ReservationKey Software Reviews

ReservationKey Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2018

Find out more:

• icon"Integrates well with website. Multiple useful applications."
  • icon"Flexibility, amazing support for questions, ease of use, email templates (with tracking capabilities), access on my computer and iPad."
  • icon"Thank you for creating this great Reservation Manager for us Reservation Key."
  • icon"I miss the feature in which you used to hover the mouse over a name and it would show the balance due."
  • icon"Anything that was a problem for me, they helped. There is also a forum where other users can assist each other."
  • icon"Still a few odd quirks with the software, in my opinion."

Browse all ReservationKey Reviews

• Have you used ReservationKey and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

Reservation Key is Invaluable to my Business

I started a small hotel 7 years ago with never having been in the business and no idea where to start with a reservation system. Another hotel recommended Reservation Key and I am glad I followed their advice. From the beginning, it was very easy to set up and learn. Also, they continue to refine and add features. I am also amazed how fast and thorough the support is. The system is very easy to use but it also has LOTS of functions that I can sometimes forget. No question is too small for an answer, and it is easy to search on their support site for most answers. I do not hesitate at all to recommend Reservation Key to others.

Pros

Cons

There really is nothing I am unhappy with.

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you for your very nice and supportive comments!

Pelin

Great automation for multiple online room reservation channels

RezervationKey is making a great job for us by unifying the management of all sales channels at one place, that would be pretty good if they were adding local sales channels day by day and helps us to expand our marketing channels with more local online channels that are specific to each country.

Pros

ReservationKey is compatible with website builders such as Wix and Squarespace -which is a great aspect from my view point- so that enables to create commision-free sales channels as well as unifying all online booking platforms that we are present in one single and lean management panel where we can update anything such as availability, change features, add new room types etc and ReservationKey reflects any update to all booking channels that we are integrated to.

Cons

Although ReservationKey is great in covering the global reservation platforms it is weak to have integrations to the online booking platforms that are specific to each country. It would be the most powerful solution for us if it was helping us increasing our sales in local markets through local sales channels.

Reasons for choosing ReservationKey

RezervationKey's wix and squarespace integrations was the key factor in our decision.

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

Management panel of RezervationKey was easier to work in for our staff.

Burney

ReservationKey is a good value

ReservationKey has worked well, and has been improving over the years that we have been using it. Customer service has been good when issues have come up.

Pros

The platform is flexible, with the ability to make many different reservation pages. It also works well with MyAllocator and iCal calendars for interfacing with outside platforms.

Cons

1) Guest addresses are all in one text field...organizing marketing efforts to previous guests by zip code is problematic. 2) Only one alternate rate plan can be used in a reservation page...it would be helpful to have more available to apply to various marketing sources.

Response from ReservationKey

It actually is possible to split the address field into multiple fields. This is an option under the Settings tab, Account Preferences. Thank you for using the system and for your review.

Daryl Ann

I love Reservation Key!

I love knowing that the online interface is up to date. I love being able to check just who canceled. I love that it saves everything even when I forget. I love that it connects to channel managers and Square. Did I mention that I love Reservation Key?

Pros

First, this software is easy enough that an old Great Granny like me can do it. That in itself is a huge plus. Admittedly, it gives me an opportunity to learn and grow (senior brain plasticity is a good thing)! However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his staff are ALWAYS timely in answering questions. The Forum provides quick answers from Customer Support and gives suggestions in one spot. The Forum is one of my favorite places to head when I have trouble. The videos also show just how to set things up. On a very personal level, I know that team lead developed this software and has remained at the helm of the business. Dealing with the owner directly is a huge plus. I feel like a well-loved family member rather than a business customer. What incredible customer service! I also love the housekeeping reports. Those keep us clean and take the confusion out of running multiple reservations. This year we added RV Sites and Hunting to our facility. Customer Support help was timely and generous. We've used Reservation Key for at least 10 years if my (admittedly elderly) brain serves me correctly. I would not think of changing! Thank you, Reservation Key, for being part of our lives and business!

Cons

This software goes above and beyond my expectations. So grateful!

Reasons for choosing ReservationKey

Price, flexibility and mainly customer support.

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

I needed something that had more functionality. Boy, I hit a gold mine!

Ron

Best Bang for your Buck

We have been using ReservationKey for 8 years now and would give it an overall rating of 9.8 We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.

Pros

Easy to initially set up Simple to use and menus make sense for the most part Lots of capability for the money Very cost effective when compared to other products/services Integrates well and simply into our web site Integrates with Tripadvisor so you don't need to use an OTA Support is responsive when an issue has popped up RK is constantly working on improvements and upgrades

Cons

There are a few reports which could be added or improved The gift certificate function could be updated and provide more ability to customize

Reasons for choosing ReservationKey

The cost vs the capability caused us to try it out and we have not looked back. We have recommended it to several other properties as well.

Margo

Great product

Have been using since 2014 and not planning to change any time soon. I was able to set it all up with a minimal help. Support is great. Even though I am in different time zone it never takes long to get the help. Thank you, it makes my life easier.

Pros

Once set up the system is easy to use and update the info as needed.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about it.

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

This system came recommended by other innkeepers and it lives to its reputation.

Charla

So glad we signed on

I can truly say that our company growth was due, in large part, to implementing Reservation Key. I was originally a "One Woman Show" trying to keep on top of reservations, Guest Emails, Payments, Website Updates, etc. We adopted RK when we had 3 units. Today, our company has 22 units, and several staff members. Having access to this technology at such an easy Monthly Price and Easy Learning Curve meant that I could scale the business, and have more free time (and less frustration). Without RK, I would have easily been burnout once I hit 5 properties, and we would have never had the opportunity to provide employment to so many great people. I speak at Industry Events and "Have you considered ReservationKey?" seems to be a frequent piece of advice that I am giving attendees as they explain their personal frustration with choosing between Reservation Spreadsheets or Over-Priced Software. I know ... it sounds like too glowing of a review. I've used the ReservationKey since 2009. When any company over-delivers by as much as ReservationKey as over-delivered, it shouldn't be surprising that they have overly happy users willing to write long-winded online reviews. But if you don't believe that I am a real person, and a real user, just track us down on Google. Our Company is "Rockies Rentals". We are based in Canmore Alberta Canada. My name is Charla.

Pros

Great Customer Service -- really responsive, and personable. The Built In Website, and Payments. Auto Scheduled Emails. No Contracts; No Set Up Fees. A great price -- well worth the fee even just for someone with one unit, or a small inn. Ease of use. Having Multiple Users. The Mobile Version -- I have easily been taking reservations from a hammock at the beach just on my Smart Phone.

Cons

Because the software is made for a myriad of Hospitality Services Providers (Hotels, Campgrounds, BnBs, Vacation Rentals), it's hard to provide the right thing to a diverse group of users. That being said, the User Forum was amazing! If we encountered a quirk that worked well for a Hotel User, but not-quite-right for our needs, there would always be another helpful User who knew how to accomplish what we needed with just a few little User Tweaks. The entire User Forum was full of happy, generous users who were keen to share their ideas and help others.

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

I made the switch because spreadsheets are archaic. Plain and Simple.

Reinhold

many years of great experience

In our experience the integration with MyAllocator was one of the biggest achievements that the company did and it happened just in time for us, when it became unfortunately necessary to join OTA to keep bookings strong. The customer service of this company is simply outstanding. Whenever you have question, they get resolved via the "forum" , which seems to be a great way to communicate. In our memory we never needed a problem solved over the phone.

Pros

We are using Reservation Key since 2012 and chose it because at this time it was one of the most affordable softwares around and easy ti use. The integration into our website and customizable look made it an outstanding choice. Of course the customer service was ready to help setting things up to our liking. Never once did we feel we made a wrong choice. The software definitely has all the features you might be looking and we must admit that we don't even take advantage of things that are there to run a successful business.

Cons

For us cons don't exist. Only this question seems to be a con since it is looking for more words.

Richard

July 2022

Affordable and easy to use solution

Thank you both for providing such excellent customer service! The ReservationKey program was the perfect solution for managing and booking reservations at our small 20-room motel. Being able to keep an on eye on financials and daily bookings from wherever I could get an Internet connection was a game changer for me personally. Again, thank you, thank you!!

Pros

Ease of use by inexperienced employees, Cloud based, income/expense/ tax reporting, outstanding customer service!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this product.

Reasons for choosing ReservationKey

Price, ease of use, good reviews, responsive sales support

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

not cloud based and no longer supported

Scott

The best of all I have used

We have run 2 Inns with a total of 20 rooms for around 18 years. Reservation Key was my 4th software program that I had used and I started using it around six or seven years ago. Hands down, it is the best. I have recommended it to several other Inns in our area B&B society and they are all glad they made the switch.

Pros

Taking reservations on my cell phone while in a grocery store is nice. There is nothing else I need it to do. I set it years ago and it works great.

Cons

I am not having any problems with the software at all.

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you for the nice review! We are glad to have been able to work with you over the years to help with refining and developing the software.

Pamela

Great partner for our business

We are a small, family-owned, unique property with a loyal clientele. I spent several years searching for reservation software. Nothing was a good match for us. We found ReservationKey through a guest whose daughter was an innkeeper. We have a loyal customer since 2012.

Pros

As a former technology teacher, I appreciate representatives expertise with all the complexities when dealing with software and how to integrate with so many moving parts. He and his team are very customer friendly and responsive. representative is always open to new ideas and works hard to keep improving his software to meet customer’s needs and changes in the market. ReservationKey is very customizable. It is easy to make large or small tweaks to one’s reservation page or pricing without having to pay a programmer. While this may seem like a little thing, one of our needs was the ability to mark a reservation as ‘Do Not Move.’ Our loyal customers request their favorite units and trust that we will not disappoint. This need confused other software vendors, while ReservationKey had an easy-to-use solution. I see representative working out similar solutions for other businesses’ unique needs. ReservationKey has many add-ons. The list of reports is extensive and are extremely helpful when making business decisions. I find the User’s Forum useful, not only for the software but also for new business ideas. The software is easy to use and offers many built-in training tools for new staff. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to try to run our business without ReservationKey.

Cons

Not many. I struggle with some of the overall financial reports and find it easier to build what I need in Excel. However, that may be more a function of how I work rather than a problem with ReservationKey.

Marc

Great reservations system, integrates well with your web site, excellent features, highly recommend!

We have enjoyed full integration with our own web pages such that you don't even realize that you are using RK's booking engine. It was fairly easy (if you know some HTML/CSS) to integrate and RK's support is fast and thorough, thanks to customer support staff. RK is fast and reliable for our needs and works well with our desktop computers, Android/Apple phones and tablets while on the road. The grid shows inventory status nicely with out clutter. Very configurable for colors, column sized and titles. This is the screen you work with almost almost all of the time, so it need to be what you want to see and allow you go make important elements obvious with color and fonts, etc. RK does it all! Highly recommended!

Pros

Many pages of reports and settings, very configurable to our needs. Short learning curve to get going. Links are provided on many pages which can be sent to people or staff to load a selected report or page. Plenty of CSS configurations are available as well as "custom text" for things that appear on RK's pages. Lots of photos of your rooms and description space. Can be configured for rooms and RV/Tent sites as we have here.

Cons

Not many, we have used this system for 6 or 7 years and once set up it is a daily part of our routines. I think there is still a small issue on bill totals, it doesn't agree with our cash register, off by pennies. Couldn't adjust for first nights deposit to consider multi-night discounts on that amount, so we still have to hand calculate the 1st night deposit for longer stays.

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you for the great review! Yes, we have worked hard to make things as configurable as possible, while keeping the interface clean and simple. We are glad to hear you are enjoying those features. We will take a look at the report issue you've noted and will see if we can correct that.

Replied October 2018

Unless you are a chain hotel, there is no reason to use anything else.

Pretty much flawless.....We've been using this system for about a decade now....I think it's gone down a total of 4 times during that decade (that's definitely over 99.99% uptime). Any downtime is minimal (usually a few minutes,) and things come back up with minimal hiccoughs. Honestly...this software...it's perfect for small-medium businesses.

Pros

Simple, intuitive, easy to use. I love every view, and the flexibility of adding custom fields. Exporting customer data and payment data, through csv is a god send. The price is amazing for what you get...and the support is fast and reliable. I have used many different PMSs in my career, for both large chain, and small boutique hotels.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have different custom fields based on the type of customer (Transient, group, business traveler, or a monthly tenant.) Rather than the same fields for every reservation. I wish the payment details report could also show taxes and levies (if any) paid for each line item. The expense reports need a bit of work...but they are INCREDIBLY helpful for smaller business who do not have their own accounting system. I love the expense by vendor page for sorting out Booking.com/expedia commissions (and I love how it automatically calculates those commissions through our connection through myallocator.) However, the dates of those reported commissions are listed when the reservation is created....not when the reservation actually checks out (which is when the commission is actually charged.) This makes extrapolating, or verifying commisions from monthly commission bills (from OTAs,) more difficult.

Roberty

Best Bang for the Buck

Overall the system is very stable with only very seldom outages and when that happens, it's usually fixed within minutes. It is an online system and it gives access from anywhere in the world to make, change or cancel reservations and it's always up to date! We are very happy with this solution.

Pros

We are using this system since 2012 and it's a perfect and very affordable solution for small motels like ours. We would highly recommend this system to anyone in this segment of business as we have brought several new customers to ReservationKey in the past.

Cons

Are there features that we would like to see? Sure, there is always something missing but overall for the price, this system is perfect. I have not seen anything in this price range that can do what ReservationKey does. Our only request as a feature would be, that rooms can be individually set up with minimum nights stays or different prices without using the Adjustment Rate feature. This would be helpful when there are rooms requiring two nights and some do not because two nights can not be offered.

Reasons for switching to ReservationKey

Webervation 2.0 was officially never launched and eventually discontinued. We were forced to find a new solution and luckily, we met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team with this great solution.

Sheri

Love their Free Trial and the product they offer!

Very positive experience so far! I look forward to working with this tool more!

Pros

I love the 30 day Free Trial they offer. The product is really easy to use and the free trial allows you to decide if you like the product and if it meets the needs of your lodging business. I found that I really like the ease of use. I've used other reservation software programs and have found that often times you aren't able to see all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. What I like about Reservation Key is that I can see at a glance the daily rate, the minimum stay and any promotions that I may have incorporated. With other products I've found that I have to drill down and open up several windows to be able to see all of this information. Not so with Reservation Key. I also like how quickly information about daily rates and minimums can be copies over to in the individual rate plans that you set up. I'm still learning Reservation Key but am extremely happy with what I've seen so far. The customer service is great! If you have a question and cannot reach someone via phone they return your call very quickly and respond to emails. Lastly I like the guest user end look. Availability is attractively displayed when a guest is searching for availability. The page is displayed well and is easy for a guest to use to quickly make a booking. There are also many features included in this product and at a very fair price. I like the email templates that are included and the flexibility of being able to change them or to create your own and schedule the emails automatically.

Cons

I would like to see more ready made templates for the availability display that a guest does see. Reservation Key offers a few limited ready made options, that said...they do offer to customize the look of that page for a reasonable fee. Well worth it if you would like the user end of the system to match the look and feel of your website.

Natalie

Lodging software

Experience is mostly positive. Just some issues when I cannot figure out how to add or change something. As stated above would like a live chat or phone assistance.

Pros

Very reasonable price for a small lodging facility. Never have problems overbooking. Easy to input reservations for our end and the customers end.

Cons

Sometime I have problems adding features on our end. Not able to talk to someone about this. I can send a message but they want you to check their list of problems/concerns that another user had to see how it was solved. This can be frustrating it would be easier to have a live chat or talk to someone for problems

recommended by another B&B owner