• Pros

• "Easy to plan with, and communicates with xero, which is a big plus."

• "It is user friendly, easy to navigate and upload to."

• "its easy to learn and seems quite logical to navigate"

• Cons

• "changing the date box could be easier, only minor though"

• "Lag time was sometimes an issue if too many users were on the program. This may have been less of a problem if the WIFI was better."

• "I would like to see this more easily accessable to many more booking channel systems. "

Browse ResBook Reviews

Fern from Manea on Muri

Resbook-so easy to use.

We never get a double booking with Resbook. The communication is brilliant and response time is great too.

Pros

Resbook has very easy functionality. I am not confident with computers, but this caters even to the least tech savvy people. If I do get stuck, the support team are always there to hep me through things, and give me helpful links for further support. I enjoyed the introductory 1 on 1 tutorial when I first started uing resbook. I feel very confident using this system because help is always just a phone call/email away. I never have to wait for support. I also love the templates used in Resbook. It saves me so much time. I love that the support is "locally" supplied, so I can easily explain when I need assistance.

Cons

I haven't used any other online reservation system so I have nothing to compare this to. However, Resbook is so easy I have recommended it to several others in hospitality industry workers.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi Fern, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We also love working with you and look forward to a very long and healthy working relationship. Kind regards, The team at Tomahawk

Charlotte from Property Management Queenstown Ltd

Great all-rounder

Great team to work with. Friendly, responsive and helpful. Always willing to help sort out issues.

Pros

Online access to software, can check bookings and guest details from anywhere Clear calendar grid Easy to get started Support in NZ in the same time zone as us.

Cons

Missing a few features that would help us including: A "dummy" line in the calendar so that we can easily move bookings around Having to put in individual rate plan entries by date. Would be easier to do it on a calendar - and copy across rates such as in Resonline or Siteminder. Lack of a standard registration form for check-in Handling Agent Commissions when there are 2 options - hotel collect and agent collect. Once set up for one type, doesn't seem to be flexibility for the other type. Lack of a fully integrated accounting package - and having to manually reconcile each payment in an accounting package

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Many thanks for your review. We really appreciate your support. I'll ask the team to reach out to you as there may be confirguration options that will help with your Cons. Thanks again for being such a great ResBook customer

Alison from Awatea Country Bed and Breakfast

Resbook

My experience with ResBook has been average to good. I have found that when I have had a problem there seems to be a tendency to pass the problem on to another agency - eg it is Resonline's fault, Expedia's problem etc, and nobody wants to really help.

Pros

The calendar is generally good, but I wanted to change to the new calendar and I could not find where to do that. The financial reports are good

Cons

* When a guest books a room on Expedia, or Wotif or something like that and I want to put their credit card into Respay, the system often requires another verification for their card, despite the fact the card has already been verified by the other provider. This is very frustrating and embarrassing for me and the guest. * There doesn't seem to be anywhere on Resbook where I can check whether I have sent an invoice to an agent.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied March 2019

Hello Alison, Hopefully you've been able to activate the new calendar but if not the team will be happy to help you. I'll ask them to reach out. The issues with payments are often due to security enforced by the card issuers but again, we're happy to review how we can simplify this for you. Thanks for your ongoing support of ResBook.

Trudy from Straw Lodge Homestay

Resbook

Pros

Under the V3 system of Resbook, everything worked very smoothly and successfully. It was a very efficient system and very easy to operate.

Cons

However, with my not being a technical wiz, all the added advantages of the new V12 system went way over my head, so with the additional massive increase in the annual subscription fee, I needed to look elsewhere for a more suitable management system.

Reasons for Choosing ResBook

I took over this Homestay 6 years ago, and the previous owner had instigated the Resbook association.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Trudy, thanks for your feedback. The team here remain committed to seeing how we can help you maximise your revenue and grow your business. I'll ask one of our team to reach out so you can understand the improvements in V12 as we do believe these will save you money overall.

Tracey from Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park

Resbook for caravan parks

The experience overall is good. Have used better as described in cons.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to navigate and upload to.

Cons

Limited forward views in calendar default setting. Size of pics to limiting. Don't like the booking of rooms. When room type is selected you have to enter the room number before it shows availability. Need to see room type availability 1st so you know which room number you can select.

Reasons for Choosing ResBook

unknown.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Tracey, many thanks for your feedback. We have some great new features rolling out in the next 1-2 weeks that will address a number of your concerns I believe. Keep an eye on the announcements within ResBook for updates.

John from Casa Aquila Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Resbook review

This product and its introduction and support team have been awesome, thank you.

Pros

It is tailor made to the needs of a professional accommodation provider, and comes with competent and helpfull back up sopport.

Cons

No major concerns, we only had one issue that took some time to resolve, and that was getting the system to accommodate variable room rates for multiple stay bookings

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi John, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship

Jason from River Birches

It is OK

I will likely switch to another app however I am dreading switching over.

Pros

It links well with SiteMinder. The truth is there is not a whole lot that I like about it.

Cons

It is awful on a mobile​ platform such an iPhone.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to write a review for us. We have the first stage of a mobile app for ResBook launched in the market with the full comparability being released mid 2019 where you will be able to manage your reservations using this app. Thank you. Regards Tomahawk Team

Trude from Bethells Beach Cottages

Highly recommend

I use Tomahawk as my go to support system.

Pros

The ease of use and linking through to the crucial online booking systems world wide

Cons

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Trude, many thanks for your ongoing support. We'll be updating on more channel options next month so watch this space...

Great Software

It's been 3 years I am working on Resbook. This is a well designed software for small capacity hotels / lodges. Great customer service and value for money.

Pros

Easy to use and to set up. Training for new staff members can be done on the basics in one day.

Cons

Missing a lot of reports for accounting and forecasting

Minnie from Kapiti Island Nature Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Suits an accommodation business.

50/50 It has been ok but

Pros

Great, easy to read calender. Can't fault the support. Company makes ongoing positive changes to the system. It is probably a great system if you have an accommodation business. Easy to navigate the system.

Cons

It doesn't recognise day trips vs overnight stays. It is set up more for accommodation providers. It cannot create some documents that are necessary in the daily running of our business. i.e. boat manifest, meal numbers and dietary requirements. It does not have the capability to email tour specific information to guests/passengers.....you have to set up a generic email with all information and people have to work out which part pertains to the tour they have booked. Doesn't recognise a 2 night rate if it is less than double the 1 night rate. You can remove the 'check out date' from the confirmation email the guests receive.

Christine from blue banana beach House

No Direct Payment

Good. We have been with you for years and like how it works. we are happy with the overall experience. Just wish we could just more of the payment functions.

Pros

It is easy to use. Keeps me organised. Like that I can integrate with airbnb.

Cons

The price per month for Resbook has just increased however the functions we use remain the same. I feel I am getting less and being charged more. In Tonga we do not have Direct payment system with our banks. We also have limited paypal options. Though this is not the fault of Resbook, the features I pay for using Resbook cant be used by blue banana. Our Blue Banana business is a special case. When you live in Tonga, I'm afraid, you become a special case.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

HI Christine, many thanks for your review and feedback. As you know we are limited by what your local banks offer with regard to payment options. I will have the team reach out to you to see if we can get more out of PayPal for you. We're also keen to see how we can optimise your subscription to minimise your costs and maximise your benefits. Thanks again for being a great ResBook supporter and we'll continue to work hard to ensure you are receiving value.

Paulina from Joya Garden & Villa Studios

A streamlined business for the little man

I only see benefits. Of course there are costs involved, but Resbook delivers and gives me peace of mind. Even though this is a small place, just four rooms, it's run well and professionally. Saves time and especially in these busy summer months that is valuable.

Pros

It's easy to use, trustworthy and for someone like me, who runs this business on her own and who also has a busy family life, it's great to know I use the right tools, and can offer quality service to my guests. Past are the days of misunderstandings, double bookings. This system is streamlined as much as possible.

Cons

There hardly were any learning curves, but when we started there were a few hiccups. I expect those to happen from time to time, but also have the confidence that if there are issues, they'll be handled well and quickly. So what else can one expect?

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi Paulina, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We truly appreciate it and hope our future developments assists in making ResBook even more easy for you to free up more time for your family and guests.

Nikki from Kitenga Luxury B&B

Long term Resbook User

Benefits are having everything in one booking system and linked to my other booking sites. I have found the support people a bit difficult to deal with at times. They talk the lingo a bit much and need to talk at a suitable level for those of us who are techies :)

Pros

I like that all my bookings are in one place, I can access payments and keep everything together on one site

Cons

It doesn't seem very logical sometimes and it can be difficult to get abswers from the online 'Help'

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi Nikki, Thanks for your review and for highlighting where we can improve. You'll be pleased to know that we're rolling out a new online help system this week so that it is easier to use and find the answers you are looking for. Please don't hesitate to let the team know when you are talking to them if they need to explain somethign more clearly. I appreciate we can get caught up in the "jargon" but we're always happy to slow down and explain if we're not clear. Thanks again for your great review and for being a ResBook user.

Kimberly from Stay Waiheke

MUST HAVE FOR ANY ACCOMMODATION PROVIDER!

We run a very busy holiday accommodation business looking after 100 plus properties. We run more efficiently and professionally using Resbook. The team at Resbook are amazing and always available for support. I can not imagine managing our business without Resbook.

Pros

Very simple to view availability, enter bookings, filter by date/number of guests/location etc. You can prepare quotes across multiple properties, run several different types of reports from arrivals/departures to financial reports. Resbook offers channel management, connects with our Xero accounting software and credit card payment gateway. We could not run our business without this.

Cons

All good. :-). No complaints. This is a very well thought out cloud based reservations management system.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Thanks Kimberly, we really appreciate you ongoing support and feedback.

Denise from ArtHouse B&B

Need a great Channel Manager?

No double bookings!

Pros

We have been using Resbook for two and a half years and have to say it delivers all it promised! The most important feature is that it's reliable! Easy to use and reasonably intuitive. Good support when needed except it always happens to us at a weekend!

Cons

Think it's a bit pricey for small operators like us - 3 room B&B.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Many thanks for your review. The team will reach out to you and check you're on the correct version as you may be paying for more features than you need. Compared to other leading systems we're very price competitive, so we're keen to make sure you're getting maximum value for money.

Warren from Coast House Bed & Breakfast

Coast House Bed & Breakfast

Hopefully the channel manager overlap problems have been resolved. I would like to see immediate seven day a week 24 hour support from Tomahawk ( Resbook ) as is available with Booking.com and Airbnb so as to resolve issues that may occur during after hours and on weekends.

Pros

Simplicity of use. Overall excellent software in all facets of the channel manager

Cons

Channel Manager allowing two separate Airbnb reservations to overlap existing confirmed Booking.com reservations.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hello Warren, many thanks for your review of ResBook. We continue to work with our Channel Management partners to improve the integrations and reduce to opportunity for double bookings, but these can be a side effect of multi-channel distribution. Thanks again for your support and we'll continue to work hard to improve our services.

William from The Lindis

Great customer service

Pros

Easy to setup and use for a small boutique hotel operation. Customer service is outstanding, especially our rep- very attentive to emails and timely with responses.

Cons

Lack of some reporting , would like some further booking data - ie being bale to run a report on when bookings were entered into the system.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi William, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently working on implementing more reporting functions. We will be in touch for some feedback. Regards The team at ResBook

Ray from Birchwood Cottages

Support

Sorting out airbnb

Pros

The back up service is great. We have been working with Gabreila recently and found her quite amazing

Cons

top level of support is always there but sometimes difficult to get throughbut also have some that are

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi Ray, We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship

Kate from Book Geraldine

Happy client

Rep has especially be fantastic to deal with from the start. Walking into this with no experience and completely unaware of what to expect, he has been patient and professional and tolerant. Thanks. It's appreciated and hope we don't cause you too many more headaches. Appreciate your commitment over the holidays too when you were also meant to be having a holiday.

Pros

The ability to see all bookings across multiple properties at the same time, requesting payments, manual payments and bookings and the history function against each booking so you can see what emails you've sent and what other actions have been made against the booking - great with multiple users

Cons

The time to link/ sync with booking platforms such has booking.com, but especially AirBnB.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It has been our pleasure working with you and we look forward to a long and healthy working relationship. Regards The team at ResBook

Gillian from Magic Reef

Everything I need to do in one place.

It's extremely helpful to have a booking system that invoices directly to xero, and the customer support from Resbook has always been timely and useful.

Pros

Easy to plan with, and communicates with xero, which is a big plus.

Cons

The booking interface for guests - it's not pretty.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi Gillian, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate it. We have taken your feedback on board regarding the interface not being pretty. Have you tried the new booking calendar. We will be in touch to show you this soon. Regards The Team at ResBook

Alex from Wild Bush Luxury

Review of Resbook V2 - An Older Version

Overall, we were happy with the functionality of Resbook, however there were a number of limitations we found frustrating around reporting capabilities. Important note is that we were using a very old version of Resbook, I believe there were two major upgrades available which we did not take up. So many of the issues we had with Resbook would likely have been ironed out with each upgrade. The support team was easily contactable and always helpful. We decided to move on as we operate both accommodation and tours and so need a custom system that could be tailored to suit a range of product needs.

Pros

Very clear calendar set-up that provided a quick glance way of confirming availability to guests on the phone.

Cons

The reporting function did not provide as much easily accessible information as we would have liked.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Alex, many thanks for all your support over the years and we wish you all the best for the future. Hopefully we can work together again in the future.

JAMES from HAMURANA LODGE

new user to resbook-impressed!

our forecasting is much more accurate and EOM reports can be turned out quickly.We are managing our channel manager more effectively

Pros

its easy to learn and seems quite logical to navigate

Cons

changing the date box could be easier, only minor though

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Hi James, We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having a healthy on-going relationship. Thank you for your feedback regarding the date box. We will include this in our future feature requests.

Sandie from Shy Cottage

Great customer service

The team made it very easy to get started and to get linked with the channels we were using. Bent over backwards to get things sorted for us. Bookings are now coming in faster than they previously were now customers can instant book.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to find you way around the software

Cons

Still not able to integrate with HomeAway and it would be good if we could use it for houskeeping ie: highlight after 5 days bookings for mattress protection changes.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi Sandie, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate it and we love having you as a client. We are working on several new integrations at the moment so please keep an eye out on changes. Kind regards, The team at ResBook

Werner from The Peppertree

Disaster solution

We used this software for about 12 years until they moved us over to the new software. From this time on the disaster started

Pros

We liked the old software. It was functional and easy to use.

Cons

About the new software we didn't like anything at all. It was a disaster from the very beginning and on top of this there was a price hike for about 300%. Customer support was non functional and if one responded it was just frustrating.

Sally from Coastal Holiday Homes

Coastal

Standard view on it.

Pros

Price, I like customer support, online booking system and ability to add services

Cons

Functions not being compatible with my business structure

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Sally, many thanks for your review. We'll ask the team to reach out so we understand what features don't suit your business so well. Thanks again for you ongoing support

Louis from Oxford Court Motel

#1 System & Support

Being one of their early customer and using their software for a few years now we have never found a fault with both their software and their customer service and ability to go above and beyond to please their clients. The easy of ability to use their system to maximize your property's earnings and with direct access to Resonline channel manager all in one there is no need to look anywhere else for your property needs. With the launch of Resbook v12 over the past few months it has even further proven that they are the ones to choose. Newer modulus, faster tracking, direct quoting and housekeeping functions, all come together to make Resbook V12 a great piece of software led by a number 1 team of dedicated support staff ready to assist at the drop of coin, what else could you ask for.

Kate from Auckland Property Management Ltd

Easy to use and can be better

Good but a lot of room can be improved, such as source report.

Pros

Process credit card payment is very fast and easy. Service item can be added on easily

Cons

No accounting function inside the software

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2019

Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback and over the next coming months we will be looking for more feedback from our users, so we may be in touch. Kinds regards, The team at ResBook

Maggie from Northlanding ltd

ayes to access, be good to adjust settings for my preference

not too complicated, good clear text, good data extraction possinilities

Pros

at a glance, its easy to access. You can 'drive' the system easily. lots of great aspects to extract relative information ie date ranges, night stay, export data.

Cons

lots of clicks to take me to some places, I'd like to set a preferred dashboard for things I use most frequently (can I do this?)

May 2016

conrad from Pirate Haus Inn

May 2016

Good choice if you're in Australia/Asia

Pros: Price, a la carte functionality, integration with siteminder and resonline channel managers (unable to test it personally though), Great network setup with a distributed cloud hosting contractor so update times are quick. Cons: Not meant for the US. As of 2016, they only have one client, Belvederefireisland.com in the United States. Their sales/support team are just starting at 5PM Eastern time (9AM auckland, NZ time), when many of us have gone home for the day. There is a 14 day trial program which sucks if you are in the US because there is a 3 day turnaround time to get questions answered. There is no meaningful trial/demo program besides 3 videos with incomplete information. The rate calendar function is clunky and time consuming, and weekend rates have to be added separately for each rate period, normal or seasonal, as a 'Special'. For an ideal rate setup, check out Little Hotelier.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied May 2016

HI Conrad, Many thanks for your review. We agree that customer support for our US customers needs to be quicker. Thus we are opening our US office on 01 June 2016 (New Orleans based). Weekend rates are easy to add - sorry we didn't get that article right in our support. Happy to have a team member call to discuss further!

De from Hampton Downs Ltd

Useful booking software

Pros

Customer interactive - record keeping, report availability

Cons

when it goes down and unable to access information on accommodation

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Many thanks for your review and your support of ResBook. I'm not aware of us having experienced any outages in recent time so I'll ask the team to make contact and confirm all is OK.

Claudia from Hidden Lodge Queenstown

Pros

the layout is nice and quick to understand, the connectivity to Siteminder

Cons

not very user friendly for what a hotel business needs it for. Many little hiccups and features that aren't up to today's standards

Response from Tomahawk

Replied February 2019

Many thanks for your review and for letting us know where we can improve. Our team will be in touch to learn more about where we can improve.

October 2015

ken from crescent motel

October 2015

extremly poor , this system has many problems even to the point where customer service is nill !

This system has booking issues in all areas , firstly it will not keep a data base of your customers so the next time you customer books you have to enter all details again , everytime we were booked out it would overbook rooms , i would have to go into my channel manager to close rooms , check emails every hour then go to the booking channels themselves and check this system has cost me relocation costs with no remorse from RESBOOK ! you would call with nil responce , you would email with little responce , ease of use i would say poor customer service very poor ..... i have put up with this system for 11 months and i am about to change to another system hotelogix call me anytime on 0265525244 for further info !

Response from Tomahawk

Replied January 2016

Hi Ken, Sorry you were so unhappy when you started with ResBook. We hope now that you have been using the system for a couple of months it has been a benefit to your motel. If we can do anything more to help improve your Resbook experience please let us know!

Thomas from NFL Experience Times Square

Used this program while working at a University and overseeing the front desk program for students

Pros

I was a fan of the uploading capabilities when groups were sending us the rooming lists we had to manage for groups utilizing the dorms during the summer hours. I led a team of about 20 people so being able to log in to resbook and look over who last made changes etc and and notes that were made was helpful

Kate from Lime Tree Lodge

User friendly software

I have found this software to be user friendly, making it and easy to use reservation system. We have had a few issues surrounding two of the channels. The support from the support team has been excellent, especially Marie - good follow up, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Paulette from Stonehaven Homestay

March 2016

We have been using this system since its beginning and still are - speaks for itself!!

Straightforward and easy to use. Many useful extras. Help desk really great which is so important for those like us who are not too clever with computers! Response times excellent. Friendly helpful staff.

Shane from Vintners Retreat

Simple to use

Pros

It is quick and easy to use, along with great support.

Cons

No reservations, it worked well, it gets the job done.

Response from Tomahawk

Replied August 2019

Hi Shane, many thanks for your review. The team here remain committed to helping you grow your business and maximise revenue so please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help