innRoad Reviews

4.51 / 5 (180) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 40 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It is super easy to use. Resonalby price and great support when you need it. "

• "I like the simplicity of it but it offers a lot at the same time. It’s very easy to use and affordable I would recommend to anyone "

• "great customer service. Easy to use once all the seasons and rates and promo codes have be added. "

• Cons

• "Setting up the seasons and rates is a little tedious, but once you've done it a few times it makes sense."

• "Probably the discounting and putting sale prices on the system could use a little improvement but it still works well. "

• "Though the housekeeping report is convenient, I would like to see it a bit more detailed and simplify."

Browse innRoad Reviews

Carla from Mainstreet Inn (Formerly Days Inn)

Customer Service Is The BEST!!!

It was an easy transition from our previous pms. Customer support is excellent.

Pros

The system was really easy to learn and easy to train. I love the immediate customer support response. I can email an issue over and I usually get a call right away. I am very happy with the choice we made.

Cons

We did have some hiccups in the beginning but we worked them out. There are some more detailed reports I'd like to be able to get and maybe speed it up some but I know they are still working on it. Overall great for our property.

Danny from Anna Maria Island Inn

Longtime Customer

Positive business relationship with good product functionality together with good communication and customer service.

Pros

I have been a customer of InnRoad for 5 years now, and find it very effective for my needs. I am a 45 unit hotel with 4 distinct properties. InnRoad is able to interface all 4 to act as one hotel, while at the same time keeping them distinct and separarate for accounting and configuring purposes. It is very easy to connect with Expedia.com and Booking.com - any rate changes or minimum stay changes I make, as well as availability pass thru to them in real time. I am able to easily add users to my account with varying degrees of access and restrictions, e.g. housekeepers can have their own account and logon to see the calendar to know what units need to be cleaned and when. Reservation input is easy and straightforward. The Tape Chart calendar is easy and straightforward to view with a 30 days out view - a "snapshot" window of any reservation is as simple as pointing to it which is helpful when flying thru your calendar. Customer service is always extremely polite and knowledgeable and utilize screen sharing to make support calls easier. There are many reports and variations of reports that are easy to create. Most importantly, InnRoad is constantly improving their functionality and updating the system. They listen to me as a client and have made changes to their system accordingly. As a long time customer, I can attest that InnRoad has made many upgrades over time - each one make the system better, and am encouraged that more upgrades are continually in the works.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little on the slow side when navigating thru the site or when making changes. Sometimes hold times for customer service is way too long. The ability to change any rate for any unit for any time period quickly and easily is not as easy as it should be.

Kelly from Rosemary Inn Bed & Breakfast, and, Lookaway Inn

inroad software review

Overall the new software is an improvement over the previous, and ever-changing version. Many more user-friendly features have been added that make it more natural for the average computer user (who, like me, may not spend gobs of time sitting at a desk with a computer) to use. I think the biggest issue I have with the new software is that the color scheme makes little sense. This has not been an improvement. The previous version was simpler for the mind to comprehend, in terms of what the colors meant. For instance, when, on the tape chart, a guest checked out, on the old system one could clearly and logically understand that the "grayed out" color meant guest had departed. Now, the colors actually get brighter and more colorful at check-out, and the association with activity, at least for this 59 year-old, is lost. But I will say the customer support is fantastic. InnRoad has always been easy to access and helpful, and that is why after 7 years with our two Inns we have not changed.

Pros

Ease of use, now, with things like being able to "right click", and being able to check out multiple rooms at one time, etc..

Cons

I mentioned previously I do not like the color scheme. It makes things more confusing. I think tape chart is now too confusing and too many items included on each "room". Also, and this is the most important issue I have, is that at least HALF the time I go onto inroad, no matter which browser I am using, I am not permitted to scroll in the tape chart. It is very frustrating. I have called for help and as always inroad personnel have been very helpful, but it keeps happening over and over again.

Rob from Major League Motor Inn

Transformed my business

After 3 years I'm as excited about the software as the day I committed to implement it. Be sure you are prepared for booking out your hotel as this software increased efficiency and exposure quickly enabling you to sell all your inventory. Be prepared with the appropriate staff and supplies. The software continues to innovate and new features and functions are added frequently. You can take advantage of features instantly due to the cloud software. No worries about getting out of date software or requiring an IT specialist to help you roll it out. The people are the greatest value of the software

Pros

I bought a hotel management software package to save me from the liability of storing credit cards. I chose innRoad because it had to be cloud software so i can access it from any device with multiple users. It fulfilled all these requirements to my expectations. The sales and implementation team confidently shared projected growth that would more than pay for the software subscription. They were right and then some. I grew my business by 300% due to the ease of connectivity to all the booking sites such as Expedia and Booking.com that brought in new business. My favorite feature is the customer service and responsiveness. No issue I raise goes unaddressed nor am I left alone to solve my issues. Impressively they even offered time to help train my employees. Since I went from a manual paper based system to booking software I can't compare experiences between software vendors but I have to say if you have any home grown or manual systems I can't recommend more passionately that you need to consider innRoad.

Cons

The software has a full feature set that can be overwhelming. It is important to carefully setup your rates, promotions and blocked rooms or you can run into challenges with wrong rates or double bookings. When in doubt reach out to support they are always willing to help get things right for you.

Reasons for Choosing innRoad

There were reference accounts I spoke with and I compared features and benefits between vendors and the innRoad sales team overcame all objections and were the best feature and value of all of them.

ELLEN from Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast

Excellent software with great customer services

Overall, I have enjoyed working with this company, I feel that they have been responsive to my suggestions on how to improve, their customer service is usually spot on.

Pros

I found the software for my small bed-and-breakfast easy to use, and color-coded in a way that makes sense to me. I got a lot of assistance in the set up when I started with the software two years ago, and have found that they have continue to add features with great little videos on how to use those features, and truly wonderful customer support.

Cons

Like all software programs, this one can be a little rigid, or not exactly intuitive. But, when I called customer service, they either can explain it to me and help me out, or, at times they've actually gotten back to the software engineers to change how the program works in the real world!

Reasons for Choosing innRoad

I think that their price point worked for me, as I am a small business.

Alex from Westgate Resorts

Lots of Features, Great Support

Really great, especially on the support front. Ideal for smaller properties that really need a combo PMS + IBE solution. Beats the heck out of many other small vendors out there.

Pros

Honestly, for a PMS/IBE provider, the best thing I can say about innROAD's team is that they are great at following up. A lot of times when you integrate a PMs on property, they little details in integration get lost and the account management team assigned to you barely cares. This team is the opposite. They're very transparent about what their product can and can't do, and they try to find workarounds for antyhing that gets 'out of that lane'... super team, supper support.

Cons

Rate planning ,rate setup and then rate management are all a bit tough to accomplish if you're a veteran revenue manager, BUT... honestly and from one veteran hotelier to another), when IS rate management and loading every really 'easy'? You give me an easy rate management task, and I'll sell you a bridge, how about that? No seriously, other than this ubiquitious aspect of hotel life, its a good product.

Angella from Frenchman's Cove Ltd.

Innroad User Feedback

We use Innroad to capture all our bookings whether done through online or other mediums, thus allowing us to capture a full picture of our occupancy.

Pros

The feature I most appreciate is the ability to capture all guest related information.

Cons

There are two features I least appreciate 1) The inability to utilize the software in my local currency (Jamaican Dollars) 2) That payment information is not stored and we have to follow up with guests for payment.

Annette from Gulf Surf Resort Motel

Reservations and tracking

Clean folios for collection and allowing credit to be applied to a future reservation from the current reservation is a feature that has been used a lot with the current vacation environment. Overall very user friendly.

Pros

Once a guest is registered, future reservations are very easy.

Cons

We use quickbooks for our accounting platform, so it does not integrate with my system. I would like to be able to bring up a reservation by telephone number. Some of my guests text me and think I know who they are just from their phone number.

Matthew from Pueblo Canyon Inn

Innroads

Overall its been a positive experience. The costumer service is great and can help out with any problem.

Pros

Once you know the software its very easy to see my reservation and know what is coming up.

Cons

I need something that works on my phone. As the only employee often times I need to take reservation on the go and Innroads is not mobile friendly.

susan from tara, The wine Ranch

managment review of innroad

good

Pros

Robust system that allows integrations with other sources such as expedia, airbnb etc.

Cons

There is no mobile app available yet, Desired feature: Mobile connectivity

Samantha from Inn at the Oaks & Cove Bluffs Inn

Moved two small Inns from RezOvation to InnRoad and haven't regretted one moment

Within the past 6 months, I have moved two small Inns over to InnRoad from RezOvation. The Sales Team offered me a discount if I started the migration right away and although I was hesitant I agreed - No time like the present right. Unfortunately, it was the beginning of the busy season and I couldn't do it and I asked if we could postpone the migration until the end of the season and they were more than happy to comply. The move is relatively seamless but it is tedious work if you want to bring everything with you, that being said I wish some more of the functionality had been explained prior to the migration because I would have been able to make better decisions on how we specifically were going to handle different situations and I would have done things much simpler. An Inn starting from scratch would be super simple. Our Inns have unique rooms so we had to make a room type for almost every room which requires a little more time for everything that follows, but the end result is worth it. I work hard on yield management and InnRoads has many capabilities that RezOvations did not offer that I now take full advantage of. This also translates into their Booking Engine capabilities. First, you set up your seasons, then your rates, then minimum stays (discuss this with your Implementation person first as there are several ways you can set this up). It seems like a lot of steps, but once it is all in there it is super easy to work with. Adding a short term special is very easy, especially if it is a discount off of your Rack rate. You can automate some, all or none of your emails - so handy. The reports are well put together and easy to use. The search capabilities are wonderful - you can find a booking by the last four digits of their Credit card. I mainly moved over because of the cost. With RezOvations and using Bed & Breakfast.com to link to the OTA's for two properties. We have easily cut the cost in half. I thought I would be giving up a lot of functionality with the reduced cost, but I have actually gained much more control of my rates. Just do it...it's worth it. The Support team is very responsive. I have had a few little bugs, which I may have caused myself, but they have cleared them all up relatively quickly.

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to set up. Credit card set up is a breeze, we did switch credit card processors. Booking Engine came together beautifully, we put both Inns together. The link to the OTA's - three for each property (Expedia, Booking & Trip Advisor) and we only had brief troubles with one of them - was easy. If you are having reservations about moving just take it slow and steady one piece at a time and you will get there unscathed.

Cons

My main complaint and I think this is only because I was moving over from another system, is that the functionality of things were not explained. The Sales Department gives its pitch and then you are turned over to an Implementation Team which I think should ask a lot more questions about how you run your business than they did. We would have saved a lot of time, effort and frustration. A simple example is in some of their List Items, you enter all your Market Segment options in setup for a drop down menu that appears on the Reservation screen. Had they told me that the drop-down list shows up in the order that you enter them I would have entered them in a much different order. Simple stuff like that would have been very handy to know in advance. The housekeeping functionality is seriously lacking, but I haven't really seen a system that has a good one.

Michael from Island House Hotel

Saves Time and Money

Inn Road Software is simple to navigate and to learn. Although I did not start with Inn Road software integration from the beginning, it has proved to be useful in operations for the small 39 room hotel I operate. To make a long story short, I started as the GM last year in 2015; without training from my predecessor. I've not experienced such a cloud based software before, rather my strong suite was with another brand in a POS/Hospitality software. Being tossed into a new software, well. . . I only had my knowledge of computers and my wit to figure out applications being hindered and harbored in the technological era. After a month and a half, I've caught onto how the system operates. It wasn't too difficult to adapt to the generalities of how Inn Road Operates. In most areas I prefer the ease of Inn Road. Not only because I caught on fast in the areas needed to manage the hotel and all the reservation types that come wit it, but it allowed for me and others to correct ourselves prior to saving our mistakes. To explain, required information needs to be filled out prior to advancing and saving anything. It may seem archaic in regards to applications or forms have always required fields to be filled in before proceeding, but I've never had this luxury with the original operating system I've used. This has been beneficial and is a great regarding the software because it no longer requires many reports to be printed and trying to find the origin of the mistake to make corrections from the beginning. Overall, Inn Road has and continues to save time, which in return saves money, and sanity. I've always appreciated the cliché phrase "Work smarter, not harder." In my opinion, Inn Road's software allows me to accomplish this objective.

Pros

Employee Mistakes are easy to find and correct. Simple enough to remember the corrective action once experienced. For example, how to change a room using parking lot. It has a question mark in the upper right that allows you to search for tips and read up on the features. The customer service has never let me down. If I have a question I either call in or email, depending on my time constraints. They've been great with their help and responses to my staff and myself. If it is something that they are unable to manage or correct from their stand point, then it is passed to the IT department to investigate. Inn Road takes care of Credit Card processing during the Audit process. We just have to run the reports and post everything from the day officially. Other than that, it is a simple print of the reports.

Cons

There are features I miss that an older software I used had; like having a DO NOT RENT LIST for trouble guests. The software is still learning and I consider it a Beta Phase until they've incorporated many features that people are requesting to see with the software. Lock night audit periods!! The system allows you to proceed without completing this feature, which is a blessing and a curse; not sure if it is a pro or a con at this point.

Caitlin from Clark Currier Inn

So happy we switched!

We decided to switch to InnRoad last winter and it was the best decision we made! One of my biggest fears was our initial integration, but with the help of Jeff our property setup and integration were really easy and a lot faster than I anticipated. InnRoad is extremely user friendly when it comes to the day to day operation of the system. We have had a couple glitches with the interfacing of InnRoad and Booking.com which lead to a handful of over-bookings but InnRoad seems to have fixed whatever the problem was. The one thing I think they can work on or change protocol is following up with clients who contact the 24-7 Client Services department. Once you call or contact the Client Services Department and a ticket or work order is created that is the last you hear from them until you receive an email asking to fill out a short survey referencing the closed ticket item. The survey asks you how their customer service was and if you have any comments or feedback as to what they can do better. I am the type of person who would like a phone call or short email back from tech support saying "hey, we fixed the problem - this is what went wrong, this is what we did to fix it." That way I know the issue was resolved. Otherwise I just assume the ticket is still outstanding. Once you receive the email with the survey it means everything is resolved but I just like to be in the know so next time something happens I have knowledge as to what the problem could be. That is the one and only thing I think they could improve. Oh and maybe they could design an app for my phone/tablet so I can work on the go - other than that LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Highly recommend the change if you are on the fence. It has made my life a thousands times easier.

Pros

How user friendly it is. How it has streamlined our two properties. Ability to run reports and track where guests are booking from and traveling from.

Cons

How I can't use on my iPhone or tablet. So if I'm not at my desk I can't take a reservation.

May 2016

James from Echo Lake Lodge & Cottages

May 2016

Very good. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

After looking at several other systems, including a couple of the ones aimed at large, chain hotels, innRoad seemed to be the best designed for the small, single location business. We are very new to this business, so anything that could clearly improve our operations and sales is a bonus. A few things we do that are somewhat unique require creating workarounds that aren't as precise as would be ideal, but the customization available is great. Customer support and training has been really good, as well, leaving me in no doubt that the vendor actually does care about their customers. Even on a holiday, you can get live help on the phone quickly. The channel management features got us quickly online with major OTAs so we could get loads more exposure than traditional advertising would for the same cost. Already we are up 73% in sales over the same time period in the previous year! Of course, your mileage may vary. The pricing is also very competitive. I would not say it is the lowest I found, but based on every point I compared among systems, the system returns good value for the cost.

Cons

We have a vacation rental component to the way we do business that doesn't really fit the traditional inn model. This software is clearly aimed those businesses that hew closely to the inn model. I agree that their focus is entirely appropriate, but managing the kind of group bookings we do is a little harder than it would be using a system designed for vacation rentals. That said, vacation rental-based systems are far more limited in their overall scope. My only other nit to pick is that a few of the functions scattered throughout the system don't always respond reliably, but this may be more a function of the system being web-based, rather than run from a local server.

Response from Ali

Replied June 2016

James, thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear innRoad is working so well for you and you’re up in sales after listing on OTAs. Keep up the amazing work!

Sarah from Lucky 7 Casino

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Definitely choose Innroads when user support matters

The reason I did not rate the price / value was I'm a Reservation Agent and unaware of the rate paid, definitely not because I think it unfair. I do however feel like with the customer support they offer 24/7 being superior than any I've dealt with I wouldn't even enter price in to my decision equation. It's like having great car insurance, price is irrelevant if excellent support is available when you need it.

Pros

Ease of use, tutorials available, articles/how to guides just by searching a related term/word even if generalized. Hands down best customer support agents who don't stop if they aren't able to answer a question, instead they take it to a specialized team who proceeds with the inquiry/issue. They've followed up via email and phone every time I brought things to them. (I'm the squeaky wheel & utilize customer support a lot!) When responding to a feature availability inquiry the response has always been thorough and/or if feature was not currently an option they've taken it to a design team who has implemented it when possible. Their customer support has made reservation life so much more efficient.

Cons

A few quirky things about the program are puzzling, but not deal breakers. I was an opera user before and miss the feature of having everything about a person and all charges and history be available on one screen in pop ups ~ it was like all my sticky notes right where I could see them with the guest in front of me.

Dave from Timber House Resort

Great for our property! We're a smaller boutique hotel with 11 guest rooms currently. We're growing, adding rooms and features. InnRoad has supported and helped us significantly with our growth.

We've been using InnRoad for almost three years now. We've used three PMS/reservation systems over the last 12 years and this is by far the best we've used. As you work with them they will help you to build a better marketing presence and to optimize your mix of direct bookings on your site versus relying on third party reservation systems with high commission costs

Pros

Reliable and comprehensive reservation system for your own website and to automate and integrate connections to take reservations from third party reservation systems. Haven't encountered any over/under booking issues. We were able to set up packages and bundles to implement different rate structures and strategies (room only, bed & breakfast etc). Customer support is quite capable and impressive given the large number of smaller businesses they're serving and supporting.

Cons

User interfaces cram a lot of capability onto each screen by using small and somewhat cryptic graphical icons with limited or in some cases, no text. In the long run, this is a good thing, because it facilitates powerful quick navigation.. but, in the early going it adds to the learning curve to remember what the icons mean. But this is a MINOR issue and can be overcome fairly quickly.

Michael from Island House Hotel

Easy to adjust to

Pros

Although it is frustrating, I like that Inn Road allows one step to be completed at a time and you cannot proceed unless everything is done correctly. Working in a fast pace environment with hospitality a lot of things can be forgotten or overlooked because we multi-task upon multi-tasking. I've done so myself plenty of times, but the program is built to allow things to be done correctly the first time by having all the proper areas filled out. This way it limits the time one could waste backtracking to find a mistake made towards the beginning of the process or even at the beginning of the month.

Cons

The thing that I least like about Inn Road is that users can delete/void items that were done on a previous day and it can alter number totals for the MTD. The rule of thumb is to never change anything in the past!! Always do everything in real time and the date coincide with the date that the correction is being made; It is very important. To explain, an associate deleted the first night room charge on a guest that was staying 15 days total. What should have been done was to add a room charge adjustment that coincided with the actual date and type in the date it was correcting in the comment area. What was done was they deleted the posting and added a posting for a discounted percentage, but they changed the date for the posting to be for the first day. I hope this makes sense in text because it was confusing to locate where the issue was at first.

Response from Catherine

Replied December 2015

Hi Michael, I’m sorry you have encountered this. There actually is a quick way to ensure that users cannot void or delete things done on the previous day. I’ve passed along your information to our support team who will be reaching out shortly to assist you.

Michael from The Hudson Guest House, LLC

Very comprehensive system with great functionality

I am very impressed that I have a full property management system with back office accounting for a monthly fee and no investment. It includes a booking engine and mobile app, allowing me to have a system that compares in many ways to the property management systems of the industry giants.

Pros

The system is full of options but easy to use. Training and trainers are thorough and knowledgeable about system and patient throughout the process. They are very fast and can get you up and running quickly. Support is around the clock and case workers are there to assist with guidance. There online tools and tutorials

Cons

I signed up too early and should have waited to implement as I opened much later. Very impressive sales experience that took awhile to regain my confidence during implementation. Certain limitations, such as multiple persons in one room are not very well managed. The work around to get two names in one room is not acceptable as it alters the contact/billing information and eliminates the possibility of different prefixes for two individuals and the contact is associated with the payment processing. There are limitations to the marketing sources and sub-sources that need to be corrected, as they were clearly intended for use and were used by the first operators one can see.

sofia from Harvest Dance LLC

huge improvements in coding and intuitive application

We have been with Innroads through several incarnations, and we are happy we stuck it out and are where we are. The systems are super cross-referenced and allow us to navigate all sorts of reservations, from daily to weekly, to extended and groups. Thank you all!

Pros

Innroads just implemented 2 chart upgrades which make the chart much more intuitive, end-user friendly and easy to check on reservations. We welcome the constant improvements, and welcome the efforts to add features and cross-referencing. Some of Innroads customer service agents are excellent and know how to address issues on the spot - always a delight and happy to have certain agents on the phone.

Cons

Some minor suggestions: we are waiting for a code change to ensure we do not close out a reservation with an neg/pos balance. We envision a color change when checking out so that staff and audit is alerted to the open balance. Another suggestion is to ensure that the night tech team is trained enough to understand the issue at hand.

January 2016

Scott from Jaybird's Inn

January 2016

InnRoad is a long term partner for our busniess

Pros

I found the system to be user friendly, affordable and full of potential from day one. That fact that we were able to go live with the system in a blink of an eye due to the system being cloud based with no installation. The assigned account manager walked me through each step of the set up and continued with teaching the entire staff via conference calls. The tech support department was great with our learning curve and would assist us through each self placed hurdles. The InnRoad team assisted me in setting up accounts with all of the online travel agents (OTA's) and worked with our webmaster to link the booking engine seamlessly. Almost immediately we began receiving bookings, the front desk agents were operating the system like pros and are "brand of one" began to grow.

Cons

Hannah from HHG (Barksdale House Inn)

Great reservation system for our small Inn

We have been using InnRoad at our property since 2014 and ever since the big update it has been better than ever. Many user friendly features have been added, including the ability to drag and drop reservations directly on the tape chart, simple "press of a button" cancellation, and new and exciting color coding. We especially appreciate the added feature of being able to customize the tape chart to how each of the front desk associates prefer it when they are logged in. It's also helpful to be able to adjust the rate plan on the tape chart instead of having to do it after opening the reservation up. Tabs are a genius idea, as it allows us to multitask. Any issues we've had have been resolved very quickly and efficiently. Before their update, we briefly considered switching to another reservation system, but now we're so happy we decided to stick with InnRoad.

Pros

It's easy to use, and very straight forward. Easy to train new people how to use it.

Cons

Some features are not as user friendly as we would like, more specifically when loading rates.

Patty from Shawano Four Seasons Resort/Hotel

Why we like Innroads

We have been using Innroads since 2013. We are an independent hotel and have been really excited since they have been doing their upgrades on the system. They are constantly striving to make it easier for everyone to use. And there support team is the best. They are always there to help out with any problem that might be happening.

Pros

it is so easy to make reservations especially when it is a repeat guest. We do a lot of room blocks and they are so much easier to do now. I like how easy it is to cancel a reservation. And I love the Customer Service Team.

Cons

I don't like it when it kicks me out and I have to sign in again. And I don't like when it goes really slow when trying to do a reservation. Neither of these happens a lot but if it is slow when I am busy I don't like it. They have been working diligently to correct this issue.

Tom from Longhorn Ranch Resort & RV

Better Than Expected as a New User of innRoad

To prepare myself in general for the innRoad system at the property I am working at, I spent several hours watching training videos and taking notes ONLY to find once I was at my work site that many of the procedures in the videos were CHANGED....this became quite confusing to/for me! I also wish a written MANUAL for the operation of innRoad system for Front Desk Clerks arranged by topic: Checking in a Guest, Making a Reservation, Ways to Make a Payment, How to take a Room Out of Service, How to Place a Room back in Service, How to....(so many basic topics) in a SIMPLE, SYSTEMATIC, 1-2-3- step format were available (or if it is, I don't know about it)...Thank you!

Pros

I like : * ease of viewing reservations through the Tape Chart * ease of changing/moving reservations through the Tape Chart * ability to SPLIT rooms in one seamless operation for the same guest * customer support so far has been very helpful and usually prompt

Cons

I don't like: * seems like too many buttons to click to save, commit, select, etc. some operations * the difference on same dashboard button All Arrivals and Pending Arrivals, All Departures/Pending Departures (seems like Arrivals should simply show All arrivals for the date, then have another button for Today's Checked In Guests; Departures simply shows all departures that date still In House and use another button for Today's Checked Out Guests * Also - make UNdoing a Check In or Check Out simpler

Ken from Snug Harbor Resort

The Right Path.

Pros

As a resort manager using Innroad reservation systems for more than four years. I can say this.. Since we started using our beloved Innroads system, my life has been a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable. Innroad has taken our bookings, billings and customer satisfaction to another level. No more overbooking, paper work free and booking on line. Freeing up more than 1/2 the phone calls. This means, we are spending more time with customers in front of you.. We all know how important that is for your social media and reviews. A lot more smiles and laughter around the office now days..

Cons

Not being able to thank them personally. They give that 100% everytime. Everyone at Innroads has just the right touch to close a conversation with a smile. Thank You all!

Response from Catherine

Replied October 2015

We’re smiling over here at innRoad hearing how much we have helped you guys out. Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words!

DeLloyd from Sleepy J Cabins

Inn Road Customer Support

I would recommend this software for anyone in the lodging business.

Pros

The employees of Inn Road are very professional. They are also courteous and helpful whenever I have problems. I have had the software for three years and have not regretted purchasing it since I began using it. It is a very useful tool for our cabin operation. Our scheduling efficiency has been great.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the program. Once customer support did not save their work and caused us a lot of extra work. This was over the solar eclipse of 2017. I had five night minimum stay and the customer support agent did not save his work so 20 cabin nights rented for one night stays versus four five night stays, but that is the only incident in three years of my working with Inn Road.

Alyssa from Mother Lode Lodge

Coming out of the Stone Age

We are a small 14 unit family run motel that had been using the old paper book system (for the past 38 years) and I decided that as part of or office remodel we would get with the times and get an reservation system. Innroad was referred to us by another motel so I looked into it. The sales team was super helpful even in showing my mom who is the owner that we would actually be saving time and money by going with a program like there. The implementation team was great especially my rep who had to train me and put up with all my questions. There was a few hiccups that happened but they were remedy almost immediately. My mom who is not tech savvy at all can use the program easily. I also love the fact that I can access the reservation system from anywhere. This way if it is midnight and our office is closed and we get a reservation call I can see what we have available. Another great thing is that if we use their channel manager features and the amount of time that was spent entering and making sure the reservation book is up to date is virtually gone, I was spending hours a day doing this and now its about 5 minutes. If there is any problem or issue the customer support team is amazing. they can help you fix anything with in minutes. I have made many mistakes and they not only fixed them but then showed me how to do it too. The one rep even has gotten used to me calling that she asked about my 1 year old that she had heard previously in the back ground. Their team has that small business charm that makes you want to do business with them. I would defiantly refer them to other businesses.

Pros

The amount of time that is saved and how it consolidated so many jobs .

Cons

You cant access all the features on the mobile site

Denise from Blue Heron Cottages

What we need here is a bit more flexibility

Overall this software serves my purposes. That being said there are some major draw backs. I initially went with InnRoads because i wanted a online booking platform that could be integrated into my website. Due to the inflexibility of the platform and its inability to handle the subtleties and nuances of my booking requirements, I was not able to use this as a online booking utility. Instead, I use it as a hands on booking tool. For instance, I have seasons where my prices are higher then other times of the year (as I am sure most if not all hotels have) and the default is that if a guest wants to stay during a time that overlaps the two season ranges, InnRoads will always default to the lower price and there is no way of circumventing this default. I can manipulate the system manually, but if someone was booking online, I would lose money. As well, to manipulate this program with all its associations of seasons and rates is particularly challenging.

Pros

Cons

If you are not a full blown hotel/motel, such as we are (only 6 units) this platform offers much more then needed. Very difficult to figure out issues without the help of customer service. If you have different rate periods and a guest wants to stay within 2 or more of those periods, the system cannot adjust for the different rates during different times. Takes a few weeks to get up and running.

Meshelle from Snug Harbor Resort

Great experience

Pros

Inn road reservation system is very easy to use and learn. they have a help section with instructions on how to do a lot . You can schedule a class online . Or just call customer service on the phone which is available 24 hours a day. I have called a few times. And every time the repasenitive has been very polite and able to walk me through whatever I needed with step by step instructions. One time I was very busy with customers. And they just fixed my problem for me. And sent me a email with instructions on how to fix it myself if it happened again. Overall my experience has been excellent. And would recommend to anyone wanting to buy a reservation system

August 2015

Shana from Country Haven Inn

August 2015

The 21st Century comes to Country Haven Inn

Pros

The software is easy to use. I don't have to worry about making booking mistakes. It's also very easy to alter reservations and to see availability and rates of occupancy. The hotel was not computerized at all when I became the manager 3 years ago. After I was here 5 months a person called from innRoad and convinced us to give innRoad a try. I am of the generation that is not very computer literate and innRoad helped me implement the system and offered training sessions to our whole staff to learn how to use computers and the innRoad system. I'm not sure another software company would have done that.

Cons

I wish I understood how to delete obsolete rates. My available rates screen is too cluttered. If I were to ask, I know someone from InnRoad would walk me through how to fix that.

Response from Catherine

Replied August 2015

Shana, we’re so glad you gave us a try a few years ago and are still happy to this day. We couldn’t be where we are without awesome clients like you! We will have someone reach out to help you with your rates. As always, let us know if you need anything!

Janet from Sportsman Motel

New Motel owner, I have an IT background

I was able to get up and running in a matter of hours. There is a hospitality terms that I had to get up to speed on. Terms that I did not understand kept me from grasping some of the concepts. There are a few operations that I would like to be able to do myself. The software is a bit cumbersome for changing seasonal rates and promotions I do want to say that the integration help and the tech support is first rate. Our credit card integration (ShopKeep payments) is seamless. A few of the messes I got myself into needed emergency calls to tech support and they were able to resolve my issues while on the phone.

Pros

The reservation tape chart is easy to maneuver and select reservations to see details. The rooms being on the horizontal, helps me to find open dates for guests. Credit card integration is great, payments are automatically deposited to my bank account. Customer database is invaluable, can make personal notes on guests and reservations.

Cons

I still need help with manipulating the credit card information on reservations that need to be changed. I.E. customer leaves early and does not present his physical credit card at check in or check out, it is in the system from the initial reservation ...some times the credit card information is not available on my screen but is to the technical engineers. They have always been able to help me.

James from Echo Lake Lodge & Cottages

One year of sales growth

innRoad is a great fit for a small hotel or inn with a large variety of room types. We were able to create custom settings for each type of unit we have and can even have virtual rooms to meet needs that only come up in specific situations. The accounting features give us all the scalability we need for extra retail as we develop more income streams and keeps transactions simple for our guests. Managing OTA presence is a whole lot easier with the channel manager feature. Group reservations are somewhat clunky to manage. While you can set up groups, manage single or multiple payers, and include event-related fees, there's a lot to be done. In some ways, our old paper contract system was easier. There are also some features that can't be accessed directly, but require you to call support. It appears that this is variable according to your specific account details, but you will have to ask for specifics, some times as you find a feature you now want to use that you hadn't touched before. On the whole, this is a really strong system for a small, eccentric place. We've see our sales grow nearly 50% over the past year. While this isn't all due to innRoad, a lot of what drove that wouldn't have been possible without property management. I highly recommend it!

May 2014

Scott from Jaybird's Inn

May 2014

Couldn't be happier with the partnership that we have with Innroad

After purchasing a distressed property and completing a major renovation, we found ourselves with a beautiful independent property....an independent property with an outdated property management system with no link with the online travel agency world. After shopping numerous products, I came across InnRoad and the sales staff quickly arranged a demo session. The Demo session went very well and I agreed to kick the tires during a 30 day trial run. I found the system to be user friendly, affordable and full of potential; I signed on a member. April 15, 2013 we went live with the system in a blink of an eye. Since the system is cloud based, there was no installation. The assigned account manager walked me through each step of the set up and continued with teaching the entire staff via conference calls. The tech support department was great with our learning curve and would assist us through each self placed hurdles. The InnRoad team assisted me in setting up accounts with all of the online travel agents (OTA's) and worked with our webmaster to link the booking engine seamlessly. Almost immediately we began receiving bookings, the front desk agents were operating the system like pros and are "brand of one" began to grow. I won't say that InnRoad is without it's cons, there have been some that have been addressed with upgrades and some that they are working to address...but, their pros have made them the best investment that I could have made. I enjoy the cloud accessibility, their professionalism and their many connections to vendors that make our business run smoothly. I found the pricing reasonable and I found the perfect partner for our business needs. I gladly extend an invitation to contact me or my staff at the property for our honest - straight forward opinion of this product. Scott Overton, Sr. General Manager Jaybird's Inn St. Augustine Florida 904-342-7938

Response from innRoad

Replied May 2014

Thank you so much Scott, we are glad to have you as a partner and we are so proud of your success!

Gita from Comfort Inn

Such a great Experience

If youre looking to switch pms systems, this is by far the best one I have tried.

Pros

I have used customer service a number of times when manager is not available and time is of the essence. I have always , always, had the problem resolved. I mainly call when a guest has a billing issue and is impatient when advised a manager is not available to help me help them. InnRoad support has provided the front desk with on screen sharing as well as regular phone directions. It makes the part time front desk shifts easier.

Cons

innRoad does what it promises and more. It minimizes the work involved in managing my lodging business. InnRoad has helped to eliminate and streamline time and paperwork It should be noted as well that any system is only as good as its Support Team and hotline. I can honestly say that innRoad's 24-hour Support I also got the chance to get connected with all my channel managers super easy! (Bookings.com, Expedia, Hotels.com)

Lauren from Historic Windsor B&B

Great overall product

Pros

Anytime I call INNRoads makes sure to get issues resolved. I like to have the ability to get connected Live to cover questions without confusion. Customer service is great. I like the option of not paying for credit card processing, as we use an external device

Cons

There are some natural language barriers. The system can be very slow at times. Im really in need of a mobile friendly version, as I often find myself taking reservations on my cell when i'm out hiking and snowboarding. They are not mobile compatible. Blocking out dates is hard, so I find myself just making fake reservations.

Susan from Ontario Inn

Great Help with Managing various booking websites inventory

Good overall solution for managing rooms and reservations. Has made the whole process simple and easy to follow for front desk staff.

Pros

Worked great during the mania of the eclipse! No overbookings despite several cancellations and re-bookings online. No more trying to close rooms on a travel website and have them refuse because they have not yet been closed on a competitor's website. Makes taking reservations from repeat customers much easier when they call, it pulls all of their information into the new reservation without requiring them to read off credit card number, etc. Customer service is always available and helpful.

Cons

Occasionally hangs and doesn't update a reservation right away, but I suspect our internet has something to do with that.

Robert from The Sea Spray Resort

Great Reservation System.

Pros

The system accomplishes every task I need and more. Reservations, Housekeeping, Financial break down (separate unit owners) and comprehensive Reports. Customer service is Excellent! My first reservation was in the 280,000's they now are over 5.8 million reservations and increasing rapidly. You will be very happy with Innroad. Our Resort is #1 rated on TripAdvisor on Siesta Key, FL. I would not risk that standing by using any other reservation system.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like. Any issues or suggestions were always attended to immediately.

Response from Catherine

Replied December 2015

Robert, thank you so much for your kind words! You’ve done a fantastic job with that number of sky rocketing reservations and keeping your guests incredibly happy. A #1 rating on TripAdvisor is definitely worth celebrating. Keep up the awesome work!

Josh from Dream Inn

InnRoad has been a tremendous tool that has allowed my business to reach the next level!

Pros

Innroads unique value proposition is its ability to consolidate many faucets of management into one easy to navigate interface. As a result, Innroads has not only saved me time in managing my hotel, but also boosted my hotel's occupancy dramatically! In combining its convenience with its fantastic customer support system, Innroads has been extremely effective in resolving booking errors and accommodating customers. After becoming acquainted with the platform, the user interface is easy to navigate and to extract information for all employees, allowing staff to focus on customer satisfaction.

Cons

Periodically, Innroads freezes and becomes non-responsive, which creates awkward situations when customers are present.

Nancy from Holly's Place South Lake Tahoe

Accessible, live support with a lot of positive, professional Friendly responsive encouraging help.

I appreciate the fact that every time I call for support, I am able to talk with someone personally who helps right away. I have never had to be put on hold for an indefinite amount of time. Follow up phone calls were requested by me to be sure I was setting up things correctly after being walked through inventory issues. The consistency of talking with the same person is very helpful.

Pros

I appreciate the availability of support and the patience offered to help me solve problems and get through rough spots.

Cons

For a person like me who did not grow up with computers, this system seems to have many steps steps that don't make obvious sense.

Dee from Pioneertown Motel

October 2015

innRoad has made an INcredible difference in our booking experience

Pros

I don't know if I can pick one thing. As of right now, the first thing that made a HUGE difference was the functionality and ease of use. All of our staff - from the highly technically inclined to the ones that struggle with anything digital, they have had no problem learning and using it. There aren't any processes that are complicated or redundant - everything is easy to find and do. We are in a rural area and don't always have the best internet connection, but it runs just fine, even when our internet service is slower. The customer service is incredible. From my initial software tour to on-boarding to having 24/7 support that has answered questions and assisted me with resolving issues, the experience has been awesome. Every person I have dealt with has listened to me and helped me utilize the software to improve our reservation processes and make booking easy for our staff and our guests. This has been hands-down one of the very best software experiences I've had.

Cons

I haven't found anything that has been inconvenient - everything has been awesome so far.

Response from Catherine

Replied December 2015

Hi Dee, the whole team here says “THANK YOU” for your incredibly nice words. We’re here to make your lives easier, and it seems like we have. Keep up the great work, and let us know if there is anything you need!

Christopher from Bonnie Springs Motel

InnRoad has been a Blessing!!

Overall, Innroad is an excellent experience. The site is reliable, easy to use, and well organized. Training new employees has been much easier and faster because of the simplicity InnRoad offers. Not much room for user error. Automatic booking has been on of my favorite features, and the local support team is fast and reliable. However, the local support is only available during normal business hours. They do offer 24 hour support, but its international therefore can be a language barrier. Ultimately, I would suggest this product for any small motel/hotel owners.

Pros

Automatic Bookings, ease of use, easy training, minimal room for user error, well organized.

Cons

Local support not 24 hours, 24 hours international support tends to yield a small language barrier, occasional lengthy updates, no 86 feature available

Carmen from Payne's Harbor View Inn

Great Home Office Staff! Complex System

We have been using the system for a year. Still learning. I don't know if it has increased business, but it has certainly made us more professional looking and efficient.

Pros

Support staff seem to know everything about the system, and there is so much this system can do. It really can handle all of your booking needs, but there is a lot to learn.There are videos and instructions on the help site, but it's nice to have real people to walk you thru the steps when you aren't computer savvy.

Cons

The overseas team is very kind, but not completely knowledgeable about the product. They know the basics, and can certainly help, but the weekday crew is much more knowledgeable if you are really confused about something.

Danielle from Bayview Resort

Efficient right hand assist

It is sufficient enough to run daily operation and I am happy with the support staff who are always helpful

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use. Lately there are some new improvements to the software. Customer service by far is the best of the system's feature. I usually get the same group of people to help with technical issues. They can do remote support, so I can watch what they do on my computer screen. Best feature.

Cons

There are still some glitches exist, some reports I hope to run that they can to tailor to my needs.

Kristina from Seven

Not the cheapest booking system, but you can't beat the customer support

Every booking system seems to be complicated at the beginning. But once you get it you are all set with InnRoad. And if you have any questions, their 24/7 phone support is there for you.

Pros

Customer support is just outstanding. Not only they resolve issues rather promptly, but they are always super helpful and polite. Latest changes also improved software for user.

Cons

It is not the cheapest option out there. But you get what you pay for. It takes a while until you utilize all features, but I believe that is the result of pretty nice flexibility of the system.

Allison from Roux

December 2015

innRoad was the perfect solution for us!

Pros

The selection of the right reservation system for our business was critical. We were new to the Bed & Breakfast industry and purchasing a property that did not have an existing system. We reviewed many systems and found innRoad to be the perfect partner. The feature that set innRoad apart for us was the seamless integration with third party booking companies (e.g., booking.com, expedia, et al). We had heard too many tales from other innkeepers of over-booking situations they encountered due to the fact that their systems did not. We also find that the innRoad platform marries well to our property branding.

Cons

We have not come across anything that we do not like about this product. We are eagerly awaiting an app to be available, however. It would be so great to have access to our reservation system when we are off-property.

Response from Ali

Replied June 2016

Allison, we love to hear that we’ve been a perfect partner for your bed and breakfast! It’s been a pleasure working with you and your amazing team. Keep up the great work!

Samuel from Manoa Valley Inn

Easy to Use, Updated Regularly

I've been using innRoad for about two years as administrator and daily user, and it's almost effortless compared to our previous booking engine. The staff is always happy to assist and check in on us regularly to make sure that the software is meeting our needs and to inform us of new features.

Pros

Easy to use interface, very intuitive tape chart for current reservations.

Cons

Some features are difficult to find on your own, but their customer service is excellent.

Leah from Tahoe Vistana Inn

Very user-friendly!

Pros

The visual aspect is easy to interpret and explain to new employees. Also, the ability to correct mistakes in folios, etc. is very helpful when someone is learning, along with the ability to set roles and each users abilities.

Cons

Adjusting the rates is time-consuming and definitely takes thought to work out the different seasons and rates, as well as minimum stays. Lowering rates for last minute bookings is sometimes a lot of effort if a new season has to be created as well.

Lucy from Timber House Resort

I had an issue with the booking system, it was dealt with quickly and professionally the problem was solved easily

Pros

awesome customer service, they are quick to respond and always find the issue. They are friendly and patient even with those (like me) who are not as quick with a computer as others

Cons

There is a lot of extra "clicking" to get to where you need to go, it can get frustrating when trying to just see the tape chart but have to go to reservations first then to tape chart, also when making a payment there is A LOT of steps that can seem time consuming when the guest is waiting

J T from Dancing Bears Inn

September 2015

Best reservation product out there...the complete package...

Pros

It is a very easy product to work with as well as train new staff. They are proficient on the basics of this software within 1 hr. The vendor is probably the most responsive and patient support staff. They are professional, resolve issues quickly, and always have your time as their top priority. They take the time to train you as they are resolving the issue as well as keeping you updated on any down time they may have updating the system.

Cons

They are working on being able to book and charge tours/groups easier. This is a little troublesome at times.

Response from Catherine

Replied September 2015

John, thanks so much for the kind words! We pride ourselves on how awesome our support team is and couldn’t be happier you enjoy working with them. The next time you have a group reservation, give us a call and we’d be more than happy to walk you through it!

Julia from Salt Hotels

October 2015

Great for small properties; Simple and easy to use overall.

Pros

The interface is streamlined and easy to use. It is simple to learn and train others on. We like that they are able to connect directly with 3rd party OTAs and that the online booking engine for our website increases our reservation conversion rates. The reporting options are in-depth and meet the needs we have at our small inns. Since the system is web-based we can access it at anytime from any computer with internet access - a huge plus. We also like that multiple properties can be accessed with the same log-in.

Cons

The revenue management functions are difficult to use and maintain for properties with daily changing rates.

Response from Catherine

Replied October 2015

Julia, thanks for the review! innRoad was designed for the independent hotelier & innkeeper, and it’s great to hear our system is perfect for you…and increased your reservation conversion rates!

February 2016

Peggy from Historic Heritage Hotel

February 2016

InnRoad is the best road for our hotel!

Pros

InnRoad's Cloud Based Property Management System was recommended to us by Software Advice. We have a small Boutique hotel in a picturesque farming community in Kansas. We wanted an affordable booking engine that could connect us to the online travel agents AND we needed a property management system. Most of the programs were far outside of our price range. However, InnRoad was willing to work with us! We love the system and we love InnRoad! As the person who worked one-on-one with the InnRoad implementation team, I was greatly impressed with their professionalism and teamwork. We have great support after the implmentation process was achieved. The continued, on-going support and education is like having your own IT department. InnRoad is our #1 business system!

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this product or the company. I remain impressed with their system, the savings, the ability to promote and manage our company, the Historical Heritage Hotel.

Response from Ali

Replied June 2016

Peggy, thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear you had a great implementation and are continuing to have success with the system. It’s been a pleasure working with you and your awesome team!