Certn Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"This program is easy, fast, inexpensive, and has great customer service. If the receiver of the request follows the instructions, it's easy and fast for them to complete as well."
  • icon"The ease of integration not only with our tools and tech that we currently use but also the ability to have direct connection with the Certn teams."
  • icon"I like the ease of use and adaptability of the software to choose the service or services that will best meet the background check requirement."
  • icon"The software leaves a lot of room for user error and can delay some applications."
  • icon"If the criminal comes back not clear, criminal record is not provided."
  • icon"You loose money doing double verification if you don’t track on your own."

Have you used Certn and would like to share your experience with others?

All Certn Reviews

Brent

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Time used: Free Trial

December 2021

New user

Dina

Certn Review

My experience has been awesome from quick response to any queries or expansion on data

Pros

What I like most about this software is it is extremely easy and quick to use. The response is quick unless there is an issue with the person I am looking into.

Cons

Sometimes it is not clear at what stage the applicant is at Did they submit?

Reasons for switching to Certn

It was very slow, awful service and we did nto receive bang for our buck

Aaron W

The background check is not accurate

I will only use this as a limited reference

Pros

easy to use, public info /credit info is mostly accurate

Cons

The employment reference comes back with a very weak argument

Mathew

December 2021

Certn is amazing!

Amazing! I've been working with them for almost 2-years and we've saved time and money since switching to Certn in 2019.

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use for both HR professionals and the candidate. The candidate experience is positive and I've only heard positive things from our candidates that use the platform.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I only have positive things to say about the Certn platform.

Reasons for switching to Certn

Cost and candidate experience.

Tara

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Fast & Efficient Without Compromising Quality

When I was hired with TVH, they required everyone to physically go into a police station, wait in line, and then the turn around time is typically anywhere from 3 hours to 3 weeks time to receive a copy of an individual CRC for employment. I had used Crtn previously at another workplace to provide my CRC, and went to corporate HR to discuss whether we could do this instead and have it funded by our company as I was slightly off put by making an employee pay for their own prior to even being employed here. I proposed it to my partner at our North American head office in the U.S. - and the people who helped us still randomly check on us to ensure that we are not encountering difficulties.

Pros

Results are quick. When you have applicants who must provide a CRC for employment purposes, the last thing that you want to have as a recruiter is a long complicated process. It is both quick on the employer side and candidate side. It is user friendly from both sides as well. There is access 24/7; no time constraints.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I would say is missing.

Accessibility. Efficiency.

Jodelene

Best background check service on the market

A great service to offer our customers (Landlords and Property Management companies) as well as an ID verification system that we use internally to mitigate fraudulent accounts.

Pros

Canadian company that has excellent customer service. Easy to implement software solution and our customers love the instant reports that helps them with their tenant selection process.

Cons

No complaints! Other competitors are more costly and use less technology with their service.

Steve

Industry: Security and Investigations

CERTN Review

The speed of references responses for our candidates is great and helps get our candidates working quicker. It also frees up our time to focus on direct hiring.

Pros

The speed of service is great. We get responses back from references the same day. This makes transitioning the new hire into the organization seamless. Also the response from CERTN support is fast and very helpful.

Cons

At times knowing why the candidate is still analyzing. Often it is due to not being able to verify the pictures. It would be helpful for us, as recruiters, to know this, so we can help the candidate quicker.

Simon

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Procom

Overall our experience has been great, everyone seems to really like the tool. Outside of my experience above, I'd have nothing to complain about.

Pros

I like the user experience, especially for the incoming resources. No longer have to ask them to report to Canada Post

Cons

My major issue with the software is the grading system for credit review. We have SLA's with clients to ensure we report credit issues, an amber score with a seemingly arbitrary letter grading makes it very difficult for my team to decide what should be escalated and what shouldn't. The result, they end up on my desk and I don't have time to review, I need a pass fail. One of my clients is suggesting we revert to our previous provider to avoid.

Great Business Solution

Pros

The data that is returned is easy to read and understand and provides the information needed for the purpose. Enjoy the chat feature and that the navigation of the portal is easy.

Cons

No real cons other than some delays during turnaround time.

Lan

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Certn - Calgary Office review

We have been using another service provider to conducts our criminal record checks and since using Certn a couple of months ago. We have been Certn for almost all of our checks with the exception of doing a credit check.

Pros

* ease of use * no IDs required to be uploaded to the system * no data entry required * received results in a couple of hours * easy to read the report

Cons

* no cons from our end * only issue is we would like to be able to initiate credit checks, credit scores, and credit inquiries

Reasons for switching to Certn

Easy to use and very quick to get results back. We are not 100% done with Sterling BackCheck yet because they have other checks they can provide where Certn cannot.

Strongly Recommend Certn

Pros

That you can send applicants background checks to fill out. How quick it is to get a background check back

Cons

There isn't anything I dont like at all. I also enjoy the quick notifications by email.

Reasons for switching to Certn

You guys have a faster turn around time

Nicole

Truly disruptive software in the background check industry

The Certn team is exceptional in terms of customer service and responsiveness, wonderful experience working with them.

Pros

Fast, easy, inexpensive, accurate and great customer support

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like and the team is very receptive to making customer suggested changes.

Marna

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good, I am happy with the service.

Pros

Easy to use and is pretty quick, customer support with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been excellent. She is quick and gets back to me right away.

Cons

The process was easy. It is easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Certn

Cost and the option to use one provider for backcheck and references.

Marsha

Back check review

Pros

It is user friendly, very easy to maneuver. The final results are very detailed oriented when compare to others

Cons

I cannot think of anything that needs improvement.

Don

Nice service

Very impressed. It is as advertised.

Pros

Easy to use. Very quick turnaround. Company is great to work with.

Cons

Nothing, everything worked as claimed and support is excellent.

Reasons for choosing Certn

Value, easy and Canadian.

Kevin

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Certn is Great

easy product to use and less expensive than other brands

Pros

Was very easy to use the software and the staff were very attentive

Cons

The billing goes monthly. I have one person for July and could not add her to the June bill so it would be just one transaction.

Reasons for switching to Certn

certn is faster and less expensive

Rick