All Bookwhen Reviews

Telecommunications

Reviewed May 2018

Best point of sale for educational programs.

PROS

Ease of use, user interface, fees, notifications, registration forms, discounting, customer service, payment interface

CONS

Filtering events. It is difficult to create a link to filter to only a specific category of events. A lot of learnings on URLs needed.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, James! We agree that a proper interface for filtering on events would be a good addition. However, we think the ability to use Markdown to create very customisable options/layouts for filtering is a good substitute in the meantime. We appreciate some of this can feel a bit advanced, so if our help articles aren't enough then we're always here to help you with the code! Thanks very much for using the system :) Cheers, Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Andrea

Reviewed November 2019

Great for a small business!

My overall experience is positive. Bookings have increased, admin time has decreased and the chat support provided by BookWhen has been quick to resolve issues.

PROS

For me the greatest advantage is that it has given me more time. Doing all the bookings myself and the emails back and forth and trying to workout payment methods was very time consuming. Now I receive fewer emails to respond to with most customers just booking on and choosing to pay online. I feel that bookings have also increased since having the BookWhen system.

CONS

I'm not very good with using technology and it's taken me a bit of time to get my head around how to set up the BookWhen features and use them. I find that for me it's often a lot of trial and error. However, I do frequently go to the support section to read the articles which are most often quite helpful. I do wish that the forms section was more sophisticated. I tried using attachments for my forms - however customers rarely print them off and bring them to class. Paper forms is something I'd really like to get rid of.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Mindbody had more features than I needed and is expensive - seemed more suitable for larger business. I really liked the forms feature of Vagaro - and that nearly swayed me; but it also had a cost that I felt I couldn't justify for my very small business. Bookwhen covered everything I needed for my small business and at a reasonable cost.

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for leaving us such an honest review! It's nice to learn you've got less admin and more bookings since using Bookwhen :-) We're sorry to hear it took you a while to get up to speed - do make the most of our support team, as we're always happy to help out! Regarding your forms, we'd love to chat further to see if it would be a possibility to recreate your form file as booking fields instead. Please do get in touch if this is still an issue. Best wishes, Jenny

Replied December 2019

kate

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Bookwhen

PROS

Easy and quick to use, inexpensive. Looked nice

CONS

No monthly calendar view, long lists get too confusing for customers

calendar view

Reviewed July 2021

Great booking software

Very positive experience.

PROS

Scheduling is easy, booking is straightforward for customers. Technical support is very good.

CONS

Suits my business requirements perfectly.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Good demo. UK based company. Easy to use and good price.

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

Lots of problems with the software and very poor customer support.

Marina

Reviewed July 2022

Love Bookwhen

Booking system - brilliant Customer Service - exceptional!

PROS

It's simple but effective to use and saves me a whole heap of time with client bookings!

CONS

I'd like to see an option to have client notes on there, eg stiff low back etc

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Better value for money and less hassle setting up!

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great functionality

PROS

I love how they have thought of everything I might need, and even included things that I didn't realise that I needed - like the waiting list with a time limit. I tried another booking site and it didn't have anything close to the functionality of Bookwhen. I soon learnt my way around and found it very easy to use and really could not be running my business without it now. It has taken away so much of my stress.

CONS

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like.

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

Calendly did not have the functionality I needed and even though lots of people were requesting they add new functionality, they simply weren't bothering.

Reviewed May 2021

EXCELLENT

The support I get from the customer services is second to none. I cannot fault them . They are here to help and support. I wish I had set up this online booking system sooner to assist me in my small business. It frees up time so I can get on lesson planning.

PROS

It ease for me to set up and for my clients to use. I have had all positive feedback from using this system

CONS

I have nothing negative to say about this software

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

it look aesthetically pleasing on the eye for my customers and better value for money

Peter

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Great Product to Manage your Event

I am extremely happy with this product.The help desk are excellent and quick to respoind to my queries

PROS

It is so easy to use. i like the reporting and the way that i can easily edit my events

CONS

The customer wait list is not great.I can't run a report to show me who is waiting. I have to click on every booking to get customer details on the wait list

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

it was cheaper and easier to use

Clare

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

A great little booking tool and all for free!

Helps us to stay organised when customers book in with us for webinars, consultations and online training sessions.

PROS

It has a simple interface where you can customise your event(s) and take multiple bookings or limit to just one booking per customer. We use it to allow customers to book in for online webinars, consultations and training sessions. We don't need to take any payment so I haven't used that part of the service. It must be simple to use, as I've never had to reach out to their support team or even online documentation - it's all pretty self explanatory once you've had a poke around to familiarise yourself first.

CONS

It used to look a little dated but they recently got everyone on the old version to update to the new version (still free - yay) and it looks better now. It would be nice if you could customise the public facing page a little more, but for a free package, I'm not complaining!

Thanks for the review, Clare! Great that you're over on the new system now, hope you're enjoying it!

Replied March 2018

Amy

Reviewed August 2023

Takes the stress out of managing bookings

Fantastic!

PROS

Ease of use and support when setting up.Quick response of support team to Amy queries

CONS

Nothing! So far I’ve been able to ask the team and find a solution to any queries I’ve had

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Recommendation from a friend and mentor

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Amazing for Small Business Users

PROS

Bookwhen saves me so much time every single day!! It has completely taken away the headache from my booking procedures, it allows me to take prepayments, have class waiting lists, sends automatic reminders. All these things I personally used to do manually on pen and paper, through phone contact with each client. Now the bookings just roll in everyday with ease! It is tremendous value for money, in fact it’s the only bill I see coming in every month that brings a smile to my face, knowing it’s money well invested.

CONS

There are some minor technicalities that occasionally crop up but the customer service response is so efficient that it doesn’t bother me. They also seem to be improving functionality constantly so if they notice something not working to a great standard you can be sure they will improve it soon!

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Thank you so much for this amazing review Claire! We really appreciate you taking the time and providing such useful insight into how Bookwhen has transformed the day to day of running your business. Here's to many more successful years of working together in the future :-) - Jenny

Replied September 2019

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

The perfect fit

I spent months trying to find the perfect booking system to meet my needs. There were many good products on offer, but nothing that gave me what exactly what I was looking for...there was always a compromise somewhere. I then found Bookwhen and it was a perfect fit. It has revolutionized the way we operate our business. It is user-friendly, very easy to navigate both backends and for our guests and it has a great design/layout which matched the look and feel of our website. Bookwhen also offers quick and professional support whenever you need. I was able to share feedback, so when the new system was introduced with the new improvements, I felt that my feedback was taken into account and that we had grown together! It really is a fantastic booking system, our business is running at 100% occupancy and I feel that this is partly due to the ease of online bookings. We will be going into our 5th year with Bookwhen and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

PROS

Ease of use/very simple back end User-friendly, clients find it easy to use and we have never had someone, not book due to the difficulty of the booking system. Great design - Clean and neat Does exactly what I need it to do Excellent support

CONS

Nothing I think it has more features than I am making full use of!

It's always great working with you Claire - 5 years and still going strong! Hopefully you have some room free at some point this summer so we can visit your beautiful retreat!

Replied January 2017

Reviewed June 2019

No need to look anywhere else, Bookwhen is the best option!

Bookwhen has enabled me to run my tiny yoga studio with a lot less stress. I had been thinking of just doing bookings by SMS etc, but within 48 hours, Bookwhen had already demonstrated its value. There is zero chance I would remember everyone's bookings/cancellations/changes if it was done by SMS. With Bookwhen, my customers can make their own changes whenever they need to, meaning I don't need to get involved.

PROS

Ease of use, excellent customer service and fantastic pricing.

CONS

There are minor limitations... eg it doesn't integrate with Mailchimp yet. But this is offset by the excellent customer service - willing to listen to suggestions, always respond quickly to confirm whether your idea is already on their list of things to look at etc...

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

It was immediately obvious that Bookwhen would be suited to my small operation, and that it was affordable. So many of these other solutions are too big with too many options, and too expensive. I can only fit six people in my yoga studio, so I didn't need software that managed multiple locations or teachers. However, Bookwhen would be able to handle my needs if I ever grow bigger.

Hi Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're really pleased you didn't go with the SMS idea and chose Bookwhen instead! :D We always welcome your suggestions and feedback and look forward to many more years of working together! - Jenny

Replied July 2019

Leonie

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2018

Best Booking Software Ever!

It's easy to use, affordable, has great features and customer support is always great.

PROS

Not being very tech savvy, I find this system so easy to use. I run a small home-based business so it's great that Bookwhen is not and expensive to have. Excellent Customer Support. It has all the features that I need.

CONS

I would say that the TROLLEY symbol should be bigger or a CART function needs to be applied as when some customers want to make multiple bookings, they don't always notice the trolley symbol near the class and so they book and pay for each class seperately. This causes an inconvenience.

Hi Leonie, Thanks very much for this amazing review! Regarding the basket system, we've actually introduced a banner at the top of all booking pages with a live update on number of tickets and price, so I think this resolves the particular issue you raised :) It should be even clearer for your customers now! Thanks, Luke

Replied September 2018

Jules

Reviewed May 2020

Brilliant!

I now have way more time, I don't have to manually 'register' my students. I also don't have to worry about who has paid for class, the online payment system has sorted that. My students love the ease of booking class. I just have to work out how to link Zoom to Bookwhen so I will be messaging [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Support to help. Customer Support is AMAZING by the way, they are so helpful and have so much patience. Bookwhen has been a revelation.

PROS

Once you get used to the layout and the different functions, it is an easy system to run.

CONS

It did take me a little while to overcome my resistance to technology and I definitely made things harder for myself in the early days. If you are like me and struggle with tech stuff setting up Bookwhen may be a challenge.

I hope we managed to answer your query on the Zoom integration Jules! It is a relatively new feature and a lot of our customers love it so we're quite proud of it :-) Thanks for your review! Jen

Replied September 2020

Lesley

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

BookWhen

BookWhen is fantastic. It has allowed us to streamline our administration system, saving alot of time. this means that we have been able to extend our programmes and run programmes in other localities.

PROS

The setup was easy. The scheduling is great and customers love the online booking system

CONS

It would be fantastic if it could send texts in the same way it sends emails to groups.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

It seemed to suit our needs. It has proven to be a fantastic option and the communication from the BookWhen team is exceptional.

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

The previous product increased astronomically in price and the service from their team was abysmal and rude.

Brad