• Pros

• "Easy to use, great customer service, great for hotels"

• "I like the features and ease of use. Great reporting options as well "

• "Easy to use and fairly straight forward/ support system "

• Cons

• "I would suggest you make it compatible with Google Chrome as I can only use it with Internet Explorer and my laptop does not support it anymore. "

• "I wish that it had auto save features. Also I have issues logging in to the GM and settlement sections from certain browsers, it just won't load or says we need Microsoft Silverlight. "

• "Would love to see more keyboard shortcuts to make it faster, than looking, pointing, and clicking."

Browse Jonas Chorum Reviews

Tyson from Mouallem Management Group

A great cloud based PMS

We enjoy Jonas Chorum in our hotels. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our account manager, is extremely helpful and prompt.

Pros

Cloud based and usable on most web browsers! It's so great to not have to worry about managing servers and having access to the system wherever you are. The mobile app is helpful on the go and also having the Cloud Sync option to be able to use the PMS when the internet happens to go out in your area is a must.

Cons

Although the Chorum team is very open to feedback, at times, enhancement requests can take a long time to be implemented.

Eric from Witham Family Hotels

Don't Be Fooled By All The Flashy Start-ups, Chorum Is a Solid Performer!

The set up, on-boarding, and continued customer service are all excellent. We've only had the product less than a year and they've already rolled out 2 significant updates adding many welcome features. We currently have 5 properties on the platform and all are happy overall. As a big warning to all: We spent a lot of time researching and piloted two other PMS before this which costs our company a lot of money. All I can say is don't be fooled by clever marketing and slick looking screenshots. There is a big difference between a PMS created by a bunch of software engineers and a company with a history of creating solid PM software. Even though we did our due diligence and were assured by other vendors it was the right choice we got honeypotted twice. While Chorum isn't the most cutting edge looking PMS, they have the experience and knowledge to create a solid PMS that is easy to learn and can be still be used by larger hotels.

Pros

-Cloud-based with nice app than managers can use to get updates as well as can be used by HK and Maint. -quick resolution to any issues, chat function is particularly great, often within a couple minutes you will be live chatting with someone. -true infrastructure of a PMS that knows how hotels operate. -Kaba door lock integration has been a big hit with FD who used to make keys manually and can now just auto make keys right from folio with correct room & # of days. -EMV keypads integration was also important move for our company and the Chorum integration also allowed us to eliminate reg cards by capturing signatures and storing in folio. -Group function is not perfect but still very functional compared to competitors we have used and considered. -Nice dashboard and ease of check in and check out -Easy to learn and navigate

Cons

-Reports are weak, hoping a future update soon improves reporting section vastly. -With all the emphasis put on data these days as well as great BI software available they could build or partner with I would like to see much better reporting. -Don't get me wrong they still have the reports you need and they function better than the garbage start-up PMS's we've used. But they're still light years apart after you've used analytics on TravelClick or Cloudbeds for example. -Examples would be the Room Sales report has a 90 day max range? some reports have 28 day max range, some 31, some 8 weeks? It's data, I should be able to pick the range I want. I would also like to see pick up reports and better selection overall. -Anyway as an RM I might be more selective about this than others and overall the reporting is still better than other PMS we have used, accounting is particularly happy with ledger reports, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Our company did have a history with MSI so converting from NiteVision to then MSI CloudPM (now Jonas Chorum) was a simple transition and also well received by staff. Also Chorum was one of the few preferred PMS choices to roll in our Best Western property.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

FrontDesk Anywhere was a completely useless PMS not suited for any real hotel to use, our company had to write off more than 10K in unresolved accounting discrepancies because of bugs and reporting issues that were never resolved.

Robert from Pacific Gardens Inn

Not for a Small Inn

Pros

Guest history is great. Credit care integration .

Cons

constant over-bookings, support was not able to fix this issue.

Previous owner

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

JonasChorum was unable to fix the overbooking issues.

Andrea from Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

We like Chorum PMS

Over all my staff and I are quite pleased with the system

Pros

We moved from Nite Vision to Chorum because it was cloud based. I was skeptical at first because I LOVED Nite Vision, the longer we have Chorum the more I appreciate the features it offers.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

we liked our relationship with MSI

we went cloud based

Manami from Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel

Small improvements will make it the best

It has been great and I recommend other properties that are looking to switch PMS. Support system is the best of all companies and it is appreciated all FD agents can easily ask questions instead of limited to admin.

Pros

Easy to use and fairly straight forward/ support system

Cons

Group function which I use the most especially rooming list function

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

[SENSITIVE CONTACT HIDDEN], sales person made a huge difference between Visual Matrix. She was very patient and knowledgeable throughout purchasing process. Also comparing to Visual Matrix, MIS was lot more open for user's requests for future improvement.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

We had to switch as BW removed them from the approved vender

Nancy from SAR Associates, LLC dba Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn

Good decision

Very happy with Jonas Chorum. Easy to use.

Pros

Jonas Chorum is very easy to learn and use. The remote access is a definate plus.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to my mind that is terrible about Jonus Chorum.

Features, Ease of use, Price

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Opera was too expensive and was no longer a requirement for us to have. Customer service was bad.

Tammy from stayAPT Suites

Great Functionality and Easy to Use. Implementation Team is top notch.

Service well above any other vendor I currently use.

Pros

The system is very intuitive. Our users came from another platform and found Jonas Chorum to be much easier to use.

Cons

No cons. They have worked with us to customize the software to our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

We needed enterprise functionality that will scale as we grow

Beverley from The Water Tower Inn, BW Premier Collection

Chorum PMS

Chorum support team and managers are great to work with - they hear when there are issues and they work to correct them.

Pros

Easy to use - good layouts. Chorum is always making updates and finding ways to improve the software.

Cons

Some features we would like to see seem to be difficult to implement. Have struggled with profiles especially since the new 6.0 launch - seem to bee improving, but has been very trying. Interfaces don't always function properly. Would love to see some type of basic training program so that we can do postings and adjustments without being live.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Provided the features we needed for a reasonable cost. Lori and the sales team - easy to work with, responsive to questions, providing quotes, etc

Didn't integrate with Best Western

Jacki from Best Western Shippensburg

Great Customer Support and Fast Resolution to Problems

Pros

Lots of support when initially launched this software. Customer service when there are problems is hit or miss on which tech you get, but they are great about resolving problems fast. I used to require computer experience for the staff, now I just ask if they can handle social media and if the answer is yes-I know they can handle the system.

Cons

There can be a lot of bugs that need worked out over time, but they do implement the fixes system wide. I like that they usually offer a work around solution until the fix is implemented when you run into a problem. Just the sheer quantity of them is problematic, but they handle it well.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Brand required and much needed. Old system was extremely faulty and difficult to use

Dee from Best Western Plus

Honesty

It has been very good

Pros

As a new manager coming in with no training on the system, I was forced to learn it on my own. It was easy to move around and the best thing was the chat sessions. I could depend on them day or night and it seemed they enjoyed helping me learn. Now you have changed the procedure of the chat room and I must say it is rather disappointing. Where before you would receive communication right away now you wait hours some times even days. I am truly not a fan of it any more and that was a shame because it was a tool I would train my staff with

Cons

Everytime there is an update a rate or dates drop or change

Christina from The Dylan Hotel

Jonas is Built with a Long History of Hotel Feedback

In researching multiple different options we ultimately selected Jonas from it's years of experience working with hotels. They have had the years to implement industry necessities (ease of posting, ease of changing rates, user friendly interface). The implementation is well documented and organized with an outstanding team. We have implemented a new PMS, channel managers and website integration and honestly this was by far the easiest and smoothest.

Pros

Jonas is built with a long history of hotel feedback and continually improving to keep up with expectations of guests and hotels. - User friendly interface - At a glance see what is happening that day. - Easy to change to rates on the fly. - Easy to train staff. - Reliable!! - We have never had an outage or issue (only during maintenance--but have been informed in advance). Keep in mind it is up to the hotel to have a high-speed reliable internet connection. - Comprehensive reporting - Mobile access - Paperless ability - Stores signature - Automatically sends folio (will not send if rate is confidential) and confirmation - Cloud backup and storage (with on-site safety server)

Cons

- Sorting options on some of the reports - More rule options (i.e. when we reach a certain occupancy automatically close out specified rate code or room type)

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Lacking in comprehensive features. Most were too new and did not have enough hotel input. The PMS' that were comprehensive were not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Oracle Opera was dated, years of delay in implementing a true Cloud interface. Support was non-existent (they treated hotels like an IT company). No longer a good fit for a 58 room boutique hotel

Chris from Best Western Plus Superior Inn

GREAT Cloud Based PMS

Fabulous! Great customer service and chat support availability is amazing.

Pros

One of the features that was a deciding factor in choosing this PMS is the ease of functionality of revenue managing. Also, we were a beta property for mobile housekeeping and that functionality is wonderful. It has evolved our business operations and helped our hsk team operations tremendously.

Cons

Wait list functionality doesn't work. Need this to work. I don't like the new Jonas chorum layout of dashboard and wasted space which requires rolling down on screen and extra unnecessary clicks required to simply check a guest in. This needs to be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Ability to interface with sales and catering peoduct and ease to load and manage rates

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Failure to update product, added fees to do so, horrible support, wanted to switch to loud based product and theirs was not working well for Best Western properties, excruciatingly tedious way to have to load and manage rates.

Sunni from Best Western Green Tree Inn (18028)

Jonas Chorum

It has been pleasant with minimal issues

Pros

This system is easy to learn, teach and navigate.

Cons

The lack in ability to track room changes on specific rooms. It would be great to be able to have the option in the housekeeping module where a user can put in a room number and see any changes to that particular room.

Pricing

Angela from Best Western Plus Black Oak

Improvements keep coming

They continue to improve in making changes in the software to provide the end user what they need and want. Very receptive to suggestions on enhancements. My account managers are so easy to work with and the technicians are really good at trying to find resolve although it is frustrating to know more than they do when I or a member of my staff calls for assistance.

Pros

Ease of general use. Easy to train someone on the basics of the PMS system.

Cons

Functionality is sometimes lagging. When an update happens, there tends to be at least one thing that "breaks" and then we have to find a work around until it can get addressed in the next enhancement.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

We were with MSI when the acquisition happened. MSI had a good product with CloudPM and changing companies was not on the table

Marshall from Heritage Inn

Stop Sending Surveys

Pros

Ease of use for our sized hotel property

Cons

Getting weekly requests for surveys, maybe should send a couple of times a year

MSI Nova stopped support

Jason from New Victorian Hotel Group

Great PMS system for our mid scale limited service properties

Pros

Ease of use and web based system to access anywhere. Able to keep a close eye on my multiple hotel properties no matter where I am at. Great features for groups/direct billing/check in&out/ etc.

Cons

Whenever there is a small issue, Jonas Chorum 24/7 support is there to help. Haven't had any major cons.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Ease of use, price range, features matched my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Went away from server base system to web based.

Darlene from Best Western Music Capital Inn

A Work In Progress

Pros

The system is better than previous MSI Cloud. Better Features than before. Relatively user friendly in most aspects.

Cons

Not very user friendly when making adjustments to folios or any type of corrections. Wish there was more information on the room chart so you could see the guests arriving that have not had a room assigned and you could assign it from there. I wish that in the groups there was an easier way to release any unused rooms in the block without having to go into each individual reservation to cancel them.

Felix from Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn

Best Cloud PMS Solution for Cost, Features and Service/Support

Very responsive to our needs and issues.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use, reducing software training.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Cost Anticipated simplicity of integration (which didn't happen) Experience with team

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Brand support was being sunset.

marc from Best Western Kent Narrows Inn

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

great product

Best Western gives options for the PMS provider but I will never leave Jonas Quorum, used to be Winpm

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, great for hotels

Cons

sometimes the upgrades would be frustrating and go against the motto, "if it aint broke don't fix it"

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

I have been using winpm/Jonas Chorum for many years and will not switch.

JASSON from Bestwestern Bordentown Inn

Easy to use!

Very easy to use.

Pros

The fact that this system can be accessed anywhere that I travel,allows me to check reports and assist with reservation issues. Very easily integrated into my system

Cons

I think by adding an option that lets you pre-authorize all existing arrivals with a credit card would be an awesome feature.

JoElla from The Hotel Hot Springs

I use this minute by minute in my daily job duties

Pros

It s a very easy to train on and use. The software is user friendly. It is comprehensive of what we need. And the training goes easy.

Cons

There are some features that we would like to see improvement on but I think they are implementing those slowly.

Hema from NBA HOSPITALITY INC

Nice and responsive system, a very helpful support team

Good

Pros

User friendly system and good service levels

Cons

User specific changes are difficult to make.

N.A.

Poor service levels

Rolando from Best Western Inn of Tempe

Great system and user-friendly

One of the best and complete systems I've ever used.

Pros

I like the features and ease of use. Great reporting options as well

Heidi from Best Western River North

High Volume Downtown Hotel

Overall we are happy that we switched from Opera to Jonas Chorum. Outside of the install challenges the move was well worth it.

Pros

Our team finds the software easy to use. We were able to configure the system to fit our needs for each department.

Cons

Install did not go as expected and we had considerable trouble getting escalated support.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

Opera's clack of compatibility with our chain and the horrible customer service.

Doug from Best Western Lawnfield

Thanks for the Chance

Anytime there is a question there is always someone in the support team that is available to help.

Pros

It was an easy transition. Always upgrading to make things easier and helpful.

Cons

No one likes change. Always bumps in the road with staff.

Previous Owners decision.

Kimberly from Indus Hospitality Group

Jonas Chorum

Very user friendly, Love the ideal that everything is at your fingertips and you don't have to go far to get information that you are looking for. Only draw back is when you are in need of help, you are given a ticket number and at times you wait days before you are helped.

Pros

Very user friendly. Everything is at your fingertips.

Cons

The help desk is very difficult to touch base with.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

They system we were using was very out dated.

Tina from BW Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center

Feedback

Struggle with reports and being able to see various room types when blocking rooms.

Pros

The ease of adding a reservation and adding additional names

Cons

tracking or adding company names at check in or reservation

forced to.

Jane from Best Western Acadia park Inn

New System Is Great

Easier to send confirmations and cancelations emails and refund credit cards when needed.

Pros

They are constantly improving on any issues we have. It seems to get simpler as time goes by due to good changes

Cons

There are some things that I need help with on occasion but they are very good at helping when I chat or use TeamViewer.

Mush better.

Brittany from Best Western Plus/Executive Residency

Friendly!

Great! Just overall amazing. The staff for Jonas chorum was amazing and still is amazing to work with!!

Pros

Customer service for help is amazing! The help is so fast and get straight to the point!

Cons

Some navigations are repetitive.. and long going like taking a while to get to one specific thing in chorum could take a while to load up or getting to that one thing.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

Reference from a mutual friend. They used Jonas for a while stating that Jonas was easiest and friendly to use.

Mark from Best Western

Smooth operation,

EZ, Daily use of, Seamless navigation

Pros

Ease of Navigation, Process, Overall flow is smooth. No repetitive actions to perform the Same tasks.

Cons

Hadn't found anything yet!!

Michael from Landmark Inn

Fast and efficient

Pros

We love the web- and cloud-based nature of the platform. New features are being added all the time.

Cons

The platform previously used older web software.

Nathan from Best Western Gettysburg

Easy to learn and use

Pros

easy to learn how to use training new employees is quick almost never any downtime quick support

Cons

not always aware of price changes on a reservation

Bruce from BW Plus Service Inn & Suites

Migration

Positive

Pros

The migration over from NIghtvision was relatively painless. With any upgrade, one expects some issues and this one was no different. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were quick to address the issues we had and rectify them to our satisfaction and most importantly, in a timely manner. The JC system is quite simple to use and it is just about learning what from NV is what in JC and where it is now (or the different name). The app is fantastic to use and already quite popular with my staff.

Cons

Some items in relation to various applications that can't be changed (other phone on reg card or adding proprietary info) is problematic but we had the same thing with NV. You put in a ticket and wait to see if it will change.

Brand thing and MSI no longer provided support/updates for NV

Mark from Woodspring suites

Pros

Great software easy to use has a lot of options

Cons

Wish there was a DNR that would pop up when a guest checks in

rene from BW Plus Sherwood Park

Jonas Chorum advantage

Very positive, and with all the improvements, it gets easier

Pros

User friendly , and it serves its purpose specially for the hotel industry.

Cons

The link to BW Rewards Reservation profile

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

more feasible to the needs of a hotel

Lisa from Madrona Manor Wine Country Inn

Great system for boutique front desk

Every single step of the way since implementing Chorum - EVERY person we have talked to from sales, set-up, implementation, management, support - EVERY person has been beyond helpful, positive, encouraging, and just really good to talk to.

Pros

Ease of use. User-friendly and can access from anywhere since it's cloud based.

Cons

sometimes difficult to find specific reports

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

previous system shut down (Atrio)

Ashish from Noble management llc

operation

there are no hassle operating the system

Pros

easy to work with, no frequent changes like other software do.

Cons

very difficult to do adjustment in the folio

brand

Ronald from Affordable Suite Of America

Very Stress free

It is the most gratifying experience. I was not able to do the complete training due to the lack of employees , so familiarity with product was not fully available leaving me with do an overnight run to prep for the day of install. I am sure that my experience with other software helped but this by far was the best to understand and use.

Pros

The ease of moving from one panel to another. The user friendly relationship myself and the program.

Cons

These is nothing about it i don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

They choose this product due to the efficiency of use.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

The company decided to change to fit the needs of its expanding business to suit the needs of the business.

Kathy from Best Western Sycamore Inn

just helping out

Everyone that we have every spoke with on the phone, or had to email, has gone above and beyond to help us fix or let us know how to fix a problem. So nice, very patient.. thank you.

Pros

I liked the last version of cloud- just so easy to catch on, move from one place to another, easy to read- easy to post and adjust if needed.

Cons

The newest cloud update- don't really like it, can't wait till you up date again.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Chorum

We have always had MSI- no brainer.

Marilou from Encore Suites by Service Plus

100% Satisfied

They helped us in any kind of issues we encounter.

Pros

Easier than the last one and Jonas staff helps us a lot.

Cons

Looks complicated at first all new but once you learn you'll enjoy it.

Craig from The Stevenson Monterey

Easy to train on and use

Now have a modern way to do credit cards, make keys, etc. Allows us more guest contact.

Pros

The all around intuitive feel. The ease of use and training.

Cons

Actually everything works great. Support is easy to contact.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Chorum

To install a more modern, easy to use system with excellent support. We modernized at the same time with front desk credit card and key making

Quintin from Cartwright Hotel Union Square

Newer System Missing Classic Touches

Like I mentioned in the title, I love the new layout and how mobile friendly it is. Being in the industry for 15 years, there are some old classics that I would like to see still instilled or at least optional.

Pros

How user friendly it is and the mobile features.

Cons

That incidentals can only be calculated off a percentage of the stay and there is no option to charge a flat amount. The amount of time that it takes to check-in a guest. A Quick Check-In option would make the world of difference.

Nicole from Best Western Tower West Lodge

Recent update 02.11.20

Prior to this update I felt the system was very user friendly.

Pros

n/a.

Cons

I am not impressed with the updates that took place on 02/11/2020. I'm having numerous issues, several features are not working properly. There's a lot of unnecessary extra steps which is causing excessive time to assist our guests

Cauline from Best Western Premier Northwood Hotel

user Friendly

To new to give comment NA

Pros

It is user friendly, I find that the staff can navigate the system easy and stress free

Cons

I havent used it enough yet to give an opinion on it

NA