Crelate Software Reviews

Crelate Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I enjoy the easy use functions and great multifunctional tools and time saving features."
  • icon"Crelate is a good, user-friendly ATS that helps keep me organized with my applicant workflow and jobs. Nice that it's web-based and I can use it both in the office and working from home."
  • icon"All of the integrations for our applicants and email tracking. When I visit a profile, I can see every email to and from a candidate and easily track progress."
  • icon"Problems with diacritics when translating to Czech language."
  • icon"Also, there are some minor frustrations on how to manage tags and certain fields which can be frustrating."
  • icon"Sometimes a little confusing with too many clicks."

Browse all Crelate Reviews

• Have you used Crelate and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric

Crelate Talent - by a recruiter

I can track jobs, candidate progress, status, etc, very very easily The customer service is great. A bit slow - no one is there when you call - but they call you back, are very friendly and very thorough

Pros

1. Implementation consists....of a few minutes of work with the support team to get going 2. They can do a data conversion fairly quickly. 3. Learning to get started in it in is fast and intuitive. Then, as you learn more about it and figure out how to do things better, you can change what you do - and your prior work is not completely messed up! 4. Integration with my company website and with job boards is simply fantastic

Cons

Data conversion is expensive - but, I guess, so is everyones....

Reasons for choosing Crelate

I compared features and reviews, then discarded Zoho, as the others were more in line with what i wanted. I then trialed Big Biller, PCRecruiter and Crelate and found Crelate to match what i need, has intuitive interface and is expandable to some interesting new features.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

I really wanted an up to date SaaS platform that made it simple for me to see what is going on. Crelate does that!

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I must agree with you about your third point. Being able to evolve your process, and keep your prior work, is something I have become thankful for too.

Raegan

August 2022

19 Years of Recruiting w several ATS's and Crelate is the VERY FIRST one I can say I LOVE!

My experience with Crelate has been the best experience above all others. I tried Exelare and CEIPAL in 2021 when deciding on a new ATS. The customer support was below par and the only way you could get trained was to schedule long 1 hour meetings in the middle of your day (and the support person's English was difficult to understand). Exelare had a very limited help/knowledge base. With Crelate, they have Chat Support with EXCELLENT, KNOWLEDGABLE Support Reps who respond within 1 to 4 hours, and they PROBLEM SOLVE with you. The Crelate team really cares about your success with their ATS. They have an active Feedback website where you can easily provide feedback - and they use this feedback to make changes and implement updates multiple times a year. They also notify you personally if your feedback was implemented. The ATS keeps getting better and better. They listen to what the customer needs/wants. After using dozens of ATS's over the years, I've learned that the #1 feature you should evaluate is the quality of their Customer Support. Crelate is five stars when it comes to fast, quality, problem-solving support.

Pros

Very visual and customizable. #1 is their AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT. You can also hire their Professional Services/Product team for a very small monthly fee for one-on-one video meeting support when you have a complex concept you're trying to implement into Crelate.

Cons

I wish there was a modular, visual "Dashboard" that incorporated some AI technology that would help detect lapsed activities, and it could be customized based on user type (Executive, Recruiter, Salesperson, etc.)

Reasons for choosing Crelate

#1: CUSTOMER SUPPORT #2: Crelate is an easy to understand visual interface #3: More support when implementing Crelate; live, knowledgebase, chat, one-on-one, lots of videos, FRIENDLY, English speaking customer support.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

JobScience was a mess. The support was terrible, and when they merged with Bullhorn, the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I had a terrible experience with JobScience, and I used Bullhorn prior to that which was also not a good experience. With both of these ATS's, you felt like a number, not a customer.

Matt

Review of Crelate ATS

Lack luster. It get the job done most of the time, but would like to see a more robust product offering and user friendly UI.

Pros

Quick and easy to deploy compared to competitors in the market. Easier to administer than similar products.

Cons

Product support is lacking. Very difficult to get the support when you need it, and there is limited training information available. There pricing is on the high side for the level of product you get. The UI feels and looks very dated and is not as intuitive as some of their direct competitors.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

It was already in use when I joined the company and we renewed our contract because the expense and time to move to an alternate product was put on hold due to COVID.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback will be shared with the company and used to help us improve.

Replied October 2020

Terri

May 2022

Small or Big Business - Crelate is for YOU!

I have had a fantastic experience with Crelate. When I have questions, they are there to answer them. I find the system to be very user friendly and accommodating for my business needs. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Pros

I am a small boutique recruiting firm that focuses on accounting and finance positions. I love the ease of tracking candidates coming in and through the process. There are many times I go back to old postings with past clients and try to remember a candidates name, Crelate makes that so easy for me. There are many features that I likely don't use that would benefit larger teams/businesses. It's an excellent product and I've used them since I started my business 4 years ago. Thank you Crelate!

Cons

I've struggled a bit with getting viable candidates from my job postings through Crelate. I don't mind paying the extra cost to post a job through other outlets, but I would like to see some ROI for that investment. Often times I am left with unqualified candidates or those that are out of the country.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

I had an Associate that worked for me that was using it on her own when we both worked together with another recruiting agency. When I started my business, and she decided to join me, she showed me Crelate and I never looked back.

Juli

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy to use software with great features

Overall, it's been a good experience and I would and have recommended the software to many firms in my network.

Pros

We love the search pipelines and the ability to quickly' drop and drag' candidates through the stages. We also love the integration with RingCentral and other apps on the market that make using it very easy. This software is one of the easier ones on the market to customize to your own internal work flow. It's also easy to add people to the database from other sites such as LinkedIn.

Cons

I haven't been able to get the CRM portion of the software to work for our workflow. Crelate sells itself as an ATS and a CRM but CRM part isn't as easy to integrate- at least in manner in which we use it.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

When Invenias was acquired by Bullhorn we did not want to stick around to see if it would be another acquisition like Sendouts and Maxhire where they stopped servicing the software so you were forced to switch to Bullhorn anyway. Also, Invenias was supposed to have integrated click-to-dial and never did because they were in the process of being acquired.

Response from Crelate

Wow, so much to be thankful for with this review. First, thank you for taking the time to write a review and second, thank you for recommending us to others in your network. It is great to see that the easy workflow management, RingCentral integration, and free parsing tool are working so well for you. It is a bummer to hear that the CRM is not functioning how you would like it to. When you have the time, I would ask that you reach out to our support team 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, or support@crelate.com, and see if they can get you set you up how you want/need.

Ron

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best ATS for recruiting firms!

I couldn't be more happy with the transition to Crelate from our previous product. Their team truly understands the problems we are trying to solve and is extremely responsive. Their feature set continues to increase rapidly and is always very relevant.

Pros

Several items: - ease of configuration and customization - profile parsing from LinkedIn - job board management / website integration - email sync and candidate communication management - analytics - speed and relevance of new feature release - extensive help resources, training videos, etc.

Cons

- exporting data is not straightforward and requires additional vendor developer cost -

Reasons for choosing Crelate

- Features, Functionality, Sales Process, Transparency into current state vs future state of product

Reasons for switching to Crelate

- lack of feature & functionality evolution in previous product - sporadic customer service

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is awesome to see how our tools, features, and trainings are helping to make your work easier.

Replied October 2020

Kunji

April 2022

The busy recruiter's life saver!

Overall, I love Crelate. I know I am getting one of the best quality and innovative recruiting platforms with Crelate. Their service is also amazing. As a recruiting firm owner with many years of experience, I've used Bullhorn and SalesForce at larger / national staffing firms, and I can say Crelate is just right for my growing business.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use. The front-end UI remains simple, while sophisticated flexibility and features are behind. I am consistently surprised at how much I can customize and tweak the system to reflect my team's recruiting process. It saves me so much more time overall.

Cons

There are a few features I dream about like adding a checklist and somehow magically syncing with my calendar, as well as it does email, etc. I am not worried as they are constantly improving the software with new features even those features I didn't know I needed it.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

Affordable and I learned that Crelate was built by a developer who built the very first Microsoft CRM. No brainer.

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Drag and Drop functionality. US-based Support

Wanted a drag/drop feature/functionality

Simplicity is beauty!

Overall, Crelate is also a good ATS. This is good for not a full cycle recruiting

Pros

I like the simplicity of this Applicant Tracking System. Not the kind of ATS on mainstream but is worth your money. It is user-friendly. There is room for errors, you can delete/change the tagging anytime you want. Crelate Talent also has a feature when you post your job, it will be posted on other different job boards like ZipRecruiter, Indeed, etc. When you post your jobs, you can automatically post your job on these platforms too.

Cons

Lately, they are having maintenance that makes the software really slow. Though upgrades is for the better but still affects the productivity of recruiters.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

I change company they are using different ATS

Ellen

Extremely Valueable tool for Recruiting agencies

I love Crelate, use it on an hourly basis.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. It helps me manage both the candidate and client facing side of the business and customize almost any pipeline and report.

Cons

Since there are so many different facets, it took a bit longer to get up to speed on the product, but once I did, its very user intuitive. Also, the mobile app needs more work to get it to where the desktop product is.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

Bullhorn felt clunky and based on old software.

Kenneth

May 2022

Very Happy with Crelate, Especially w/their Customer Service

Has moved us away from spreadsheets/emails into a more modernized CRM with client facing portals to gather feedback.

Pros

Easy to setup. Very customizable. Love the client portal and ability to track candidates. REMARKABLE customer service

Cons

Navigation was hard in the beginning. Some fields were tucked away under different menus.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

Previously used CATS and tried trial for Crelate before re-activating CATS. Was so happy with trial, I stayed.

Steve

Excellence in both functionality and service

The software gets a solid A - very easy, simple, robust, scalable. Customer service an A+ - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, great listener, patient, never tried to "sell" rather constantly looked for ways to be "the solution" helping me/us navigate through an unknown software. Can't say enough good things about his service.

Pros

Extremely "user-friendly", whether that is in the daily usage or customization everything is thought out extremely well. This is software designed FOR end users NOT for technologists, which is very refreshing.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this point, they are aggressively updating and improving listening to their client base.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

Product first then customer service. I did a very "in-depth" write-up for the company I worked with comparing Bullhorn, Crelate, and PC Recruiter advising the purchase of Crelate... sadly that advice was not taken. Crelate is many levels above all others in terms of usability at the customer end - the search functions/power, ability to easily customize at the user or admin level, integration with various email and platforms like Linked In, how it manages the recruiting processes like going through the interviews, record keeping, etc it's just very well thought out.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

Bullhorn - technology made by technologist FOR technologist... not for the end user. Strong/high pressure front end sales pressures, promises made by sales and not fulfilled by their product, short on delivery (implementation took 14 mo's for a company of @35 people + they added a $20+ migration fee to bring over data). Almost twice the price of Crelate with no perceived advantages. They are great at selling but not good at all on end-user functionality. Not one of their team is using it to its capacity currently they are so frustrated. PC Recruiter - Very robust and high tech but not the least bit user friendly. Also more costly. An ATS will only be used if it can be embraced by you and your staff (it has to be easy to use) Zoho - only tried out their trial version but it lacked many desired features I was looking for, might be good for an occasional single user but didn't see the value if building out teams.

A simple user friendly system!

Overall, Crelate is very simple to use! I have used many many ATS and CRM's within the recruiting world and Crelate is by far the easiest system to use!

Pros

Crelate is extremely easy to use! It tracks your searches from lead to completion, with a highlight and drop process as you move from stage to stage. The system design allows you to be able at any time to track where you are in a role . As a Manager, it allows me to easily identify on a daily basis how my team is spending their time. The reporting functions are excellent!

Cons

For business development, the system will not allow you to add two names to an activity at a time. If I have had a meeting with 3 people I have to put the note in 3 times , under each person.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

price and ability to switch over faster

Reasons for switching to Crelate

Deskflow was constantly going down!

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that Crelate Talent is helping you in the everyday management of your team. Have you tried our bulk activity assignment feature? That may save you the effort of copying the same note three times. You can learn more here: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120296-creating-a-bulk-activity, or contact our support team (443-569-8262 Ext. 2) and ask them about "Creating a Bulk Activity".

Brian

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Why Did We Wait So Long!?

Pros

(AllSearch is a 20 Person Professional Direct Hire Company). Ladies and Gentlemen of Crelate, all of you deserve some seriously high praise. Starting with whose initial Demo and considerable Q&A (he was very patient with us, no pressure) helped us realize that this system we'd never heard of was worth top 3 consideration against some very name brand players, during a time we were looking at literally 8 other Recruiting CRM/ATS vendors. Then on to the support staff whose incredible knowledge of both the system and industry thus able to act as a real business analyst and internal systems consultant. And last but not least to the support staff who took an incredibly complex legacy database we'd been running for nearly 20 years, made sense of it, and worked it successful into Crelate like a data magician. I swear it felt like everyone I dealt with at Crelate could just read my read my mind at every turn, I never felt rushed, or frustrated, or like “just 1 of 1000 clients”. You took a topic we'd been avoiding for years, conversion/migration of an enormous legacy database, and made it a breeze. My only regret is having waited so long to modernize our Recruiting ATS/CRM system to Crelate. Perhaps most telling, one of my favorite Day 1 comments from a new user of the Crelate..."This is SO CRAZY AWESOME!". I couldn't agree more. A common sentiment I mentioned to the folks during the migration planning/training was "have you guys thought of everything?!", it really seems as if they have.

Cons

Nothing negative whatsoever to speak of yet. We migrated/converted over the course of the summer, went live on schedule a few weeks ago, with zero problems, and in the first two weeks, the general sentiment is the Title of this Review. Employees are thrilled, metrics are WAY up. Why, oh why, did we wait so long to migrate our core Recruiting ATS/CRM to a more modern platform. Granted it's the honeymoon period, but, so far, the Recruiting life is much better on Crelate.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

On top of the best Demo and the most detailed answers/time given to us during follow up, there was absolutely no sales pressure, no tricks, no tough terms. As strong as any other system we demo'd, with the best combo of pricing, terms, and far and away the most helpful, knowledgeable staff. We were able to speak with Sales, Service, Analysts, and Developers, right from the beginning, no pressure, nobody was too busy for us, everyone was there to help and educate us. After reviewing 8 systems, and finalizing 3, Crelate was chosen by the 5 member decision committee, unanimously.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

Looking for a modern web based core ATS/CRM for our 20 person Direct Hire Professional Recruiting company. After considerable evaluation, Crelate was the winner.

BEST ATS I've seen in 25 years in the industry!

Crelate has streamlined our business process and workflows and empowered us to grow.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive interface allows new users to quickly adapt, reducing onboarding and integration of team members. Crelate's licensing/pricing and provisioning model provides the flexibility to run my business as I need to, vs other ATS providers who force me to make decisions based on their terms. The metrics available are endless and are quickly and easily accessible. The data provided empowers me to track performance and lead more effectively. Crelate's ridiculously easy customization across the board ensures that Crelate molds to our needs without headaches. Crelate's highly flexible search capabilities also allow us to find what we need, wherever it is, quickly and easily. Data capture, either manually, automated or parsed is also fast and effective. Training and support are always rapid and just a phone call or e-mail away. Crelate's team is continually rolling out new features and updates in a manner that is not at all disruptive and always adds value. I'm afraid if I say that Crelate has been WELL WORTH our investment that they'll start to raise prices!!! Though it is true. As one who has investigated seemingly countless ATS, Crelate stands out as the BEST I've ever seen.

Cons

There are only two cons. The first is inherent in any great and robust ATS and is NOT really a Con: there are so many features and capabilities I have no doubt that we are underutilizing the power of this tool. While their training and support tools are fabulous I just haven't had the time to really DIVE IN to maximize the capabilities of Crelate. The second is a Con: Crelate has room to improve its ability to manage duplicates. While user error certainly contributes to the creation of duplicates, I have seen other ATS' with better duplicate management tools. That said, when a duplicate is detected it is extremely easy to seamlessly and quickly merge the duplicate records.

Elizabeth

Crelate New User

So far, I enjoy the organization Crelate offers, this is a site truly made for recruiters.

Pros

I like the dashboard view, it organizes your jobs, and activates, nice way to glace and understand your current recruiting state as well as the reports that are offered.

Cons

I did not enjoy the implementation process, so many small details that was broken down into multiple sessions, very time consuming. For pay $750 I thought the implementation/configurations would be taken care of for us and then we would be trained but that was not the case. 2 weeks to get through the process. Our specialist was great, she was very patient and very enthusiastic.

Reasons for choosing Crelate

It offered more than big biller, the job board integration, email configuration, and sales tracking. Overall the ATS CRM options are great.

Reasons for switching to Crelate

JazzHR did not offer CRM and did not provide qualified candidates.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for your review of Crelate. I also use the dashboard view and the reports a fair amount to organize myself and to make quick informed decisions. As we are always looking to improve, having direct and honest feedback about a user's experience is valuable. I will make sure to share your experience with the implementation team.

Replied February 2021