What are Campspot users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Campspot software through verified user reviews

• icon"Campspot has incredible features for the price point. And the support team is super, especially while you are taking over and learning this program."
  • icon"I really like the Express Check In feature which really allows us to be a much more efficient campground and simplify our processes. The optimization grid built into this software is amazing."
  • icon"The software has a modern look and is easy to navigate from day one."
  • icon"The inability to open cash drawer from point of sale with totaling an item."
  • icon"The initial upload was a little difficult, several months of reservations had to be manually checked and corrected."
  • icon"It is missing the booking directly from the grid for the seasoned staff and you can not modify single admin hold if you booked multiple on hold sites."

Browse all Campspot Reviews

• Have you used Campspot and would like to share your experience with others?

Greta

Maximize Revenue!

Pros

- Less staff training time because the software is intuitive to use - Ability to have a lot of business rules set up - Lock in fees are boosting our revenue! - The ability to have all our marketing photos shown with their unit. - Golf carts and other ancillary accounts shown in the flow through has brought up revenue substantially since we started using Campspot. - Automated grid moving which allows staff to focus on other things - I really like the heat maps and the advanced reservation reprots that they have which show real time per unit site night information and site night revenue. From an operations stand point this is really helpful in making decisions!

Cons

Campspot is a relatively new software company, so there have been a couple small bumps along the way. But their responsiveness and willingness to make the software better for the user/staff as well as the consumer far outweigh any cons.

Kim

Customer support is AMAZING and worth 10 stars!

Far and wide our experience with Campspot has been amazing! We have increased with online bookings, and utilizing the deposit required feature for bookings, have drastically cut down on no-shows and lost revenue. Again, the customer service department is the best I have ever worked with across several business entities. Reporting is very good and diverse. Definitely recommend and champion Campspot within industry contacts and groups.

Pros

Our RV park was looking for a program with real time reservation capabilities. Campspot has this plus so much more! The set up process was very easy, and I felt like at any time I could contact my customer support rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and she would either walk me through my questions, or just fix what was on my list. I think that the pricing is more than fair-charged for online reservations only. I like that I can set rules for reservations and pricing, and that it helps with exceptions pretty well. We have a small POS offering, and I think that system works well, but also see that it would work well for larger or multi-location stations as well.

Cons

I feel extended stay reservations(not seasonal) can be a bit cumbersome when the guest doesn't know the exact length of stay. Moving reservations can be very multi-step if you are just trying to trade 2 spots. I wish it kept track of last discount used, so you could verify if same, not have to ask each time like a repeat guest is not remembered. Not crazy about Card Connect, their required credit card processor. For as amazing as Campspot customer service is, Card Connect is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Wish we could use the processor of our choice.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

The initial start up cost was a large factor- what if we hated it, and had wasted money? The fact that you were only paying for use- charge per reservation- was great because money is coming in as money goes out- not a flat fee per month. Ease of set up, importing guest lists was super important for us. If I had spoken to my account rep before we decided, there wouldn't have been any other discussions. She answered all my questions, no matter how many times or ways I asked the same thing, and is one of the best selling features that I promote when sharing about Campspot!

Realtime reservation capability Pricepoint POS system

Jon

April 2022

Good for small campgrounds, not so great for larger ones

The Sales process seemed expedited and we were warned many times that "if we didn't sign soon, we might not be able to get implemented for awhile". Now I think that's because some of the items we found during (and after) implementation would have perhaps caused us to make a different decision.

Pros

I like the online booking guest user experience and being able to add photos and descriptions to our various site types. I also like the ability for guests to book add ons to their reservation, and I like the Site Optimization and Dynamic Pricing on the Administrative/back end.

Cons

We cannot add more than one guest to a reservation without using user-defined fields within the Reservation. This doesn't create a Customer Profile for them which causes us several problems. We can't add a membership to their account because they don't have one. They can't charge to a site because they weren't the primary person who made the reservation, don't have a Customer Profile, and don't have a Credit Card on file. We aren't a family campground and many of our reservations are friends who need their own accounts. We can't add a Customer Profile manually. Because we cannot enter additional guest information into the Reservation, it was suggested that we use one of the user-defined fields to capture this. For online bookings, this is done during the check-in process, which only goes out 24 hours before arrival. We have over 100 sites.. Which means we have to review ALL of them 24 hours before they arrive. Holiday weekends we're sold out, and it's a lot of work to do to prepare. Although still a pain, if we could capture this at the time of booking instead of at the time of check it, at least we would have it a little earlier. So, my ask here is that user-defined questions be allowed to be asked at the time of booking and not just check-in.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

We had heard good things about the software and wanted to take advantage of the dynamic pricing options.

Ernie

Campspot is made for the new normal

My experience with Campspot has been wonderful. The software is easy to use, very intuitive, and efficient when taking reservations over the phone. And I can't say enough about the exceptional customer service. Every request I have sent has had a quick response and resolution. The customer sat employees really make you feel comfortable asking any questions you might have regarding the use of the software.

Pros

The best parts about Campspot, to me, are the online check-in function, and the pencil-in-hold feature. Both are great for parks who have closed their offices due to safety concerns during the pandemic. Everything can be handled via email and it has streamlined my reservations and check-ins. I plan on using these features even after opening up my office again.

Cons

There is no way to offer a daily discount on the consumer site, so I ask my customers to leave a note during checkout with their discount affiliation. Most guests do not read most of the instructions I provide so I get a lot of calls asking how to get their discount applied. I would like to see a feature that allows guests to select their own discounts during online booking.

Design, price

Reasons for switching to Campspot

I honestly started looking at Campspot because of the beautiful design. I was a designer in a previous life and I am drawn to software that looks professional, clean, and modern. But after my initial contact with my account manager, I realized this was actually going to save me a lot of money and time as well as looking good.

DEVIN

Campspot makes booking sites easy!

Overall, campspot is great. My staff was reluctant at first but now they are loving the new software!

Pros

I love the ease of booking a reservation on the backend as well as the online platform. Our guests are excited to be able to book anytime! The grid optimization is a key feature that has eliminated the manual “Tetris” playing we used to do with our grid. The lock site fee to most campers is a no brainer and the extra revenue from that has been excellent! We are very happy with campspot and the support from them has been amazing.

Cons

The billing features For long term campers could use a little work. Most monthly campers Are billed from the day they arrive until that day in the next month. The billing side doesn’t quite like that, and it causes lots of confusion from customers why we have to always edit their bill. I also wish you could choose which invoice to attach a meter reading to. I am finding them being doubled on reservations because they are attaching to the wrong monthly invoice.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Ease of use. Cost was less expensive !

Reasons for switching to Campspot

Because parcs wasn’t giving us what we needed any more and

AWESOME Reservation Software

Pros

We love that the product was designed by people that really understand campground reservations. We love the support. They are always there when you need them. We love that they offer all types of reports that will be needed for your business. We love that they ask for our opinion and ideas. Several of which they have implemented in updates they do frequently. We love the easy in which our customer can make a reservation any time, 24/7/365. Love Campspot and highly recommend it to every campground owner.

Cons

Hmmmmmm, can't come up with any. We love Campspot.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

The overall appeal of the consumer side of Campspot is leaps and bounds ahead of any competitor. The customer service is by far the best around.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

The overall appeal of the consumer side of the software. When your customer clicks the link to make the reservation, they know they know they are in the right spot. The consumer side really highlights your campground. The ease in which they can make a reservation. Your customer is confident that they are reserving at your campground.

Jon

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Very happy with this software

Very happy!

Pros

Campsite lock fees are a great income generator! We can use from anywhere, even on our phones. Online reservations pay for the whole package!

Cons

Sometimes we want to try reports that are not available (yet), however, sometimes we see that they took our suggestion and made a report to show what we wanted to see.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Demo looked better to us.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

We wanted an online software instead of one that was based only on our server. Campspot was online and basically free.

Sandra

Just What I Had Been Looking For

I had used a different program for about three years but always felt it was "old and outdated" for simplicity and ease of use. Campspot DEFINATELY made converting to their program a breeze. And the ongoing training and updates they send out shows customers they are committed to providing the BEST program to fit individual park needs and desires.

Pros

Favorite feature is PRICING! I cannot believe the value for this product. Campspot has incredible features for the price point. And the support team is super, especially while you are taking over and learning this program.

Cons

I wish converting Holds to actual Reservations was simplified.... I think they are working on this, but currently not simple. And while they have tons of reports, sometimes I cannot find just the right info I need. But support is helpful to getting the numbers I request.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Initial tutorial and pricing. My hour long tutorial really went thru so much, I was SOLD after that. And I have not regretted that decision on bit.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

I felt it was outdated and very complicated. And it was difficult to customize to my parks needs.

Keeley

So glad we chose this software

We are loving the accessibility of CampSpot. We feel they are excellent at continuously improving their software and genuinely listen to customers requests.

Pros

Online booking has been huge for our customers. Its easy for them to navigate around the software. We also love that we can access it from our mobile phones easily while out and about (especially during the off season).

Cons

I am patiently waiting for a texting feature. Also customized emails to our customers. I also would love the POS system to be more detailed and act like a true register system.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

The pricing was a huge seller. Plus we thought the ResNexus salesman was extremely condescending and arrogant. We love how personable and prompt the service is from CampSpot.

Mitch

Try it! It is fantastic

Pros

The transition between systems was seamless. Campspot did all the work! And they did it very fast. The best feature for us is the online reservations. We have tripled the number of online reservations that we get because of campspot! The free POS is great too! Training new employees is easier than ever before. Setup was easy and very customizable!

Cons

As management, there is nothing I don't like about the system. We made more money this year than ever before and a huge part of that was campspot. Less people answering phone calls because everyone made their reservations online, saved us so much time and money.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

Not intuitive system. Terrible online reservations

Julie

Management made easier

I chose and assisted in the backend build of our park. I've been involved from day 1 and made training our crew seamless with the additional support and webinars from Campspot. I wasn't ever on my own to figure it out - there is ample assistance along the way.

Pros

The most helpful feature in campspot is the algorithm for the booking chart. Having a blend of staff that are new to reservations and seasoned pros this makes the on boarding process that much easier while optimizing the grid.

Cons

It is missing the booking directly from the grid for the seasoned staff and you can not modify single admin hold if you booked multiple on hold sites. Minor in the grand scheme of things with all of the other features.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

For the size of our park - Campspot had proven success with even larger parks.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

For the ease of adding online booking in a user friendly format

Deb

Campspot Reservation System

The biggest benefit is on-line booking...something that is a definite need. Ask yourself when was the last time you called a hotel to book a room? Although we still answer phones, it definitely diminished the amount of calls coming in, and with a small business with minimal employees that was a huge help.

Pros

The support team for this system is amazing. They are always available and have a great team attitude

Cons

Integration with our business was time consuming but work load was less with Campspot team members help. There are some features I would like to have but Campspot listens to ideas and is implementing things on a regular basis.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Price, ease of use, reports

Wanted 1. on line booking 2. support

DezaRae

User Friendly and More Revenue!

Pros

We are currently finishing up our 4th season with Campspot. We've used at least 3 other systems at my park since I started working here, but we have never loved a system more than this one. The ability to optimize sites to fit as many people into the park as possible has allowed us to provide even more families a memorable vacation that we would not have been able to provide with any other system. The site lock-in option allows guests to pick their favorite site in the park and not have to worry about being moved. So far in 2019, we have made $88,705 in locked site fees alone. The online booking option is as easy as purchasing clothing online as it is the most user-friendly software we've ever used. More people booking online has allowed our reservations staff to spend less time on the phone and more time helping and interacting with guests here at the park. I highly suggest at least letting Campspot give you a demo!

Cons

As with any company, we always have little tweaks and extra things we would like to do here at the park. Campspot has worked with us to develop new reporting, customize our park, and get us any information that we could possibly need. Their responsiveness and turnaround time for questions or issues is unparalleled.

Stop Here

Campspot helped us bring new revenue streams we couldnt before. We have sold more add ons than ever before. 86% increase in golf cart sales the first year. 24% increase in sites the first year. 34% increase in Cabin rentals the first year. Campspot took us from a maximum of 21% of our sites being online booked, to almost 50% in one season. Unbelievable. One other very critical point is the constant improvements and the networking. Campspot constantly asks what its customers would like to see in the software. Then they do it. Very refreshing.

Pros

This software is very intuitive. It is easy to set up, its fast, its very easy to adapt it to all the variables out there in our industry. It has an ability to increase revenue that others cant. It looks great to our customers, and it significantly helps us up charges. The tech support is the best in the industry.

Cons

The only Con with this software is its ability to plug directly into many financial platforms for reporting. I have not experienced a barrier, but I have networked with others that have an issue with Quickbooks online.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Simplicity, and the customer interface is powerful. Very clean to our customer.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

Support was non-existant, flat online sales, customer interface, no ability to generate complex add ons. If your on the fence trying to decide between software platforms, don't waste your time looking at the others.

Easy to use, maximizes profits, and is backed by the best customer support. What could be better?

Pros

-This system is so intuitive and easy to use, and I keep learning more features every time I use it. -Very clean and visually appealing. -All of the reporting is incredibly helpful and provides so much insight to our bookings. -Allows for quick and easy changes to the rates, rules, and other item details that allows us to stay agile. -The reservations grid automatically optimizes bookings to maximize revenue. -The lock-in fees allows customers to lock-in to their specific site wanted and also increases our revenue. -A very cool feature is also the Add-On grid, which allows customers to add on additional options like golf carts, cabanas, hot tubs, etc, while also allows our reservations people monitor the inventory of those items. -Fantastic customer support who not only helps with all of our questions, but also uses feedback to develop new and better features. -Been a fantastic experience so far, and our park employees have had great experiences with the system.

Cons

Have not really had any issues or cons to mention with the system so far. The ease of use and autonomy of the system has been great and any support needed has been more than helpful.

Blake

WillowTree Review

Overall, the experience has been very good! The ability for customers to book online and the great optimization tools have more then paid for the initial setup and ongoing cost of the system.

Pros

The online booking features and the streamline consumer facing page made our decision easy when selecting a reservation software. We also love the cloud based platform, which allows for streamlined collaboration and access across the company.

Cons

The initial upload was a little difficult, several months of reservations had to be manually checked and corrected. Also, getting accustomed to the financial reporting system took a little trial and error.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

The lack of online booking options and our existing software aged out.

Shari

Excellent Software That is Easy to Use

We could not be happier and can’t imagine using anything else. I am so happy thst we started out with Campspot. Also, they helped us with selecting a credit card processor. We find our processing fees to be very reasonable.

Pros

It is easy to use and get around in. The set up team did a great job showing us what the software could do for a small park like ours. They only showed us features that pertained to our park. But after using it, it’s easy to see how it would work well for parks much larger than ours. As for value, it is exceptional! The fees are minimal and we have never had an online customer balk at the $2 booking fee. The customers are easily able to book the sites themselves and several have told me that it was seamless for them. Letting the customers book allows me to focus on making their camping experience exceptional.

Cons

Part of using the software means that they draw up a map for you. Our map is very accurate, easy to read and looks professionally designed. My only desire would be for the map to change colors for the sites that have been reserved from within the owners view. Customers can look at your map and easily see what is reserved. I would just love to have that same feature from my view.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

The reviews from current users sold us. I knew that being new to the RV Park Industry we really needed excellent customer service from the software that we choose. Campspot was highly recommend and they deliver each time I call. They are patient, professional and always give me several options to make the changes I am looking for.

Lara

Customer Service Greatness

I love Campspot. There might be a "better" program, but I'll never go look, because their customer service is beyond anything I've experienced in this industry and others.

Pros

I get almost no phone calls from customers booking over the web without us. I love the grid and report features. They just updated the back side that I use and I love the updates!!!

Cons

There are a lot of reports and so it's hard sometimes to find exactly what I'm looking for, but when that happens I just email customer service and they help run one that works for me.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

I had met the developers at ARVC and I could see that their love for the camping community was genuine and that they would work hard to make sure our customers where taken care of.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

They where bought up by another company and I didn't like working with the company that bought them out.

Mandi

Reliable Web Based Reservation Software

Pros

Campspot is a reliable software that is easy to use. You can make reservations quickly. The online booking engine is user-friendly. We have seen a big increase in online reservations. Support staff, when we do need them, are helpful and respond quickly. They listen and implement feedback to make changes.

Cons

The switch from our previous software took longer than anticipated. Making the change to Campspot is absolutely worth it, though.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

We viewed multiple programs and researched software at a national campground convention. Campspot represented themselves well, and the cost is extremely reasonable. We are actually saving money each month and have a much better program.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

After a few years, our previous software started to decline in reliability. Our last summer using the software, there were multiple days that the entire software crashed and you couldn't reach support.

Lea

A Campground Software For Any Budget

We are very happy with the software and the customer service we have received. They are very responsive and if they don't have an answer for an issue and say they will call you back they do.

Pros

When we were looking for software, there are a lot of players out there and many of them had great products. The problem is that they were so cost prohibitive. Campspot was able to give us everything we needed and not break the bank. They listen to their customers and make changes that make sense for all users of any size park.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can say there is anything that I like least. There are a few things that we miss from our old software, but Campspot is better in so many other ways. Being cloud based limits the changes we can make to it that would personalize it for us, but we love the fact that it's could based, so it's a give and take.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

The cost and customer service kept bringing us back to them. As a park with only 50 sites we could not see spending a monthly fee.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

We wanted something we could access away from the business and had a better online booking program.

Bevin

Great software

All of my interactions with CampSpot have been very positive. Every time I call with a questions, I get the feeling that they are really there to help me! They take suggestions and act on it. I really feel like they are there to help my business grow.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and it's easy to take a glance at your day, week or month to plan on housekeeping needs.

Cons

To change prices and dates you need to use templates, and import the data. It's a bit cumbersome, but someone is always willing to assist.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

Peer reviews as well as the over "feel" of the product

Reasons for switching to Campspot

OpenHotel was not really geared to our business.

Damien

up there with the best

Great

Pros

After using several systems over the last 10 years, campspot has some of my favourite features, the grid style layout makes for a clear visibility of the calendar and reservations, using colour schemes for ease of use, the dynamic pricing option is fantastic and becoming more common within the industry, the grid / calendar optimisation is great for ensuring your park is full, also the support time are fantastic and quick to respond.

Cons

There are a few features i would like Campspot to develop or improve moving forward, the e-mailing templates are not quite mastered yet, the feature is there but we need to be able to edit and amend these as we see fit, not using standardised templates. Being able to drag and drop bookings on the calendar would be amazing. Overall it is a very good system for our needs

Reasons for choosing Campspot

user friendly, advanced features and most cost effective.

Teresea

Impressive software

The people at Campspot have been very helpful to us. The setup was easy and they were quite helpful. They provided us with free training and then checked in with us after we had starting using the software daily to make sure that we were still happy with it. If we have any question, our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], always gets back to us with answers. We have only had our campground since 2016 and just switched to Campspot in the fall of 2019. This has worked the best for us, both in ease of use and cost.

Pros

I really like this reservation software. It is very easy to use for both my staff and our customers who can make their reservations online.

Cons

I think that some of the reports could be improved. The sales tax reports needs some work.

Reasons for choosing Campspot

We were just starting to look at other reservation software when we found Campspot, we liked it, so we didn't look any further.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

Cost was the majority of the decision. When we did our Campspot demo, there were lots of things with the software that we liked better than RezNexus.

chris

Campspot

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Very versatile software.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, multi functional

Cons

the Map is almost useless, i wish more functionality was incorporated into this tab

Reasons for choosing Campspot

RMS was too expensive and Campground Master did not offer the needed options

Reasons for switching to Campspot

Astra was not user friendly, did not support the way we run our business and was not trustworthy.

Amber

December 2021

A must have reservation system!

Overall, Campspot is my favorite software! It is incredibly user friendly! Also, every single person I have interacted with have been nothing short of amazing!

Pros

First off, the ease and efficiency of making reservations is a huge deal. Everything from manual input to online reservations is simple and quick. The system is so smart, it will not let you make a mistake! But in the result you do hit a snag, the costumer service from the Campspot team is unmatched! I have worked with several different systems over the last 18 years; the response time is quick and easy to understand! That is a huge bonus for me!

Cons

The only con I can think of is having to put in all of a guest's info if you have to manually input a credit card number when using the P.O.S. system. But that is so minor and rarely needed.

Reasons for switching to Campspot

The switch was due to a job change. But I convinced my previous employer to switch to Campspot as well!

4.79/5 out of 56 reviews