor such as free to book, my allocator or eviio. This is mainly because Xotelia doesn't charge commission on bookings. So you can save a lot, if you get most of your bookings on OTAs. The customer service is fantastic. My account manager Sorin was nothing but amazing. Super helpful and he really knows what he's doing. Rarely did I have a problem that he couldn't find the solution to. However, there were times that I had to pressure or spam him to get things done. There were days where he couldn't get back to me until the evening, and others where he would be with me the whole day, and I could get a lot done. But this is understandable, Xotelia is a growing company so the staff can sometimes have too much on their plate. And as we were just starting off there was a lot more to do. We also had an issue where my account manager put in the wrong codes for the rooms, which led to a few over bookings. But this was quickly and urgently dealt with. Another thing to note is that although the xotelia admin dashboard is great. You do need to spend the time to learn and get used to it. Your account manager will not do everything for you, or spoon feed you. I had to put in room codes, fill in descriptions etc. This is great at the same time because it helps you to understand the xotelia admin dashboard better. A few other nitpicks. Xotelia does not support some OTAs such as Priceline, kayak. However, there is a huge variety, including a two-way connection with Airbnb which I don't think any other channel manager offers. I was also upset that Xotelia didn't offer the automated email Trip review service for trip advisor reviews. Which their competitors free to book, and myallocator do. I contacted both xotelia and TripAdvisor regarding this matter. And got a 'no' from both. Please note that these are all issues that I have faced personally, and take nothing away from what a fantastic service this really is. The best in the market, and I will definitely be continuing to use this as my B&B progresses.

Response from Xotelia

Replied November 2016

Hi Ibrahim, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are fully satisfied with the Xotelia solution. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Debbie from White Pine Cabin Investors LLC

Software with a lot of options!!!

Pros

I became associated with this software when the previous software company REZOVATIONS sold to Eviivo. The transition was a bit bumpy at first but over time Eviivo has become enjoyable to use. It has a lot of capability with a lot of options. Customer service is sometimes right on with help, other times I struggle to get a solution or a satisfying answer to my question or concern. I would like to see an improvement to the the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers.

Cons

I would like to see an improvement to the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers. It would be nice to be able to preview or edit the email before you send it to your customer. Some times it becomes this software makes it difficult to change the price of a room when you book it.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

It became to difficult to switch. I really liked Rezovations!!!

We really had no choice

Gretel from Rancho Labradores

Good product

I used this Software for a year. It is a good product if you have a small Hotel. They don't offer PSM, only channel manager. It is easy to use, but they created a Beta version for bookings and I started to get overbookings. I try to contact technical supper several times, and they answered me like one month later. I had to be very careful with the Beta version, because of that. After one year contract, I decided to try another product, with better costomer service. And with PSM to make my life easier.

Pros

Very easy to use. You can use it in any computer with internet. Easy to find reservations, cancellations, etc.

Cons

Very slow customer service. They don't answer fast when you have the problem and need to solve it in that moment. They don't have live chat. The beta version has many mistakes, like over bookings. The mobile version is not very friendly, very small, not really for smartphones.

Response from Xotelia

Replied December 2016

Dear Gretel, Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied is the quality of our solution. Indeed, some features are in Beta version but for most of them you should be able to use them at their full potential very soon. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

chr from Gästehaus

Ein sehr schlechtes Programm!

Von 2018 bis Sommer 2019 habe ich versucht mit EVIIO zu arbeiten. Der Testmonat wurde überschritten mit Schulungen, so dass ich für 1 Jahr das Programm an der Backe hatte. Mein Fazit: EVIÍVO ist unübersichtlich, umständlich und grottenschlecht in der Bedienung! Nach vielen Diskussionen bin ich zu einem anderen Programm gewechselt, und zwar nach der rechtzeitigen Kündigung, bereits ca. 4 Monate vor Ablauf des Vertrages. EVIIVO hatte darüber keinerlei Kenntnis und berechnete stumpf - ohne die Kündigung zu bestätigen - weitere Monate nach Ablauf der Frist. Nach meinem Hinweis, dass ich fristgerecht gekündigt hatte, wurde das Programm sofort und vollständig abgeschaltet, auch für das vorhergegangene Jahr. Ich hätte keine Chance gehabt, auf Gästeliste, Kundenkartei, erstellte Rechnungen etc. zurück greifen, die ich allerdings mit Hilfe des neuen Anbieters rechtzeitig gesichert hatte. Durch die rechtzeitige Kündigung, die ich allerdings intensiv und nachhaltig einfordern musste, konnte ich EVIIVO canceln. NIE WIEDER!!! Das grenzt an Betrug!

Pros

Ich kann nichts Positives berichten. Die Kenntisnahme zur Kündigung musste sehr energisch eingefordert werden.

Cons

Die Schulungen wurden über den Testmonat hinausgezögert, so dass der Folgevertrag griff. Das Aussteigen wird bei EVIIO nicht leicht gemacht!

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Preiswertes Angebot von EVIIVO mit kostenfreiem Testmonat. Leider gingen aber die Schulungen über den Testmonat hinaus, so dass der Vertrag zu Stande kam.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Ich suchte ein Programm, dass Schnittstellen bedienen kann.

Response from eviivo

Replied June 2020

Sehr geehrte Frau Kraak, es tut uns leid, dass es bei der Abschaltung Ihrer eviivo suite zu Problemen gekommen ist. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die direkte Abschaltung unsererseits nur auf ausdrucklichen Wunsch erfolgt. In der Kundigungsbestatigungs-Email weisen wir ebenso grundsatzlich darauf hin, zu welchem Datum diese Abschaltung erfolgt und es wird empfohlen, alle notwendigen Informationen vorher extern zu speichern. Wir werden Sie zeitnah kontaktieren, um mit Ihnen personlich die Situation zu losen. Viele Gru?e David von eviivo

August 2016

Andrew from Les 2 Alpes Appartements.

Very helpful systems

I began looking for a channel manager about 2 years ago. I was advertising my 2 holiday rental apartments on 2 websites and was looking for more exposure. I had already experienced the dreaded "double booking" an unpleasant and sometimes rather expensive situation, which I was determined should never happen again, a more professional approach was required.

Pros

Xotelia is a straightforward set up, with very good support. It allows me to advertise on several international sites, with no chance of the dreaded "double booking" Regular updates remind me of any upcoming and new bookings. The software is quick and easy to access. The customer support is second to none.

Cons

Office hours. No bridge to my local Tourist office reservations.

Response from Xotelia

Replied August 2016

Dear Andrew, We are happy to hear our solution fits your need. We are looking forward a long lasting collaboration! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Philippe from Le Moulin des Forges

July 2016

A Fantastic tool to manage a guesthouse business

The Xotelia software is extremely reliable. It save a lot of time by condensing all calendars in a same and unique system.

Pros

Its easy to make a booking, easy to find a reservation among all others. Great to be able to send a confirmation with all the necessary details for the guests

Cons

The Office of tourism software called "suite logiciel Ingenie" do not match your criteria, therefore It's impossible to share their calendars

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! You are our best ambassador :)

Rosmari from Ekeliden B&B

August 2016

We are very pleased with Xotelia

Both my husband and I like Xotelia. This software makes it possible to have more than one booking agency without risking double bookings. We also have good experience when it comes to product support.

Pros

Xotelia is very easy to use and it gives us a good overview of daily arrivals and departures, as well as of the latest bookings. It is also easy to make a manual reservation.

Cons

When we need to change a booking, we must first cancel the entire booking and thereafter make a new booking. In this process we are always afraid that someone else for a minute or so can reserve the room we are on our way to reserve. But that is perhaps not the case?

Response from Xotelia

Replied August 2016

Hi Rosmari, We are very grateful for the review left! Remember you can get 2 extra month for free if you decide to refer us a friend. We wish you a busy summer season! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Michele from Starfish Studio and Retreat

Starfish Studio and Retreat

I have only had 1 issue with this program..I was never informed of a booking..and that was never resolved. It may have been a glitch between booking.com and xotelia..something was missed

Pros

when I find what I need it is easy to use and edit and fairly self explanatory

Cons

it can be difficult to find the tab needed to edit when it is under another tab

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Hello Michele, We thank you very much for your feedback. We give a real attention to your comments. It helps us to improve our product to better answer your needs. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Elina from KALIMERA VILLAGE

August 2016

Un outil important de travail

I work with xotelia 3 years now and I see the company evaluate, grow every year. Very important util of work and I'm really happy to have it. Still have things to evaluated more, but it is very very nice and useful

Pros

The immediate update of all the internet channel. This help to overpass over bookings problems.

Cons

Some channel still waiting for evoluation, like the link with Hotelbeds.

Response from Xotelia

Replied August 2016

Merci Elina pour vos feedback! Nous sommes heureux que notre produit réponde à vos attentes et espérons pouvoir accompagner votre établissement dans la gestion de vos réservations le plus longtemps possible. Nous vous souhaitons une belle saison! L'équipe Xotelia

philippe from Bed and Breakfast du Village

July 2016

Excellent online booking app for b&b's

For 2 year now, I use the Xotelia app for my b&b (5 rooms) and one tourist residence in Montréal, Québec. This is the perfect platform to manage my direct , Booking and Expedia reservations. My occupation rate has simply exploded!!! Xotelia is a human size and dynamic company and provides a great professional service.

Pros

It's user friendly and good money for the value. It's advancing very rapidly and constantly evolving.

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Hi Philippe, Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear that our solution helps you boost your sales! Wishing you a very busy summer season! Cheers, The Xotelia Team!

dino from centerapartments.com

Great Team, great solution, very thankful working with them

Working with xotelia is just great. They keep on supporting us from the very beginning and we always receive good solutions for our needs. They keep focus on their customers and their needs, what is very important for us. A very stabile system and processes go very well. We can absolutely recommend to other little and midsize business units working in the business of holiday apartments, hotels, etc. we are very happy, to build our own growth in a great partnership with xotelia.

Pros

very stabile, support, customer orientated

Cons

nothing

Response from Xotelia

Replied October 2016

Hi Dino, We thank you very much for your feedback. We are proud to be part of your business. Remember that a referral program is available in case you would like to recommend Xotelia to a friend. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Philippe from Le Moulin des forges

Just perfect

I've been using Xotelia for more than three years now. I am totally satisfied with the service provided. The kindness and reactivity of the people always ready to help. I wouldn'd change for anything else.

Pros

Cons

I would like to be able to update prices and availabilities for all rooms at the same time. Not one by one

Response from Xotelia

Replied November 2016

Dear Philippe, Thanks for the positive feedback. We are more than happy to hear you are satisfied with the service we provide. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Lecomte from Les Jardins de Skoura

July 2016

PERFECT ! I used Xotelia since 2 years ago , and never I have a problem .

I used different software before Xotelia and never it's so easy, and never I met a problem on my planning and reservation. For me it's the best and perfect

Pros

very easy and secure

Cons

nothing

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Dear Caroline, Thank your taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to hear that our solution answers your need. Remember we do referral deal : if you invite one of your friend to use Xotelia, you will get 2 extra months for free! We wish you a busy summer season! The Xotelia Team

ALEXANDER from L'AVENIR

L'Avenir, a b&b in Normandy

It makes sharing booking on line with other partners possible and easy, without doublebooking or answering the phone during the whole day. Productivity and serenity for a very affordable price. The invoicing feature of Xotelia doesn't fit yet our use.

Pros

The control and possibility it gives us to close reservations on the websites of our booking partners, while we still are able to sell the rooms on our own website.

Cons

The invoicing feature doesn't fit our use yet.

Response from Xotelia

Replied November 2016

Nous vous remercions pour votre commentaire Monsieur Biolan et vous souhaitons une très belle saison. Bien à vous, L'Équipe Xotelia

James from Fog's End Bed & Breakfast

Booking Software

Good

Pros

Inexpensive. Works well commission free with other OTAs. Clean and simple for a small operation and single user.

Cons

If staff changes over there is Somewhat of a long learning curve. Not easy to make changes to reservations. Selecting multiple units is not straight forward.

Price

Response from eviivo

Replied March 2021

James, Good morning and thank you for taking the time to review eviivo suite. I am the GM for eviivo in USA and would love to chat with you to get feedback on your suggestions on how we can continue to make eviivo a better platform for users like you. I will reach out via email and make sure that you have my number for continued feedback in the future! Thank you for your 2+ years of patronage of eviivo suite!

Joel and Tracey from Bryn Woodlands House

Webinar

General pretty good and the help with the webinars through lockdown have been great the ones we have managed to join

Pros

There are many features to help with reporting

Cons

The reports can be a little confusing and sometimes amendments on the pages can be difficult to find

Kamonsak from Old Capital Bike Inn

March 2016

Simple channel manager, but missing several features and some glitches.

1. The channel manager is generally reliable and interface is fairly easy to use. 2. The downside is that you cannot create promotions which will also show up for each room type's prices. It seems you can only do a minimum nights restriction but it doesn't show up as a promotion. It would be nice to be able to do other promotions and have it show as a special promotion when clicking to view the room type's prices, perhaps a drop down menu of different promotions, such as early booking rates, or long stay rates, or package deals with prices automatically adjusted to the guests booking dates. 3. Also vouchers are also not practical. It only serves as reminders. 4. Special rates can't be created by the user ourself. It can only be created through a sales representative, and contacting a sales rep and receiving feed back takes a very very long time. Sometimes a up to a week. And the replies often don't completely answer the questions ask, often because of the sales rep's language skills. 5. Occasionally there would be strange errors of double reports for every booking change into the mail.

Response from Xotelia

Replied May 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with Xotelia Channel Manager, Kamonsak. Our team is working hard on bettering the channel manager's features as well as our customer service. The international team is growing and we're doing our best to satisfy all demands. You may also find answers to your questions on the FAQ page: goo.gl/le5oSH.

FREDERIQUE from Le Miroir Aux Fées

Un excellent planning-manager pour les maisons d'hôtes à fort potentiel

Pros

Possibilité d'ouvrir à de nouvelles plate-formes en ligne, et cohérence avec le site, implémentation "plug-in" très performante

Cons

eviivo est tellement soutenant qu'on souhaite pouvoir les contacter le week-end!

Leslie from Rancho Gallina

You're on your own

We have done everything on our end to make this work, but Eviivo is understaffed and not fulfilling their end of our agreement. At some point in January, after completing the arduous setup process, without our approval or even informing us, Eviivo disconnected our OTA and all of our calendars were subject to double booking. We only found out when a guest called and told us. We have spent a week of unreturned phone calls, unanswered online queries, and a chat line that is rarely, if ever, staffed, unsearchable on our OTAs and searching for another booking engine. We had to deactivate our listings to keep from double booking. We are losing business, wasting time, and extremely frustrated.

Pros

I wanted to love Eviivo: the promise of merging all calendars, one click OTA connection, ease of integration, etc. all looked too good to be true.

Cons

Absolute lack of customer service; Eviivo changes to the system that prevent us from being able to book guests or use the OTA features; unresponsive phone, chat and online query systems are a farce.

Mike from 1

July 2016

Xotelia Channel Manager Works Great!

The Xotelia channel manager works great and I no longer worry about multiple reservations. The product can handle multiple guaranteed reservation websites (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia.com, BBCanada) extremely well and has its own website that I have linked to my business website. The service through BBCanada is excellent and they have resolved some technical issues quickly. I recommend the Xotelia channel manager product to any B&B owner.

Pros

The channel manager can handle 4 different guaranteed reservation websites and solves the multiple bookings problem. It also tracks bookings from and to other reservation sites so I no longer have to sign in to the other systems like Expedia and Booking.com.

Cons

All dates should be in written i.e. July, 1, 2106) format not numeric i.e. 01-10-2016.

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Dear Mike, We thank you very much for your message. It makes us very happy to know that our product answers your need perfectly! Wishing you a busy summer season, The Xotelia team

Hotel from HOTEL DE LA HOULE

July 2016

Makes the job and more...

Makes the job in linking the different channels without mistake . I like the bild system althought it needs some points to fix

Pros

a little PMS in development, and a price without to take yours

Cons

not yet because they develop ;)

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

We thank you very much for using Xotelia! Your comments, good or bad, are always very useful to help us improving our solution. We hope our collaboration will last as long as possible! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Dounia from Le Lys d'Or B&B

easy to use

Being a B&B and present in a few OTA's, it became very difficult to handle the different agendas and the automatic email confirmation to the customers.

Pros

it's easy to use, it saves time with the confirmation email and the channel manager.

Cons

impossible to move a reservation from a room to anither, even if the reservation is done manually.

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Hi Douania, We thank you for you review and we are happy to hear that our solution answers all your needs. Also, keep me in mind that you can refer us a friend and you will get 2 extra months for free. Wishing a busy summer season, Best, The Xotelia Team

Christos from HOTEL CASA ANTICA

Average

The support answers very late to emails (3 weeks later), even automated answers come in french, on the phone mostly french speaking staff... Unfortunately we do not speak french! It is not possible to print our weekly or monthly schedule. To print only by day doesn't make sense As for the booking engine, there is no separation for the payments for refundable (50% deposit ) and non refundable (100% charge) The calendar of last year is still open, so mistakes happened. Instead of loading for 2016, we loaded for 2015 An application would be nice for iOS or Android

Response from Xotelia

Replied May 2016

Thank you for reviewing our service Christos. Due to a high volume of requests, the answers have been delayed. Everyone in the support team speaks English, and half of the team is not French at all. Regarding the booking engine, it's not possible right now to have different policies. That's something we are working on. In the matter of calendars for 2015 being still displayed, they need to remain as most people use them as a reference for the year to come. You'll soon be able to print weekly reports, even though they are likely to change every day. An app for iOS or Android is not planned yet. We'll be investing time in making Xotelia more convenient on mobile devices, without an app.

Jodene from JLBW Enterprises.

Extremely slow to respond, read the small print

None and they are charging me for service not received.

Pros

I have used several software programs for booking reservations. I was looking for very specific characteristics. I was initially impressed that a "training" was required to fully review the software. It APPEARED to be very personal attention and their desire for maximum success.

Cons

I could not review this software without signing up for a training. Like most others I breezed through the terms of the agreement in a hurry to get to see if this software would work for me. It turns out that by agreeing to the terms of agreement you are agreeing to being billed for 12 months for their service. Once I went through their training and saw the complete service and not having my followup questions answered I decided not to use this software. I was surprised to find that, despite not using their software for even one day, I am being charged for their services for 12 months. I emailed them and asked this to be corrected and to credit my payments due to not using their service and they refused. I let them know that I would do what I could to warn others of this little "trick" (who reads the small print? who would think that by going through the sign-up process, which happens all the time before seeing a product, in order to be introduced to their service they would charge for 12 months of service even though their services were never used?) So, beware. If you want to use this service they require that you go through a training to see what the service is but by agreeing to review their product via a training you are also agreeing to pay for a 12 month subscription. Secondly, the questions I had following the training were never answered. One email was "answered" (with a non-answer email) weeks later with an apology that they were SO busy.

Rob from Lucky Bug Bed and Breakfast

Glad to have this software

I was taking reservations from our website, Booking.com, Expedia, etc. and once I would get a booking, I would have to update all of the others so there would not be a double booking. This software took that task out and everything is updated in one place. It took some time to get it up and running, but well worth the effort. There are features that need work, and features that could be added and/or changed to make it more useful for things other than just bookings, i.e. printing invoices, etc. But I have been working with support and they are very receptive and are always striving to improve. I am so glad I ended up with Xotelia.

Pros

Consolidation of booking engines and display of availability.

Cons

Needs some features added, and also tweak some of the existing features. They are currently working on these issues.

Response from Xotelia

Replied January 2017

Hi Rob, Thank you for the much appreciated feedback. We are glad your experience with Xotelia is positive. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team!

ANDREA from Casa Acquario Genova

Very unsactisfied about this service

Pros

Xotelia it easy to use and provide some interesting features though not always working. I cannot really say I like something about Xotelia. Indeed, as soon as it was possible, I decided to switch to another channel manager offering, for the same price, a better and more reliable service.

Cons

Pour quality, does not fulfil the featured characteristics, continuous bug causing overbookings, credit card data missing, lagging behind retrieving bookings from the channels. All suddenly they transformed the customer care service phone number to a premium rate number (0.20 euros a minute). Apart from the good will of a single operator, general support is poor, ineffective and slow. Commercial support service it is even worst.

Robert from Auberge Chesley's Inn

Loved Xotelia until forced to change

I really liked Xotelia. Unfortunately when they were taken over by the English company Eviivo I was forced to change and accept a much higher monthly rate.

Pros

The product was easy to use and was priced very competitively through the Canadian Bnb association. It worked seamlessly with my own website.

Cons

Didn't have any problems during the time I used Xotelia

Worst Customer Service

A basic software that works but worst customer service

Pros

It seemed affordable and though lacked a lot in features, the basic need was served so it worked for us. However, in this type of product, customer service is extremely important. We had always been disappointed and we have reached our limit so even though we just recently renewed, we have decided to opt out.

Cons

Customer service does not exist. It makes reservations and that's about it. There's a lot of important features now available in the market that will get your money's worth. As customers would be using this for the business, I highly suggest to look for better alternatives. This is a waste of investment.

Methinee from Rachamankha Flora House

Helpful Chanel Manager Software

This Channel manager is easy for manage the room allotment and price. The customer service is very good.

Cons

The process of cut out the room allotment was quite slow when had reservation.

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your review Methinee, all your comments are highly appreciated. It helps to better our product and service so that we keep you a happy Xotelia member.

Meir from Vacation Home Rental

Very bad experience, the customer service is the worst part, essentially non-existent...

Pros

The ease of use is good for a beginner, initially, the customer service is good but as soon as you pay & seek other assistance they will stop answering you.

Cons

Many standard features found on other channel manager are non-existent with Xotelia...You need to upload Airbnb rates manually, reservations & price changes often don't sync, the system glitches & crashes for weeks on end sometimes & customer service is an absolute catastrophe! This has had a bad impact on my short-term rentals, there have been periods where basic features such as updating rates & availabilities are unavailable for weeks! DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED!

Maristela from Real estate

Don't buy their services, they don't offer support straight away, they will ask you to go FQA

I have paid for Xotelia's services and every time I email them they ask me to go to FQA. If you want to have their support, I mean someone talking to you explaining everything you must book an appointment that will take at least 15DAYS and costs 60 Euros.

Pros

It seems to have all functions you need

Cons

It doesn't work, extremely difficult to manage if you are not an expert in software, when you subscribe to their services, the company book an hour with you to explain how it works and after that you don't have any support unless you pay 60 Euros booked with two weeks advance.

Response from Xotelia

Replied February 2017

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you encountered issues using the Xotelia solution. Would you please send us you request number (number you receive when you send an email to support). We will do our best to solve your issues as soon as possible. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

John from The Woodview Inn

Woodview Inn - Gananoque Ontario, Canada

Ingrid, my Account Manager and Ingrid, my go-to support have been wonderful. They helped guide me through every step

Pros

That there is almost 0 chance of double bookings. Also, I'm thrilled that I do not have to manually block out my bookings. Xotelia software has saved me a ton of time. I'm able to spend more time with my guests.

Cons

The videos were not very helpful. They moved a bit too quickly for someone new to understand all the steps.

Response from Xotelia

Replied August 2016

Hi John, We are very grateful for the review left! Remember you can get 2 extra month for free if you decide to refer us a friend. We wish you a busy summer season! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Carolina from Caribo Cozumel

The worst customer service

I never experience a bad customer service like with xotelia. They never give you a solution, they never answer your emails or phone call, and they don't even care about it. They promise us 24/7 customer service and is a complete lie. I am looking for a better channel manager to change it. I am happy that I suffer 1 year and now I could cancel the contract!

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Customer service

Response from Xotelia

Replied November 2016

Dear Carolina, We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with the solution. We take your feedback really seriously. Our account manager manager will be in touch during the course of the day. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

John from Cham Condo

Overall satisfied of my experience with Xotelia

Joined Xotelia 10 months ago for my condo. The onboarding was smooth and the channel manager quite easy to use. The experience is + so far

Pros

Affordable Comprehensive Easy to use

Cons

Need their team to do the connexion.

Fiona from CLOPTONROADSELFCATERING

Channel manager

It has helped immensely

Pros

At the start of my business a channel manager was invaluable. It ran the business for me.

Cons

The calendar links with other platforms are incomplete

Juan Manuel from DESTINO INVEST MALAGA SL

Software util y funcional.

satisfactoria.

Pros

funcionalidad y opciones en general para el cambio de tarifas, información visual y agilidad.

Cons

Tener que crear canales específicos para Airbnb y VRBO. Limitación en el tipo de promociones a realizar. Dificultades y errores cuando se utiliza la web a través del móvil.