• Pros

• "The daily night audit is quite easy to do. Intuitive software, the arrivals are quick to do."

• "Any action you have in mind, just look for the icon and click on it: it is done!"

• "They have to add a search button. Online support live. Sometimes we need help and the time it take it's too late."

• Cons

• "one thing is a little tricky is if you have someone staying for 2 weeks and on day 03rd you have to change room: the rate changes a little tricky but nothing major"

• "when we have something we don't like you fix it "

• "The learning curve can be difficult. It's different reports can be customized but there is no easy way to do so by ourselves."

Browse Hotello Reviews

Hans from Hotel Ambrose

A great option for a more traditional PMS

Pros

It functioned as expected. A very mature product, so it's very stable, and has all the features to compete with Opera et al. Definitely a whole lot cheaper. If you're planning to use a server or workstation based PMS, there's really no reason not to consider Hotello.

Cons

Even though they now have a cloud based option, it's not natively cloud, a bit of a workaround. Still a server based PMS that will forever be catching up to native cloud solutions. Not enough integrations, especially to modern products. Reports were customize-able, but very difficult to do so. No drag and drop calendar.

Emilie from Auberge des Battures

The customer service alone makes this a wonderful product!

Hotello is without a doubt a great software that meets and even exceeds our needs. It's various features are really helpful at managing our establishment as a whole. It does require a little bit of practice to fully understand it and it's interface could be slightly more user friendly, but its customer service is by far one of the best we have ever experienced.

Pros

The customer service! Prompt, efficient, and friendly, it is by far one of the best!

Cons

Response from Mingus Software

Replied March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are happy to read that you are enjoying Hotello and that the support team is up to your expectation. The support team is happy to customize the different reports for you. As the reports gather a lot of information as you say, there are no easy way to do it. Thank you again!

Djenabou from GGF Productions inc

A very Good tool

It is a good tool to ensure we don't have overbooking. It is accessible for all staff members and accountance.

Frédérick from Hôtel Plaza Valleyfield

Good for Hôtels with not a lot of meeting space

It is a well presented, easy to use and fun to work with Software for the room management. It lacks on the banquet management since the Platform looks like it was a "copy and paste" from the room Platform, without the adjustments needed for the banquets. If you have 5 and Under meeting space to manage, this software is perfect. If you have more than that, wait until they make serious changes on the Platform. I do love the software, but its not convenient enough to manage 18 meeting rooms.

Pros

The overall room management platform

Cons

The banquet Platform prevents me from effectively managing all my congress floor.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are trying to consistently improve our plateform. You are more then welcome to send us (support@mingus-software.com) your different need that you have so that we can send it to the developers. Thank you again for your review!

Guillaume from Hotel St. Paul

August 2016

Easy to use and evolutive software for Hotelier

As my position of ecommerce, revenues and distribution manager, I am asked on a daily basis to manage the rates, the inventory and the numerous 3rd parties the Hotel works with. Hotello is a easy to use, evolution according the new trends and designed to manage Rates and Inventory easily.

Pros

Yield Management module is perfect to manage all rates, availabilities and restrictions for all rate plans, and for all channel managed rates. The Marketing features is also extremely convenient for our sales team, for our markets scopes and for our emailing campaing.

Cons

The software would definitively gain in value if the Software would have a Rate Optimization System that would be able to recommand rates and inventory mangement based on : previous year performances, on the book forecasts, outliers, city compression demands, remaning demand, etc.

Marissa from Auberge Handfield

Really nice to work with

I have been working in different hotels with different softwares and I think Hotello is one of the most «friendly» one I have been working with. It's easy to use, you can do a lot of tasks with it. We also have a software for our marina and our spa. It would actually perfect it there would be a way we could use Hotello for these spheres of our businessa as well.

Pros

It's easy to use. We can do a lot with it.

Cons

There is still updates to come for the banquet software. Hopefully that will correct the problems we have right now.

Francis from HNF

August 2016

Good but can they do more?

Hotello is user friendly. I like to use this program but they have to upgrade there options. Search button, more repport available.

Pros

Cons

Lots of repports, lots of options dans user friendly

Laila from Hôtel Terrasse Royale

August 2016

Perfect solution for busy people

Friendly use of Hotello makes life easy to train fast and efficiently new employees even if they don't have much computer knowledge.

Sandra from Auberge & Spa West Brome

Efficiency Plus

When it's not crashing, it's a wonderful tool. It covers all required and necessary aspects of a hotel reservation and is very easy to adjust if need be.

Pros

Versatility

Cons

It crashes too often.

Cristina Marcano from ILC Academy

Fully compatible with your system installed in your hotel and is in the cloud.

It is an advanced property management software that helps you run all your operations smoothly and accurately, and helps keep your guests happy.

Pros

It is absolutely compatible with any system that previously has its hotel establishment and that makes it versatile and demanding. It is in the Cloud and that makes information accessible in a fast way and from the device available, avoiding large investments in storage equipment and hosting of information that makes the access to data cumbersome. If main feature is that it works as: booking engine, GDS, CRS, revenue manager, task manager, marketing email and many others.

Cons

Finding a flaw in a system so friendly and versatile for the management of a hotel is difficult, because any aspect of failure is forgotten when we see the great benefits of this system and even better when it collaborates to keep the guests satisfied, The joy of a client and thanks for the good service always erase any failure that could have the Hotello PMS system.

Josée from Platinum Gestion Immobiliere

Leadership

I have been working with Hotello for over 5 years and I am fully satisfied in all areas. The staff is competent. I recommend this company and this software at all. Thank you to the Hotello team for your generosity with us!

Pros

Friendly software

Cons

so far I do not have

Joanne from Habitations du Centre Multiethnique de Quebec

August 2016

Hotello used by Joanne (HCMQ)

I now use Hotello since 2 years (night audit shift). Before, I've worked with another software at an hotel for 2 1/2 years, and I really prefer yours.

Pros

Cons

When doing an arrival, the notes are popping twice. Once would be enough since we have to click a key to get it close.

manon from hotel et suites Les Laurentides

Industry: Utilities

my experience with Hotello

Since 2 years I am working with Hotello and I love it it is my first time in Hotel and it is great. Any time I need help somebody is there to help me.

Pros

easy to understand and work

Evelyne from Hotel Le Floral

Great support Service

Hotello is user friendly and you have a great support service. The formation each month is really appreciated.

Pros

User Friendly for employees

Cons

No as complete as a program from a branch (hotel).

nancy from Oiselière St-Nicolas

front desk

My experience was very easy to learn and when you trained some one. I like working every day with this. every template is clear.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

when we have something we don't like you fix it

stephanie from Grand TimesHotel Sherbrooke

Adjointe à la direction

I take care to book the groups, do the corporate agrement and billing . For 2 years , I always learn a little more.

Pros

billing

Cons

email address are not recorded in reports.

Martin from Villégiature Deux Rivières Resort

Great software

We use hotello and its works really well. We have some particular issue sometime and the staff always try to help us.

Kassandra from Hôtel Sépia

Good service

Always have a great service with the support team. Overall we enjoy working with Hotello, but some of the features are not quite on point.

Pros

Easy to use. Yield management and stats very visual

Cons

I cannot open twice the same window, I cannot put in a reservation more than one rate plan, I cannot do anything else is the PMS while I have a report running and a "last reservation updated" bouton would be nice.

Monica from Hotel Baie Saint Paul

hotello review

friendly program to keep track and organize all the tasks regarding your business. But it is the first time i see that someone must write at least 100 characters in order to give a review and participate in something. theres really not much to say when we consider that the perf the program it is mostly perfect. It is easy, clear, organized, fast, efficient, accurate, versatil, etc..

Pros

friendly

Cons

some plus could be added to make links faster

Lucille from Auberge le Relais des Hautes Gorges

Industry: Restaurants

New participant

I now find Hotello very useful to accompany reservation on line. I find it a bit difficult and complicated to use, cause I am used to a very primary room program. We need nowedays this new technology I guess. We had a new room program installed last spring, so it was pretty hard to learn all of this .....

Pros

The use of Reservit to reduce the number of rooms available as they are selected.

Cons

lots of clicks and very small printing

Response from Mingus Software

Replied March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are happy to read that you are enjoying Hotello. We understand that it can be hard to learn at the begining. Our advise is to follow as much as you can the online training. Also on our web page you will find the customer center that provides you with a few videos that will help you understand some manipulation.

Sarah from Hotel St Paul

Great experience

Hotello has been useful for our daily operations. The statistic report is so useful for our sales and marketing operation.

Maribel from Universidad de Oriente

The whole hotel operation in your hands

This software is a strategic tool as well as an operational one that functions as booking engine, revenue manager, task manager, email, marketing management and many other applications, adapting to the needs of the company. Thus contributing to the satisfaction of customers through the provision of quality service.

Pros

The information regarding the management of the establishment is stored in the cloud and that makes it accessible quickly and from anywhere, at any time and through any platform or device, avoiding large investments in equipment that serve for the collection of data and making it easier to handle. It is also compatible with any other system previously used for the operation of the hotel establishment.

Cons

The company's data is hosted on the provider's servers (cloud) and accessed through a web browser through the Internet, which creates a total dependence on the provider and of course that the internet connection does not present faults.

September 2016

Samuel from Hotel Clarendon

September 2016

I like for daily use

First time of my life with this systme, was working with IQware before and not so much changed, so pretty satisfied for the price.

Pros

2 ways

Cons

Lack of important reports

Laurence from Motel St-Eustache

Great an simple

I really like how user-friendly Hotello is. It is super practical ! There is a lot of options which makes it perfect for every kind of company.

Elsa from Le Capitole de Québec

Easy

Hotello is a very easy systeme to use. When I started at the Capitole, I was stress about learning everything because I was at the box-office and I have a lot of systeme to work with. But hotello was not complicated. It is easy to use and everything is clear. I can do a reservation in less than 7 minutes if a client call me and already know exactly what he wants! That maka reservation so much better ! Before I didnt want to do package because I thought it was caomplicated, but not at all, now I love working with Hotello !

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

The Yield Management module that we started using not long ago is easy to use and allows us to get the big picture of our hotel and objectives in just a few seconds. Furthermore, I want to emphasize on the efficiency of the support team, their courtesy and speed of responses. Bravo and thank you!

Vincent from St Paul Hotel

July 2015

Easy to learn, missing somes features

I am still new to this software, as a sales manager, I don't use it as often as before when I was in operations. I used to work with Opera. It is more complicated but as way more features. Quickly, here is what I think is missing: -Check-in/check-out reservation process -Using a credit card authorization already in the system for another reservation, instead of going back to the previous reservation and move the charges. -Routing process, every thing must be done manually which causes more errors Some far, here is what I notice. Hope it is clear.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your comments. We have taken notes of your suggestions and have submitted them to the programming team.

Virginie from Hôtel-Spa Château Sainte-Adèle

July 2015

We are new on bord but so far, it's good!

We have just start to used hotello. The system seems to be really userfriendly, easy to used... The team of support are really friendly and easy to work with. I would appreciate to be able to take my webminar whenever I wan and not on fix schedule, I think they are working on that, that's going to be a real good improuvement!

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are currently working on a Hotello Univercity, that would allow you, just as you suggest, to watch our training sessions at your convenience. It's a big project to undertake and we hope to have good news for you soon.

diane from hôtel Spa Château Sainte Adèle

July 2015

it was hard the first time alone,, then with the webinaire reception 2 all cleared up by the minute

pros, easy to use, more detailed information for the management and marketing, all in one use for the reception users and many ways to access the details cons go directly to my last reservation split a bill when the other person has given a deposit enter a payment in a bill that was an account receivable when we merged and this bill is total therefore the taxes are included. Can I add a restaurant revenue with the total amount as payment when I don't have the original charge ?

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your suggestions. We will bring them up to our programming team.

November 2015

Caroline from Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Quebec

November 2015

Best Hospitality Management Software

We work with Hotello for more than 5 years and as we tried other Hospitality Management Software before we can say that we really enjoy to work with Hotello. When we have a problem or question we can speak to someone easily. They care about helping us quickly and efficiently. We can always reach the same team and they know us and our needs.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied November 2015

Thank you for your great review. Our support team strives to offer an efficient and personalised service. We always take into account the type of establishment you are to provide you with the best solution.

July 2015

Vera from Venise sur le lac

easy to use

I have been using this software system for two years now and it is actually quite easy to use. It is easy to track customers, track their stays, create packages, take down notes or special needs that certain customers may have. The one thing that I have noticed about this program that is a con: sometimes, if you are revising a customer's folio, the dates of the stay can automatically change if you don't exit correctly.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your comments. This is a very curious situation and our technical support team will contact you shortly.

Sylvie from Hotel Continental

Easy, complete and fabulous

Hi like to work whit this software beacause it's make the work easyer and i can learn more and more every day about hotello . I like the news to !! It's a complete software and every hotels may have this software :)

Response from Mingus Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your great comments. We love writing the news to inform you about different trends, and we try to get the conversation started within your teams!

November 2014

Etienne from Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Drummondville

November 2014

Great product and services !

We work with Hotello for more than 5 years and we're very satisfied. They have a great and efficient team at technical support. The software provides many important features such as : yield management, hMarket view, banquet management and much more.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied November 2014

Thanks Etienne, we always appreciate working with positive hoteliers that are looking to be more profitable.

Amy from Champlain College

Great software!

I teach Hotello and I find the system user friendly and easy to use. I am currently replacing a colleague on maternity leave who was initially teaching the course. Although I had done my training in January I felt that my training was far and I was a bit concerned that all my newly acquired knowledge went into short-term memory. I was quickly reassured after getting back into the system and playing around with the information.

Olesya from Hotel Chez Swann

Easy,multifunctional.

I have never had arguments against using this programme. It is very easy in use, solves all the tasks of the hotel. The interface is nice and not complicated.I have experience using other softwares and I would rate Hotello as the best for now.

Marie from La Cache du Domaine

Hotello service

I made some on-line training. The information was very relevant and explained well. I occasionally have to have access in the service of support and the received assistant is very appreciated.

Gloria from Z Plaza Hotel

A Great Software!

I love working with Hotello, because it is easy to work with. There are a lot of functionality, therefore it makes the customer's experience even more remarkable with a better service.

Daniel G from Hotel Montfort Nicolet

July 2015

Love to work with the most information in one page

Love to work with the most information in one page Also the system remember clients infos for garantee or vip action OVERVIEW of all room category + avaiability+out of other room+Groups etc... Great Tools!

Marianne from Hotel St-Sauveur

Excellent...Always

We uses hotello since 2009 and, each year, we are happy to see that they continue to improve it, based on the user's comments.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

come in packages...

Mathias from Technische Universität Kaiserslautern

Industry: Research

Smart and powerful Property Management System

Pros

Cloud-bases property management system that brings smart tools for data acquisition and analysis. Great front-end and back-end, all user-friendly.

Cons

Not much negative to say about this software, maybe the graphics of the user interface deserve an update, but that's really a minor point.

Josee from Platinum Gestion Immobiliere

July 2015

I am very please with this software

I used the system since 2011, and I am very satisfied with the services, system, customer service, and everything else. Thank you in the Hotello Team for making my job so easy.

Jamil from Hotel Chez Swann

July 2015

Exceptionally user friendly, but could be better in allowing much more folio edits.

Pros: Nice interface design Folio management is practical and easy to get to.. Night Audit is very efficient and precise Report system is easy access Cons:System can be much faster There are some on going technical glitches with the system Does not allow user to edit or add notes to automatically booked reservations System should include different ways to get to access points Interfact is effiecent yet could look much sharper to the eye

July 2015

jesse from hotel motel continental

its amazing

I didnt have any experience with hotel software but with hotello it's like i was doing that all my life !! it's easy to use and the help section it's really complete !

Sylvie from Hotel Maison de la Madone

So much easier

Booking, confirmation, billing and invoice ... in a couple of clic ! Keeping tabs on who did what and when or why is easier than ever.

Angela from Manoir D`Youville

Sales Director

Hotello is user friendly and help is never far away when I need it! They are always updating Hotello to make it better! Great job.

Valerie from otel & Cie

Great product

I work h Hotello since 3 years. It's easy to work The interface is easy to understand. The customer support is always avalaible.

Cindy from Imperia Hôtel-suites

Friendly user

Friendly user, simple, fast and efficient customer service. Improvement: to be able to make changes when the check out is done, for individual and for groups.

Stephanie from Hôtel & Suites Le Dauphin Drummondville

July 2015

Good

Very usefull ! There is some issues sometimes like it laggs or if you copy an event, it doesn't copy all the détails. But, it's a very good program.

Shah Sakirul from Hotel Quartier des Spectacles

Overall performance is good.

It is strange that after charging the client's credit card it tells that the server is not good and money was not taken from the credit card.But later it shows that the amount is taken.

Response from Mingus Software

Replied March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are happy to read that you are enjoying Hotello. When you do have issues with credit cards or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact the support. Thank you again

Mario from GGF Productions inc

Les Chalets du Parc

It's a very useful tool and easy to understand. All data are preserved and many reports can be produced.

julie from auberge la camarine

excellent

hi...we have a very good services...it's easy of use . we are satisfied with the quality of the support