Browse RoverPass Reviews

Suzanne from Choteau Mountain View RV Campground

Great Way to Run Our Two RV Parks

Pros

Roverpass made our calendar much more efficient without the fear of double booking. It is easy to use and implement into our two parks. Instant booking has been great for our customers. We currently do it at no extra expense to the customers and we absorb the fees. There are always upgrades and the staff has always been there for me when I've had difficulties. Also another perk is that when I see an issue that affects us, Roverpass has found fixes and has gotten back to us immediately. With the Covid-19, and ensuing chaos and cancellations I have had the best customer experience with Karla and many others trying to figure things out. I felt really taken care of during a difficult time. Since we have two parks now, one we are running directly and one by work campers, I can access both easily if there are problems or questions. New features are being introduced frequently, and they have all been bonuses for us, including being able to charge customers for wood and other items.

Cons

I did give 4 stars for functionality, because this is a work in progress. There are a few snags that are easily worked around, that I know a few fixes will make use easier. For instance, if you go to a future date and do something, the computer will automatically go back to the current date. For tracking financials, it is great for credit card use, but when we get cash, it has been difficult. I know these are things are what Rover Pass is working on and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Tammy from The Hemlocks RV and Lodging

Impressed!

The biggest benefit of using RoverPass is almost eliminating phone calls for RV reservations. This has freed up a lot of time for my staff and me.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to look at it quickly and get all the information I need to book a reservation or reject it. I have had guests tell me it was very simple to fill out the information to book a room or an RV site.

Cons

There are two things that I believe could be improved upon with this software. First, I would like to be able to integrate it with Booking.com and Airbnb, then tie it into my own booking calendar. Second, I have had several guests have to cancel and are very upset when the fees are not refunded....all they tend to see is "full refund if cancelled".... with in however many days. If there was a way to emphasize the fees would not be refunded it would make life a bit easier:)

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Tammy. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. At this time, we are not able to integrate with other services- however, we do have a new Reservation Management System we'd be happy to share with you! This allows you to keep track of all your reservations in one place and view your availability in realtime. And, as always, it's free! Please reach out to us, and we would be happy to provide you with more information. We do our best to make our cancellation as clear as possible throughout the reservation request process, but we do understand that sometimes there is a little confusion. I will pass along your feedback to see if we can come up with something that makes our policy a little more clear. I appreciate you taking this time to provide your feedback, and appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you have had. Thanks!

ALI from BEST PRICE AUTO SALVAGE

RoverPass has been so helpful with our travels this summer!

RoverPass has been very helpful to find and book RV sites for us during our travels.

Pros

I randomly found RoverPass and it's made out summer travels so much easier. Setting out on a summer long journey across the US with the family takes a lot of planning but RoverPass has at least made finding and book RV sites for us much easier.

Cons

I wish more campgrounds and RV parks were on RoverPass. I really liked using for the RV parks that were on there.

Marcy from City of Scottville/Riverside Pakr

Unsatisfactory

The only problem we solved was going from a non-online reservation system to one on-line, however it was very problematic

Pros

Inexpensive alternative to not having an on-line reservation system.

Cons

The Customer Service wasn’t helpful & hard to get a hold of, the users complain about it not being user-friendly. Reservations were “lost”, add-on’s to reservations were either not there, or were on people’s reservations that didn’t request add-on’s.

Reasons for Choosing RoverPass

Our past Manager got it because she felt it was cheap.

Response from RoverPass

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your honest review. It is very unfortunate that our software did not meet your expectations. From our records you used our Reservation Request system which is designed to provide a simple and easy online booking with the option to accept or decline incoming reservations. The system can integrate with any current solution but as it is another software to manage, sometimes things can become difficult. If you have any specific feedback you want to provide, our support team has grown and can handle all incoming comments and questions. We would be happy to hear from you again. Thank you!

Susie from Sunrise Motel

Great Job and don't change...

Excellent. They understand that I need to collect money when people walk in the door and need to handle the transactions myself. Thank you

Pros

I am a very busy person and am continually short on time. This integrates with my business very well. I have used other programs this is quick and simple. If I have questions the staff is only a phone call away and ready to answer.

Cons

I need something simple and sometimes changes/upgrades take more time for me to learn.

Reasons for Switching to RoverPass

Too much money, too controlling, I could not keep up with occupancy. Their phone number in a search would come up first and they counted that as a occupant, when they did not stay at our motel. Customers reported to me that when they did a search that I had not rooms available or one twin bed open. These are people who forgot our phone number and knew that we did not have rooms with one twin bed. I like honesty, so this was a real problem...

Response from RoverPass

Replied March 2020

Hi Susie, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm happy to hear that our system has helped to save you time and it has been easy for you to reach our support staff. We do continually make upgrades to make sure our platform is able to serve everyone and to make sure things run smoothly, but your Account Manager would be happy to help train you on the updates! You can always reach out at any time and our team will be happy to help answer any questions. Thank you again for the feedback!

Sharon from Pheasant Acres RV Park LLC

Happy to be on board with Rover Pass

Rover Pass reservation system has helped to boost my during the week reservations, filling my park during times of low activity. I love the fact that I can text/email the reservationists and even talk with them on the one, giving a more personal service. And their 'trouble-shooting' support staff are excellent!

Pros

Rover Pass has boosted my reservations in the time that I have been using it. It reaches across the entire continent and allows campers to find my RV park that live thousands of miles away. It allows them to easily plan their RV trips and know they have a secure reservation. It has been fun to meet and greet so many new campers and the thrill when they book another reservation. I cannot compliment the Rover Pass staff enough for their quick response to any questions I might have and they can solve a problem quickly. In our business, good phone service and prompt help is a delight. I am happy to use Rover Pass as my RV park reservation system.

Cons

Any thing that I thought was a problem was easily resolved with their 'trouble shooting' staff with clear explanation and giving me insight on how to easily trouble shoot certain issues my. Given that, I have had a few bumps that had to do with either not receiving reservations promptly not being able to update calendar, but those were quickly resolved.

Noel from Fall Hollow Resort

Campground

Not having to answer the phone all the time and or not having to take payment. They can see photos and prices outside of our web site And I would hope that it is giving us advertising.

Pros

There's no fees for us upfront they charge the customer. It's nice to have our customers to be able to book and pay online. It's self explanatory We are able to add and delete pictures ect.

Cons

Nothing we haven't had any problems. Well it took a while to get everything straight and altogether. With the campground, b&b and cabin but that's to be expected.

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Noel. Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy to hear that things are going well for you. We take pride in having a system where campgrounds are able to have autonomy on their listings and make changes on their own time. I'm happy to hear this works for you, and that you find the system to be self-explanatory. I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to review.

Rebecca and Kenneth from Country Dream RV Park

RoverPass Review

Customer service is outstanding with RoverPass. The cons listed above however have not been resolved at this time.

Pros

The ease of the program for owners that are not necessarily the most computer savvy. For the most part the software is fairly easy to use. Integration was seamless.

Cons

#1The calendar needs to be more user friendly, i.e. continues to switch back to the current day, rather than the owner having the ability to work further out in months when booking reservations by phone. #2 Owner also needs to be able to override the system when a 3 day minimum is required for holidays i.e. customer can not come in on Friday, but can on Saturday and are still booking the 3 day without having to call customer service. #3 Software send long term guests to many notifications that their bill will be due and does not allow the owner to add their electricity/internet to the invoice. Therefore we have to charge their credit card an additional time.

Reasons for Switching to RoverPass

We were looking for software that was fairly easy to use, price and Rover Pass customer service is amazing.

Marlys from Wet Mtn RV Park & Cabins

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Been Using Rover Pass Since it’s Inception.

The customer support is absolutely unbeatable, almost like personal friends.

Pros

The notifications I receive from them and the direct deposit and not having to write them a monthly check.

Cons

Just a couple things on the new system to make it easier to move around and within.

Reasons for Choosing RoverPass

It is made specifically for RV Parks/ campground/resorts.

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Marlys. I'm sorry to hear that there are a few things with our Reservation Management System that you would like to see changed. I will have someone from Customer Support reach out to you as we are always happy to receive feedback and try our best to make our product function in the best way possible for campgrounds and campers alike. I'm happy to hear that there are a lot of things you enjoy with RoverPass, and I hope we continue to excel at these things for you! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

lyndsi from Camp Clearwater

Great Stamp!

it has been awesome

Pros

how many new customers we have gotten off of rover pass

Cons

sometimes it misses of the customers info like email or phone number

no reply

Response from RoverPass

Replied March 2020

Hi Lyndsi, Thank you for letting us know what you love about RoverPass. We always collect the campers email and phone number when they are requesting a reservation, and this will become available to you once you approve the reservation. I hope this helps! I will give you a phone call as well to go over this with you. We love receiving feedback so we can better our product, so please reach out to us at any time! Thank you again!

ruth from sargent beach rv park

Love Roverpass

We are new in the RV park business and Roverpass has been a great help for running it smoothly. Customer support is outstanding with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always responding on time.

Pros

I really like the use of calendar to keep track and make the reservations from there. It would be nice if customers could SEE available dates instead of having to play guessing to find a date they can book.

Cons

I am not able to correct my mistakes in reservations, like a price change, once the credit card has been charged with only a deposit. I cannot change the final price without requesting support.

Morgan from Timberland Acres

Timberland Acres Review

Sales Tax is my biggest problem with RoverPass.

Pros

Online reservations made easy. Customers can make reservations 24/7

Cons

I have to manually do sales tax each month. This is not easy, nor user friendly. Each month I have to add up all of the sales tax and then all of the totals. It would be so much easier if this was done for me.

Reasons for Choosing RoverPass

We do not have an online reservation system. We still use paper here in our office. Sites are assigned on paper and our reservation forms are paper. I only use RoverPass to offer an online option for our guests.

Reasons for Switching to RoverPass

Google reservations did not provide a credit card number or the option to charge the person.

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Morgan! Your feedback has been heard and we have created a solution for you! Now, when you download your payout report, you will see that the taxes for each reservation is separate so you will no longer have to do the math for each payout. We appreciate you letting us know things like this so we can create a product that best works for you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review and hope that we can continue to expand upon our product to make it a perfect fit. Thanks!

Cydney from Pleasant Valley

RoverPass service

All in all, it has been very good. I'm hoping that with a calendar of availability and more advertising, etc., we will get more reservations through RoverPass.

Pros

It is easy to use and follow reservations

Cons

It has really needed a calendar that the user (both the client and the prospective guest) can utilize. I need to be able to block out dates for cabins and RV sites so that guests will not request those that are taken. I believe that this Monday I will have access to such a calendar. It has been very inconvenient and embarrassing to either try to send emails with blocked out dates or to reject customers based on no availability, but no way to view unavailability from their end.

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Cydney! We are looking forward to getting you all set up with the Reservation Management calendar. You will be able to block off sites with ease and manage all of your RV sites and cabins straight from the calendar. I am happy to hear everything else is working for you. We truly value our user's feedback to make sure we are providing a well thought out and easy-to-use product. Thank you!

Coleen from Circle K Campground

Circle K Campground Reveiw

Easy to work with.

Pros

Great way to get people to reserve a site online, easy and with it paid up front we don't have to collect any money.

Cons

Customers pay for a site, then don't show up and want a refund, We get dinged with a bad survey. Should be very clear to the customers, that their money is non-refundable

Pam from NorthPoint RV Park

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very Happy With RoverPass

I am very happy with my overall experience with RoverPass. I would recommend RoverPass.

Pros

Individuals can book their reservations through our website.

Cons

Not sure that there is anything that I do not like about the software. When I first started using RoverPass there were a few issues as expected since it was new. Overtime the issues were worked out and they are always improving the system.

Response from RoverPass

Replied March 2020

Hi Pam, Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to hear we were able to solve any issues you were having, and always love receiving feedback so we can keep it that way! We look forward to our continued relationship with your park for the years to come. Thank you again!

Lynnette from Windmill Campground

Product is great but needs a few more features- Getting better everyday

Excellent customer service- product is getting better all the time.

Pros

The calendar is great to allow you to see who is in your park at a particular time- We love the feature that passes the credit card charges directly back to the camper, so we do not have to increase our prices to absorb that cost. We also love the feature to disable a site for online reservations for long term campers.

Cons

There are a few items that are needed- Need to be able to transfer a camper to a new site on a particular day and to keep the reservation and payments intact. A better way to contact all the campers in you park for a specific day is needed for issues like power outages or incoming weather. Monthly and Weekly charges do not always work correctly- Daily charges are great.

Reasons for Choosing RoverPass

The feature that we could pass the credit card charges back to the campers

Rory from Medina Park Board

RoverPass increases traffic

Pros

This helps people find our campground that probably never would. Easy to use.

Cons

A better way to print out upcoming reservations.

Rick from Leisure Landing RV Park – Arkansas

Roverpass

Pros

Ease of use both for ourselves and our customers.

Cons

Cost to the customer excessive. Roverpass unwilling to lower 15% fees.

Dianna from Logan's Gap Camping Resort

Very Helpful

We've definitely seen an increase in business. Locally, we are well known, but Rover Pass has been great at helping to pull in travelers!

Pros

Rover Pass has been very easy to use. The software is pretty straightforward.

Cons

We get a lot of notifications, text and email. Between two of us, we check frequently to make sure we've responded when needed.

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Dianna! We would be happy to help you with your notifications if you believe you are receiving too many. I will have someone from Customer Support reach out to you in order to assist you with this. I appreciate all the kind words and am glad to hear that RoverPass is straightforward. We work our hardest to provide a product that is easy for all to use. Thank you for the feedback!

Sheri from Country Lane Campground, LLC

Love Roverpass

Love it

Pros

Very easy to use and great notifications

Cons

Can't sort check ins by check in date. Other than that I don not have any other dislikes

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hi Sheri! I'm happy to hear that you've been loving using RoverPass so far! I wanted to let you know that you can sort your check-in's by accessing your reservations and clicking 'Advanced Filters'. At that point, you'll be able to search for reservations by the check-in date. I will have someone from Customer Service reach out to you as well to help you with this. Thank you for the kind words!

Mario from Citrus Valley RV Park

User Friendly

getting lots of exposure on line

Pros

Very easy to fallow and understand nice set up

Cons

Some times the system gettins a little slow

Response from RoverPass

Replied October 2019

Hello Mario. I'm glad to hear that our system has been easy for you to understand, as well as has drawn in some new campers for you! I fear that the system being slow might be an internet connection issue, however, if you reach out to us at support@roverpass.com, we would be happy to look in to any issues you may be experiencing. I thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback as it helps us to better our product every day. Thanks!