All Accelevents Reviews

Mike

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

One of the best hybrid event platforms on the market, highly recommend.

PROS

Accelevents integrates with my current tech stack nicely, but they are exceptional at giving my team the ability to maximize the engagement opportunity for both our attendees and our sponsors or partners. If you're hosting an event and want to showcase different assets or give special attention to special partners or divisions, this is the best way to do it.

CONS

This is one of those things where it's not about Accelevents, it's purely about event planning in general. Events are complex. Accelevents is actually one of the best ways to help navigate a complex event.... so I guess that goes to show you that I don't have much I dislike :)

Elaine

Platform Review for Virtual Conference

Accelevents is an amazing virtual platform for hosting multi-day conference. It's easy to use as the admin/organizer and easy for attendees to navigate when participating on the platform.

PROS

1. Platform layout- from attendees' view is easy to use. 2. Registration- creating the registration form, testing and dispatching was easy3. Speaker session- creating speaker sessions was easy to use4. Accelevents team- everyone was super helpful, responsive, and friendly5. Accelevents DES- having DES to assist with all the work prior to event start date and on event days was amazing and much needed

CONS

1. Speaker name tag on screen- when presenters are live in their session, their name doesn't appear on their window for attendees to identify the speakers on main stage2. Live stream lag time - major lag time from backstage to front stage3. Live stream screen sharing video- there was a major glitch when trying to screen share a video file in a main session4. Speaker background- doesn't have an option for speakers to choose or blur their background

Reason for choosing Accelevents

Competitive pricing and used it before for the same conference.

Hi Elaine, thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you had such a great experience overall. We are working hard to expand the functionality available in the Accelevents broadcasting studio and introduce lower latency streaming options. We're looking forward to working with you and your team for future events!

Replied August 2023

Robyn

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Was at the event but had to use my phone which was weird and asked me to confirm all the information

People bidding from home who selected buy it now pricing

PROS

Ability for non attendees to bid There are no other pros, and even non attendees had trouble. There are no other pros. I would advise our group to use another mobile bid service, or have proxy bidding for those that cant attend

CONS

Didn't close, confusing, redundant info asked for. I was never outbid for any thing because people weren't bidding from home

Hi Robyn - Thanks for your constructive feedback. While it is a new format to get used to, we have found that our clients actually love the element of bidding with their phone via text message. Our system allows for anyone to bid, even those who are unable to attend the event. For those who have trouble with the system, we offer a staff feature so that a staff member can bid on behalf of an event guests. I hope this help!

Replied May 2018

Kelly

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Excellent online auction platform!

We have used Accelevents for 3 events, actually encompassing 8 different online auctions. They have been great to work with and very quick to answer questions. We are a small nonprofit in a smaller market, so we appreciate their low cost, but feel their product is top shelf. Our (not tech savvy) patrons have found the platform easy to navigate, and love the addition of mobile bidding to our events. We recommend them to every who asks about our experience, and will continue to use them.

PROS

Cost , ease of use for bidders, ease of use for staff

CONS

I wish you could more easily change the order of items once uploaded (more like a number system, like a Netflix wish list), and I wish that we had the option of sending out blanket notices to our bidders ("Auction closes in 10 minutes, place your best bid now," or a thank you to all bidders after the fact).

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the continued support. We love hearing from repeat auction organizers. We've add a feature that let's you right click on an item to send it to the top or bottom of the list. I think that will help you out at your next event. We will check out the netflix wishlist too. As for sending out blasts to your bidders, you can do that from our new Contact module. Send us a message while setting up your next auction and we will walk you through it!

Replied September 2018

Bryan

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

When The Live Event World Went Dark, AccelEvents Helped Save My Business

I can't recommend AE highly enough. When the pandemic hit, many agencies like mine went under or drastically reduced their business. With AE at my side, I was able to execute two years of the highest gross sales and revenue in my company's history. If you're a seasoned pro at virtual events, they work in lockstep with you and give you the tools to succeed. If you're brand new, they're there to help and get you from step to step.I am a very loyal customer and hope everyone else has as good an experience as I did.

PROS

One of the things I liked most about AE is simply their responsiveness. We had a direct line of communication with [sensitive content hidden] and he was always friendly, receptive to questions and requests, and eager to help make sure our events went off without a hitch.

CONS

I wish there were tiers for customization that my clients could taker advantage of. The "all or nothing" pricing for customization definitely put a couple clients off from making the site look exactly like what they wanted it to look like.

Reviewed March 2019

Great prorgam!

The non-profit organization where I work has used AccelEvents for a variety of events and purposes, including silent auctions, drawings, and text-to-give for small and large events. The most absolutely consistent factor has been the customer service - they are awesome! They are always quick to reply and generally are able to help me find an easy solution. In terms of the program, it is easy to use and we have had interns and volunteers trained and using the program within minutes at our events. The look is clean and smooth, and the back-end interface is relatively intuitive and straight-forward. The cost is also perfect, especially for a small non-profit with a limited budget, as the low flat fee allows us to know our costs up-front and keep the majority of what we raise to put toward our mission. We've tried a few other programs but you cannot beat the value for this product.

PROS

Easy to use on both the front- and back-end; Low cost but great value; Fantastic customer service

CONS

Some limited options with customization and graphics

Thanks for the feedback! We are working to expand the flexibility of the page designer!

Replied April 2019

Katie

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Everything I needed

Using accelevents saves me time by giving me all the information from my attendees where, how and when I need it. It also allows me to engage and communicate with them via the white label app before, during and post event, on demand. The obstacles I do run into, their team is able to guide me by listening to what I want, and knowing their product well enough to tell me how to get there.

PROS

Top three would be 1) the service - from initial contact, first-time user, and follow-up - I felt completely confident in the Accelevents team. Timely, helpful, sincere responses. 2) user-friendly, and getting friendlier - don't need a ton of learning or training to get started quickly and execute successfully. 3) Customizable and lots of options - can bend it to my specific needs and their team is very good at helping you be creative. Made me think outside the box of how I thought of the way I was doing things.

CONS

Nothing I felt like, 'oh no, what is this?! ' The few thoughts and suggestions I had have workarounds, have been implemented or are on the road map.

Kelly

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great Software for our Needs

I have had nothing but great experiences with Accelevents. I logged on one night around 10 PM and was having problems changing something. I chatted through the on line help and they continued to try to help me resolve my issue. ( I am sure it was more user error than software). The gentleman I was working with told me he would personally adjust what I was trying to do by the next evening. Sure enough the next day my changes were made.

PROS

I like that it’s easy to use and keeps all of the details for our reunion in one place. In years past, we had to keep a spreadsheet of number of ticket sales, guests names etc. now everything is right there in one place. No checks to cash. Money transferred right to our account. This is saving us hours of work.

CONS

Not so thrilled with the initial look of the main page when our purchasers log on

Thanks, Kelly! We would love to hear more about your thoughts on the design of the main page when your buyers log in. If you are up for it, send us an email at info@accelevents.com!

Replied April 2019

JENNIFER

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Fantastic!

This was the first time I had ever set up mobile bidding and I was anxious! Accelevents was everything I could have hoped for. It was easy for staff to use, easy for our bidders, the website created for us looked great, customer service was fast and friendly (and patient - lol), and it was inexpensive. Seriously - very impressive.

PROS

One phrase comes to mind - ease of use. My silent auction was easy to set up, easy to customize, and it was easy for our users to navigate/bid. Seriously - they thought of everything!

CONS

The only difficulty I had was in customizing emails to be sent directly from Accelevents. It was uncharacteristically complicated and difficult compared to everything else within Accelevents. I eventually gave up and sent emails through another platform. I would consider this a tiny problem in an otherwise fantastic platform.

Reason for choosing Accelevents

Low price and ease of use (for staff and bidders) comments from other reviewers. I am busy and don't have time to mess around learning a complicated bidding platform, and I didn't want my bidders getting frustrated.

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the feedback! We are excited to hear that you had such as positive experience. Regarding the email sending tool, we are actually in the process of rebuilding that entire tool!

Replied September 2019

Sierra

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Super affordable and effective for silent auctions.

PROS

The price is right! Easy to include images, easy to process payments, easy to edit and update. Overall user-friendly.

CONS

Their sales/customer reps are obnoxious! Originally, they offered me a coupon to join and then wouldn't let me use it. Now I keep getting emails from them even though I've unsubscribed.

Erin

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Easy to use, easy to recommend

It was great - have used it on multiple projects.

PROS

I offer consulting and marketing to services to small nonprofits and local businesses in the Boone, NC area. With the COVID-19 pandemic forcing many fundraisers to go virtual, I have been hired to help a few organizations navigate through the challenge of transitioning to a digital event in a short amount of time. I recommended & used Accelevents for my first contract and have continued to recommend it to additional organizations. The ease of use on the back end and the absolutely simple and inviting user-interface has made this platform a large part of the success of these events, raising much-needed funds for our local nonprofits. The most recent virtual fundraiser I worked on raised DOUBLE the amount expected, in no small part due to the bidder's quick and easy access to viewing the items up for bid. I've seen other events where you have to jump through hoops to register (or enter a CC#) prior to viewing and the turnout has been poor because of it. Thanks, Accelevents!

CONS

I found the effort needed to reorder items up for bid a little slow and clunky. I also am interested in personalizing/adding to the receipt that is sent to bidders immediately after the auction (maybe I just didn't see it?). I would like to communicate post-auction instructions about item pick up, etc. along with their payment link, etc.

Reason for choosing Accelevents

Although these sites are free, they don't have the perks of accelevent -- namely the SMS bidding feature -- which seemed very much worth the minimal cost of the platform.

Hi Erin, thanks for the feedback! One other option when re-ordering items is right clicking to send the item to the top of bottom of the list.

Replied November 2020

Fran

Reviewed August 2017

Successful collaborative fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team!

Our collaborative fundraiser raised moneyfor each of 8 collaborators, with additional funds generated from offline purchases of paintings after the auction was over. In addition, this software helped each of our collaborators to build a better networking relationship with each other.

PROS

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team. The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online. We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of "Forests."

CONS

An animated tutorial, walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Karlie

Reviewed September 2020

Great for non-profits surviving COVID

I cannot thank you enough for saving our event. This charity means everything to me and you made it all possible.

PROS

My non-profit lives off the donations generated by a in-person hockey tournament. When COVID hit, we scrambled to find a program that could centralize virtual activities to raise money instead. With about $2,500 to our organization's name, we were so disheartened to find that most virtual event hosting platforms were thousands and THOUSANDS of dollars UPFRONT. It has been difficult to project our attendance, so it was scary to think of investing almost all of our money with no guarantee of return. Accelevents has a post-event cost structure where your event cost fluctuates on the number of people that came. With no upfront costs, this is perfect for a non-profit that cannot afford to upfront $ with no guaranteed return. This platform had the perfect cost structure with plenty of features that the competitors offered that we were looking for - individual sessions, a main landing page and plenty of opportunities for sponsors.

CONS

Developing the backend was a little confusing BUT the customer service as been so outstanding that whenever I was stuck I would just message the help chat and they immediately reached out and gave me clear directions on what to do

Reason for choosing Accelevents

See my notes on your cost structure in "Pros" response

Heather

Reviewed September 2018

Wonderful platform to make execution of your event easier.

We have used Accelevents for our past two PTO Silent Auctions. Whenever we had a question, customer service responded to us very quickly with answers that solved our problems. It was very affordable and easy to use from the beginning. The information stored from the first year, made planning and executing the event the next year even easier!

PROS

It was very easy for multiple users to input and organize the information. The Dashboard provides a complete snapshot of where you are with planning the event. It has straightforward step by step instructions throughout the planning process and during the event itself.

CONS

I would like to see them add a function where you can send messages to the users during the event to remind them to update their bids, etc.

Rachel

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Camp Cho-Yeh Online Auction Review

My favorite thing about AccelEvents is their customer service!! If I live chatted I knew I would get a response within 2-3 minutes.

PROS

I particulary liked it being an online platform which allowed me to work from anywhere and any computer.

CONS

There was some weird glitch while entering item descriptions that it would let me type a few letters and then refresh and what I had typed wasn't there anymore. We had the same the glitch the previous year. Customer service told me to hit the refresh button which did seem to work a bit before it would glitch again, in which case I would just hit refresh again. I didn't make entering the infomation difficult it just prolonged the process.

Jason

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Great software for conference event

We had a positive experience with the platform.

PROS

I really liked how easy it is to add speakers and sessions. The customer service is very strong.

CONS

It is challenging to prep the speakers prior to the event since we have so many of them.

It was very inexpensive.

Thanks Jason! We look forward to working with you again. We offer a weekly webinar for speakers on best practices. It may be helpful to share that with your speakers for your next event.

Replied September 2020

Kent

Reviewed April 2018

Great platform to support our fundraising event

We increased our fundraising by approximately 20% year over year.