What are ResBook users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ResBook software through verified user reviews

• icon"We liked the old software. It was functional and easy to use."
  • icon"It is quick and easy to use, along with great support."
  • icon"It is user friendly, easy to navigate and upload to."
  • icon"It is awful on a mobile​ platform such an iPhone."
  • icon"This is very frustrating and embarrassing for me and the guest. There doesn't seem to be anywhere on Resbook where I can check whether I have sent an invoice to an agent."
  • icon"It cannot create some documents that are necessary in the daily running of our business. E. boat manifest, meal numbers and dietary requirements."

Browse all ResBook Reviews

• Have you used ResBook and would like to share your experience with others?

Fern

Resbook-so easy to use.

We never get a double booking with Resbook. The communication is brilliant and response time is great too.

Pros

Resbook has very easy functionality. I am not confident with computers, but this caters even to the least tech savvy people. If I do get stuck, the support team are always there to hep me through things, and give me helpful links for further support. I enjoyed the introductory 1 on 1 tutorial when I first started uing resbook. I feel very confident using this system because help is always just a phone call/email away. I never have to wait for support. I also love the templates used in Resbook. It saves me so much time. I love that the support is "locally" supplied, so I can easily explain when I need assistance.

Cons

I haven't used any other online reservation system so I have nothing to compare this to. However, Resbook is so easy I have recommended it to several others in hospitality industry workers.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Fern, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We also love working with you and look forward to a very long and healthy working relationship. Kind regards, The team at Tomahawk

Christine

No Direct Payment

Good. We have been with you for years and like how it works. we are happy with the overall experience. Just wish we could just more of the payment functions.

Pros

It is easy to use. Keeps me organised. Like that I can integrate with airbnb.

Cons

The price per month for Resbook has just increased however the functions we use remain the same. I feel I am getting less and being charged more. In Tonga we do not have Direct payment system with our banks. We also have limited paypal options. Though this is not the fault of Resbook, the features I pay for using Resbook cant be used by blue banana. Our Blue Banana business is a special case. When you live in Tonga, I'm afraid, you become a special case.

Response from Tomahawk

HI Christine, many thanks for your review and feedback. As you know we are limited by what your local banks offer with regard to payment options. I will have the team reach out to you to see if we can get more out of PayPal for you. We're also keen to see how we can optimise your subscription to minimise your costs and maximise your benefits. Thanks again for being a great ResBook supporter and we'll continue to work hard to ensure you are receiving value.

Alison

Resbook

My experience with ResBook has been average to good. I have found that when I have had a problem there seems to be a tendency to pass the problem on to another agency - eg it is Resonline's fault, Expedia's problem etc, and nobody wants to really help.

Pros

The calendar is generally good, but I wanted to change to the new calendar and I could not find where to do that. The financial reports are good

Cons

* When a guest books a room on Expedia, or Wotif or something like that and I want to put their credit card into Respay, the system often requires another verification for their card, despite the fact the card has already been verified by the other provider. This is very frustrating and embarrassing for me and the guest. * There doesn't seem to be anywhere on Resbook where I can check whether I have sent an invoice to an agent.

Response from Tomahawk

Hello Alison, Hopefully you've been able to activate the new calendar but if not the team will be happy to help you. I'll ask them to reach out. The issues with payments are often due to security enforced by the card issuers but again, we're happy to review how we can simplify this for you. Thanks for your ongoing support of ResBook.

Replied March 2019

Paulina

A streamlined business for the little man

I only see benefits. Of course there are costs involved, but Resbook delivers and gives me peace of mind. Even though this is a small place, just four rooms, it's run well and professionally. Saves time and especially in these busy summer months that is valuable.

Pros

It's easy to use, trustworthy and for someone like me, who runs this business on her own and who also has a busy family life, it's great to know I use the right tools, and can offer quality service to my guests. Past are the days of misunderstandings, double bookings. This system is streamlined as much as possible.

Cons

There hardly were any learning curves, but when we started there were a few hiccups. I expect those to happen from time to time, but also have the confidence that if there are issues, they'll be handled well and quickly. So what else can one expect?

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Paulina, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We truly appreciate it and hope our future developments assists in making ResBook even more easy for you to free up more time for your family and guests.

Charlotte

Great all-rounder

Great team to work with. Friendly, responsive and helpful. Always willing to help sort out issues.

Pros

Online access to software, can check bookings and guest details from anywhere Clear calendar grid Easy to get started Support in NZ in the same time zone as us.

Cons

Missing a few features that would help us including: A "dummy" line in the calendar so that we can easily move bookings around Having to put in individual rate plan entries by date. Would be easier to do it on a calendar - and copy across rates such as in Resonline or Siteminder. Lack of a standard registration form for check-in Handling Agent Commissions when there are 2 options - hotel collect and agent collect. Once set up for one type, doesn't seem to be flexibility for the other type. Lack of a fully integrated accounting package - and having to manually reconcile each payment in an accounting package

Response from Tomahawk

Many thanks for your review. We really appreciate your support. I'll ask the team to reach out to you as there may be confirguration options that will help with your Cons. Thanks again for being such a great ResBook customer

Tracey

Resbook for caravan parks

The experience overall is good. Have used better as described in cons.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to navigate and upload to.

Cons

Limited forward views in calendar default setting. Size of pics to limiting. Don't like the booking of rooms. When room type is selected you have to enter the room number before it shows availability. Need to see room type availability 1st so you know which room number you can select.

Reasons for choosing ResBook

unknown.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Tracey, many thanks for your feedback. We have some great new features rolling out in the next 1-2 weeks that will address a number of your concerns I believe. Keep an eye on the announcements within ResBook for updates.

Resbook review

This product and its introduction and support team have been awesome, thank you.

Pros

It is tailor made to the needs of a professional accommodation provider, and comes with competent and helpfull back up sopport.

Cons

No major concerns, we only had one issue that took some time to resolve, and that was getting the system to accommodate variable room rates for multiple stay bookings

Response from Tomahawk

Hi John, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship

Jason

It is OK

I will likely switch to another app however I am dreading switching over.

Pros

It links well with SiteMinder. The truth is there is not a whole lot that I like about it.

Cons

It is awful on a mobile​ platform such an iPhone.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to write a review for us. We have the first stage of a mobile app for ResBook launched in the market with the full comparability being released mid 2019 where you will be able to manage your reservations using this app. Thank you. Regards Tomahawk Team

Great Software

It's been 3 years I am working on Resbook. This is a well designed software for small capacity hotels / lodges. Great customer service and value for money.

Pros

Easy to use and to set up. Training for new staff members can be done on the basics in one day.

Cons

Missing a lot of reports for accounting and forecasting

Minnie

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Suits an accommodation business.

50/50 It has been ok but

Pros

Great, easy to read calender. Can't fault the support. Company makes ongoing positive changes to the system. It is probably a great system if you have an accommodation business. Easy to navigate the system.

Cons

It doesn't recognise day trips vs overnight stays. It is set up more for accommodation providers. It cannot create some documents that are necessary in the daily running of our business. i.e. boat manifest, meal numbers and dietary requirements. It does not have the capability to email tour specific information to guests/passengers.....you have to set up a generic email with all information and people have to work out which part pertains to the tour they have booked. Doesn't recognise a 2 night rate if it is less than double the 1 night rate. You can remove the 'check out date' from the confirmation email the guests receive.

Reasons for switching to ResBook

We needed something more than Seekom could offer at that time.

Nikki

Long term Resbook User

Benefits are having everything in one booking system and linked to my other booking sites. I have found the support people a bit difficult to deal with at times. They talk the lingo a bit much and need to talk at a suitable level for those of us who are techies :)

Pros

I like that all my bookings are in one place, I can access payments and keep everything together on one site

Cons

It doesn't seem very logical sometimes and it can be difficult to get abswers from the online 'Help'

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Nikki, Thanks for your review and for highlighting where we can improve. You'll be pleased to know that we're rolling out a new online help system this week so that it is easier to use and find the answers you are looking for. Please don't hesitate to let the team know when you are talking to them if they need to explain somethign more clearly. I appreciate we can get caught up in the "jargon" but we're always happy to slow down and explain if we're not clear. Thanks again for your great review and for being a ResBook user.

Kimberly

MUST HAVE FOR ANY ACCOMMODATION PROVIDER!

We run a very busy holiday accommodation business looking after 100 plus properties. We run more efficiently and professionally using Resbook. The team at Resbook are amazing and always available for support. I can not imagine managing our business without Resbook.

Pros

Very simple to view availability, enter bookings, filter by date/number of guests/location etc. You can prepare quotes across multiple properties, run several different types of reports from arrivals/departures to financial reports. Resbook offers channel management, connects with our Xero accounting software and credit card payment gateway. We could not run our business without this.

Cons

All good. :-). No complaints. This is a very well thought out cloud based reservations management system.

Response from Tomahawk

Thanks Kimberly, we really appreciate you ongoing support and feedback.

Trudy

Resbook

Pros

Under the V3 system of Resbook, everything worked very smoothly and successfully. It was a very efficient system and very easy to operate.

Cons

However, with my not being a technical wiz, all the added advantages of the new V12 system went way over my head, so with the additional massive increase in the annual subscription fee, I needed to look elsewhere for a more suitable management system.

Reasons for choosing ResBook

I took over this Homestay 6 years ago, and the previous owner had instigated the Resbook association.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Trudy, thanks for your feedback. The team here remain committed to seeing how we can help you maximise your revenue and grow your business. I'll ask one of our team to reach out so you can understand the improvements in V12 as we do believe these will save you money overall.

Denise

Need a great Channel Manager?

No double bookings!

Pros

We have been using Resbook for two and a half years and have to say it delivers all it promised! The most important feature is that it's reliable! Easy to use and reasonably intuitive. Good support when needed except it always happens to us at a weekend!

Cons

Think it's a bit pricey for small operators like us - 3 room B&B.

Response from Tomahawk

Many thanks for your review. The team will reach out to you and check you're on the correct version as you may be paying for more features than you need. Compared to other leading systems we're very price competitive, so we're keen to make sure you're getting maximum value for money.

Warren

Coast House Bed & Breakfast

Hopefully the channel manager overlap problems have been resolved. I would like to see immediate seven day a week 24 hour support from Tomahawk ( Resbook ) as is available with Booking.com and Airbnb so as to resolve issues that may occur during after hours and on weekends.

Pros

Simplicity of use. Overall excellent software in all facets of the channel manager

Cons

Channel Manager allowing two separate Airbnb reservations to overlap existing confirmed Booking.com reservations.

Response from Tomahawk

Hello Warren, many thanks for your review of ResBook. We continue to work with our Channel Management partners to improve the integrations and reduce to opportunity for double bookings, but these can be a side effect of multi-channel distribution. Thanks again for your support and we'll continue to work hard to improve our services.

William

Great customer service

Pros

Easy to setup and use for a small boutique hotel operation. Customer service is outstanding, especially our rep- very attentive to emails and timely with responses.

Cons

Lack of some reporting , would like some further booking data - ie being bale to run a report on when bookings were entered into the system.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi William, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently working on implementing more reporting functions. We will be in touch for some feedback. Regards The team at ResBook

Trude

Highly recommend

I use Tomahawk as my go to support system.

Pros

The ease of use and linking through to the crucial online booking systems world wide

Cons

I would like to see this more easily accessable to many more booking channel systems.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Trude, many thanks for your ongoing support. We'll be updating on more channel options next month so watch this space...

Ray

Support

Sorting out airbnb

Pros

The back up service is great. We have been working with Gabreila recently and found her quite amazing

Cons

top level of support is always there but sometimes difficult to get throughbut also have some that are

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Ray, We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship

Kate

Happy client

Rep has especially be fantastic to deal with from the start. Walking into this with no experience and completely unaware of what to expect, he has been patient and professional and tolerant. Thanks. It's appreciated and hope we don't cause you too many more headaches. Appreciate your commitment over the holidays too when you were also meant to be having a holiday.

Pros

The ability to see all bookings across multiple properties at the same time, requesting payments, manual payments and bookings and the history function against each booking so you can see what emails you've sent and what other actions have been made against the booking - great with multiple users

Cons

The time to link/ sync with booking platforms such has booking.com, but especially AirBnB.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It has been our pleasure working with you and we look forward to a long and healthy working relationship. Regards The team at ResBook

Alex

Review of Resbook V2 - An Older Version

Overall, we were happy with the functionality of Resbook, however there were a number of limitations we found frustrating around reporting capabilities. Important note is that we were using a very old version of Resbook, I believe there were two major upgrades available which we did not take up. So many of the issues we had with Resbook would likely have been ironed out with each upgrade. The support team was easily contactable and always helpful. We decided to move on as we operate both accommodation and tours and so need a custom system that could be tailored to suit a range of product needs.

Pros

Very clear calendar set-up that provided a quick glance way of confirming availability to guests on the phone.

Cons

The reporting function did not provide as much easily accessible information as we would have liked.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Alex, many thanks for all your support over the years and we wish you all the best for the future. Hopefully we can work together again in the future.

Gillian

Everything I need to do in one place.

It's extremely helpful to have a booking system that invoices directly to xero, and the customer support from Resbook has always been timely and useful.

Pros

Easy to plan with, and communicates with xero, which is a big plus.

Cons

The booking interface for guests - it's not pretty.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Gillian, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate it. We have taken your feedback on board regarding the interface not being pretty. Have you tried the new booking calendar. We will be in touch to show you this soon. Regards The Team at ResBook

JAMES

new user to resbook-impressed!

our forecasting is much more accurate and EOM reports can be turned out quickly.We are managing our channel manager more effectively

Pros

its easy to learn and seems quite logical to navigate

Cons

changing the date box could be easier, only minor though

Response from Tomahawk

Hi James, We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship. Thank you for your feedback regarding the date box. We will include this in our future feature requests.

Sandie

Great customer service

The team made it very easy to get started and to get linked with the channels we were using. Bent over backwards to get things sorted for us. Bookings are now coming in faster than they previously were now customers can instant book.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to find you way around the software

Cons

Still not able to integrate with HomeAway and it would be good if we could use it for houskeeping ie: highlight after 5 days bookings for mattress protection changes.

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Sandie, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate it and we love having you as a client. We are working on several new integrations at the moment so please keep an eye out on changes. Kind regards, The team at ResBook

Werner

Disaster solution

We used this software for about 12 years until they moved us over to the new software. From this time on the disaster started

Pros

We liked the old software. It was functional and easy to use.

Cons

About the new software we didn't like anything at all. It was a disaster from the very beginning and on top of this there was a price hike for about 300%. Customer support was non functional and if one responded it was just frustrating.

Sally

Coastal

Standard view on it.

Pros

Price, I like customer support, online booking system and ability to add services

Cons

Functions not being compatible with my business structure

Reasons for switching to ResBook

It was advised

Response from Tomahawk

Hi Sally, many thanks for your review. We'll ask the team to reach out so we understand what features don't suit your business so well. Thanks again for you ongoing support

ResBook