All RoverPass Reviews

Kiley

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Give Roverpass a shot!

I would 100% recommend using RoverPass for your booking needs.

PROS

I love working with RoverPass. Their customer service is outstanding and the software itself is very user friendly.

CONS

There are a few things that I would love to see and a few that I will not mention because I know that they are in the works. I would like to see the option to use promo codes available and I would also love for customers to be able to book multiple campsites in one transaction.

Reasons for switching to RoverPass

We were previously using an appoint software through our GoDaddy but it was not fulfilling our needs.

Suzanne

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great Way to Run Our Two RV Parks

PROS

Roverpass made our calendar much more efficient without the fear of double booking. It is easy to use and implement into our two parks. Instant booking has been great for our customers. We currently do it at no extra expense to the customers and we absorb the fees. There are always upgrades and the staff has always been there for me when I've had difficulties. Also another perk is that when I see an issue that affects us, Roverpass has found fixes and has gotten back to us immediately. With the Covid-19, and ensuing chaos and cancellations I have had the best customer experience with Karla and many others trying to figure things out. I felt really taken care of during a difficult time. Since we have two parks now, one we are running directly and one by work campers, I can access both easily if there are problems or questions. New features are being introduced frequently, and they have all been bonuses for us, including being able to charge customers for wood and other items.

CONS

I did give 4 stars for functionality, because this is a work in progress. There are a few snags that are easily worked around, that I know a few fixes will make use easier. For instance, if you go to a future date and do something, the computer will automatically go back to the current date. For tracking financials, it is great for credit card use, but when we get cash, it has been difficult. I know these are things are what Rover Pass is working on and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Jacqueline

Outback springs

PROS

Desired features Color status. Reports

CONS

Month and quarterly view of guests. Too many steps to get back to the reservation page

Ease of use

Bonfire sold

Emily

Reviewed January 2024

We love RoverPass!

PROS

RoverPass has been one of the best decisions/investments we have made. It is extremely user friendly and the customer service is unmatched, both of those things are extremely important to us!

CONS

There are a couple features I have suggested that would be hugely helpful for us, like mass communication to guests, that have been warmly received but not implemented yet.

Gabriela

Reviewed October 2023

RoverPass best decision we made!

Overall RoverPass has been great for business. I would never have been able to keep up with the reservations using mypaper calender. I appreciate having the black out dates and being able to easily get the customer phone number to text with them about check-in procedures.

PROS

The best feature is the calender. I can see immediately what is available, who's coming in or out. Blocking upcoming dates is also a plus. It's easy to use these functions.

CONS

Having gone from a paper calender with reservations to RoverPass, you can imagine the benefits of RoverPass. What I find more taxing is the changes that seem to be coming more and more often. I feel that since we are a tiny, need I say micro, RV park, only 4 sites, I don't need the bells and whistles. Possibly make a simple RoverPass for the small/micro parks.

Reason for choosing RoverPass

The fees were charged to the customer

Michelle

Reviewed September 2023

RoverPass has mad eour job easier

Overall once I learned RoverPass it has been easy to use and has helped our business.

PROS

RoverPass has helped us take our camp to the next level. Being able to offer online reservations has helped our park grow and allows us to fill spots that would have otherwise stayed empty. Thanks to RoverPass no money is collected at the camp, we are not waiting for checks to clear or having to worry about cash at the campgrounds.

CONS

There are still a few tweaks that we would like to see done to RoverPass. Mainly the communication between campers and the park. Most messages get missed because they are not highlighted or something simular. Also we need the ability to add notes when a site is blocked off.

Paulette

Reviewed June 2023

Happy RP Camper Host

It has been great!

PROS

RoverPass promotes our campground and connects us with campers. I love the platform even more now, because our calendar will sync with HipCamp!

CONS

I am happy with everything - no problems here!

Kenneth

Reviewed August 2023

Reccommended

It helps bring in more business. Recommended!

PROS

I like the easy, user friendly website.

CONS

I like everything so far. I haven't encountered anything negative as of yet.

Jeanette

Reviewed October 2023

The good and not so good

It works

PROS

Agreement to terms place to sign. Other programs did not have this option and we felt it was a must have.

CONS

If you nee to edit you have to go all the way out.

Reasons for switching to RoverPass

Looking for better options in the program.

Wendi

Reviewed February 2024

Roverpass Benefits

I like it because it helps us know our schedule better.

PROS

Guest can complete transaction and receive confirmation immediately.

CONS

Platform Fees are the biggest guest complaint.

Tammy

Impressed!

The biggest benefit of using RoverPass is almost eliminating phone calls for RV reservations. This has freed up a lot of time for my staff and me.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the ability to look at it quickly and get all the information I need to book a reservation or reject it. I have had guests tell me it was very simple to fill out the information to book a room or an RV site.

CONS

There are two things that I believe could be improved upon with this software. First, I would like to be able to integrate it with Booking.com and Airbnb, then tie it into my own booking calendar. Second, I have had several guests have to cancel and are very upset when the fees are not refunded....all they tend to see is "full refund if cancelled".... with in however many days. If there was a way to emphasize the fees would not be refunded it would make life a bit easier:)

Hi Tammy. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. At this time, we are not able to integrate with other services- however, we do have a new Reservation Management System we'd be happy to share with you! This allows you to keep track of all your reservations in one place and view your availability in realtime. And, as always, it's free! Please reach out to us, and we would be happy to provide you with more information. We do our best to make our cancellation as clear as possible throughout the reservation request process, but we do understand that sometimes there is a little confusion. I will pass along your feedback to see if we can come up with something that makes our policy a little more clear. I appreciate you taking this time to provide your feedback, and appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you have had. Thanks!

Susie

Reviewed March 2020

Great Job and don't change...

Excellent. They understand that I need to collect money when people walk in the door and need to handle the transactions myself. Thank you

PROS

I am a very busy person and am continually short on time. This integrates with my business very well. I have used other programs this is quick and simple. If I have questions the staff is only a phone call away and ready to answer.

CONS

I need something simple and sometimes changes/upgrades take more time for me to learn.

Reasons for switching to RoverPass

Too much money, too controlling, I could not keep up with occupancy. Their phone number in a search would come up first and they counted that as a occupant, when they did not stay at our motel. Customers reported to me that when they did a search that I had not rooms available or one twin bed open. These are people who forgot our phone number and knew that we did not have rooms with one twin bed. I like honesty, so this was a real problem...

Hi Susie, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm happy to hear that our system has helped to save you time and it has been easy for you to reach our support staff. We do continually make upgrades to make sure our platform is able to serve everyone and to make sure things run smoothly, but your Account Manager would be happy to help train you on the updates! You can always reach out at any time and our team will be happy to help answer any questions. Thank you again for the feedback!

Replied March 2020

Robert

Misty Mountains Park on RoverPass RMS

Great - because of their excellent customer service, RoverPass listens to their customers and makes adjustments to the system as needed.

PROS

Customer service! When I was researching software, I felt quite strongly RoverPass wanted to excel in customer service. I was right!

CONS

Data should be in a data warehouse - I don't like the .csv reports

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Not cloud based.

Sharon

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Happy to be on board with Rover Pass

Rover Pass reservation system has helped to boost my during the week reservations, filling my park during times of low activity. I love the fact that I can text/email the reservationists and even talk with them on the one, giving a more personal service. And their 'trouble-shooting' support staff are excellent!

PROS

Rover Pass has boosted my reservations in the time that I have been using it. It reaches across the entire continent and allows campers to find my RV park that live thousands of miles away. It allows them to easily plan their RV trips and know they have a secure reservation. It has been fun to meet and greet so many new campers and the thrill when they book another reservation. I cannot compliment the Rover Pass staff enough for their quick response to any questions I might have and they can solve a problem quickly. In our business, good phone service and prompt help is a delight. I am happy to use Rover Pass as my RV park reservation system.

CONS

Any thing that I thought was a problem was easily resolved with their 'trouble shooting' staff with clear explanation and giving me insight on how to easily trouble shoot certain issues my. Given that, I have had a few bumps that had to do with either not receiving reservations promptly not being able to update calendar, but those were quickly resolved.

Rebecca and Kenneth

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

RoverPass Review

Customer service is outstanding with RoverPass. The cons listed above however have not been resolved at this time.

PROS

The ease of the program for owners that are not necessarily the most computer savvy. For the most part the software is fairly easy to use. Integration was seamless.

CONS

#1The calendar needs to be more user friendly, i.e. continues to switch back to the current day, rather than the owner having the ability to work further out in months when booking reservations by phone. #2 Owner also needs to be able to override the system when a 3 day minimum is required for holidays i.e. customer can not come in on Friday, but can on Saturday and are still booking the 3 day without having to call customer service. #3 Software send long term guests to many notifications that their bill will be due and does not allow the owner to add their electricity/internet to the invoice. Therefore we have to charge their credit card an additional time.

Reasons for switching to RoverPass

We were looking for software that was fairly easy to use, price and Rover Pass customer service is amazing.

Noel

Campground

Not having to answer the phone all the time and or not having to take payment. They can see photos and prices outside of our web site And I would hope that it is giving us advertising.

PROS

There's no fees for us upfront they charge the customer. It's nice to have our customers to be able to book and pay online. It's self explanatory We are able to add and delete pictures ect.

CONS

Nothing we haven't had any problems. Well it took a while to get everything straight and altogether. With the campground, b&b and cabin but that's to be expected.

Hi Noel. Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy to hear that things are going well for you. We take pride in having a system where campgrounds are able to have autonomy on their listings and make changes on their own time. I'm happy to hear this works for you, and that you find the system to be self-explanatory. I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to review.

Morgan

Timberland Acres Review

Sales Tax is my biggest problem with RoverPass.

PROS

Online reservations made easy. Customers can make reservations 24/7

CONS

I have to manually do sales tax each month. This is not easy, nor user friendly. Each month I have to add up all of the sales tax and then all of the totals. It would be so much easier if this was done for me.

Reason for choosing RoverPass

We do not have an online reservation system. We still use paper here in our office. Sites are assigned on paper and our reservation forms are paper. I only use RoverPass to offer an online option for our guests.

Reasons for switching to RoverPass

Google reservations did not provide a credit card number or the option to charge the person.

Hi Morgan! Your feedback has been heard and we have created a solution for you! Now, when you download your payout report, you will see that the taxes for each reservation is separate so you will no longer have to do the math for each payout. We appreciate you letting us know things like this so we can create a product that best works for you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review and hope that we can continue to expand upon our product to make it a perfect fit. Thanks!

Marlys