• Pros

• "Very easy to use, amazing support (even reached out to me when I didn't complete a process I started!), and many aspects are very well thought of."

• "The platform is easy to use and user friendly. The customer service has been absolutely phenomenal! "

• "One of the best decisions we've made ... my life is easier with Justworks. I recommend the service all the time ... "

• Cons

• "Customer service can sometimes be tough to get in touch with, but overall its been great."

• "The customer service was very bad at first and caused me some big issues but they have slowly improved. They can get better but they have improved"

• "setting section can be a little confusing but nothing crazy, overall LOVE the platform"

Browse Justworks Reviews

Liam from Pinnacle 21

The New Age of HR Administration (or lack thereof)

From the educational experience during the sales discovery process to the assistance and round-the-clock availability of our account manager, during onboarding and implementation, I was insanely impressed by the account management capabilities of such a young team. Every JustWorks email is like a small monthly birthday gift where more often than not, they're rolling out a new feature or enhancement, potentially even one you recommended to the Product Team! It's the exact type of engagement you would hope for out of a company focused on propelling the employee experience with a highly adoptable product that will continue to grow into a large presence in this space.

Pros

The ease of implementation and administration and as the title assumes, the lack of need of direct oversight of the process. New hires are able to very quickly and simply understand the navigation of the tool and streamline themselves through 90% of the pre-employment paperwork without need from the admin. Just a simple user interface that allows you to intuitively find anything you need in regard to your daily life as an employee and really person within your organization.

Cons

Just some slight growth areas needed in terms of integrations and partners for them. As a young company, they have a bit to go before they can really offer the capabilities of a company such as ADP but what they offer in replacement of those makes it all worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

It really checked off a good amount of needs that we're currently and foresee facing in the next few years as we scale as a company. At 30 people, it provides a comprehensive service and platform which allows for a hands-off approach to HR and Payroll administration served up with a sexy and intuitive interface. We're approaching a new day in HR software and the freedom of time created simply by the employee onboarding features in JustWorks are enough to create the consideration to move off of these more archaic platforms.

Chris from Synapse Studios

Justworks does what it says on the tin

The team there is hyper responsive and knows their stuff. Onboarding was phenomenal, considering how complex an operation it is to onboard. They move you seamlessly from sales rep to onboarding rep to ongoing support rep, and you end up with a dedicated rep that knows your business. They handle compliance really well, and their Slack support is fantastic. It's great to have a resource I can tap for questions on compliance or policy, and the ThinkHR integration offers even more resources. My employees love OneMedical, Health Advocate, and Teledoc. Love love. Having a self-service onboarding process is really great and simplifies our onboarding dramatically. Using a PEO helps with having remote employees across the country. Much less to worry about around taxes and compliance there.

Pros

Justworks is a compelling PEO offering that brings a lot of advantages to helping manage a growing company. I'd run payroll myself for 15 years, so moving to a PEO that has my back is nice. Any consideration of moving to a PEO has to come with factoring cost savings around insurance products. Justworks represented a significant cost savings in my first year, but in the second year, our renewals still jumped 10%, which was frustrating. I was hoping we'd be more insulated to those sort of increases. From a payroll platform perspective, Justworks is really nice. It basically offers fully automated payroll, though there are some things that could be improved with how it integrates with time trackers, how it manages PTO requests, and some other nits to pick. They've done a great job of being responsive and adding functionality over the past year, and they're a tech-first company so I'm confident it'll just continue to improve.

Cons

There are a couple of limitations that are vexing, verging on boneheaded: * PTO requests don't show remaining balance for the PTO plan * Unpaid time off is a manual ordeal * There's no mobile app, and the website isn't responsive. Not a huge dealbreaker, since I'm not doing too much payroll from my phone, but still * No expense management or reimbursement scheduling. It's just a manual process. * QBO integration is weak, but I've been promised it'll improve

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

TriNet is eye-wateringly expensive and an old system. Gusto is really compelling and affordable, but they're not a PEO: they don't handle the compliance or shared benefits rates

GREG from 360 TOUR DESIGNS & MARKETING

Industry: Photography

unpleasant experience

Terrible experience. This company is growing to quickly and doesn't have experienced staff. They are not clear in their communication, multiple times telling us one thing and delivering another. We have been onboard Since Jan 1 and will be canceling. No amount of health care discount is worth the hassle.

Pros

solid software. Easy to use. Clearly the only advantage they have one their competitors.

Cons

calendars are not updated enough in advance so you know when non-payroll items are deducted from your account.

Perfect PEO for a small nonproft

It's a huge time-saver, and enables us to offer more benefits than otherwise possible.

Pros

It has enabled us to offer so many more benefits than previously, at a price that is much more reasonable than any previously existing PEO. It's great that it is all on a single platform, and the customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks online is not amazing. They need to continue to update the site for better usability, especially their reporting section. I would like more offerings and features.

Pricing and features.

Matt from Valify, Inc.

Fantastic

Justworks i sby far one of the best service providers that I've worked with across any discipline. The software is easy to use, the help is fantastic, and the support options (email, phone, or my favorite: Slack) are top notch. Whenever I have a question, whether about the software or about a specific payroll or benefits question, I hop on Slack and am able to chat with a representative within a couple of minutes. I've found them universally to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Justworks of course isn't just a software package, but the software itself is top notch. It's easy to use, a complete solution, and makes it easy to adminster our entire workforce quickly. If I had to pick the best attribute, it would be management of payroll. Prior to Justworks we had bounced around between a few different payroll providers, and the experience was subpar. With Justworks it's point and click, and I can walk away with confidence knowing that it will be done correctly.

Cons

I would like to see more training offerings built into the platform, for example a general training course for new managers, but I can't think of any other offerings that are lacking.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had a better reputation and better software, and the pricing was much more attractive.

Shannon from Clinical Trial Media

So Happy I Made the Switch to JustWorks!

My team and I evaluated several PEO options before ultimately choosing to go with JustWorks. JustWorks was the most cost-effective, with the best benefit offerings for my employees, the most intuitive user interface and allowed me to have the most control of all of my employee's data.

Pros

The tool is extremely user-friendly. I did very limited training for my employees to learn how to use it because of the intuitive user-interface. The Customer Support team is fantastic! I can call up my Account Manager or quickly use the chat feature and I always get a quick and friendly response and a resolution to my question or issue.

Cons

The services may not be as comprehensive as other PEO systems, but my Account Manager is always quick to recommend a tool or service that would be compatible (example: applicant tracking system).

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

For all of the reasons I mentioned above, but especially the overall cost was better as well of the more cost-effective and varied benefits offerings for my employees was a big draw.

Benjamin from Waterman Ventures Inc.

Perfect PEO Solution

I scouted HRIS and PEOs and landed on JustWorks after some recommendations from other start ups. I am so glad we went with JW and am an evangelist to what they're doing. Easy to use, implement and their support is exactly what we needed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Transparency around all pricing and fees, no hidden costs or surprises, ease of sales process, onboarding was seamless and well organized, full support during signing up, onboarding and sustained ops. Customer service 24/7 across multiple channels monitored by humans has been HUGE. The software is easy to use as an admin and user. The HR tools have been very helpful. We had very early unique employee circumstances and JustWorks support helped guide is successfully through these events and added huge value to my employees and the company.

Cons

Software constantly being upgraded - which is great. They take feedback from users and implement quickly. Member benefits being added frequently. No complaints here!

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Pricing transparency, full suite of "big company benefits" for our small company, customer service, ease of onboarding and overall attitude and vibes.

Evan from Xperii Corp.

Justworks for a Series A tech startup

We've used Gusto before, which was also good, but found Justworks to be more affordable and useful at the point that we started adding benefits instead of just payroll.

Pros

24/7 live support via Slack is a game changer that I wish every provider would offer. Software itself is very easy to use and setup, benefits are extensive so you can really customize to your team's needs. So much just happens on its own without my involvement which is great.

Cons

Not much functionality around contractors, and can't handle international contractors at all I believe, so we have to use other solutions here. Also no way to schedule recurring reimbursements for benefits that aren't part of the ones they offer already (like if you want to reimburse for a monthly gym membership that isn't ClassPass).

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Founder reviews for Rippling had some nightmare stories.

Allison from Cartwheel

Justworks is a big time saver

Justworks has been a huge time saver for us. Onboarding and terminations are so much easier, payroll essentially runs itself, but perhaps the biggest perk is the great, affordable benefits we now have access to. In the end, even with the JW annual fees, we've saved a lot of money, and provided really great benefits to our employees.

Pros

The ease of onboarding has saved me countless hours.

Cons

I wish the PTO visibility was a bit easier for employees.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Cost savings, mostly. Our sales rep Sanoop at Justworks was also really helpful and made things easy.

Diana from BlueCastle IT Solutions LLC

Easy to Use & Saves tons of time for a business owner!

Overall very positive. Started with Justworks with my first hire and it made it a breeze, plan on continue using Justworks as company continues to grow.

Pros

Website interface is easy to use, streamlined. I like the Quickbooks Online integration I like the easy of comparing Health insurance and other benefits plans during selection and enrollment periods Payroll & PTO calendar sync with Outlook is a small touch but is SUPER useful

Cons

I only docked one star because there isn't really an easy way to contact customer service by phone. Things are funneled to live chat or email first. However, live chat seems responsive and I've had only good customer service experiences.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks seemed way more willing to work with smaller sized companies under 5 employees, which is where we are at. Also their billing was completely transparent. Very happy with my decision.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

Justworks is an excellent PEO for small business

Justworks is a PEO, which stands for Professional Employment Organization. The software is the tool you use to administrate most of your company's activities with the PEO. PEO's come in various business models, but here is the way to think about them: if you are a small business that wants to outsource payroll AND a full set of benefits (health insurance, 401K, dental insurance, workers comp, short term disability, long term disability, paid holidays, paid time off) to your full-time employees), one of your best options is to use a PEO. For payroll, tax and benefit purposes, Justworks becomes the "employer" of your employees. You remain the employer in terms of hire/fire/train/ performance appraisal. You select what benefits you want to offer, and have fairly good flexibility on whether you want the "gold plated" benefits or the "just good enough" benefits or something in between. As the employer, you pay roughly $80 - $99 per month per full time employee for payroll services, plus the cost of the benefits you choose to provide to your employees. As a very small business, using a PEO was by far the best option for me to provide big-company benefits.

Pros

When I shopped about two years ago, Justworks was by far the best AND lowest cost option. Justworks customer support (think of them as your Human Resources department for benefits and payroll) is top notch. We get answers to our questions within a few hours, and have always gotten satisfactory responses to issue. Their payroll service has always been satisfactory, and they allow my company to offer "big company" benefits.

Cons

I really have no complaints about Justworks. When I was shopping for PEOs, I found lots of nightmare reviews of all the other PEOs I found. The large payroll companies also have terrible reviews. I never found a bad review of Justworks, and now I know why. They are a great service provider. The only way I can imagine leaving them is if my company grows so large that it makes sense to have an internal HR and payroll department.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had no negative reviews, and provided exactly what my company needed at the lowest price we could find.

Maggie from Cobblestone Private Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

JustWorks saves us time and keeps our HR organized

We are small and do not need to spend a ton of time/resources on HR right now, but we do have HR needs. JustWorks has been a great way to gently launch into managing payroll and becoming familiar with other benefits we can add in the near future, as we add employees. (Since we only have 2 employees right now and only one is full time, we are not yet eligible for health benefits.) I find the payroll transactions very easy to follow. I do the bookkeeping for the business, as well, but we don't use your automatic Quickbooks feed at this point.

Pros

I love that JustWorks handles all filing and calculations for payroll and also offers benefit options you can add as your company size grows. I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate and, on the few instances where I've had questions, I can often find the info in FAQx. We started using JustWorks last year with 2 employees (one PT, one FT) and can handle payroll very easily + it will be a breeze to add other benefits (health, etc.) as we're eligible. I like that I get notifications about deadlines, as well as updates on relevant state law changes that may affect us. One feature I especially like that I didn't even really consider before we started using the software is that access to templates for creating employee handbooks/policies, etc. Since we're small and growing, these things are important to do, but I don't think we'd tackle them as early in the process if we didn't have solid templates to start with that only required moderate modifications.

Cons

Some of the benefits eligibility is difficult to navigate, but I have a feeling that's more a function of that information being dense, rather than it being unavailable. One thing I've tried to do several times is to download a PDF of our biweekly payroll invoices (our company payroll costs + employer/employee tax breakdown) and that feature is unavailable. I always end up printing it and saving as a PDF, but would much prefer that I could just download a PDF of our broken down bill.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

The salesperson/rep we worked with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and Justworks seemed like the right scale for where we were: doing substantial business, but only just beginning to have employees, but also knowing that we'll hire 1-3 more people this calendar year and that we wanted to be prepared to grow.

MAria GRAzia from Covey P.C.

Justworks review.

Our reps. have been wonderful., easy tp reach, work hard to get our problems resolved in a short space of time. I have a million questions all the time am they are very patient and helpful. The reporting system needs work, the outside 401k need more integration and Wage works needs to be set up with better integration and more information. IT is impossible getting an answer to a question. Their serve needs to be updated wot link with yours.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness of this software. I love the panels and clarity of the pages, the dashboard and the size of the font and that I can see in the side panels a directory of what I can choose. When I can't find something, I can open these windows and usually find what I am looking for another lead to it. I like the breakdown of all fees and workers comp etc and I love that I can see itemized lists when I check the invoicing, where as ADP had a lump sum, hidden fees and no real list of costs. Justworks seems to be much more transparent

Cons

The 401K reporting is not informative enough to be consistent with my admin needs for our plan outside of Justworks.Generally the 401 Administration is not as user friendly and making changes to payroll and 401 deferrals has proven to be more complex and less user friendly. I was not able to adjust my colleagues 401 after she was placed on Paid Family Leave. ITR was more complicated and assistances was required as there was not a real way to know what was needed in order to set up this alternate payment while PFL was being utilized. Also the Wageworkers benefits system is also not integrated well. IT is a problem on their end. Their service has been really inconsistent, however JW helped us hand their inadequacies.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had made several attempts to reach me and offer comparative information. They were very friendly not aggressive and did not pester me. I reached out to you regarding a questions about 401K and I found the representative, even though we were not a client at the time, very informative, knowledgeable and she offered me advise and gave suggestions on 2 things. Her suggestions were very helpful and helped us choose a 401 K plan . I asked for pricing 3 times and all 3 times it was given with no judgement or aggressive follow up. I like that relaxed way of being helpful and offering a service without bugging you. So I suggested this option to my boss. H

Meri from Design 27

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy Transistion

Overall my experience with Justworks has been very good. I transitioned from a large PEO that offered a lot more services than I needed and I was not really sure what I was paying at times. I have found Justworks offers everything I need to easily process payroll, including bonuses, and the health insurance program is actually better at least for my family than what I was getting in the past. There have been times when I needed help fixing things I did incorrectly or just special circumstances and the Justworks staff was very happy to help me out.

Pros

The Justworks product is pretty intuitive so makes it easy to use. My company is in the technology industry so I need a product that my staff can quickly tap into when needed but that doesn't require babysitting .

Cons

I don't like that the payroll reports download in a spreadsheet that I personally find less readable than I would like. I would prefer a simple report format that lists each person's' details similar to a check stub and then provides a summary. I am not a trained accountant or bookkeeper so I appreciate things being super simple.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Our rep--was why I picked Justworks. He is a tremendous asset to Justworks!!!!I don't remember now who else I was also considering but it quickly turned into if I was leaving my previous PEO it would be to come to Justworks. I am only disappointed that I could not keep working with him although I completely understand why.

Irina from Kimberlite Holdings INC

Industry: Investment Banking

Justworks Platform

The breakdown of all fees and taxes is very transparent in the system which allows me to produce accurate reports for the management with minimal effort. Great customer service allows to solve issues and get my questions answered without any wait time.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, the screens are very intuitive and user-friendly. The information presented in a very clean and efficient form, screens are easy to navigate and understand. The platform offers a variety of services from payroll management, payroll compliance, training, HR tools, and benefit coverage at a very competitive price.

Cons

There are some reporting that has not been fully developed yet. It is definitely not a show stopper but a very nice and convent feature to have. Since I am a system administrator and act as a VP of Finance for the company I work for, collecting data for reporting purposes is not readily available and requires massaging data.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

I thought that Justworks software was better and the service was priced better.

Robert from The A Group, Inc.

Straightforward Dashboard with Excellent Support

Overall my experience with JustWorks has been a positive one. Their support team are easy to access and answer questions quickly.

Pros

Employee and contractor management solutions are super easy and straightforward. Benefits solution, including the Time Off options, are also easy to use and administer. Employees love the simple dashboard used for accessing review docs, submitting time off requests, and accessing contractor contacts.

Cons

Wish vendors were treated like contractors, with the ability to store documents associated with vendors and add them to company directory.

n/a

April from GetUWired, Inc

I never thought I'd love a PEO

I love Justworks. We've used both PayChex and ADP in the past and have had horrible experiences. The switch to Justworks has been amazing. It's made my day-to-day work so much more streamlined and less stressful

Pros

Cons

Reporting could be improved, but I know that this is something they're constantly working on.

Juliette from Andbox

Justworks leads the PEO market

If you get a good account manager you are all set. But that's key.

Pros

This is The Most User-Friendly software for my employees to experience

Cons

There are still some features that aren't well thought out, such as tracking and paying hourly employee time, problematic birthday features, and details like that.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

It leads the market on all counts.

Coleen from SSI Strategy

Wonderful tool for our small business.

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Had heard some negative feedback from some colleagues with regards to ADP.

Christa from Health System Resources

Incredible Admin and Employee Support

I have found exemplary employees in all aspects of the process (sales, onboarding rep, account rep, HR support, accounting). I feel thankful every day that I have the support and guidance of Justworks to help navigate the complexities of payroll, benefits, and compliance.

Pros

The customer service is unmatched with some of the more well known brands. The website is very intuitive, and easy to use. If you do have a problem, or question, there is no ticket system where it takes forever to get a rep. You have a dedicated, accessible account manager who is your go to, and can also work with the 24/7 support team. Instead of every question going through you as an admin, their support team is very hands on and works with your employees as well.

Cons

There have been a few limitations on the PTO system that I have had to find workarounds to, though I believe this is going to be corrected in the next few months.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

The cost and customer service, along with the ease and intuitiveness of the portal. You don't need a 3 day training course just to start using it.

Jessica from FanHero

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

Pros

I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

Cons

Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Kirsten from Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Industry: Law Practice

Great people, great value

The people - sales, account managers and help desk folks - are all really great. They are patient with multiple questions and are very responsive. I love the Slack channel!

Pros

All of the features are very user friendly, for both admins and end users.

Cons

There isn't an integration with Quickbooks Desktop so I have to enter the transactions manually. Also, I am not able to customize reports as much as I would like.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks was clearly the best value for the features and services we needed.

Hadar from Powerinbox

Best UI, best value for money, can upgrade their customer support

I'm very happy with their platform, services and prices. Chose to renew our subscription for two years in a row. Others can't compete with their great pricing and their platform.

Pros

The information is very accessible, the look and feel is 21st century compares to others I've tried in the past. I can find anything I need about employees, payroll and more within 2 minutes max.

Cons

The customer support can be better. They are very pleasant but are not always on top of things when it comes to different states or open issues. I've had to follow up with our account manager on different issues and once actually insisted on getting a new rep due to a series problem they created for us.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Their offering was the best one. Saved us a lot of money.

Gini from Kryo

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Justworks is THE BEST!

Love love love Justworks! Their customer service is superb... every single person I’ve dealt with at their company has been professional, knowledgeable and so helpful!

Pros

We love Justworks! After working with a few other PEO’s, we can confidently say that Justworks is the best around! Their software is user friendly and simple and their customer service is top notch!

Cons

The only improvement I’d love is some sorta of notifications for calendar events- ie. Admins or managers get emails prior to a team members birthday, team anniversary, pto.

Best cost for services.

Jessica from Tx3 Services

Great product, decent customer service

Sales team was very professional and informative. A few instances where we assumed something that wasn't the case, but they are very open to hearing suggestions and easy to get in touch with. If you need strong HR support, it might not be the best option, it seems that they have very "canned" responses when dealing with HR questions. But the overall system & ease of use is fantastic.

Pros

Very easy to use, great standardized reports

Cons

Nothing. It is very easy to use and great support.

Alisha from Emerge America

Industry: Political Organization

JustWorks has been a lifesaver for our rapidly growing organization!

They have been an incredible partner. Great customer service and tools that help their clients reach new heights.

Pros

We love the easy functionality of the website. The time tracking and time off features have been great in implementing consistent policies. We employ people in multiple states so the work they do to manage the unemployment accounts in each state’s has really been the backbone that has allowed our rapid growth.

Cons

No real complaints. I wish there was an app to use on my phone but understand the security concerns with that. I also wish is auto generated PTO balances and paid employees out automatically when they are terminated in the system.

Justworks Is Amazing

Pros

What I truly like is the clarity on what we are being charged. I also enjoy how easy it is to use.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have time tracking abilities for hourly employees. We have to use an outside tracking software.

Rachael from Pedago, LLC

Worth its weight in gold!

We switched to Justworks from a traditional payroll provider and have loved the experience. Justworks makes it easy to onboard employees all over the US and has exceptional customer service to help with any and all compliance and payroll questions. I get sales calls all the time from other PEOs and ignore every single one; we have no reason to leave and we're so glad we've made the switch!

Pros

Easy to use, the account reps are extremely quick to reply and helpful. There's always a real human a click of a button or a phone call away to answer questions. They've simplified our operations and made it much easier to manage a widely distributed remote team.

Cons

I'd love for the search function to be a little stronger—we have a ton of vendors and there's no way to search for them currently. It would also be great if this software had an org chart builder!

Anna Ruth from ARPR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros

The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons

It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Kristin from Clarke Consulting

Great savings and ease of use

Very good service and great features

Pros

Justworks has saved us a lot of money on payroll administration, group health insurance and other benefits. Their platform is so easy to use and has saved me countless hours in benefits enrollment and administration. Love this PEO!

Cons

would like more customization for historical payroll reports, but it’s not a dealbreaker

Sirius from Highfield Gardner LLC

Justworks has been lifesaving

Overall Experience has been great. Very easy program to use and to teach. We've had two account managers so far and they both have been AMAZING.

Pros

As both and admin and a user, the software's interface and functionality is very easy to use.

Cons

Invoices are not able to be converted to a pdf. That is something I'd like to see them improve.

Lynne from Anderson Elder Law

Industry: Law Practice

Justworks Review

Pros

Staff can enter their hours and request PTO, etc., through the portal.

Cons

It was set on an 8 hour day and some of our staff work 8 hours and others work 7.5 hours and that adjustment was hard to get Just Works to fix at times. Onboarding was good we thought until we found that a crucial piece regarding unemployment comp was not communicated to us.

Brianna from LoftOpera

Industry: Performing Arts

Justworks Gives Me LIFE

I've used Justworks for a little over a year now and I adore it. They are always super helpful over the phone and email. I send them as many referrals as I can! I love that I can manage tons of contractors and schedule payments very easily. Their profiles make it easy for my employees to manage their settings and keep up to date with payments.

Pros

Very beautiful, easy to use, serves the purpose very clearly. I love that it was very quick to learn and keeps getting better. If I ever have questions about insurance my account rep is amazingly quick to respond and always helpful.

Cons

There isn't anything bad I can say!

K.L. from Cloudcherry

fabulous payroll software

yes Justworks is one of the best payroll/HR tool for US companies of all sizes. without a doubt you will be amazed by the experience and the service they offer.

Pros

we moved our payroll software from a old vendor to Justworks 7 months back. trust that was the best decision we could have taken. Right from the day one of transition we experienced fabulous customer service. the software itself was pretty easy to use both for the Admin and the employee. their Customer success ensure everything is smooth for you in the early days. their 24/7 Customer services is great place to get issues addressed. any company with as low as 2 employees can avail their service. they treat every customer the same way.

Cons

they do not have a mobile app for employees to access the paystubs and others stuff. that is a drawback.

Coralie from SelfMade

It's in the name. It Just Works.

It has solved many issues we would have otherwise run into like all payments, headcount reports, tax docs, contact info.

Pros

Super sue friendly. On demand customer service via slack or phone call. Always helpful. Excellent product, easy for admins to help their staff.

Cons

More flexibility for benefits for partime and contractors. With the rise of remote and freelance work, it would be great to be able to offer benefit packages whatever those may be as options for companies who employe many freelancers.

Amadna from Cream LLC

Industry: Animation

Good, but pricey

Overall positive, but could be smoother.

Pros

The interface is easy. There's always a place to find the answer you are looking for. I like the discounts for healthcare while using Justworks as a PEO.

Cons

The software is great. However, I didn't love that when we onboarded with Justworks they didn't let us know that we needed to take lots of steps with the state to cancel certain things. We got hit with some unexpected fees and slapped on the wrist. It also cost us lawyer and CPA $$ since we had to get their advice on the matter.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

John was great at customer service and made us feel comfortable with moving forward.

Darby from Leadership Resources

Justworks Makes our Small Company Feel Large

Pros

By using Justworks, we have gotten access to more affordable services for our team members, including health insurance which is very difficult for a small company to provide. The software itself means that our new hire onboarding and enrollment is easy to use and something that a small company would not be able to provide on its own.

Cons

The only con I have found so far is that cost. The price you pay per employee per month is quite high to gain access to these things. I am not sure how long we will be able to do it.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Their follow-up and offerings were way better.

Luke from innRoad

Puts all of my human resources needs onto one site.

For a smaller company that doesn't necessarily need a full time human resources department this site is a no brainier. It keeps track of everything that an employee needs for their personal use.

Pros

Justworks is a super easy site to navigate. I am able to easily deal with any benefits that I am given by my company and start or cancel them when ever I want to. Having all my pay stubs in one place has also made it easy to keep track of my compensation.

Cons

There aren't many cons for Justworks for what I use it for. Maybe it can be a little bit easier to navigate but that is pretty nit-picky.

Katherine from VirtualHealth

Great simple system and tool

I joined a company 7 months ago who had Justworks set up. I had not used the system and within a few days of being in it am a super-user of the tool. It's incredibly easy to navigate, work with and pull information from. I have extensive experience with ADP and SAP and both of those tools have so many knock on implications when something is set up that work flows are much more challenging and any slight change and mess up your system. This is so much more user-friendly - for what it is used for at my company.

Pros

The ease of use, end-user interface and ease to create and add on information to a personnel record.

Cons

Reporting functionality and record maintenance.

Ann from TF Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

All is well until it is not

Twice the state has called me because things were not filed correctly with them. First they were lacking to information for our Worker's Comp coverage, then it was because they didn't have a record of our Disability and Paid Family Leave Insurance. There was also a discrepancy between the amount JustWorks had invoiced us, and the amount withdrawn from our bank account. I was told that it was probably related to the Paid Family Leave Insurance. The support team has told me that these problems are very rare, but in my experience they seem common. The reasons we joined JustWorks were ensure our payroll was handled correctly, that we were compliant with all state and federal regulations and to get better health care coverage.

Pros

better insurance rates handles payroll is supposed to handle all state and federal regulations

Cons

The Help and Support are useless, they direct me to unrelated articles I get too many emails - it is hard to determine when I need to act or when it is spam in disguise.

Sandy from Brat Inc

Amazing Platform

I use justworks for benefits, payroll, employee documentation with policies, EH, and other important notes and it has all been so easy to use and very reliable. I love that i can reach my rep immediately and if he is not in the office then someone else takes over and answers very quickly. It's great!

Pros

It is extremely easy to use. I love that I am able to store any important documentation and have it all in one place. I really love the payment tool, it is very easy to schedule, stop, add, view history when it comes to payments.

Cons

I wish there were more days in before payroll processing. Sometimes I need to make an adjustment or employees that use timecards don't know if they will do OT one day but they have to submit days before processing.

Neda from Radiator Labs

Justworks helps my business run smoothly

Pros

I feel that I can rely on Justworks to make sure that our company payroll and benefits run smoothly and that we stay compliant. I can trust the packages of benefits they provide, the payment processing services, and their additional HR tools and support.

Cons

I don't think there are any features missing from Justworks.

Martin from Adhunter Limited

Industry: Information Services

It Justworks

Allowed us to set up a US subsidiary with minimal fuss, gives our employees a great deal on benefits we couldn't provide as a small company

Pros

All features are simple to use. The automatic updating of payments with changes is fantastic, linking to XERO smooth. Benefit setup and management removes a massive headache. Multistate filing smooth

Cons

As a foreigner getting used to US payroll jargon

Neil from DemystData

Industry: Information Services

One Stop Shop

Aside from my suggestion above, the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

I can do most of what I need with or employees on the platform...one of my favorite aspects of JW is the ease of onboarding new hires; from signup to payrolling and I9, it's 100% goof-proof!

Cons

It would be great if there was a Human Capital Management piece. We currently use PeopleGoal for performance reviews and feedback. If we were able to manage this process in JW, it would save lots of time and resources.

Erik from Mystic River Consulting

Justworks

Pros

Very user friendly with a great interface.

Cons

It needs more integrations and needs an expense option or the ability to integrate with an expense tool/software.

Brian from Mamava Inc

Industry: Furniture

No Brainer for Small Businesses

Pros

Simplicity, scaleability, and affordability. What I mean by this is adding a new employee to the platform (takes <1 min), expanding our employment base to new states is no longer a painful arduous task dealing with departments of labor in each state (Justworks handles it all), and the level of benefits we can offer to our employees is way way better than what we could afford to do previously (health insurance, FSA/HSA, 401K, life/disability insurance, etc...all through a simple to use platform).

Cons

Nothing really. As a startup new employees are blown away by what we can offer them because of our partnership with Justworks.

Anthony from CargoTrans, Inc.

Justworks - Really WORKS!

Pros

Easy to use and great customer experience.

Cons

It would be great if calendar could sync with outlook or be exported.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Better online user experience and minimal investment.

Kathy from Still Burton LLP

Justworks is great

Savings on health insurance and ease of use

Pros

Ease of use and common sense functionality

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that I did not like

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Cost, user friendly, customer service

Frank from Shotzr, Inc.

Justworks

Could not be more positive ...

Pros

Cons

I have no complaints and really no feedback on what could done to improve this service ... it just works. Pun intended ...

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Easy to get started, simple onboarding ...

Liz from Urban Green Council

Justworks is AMAZING!

Pros

We switched to Justworks a little over a year ago and it was the best decision I made. It is easy to use, staff loves the customer service, and it is incredibly intuitive.

Cons

No cons. Everything works really well and customer service is awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

I reviewed many other options but they were by far the best. The transition experience was seamless