• Pros

• "Very intuitive and easy to use and learn. I was able to use it my first day."

• "It is easy to use. It does not take long to figure it out."

• "Extremely user friendly and has a great deal of features that are easy to implement and utilize. Highly recommend!"

• Cons

• "There have been some mild glitches here and there that can make things a bit tricky, but the Crelate team has been very helpful and proficient in getting them resolved. "

• "The only thing I hope they add it to be able to return an email out of the system. All your emails are tracked but you can't respond to an email from the system. Otherwise....it's awesome. "

• "The training tools within Crelate are okay, not great. Consequently, I had to reach out to the support team occasionally, and they were extremely helpful and resopnsive. "

Browse Crelate Reviews

Eric from Catalyst Recruiting

Crelate Talent - by a recruiter

I can track jobs, candidate progress, status, etc, very very easily The customer service is great. A bit slow - no one is there when you call - but they call you back, are very friendly and very thorough

Pros

1. Implementation consists....of a few minutes of work with the support team to get going 2. They can do a data conversion fairly quickly. 3. Learning to get started in it in is fast and intuitive. Then, as you learn more about it and figure out how to do things better, you can change what you do - and your prior work is not completely messed up! 4. Integration with my company website and with job boards is simply fantastic

Cons

Data conversion is expensive - but, I guess, so is everyones....

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

I compared features and reviews, then discarded Zoho, as the others were more in line with what i wanted. I then trialed Big Biller, PCRecruiter and Crelate and found Crelate to match what i need, has intuitive interface and is expandable to some interesting new features.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

I really wanted an up to date SaaS platform that made it simple for me to see what is going on. Crelate does that!

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I must agree with you about your third point. Being able to evolve your process, and keep your prior work, is something I have become thankful for too.

Juli from The Smith Consulting Group, LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy to use software with great features

Overall, it's been a good experience and I would and have recommended the software to many firms in my network.

Pros

We love the search pipelines and the ability to quickly' drop and drag' candidates through the stages. We also love the integration with RingCentral and other apps on the market that make using it very easy. This software is one of the easier ones on the market to customize to your own internal work flow. It's also easy to add people to the database from other sites such as LinkedIn.

Cons

I haven't been able to get the CRM portion of the software to work for our workflow. Crelate sells itself as an ATS and a CRM but CRM part isn't as easy to integrate- at least in manner in which we use it.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

When Invenias was acquired by Bullhorn we did not want to stick around to see if it would be another acquisition like Sendouts and Maxhire where they stopped servicing the software so you were forced to switch to Bullhorn anyway. Also, Invenias was supposed to have integrated click-to-dial and never did because they were in the process of being acquired.

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

Wow, so much to be thankful for with this review. First, thank you for taking the time to write a review and second, thank you for recommending us to others in your network. It is great to see that the easy workflow management, RingCentral integration, and free parsing tool are working so well for you. It is a bummer to hear that the CRM is not functioning how you would like it to. When you have the time, I would ask that you reach out to our support team 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, or support@crelate.com, and see if they can get you set you up how you want/need.

Brendan from Altru Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Crelate is fast, nimble and easy to use and their people are AMAZING

on a scale of 1/10 it was an 11. We are a small recruiting firm and I felt like they cared about your team and our success. It was also apparent that Crelate cares about their employees and sets them up for success. As a recruiter I refuse to set a person up for failure.

Pros

When I logged on for the trial I IMMEDIATELY noticed it was exponentially faster than Bullhorn. I also experienced how easy it was to use and knew we had to make the switch.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can think of that Crelate's recent update did not address.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

It was better software and their people cared about our team.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Ease of use and how fast the software is. Bullhorn also did not equip it's client-facing team to success and I feel they did good people a career disservice by hiring them.

Matt from CCS IT

Review of Crelate ATS

Lack luster. It get the job done most of the time, but would like to see a more robust product offering and user friendly UI.

Pros

Quick and easy to deploy compared to competitors in the market. Easier to administer than similar products.

Cons

Product support is lacking. Very difficult to get the support when you need it, and there is limited training information available. There pricing is on the high side for the level of product you get. The UI feels and looks very dated and is not as intuitive as some of their direct competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

It was already in use when I joined the company and we renewed our contract because the expense and time to move to an alternate product was put on hold due to COVID.

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback will be shared with the company and used to help us improve.

Elizabeth from Electrical Automation Services

Crelate New User

So far, I enjoy the organization Crelate offers, this is a site truly made for recruiters.

Pros

I like the dashboard view, it organizes your jobs, and activates, nice way to glace and understand your current recruiting state as well as the reports that are offered.

Cons

I did not enjoy the implementation process, so many small details that was broken down into multiple sessions, very time consuming. For pay $750 I thought the implementation/configurations would be taken care of for us and then we would be trained but that was not the case. 2 weeks to get through the process. Our specialist was great, she was very patient and very enthusiastic.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

It offered more than big biller, the job board integration, email configuration, and sales tracking. Overall the ATS CRM options are great.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

JazzHR did not offer CRM and did not provide qualified candidates.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review of Crelate. I also use the dashboard view and the reports a fair amount to organize myself and to make quick informed decisions. As we are always looking to improve, having direct and honest feedback about a user's experience is valuable. I will make sure to share your experience with the implementation team.

Ron from Bell Falls Search & Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best ATS for recruiting firms!

I couldn't be more happy with the transition to Crelate from our previous product. Their team truly understands the problems we are trying to solve and is extremely responsive. Their feature set continues to increase rapidly and is always very relevant.

Pros

Several items: - ease of configuration and customization - profile parsing from LinkedIn - job board management / website integration - email sync and candidate communication management - analytics - speed and relevance of new feature release - extensive help resources, training videos, etc.

Cons

- exporting data is not straightforward and requires additional vendor developer cost -

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

- Features, Functionality, Sales Process, Transparency into current state vs future state of product

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

- lack of feature & functionality evolution in previous product - sporadic customer service

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is awesome to see how our tools, features, and trainings are helping to make your work easier.

Brittny from Bloomfield and Company

Intuitive Powerful Software

Pros

We were one of the first users of Crelate and it has really done wonders for my billing and productivity. It is clean, intuitive and extremely user-friendly. The customer service is rapid and patient. It can be used for simplistic applicant tracking to powerful data-searching and captures a ton of important information. I would be lost without it and cannot imagine who we operated pre-Crelate.

Cons

I wish that we had the option to gray out positions when they're on "hold" or not hot anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

No one was using it in my office and it was very clunky and not user friendly.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has been a privilege to work with your company for all these years. It makes me happy to know that our product continues to both serve and delight you. Your idea of being able to gray out a position that is "on hold" or "cooled off" is an interesting one. I will make sure to bring that up with our developers.

Chris from Workforce Genetics

No regrets

I purchased Crelate Talent as soon as I opened my new recruiting business and I haven't looked back. It's been an overall great experience and the product continues to evolve with great new features and benefits that we actually use. I highly recommend it for any other growing search firm.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, which means it's easy to train recruiters on and it's easy for them to incorporate into their workflows.

Cons

The reporting and analytics features take a bit of playing with to get used to and to set them up the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

I had a great experience with the people at Crelate Talent and the product seemed so intuitive to use that it was a no brainer.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that your training and onboarding of new recruiters is made easier with the intuitive nature of our software. If you ever need support with the training, we offer a daily New User webinar and have some great New User guide at help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120316-new-user-guide

robert from Proven Process Group

Regular User

Very good

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, and cloud based.

Cons

Like most software its a challenge to really get the best out of it.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

Enjoyed the customer service, ease of use, price

Response from Crelate

Replied September 2020

Thank you for taking time to write this review and for acknowledging our customer service team. They are a wonderful group who work hard to find the right solution for each person they are helping.

adele from Royal Braun

Crelate is great! User friendly and easy to collaborate

Pros

Easy to use and easy to collaborate. The tags are helpful and I love that I can BCC emails and have them upload on a candidate's profile.

Cons

I wish I could FWD emails and have them upload to a candidates' profile. I don't like that it has to be a BCC in my response because I often forget or the candidate ends the convo and I want to plug in their reply.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

I switched companies. I MUCH prefer Crelate to Encore.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Being able to forward emails to the candidate profile is a great suggestion to enhance our journaling functionality. I will pass it on to the development team. Thank you.

Steve from The Search Offices

Excellence in both functionality and service

The software gets a solid A - very easy, simple, robust, scalable. Customer service an A+ - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, great listener, patient, never tried to "sell" rather constantly looked for ways to be "the solution" helping me/us navigate through an unknown software. Can't say enough good things about his service.

Pros

Extremely "user-friendly", whether that is in the daily usage or customization everything is thought out extremely well. This is software designed FOR end users NOT for technologists, which is very refreshing.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this point, they are aggressively updating and improving listening to their client base.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

Product first then customer service. I did a very "in-depth" write-up for the company I worked with comparing Bullhorn, Crelate, and PC Recruiter advising the purchase of Crelate... sadly that advice was not taken. Crelate is many levels above all others in terms of usability at the customer end - the search functions/power, ability to easily customize at the user or admin level, integration with various email and platforms like Linked In, how it manages the recruiting processes like going through the interviews, record keeping, etc it's just very well thought out.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Bullhorn - technology made by technologist FOR technologist... not for the end user. Strong/high pressure front end sales pressures, promises made by sales and not fulfilled by their product, short on delivery (implementation took 14 mo's for a company of @35 people + they added a $20+ migration fee to bring over data). Almost twice the price of Crelate with no perceived advantages. They are great at selling but not good at all on end-user functionality. Not one of their team is using it to its capacity currently they are so frustrated. PC Recruiter - Very robust and high tech but not the least bit user friendly. Also more costly. An ATS will only be used if it can be embraced by you and your staff (it has to be easy to use) Zoho - only tried out their trial version but it lacked many desired features I was looking for, might be good for an occasional single user but didn't see the value if building out teams.

A simple user friendly system!

Overall, Crelate is very simple to use! I have used many many ATS and CRM's within the recruiting world and Crelate is by far the easiest system to use!

Pros

Crelate is extremely easy to use! It tracks your searches from lead to completion, with a highlight and drop process as you move from stage to stage. The system design allows you to be able at any time to track where you are in a role . As a Manager, it allows me to easily identify on a daily basis how my team is spending their time. The reporting functions are excellent!

Cons

For business development, the system will not allow you to add two names to an activity at a time. If I have had a meeting with 3 people I have to put the note in 3 times , under each person.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

price and ability to switch over faster

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Deskflow was constantly going down!

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that Crelate Talent is helping you in the everyday management of your team. Have you tried our bulk activity assignment feature? That may save you the effort of copying the same note three times. You can learn more here: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120296-creating-a-bulk-activity, or contact our support team (443-569-8262 Ext. 2) and ask them about "Creating a Bulk Activity".

Brian from AllSearch Professional Staffing, Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Why Did We Wait So Long!?

Pros

(AllSearch is a 20 Person Professional Direct Hire Company). Ladies and Gentlemen of Crelate, all of you deserve some seriously high praise. Starting with whose initial Demo and considerable Q&A (he was very patient with us, no pressure) helped us realize that this system we'd never heard of was worth top 3 consideration against some very name brand players, during a time we were looking at literally 8 other Recruiting CRM/ATS vendors. Then on to the support staff whose incredible knowledge of both the system and industry thus able to act as a real business analyst and internal systems consultant. And last but not least to the support staff who took an incredibly complex legacy database we'd been running for nearly 20 years, made sense of it, and worked it successful into Crelate like a data magician. I swear it felt like everyone I dealt with at Crelate could just read my read my mind at every turn, I never felt rushed, or frustrated, or like “just 1 of 1000 clients”. You took a topic we'd been avoiding for years, conversion/migration of an enormous legacy database, and made it a breeze. My only regret is having waited so long to modernize our Recruiting ATS/CRM system to Crelate. Perhaps most telling, one of my favorite Day 1 comments from a new user of the Crelate..."This is SO CRAZY AWESOME!". I couldn't agree more. A common sentiment I mentioned to the folks during the migration planning/training was "have you guys thought of everything?!", it really seems as if they have.

Cons

Nothing negative whatsoever to speak of yet. We migrated/converted over the course of the summer, went live on schedule a few weeks ago, with zero problems, and in the first two weeks, the general sentiment is the Title of this Review. Employees are thrilled, metrics are WAY up. Why, oh why, did we wait so long to migrate our core Recruiting ATS/CRM to a more modern platform. Granted it's the honeymoon period, but, so far, the Recruiting life is much better on Crelate.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

On top of the best Demo and the most detailed answers/time given to us during follow up, there was absolutely no sales pressure, no tricks, no tough terms. As strong as any other system we demo'd, with the best combo of pricing, terms, and far and away the most helpful, knowledgeable staff. We were able to speak with Sales, Service, Analysts, and Developers, right from the beginning, no pressure, nobody was too busy for us, everyone was there to help and educate us. After reviewing 8 systems, and finalizing 3, Crelate was chosen by the 5 member decision committee, unanimously.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Looking for a modern web based core ATS/CRM for our 20 person Direct Hire Professional Recruiting company. After considerable evaluation, Crelate was the winner.

John from J.N. Solutions, LLC

BEST ATS I've seen in 25 years in the industry!

Crelate has streamlined our business process and workflows and empowered us to grow.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive interface allows new users to quickly adapt, reducing onboarding and integration of team members. Crelate's licensing/pricing and provisioning model provides the flexibility to run my business as I need to, vs other ATS providers who force me to make decisions based on their terms. The metrics available are endless and are quickly and easily accessible. The data provided empowers me to track performance and lead more effectively. Crelate's ridiculously easy customization across the board ensures that Crelate molds to our needs without headaches. Crelate's highly flexible search capabilities also allow us to find what we need, wherever it is, quickly and easily. Data capture, either manually, automated or parsed is also fast and effective. Training and support are always rapid and just a phone call or e-mail away. Crelate's team is continually rolling out new features and updates in a manner that is not at all disruptive and always adds value. I'm afraid if I say that Crelate has been WELL WORTH our investment that they'll start to raise prices!!! Though it is true. As one who has investigated seemingly countless ATS, Crelate stands out as the BEST I've ever seen.

Cons

There are only two cons. The first is inherent in any great and robust ATS and is NOT really a Con: there are so many features and capabilities I have no doubt that we are underutilizing the power of this tool. While their training and support tools are fabulous I just haven't had the time to really DIVE IN to maximize the capabilities of Crelate. The second is a Con: Crelate has room to improve its ability to manage duplicates. While user error certainly contributes to the creation of duplicates, I have seen other ATS' with better duplicate management tools. That said, when a duplicate is detected it is extremely easy to seamlessly and quickly merge the duplicate records.

Elaine from Banyan Search

Best ATS we have ever used

Crelate has added to our productivity. Their customer service is best in class, and I don’t know how we recruited without this platform. We are a small boutique firm and I can tell you any small firm should definitely use this product. They will treat you with respect and help ensure their product works for you. That was not the experience we had with other large and well known recruiting software. You will not regret using Crelate!

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. Additionally product very easy to use with a great customer interface. Wonderful interface with job boards and other recruiting platforms.

Cons

Sometimes can’t use wildcards in certain fields for searches. Also new company files are created with parsed resumes which leads to messy/invalid company files.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

Product interface, customer support, value

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Bullhorn was so complex that we needed an IT department to customize for our business. We don’t have an IT department. Crelate worked with us very seamlessly.

Zach from Skillwork

Good ATS System

Overall, Crelate is a very solid ATS with a functional CRM. I think there are a lot of great features in the program that make the use and functionality of it very good. I think there are a couple limitations on the back end but overall I would recommend this program to other users.

Pros

The candidate and task tracking along with the reporting and analytics features are the most functional and have been perfected. These are the features I have used the most.

Cons

I think there are limitations with outside integrations for various things. For testing, sourcing, etc. There are some limitations for integrations.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for drawing attention to our reporting and analytics functionality. It is a powerful tool that we have worked hard to make relevant to the Recruiting and Staffing industry, intuitive for the user, and valuable in the running of a business. As we continue to grow and expand our integrations, we are always looking for what our users want. If you have any suggestions, or questions, about integrations, I encourage you to visit help.crelate.com, or contact support using the help button in the app.

Crelate is User Friendly and Comprehensive!

Pros

To start, we switched over from another system and the pros at Crelate were spot on in transferring our data in its entirety from our old product! It automatically gave us a great feeling to find what we needed that we had almost a fluid transfer from our old ATS to this one. It is intuitively easy to use. For any professional who has worked with database software, or ATS systems already, the designers of Crelate have made it easy to understand and use from the moment you log in. "How do I do this?" is not as large a concern while navigating and adding data, creating and solving tasks and tracking and scheduling candidates, searches and clients! Additionally, it looks great! Some systems bring too much information to the head of a pin leaving you to wonder about how to find and retrieve information rapidly. Not so with Crelate! The screen you see the moment you log in allows you to breeze in and get what you need. It customizes on the fly! You are allowed to create new jobs, tags, categories, skills in this ever-changing world. Its ease of functionality makes it a perfect partner for other systems and software you use! I can send messages that appear in my sent box. Schedule appointments that end up in my outlook calendar. Create jobs that end up on the boards that I am already contracted to work with! The "help" feature of the system has answered my questions with great clarity that we needed almost no training to get started.

Cons

Candidates update their resumes all the time and move jobs more rapidly than they used to. When they send me a new resume, I wish I could parse all the new data into an existing record automatically and not have to do it manually. That is not available. When asked, I would have to create a new record and then merge the two together. That isn't as fluid I wish it could be.

Jon from Bamboo Talent

Amazing product for recruiting agencies and executive search firms

A+ We're big fans! I highly recommend Crelate.

Pros

Crelate is top notch. It is BY FAR the best recruiting platform for agencies that I've used or tested. The product is highly customizable to your needs and has a ton of features. Better yet, the Crelate team is constantly hard at work building & releasing new features that improve usability and functionality. It's also priced very fairly and their customer service is attentive, responsive and helpful.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints about Crelate. It works well and is virtually bug free. If there is one con it's that the platform is not tailored to executive search processes. However, we stretched it for this purpose and never found ourselves wanting.

Barbara from HiRe Solutions

Highly Recommend

Rep. handled our migration. He was genius! Such a great analyst and made so many observations that helped me with the setup. I am shocked at how perfect the information migrated from MaxHire. It is seamless. I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess! This time it is perfect. Rep. has been helping me with the onboarding and is doing a great job as well! The entire team is fantastic.

Pros

Crelate is an excellent software. I moved from MaxHire (Bullhorn) to Crelate. I looked at 4 other systems before choosing Crelate and I'm so glad I made this choice. Brittanie was so patient with me and took her time to show me benefits and features of the SW. In fact, I actually had 3 phone demos with her and she did an amazing job. All the SW vendors I looked at demoed at least 2 or 3 times before I made up my mind. I love how easily you can customize Crelate. Your own workflow, your own activities, your own special items you need to know like travel, citizenship status, relo, desired locations for relo, etc. Do yourself a favor and test drive this product; you will love it!!

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

All the features, custom capabilities and ease of use. AND Brittanie made a big difference. All of the staff I've encountered so far are great!

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Bullhorn is no longer supporting MH. The writing is on the wall! My emails from Outlook 10 were no longer being imported to MH so I had to copy and paste everything into MH for nearly a month +. Everything slowly started to 'NOT work anymore'. I was told to move to an earlier version of Outlook to solve the problem. ahhhh......no.

Rose from Venor

Overall Satisfied

Overall my experience has been good. Anytime I have had a question I always received a thorough answer quickly.

Pros

It is very intuitive. It was easy to pick up. When I wanted to find something, the most logical place to find the answer was where the answer was.

Cons

I don't not like how the systems don't talk to each. If I upload a fee agreement to a specific job, I want it to also upload into the company's file. When I add a website file in the job, I would want it to also upload to the company page so I am not duplicating my efforts. Also the address for individuals and company's is all American, I would like it to also populate for Canada.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

We really like the work flow and the ability to link it with LinkedIn and use the social media option to search people.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

The previous product was not as user friendly.

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Thank you for the review and for the feedback. It is great to hear that the intuitive nature of the software and the easy workflow management make your day run smoother. I will pass along your request for enhanced cross system communication and Canadian addresses. If you have other insights you would like to share, please reach out to our support team. They work closely with the development team to shape future projects.

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Drag and Drop functionality. US-based Support

Wanted a drag/drop feature/functionality

Richard from Moss Search

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent, best experience ever with an ATS software firm

This is the very best ATS software on the market for a contingency or retained search firm.

Pros

For a recruiter, it's always about the interface and workflow. Can I quickly see and get to all the information I need to multitask with multiple clients and candidates.? The answer in the case is a resounding YES! Crelate does that far better than everyone else for me. The second thing it does better than any ATS I have ever used is automation of repetitive tasks. You can actually customize your own workflow. The interface allows you to drag and drop between stages. It will send out automated, customized emails at each stage of the recruiting process. It allows me to work quickly, efficiently, the way I want to work. It's a beautiful thing. The third thing is a reactive mobile app that works very well - it adapts to each device I use, tablet, phone, etc. One last thing, I have never in my 25-year career using ATS software had a company be so responsive to requests for help and new features. A few weeks ago (weeks!) I asked for a new feature that required the developers to make changes to their mobile app. It was a very important change for my business, but because it involved changes to an app, I assumed it would take months to get on the list of changes for their next release. I am happy to say that I was wrong, and their quick response was the best service I have ever experienced from an ATS software firm.

Dawn from Diverse Recruiting Experts

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Crelate Review from Recruiting Firm that does more than just contingent recruiting engagements

I have worked with Crelate for the last 3+ years and have found it easy to work with as a user and an administrator. As our company has grown our needs with regards to activity tracking and reporting have grown as well. Crelate has allowed us to easily make additions/changes. It is customizable and that has definitely proven to be helpful for us.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Crelate. Additionally, our team utilizes Crelate to track candidates not only for contingent searches but also for our sourcing/recruiting hourly engagements. Different types of engagements require different types of activity tracking and reporting. Crelate is a tool that can accommodate the diversity of our needs.

Cons

I do wish that Crelate had a more robust candidate campaign capability. Having the ability to easily establish and maintain drip campaigns with candidates could be useful.

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Knowing that the customization have been helpful to you as you grow is awesome. We love to hear stories of the different ways our customers are using our product. Your suggestion of how to improve our campaign capabilities will be passed along. If you have other suggestions, or ideas, drop us a line. We us our customer feedback to drive our roadmap. Thank you.

mark from Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc.

Xtra Effort review of Crelate Software

Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc. is a 16 year Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success recruiting firm for enterprise technology companies. We have a national reach. The diverse nature of our client requirements make it imperative that we are agile when responding to super specific requests around candidate tenure, technical skills, industry knowledge, performance metrics, location, career stability, and countless other soft traits. Our challenge, as a contingency based search firm, is providing enough "high touch" service to satisfy each client's nuanced request, while maintaining enough velocity and volume to continuously feed the candidate and client pipeline. A flexible, reliable, and powerful Applicant Tracking System is critical to achieve these goals. Crelate was suggested to Xtra Effort by another small recruiting firm. We were hesitant to consider change because of the fear of disruption associated with the data conversion and learning curve. However, these fears were alleviated when speaking with Crelate, mostly for two reasons: 1) Crelate's technology is intuitive, flexible, and really well designed 2) Crelate's people are SUPER responsive, thoughtful, creative, and resourceful Crelate made Xtra Effort feel as though we were a 1000 employee prospect. They made every perceived major hurdle go away through listening and making resourceful suggestions. We agreed to convert to Crelate and had the same favorable experience during the conversion and training period, and with the post conversion support organization. Mostly importantly, Xtra Effort users are now offering unsolicited comments about productivity gains. Xtra Effort would definitely suggest Crelate if you feel a need for improved value and function from your ATS technology AND vendor team. It is fantastic to truly valued as a customer by the vendor who is most critical to supporting our efforts. Contingency recruiting is challenging, it is nice to know that such an important partner cares and "has your back"

Cons

It would be great to have "required fields", forcing users to enter information on critical areas; and it would be helpful to limit users to specific pick lists, and not enable them to enter any data they want

Kathy from Libertas Group

KC's 2 cents...

I really like it! I find it much easier /more intuitive than our old system. I love the tile lay-out in the Search Dashboard. That really helps me see what I need to do and who I need to follow up with quickly. Very happy so far! (But still a new user.)

Pros

I love the brief video tutorials and outlines of how to do everything! You can look up exactly what you want to do and find a 3 minute video to show you how to do it. You don't have to listen to a 30 minute webinar. They also have diagrams to walk you through it. They have it broken down nicely for you.

Cons

So this could be user error (on my part)...But I do not find it easy to toggle back and forth between candidate documents. For example, I may want to have a candidate's CV open as well as their cover letter as well as the job spec notes for the position I want to discuss. I can't seem to have all three open and toggle back and forth in Crelate. I have to download each one and then do my toggling in Word.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

It was not my decision...But the main reason for my nod to Crelate was the tutorial videos and diagrams.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

It was not my decision...But I believe the overall reason was ease of use and the additional training features. Our old system had some great features...But nobody knew how to use them and we had been using the system for a decade.

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Wow, what a rich review. Thank you. I agree, webinars are good for big pictures, but when trying to get work done- short tutorial videos are where its at. Your idea for having multiple documents open for viewing is a good one. I am going to see if I can task a developer to look into that for future improvement. If you have other ideas, questions, or suggestion please reach out to our Customer Success team. They are great at finding solutions and have a direct line to our Product Development team.

Works for me!

Overall, it's really grown alongside our company. I find it looks a little old school and childish but at the end of the day it does what I need and I don't really have any complaints!

Pros

I like that it is customizable, I work at a start-up that has grown quickly and as we grew we needed to lock down better processes and tracking. We were able to use Crelate to build out those processes and integrate it with our email and accounting software. It's great as an ATS and also functions as our CRM. I also like how you can pin things to the top, make fields optional and required easily to ensure you are getting the information that is most important while also making it so you don't need to spend time inputting insane amounts of tedious information.

Cons

I don't love the look of it, I know that is silly but hey I'm working in it almost 8 hours each day! It has some issues with formatting, if you copy a job description from word or google docs into the job description field it removes formatting. I also don't like how if you assign yourself a task, anyone in the company can see it and mark it complete - you will need to track your tasks elsewhere.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. Below is a link to an article that should help with formatting issues. If you have other questions, please reach out to us at support@crelate.com, we are always happy to help. https://crelate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024320052-Clean-Formatting

Daily Use

Overall so far Crelate has been a decent CRM - ATS I would just say be cautions when migrating and ask lots of questions as you go!

Pros

Crelate offers many features and there are multiple ways to work in the system making it much easier to taylor to each users specific liking.

Cons

When merging into Crelate it will create companies for "past employers" which HIGHLY increased the number of inactive companies we not have mixed in with our data.

Marcus from Voy Ventures

6 month review

good

Pros

i like the interface and it is user friendly.

Cons

i wish there was more automatic functions - like if i drag a candidate to the interiew bit, i wish it would send out a calender invite and log it as an interview. and searching could be more efficient. sometimes my canddiates to come up in the search if i type their full name (but shows up if i put first or last name). also wish i could search in a resume

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2019

First off, thank you for taking the time to write this review. You have some great ideas, valid concerns, and good suggestions in here that will be passed along to our developers. We do have some big releases over the next few months, some of which directly affect how our search functions. If you are curious about what we have coming up, you can always visit our roadmap page (https://www.crelate.com/roadmap). Also, if you have other suggestions of functionality you would like to see incorporated into Crelate Talent, please reach out to us. Our customers are the greatest drivers behind our innovations.

June 2016

Renee from Turning Point Search

June 2016

Easy up and running

Pros

User interface is simple to understand and user-friendly. You are able to drag and drop candidates into customizable stages on job orders, as well as quickly add notes and filter on activity. Features customizable activity types and icons. Support is available in-app, and tickets are addresses promptly by staff in the U.S. Ability to add custom tag categories and tags for skills, candidate preferences, etc. 5 customizable candidate information fields. Search is robust, and you can filter search on documents (and each customizable document type), activities, tags, etc. Job postings can be pushed to company's website as well as free industry boards. There is a companion app to retrieve/add information from mobile device. Basically for the money this is the best solution for our small business.

Cons

I really haven't come across anything I don't like. We haven't gotten into reporting capabilities so I can't comment on the effectiveness. Also I haven't been able to complete the advanced email setup for bulk messaging - there are some issues with my ISP that I'm not technical enough to resolve and support at Crelate hasn't been able to resolve either, however I haven't really pushed the matter as it's a feature I haven't needed to use.

Colin from Blue Rock Search

Clean and intuitive UI; would like better mobile app and more customization capabilities

Excellent. This software is night-and-day versus other recruiting softwares I've utilized.

Pros

- Very clean and organized user interface - Highly intuitive/ easy to navigate - Easy import capabilities (i.e. from LinkedIn, etc.)

Cons

- Limited customization (i.e. of tiles, headers, etc.) - would like for the Mobile App to have more functionality

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

SmartSearch is cheap but terrible quality

Rebecca from Beneficial Talent Source

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I learn something new about Crelate every day

Overall, it has gotten better and better over time. I have been using it for over two years now and I look forward to the updates to see what new features or improvements have been implemented.

Pros

Crelate has recently added a feature which allows you to create an activity on multiple contacts at one time. This is something I have been waiting for! They ask for feedback, listen and then implement new features on a regular basis!

Cons

Too frequently, there are multiple profiles of the same contact. Also, when you import a resume it creates a company based on the most recent employer on the resume; unfortunately, since people call the same company many things, you have different profiles for the same company.

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

I am so happy that the bulk activity feature is what you were wanting (we are pleased with it too). Our development team took the comments and suggestions to heart when designing it. The creation of multiple records can certainly be frustrating. Please contact our support team, 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, and they will try and help you configure the duplicate detection to mitigate this issue.

well thought out product

I have used it with two different companies and love the ease and functionality. I feel like it saves me time and keeps me organized.

Pros

I like Crelate's clean format and the ability to adjust tabs etc easily. Some other ATS tools are very busy with WAY too many steps or click to see the items. Their task tool is also helpful to avoid using post-it notes.

Cons

No real issues except search can be improved

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your review of Crelate. We believe that the simple aesthetic is just as valuable as powerful software.

Doug from TGRP Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I have used a bunch of different recruiting CRM databases--So far Crelate ismy favorite

Overall it's been great for what I do on a day to day basis

Pros

It works! Almost never any downtime. Extremely intuitive and easy for a new user like our entire office to pick up. Lot's of robust features that help me do my job, the templates are great for client communication (although I wish we could customize the 'Client Company Name' to be 'First Word of Client Company Name' so it comes off less formal and SPAMMY)

Cons

I'm on the BD side so for me: Importing contacts from LI defaults to a candidate so you have to be careful to click Client...When you type in a company name in the search feature and it brings up companies, JO's, etc., if you hit enter too fast it will bring an odd result of emails that have that company somewhere in the email...I wish on a contact list the columns that have the 'Current Position' were separated from the company name and their job title--it would be cool to be able to have a large list and separate it quickly between companies and titles. Maybe there is an easy way to do that and we just aren't using it?

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

I was told they wanted to utilize a system that was tailored specifically to the recruiting and staff business. So far I think we are very happy with it.

October 2015

Shannon from Velocity Search Parnters

October 2015

Clean, simple, powerful, great for external exec search

What do you like best? beautiful design, clean, simple CRM interface. lots of customization available for the admin (like enabling custom workflow stages and names of stages that we define we can change ourselves). amazing Crelate team: dev team & customer service team are super responsive to questions, requests for help and product features, and training on demand. the product has so far managed not to get too 'heavy' like most recruiting tools eventually tend to to when trying to be all things to all people. Crelate works best in my opinion for boutique external firm (vendors) who need to be able to easily customize things, and not for internal (corporate). What do you dislike? the product is still young so it's obviously a work in progress. this is not a criticism; we signed up post-beta knowing there would be iteration but well worth the trade off because we have influence as the product matures. we love having this opportunity. search tools and results, (ranking, relevance) need to be better and this is also a work in progress. all of the things that could be better are things the team is aware of and are addressing with each new release. weekly office hour for all users with a customer service rep would be awesome (via joinme or zoom or whatever tool). the current solution is a candidate relationship management solution, but there is not yet a great client relationship management feature or a workflow that supports business development / prospecting/ sales process but i would love that some day. Recommendations to others considering the product if you are a recruiting firm looking for a solution, i highly recommend crelate. we love this solution! What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized? we are executive recruiters. so we solve one-of-a-kind talent searches for our clients. every search we do is custom designed within Crelate : our Crelate enables us identify people that we already know of (through search, or through affiliation with another project, etc) , and helps us easily import data on new candidates into one new project . We can see what conversations we've had with candidates in the past and outcomes of those. we can move candidates through the workflow and activities of a search project logically, using our unique labels & language.

Simplicity is beauty!

Overall, Crelate is also a good ATS. This is good for not a full cycle recruiting

Pros

I like the simplicity of this Applicant Tracking System. Not the kind of ATS on mainstream but is worth your money. It is user-friendly. There is room for errors, you can delete/change the tagging anytime you want. Crelate Talent also has a feature when you post your job, it will be posted on other different job boards like ZipRecruiter, Indeed, etc. When you post your jobs, you can automatically post your job on these platforms too.

Cons

Lately, they are having maintenance that makes the software really slow. Though upgrades is for the better but still affects the productivity of recruiters.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

I change company they are using different ATS

Lissa from Comprehensive Therapy Consultants

Crelate Talent

Prior to getting Crelate we had only HR software which didn't function well as an applicant tracking system. Crelate has helped so much. We now can make sure people don't slip through the cracks. It keeps us organized and multiple people can see what's going on with our candidates and where they are in the hiring process. Customer service has been helpful and responsive.

Pros

I like the ability to quickly look at the home page and see notes left about applicants by my colleagues and myself. I like the ability to create tasks for myself and others. We have just started using the mass emailing and will try out texting too. This is very useful. The system helps me stay organized with candidates for multiple jobs at all times.

Cons

I don't like how you have to scroll down to view the open jobs. I have multiple pages of openings and it's annoying. I only like one home page view, the other views are too visually cluttered in my opinion. The nice thing is you are able to change the view.

Francisco from Prediktive

Bestu customization ever

It's an excellent ATS. 9/10

Pros

The level of customization is impressive. It has PLENTY of very useful features to design the exact dashboard you need. That was the thing a really loved about Crelate.

Cons

It's not linked to any kind of technical online tests services, so that it would facilitate the integration and data transfer. Being used for IT profiles, it's KEY during the recruitment process to evaluate technically this candidates. And we lost a lot of time attaching documents and adding notes with the tests results for example. I would work a lot on that to improve IT recruiters experience.

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that the program's customization is working out so well for you and that you are able to leverage it to your advantage. Your suggestion of an integration to a testing service is a good one. I will pass it along to our product development team, along with the note about such an integration being a draw for IT recruiters. We are always looking for ways to make our product more usable for our customers. If you have other suggestions, please pass them along to your account rep or our support team.

Christian from Elite Source Solutions

Good, not great

We are solving the problem of communication between offices. It allows everyone to know where each job is at in the process of hiring.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and use the software. Putting each candidate into each job that they're potentially interviewing for makes it easy to communicate with people that might be in a different office.

Cons

My least favorite part is not knowing about all of the features available. We went through the initial demo with a salesperson but haven't really kept up with all of it.

It was cheaper.

Thomas from Central Recruiting Partners, LLC

Crelate Talent- BIG BANG FOR THE BUCK!

I was an early adopter and appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback in the early days to make the platform better. Very happy to this day!

Pros

Extremely easy to you, affordable and the customer service/support is outstanding.

Cons

Nothing that I find that I do not like. I have no complaints!

Ease and price

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

Thank you for writing this review and for being with us for all these years.

Yes! Crelate!

Accessible platform, easy to search database, easily customization, time saving features, integrated with job boards and other browser embedded tools help us save time when recruiting for our clients.

Pros

A web based solution that is affordable allows my team to access the same information from multiple locations. This in itself makes it a much better solution for a small business like ours to be competitive in the marketplace. Additional features make everyday recruiting much more efficient. Am sooo glad I found this product!

Cons

Like all specialty platforms, it takes some learning. I learned about some features from other users. The up front training and set up was helpful, but on-going training would be really helpful. There are many videos available, but it would be nice to get regular emails from the company with topics like "did you know you could do this..."

Ellen from Sheer Recruiting

Extremely Valueable tool for Recruiting agencies

I love Crelate, use it on an hourly basis.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. It helps me manage both the candidate and client facing side of the business and customize almost any pipeline and report.

Cons

Since there are so many different facets, it took a bit longer to get up to speed on the product, but once I did, its very user intuitive. Also, the mobile app needs more work to get it to where the desktop product is.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Bullhorn felt clunky and based on old software.

Arthur from Heller DeLand Group LLC

Crelate is a useful and affordable tool for Talent Management in Recruitment

Overall, the product is a proven and useful tool for helping our organization manage the talent process. It allows for excellent communication across the entire network and keeps us very organized when everyone is using it to its full extent.

Pros

The software is generally easy to use with little training. It allows for a logical process flow in managing recruiting activities that is customizable and easily adjusted when needed. It's integration with LinkedIn and Outlook is also a plus, making for a seamless experience to manage candidate and client activities.

Cons

The ability to change things is quite limited unless you spend quite a bit more money, so flexibility on the platform can be problematic, or you have to sacrifice one feature for another at times. Also, there are some minor frustrations on how to manage tags and certain fields which can be frustrating.

Response from Crelate

Replied October 2020

Thank you for writing this review. It is wonderful to hear that our product is helping with communication and organization across your network.

Bryan from Hunter + Esquire

Industry: Alternative Medicine

ATS Review

Support is excellent.

Pros

Simple and easy to use for the most part.

Cons

It is not as modern (in terms of look and feel) and doesn't integrate with LinkedIn.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

We weren't impressed with the product or service.

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you find the interface easy to navigate.

Mark from Integrity Placement Group

The best for us

I demoed 12 different systems and Crelate was by far my top choice. It takes a little bit work to learn all the capabilities of this system but once you do, its a game changer!

Pros

The platform customization is amazing. We use Crelate as our CRM and ATS. It allows us to keep track of everything including our placements.

Cons

There are no cons since anything we have wanted to add the development team has designed or added for us.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

Brightmove is terrible and outdated.

Ralph from Center for Financial Recruiting

A Happy Crelate User!

Crelate has been my CRM for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. I looked at many packages before I chose Crelate and found it to be packed with features at a great value. I particularly like how I can manage and track all of my projects on one page, with a snapshot of the progress of every candidate. I also am excited about the periodic updates to the software. They listen to their users and offer upgrades for free. I've already recommended it to one colleague and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.

Pros

It's an outstanding project management tool. I can track all my open projects on one page, and track every candidate through the recruiting process. Crelate is an incredible value, given that free updates are released periodically and I always feel I have current features.

Cons

Tough to say. The migration from my old database wasn't easy, but I found technical support to be outstanding.

Bruce from Arts Consulting Group

Misdirected applications

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use in many ways and with good features.

Cons

The major flaw is in tracking those that are being recruited to apply for positions. If those individuals apply, the software attaches their materials to their file, but it doesn't put that file into the inbox to signal that the individual has applied. Our team has to spend lots of time going back into the files of the hundreds that we recruit to verify if they've applied, and then we need to move them to other stages, rather than their applications simply going into the inbox. The application gets attached to the file, but there are no notifications to alert us that they have actually applied. Either a design flaw or training issue, and we need assistance on sorting this out.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

First, thank you for your review. It has highlighted a step we need to add to our trainings and our help articles at help.crelate.com. Second, this is something we will be able help you with. Someone from Crelate will be reaching out to schedule a time to review your situation and to help find the best solution for you and your company.

Debra from Enginuity Advantage

Industry: Civil Engineering

A newby using Crelate

It is very easy for me to send information about a contact, to an associate quickly and easily.

Pros

I started in our company, basically knowing nothing. When I was introduced to Crelate, I was somewhat intimidated but jumped in with easy. Crelate help anyone learn their way around. I was able to begin inputting information and learned how to operate Crelate in no time!

Cons

Crelate is sometimes very slow. I have spent a lot of time waiting for the app to think.

Response from Crelate

Replied June 2019

Hi Debra - I'm Samantha from Crelate! Thanks for the nice review! We love hearing that our recruiting platform is intuitive for new users. We'd also like to learn where you aren't experiencing the fastest response from the Crelate side. Our customers constantly tell us that Crelate is the fastest ATS they've ever used, and we want the same experience for you! Please reach out to support@crelate.com if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help you get the speedy results you need. Thanks again!

Joseph from BioPoint, Inc.

Crelate Ups and Downs

I think it can improve but this is the best recruiter tool I have used so far, so keep making it better and it'll stay that way!

Pros

I like that we can create lists, create events as reminders, and able to track every detail for every candidate.

Cons

I don't like the search options for crelate... its probably the least user-friendly setting crelate has. It's not so bad but the search options in advanced settings don't encompass enough details that are in our database for contacts. A lot of people go unnoticed in our base because we don't have the ability or setting to look them up properly. Also, I don't like how you can't merge lists or clean them up in a faster/ easier way. It puts a lot of pressure and time on us to make sure everything is perfect in each profile which most recruiters don't have the time to do.

Casey from Beneficial Talent Source

Casey- Crelate User Review

Crelate is the third ATS we have used and it is by far the most organized and beneficial to our company. It allows very easy and open communication as well as quick access with the app they offer.

Pros

I like how easy it is to track applicants in the system by changing their status in the hiring process. You can also link your email and online calendar to Crelate so you get email and calendar updates regarding interviews, etc.

Cons

Overall I like everything about Crelate software, the only thing that is a con is how the system doesn’t always catch duplicate entries of candidates and having to manually merge records.

Response from Crelate

Replied June 2019

Hi Casey - I'm Samantha from Crelate. Thanks for the nice review! We're glad you find Crelate's recruiting workflows and email integration useful. Crelate has a "duplicate detection" feature that you can enable to limit the manual step of merging entries. I provided a link below that explains how to configure duplicate detection within Crelate. https://crelate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204395205-How-to-Use-Duplicate-Detection Thanks again!

Deana from Risch Results

Recruiting Tracking made easy

I save a lot of time with Crelate. It keeps me organized and maintains all of my notes. I can share candidate information with others on my team, and the history of candidate correspondence "travels" with the candidate profile throughout the system.

Pros

I enjoy the design and user experience of Crelate the most. It's easy to use, it has color coding and symbols for quick reference and all the features you need to move quickly. It has not been hard to give up my Excel tracking document at all. It also has feature (that I haven't used yet) to have applicants imported into the system straight from a job posting.

Cons

I had minor difficulties integrating with my Outlook, but it was easily resolved.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2021

That is wonderful to see how Crelate is helping you and your business. As someone who loves their Excel, I understand the power of that statement. Thank you. I wanted to share another level of organization I use, custom tags. I use the tags to help me make quick lists, track specific campaigns, and highlight special candidate features.