• Pros

• "Dashboard is easy and user friendly and provides a range of information as a snapshot. Very easy for my staff who actually enjoy using the system."

• "Easy platform to navigate, and doing the set up was fast and great support provided. Pricewise, Mews offer a good deal and deliver a full online integrated platform that meet our needs. "

• "MEWS is easy to operate and is made for hoteliers. Support is great and Sean in South Africa is on call 24/7"

• Cons

• "Lets say that some implamentations take a long time to be developed. Sometimes the system is lagging, but on verry few ocasions. I´m a verry happy client in general."

• "Very difficult to say. Copared to any other PMS this is just clever. "

• "I like everything so its impossible for me to answer this. "

Browse Mews Commander Reviews

Catarina from HolidayOnJ

Finally a user friendly PMS that works

Mews is an amazing software, that has a simple solution for many complex data processes and makes the team and the guests spend less time with burocracy.

Pros

I love the easy use of the software, the constant improvement and the help service on the minute makes it for me the best PMS ever developed.

Cons

The room plan but I am getting used to it.

Helena from Emblem Hotel

Perfection at its bets

We started using the system 3 years ago and I could not be happier. It gives me a lot more freedom to run my hotel from where ever I am. All reports that I need are at my finger tips and accessible with my mobile should I need to do so. Its easy to use, has number of great functions and everything is just logical. With more and more interfaces being build it gets even better. Their customer service is always there to help and assist and the FAQ are just the best as it is done in the way of short videos and not just texts. Costs of the system are much lower than any other, as you do not pay any large installation costs or fixed monthly fees. You only pay as much as you use the system and how much the system help you - which is a fair way of pricing.

Pros

As a general Manager, I like that its easily accessible and I can use it to its full effect from my phone. Its easy to use so training my staff does not take too long as its very intuitive. With interfaces with my channel, review, rate manager etc it just means that I do not miss out on any reservations, do not sell at wrong rate or get as many reviews as possible.

Cons

I like everything so its impossible for me to answer this.

Javier from Dharma Home Suites

Didn't Work Us

We tried switching to a more robust PMS, but it's really not made for our business. It looks like a great platform, but just not for our use

Pros

Very robust, but it didn't really work for us. All reporting is great. Connection to different channels is easy.

Cons

Maybe that it didn't have the ability to view the tape chart for more than 14 day is what I disliked the most.

Vicky from Sysco SA

June 2016

Customer experience through technological advance!!!!

Pros: 1)Save money using online tools (online check -in/out, online payments etc 2)sell more using integrations with channel managers and revenue managers 3)Guest satisfaction with Navigator application as a mobile concierge 4)Great support 24/7 Cons: The only thing i can say is that a cloud web based system is a new world in which we have to adjust.

September 2016

U from K's House

September 2016

Great PMS made of the guys's passion, which is growing everyday basis, with great & humanly support!

First of all it's pity that we can't to talk face to face to you interested in Mews;) If you ask us "experience", the first thing which comes to our mind is "people", we mean the Mews staff. Their passion for this industry, confidence in their product, patience for customers questions are the first experience we had with them. Yes the system is GREAT, or we should put -EST (if there ever is anything better, we'd love to see). But what made us finally decide to use Mews is those guys;)

Pros

The most? It's so hard to tell since all the features are so good. You can feel the philosophy, and every feature really "make sense". Since they know and have lots of experience in this industry, often what seemed to us unnecessary or inconvenient turn out to be necessary and so convenient as we use further. Well, what we like the most about this system is that we can feel the presence of Mews staff behind the system;)

Cons

Well, we thought for a while, but there is nothing we don't like about Mews. The thing is whenever we have some sort of requests or want some features to be changed into certain ways, these guys are very open to customers' opinions. So these things don't come up to our mind as "cons".

Marius from Book4days

Best PMS ever! Happy to have joined the Revolution!

We got faster check-in time, it reduced the overall work in the reception.

Pros

The design and the funcionality. It's easy to use, everything it's where it should be. It can be integrated with various softwares. The reports Mews generates are amazing and the Rate Management is every revenue manager's dream.

Cons

Lets say that some implamentations take a long time to be developed. Sometimes the system is lagging, but on verry few ocasions. Im a verry happy client in general.

Michael from Ambassador & Opera AG Zrich

Reduced to the max

Easy training, saving on payroll, speed and easy process.

Pros

Mews has completely changed our way to work. We can focus again on the most important thing in our hotel, which is our clients. The system is simple and only gives us what we need. The web based system gives us the access to any time. Check in online, Check in the lobby, in the room everywhere. As it is cloud based we can integrate anything with API's. The great surprise was, how easy the housekeeping team changed to the commander app and used it for the controlling of the rooms.

The best PMS and excellent support team

Pros

Great cloud based PMS that allow me to connect at any time and from anywhere, even smartphone. Nice and clear user interface. It is very intuitive and very easy to get used to the system. The payment gateway is perfect and the team do not waste time anymore entering charges in the CC device. Also errors has decreased. 100% recommended!

Cons

You need to get used working differently because it is not like other classic PMS's but once you get used to it is much easier and probably will never move back to classic PMS with old fashion look. It is not the cheapest PMS but it is not the most expensive either but it is worth to pay. The card gateway has a commission slightly higher than probably commission straight from the bank but again it makes work much easier so worth again to pay for it.

Michaela from BookNassfeld

MEWS is the revolution tool! Make every hoteliers life easier

Pros

Cloud system, smart tool, clean and simple work, focused on guest, continuous growth of the company!

Hassan from Docklands Lodge London

Great easy to use and accessible from anywhere!

Booking engine with amazing connectivity with the system that connects seamlessly with channel manager and OTAs

Steven from De Gulde Schoen

Smoothless, user friendly PMS system!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy access to different sections via multiple ways, we like the dashboard (startpage), which gives a perfect overview of different departments, tasks, etc..., with the different colour pattern to prioritise tasks.

Cons

Some small issues to work on... (e-mail address in profile can be confusing about linking all names to a reservation,...)

JC from Masaya Hostels

MEWS very good PMS

We gain in efficiency, in customer experience, in accounting security

Pros

Pros: - Support very good - Easy of use - Integration with other systems - Customer Experience features

Cons

Cons: - Work only with internet...no connection = no system - Do not have integrated Channel Manager - Must improve on cross-selling features with packages

Reinette from BAY VIEW RESORT NAMIBIA

MEWS is a great product. Received great training, as well as still ongoing support from Shaun.

User Friendly, Practical, and great support from the MEWS Team. Also the HELP feature and the great support one receive when needed, is really great.

Pros

It is very practical and very user friendly. The support we receive when we get stuck on something is incredible and makes the world of difference. Thank you Shaun for your help and ongoing support.

Lyubov from Soul Kitchen hostel

July 2016

So far the best PMS I've seen for hostels and hotels

When choosing new PMS for our hostel we've made a deep research of most existing solutions in the market and when we came across MEWS we realized that this is the one we were looking for. Soul Kitchen is an award-winning hostel, we never stop improving and always eager to create new experiences for our guests, . And so does MEWS, getting to know their team was like meeting friends with similar vision. I Love every aspect of MEWS: the design is pleasant and functional, it works from any device and works fast, online check-in feature is great and many guests actually use it before they arrive, it was easy to train staff and to migrate from another system, rate management is effortless and joyful, it integrates with Booking Suite giving me the rates of our competitors. What I like the most is very helpful and professional customer support. I cannot recommend MEWS highly enough.

Ingmar from Kasteel Kerckebosch

June 2016

Perfect PMS system for innovative hotelier

We use Mews for one year now and are more than happy with this innovative and flexible cloud solution. In our 30-bedroom castle hotel we like to give all our guests the most personalized welcome and Mews can support this. Because Mews is easily to use on a tablet we can do the administration in every corner of the historic building (although when the WiFi works ;-)). Business people can check-in online or a quick check-in with our guest service members. Those who likes to take the time for a check-in, we first serve a good glass of wine in front of one of the open fire places. The support of FH System (Mews partner in Benelux) is perfect. The people working there are true hoteliers and are qualified to advise us in our daily operations. We can strongly recommend Mews and FH System (for those hotels that are based in the Benelux) for hoteliers that are looking for an affordable, user friendly and modern PMS solution.

Response from Mews Systems

Replied June 2016

Thank you Ingmar! It's wonderful to work with you and we hope that it may long continue. Thank you for all of the faith you have show in us from the very beginning and for your lovely review.

Daniel from MyFlats Alicante SL

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Software. Intuitive, great back office and tech support.

No Complaints. All really good so far.

Pros

-Super support from the tech team during implementation and regular questions -Very complete program with all the essentials for a PMS - Integrated online payment module - Integrated Reservation engine - Staff always ready to find ways to help integrate our apartment rental business

Cons

Nothing to complain really. Its a system which was manly created for hotels so its still missing some elements which are necessary for an apartment rental chain like ourselves. However, I look forward to helping them develop their software to fullfill all the needs of an apartment rental business.

Danny from Amsterdam ID Aparthotel

The 4th PMS System I am working with, and I can only say that this is by far the best one yet!

More insight in the way of thinking from other colleagues who are working with MEWS.

Pros

Easy to learn to colleagues who have 0% experience with PMS systems. If you are working with PMS's systems for several years, This system will be easy learned. Watch the videos at the MEWS Academy and you are good to go! Easy to find things bij just logical thinking.

Cons

Sometimes (but they are working on that) you need to press to much buttons instead of that everything is in one place. Example; If you want to check out a guests there is a separate screan for closing the bill and check out. In other PMS systems this is one button.

June 2016

Kamil from space2let, spol. s r.o.

Highly recommended!

We were looking for some cloud solution to have access to our occupancy etc. anytime and anywhere same as to have connections to channel manager, which we did not have before, and we find this web based software as a great choice. It is also quite quickly improving all its functionality so we look forward what comes up.

Georg from Austria Hostels

July 2016

You love innovation? Choose Mews.

I was looking for a new PMS and reviewed over 100 cloud based PMS. Finally I choose Mews because it has a highly innovative approach and fit's modern needs. We are using Mews in five properties and went live within just a few weeks. In our case, Mews is connected to a channel manager and we are also using the Mews Merchant (payment gateway for credit card transactions).

Pros

Beautiful booking engine Payment gateway Cloud based Innovative approach Well designed Automated emails Self check-in Great for hotels and hostels (like us)

Cons

Not a lot, probably some "growing pains" from time to time

Christopher from Nyati Safari Lodge

Easy platform to navigate

PMS, CRM, and full online integration online distribution

Pros

Cons

Some of the default settings needs to be possible to alter for the user so it can be more customized. You should be able to bring in your own credit card agreement instead of being forced to adopt the merchant agreement Mews is offering.

Nah-Dja from Mosaic House

June 2016

First to use it, great stuff!

I got to know MEWS 2 years before they launched the Commander and fell in love with the idea. I adopted the software in a new hotel that I was working on and was one of the first to use it in the world. Being a startup, there were small issues in the beginning, but the idea that was presented to me 2 years earlier, worked perfectly in my very busy, high volume hotel Mosaic House. I love the progress and forward thinking that the guys from MEWS produced and I look even more forward to all the connections to the PMS system that they are integrating currently. Highly recommended.

Response from Mews Systems

Replied June 2016

You were with us right from the start and it's really so great to see where we've managed to take the product. It's really thanks to innovative hoteliers like yourself that we're able to learn what truly makes your life easier and so thank you for sculpting parts of the system!

nina from downing hostel

Awesome

Pros

Great implementation from Sean, really dedicated to getting you up and running! Helps have a more automated system and very easy to use.

Cons

Some of the Mews University modules are repeated which seems like a waste of time, would be good to choose to not give staff modules which are not relevant to them. Perfect for hotels, could do with a little customisation for hostels.

Gregory from Clink Hostels

A HOSTEL PMS Dream!

After researching for over a year I finally stumbled across Mews which was exactly what we needed for our hostel chain in Amsterdam. The addition of it being cloud based made the decision all the more easier. We saved on all the unnecessary costs for hardware and servers and was able to go live almost overnight. The software is easy to use and the training to the team was very straightforward. Its changed the way we use software in our hostel and the way we look at things, which is why we picked Mews. The housekeeping application of real time clean rooms is my personal favourite as its not only made our checkin faster but our customers happy! I highly recommend Mews for anyone looking for a cloud based PMS for a hostel.

Thomas from Urban House

June 2016

The most innovative PMS system for the future

In a fast changing hospitality industry, where new products comes to light all the time and optimization on how to run the business is crucial - Mews has changed the game of PMS systems once and for all. With a stable Cloud based solutions, smart interface, great support and most important of all, an innovative mindset and forward thinking view on the industry, they are the best collaborators i have ever worked with. Urban House is a new "hybrid" and being both a hotel and hostel, is requires a special need, to fill the house to maximize revenue -Mews can do that job for you. Saving on installation costs and paying by performance, is something the competition can learn from. Mews comes with my highest recommendations.

Wiebe from Hotel de Wereld

A complete new idea of a PMS

Pros

User-friendly, Made for the users! slick design And the possibilities online, like Stripe payments, online Check-in and the booking engine.

Cons

Relatively new, with quite some fine-tuning to do. But these updates happen weekly, where the wish list is a very nice feature.

Helena from Emblem Hotel

The Best product

Mews is a great product for any hotel to have. Its easy to use, for me as a General manager it means I can access it literally from anywhere I want to on my phone and hence I can immediately act upon any reservation or price change. With the two way integration with our channel manager, our booking engine, etc I have limited all problems that not closing a room type causes or that selling a lower rate than I ought to can do. The service centre is available 24/7 to give advice and to help . I am very happy that we decided to apply this software for our hotels as well as for our wellness.

Evgenia from The Hague Teleport Hotel

June 2016

Smart and easy to use solution for modern hoteliers which saves a lot of time

We use MEWS at Teleport Hotels and must say it was an excellent choice. MEWS is very elegant and smart solution for modern hoteliers. It saves time of manual work which can be spent more wisely. Front desk can concentrate on improving guest's satisfaction. At the same time managers have a perfect overview. We especially like that everything is in one place and can be done with minimal amount of clicks. MEWS team is highly responsive and cooperation with them is always fun. They offer online check in and together with their partners check in kiosks which we hope to start using in coming months.

Luca from Hotel Liberty

Great PMS!

I am using Mews PMS from February 2014 and I am really satisfied. I appreciate mainly the flexibility of the system and the customer care of the company. I really like to check rates and availability, insert the reservation into the system directly from my mobile phone when I am not in the office. My staff at the front desk has more time to take care about our Guests because Mews, integrated with our channel manager insert the reservations into the system itself and the same Guests has the possibility to update his profile and speed up the check in at his arrival. For me, is a Great PMS

Revolutionary

Pros

Training, easy to use, customer based, reports, support!

Cons

Very difficult to say. Copared to any other PMS this is just clever.

Dean from Bay View Resort Namibia

This is a Great PMS system. Decided to go cloud and have really enjoyed working on MEWS.

Steinar from Harbour Hostel

Absolutely brilliant

We are a 46 bed hostel in Iceland and we have been searching for the perfect PMS for years! Finding the right one has been tricky and we are so pleased with the choice we made! Mews has everything that we wanted and the service is great! It took us only few days to ditch the old system and implement MEWS. I highly recommend MEWS!