• Pros

• " I really like the interface of the platform and, above all, it is very easy to use, making everything clearly visible."

• "Great app, very user friendly and easy to use. Support is always ready to help you, excellent communication."

• "IT´s easy to use and understands perfectly how a hostel works. We love the color coding and the service provided by the team is always fast and great. "

• Cons

• "The operation part is amazing, but if they can improve the Guest Analysis and Marketing Analysis that will be great. Now is too simple and not very indicative. "

• "Honestly, my business had owner changing and payment was a little bit difficult for the first time. But it is okay for now."

• "l think is an expensive tool, but necessary. "

Browse BananaDesk Reviews

Julia from Edens Yard Backpackers

Simple, effective and inexpensive

My small budget backpackers hostel is big enough to be a headache when allocating multiple booking systems and this really takes the pressure off! I was new to these things but the setup support I received made it all feel very straight forward. I did a lot of research to find the right channel manager and I am happy with my decision.

Pros

The flexible option for seasonal properties helps to make this very cost effective. By paying however the business model does not require the selling of data that I believe is safer and more ethical than most free booking software options. The system is simple and intuitive to learn and use. I like the uncluttered visual of the booking page, most other budget booking software packages look cramped by comparison.

Cons

Whilst Bananadesk is functional from my mobile it would be helpful if the click and drag facility worked better on mobile devices so that I could more easily reserve places for bookings received on the go. The best fix I can find is to click and block day by day and then update the information on returning to my computer. This is a minor niggle though.

Dhruv from Lazy Llama Hostel

The best software for small/medium properties, trust me I've looked!

I've been using banadesk across 3 properties and for the last 4 years. They're fantastic and consistent. All my teams have loved using it and have sometimes even requested me to go back to banana desk when we started using other softwares. A few additional features like the ones mentioned above would be great, but I hear they're working on adding them. I've used products that have all these functionalities and they are helpful, however, I always ended up coming back to banadesk because of its ease of use. If they added a few more functionalities, banana desk would be way above the rest.

Pros

Banadesk is as close as it comes to being the perfect balance between- ease of use, affordability, efficiency and reporting. Their customer service is one of the best I've come across Very easy for new members of the team to pick up Works great even when the internet connection isn't the best The interface is genius. Intuitive, all the basic functions present and very difficult to mess up.

Cons

Some higher end functions would be highly appreciated and I'd be willing to pay extra for them. Things like automated emails to guests, a phone app to quickly check and update bookings, automatic rate changes depending on real time occupancy.

Reasons for Choosing BananaDesk

Ease of use, customer service, consistency and fast interface.

Michael from Relax Hostel

The best, most user-friendly PMS with great customer service

It's great software administrated by a friendly company. I wouldn't dream of looking elsewhere for property management software.

Pros

It's very straightforward software and therefore it's very easy to teach new users all the functions and features in a short period of time.

Cons

It's built-in channel manager only connects to Booking.com and Hostelworld. But, since those are the main booking sites, it's not a huge inconvenience.

mariana from Las Marianas

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Easy for a little hotel

Its easy and simple. However for some things is too simple. Things i dont like and you need to improve: 1- If the hotel is full and i need to make room changes, for instance: a couple in room 1 change it for a couple in room 4, i have to make room on room 1 to put 4 but i DONT KNOW WHERE TO HANG the couple of room 1 meanwhile....this is a problem. 2- In the case i am doing many movements of rooms of a group, for instance, put Smith x Garcia, then i want to put Trump on Bush room, i start doing movements, in the case i make a mistake on the dates i drop the reservation, the system doesn't alert anything...like "are you sure you want to move Trump to 1st may"? If the original dates were others...how can i tell i am not making wrong? Once you drop the reservation on a wrong date, you want to check, and dates inside the detail have changed!!!! without alerting anything....So that could be a super mess... 3- The system doesn't import rate conditions. 4- If i create a grupal reservation "adding passengers" to a main one, and once the group check in, i cannot check out only one room a night before. Also, if i add a night in the future to a main reservation, once they leave the hotel for the first time, it doest allow me to check out them in the system until they check out for the last time.

Pros

Its easy and very simple to handle. Very easy to teach how to use it.

Cons

The movements i need to make are slow. If you make an error it doesn't prevent it.

Zaeem from Park Villa Boutique Hostel

Excellent PMS Software for Hostels

We use Bananadesk to manage bookings from multiple sources for a 45 bed hostel. Their support is very responsive to any questions and can even be reached via a chat window. Getting Bananadesk up and running was very easy and it integrates well with our channel manager, MyAllocator.

Pros

- Drag and drop nature of the calendar - Simple, intuitive interface of the reservation view - Very easy to move bookings around - Searching bookings and transactions is quick and easy - Very cost effective

Cons

- A little fiddly to change rates quickly, for short periods - No immediate count of occupancy in the calendar - No revenue management options

Reasons for Choosing BananaDesk

Simple, cost effective, powerful enough, very responsive support team. Have not been let down!

Guillermo from La Posada

Usefull

Pros

It is an application that it is very userfriendly

Cons

Sometimes the prices are not clear on how much the channel keeps

More Profesional

Jitske from Community Hostel

the upgrade done is just really not usefull

great! good service and always helpful. the product is easy to understand

Pros

It is so easy simple and fast to use. It is really clear and not complicated and easy to explian to new staff members.

Cons

the last change that have been made is really not great. We really have put an effort in getting to change our mentality about it but nobody of our teams it great and it is just more hassle checking people in where it was so easy and fast before. it cost more time and it makes the ppl in our team annoyed. especially if we have a lot of checkins at the same time.

Iris from The Mahjong Hostel

Fantastic software for Hostel business management

BD is easy to use, and reliable all the times. We seldom have problem of receiving booking or overbook. Overall experience is great.

Pros

Customer Service team, always fast response and solve my problems quickly

Afrim from Moon Hostel Prishtine

Te best channel manager ever!

Since we ate using bananadesk we do not have any problem with our reservations or with overbooking, this also helps us to manage the guests payment. So and many other things that we do not need to lose much time using this channel.

Pros

This a very good channel to manage you company, we are using for more then one year and this is helping us alot about: Reservation, payment, manage our rooms, incoming, outgoing...

Cons

I like so much becouse i can see all incoming and all outgoing everytime that i want, check in and check out of our guest,

Justin from Marriott

Amazing site to use

Pros

Our hotel starting using this for 3rd party reservation and it has been amazing. Very easy to use and look at guest booking and modify payments if i need to.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. Easy to use! No complaints

Carolina from Nucapacha Travel S.A

Wouldn not change it at this point.

I have been working with bananadesk for 5 years already and i am happy with them. Although there is a lot of things they can still add, i am confident they are working on it. Is a very easy system to teach and to work with. We got to them after using pen and paper so they were lifesavers for us.

Pros

- It is very user friendly. - Easy to move guests around if they change rooms. - Makes distribution for groups very easy to see and change if needed. - Dashboard helps a lot. - They have help me changing little things like not letting my staff do checkins (or checkouts) if there is a balance. They do try to help personalizing stuff if needed.

Cons

- Is very easy to get duplicates in my guests database. (same person with 3 different records). - Not being able to use a private room as a dorm if needed. - I wish i could use their channel manager but it does not allow to change rates in different channels [yet] so this stops us for now. - It would be great if i could keep a better track of my physical inventory in the system.

Carolina from BlueBoutiqueHostel

Easy and Cheap

I use Bananadesk everyday, and I can only suggest they continue growing and who knows if one day we'll be using BananaChannels and BananaBookings! Overall I'm happy with this software and can only ask for an App to be a little bit better on the phone!

Pros

It is a super user friendly software. I have lots of interns comming for 1 or 2 months, and they learn very fast to use Bananadesk. Plus it's cheap considering other softwares on the market! But above all, the team is amazing and always ready to support or answer any doubts you have!

Cons

Pricing and "season rates" should be way easier for business like a hostel... I need to have 52 season rates in orther to manipulate prices weekly!!! The other thing that needs improving are the Dashboards... Unfortunately they have some limitations.

Benoit from Ocean Tigers dive house

Do really the hostel calendar job

Everybody who worked on hospitality industry I showed this software are amazed about it. They dreamed about a concept like that. it's so easy to see the reservations, It's all automatic if you receive reservations from hostelworld or others and so simple if you want to make some change. Maybe too easy, we need to be really careful, because there is no way to come back if we didn't pay attention. I will put a 10/10 the day they put an history button and a smart phone app.

Pros

The easy way to set up and use the calendar, the way to be able to reach the administrators.

Cons

There is no calendar history of what we changed on the calendar and we cannot come back if you did a mistake. It's possible to ask to Bananadesk team but it's not that simple. Not really adapted yet for a smart phone. That would be fantastic to have smart phone app.

Kyee Bhone from Little Yangon Hostel

Would like to say why I like Bananadesk.

While I using this bananadesk website, there is no serious problem. My experiences upon using bananadesk website are very easy to use, understandable, and prevent over booking. Because overbooking might be the main problem among channels. I could solve this by using bananadesk website. That is what I considered about bananadesk.

Pros

It is easy to use as a property management for the hostel. Clear display for all rooms & rates. The price can be set from one place connected with channel manager. If I have some problems, the operators suggest me as soon as possible. Time difference with different countries is never mind. But it can set the local time. Every important data is displayed in every reservation, not all. But that's okay.

Luke from Art Hole Hostel

Banana Desk has stopped our business going bananas

Pros

BananaDesk is extremely user-friendly​ bright and colorful​ - a joy to behold. It makes managing the beds in our hostel so very straightforward. And their helpdesk is brilliantly always on hand, if needed - which because their whole setup is rarely needed :)

Cons

Nothing springs to mind. Maybe if there was a way to color new reservations differently if they arrived in need of being pieced together - jumbled because of limited availability in a certain bed, sometimes we don't spot it until the last minute, but that's probably an impossibility. I must tell them. They've probably got a solution for that.

Iryna from Ginger Apart Hostel

Good software for hostels

- the overall experience is positive, we like the system and it simplifies the process of the guests check in and hostel management in general - decreases the possibility of overbooking - presents info visually - we are satisfied with the system

Pros

- banandesk was designed specifically for hostels, so there are no problem with adding beds an not just rooms - seasons with different price ranges can be made - easy to modify bookings - many integrations - informational email - simple and clear guest registration form - intuition nature of the system - income reports - statistics

Cons

- no message templates - sometimes more than 30 sec-1 min is needed for the reservation to be added on banandesk and you may receive two reservations for one rooms, but it happens very rare

Veronica from Casajungla Hostel

Useful and essential tool

Fast and effective

Pros

If you think about managing a hostel or hotel, it is essential to think about this TOOL. . Banana desk gives you all the solutions to manage and sell your rooms from one place and through all the pages you want without the possibility of overselling. The human team is always attentive to your questions. It is a useful and essential tool

Cons

It would be important to have an option to see the reservations entered on each page, and also to be able to manage better from the phone

MARIO from El Mirador Hostel

HOSTEL NEWERS HELPED A LOT WITH BANANA

BANANA was the best way to organize our hostel, taking into account...channels, direct sells, aditional sells in the hostel, a super cheap booking engine and a super easy and cleaver way of introducing prices!

Pros

The program is super easy to handle, we did not have any clues on how to run a PMS but BANANA gave us an easy and clear way to use it which took us about 15 minutes to knowledge its use.

Cons

We would like to be able to conect to more channels through banana.

Alejandro from Hotel Montealegre

Real collaborator in the management

100% satisfactory.

Pros

They fulfill what they offer, accessible value. Friendly and close support in prudent times. Very useful and easy to use.

Cons

It would slightly improve the collection of long-term statistics. Today there are certain requests that you must make via mail / chat. They always respond in very good time. It would be more attractive to have access to all statistics and information with total autonomy.

Gladys from Pixelhouse Hospedaje

Bananadesk is amazing!

Banana provides an amazing way to visualize all the management of your hotel, very intuitive and brings all what happens in a business such as this one into a clear visual platform.

Pros

We have been using bananadesk for more than a year and it simply is really useful, easy to use, has almost all that you can need in a hotel/hostel software, and the support is very quick to respond!

Cons

it would be great that it worked with more channel managers since we already switched to another one because we started working with a chain, so now banana is only an internal software but still very useful!

Rafael from La Chancabañita Tulum

One of the fastest and simplest products out there

We are very happy with this, product, we use it many times during the day and not even once had any problem or delay, always online and always fast.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, within a day we were ready to use it It helps us have complete control and information anytime and anywhere, office, laptop or cellphone!

Cons

Maybe being able to configure the calendar view a little more...

Michal from Tres Mundos

Excellent tool

It helps me to manage the reservations, it works automatically, imports automatically all the reservations and it basically do what it is, a property management system, very simple and useful.

Pros

Simplicity, it has al the features needed yet it's very straight forward. For a hostel management it works very well.

Cons

Used to be slow years ago but now works just fine.

Juan from Puma House

28/5000 good, but it could be better

It has been good, they have been since we opened our hostel, but they should keep contact with us more active and that is very important, loyalty is the word that describes what they do not do.

Pros

we like how easy it allows to enter reservations and synchronize with booking engines.

Cons

We do not like what we like the least: - have the option to report daily payments but in a detailed way -Best statistical data -that some steps are easier when checking in -Don't allow to differentiate rates separately for each booking channel

Enrique from Rivera Hostel Córdoba

Practical, easy and at a good price

We are Banana customers for more than 4 years, we have a dynamic business and a lot of staff turnover. This software is easy and practical. It makes you gain time in training the new staff and makes everything work!

Pros

Facilitates, orders and simplifies the work of hostel

Cons

Work in being able to direct the partial payment of the tones in the additional ones during the stay

Nadia from Holiday Estates Ltd.

Good option for small Hostels/Hotels

Pros

Little training required, some advance/management options are more complicated to get done but for a quick staff introduction works well.

Cons

You can only move one bed at the time, which is time wasting when you need to move a whole room. It could allow you to select all the ones you need to move to save time.

Andrea from Hospitality

Great Software!

No more overbookings! Great control of my bussiness!

Pros

You can have great control of your beds/rooms as well as your $ transactions.

Cons

You can’t select a specific date when you enter a transaction. It would be great to have the option to specify another day, rather than the day you are entering the transaction.

KRIENGKRAI from BANGKOK HUB HOSTEL

User Friendly

I am loving it.

Pros

Easy for use, even no manual. First time user/Non-experienced can use it.

Cons

It takes time to up date rate; we need to change it each day in a week. One log-in for multi-property will be great. Report should be more details, and accuracy. More function will be great.

Maria Alejandra from Wanderlust Hostel Armenia

Banana Desk Review

The management is easy to learn for everyone and allows us to keep very organized.

Pros

We like it very much because its not complicated to use it.

Cons

The monthly cost should be measured differently. I would recommend adding a method to carry inventories of additional services.

Constanza from sayab hostel

Industry: Facilities Services

exelent!

we are so glad to take Bananadesk as our Manager of Sistem reservations. We very recommend it!

Pros

We like the easy way to use this sistem of reservations. Always is working well and fast.

Cons

Sometimes the web doesn't work and we must refresh the page at least 5 times.

Pablo from Hostel Achalay

Good, simple and super user friendy

its a very good system, good suport and user friendly. The best for hostels who works withvoluntiers

Pros

it is very simple system, really good for rockies and new staff.

Cons

I`d recommend to add categories and subcategories for "aditionals" and stock control

MARISTELA from NA MATA SUITES

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I'm glad with BD!

Specially overbooking possibilities. 100% solved by BD.

Pros

It operates perfectly. And whenever I need it, the support team is there to help me.

Cons

That it doesn't offer an APP version. I would be SO much easier to work via cell phone.

Beatrice from PuraGuajira Hostel

Great hostel system!

Pros

Is easy to use, to install and to learn. It basically do all the jobs and gives us the freedom to spend less time in front a computer.

Cons

It doesn't work without internet. A bit pricey if you are a large hostel

Wilson from Villa Oropeza Hostel

Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent service. highly recommended

I highly recommend banadesk to any host who wants to better manage their reservations, it is a pretty nice and clear platform that helped me a lot to improve the theme of my availability thus achieving better organization.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it is often slow to process orders to perform an operation

Natalia from BlackPine Hostel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The best software ever

It is a platform that is very dynamic and easy to use !!! It has helped us a lot to handle reservations

Pros

the way you can handle reservations, the truth everything is excellent

Cons

we do not have nothing to complain about

Rémi from La Galeria B&B

BananaDesk PMS Review

everything great

Pros

easy to use, easy to learn, simple and effective

Cons

programing the daily price, to change the daily price I need to registre every week of the year and its a long job.

Fabian from Simple Hostel Budapest

Bananadesk - a great PMS

Pros

It is very simple to set up and manage, and the Support Crew is absolutely helpful. Makes the daily tasks in the hostel easy.

Cons

Right now I could not mention any downsides.

Damian from Hospital & Health Care

user friendly, support is always available

Pros

Easy to use, the color codes, the ability to see if payment is made or note

Cons

The price, slightly over priced compare to other providers

lucas from Hostel Dos Monos

Excellent service!

Pros

What we like the most is to avoid overbooking

Cons

A few time the sistem could not process some bookings, but the suport staff inmediatly let us know, so it's not really a con.

Essam from Guest House Kyoto Inn

v good

Pros

easy but cant use on my phone need to make an app on the smart phone or android

Cons

cant use on my phone ,need to make an app on the smart phone or android

SILVIA from EL PETATE HOSTEL

WE LOVE BANANA!!

We concentrate the channels in the system so it´s easier for the team to use and learn. The color coding help us with the status of the guests and help us organice the everyday working scheme. Before banana we had to be extra careful with possible overbooking between reservation channels, but now, that´s not a problem anymore. :)

Pros

Cons

we can´t think about anything right now, it´s very good.

Javier from Hotel Buenos Aires

Easy to use.

Great tool to help you to organize your bookings. l recommend it for sure :)

Pros

l like how quick update the info of all the channels.

Cons

l think is an expensive tool, but necessary.

Olena from Hostel Mirak

Nice program

Good

Pros

Is very friendly user. Very visual, colors help.

Cons

Its very basic. Some functions missing..

luis from viejo lobo hostel

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

exelent

Pros

easy to use, intuitive, and really complet tool

Cons

the accesibility on smartphones an tablets

Sara from Camone hostel

simplicity

We have been working with Bananadesk for the last 2 years and we are very happy. Is the best way to organize our hostel.

Pros

very easy to set up and use and to have a great control of the bookings. its life saver to the hostel!

Cons

we do not have nothing to complain about.

Alvaro from Backpackers San Pedro

I win time, and for the dame, I win tourists!

Pros

The new receptionists (usually travellers) can learn to use this system very fast. The platform and the colors make it very friendly, I love it! Also the price is good, not too expensive like others.

Cons

The options that offer to the tourists for book a bed. Only accept credit card. Could use PayPal, debit cards... give more options.

Nicola from Lisbon Loft

Happy user

Happy with the product

Pros

Easy to use Self explanatory Conatcting tech support is effortless

Cons

Software sometimes has issues communicating with myallocator resulting in overbooking.

Hostel from La Justina

Good system

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive that`s a good way to take care your business

Cons

Nothing right now, maybe if this have some more options would be nice

Fo from H2 Backpackers

No comment

Very good

Pros

Very good channel manager And not will over

Cons

Easy to manage Avaibility and prices To work our hostel..

Heather from The West Coast House

Needs some improvements

Overall it’s good just needs an app ASAP

Pros

Customer service is great and it’s pretty easy to use. For the price it’s worthwhile

Cons

No APP!!! The website is not mobile friendly and every time you have to log into the online system making it very time consuming

Price