CiiRUS Software Reviews

CiiRUS Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful."
  • icon"I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business."
  • icon"Ciirus is very effective as a easy to use software tool to use daily in entering bookings, manage cleaners, account for subcontractors costs and to financially report to my owners."
  • icon"I honestly struggle to think of things I dislike about the software."
  • icon"The software is not organized from a user perspective. Unacceptable turnaround time in every area."
  • icon"Ciirus charged me for a service that was never able to go live."

Browse all CiiRUS Reviews

• Have you used CiiRUS and would like to share your experience with others?

Ciirus has helped me jump start my business

Helped get a head start on my business

Pros

Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful. Software is easy to navigate and use. Easy to find homes, add homes, features, descriptions, etc...

Cons

You need to pay or contact support for certain access. A little expensive when you have a lot of properties but they have options you can work with.

Nicole

April 2022

Ciirus made us happier

Overall I am happy with Ciirus. Implementation was a bit rocky- but the team pulled together and really helped us to get it going. I enjoy the fact that we can easily reach out to the team about features we would like to see changed and that our concerns/ critiques are taking seriously as we are the ones utilizing the software on the daily. Everyone is really pleasant to work with.

Pros

I am really enjoying all of the new updates- I like that the reservation calendar and payments are easy to use and view- the software makes it so that we can easily track our income

Cons

Some features are clunky- I would love to see the rate sets made easier to implement more dynamic pricing (i.e. allow me to set week days at different rates than weekends etc. for instance if I could select all M-Th bookings for a certain date range to be a certain price). I would love to avoid having to pay for an additional service to come in and price my properties.

Reasons for choosing CiiRUS

We felt that the ability to customize was important- the hands on training we received, the options we were given- we felt it was a good fit for our sized company.

Reasons for switching to CiiRUS

Our previous software was clunky and not able to provide us with the data we were hoping for. The tech support we needed was not available

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Nicole, I wanted to reach out and let you know that we are getting ready to launch our new Unified Calendar feature, which will allow you to set pricing and mLOS directly from the reservations grid. We would love to discuss with you more about recently launched LOS pricing rules and Booking Window logic, which many of our users have picked up and saved time and money versus integrating a third party. Our customer success team is much faster at responding to our customers than I am at checking reviews, so please do contact us via the built-in CiiRUS help center for same-day assistance, or call our office for immediate assistance. We would be thrilled to work with you on this. Sincerely yours, Josh at CiiRUS

Uno

September 2022

CiiRUS is the permanent solution for VRMs

I know a lot of people who jump from platform to platform looking for the right fit, and they go to a bunch of trade shows shopping for software but always end up leaving within a year or two. Everybody I know who joined CiiRUS has stayed. Their software was built for longevity, which has been my experience also. They may not always be the first to every new feature, but when they build it, they build it right, and it just works.

Pros

I can’t say enough good about the CiiRUS support team. They really get to know your business and you feel like part of the group, not just another phone call they have to pick up. I attend the quarterly learning group sessions and get to see any updates and new features that have come out, so I never feel like the software is leaving me behind when it grows. I like that everything I need is in the one platform, so I don’t need to pay an outside company for channels sync, pricing rules, cleaning/maintenance tools, guest portal, website, and so on.

Cons

They recently launched their next generation product, and even though there was no re-building or migration required, we did need to learn our way around, which took a bit of time during our busy season. We’re glad we did spend that time though, because the new system is lightyears ahead of anything else we’ve looked at or that out friends in the industry have shown us they use.

Guillermo

worst software I’ve ever use! Read my review

The experience was extremely bad. I selected Ciirus to make my company grow and instead of making it grow Ciirus made lost U$ [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! As I said to them, problems can occur and I didn’t request them the money I lost for connectivity but I was hoping they fix the problems. They never contacted me to fix the problem. Once they contacted me was when I requested a deduction on the monthly payment for coronavirus they contacted me to offer Love rentals . They said with that I was going to increase my sales .. hahahaha how funny! I don’t know if they live in planet earth or what but we had 100% cancellations! When I requested a discount on the monthly payment was because other softwares are giving between from 1-3 months free payments to keep their clients !

Pros

We’ve selected ciirus because once we start using it there were not too many softwares in the market as they are right now . Big mistake! Now looking other softwares I don’t see any pros ..

Cons

DON’T USE CIIRUS! Once we started with Ciirus they first told us that it was cloud based and it was not MAC friendly, we had to download an app where we could use it that way but it failed every day. Now they did a new version but it is bad. Then, when we signed up they told us they were working with new channels to connect ( Booking.com will be ready soon they said.. probably in just 1 or 2 months hahaha .. you know what? It passed 3 years and they still don’t have connectivity 2 ways with Booking.com, if they say they have don’t believe them ! They work with channel manager where you can connect thought them but there are always errors. we lost more than U$ [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for that and they never took any responsibility. Ciirus said it was the channel manager error and the channel manager said it was a ciirus error ..unbeleivable! Search for a software that has direct connectivity with main channels ( Airbnb, booking.com, expedia , homeaway) . Ciirus has connectivity with Airbnb but they charge you 1% of confirmed bookings ( other softwares don’t charge anything) . The software it is not friendly at all. Customer service it is really bad. It doesn’t have Unified inbox for the different channels ( if they say they have don’t believe them because they don’t have direct connectivity ) . The accounting side it is very poor, you can’t make a properly owner statement as it should be. Reports are very poor. I don’t even know why I’ve been using this software this long time!

Reasons for choosing CiiRUS

The other software we were considering it was in another country and as they are close to where we work we thought we were going to have a better customer service something that didn’t occur. I’m mad for selected ciirus

Reasons for switching to CiiRUS

It is much cheaper, it has direct connectivity to all channels, very friendly , it has an app where you can control everything from your phone and many other tools!

Natasha

Using Ciirus as a Vacation Rental Property Manager

Great product and highly recommend to all sizes of property management and rental users

Pros

Ciirus is very effective as a easy to use software tool to use daily in entering bookings, manage cleaners, account for subcontractors costs and to financially report to my owners. I would be lost without this system and am very grateful for the support I received from their customer service team when I need help!

Cons

Whereas the desktop version of Ciirus is very good, the Ciirus task manager app has also been a great tool to manage cleaners and maintenance. As a property manager out on the field daily, I would like to be able to edit work orders using the task manager app to be able to add estimated costs and and markups and to go back in and edit if I need to make changes. At the moment, I cannot do this but I’m sure that Ciirus will get there eventually as they are very good with welcoming users feedback and implementing changes so their updates.

Reasons for choosing CiiRUS

The Ciirus team listed to what I needed for Ciirus to work for my small business and made the changes I needed

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Natasha, Thank you so much for your partnership and for sharing your experience with us! You are a valued part of the CiiRUS family :-) We have collected a ton of great suggestions and feedback about the Task Manager, and you are not the only one to request the ability to make more changes as admin while out in the field, including better management of costs and markups. We expect to release an update for this module early in 2023, so keep an eye on our frequent updates to see progress. Yours sincerely, Josh at CiiRUS

Lin

Constantly improving

I like that Ciirus still feels like a family run business. They clearly care and remain approachable as they grow year on year. All the staff seem committed and passionate in working toward more innovative and better software. In the past their enthusiasm to improve too much too quickly didn't always work out well but more recently they have grown their team and Im seeing lots of good upgrades and additions. Too many to keep up with sometimes.

Pros

I like that I have full control and can easily correct entries and manipulate booking data. Some other softwares makes both difficult. I love useful little features like Set Booking Total. Also that there are constant improvements. Cirrus do listen and react to their clients comments.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and Ciirus has always been PC based so the first 6 years were problematic. The long awaited Ciirus 1 has addressed that problem, but still has a way to go to be as responsive as the desktop version. I wish there was the ability to more permanently customize the booking schedule, reports, etc to my specific needs (perhaps it's a Mac trait:). Also to be able to customize the appearance and lay out of owner statements which are IMHO too long and confusing.

Reasons for choosing CiiRUS

Local, approachable, young eager team, feeling of belonging to a family who knew and cared. I did leave a couple of years back and onboard with another, larger company. After 6 months I realized the grass isn't greener elsewhere and came back to Ciirus. Ive learned over the years that there is no perfect software, but I think Ciirus are dedicated to be one of the very best.

Peter

September 2022

Glad to recommend Ciirus!

We have used Ciirus for 7 years now. We have grown with Ciirus, and Ciirus has grown, too. A positive experience!

Pros

Clearly organized, user friendly, reliable, easy implementation.

Cons

It used to be easier to get customer support. The process is now taking more time, as it has been streamlined. Probably good for Ciirus, not as good for the users.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! It's especially helpful to get your take on the current technical support procedure. We did have to add some additional requirements to the help form online so that our team can be fully equipped with the information we need to resolve your issue. While it may feel cumbersome, please be assured that it does help us resolve your concerns faster to know important information such as your account ID, and the applicable guest, reservation, listing, and so on. I'm also pleased to confirm that as of September 2022, support can be achieved seven days a week by phone, web, and live chat. If there's anything I might be able to help with, feel free to get in touch at communications@ciirus.com. Thank you for being a loyal and valued customer!

Replied October 2022

Megan

Ciirus can do it all!

Pros

Task manager, OTA sync & in real time, pricing system, complete 24/7 bookings and working around the clock with Love Rentals

Cons

Syncing the system with QuickBooks each time a software update rolls out for the desktop version

Reasons for switching to CiiRUS

Ciirus offered OTA syncing and was working on implementing other features we knew we wanted for our growing company

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Megan, Thank you for your kind feedback! We love to hear that the ongoing software updates and continued growth of our team has helped your business grow and be more efficient. Unfortunately, re-syncing with QuickBooks Desktop is necessary with that specific platform. Have you considered trying QuickBooks Online? This version integrates with the CiiRUS web portal and doesn't require any ongoing re-sync when updates are published. Feel free to get in touch with me at communications@ciirus.com if you want to discuss this more. We'll be happy to have a trainer walk you through the setup process and make sure it's all working properly for you. Yours sincerely, Josh at CiiRUS.

Rochak

Great vacation rental software

Pros

Having used CiiRUS for number of years, the vacation rental software is excellent. It has some excellent features for e.g. calendar integration, custom reporting, field operations and a beautiful CRM / UI to go along with it. It has a good task list for maintaining cleaning schedule. It connects seamlessly to AirBNB, Booking.com and many other platform providers to give managers and operators and easy to work with system.

Cons

Pricing can be a bit stiff if you are looking to deploy widely across your hotel chain, there is an opportunity to optimze the sales pricing here

Cathy

October 2022

Love the new Webinars!

Talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been very helpful to all of us here at [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He is always willing to offer support and that is what has kept us going.

Pros

Reservations are what Ciirus does best.

Cons

Accounting is a bit challenging in the Ciirus Software but is improving.:)

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Cathy! Thanks for the awesome feedback. I'm sorry to hear you've had a challenging time with the accounting tools. If you can reach out to me directly at communications@ciirus.com, I'd love to get you set up with one-on-one training sessions to go over any concerns you may have. Please let me know what else we might be able to do to earn five starts from you and your team! Sincerely, Josh at CiiRUS.

Replied October 2022

Beth

Roberto and his staff are always pleasant to work with.

Pros

It is easy to navigate. It was the first software that I used and will continue to used for the foreseeable future.

Cons

There is so much to learn you cannot possibly learn it all. Each time it updates we must learn it all over again. I have used this software for the past 7 years and have only begun to scratch below the surface. I do wish that we were able to access the Rental Exchange feature without it costing an arm and leg. More one on one training would be very helpful. Perhaps monthly webinars to further help each companies staff.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Beth, Thanks for your review, and thank you for being a valued CiiRUS customer! I just wanted to be sure you know that our one-on-one training program is available for your use as and when you need it. We will be in touch with you separately to help you schedule a session. We would also be happy to speak about how you can make some extra money on the Rental Exchange program. We are always interested in making sure that the value of our services is reflected fairly in the cost, and we are confident that the new features and tools will be valuable to your business. Lastly, you¿ll be glad to know that we are getting ready to launch a new Webinar series called CiiRUS TV, which will be live within your CiiRUS account every day. In the meantime, our vast library of recorded training sessions can be accessed from the `Video Training¿ tab in CiiRUS. All the best wishes and kind regards, The CiiRUS Team.

Replied May 2017

Ashley

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

CiiRus is good. I feel like it can be great if it gets all features to function properly. Trey is great over at customer support, I feel like he makes our CiiRus experience a lot easier and help make sense of things. If it were not for him my review may reflect differently. There's just a lot of features still needing to be worked out.

Pros

What is the best about this software is all the features it has. However some do not work to the best ability and are faulty. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

Cons

I do not like how every time you would like to include financials it has all the column choosers pop up every time and doesn't save the amount you would like to keep. Just a hassle. Its a lot to look at and is annoying when you need to just see a few rather than all columns.

Reasons for switching to CiiRUS

We switched from liverez to ciirus to have more available features and be able to intergrade with more channels.

Joshua

Easy to use interface & Exceptional Customer Service

Pleasant & Convenient

Pros

Custom Reporting & Real-Time 2 way API

Cons

Missing listing amenities for Airbnb and HomeAway. We had to change to "Limited Sync" to make certain listing changes.

Catherine

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good but could be a whole lot better

Pros

It covers all the basics requirements for a booking software

Cons

The ical calendar is slow to sync with my other listing websites, can take up to an hour or more. It is clunky to use and I've had several glitches that can take quite some time to resolve.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Catherine, This is great feedback. iCal integrations are notoriously unreliable, and provide developers like us with very little flexibility to help - this is why we provide comprehensive 2-way API feeds to connect you with sites like HomeAway, Vrbo, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Home To Go, and Booking.com. If you aren't yet set up with the direct connections, please contact support@ciirus.zendesk.com to get plugged in. It will make a world of difference for you. Also, I was sorry to hear that some of your concerns took time to resolve. If you are ever experiencing such a delay, our admin staff is available at the main office number to connect you with a rep and bring rapid resolution to your cases. You can also email communications@ciirus.com to talk more about your experiences and help us to do better next time. Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team

Replied October 2019

Sandra

Ciirus Technical Supporting

I consider myself "savvy" in computer, but it does not make me an expert. It is on me to learn how to handle the software/application, however to all of us to succeed, we need a good support. Ciirus support team is not only good, they are one of the best support team I have ever worked with. I feel comfortable to count on their team, and confident that I will complete my task on time. They are professionals, courteous and agile. Congrats to the team!

Pros

It is fast, logical and concise. The new software features makes the process faster and provide us with a clear view of our business day-to-day results in a simple "touch-of-a-button". We like everything, from the "one-point of contact" platform, which allows us to have a 360 view of all our rentals in a diverse Vacation Home sites, to the taxes reports.

Cons

So far, there is nothing I like the least.

Reasons for choosing CiiRUS

We did not look for other options, we knew what we wanted.

Catherine

Ciirus is user friendly and efficient.

Ciirus makes quoting and keeping track of guests a breeze.

Pros

From the convenient Dashboard to the easy reports, Ciirus has made my day to day so much easier. Out of all of the softwares that I have used in my years of work, Ciirus has been by far the best.

Cons

Some of the calendar fields, especially in reports cannot be filled in manually, it requires you to scroll through month by month and when you are trying to pull a report starting from 2017 it could be a bit tedious.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Catherine, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It has been a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your company. I do have some good news, I think I can solve the con that you listed. When you want to go back in time on a report, instead of clicking the arrow to go back month by month, if you click on the name of the month, it changes so that each time you click the arrow it goes back one whole year. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to email our team at support@ciirus.zendesk.com so they can give you a walk through. Thanks again for your loyal business! Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team.

Replied October 2019

Susie

June 2022

Ciirus Vacation Rental Software

We love that our reservations are in one place and we are able to manage them. We also love the communication with the cleaners and the ease of knowing when the property is cleaned and ready to go. It also makes paying the cleaners so easy!!

Pros

This software is easy to use and understand. I also enjoy that the team listens when you have any problem and takes action to correct it. They are regularly rolling out updates and improvement to the website.

Cons

Any time you have a new product you have a learning curve. I was s