All GoodHire Reviews

Kiara

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Easy & Quick results

PROS

Integration was super easy. Once we were given the types of screenings and services offered, we picked our default screening and customized other options depending on the needs of the client and the type of position. The system is very easy to use!! From beginning to end, very user friendly! The notifications are great also, when a candidate didn't fill in their info, info was provided and their running the screening, etc.

CONS

Honestly, there is nothing that we don't like. I've used other background screening companies at previous companies and none have been as user-friendly and quick turnaround time on screenings as Goodhire!

Reason for choosing GoodHire

Our sales rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very responsive and understanding of our business. He was very open about pricing and checked in even after implementation. We really like the turnaround time and accuracy of the screenings. The portal was up and running within 36 hours and we were running screenings right after. The portal is also super easy to use and navigate. Invoicing is always the same time of each month and accurate, no issues there.

Joleen

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

PROS

This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

CONS

The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Reason for choosing GoodHire

We selected GoodHire as it was the platform that best met the needs of creating optimal efficiency, fast and accurate results, as well as the API connection to our HRM.

Caleigh

Sports, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Lots of Back and Forth

Its a legitimate verification service. If I was going to hire somebody, I know they are reliable to get the facts right.

PROS

I liked that it was a third party that was interested in getting you verified as quickly as possible.

CONS

If my information didn't match up exactly it would bounce back. If references didn't answer a phone call I would get flagged. It was frustrating coordinating with job, background check and making sure everything matched. There was a problem when I wrote the wrong end date to a job.

Kari

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Simplified Our Background Check Process

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

PROS

Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

CONS

Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Reason for choosing GoodHire

Better pricing, ability to run reports, better customer service, GoodHire was recommended to us by an HR professional with another company.

Reasons for switching to GoodHire

Better pricing and ability to integrate with Greenhouse.

Cindy

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Quality Software

It has been excellent!

PROS

This software has been in use at my company as part of the hiring process before I was hired in 2015, and we continue to use it because it is a very user friendly and informative website, and fairly priced.

CONS

I do not have any direct experience in using any competitive software to make that type of comparison, nor have I felt compelled to suggest to our company management to look at other products. We have a high degree of confidence in this software.

Bethany

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Love this

GoodHire has cut down on duplicate data entry for our team and allowed us to work more efficiently

PROS

I love that all I need to initiate a background check is put in the applicants name and email.

CONS

I love everything about it and have nothing negative to say!

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great service

Great

PROS

I really like your service. The only issue we had was when an employee was from out of state and filling out the drivers consent was difficult. I would have liked an email that explained it a little better. I have recommended your service to several of our other franchises, I believe the Boulder Colorado office just signed up today. Thanks Chris

CONS

redundant when asking if about how I am going to use the reports. Almost every-time I log in I have to acknowledge something

Reasons for switching to GoodHire

value and ease of use

Sharon

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Invaluable Resource

We use GoodHire for background checks for candidates we have offered jobs. It has proved very useful, is easy to use and the turnaround is very quick. I have also contacted Customer Service to provide me copies of old invoices that were no longer accessible to me and received very courteous and rapid service.

PROS

Ease of use, opportunity to select different levels of background checks.

CONS

I have not encountered an occasion where I found the software lacking in any way.

Rachelle

Construction, 11-50 employees

Happy HR

GoodHire has been a quick and reliable resource for me.

PROS

I like that the software is simple enough I can have potential employees complete their personal information and give their authorization online. The product is easy to set up, run reports, and add additional reporting features as needed. The background and MVR reports are straightforward and easy to understand. Communication and updates throughout each step of the process is excellent.

CONS

Automatic yearly MVR checks on all current employees would be a great feature.

Lauryn

Reviewed May 2018

Ok but be careful of add on's

PROS

Pretty easy to use and straight to the point for the most part. The cost is also good for a small business owner

CONS

There are a lot of add on's they spend time trying to get you to do to make more money. before you purchase a background check. Also, they send you an email saying the report is almost done when it is actually done and try to get you to buy even more stuff besides what you purchased. It is confusing because you don't ever get confirmation that the report you paid for is complete.

Larisa

Construction, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2019

Ethical Background Checks

I can provide accountability to my clients that my employees have been background checked.

PROS

I like that GoodHire seems to be aware that background checks have historically been used as a form of institutional racism.

CONS

It's sometimes hard to find old invoices/receipts for background checks I've purchased.

Ming

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Very good company to work wirh

Very good!

PROS

You all are so easy to work with. The employees are pleasant and helpful. We have gotten all our issues resolved that we had and you all really listen to us.

CONS

I recommended your product to another school and unfortunately you could do not match the price that you give us and the school went with another company. I was a little surprised since you were so good to work with when we were setting up with you.

Price

Sanace

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

great service

its a good service and very quick turnaround which i like.

PROS

i do not use it too often but, when i need to for my employees it is easy to use and get quick turnaround.

CONS

there is nothing wrong or difficult with it. i like using good hire for my business when i need to.

Earl

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Trusted Service

Easy service to use with valuable search options.

PROS

The product is very easy to use and gives quick results.

CONS

Errors in inputting information are not easily forgiven.

Reason for choosing GoodHire

It was recommended by a trusted colleague.

Melissa

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Ease of use

PROS

Very user friendly and easy to use. Integrates with BambooHR

CONS

The amount of processing times can be horrible. Due to COVID im not sure that is their fault or not.

Algernon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Good Hire has been great

Very good experience

PROS

Easy to use, the functionality of the sight is easy to navigate. The reports are easy to read.

CONS

It can be pricey to get extra searches on a candidate

Sydney

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Using Goodhire

PROS

Goodhire is fairly user friendly. We like how accessible the chat room is for when we do have a specific question.

CONS

When it comes to candidates who we need to re-run a check on (if their background check is expired) we do not like how difficult it is for those candidates to submit their consent form. Also, within the past few years, the pricing model was changed and we were never notified until we went to buy more credits.

Stephanie