• Pros

• "Very reasonable priced, very efficient and fast, very easy for us and our clients to use"

• "Pretty easy to use and straight to the point for the most part. The cost is also good for a small business owner"

• "The price was great, it works for what I need to use it for, easy to use. My clients and I use this software together to look up their background. "

• Cons

• "No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)"

• "No cons that I know of, I have very much enjoyed this software because it is so easy to use"

• "Since we have been using this software, we have not had any issues. We have not seen any cons as of yet, which is a good thing."

Browse GoodHire Reviews

Sean from Precision Global Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Background Checks with a Human Touch

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use. I personally was in the industry for 12 years prior to moving on to my current role, so I'm still up to date on systems like this. However, in my new role I'm training a team that is starting from scratch on the whole process - and inside of our first two checks they're logging in and generally able to navigate around and read/process reports with little problem. The UI/UX is intuitive and the system does a fantastic job of hand-holding through complex processes such as state-specific forms and the pre-adverse/adverse action workflow. Also, while it says "software", it should be noted that our account rep Jory is a bona fide rockstar. She's incredibly proactive, helpful, and is a joy to work with. Beyond that, I can speak to the fact that they are well up on their compliance enforcement as well, which is a mission-critical piece when dealing with a CRA. Given some of the issues inherent in working with one of the bigger fish (and I did work for one of the biggest), I'd strongly recommend looking into GoodHire if you're shopping for a CRA.

Cons

Just about the only thing is that because they aren't one of the biggest fish, the system still has a few quirks that the bigger ones have mostly ironed out by now. Minor things like, for example, not being able to order a SODB search as an a la carte...or the ability to run searches in Canada. The thing is, all of the above will be addressed in time, I'm sure. I work in product, I get what comes with the territory of a packed tech roadmap. It's comfortably outweighed by their competence and friendly service when it comes to the baseline functions of background checking.

Serene from Eye Consultants P.C.

GoodHire does GoodWork

Pros

This is the easiest thing in the world to use. I love their customer service, they put a proposal together quickly for me and were able to give me different background check options for different positions in our office. I love being able to send out the background check through a link. The website is very easy to use and the print out backgrounds are very easy to read and their turn around is so fast. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I live everything about the software, I have been really happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

They are more geared toward a larger organization and were more costly, one of the people there suggested GoodHire as a better option for us.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

customer service was bad, the turnaround was slower and we had to manually upload all the information ourselves.

Nikki from South Hills Movers

User friendly - but terrible TAT

Pros

I liked the platform and how easy it was to run a background check. Very user friendly.

Cons

TERRIBLE turnaround time. Reports take far too long to come back which would result in me losing candidates.

Response from GoodHire

Replied December 2019

Of course we're disappointed that you were less than satisfied with our background check turnaround times. In an effort to respond to your review, we've looked into your account and see that one of our customer support agents reached out to you directly and discussed this particular issue. Background checks play an important role in the hiring process, and we understand your frustration when issues arise -- we hope you're willing to give us another try.

Kathryn from Moonshot edVentures

Recommending GoodHire

I researched a handful of different companies to do background checks and was highly recommend GoodHire. I now recommend GoodHire to others as an easy-to-use platform that is affordable and quality.

Pros

Easy interface; affordable for a small, start-up nonprofit like ours; great customer service; VERY fast turnaround

Cons

Would appreciate having a way to do background checks for people without social security numbers in order to increase the inclusivity and equity of our team and community to include those who are undocumented. I'd also like a way to cancel the background checks if someone has not filled out their information.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Better cost and recommendations from colleagues

Very Satisfied with this company

We have been very satisfied with GoodHire. The system is fast and dependable and the very few times we have had problems the phone service has been friendly and excellent.

Pros

Cons

There are no drawbacks with this product.

GoodHire Review

Overall, we are very pleased with GoodHire. Their reports they give us give us everything that we need and and processed in a timely manner.

Pros

GoodHire has been a great background search tool for us. Their user interface is easy to use and their reports come back quickly. They setup the reports to pull all data that is required by your company.

Bernadette from Reliable Tech Heationg Cooling & Plumbing

Background Checks Made Easy!

Overall our experience with GoodHire has been perfectly good.

Pros

What I like most about good hire is that you can have the applicant fill in their information! It's so convenient. GoodHire doesn't take forever to get you the results like companies we've had in the past.

Cons

I can't think of any cons with GoodHire, they are a great company that has made it easy for employers to get fast background checks at a reasonable price.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

Ease of use and fast tun around

Shelby from Boden Inc.

Nice Product, a bit Pricey

I like what they have to offer, especially as far as customer service. It's really easy to run a background check and allow a candidate to schedule their own drug screening. Basically, you enter their name and email address (which you likely have from their resume,) and they approve to be checked and submit to a drug screening. It's been really easy, especially when you have remote candidates like us.

Pros

- Easy to use - Customer service is VERY helpful. I've messaged their live chat reps several different times and always had a good experience. - Clean interface, easy to export/read reports - Customizable but automatic notifications

Cons

- Background checks took at least a week to complete. This isn't necessarily uncommon, but when you're in an industry where quick turn-around is essential, it's not great. - A little pricey. While a background check and drug screening may not be cheap, the add-ons like MVR and education checks add up quickly.

Todd from Blueprint Summer Programs

Easy to use, quality Background Check Tool

Goodhire works!

Pros

GoodHire is easy to use, quick to provide results and so far, hasn't made any errors I'm aware of.

Cons

No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)

March 2016

Leila from Scalability Solutions LLC

March 2016

Easy Background Checks

I used this the last time I had to run a background check on a new hire, and it made the process extremely easy. The UI is excellent, automation of previously cumbersome processes, progress reports, etc.

Pros

Proactive communication (progress tracking), UI, ability to create your own packages (purchase just the reports needed), and the support is excellent (I got very quick response)

Cons

I wish there was some way to pay a rush fee for certain elements to go faster (obviously there are limitations when there are dependencies on external agencies)

Kiara from Flatter Inc.

Easy & Quick results

Pros

Integration was super easy. Once we were given the types of screenings and services offered, we picked our default screening and customized other options depending on the needs of the client and the type of position. The system is very easy to use!! From beginning to end, very user friendly! The notifications are great also, when a candidate didn't fill in their info, info was provided and their running the screening, etc.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that we don't like. I've used other background screening companies at previous companies and none have been as user-friendly and quick turnaround time on screenings as Goodhire!

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Our sales rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very responsive and understanding of our business. He was very open about pricing and checked in even after implementation. We really like the turnaround time and accuracy of the screenings. The portal was up and running within 36 hours and we were running screenings right after. The portal is also super easy to use and navigate. Invoicing is always the same time of each month and accurate, no issues there.

Joleen from The Art of Education University

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

Pros

This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

Cons

The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

We selected GoodHire as it was the platform that best met the needs of creating optimal efficiency, fast and accurate results, as well as the API connection to our HRM.

Jan from Coos History Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Bland Reports

GoodHire did exactly as we asked and has worked well for us for non-management or non-financial staff background reviews. When and if I require a background check for management and/or especially sensitive staff positions, I will need to review whether GoodHire can provide sufficient information.

Pros

That we did not need staff time or expertise to check the myriad sources for work history, educational history, or potential offenses.

Cons

The reports had essentially no "personal" flavor to them. We had a bad experience with one candidate who jumped through all the GoodHire hoops, and whose reports were squeaky clean, but whose background had events and experiences that we needed to know in advance. GoodHire needs to have additional levels of social media and legal search capability.

Kari from Brightside

Simplified Our Background Check Process

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

Pros

Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

Cons

Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Better pricing, ability to run reports, better customer service, GoodHire was recommended to us by an HR professional with another company.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

Better pricing and ability to integrate with Greenhouse.

Matt from PBCM

Good Background Checks

Pros

We like all of the information that the background checks provide us with. It allows us to make sure we are hiring reputable employees and meeting our client requirements.

Cindy from Seber Tans, PLC

Quality Software

It has been excellent!

Pros

This software has been in use at my company as part of the hiring process before I was hired in 2015, and we continue to use it because it is a very user friendly and informative website, and fairly priced.

Cons

I do not have any direct experience in using any competitive software to make that type of comparison, nor have I felt compelled to suggest to our company management to look at other products. We have a high degree of confidence in this software.

Mary from Victory Lane

Background checks in lieu of drug testing

We have given second chances to several people. The detail in the report is excellent.

Pros

What I like about the software is that in a matter of moments you have results. No waiting around. It is fast and easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes a crime/conviction is not listed because the agency does not participate with online reporting - NOT really about the software though is it?

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Ease of use, cost, and options were all a better fit with GoodHire.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

We felt that a background check was a better tool to find employees, especially with the new marijuana laws.

Bethany from Evangelical Covenant Church

Love this

GoodHire has cut down on duplicate data entry for our team and allowed us to work more efficiently

Pros

I love that all I need to initiate a background check is put in the applicants name and email.

Cons

I love everything about it and have nothing negative to say!

Chris from comforcare home care

Great service

Great

Pros

I really like your service. The only issue we had was when an employee was from out of state and filling out the drivers consent was difficult. I would have liked an email that explained it a little better. I have recommended your service to several of our other franchises, I believe the Boulder Colorado office just signed up today. Thanks Chris

Cons

redundant when asking if about how I am going to use the reports. Almost every-time I log in I have to acknowledge something

value and ease of use

Sharon from Kaishan Compressor

Industry: Machinery

Invaluable Resource

We use GoodHire for background checks for candidates we have offered jobs. It has proved very useful, is easy to use and the turnaround is very quick. I have also contacted Customer Service to provide me copies of old invoices that were no longer accessible to me and received very courteous and rapid service.

Pros

Ease of use, opportunity to select different levels of background checks.

Cons

I have not encountered an occasion where I found the software lacking in any way.

Taryne from Thinfilm Electronics Inc.

Love Good Hire

Excellent, except for the two points above.

Pros

So easy, accurate and quick. My initial call with Goodhire was phenomenal. Within about 30 minutes we were all set up with a profile that works well for us. Top notch sales person! Fast and efficient - just how I like it!

Cons

I wish you could enter the candidate information first THEN they print the invoice. It would be nice to see the candidates name on the invoice to help approve invoice at the end of the month. Also, I wish I could cancel a background check request without having to call in. Mistakes or changes are made and I'd like to be able to adjust the b/g check on my own. Quite frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Met someone at an HR conference who raved about GOodHire. I didn't look into any options bc my initial experience was so positive w/ GoodHire.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

Hire Right gave long convulated results that took a long time and were not easy to interpret. I like Goodhire's approach: binary - either the candidate cleared or he didn't

Rachelle from AC General, Inc.

Happy HR

GoodHire has been a quick and reliable resource for me.

Pros

I like that the software is simple enough I can have potential employees complete their personal information and give their authorization online. The product is easy to set up, run reports, and add additional reporting features as needed. The background and MVR reports are straightforward and easy to understand. Communication and updates throughout each step of the process is excellent.

Cons

Automatic yearly MVR checks on all current employees would be a great feature.

Heidi from Soggy Doggy Shop

Excellent value and verified accurate results

As a small business owner, I value something that's reliable, easy, and cost-effective. Thanks for making this part of hiring fit those points!

Pros

Literally one-stop-shopping for background checking. I own a small, growing business and want to minimize on-boarding costs while obtaining complete and accurate background information. GoodHire fits the bill on both points, plus the turn around for standard background check is very prompt. I have not use the drug screening option, but with my existing experience with the service I would not hesitate to add that to an order if need be. I have purchase 2 background checks at GoodHire and plan on using them further for my hiring needs.

Cons

When selecting the type of background search and applicable add-ons, it would be helpful for people like me who aren't overly familiar with the types of searches to have a brief explaination as to what information each one entails. (For instance, what would be the benefit of running a candidate in a National database as opposed to only local? What type of information is available in one or the other?)

Christopher from Gateway Metro Federal Credit Union

Money Well Spent

We had our background screens and our drug screens set up with different companies and we were always getting separate bills for them. GoodHire does both our drug and background screening for us and we get it all together in one place and only 1 bill. The best part of all is their salesperson called me and we were even able to shave off a few dollars on our price. I would definitely recommend this service for any company! It's great!

Pros

GoodHire has been a godsend for our company. They have done everything we've asked for and at just the right price.

Cons

I haven't encountered any real difficulties at this point. Each time it has appeared a hurdle was about to come up, GoodHire has been there and fixed the issue.

Keileigh from CharLee Corp

GoodHire

Pros

Extremely easy to use. You can even add whatever non basic features you want to each background check. All the reports store easily on your dashboard and you can export them in their entirety with just a click. Turn around time is also excellent-usually within 1 business day.

Cons

Only con is not being able to run large batch checks at one time.

Response from GoodHire

Replied May 2019

Hi Keileigh, We always love to get feedback from our customers! Re: the large batch checks, we actually do offer that feature - contact support and they should be able to help you.

Larisa from Peregrine Relocations

Ethical Background Checks

I can provide accountability to my clients that my employees have been background checked.

Pros

I like that GoodHire seems to be aware that background checks have historically been used as a form of institutional racism.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find old invoices/receipts for background checks I've purchased.

Sarah from Omitron

Industry: Defense & Space

Fast and Easy!

You can customize any background check anytime you need it. It's very easy to use, and intuitive if you have never used a service like GoodHire.com.

Pros

Goodhire is so easy to use. I enter in a little bit of information and GoodHire takes care of the rest. The turn around time is also excellent. Sometimes, it is almost immediate. That is why we continue to choose GoodHire for all of our needs.

Cons

There isn't anything I would change. It suits our needs perfectly.

Sheila from COWBOY MALONEY'S

Backgrounds are the Easiest with GoodHire!

I know that when I put candidate's information in that it will be accurate and fast in results

Pros

I find that the features in this software are self explanatory and easy to use

Cons

Not found anything that would be least liked about the software

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

like the presentation that was given to me

Frank from Fidelis Elite Systems

Great platform!

Pros

I really like the easy-to-use set up of the platform. It allows my employees to easily navigate, review reports, and process billing. I also enjoy our customer service representative, she's wonderful!

Cons

I currently don't have any downsides with the software.

Lauryn from finance

Ok but be careful of add on's

Pros

Cons

There are a lot of add on's they spend time trying to get you to do to make more money. before you purchase a background check. Also, they send you an email saying the report is almost done when it is actually done and try to get you to buy even more stuff besides what you purchased. It is confusing because you don't ever get confirmation that the report you paid for is complete.

Carla from SWVA Hill City AYF

The Best Background Check Around

From the point of contact when I expressed interest to actually using the system, the overall experience has been great. We will be using this service next year.

Pros

The simplicty and ease of running the check makes this, hands down, the best service we've encountered. Not only is it easy to run the check but I can see the status of all those pending and if there are alerts going through that process is equally as easy. It is very user friendly.

Cons

When manually entering the email address, it would refuse to accept it the first time. This happened quite a bit.

Reasons for Switching to GoodHire

Too costly and complicated.

Selena from Key Performance Ideas, Inc.

Excellent Service

I love using GoodHire because its simple to use and the customer service has been excellent.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and access support when necessary.

Cons

Maybe I overlooked it, but you may want to make it more clear or obvious that additional fees for county, employer & education verifications etc may apply.

Kim from Premier Birth Center

GoodHire is absolutely excellent

We use GoodHire for background checks for our medical staff. It makes that an easy process for us.

Pros

GoodHire is very easy to use and it provides a complete background check for our employees. The process is very quick and thorough.

Cons

I don't have any issues with GoodHire. I can't think about anything negative.

Ming from North Metro Music Education

Very good company to work wirh

Very good!

Pros

You all are so easy to work with. The employees are pleasant and helpful. We have gotten all our issues resolved that we had and you all really listen to us.

Cons

I recommended your product to another school and unfortunately you could do not match the price that you give us and the school went with another company. I was a little surprised since you were so good to work with when we were setting up with you.

Price

Sanace from SRA Contracting

great service

its a good service and very quick turnaround which i like.

Pros

i do not use it too often but, when i need to for my employees it is easy to use and get quick turnaround.

Cons

there is nothing wrong or difficult with it. i like using good hire for my business when i need to.

Kathryn from Host-A-Scholar

Quick turnaround

Friendly customer service. I am setting up an Airbnb-type network of host homes for international students, and GoodHire does the required background checks for potential hosts. I am able to assure our students that our hosts have no criminal backgrounds.

Pros

GoodHire has been an invaluable help for my organization. It is simple to use and they send me results within 1-2 days.

Cons

I have had no problems with them. I have used them infrequently.

Matt from Big Sky Diagnostic Imaging

An easy to use employment screening tool

GoodHire is an extremely easy to use employment screening tool that works well for my business.

Pros

I appreciate that the system has such a clean and intuitive user interface. The results come back very quickly and the candidate is kept notified through every step in the process. GoodHire also helps guide you away from making potential HR missteps.

Cons

The basic check does not offer much information, but there are lots of additional checks that can be added to customize the screening. The downside is all of those additional checks add up in cost very quickly.

Earl from Centurion Security and Associates, LLC

Industry: Security and Investigations

Trusted Service

Easy service to use with valuable search options.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and gives quick results.

Cons

Errors in inputting information are not easily forgiven.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

It was recommended by a trusted colleague.

Trisha from JHCC

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

user friendly and the most excellent customer service

Cons

nothing, its awesome in every way and customer service is top notch.

Marilyn from CNS/RQA/CA, INC

Great Product With Quick Results!

The products meet our business needs. We had a small issue and when we contacted the staff at GoodHire they were able to solve it immediately and we have always been very satisfied.

Pros

I feel that the product is very easy to use with immediate information being sent to my new hire for a background check and the results are very quick and sent to us with a very fast turnaround time. The software and very quick and simple to understand.

Cons

There is nothing that we could recommend to improve. It all works well for us and our needs.

Dr Joy from PJ Financial Group LLC

The Best HR Solution to Background Checks & Drug Testing

I put total trust in their service to meet all of our compliance needs.

Pros

The complete series of checks and tests that are available.

Cons

Since we work and serve in a global economy and we trust GoodHire for the quality work and ease of use it would a great asset to our organization if we could also use more international background checks through their platform.

Chris from Window-ology Tri Valley Corporation

Recommend Goodhire

Pros

The program is easy to use, the information is thorough and the response is quick.

Cons

No cons that I can think of, I think that a good product has been built.

Algernon from Dallas Leadership Foundation

Good Hire has been great

Very good experience

Pros

Easy to use, the functionality of the sight is easy to navigate. The reports are easy to read.

Cons

It can be pricey to get extra searches on a candidate

Sharon from Operative Experience Inc

Industry: Medical Devices

good value for dollars

great

Pros

easy to use and results quick to aid with hiring practices

Cons

All good and no cons. I use this software in a second company I work for

value for dollars

Jeff from Piper Clinc

Easy to use software

This employment screening tool has made the hiring process much simpler.

Pros

I appreciate the timely responses (updates and final report) to screening requests.

Cons

I have no improvement recommendations at this time.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

I chose GoodHire because of its ease of use and the recommendation of a colleague.

Sydney from The Sitter Club

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Using Goodhire

Pros

Goodhire is fairly user friendly. We like how accessible the chat room is for when we do have a specific question.

Cons

When it comes to candidates who we need to re-run a check on (if their background check is expired) we do not like how difficult it is for those candidates to submit their consent form. Also, within the past few years, the pricing model was changed and we were never notified until we went to buy more credits.

Courtney from Rescue Her

Goodhire Review

We have loved using it. The price for the quality is amazing.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. We are doing background checks weekly and the ease of it makes all the difference. It's also super user friendly when it comes to viewing the reports.

Cons

It isn't designed for volunteers as much as it is for employees and that confuses our volunteers sometimes.

It was too expensive.

Cindy Jo from MS Gulf Coast Regional CVB d.b.a. Coastal Mississippi

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Awesome!

I use it for new hire processing and it has been wonderful. All-in-one stop shop and quick responses.

Pros

I love this software. Easy to use, quick results and all-in-one processing.

Cons

Since I have been using this product it has made new hiring so easy. I have no complaints.

Stephanie from A2Z MAIDS

Good product but Sales professionals lie by omission

If you read the above con about the company, you can see that the sales “professionals” are well versed in the con part of the sales process.

Pros

Ease of use is the most liked feature of this software. There is also a quick, usually one day turnaround time for delivery.

Cons

The 2 pay structure options were not explained in full detail to me by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. In fact, she left out that I could either pay a $300 fee and then they collect from candidates or I get billed and pay monthly for candidates. I didn’t know until I received the first invoice. So, when [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] messaged me about the service and I sent him the email thread and said I was disappointed, nobody from the company has ever said anything else to me.

Anna from Pella Boston

21st Century Pre-Employment

Pros

The biggest benefit for our company was the ability to run background checks remotely. Beyond that the ease of use for both the company and the candidate, the quick turnaround, and the simplicity in reporting make the product fantastic.

Cons

Our company has many employees who are required to have Department of Transportation cards because they drive and transport product across state lines. This would be a welcome addition to GoodHire's offerings.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

I selected GoodHire because it was recommended when we implemented BambooHR

Better functionality