GoodHire Software Reviews

GoodHire Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Easy interface; affordable for a small, start-up nonprofit like ours; great customer service; VERY fast turnaround."
  • icon"The price and features when running a report because everything has a description/explation as well as help available step by step."
  • icon"What I like about the software is that in a matter of moments you have results."
  • icon"It was frustrating coordinating with job, background check and making sure everything matched. There was a problem when I wrote the wrong end date to a job."
  • icon"TERRIBLE turnaround time. Reports take far too long to come back which would result in me losing candidates."
  • icon"For administrative purposes I wish I could download a sheet which would show name of employees and status (employed, processing or denied)."

Browse all GoodHire Reviews

• Have you used GoodHire and would like to share your experience with others?

Sean

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Background Checks with a Human Touch

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use. I personally was in the industry for 12 years prior to moving on to my current role, so I'm still up to date on systems like this. However, in my new role I'm training a team that is starting from scratch on the whole process - and inside of our first two checks they're logging in and generally able to navigate around and read/process reports with little problem. The UI/UX is intuitive and the system does a fantastic job of hand-holding through complex processes such as state-specific forms and the pre-adverse/adverse action workflow. Also, while it says "software", it should be noted that our account rep Jory is a bona fide rockstar. She's incredibly proactive, helpful, and is a joy to work with. Beyond that, I can speak to the fact that they are well up on their compliance enforcement as well, which is a mission-critical piece when dealing with a CRA. Given some of the issues inherent in working with one of the bigger fish (and I did work for one of the biggest), I'd strongly recommend looking into GoodHire if you're shopping for a CRA.

Cons

Just about the only thing is that because they aren't one of the biggest fish, the system still has a few quirks that the bigger ones have mostly ironed out by now. Minor things like, for example, not being able to order a SODB search as an a la carte...or the ability to run searches in Canada. The thing is, all of the above will be addressed in time, I'm sure. I work in product, I get what comes with the territory of a packed tech roadmap. It's comfortably outweighed by their competence and friendly service when it comes to the baseline functions of background checking.

Serene

GoodHire does GoodWork

Pros

This is the easiest thing in the world to use. I love their customer service, they put a proposal together quickly for me and were able to give me different background check options for different positions in our office. I love being able to send out the background check through a link. The website is very easy to use and the print out backgrounds are very easy to read and their turn around is so fast. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I live everything about the software, I have been really happy with it.

Reasons for choosing GoodHire

They are more geared toward a larger organization and were more costly, one of the people there suggested GoodHire as a better option for us.

Reasons for switching to GoodHire

customer service was bad, the turnaround was slower and we had to manually upload all the information ourselves.

Nikki

User friendly - but terrible TAT

Pros

I liked the platform and how easy it was to run a background check. Very user friendly.

Cons

Response from GoodHire

Of course we're disappointed that you were less than satisfied with our background check turnaround times. In an effort to respond to your review, we've looked into your account and see that one of our customer support agents reached out to you directly and discussed this particular issue. Background checks play an important role in the hiring process, and we understand your frustration when issues arise -- we hope you're willing to give us another try.

Replied December 2019

Kathryn

Recommending GoodHire

I researched a handful of different companies to do background checks and was highly recommend GoodHire. I now recommend GoodHire to others as an easy-to-use platform that is affordable and quality.

Pros

Cons

Would appreciate having a way to do background checks for people without social security numbers in order to increase the inclusivity and equity of our team and community to include those who are undocumented. I'd also like a way to cancel the background checks if someone has not filled out their information.

Reasons for choosing GoodHire

Better cost and recommendations from colleagues

GoodHire Review

Overall, we are very pleased with GoodHire. Their reports they give us give us everything that we need and and processed in a timely manner.

Pros

GoodHire has been a great background search tool for us. Their user interface is easy to use and their reports come back quickly. They setup the reports to pull all data that is required by your company.

Cons

Since we have been using this software, we have not had any issues. We have not seen any cons as of yet, which is a good thing.

Shelby

Nice Product, a bit Pricey

I like what they have to offer, especially as far as customer service. It's really easy to run a background check and allow a candidate to schedule their own drug screening. Basically, you enter their name and email address (which you likely have from their resume,) and they approve to be checked and submit to a drug screening. It's been really easy, especially when you have remote candidates like us.

Pros

- Easy to use - Customer service is VERY helpful. I've messaged their live chat reps several different times and always had a good experience. - Clean interface, easy to export/read reports - Customizable but automatic notifications

Cons

- Background checks took at least a week to complete. This isn't necessarily uncommon, but when you're in an industry where quick turn-around is essential, it's not great. - A little pricey. While a background check and drug screening may not be cheap, the add-ons like MVR and education checks add up quickly.

Todd

Easy to use, quality Background Check Tool

Goodhire works!

Pros

GoodHire is easy to use, quick to provide results and so far, hasn't made any errors I'm aware of.

Cons

No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)

Leila

March 2016

Easy Background Checks

I used this the last time I had to run a background check on a new hire, and it made the process extremely easy. The UI is excellent, automation of previously cumbersome processes, progress reports, etc.

Pros

Proactive communication (progress tracking), UI, ability to create your own packages (purchase just the reports needed), and the support is excellent (I got very quick response)

Cons

I wish there was some way to pay a rush fee for certain elements to go faster (obviously there are limitations when there are dependencies on external agencies)

Jena

July 2022

Would recommend

Having GoodHire integrate with our ATS and our HRIS system has allowed for seemly process during on boarding.

Pros

The ease and functionality of the platform make this tool very efficient for our use.

Cons

I wish I didnt have to click into the platform to get the information that was provided in an email. Outside of that, no other complaints

Reasons for switching to GoodHire

Wanted a platform that would integrate with our ATS and HRIS system.

Alex

May 2022

No issues in 2 years

Pros

It is VERY simple to implement background checks and screenings. I've only needed to contact support 1x in over two years, and it was due to an error on my end - they were quick to remedy and help me correct.

Cons

I do not have anything negative that I can share about this product. It's worked as designed with simplicity, every time I've used it.

Kiara

Easy & Quick results

Pros

Integration was super easy. Once we were given the types of screenings and services offered, we picked our default screening and customized other options depending on the needs of the client and the type of position. The system is very easy to use!! From beginning to end, very user friendly! The notifications are great also, when a candidate didn't fill in their info, info was provided and their running the screening, etc.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that we don't like. I've used other background screening companies at previous companies and none have been as user-friendly and quick turnaround time on screenings as Goodhire!

Reasons for choosing GoodHire

Our sales rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very responsive and understanding of our business. He was very open about pricing and checked in even after implementation. We really like the turnaround time and accuracy of the screenings. The portal was up and running within 36 hours and we were running screenings right after. The portal is also super easy to use and navigate. Invoicing is always the same time of each month and accurate, no issues there.

Joleen

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

Pros

This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

Cons

The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Reasons for choosing GoodHire

We selected GoodHire as it was the platform that best met the needs of creating optimal efficiency, fast and accurate results, as well as the API connection to our HRM.

Jan

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Bland Reports

GoodHire did exactly as we asked and has worked well for us for non-management or non-financial staff background reviews. When and if I require a background check for management and/or especially sensitive staff positions, I will need to review whether GoodHire can provide sufficient information.

Pros

That we did not need staff time or expertise to check the myriad sources for work history, educational history, or potential offenses.

Cons

The reports had essentially no "personal" flavor to them. We had a bad experience with one candidate who jumped through all the GoodHire hoops, and whose reports were squeaky clean, but whose background had events and experiences that we needed to know in advance. GoodHire needs to have additional levels of social media and legal search capability.

Kari

Simplified Our Background Check Process

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

Pros

Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

Cons

Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Reasons for choosing GoodHire

Better pricing, ability to run reports, better customer service, GoodHire was recommended to us by an HR professional with another company.

Reasons for switching to GoodHire

Better pricing and ability to integrate with Greenhouse.

Very Satisfied with this company

We have been very satisfied with GoodHire. The system is fast and dependable and the very few times we have had problems the phone service has been friendly and excellent.

Pros

Very reasonable priced, very efficient and fast, very easy for us and our clients to use

Cons

There are no drawbacks with this product.

Matt

Good Background Checks

Pros

We like all of the information that the background checks provide us with. It allows us to make sure we are hiring reputable employees and meeting our client requirements.

Cindy

Quality Software

It has been excellent!

Pros

This software has been in use at my company as part of the hiring process before I was hired in 2015, and we continue to use it because it is a very user friendly and informative website, and fairly priced.

Cons

I do not have any direct experience in using any competitive software to make that type of comparison, nor have I felt compelled to suggest to our company management to look at other products. We have a high degree of confidence in this software.

Christine

Good hire

Pros

Some pros about this app that I enjoy is the candidates being able to fill in their own information. Saves a bunch of time on our end. Also this is a very easy app to use and understand

Cons

Not being able to run background checks without a social security number and the time it takes to complete the background check

Response from GoodHire