All Setmore Reviews

A perfect fit!

Gregor

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Great one-stop shop for health practitioners

Setmore provides a combination of easy-to-use function sand features that make my job as a life coach simpler. Setmore is my single source of truth for the day to day running of my business. Appointment booking, calendar integration, client details, email and text appointment reminders, cash and card payments, web storefront, these are all features I'd expect to find in software targetted at my business, but the no-cost integration with Teleport for group and one-to-one video sessions is the cherry on the top. If you run a hair salon, a yoga or pilates studio, a coaching business, a massage practice or any session-based appointment-run business, then it is worth your time evaluating Setmore.

PROS

Setmore is incredibly easy to use and set up. The feature set for anyone who lives by client appointments is perfect. Simple integrations with payment providers ensure you can charge for services. Best of all is the integration with Teleport.video for video conferencing. The dashboard gives you a high-level view of your business, and the reports and client database are simple but useful. If you need deeper analytics or CRM functionality Setmore also integrates with most of the market leaders. Finally, Setmore support is responsive, professional and helpful.

CONS

As an Apple-based business, the support for Safari is not as complete as the support for Chrome. There is also no support for Windows Explorer - which can be an issue for video chats with some clients. However, as there are workarounds - use Chrome or Firefox - this isn't a deal-breaker. I would like a bit more customisation for the client-facing features. For instance, the online booking page isn't customisable for look-and-feel - e.g.brand colours. layout etc. However, those are advanced features which I suspect few customers would take advantage of, so again not a deal-breaker.

Pricing, features and functionality

Anthony

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Setmore: Manage your appointments with ease.

I had the chance to work with Setmore as an intern in my university's IT department, and I was pleased by its feature set and simplicity of use. Setting up several departmental events was my responsibility, and using Setmore's real-time booking and appointment reminders really eased the procedure. It also gave me the opportunity to track consumer information and manage payments, which was essential for making sure that our events went off without a hitch.

PROS

Setmore is a powerful and easy-to-use appointment scheduling tool that offers many advantages to businesses. It offers a wide range of services, including real-time booking, appointment reminders, simple appointment scheduling, customer administration, and payment processing. Users may easily manage the system thanks to its straightforward and user-friendly layout. Additionally, it has a mobile app that enables users to schedule appointments while on the go. Furthermore, Setmore offers first-rate customer service, ensuring that users can get help whenever they need it.

CONS

The restricted customizability of Setmore is one of its possible drawbacks. Although the booking page can be customized in a number of ways, users may find it difficult to change the software's overall look and feel to match their brand. Additionally, some users have mentioned sporadic bugs and performance issues with the software, but Setmore's support staff usually fixes these right away.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

While all of the above scheduling software options have their unique features, Setmore stands out due to its ease of use, comprehensive features, and affordability. Its pricing plans are reasonable and provide a range of options that can accommodate businesses of all sizes. Additionally, Setmore's customer support is top-notch, ensuring that users can receive assistance whenever they need it.

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to provide a lengthy review. Firstly, it's great that you think the app is powerful and easy to use with extensive functionality. Thrilled to hear that you think we offer first-rate customer service, we'll make sure to pass on your comments to the team. We appreciate all feedback to help us improve the service we offer. We're currently in the process of looking at how we can increase the customization of the app for our customers. I'll make sure to pass on your comments to the developers. Julia, Community Team

Replied May 2023

Suzi

Reviewed October 2019

A few things I need that are imperative

Overall experience is good but just so frustrating that the support chat I feel dont understand your points or address / understand you problems. It feels like they're so detached from caring. Ive literally just had a conversation with someone on chat and it was an awful experience.

PROS

Super simple and works with you, quick easy and makes life simple

CONS

Really important for us and reasons why I witched: We need to take varied deposit amounts If someone cancels their appointment we have to contact them to get their card details to to refund their deposit- it's really frustrating Sometimes when I contact customer support I feel like they dont listen Our clients frequently commented on the fact that they stated going through the booking system then it quit/froze/took their card details and didnt go through. We thought it was people just being difficult however it was such a common complaint- can we report it to you and you look at a history of what happened within that transaction? Why can we not reuest payments off people through setmore- its a really great feature. There's not enough characters for T&Cs & notes to the customer when booking.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

For all the above, refunds for deposits simple, variable deposit system, zero complaints from clients when booking.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Even the free account works perfectly.

The system is very easy to use and customize. The help desk is always available to ask questions, and they give the right info very fast because they know the system and understand your needs very quickly. What can I ask more? Thank you!

PROS

1. It is free! Heartfelt thanks from non-profit schools like us. 2. Customizing almost everything acc to our school's needs. Being able to add required fields while booking. Please keep all the existing functions other than the "cons" I'll mention below.

CONS

1. We had two services with two different slot lengths: 15 min and 30 min. I couldn't open both from the same account. I had to open one more free account for the 30 min service. If I did not, students could make appointments every 15 minutes, which meant they could make double reservations. 2. When customizing the booking page, the character limit for the titles of the required fields is very low. I couldn't even write "purpose of study". Could you make at least one field where the character limit is much more? I needed students to summarize briefly what they needed to study. "Purpose of study" is not clear enough to convey my message. 3. If you cannot do the 2nd one, could you at least let the admin customize the "comments" box?

Reason for choosing Setmore

I examined many different appointment systems. Setmore was one of the easiest to set up, use and configure.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

Because we are a public school and cannot spare a good amount for booking systems, we had to give up using Appointy when they switched to the premium accounts system.

Kunal

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Setmore is inexpensive and gives you all the features that you need

I would say very good, given the low price and availability of all features available with more expensive booking sites. I am very happy with Setmore.

PROS

The price which $9 per month and gives me all the features to make my company look professional to prospective customers. Email reminders, text reminders, payment collection, ability to link it with my google and apple calendars, ability to link it with external applications like Zoom/PayPal/Square/Stripe etc.

CONS

It is very hard to configure it to make the application to book on my website without the need to open an external booking link. I am not yet able to do it and when customers click the link on my website it opens a new tab and take it to Setmore website. If this could be improved or made easy to use I will be very impressed.

Reason for choosing Setmore

Price point and the availability of all features that were available with all the above booking sites.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

Square was difficult to use, especially when using in different time zones. I had a few clients who could only see my time zone and were confused. This did not leave a very good impression and I had to switch to Setmore.

Hi Kunal, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! We're thrilled you think Setmore is inexpensive and it provides you with the features you need for your business. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the experience we offer our customers. We've passed on your comments to our developers. In the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to the team at help@setmore.com. Julia, Community Team

Replied June 2022

LNai

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Best Program Ever!

It's been great! As mentioned in my Pros, it's just an overall amazing, inexpensive (if not free) way to help run my business better!

PROS

After having my reminder to my clients removed from the program I was paying for on Wix, I needed something for my small business that wouldn't cost me $500 to renew on a higher level on the above mentioned site. I began Googling and Googling and Googling. After a few trials and errors with other programs, I found Setmore and it has been amazing! They offer so much for free that solo-business owners like myself who don't have employees, can integrate their booking system in my existing website without any hassle or fuss. It allows my clients very quick and easy booking without needing to talk to me. I allows me to create blocked time frames after each client to have time to prepare, easily allows me to book myself out during times I cannot work. Basically, there isn't much not to love about Setmore.

CONS

The only downfall of Setmore is it can be a little glitchy. Sometimes, things won't organize properly when saved and updates won't update until hours later in a flash when you enter the program again. These little glitches in the system are the only real downfall of Setmore.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

Because Wix took away my client reminders mid-plan (that I paid in full) despite me choosing that plan specifically because of that. More so, Wix then wanted me to update to a better plan to get it back, which would run me nearly $500. No thank you.

Hi LNai C, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! Thrilled to hear that after your search, you're happy with Setmore. It's great that it helps your clients get booked quickly and easily, you can manage your schedule to suit your needs, and you think it's cost-effective. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the service we offer. We'll pass your comments onto the team. Julia, Community Team

Replied May 2022

Debby

Reviewed June 2021

Do not overlook Setmore

It has been a huge blessings as I started my business with Setmore and it has allowed me to take bookings online. I have only used the free version and will be sad to leave them, but should they upgrade to the more modern style and more capability, I would love to hear about it as I know they will do it right.

PROS

It is very easy to use and intuitive to set up. It has online booking capability that integrates with my Wordpress website. The online help is second to none and they are very quick to respond and super friendly. Their FREE version is amazing for up to five practitioners and integrates with numerous payment providers. It has a notes section and option to list classes. They are also constantly improving their system, striving for the best.

CONS

It does not look that modern and although they do the basics very well, I need more than that now, which they cannot yet provide, such as concession cards, membership options, discounts, SOAP notes etc. It looks a little outdated and wanted to have a modern look with lots of clear images.

Reason for choosing Setmore

As a brand new business I was attracted by their free version.

Hi Debby, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us as we are constantly striving to improve the product. Please continue to reach out to our support team or email help@setmore.com if you have any issues. Thanks, Julia, Community Team

Replied June 2021

Matthew

Reviewed October 2019

Easiest and Most cost effective scheduling interface available

We have had a much easier time getting our clients comfortable with booking their own appointments and being more responsible with cancellations using this system. The staff appreciates the ability to book from their phones or cancel and reschedule from outside the office.

PROS

It is easy to set up and maintain. The integration with our website was seamless. We're able to customize on the fly.

CONS

It would be more helpful if the client also had an interface that allowed them to see upcoming and past appointments. A register of cancellations, dates and communications times would also benefit us.

Reason for choosing Setmore

Much too expensive and too corporate

Reasons for switching to Setmore

The schedulicity was much more expensive for less functionality Clickbook was a great system, but the owner died suddenly and the customer support from the service died with him.

Reviewed September 2020

Getting Started, needed help...Help answered quickly and solved my issue

I will say I just started and so far it has been great, no issues other than my question which was answered quickly and I was back setting up our account.

PROS

Ease of use and setup. Ability to customize and use.

CONS

Would like the ability to customize industry. Categories are great for general use but does not allow a more specific Industry to be selected or set.

Reasons for switching to Setmore

Wanted something more easy to use for us and anyone booking an appointment

Euripides

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Massage therapist

PROS

The user interface and the android app is the best on the market

CONS

The features are lacking compared to other similar software

Reason for choosing Setmore

It just fits my current business needs. For another similar business I run, I have chosen other software.

Nadine

Photography, 2-10 employees

Setless

Not very helpful at all, the technician cut and pasted some script that seemed vaguely close to the question I asked and just kept sending it repeatedly, each time I reworded the question.

PROS

I think it was designed with a yoga studio or hair salon in mind, so adapting it to studio hire has been challenging, but it mostly does what we need it to do.

CONS

For the monthly cost of it, It doesn't have a completely seamless interface and mostly its not very intuitive or customisable, ie: you cannot create a hire by the hour, where your client selects the amount of hours they would like and the system automatically calculates the total hours, then adds the gst and fees and offers the totalled amount to the client to pay. Seems to me a function a lot of types of business could use.

Reason for choosing Setmore

It initially seemed to be what I was looking for, I am looking at alternatives.

Steph

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Highly recommend for Property Managers/Sales Appointments

Setmore solves our scheduling issue with clients - we don't need to email them open timeslots and then have it change by the time they reply - now we just sent them a link to see the 'live calendar' and they can choose current openings. It also allows us to schedule group classes, and have multiple people meet us at once. We can easily ask the clients a few preliminary questions that they must fill out before their appointment, such as their budget and move-in date, so we know what products to show them at their appointment. It saves us phoning them ahead of time to discuss options and make sure we have products available for them.

PROS

I've used this software daily at my past and current company for 2+ years, it's very easy to set up and start using and the Pro version was a 'must have' when I changed companies. The ability to remove Setmore branding and integrate it into our business helps us look professional and consistent in our branding for our clients. We use it to schedule private appointments with clients, book group appointments, and reserve elevators for people moving in/out. It's easy to update hours/availability, add staff or services, and add clients. Very user friendly for our clients, we never need to help them with online bookings. The value for money is excellent, especially considering the amount of time it saves us trying to book appointments with clients (often 40+ appointments per week at our peak).

CONS

We had requested and then tested a new chat feature that would allow us to text message users from the software, but wished that it could show our work cell as the 'reply' number. It's not that important to us, so this was a non-issue. I wish we could set up reoccurring group classes (ie every Friday at 5pm, we offer ABC class, but people register for individual sessions) but it's not yet a feature so we manually add the group classes.

Reason for choosing Setmore

Setmore was the best fit for features we needed, and the price was very competitive. We started with the free version and then upgraded to the paid/Pro version for the added functionality. The easy to use interface for us and our clients is important, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an online bookings calendar. I have previously worked in technical support and sales for a software company and feel that the service, support, and features they provide is excellent value.

Angelica

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Optimize Your Calendar Management: An In-Depth Analysis of Setmore

I had the chance to use Setmore for scheduling and meeting management while working as an intern at the university's pharmaceutical research and development division. The software turned out to be a useful tool for planning and monitoring various research-related tasks. With its simple interface, I was able to quickly schedule meetings with study participants, collaborators, and supervisors, resulting in efficient time management. The automatic reminders reduced no-shows and enhanced communication in general. All appointments were kept up to date across all devices thanks to Setmore's smooth interaction with well-known calendaring services. Overall, Setmore dramatically improved our appointment management procedures, increasing output and fostering effective departmental collaboration.

PROS

A number of benefits are available with Setmore for effective appointment management. Businesses may simply schedule and track appointments using its user-friendly interface, which lowers the possibility of multiple bookings and scheduling problems. Businesses may customize their scheduling procedure and simply link it with their website thanks to the software's adaptable booking page. In addition, Setmore offers automated reminders and notifications to decrease no-shows, and its extensive reporting and analytics capabilities provide insightful data on the efficiency of businesses. Setmore guarantees flexibility and accessibility for both clients and clients' businesses with its mobile app and connectivity with well-known calendar services.

CONS

Although Setmore has many advantages, there are also some disadvantages to take into account. One drawback is the absence of sophisticated customization possibilities, which might not be suitable for companies with intricate scheduling needs. Additionally, some users have mentioned that the software occasionally has bugs or speed problems. Despite the fact that these flaws are not serious and have little effect on Setmore's overall functionality, fixing them would improve both the software's usability and dependability.

Hi Angelica, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Setmore! We're thrilled to hear that our software was able to streamline your appointment management procedures and improve collaboration within your department. Our goal is to provide a simple and efficient solution for scheduling and meeting management, and we're glad to see that we were able to deliver on that promise for you. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue serving you in the future . In addition, we are constantly working to enhance our platform with new features and integrations to further streamline your workflow. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any suggestions or requests for improvement. Thank you again for choosing our service and trusting us with your scheduling needs. Michelle, Team Setmore.

Replied June 2023

Justin

Reviewed May 2018

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

PROS

The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and we have found that it is perfect for our needs. You can completely customize your schedule to include as many services as you would like for different lengths of time, prices, etc. You can also add employees and customize other features including colors for services (as they appear on your schedule), office hours, and scheduling intervals. You can add as much or as little contact information about your clients as you would like. Also, I have had to contact customer service 3 times during our use, and they have been GREAT every single time. They have resolved any issue that I have had within 24 hours and were very open with communication, keeping me informed with progress.

CONS

There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

Melita

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

LOVE Setmore..but

I have tried other's and have come back to Ashmore!!

PROS

The ease. Not too many p ages to flip through. We sto p ped using setmore and paid for more expensive ones... only because doesnt quite cover our needs. But i came back to setmore when weighing up pro & cons

CONS

I ideally need more photo space. And to be able to view photo bigger. I would also like better reporting. We have now got square so I'll see i f that makes reporting better. Also staff get to access client info, it would be good if they just saw their schedule ,& not able to change it and not see $ .

Easier to use

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Simplifying Appointment Scheduling with Setmore

I would recommend Setmore to other small business owners looking for an easy-to-use appointment scheduling tool. While there are some limitations to the free version, the basic features are still very useful and have helped me streamline my scheduling process.

PROS

I have been using Setmore to schedule appointments for my small business and overall, I have found it to be a helpful tool. The platform is easy to use and has a clean, intuitive interface. I appreciate the ability to customize my booking page with my business's branding, and the automated email and text reminders have helped reduce no-shows. Additionally, the platform integrates with my Google calendar, which makes it easy to manage my schedule.

CONS

While the basic version of Setmore is free, some of the more advanced features, such as custom booking pages and payment processing, require a paid subscription. Additionally, the platform can be a bit slow to load at times, which can be frustrating when I am trying to quickly schedule an appointment.

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! Thrilled to hear that you find Setmore easy to use, helpful and think the app offers a clean, intuitive interface. It's great that you appreciate the brandable aspects of the booking page, the automated reminders and the ability to integrate your calendar with Google. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the services we offer. We'll make sure to pass your cons onto our developers for consideration. Lastly, it's wonderful that you recommend us to other small business owners. If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to help@setmore.com. Julia, Community Team

Replied March 2023

Shay

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

GREAT product, GREAT customer support

While at times very frustrated with glitches, customer support resolves quickly. Super friendly and will do all they can to fix your issues. This software has made my life a lot easier. I have gotten many messages and phone calls from other booking software companies but given the good experience with the software and GREAT customer support, I'm not going anywhere unless it becomes expensive!

PROS

I like everything from the blue color to convenience. This software enables my clients to schedule their appointments at their own convenience and eliminates the need for someone at the front desk. You can also keep track of income and view daily, weekly and monthly. Hoping they add yearly soon! GREAT customer support 24/7 and always someone on chat. Chat is like texting so you can respond at your convenience, in between clients, etc.

CONS

Glitches! Most times things run very smoothly but there are times when there are many glitches. This can really throw things off however, customer support is amazing so things are usually fixed quickly.

Reason for choosing Setmore

I was able to chat with customer service immediately and ask all of my questions. I signed up and soon fell in love with this product. Other products wanted extreme monthly fees. Not happening

Dragana