All Justworks Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

February 2022

It Just Works for our employees

Jessica

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

Pros

I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

Cons

Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Mike

One of the best decisions we've ever made for our small business!

Justworks helps alleviate all the hassles of dealing with payroll, HR, and compliance that plagued us for so long. We no longer have to worry about the IRS, new employee set up is simple and quick, and their customer service team is always there for us when we need them (and super helpful, too). The company (Justworks) truly cares about our business and making things easier for us in so many ways. When the Covid-19 pandemic hit and all the new laws were passed earlier this year to help us navigate the pandemic, Justworks was always on top of things and make it very easy for us to apply for the PPP loan accurately and quickly. We got that loan and that has made a world of difference for our business this year! Thank you!!!

Pros

The Justworks software is top-notch, very intuitive, and if there are ever any issues with it, their customer service team is always ready to help. I think the thing I like most about their software/platform is that it has eliminated so much paperwork for our business. Everything is digital and very user-friendly. Can't imagine life without it anymore!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of one thing that I have a problem with. Justworks seems to always be one step ahead of us and that is truly appreciated!

Reasons for choosing Justworks

Justworks seemed to be the easiest to use.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

I wanted a platform/software that would eliminate any chance of me making mistakes that would lead to letters from the IRS. Justworks has done that!

GREG

Industry: Photography

unpleasant experience

Terrible experience. This company is growing to quickly and doesn't have experienced staff. They are not clear in their communication, multiple times telling us one thing and delivering another. We have been onboard Since Jan 1 and will be canceling. No amount of health care discount is worth the hassle.

Pros

solid software. Easy to use. Clearly the only advantage they have one their competitors.

Cons

calendars are not updated enough in advance so you know when non-payroll items are deducted from your account.

Donna

Industry: Investment Banking

Very Satisfied Customer...

After the transition from sales to the onboarding process with the implementation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and helped me set up the employees and explained all the different parts to the software. She then introduced me to our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which I had the opportunity to meet. Overall, the experience was terrific and wished I knew about Justworks earlier. We indeed are so appreciative and grateful for the assistance from the Justworks Team.

Pros

I love that the Justworks software has everything in one area. You have access to the employees' information, payroll, benefits, PTO policies, invoicing, and compliance items. It is easy, functional, saves a lot of time after the initial setup. There are multiple ways our employees can reach out if someone in our HR department is not available.

Cons

At this time, I do not have any cons. The Justworks team is always keeping our firm updated with news and other information within the platform or via email.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the sales department worked on analyses with a census that our firm sent him. He came up with different options regarding obtaining health insurance and how the software would help our firm. He answered all of our questions and concerns and explained how the onboarding process would go, monthly costs, and was upfront about everything. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional throughout the process and listened to what we wanted. He checks in with our firm often to make sure everything is working smoothly.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

We were able to be part of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). This gave our company access to health insurance with larger group benefit pricing. Health insurance options are limited and extremely expensive when you are a smaller firm. Also, having everything in one area versus working with many software programs made the decision to switch very easy. In addition, our firm saved over $21,000 annually due to purchasing health insurance as a PEO with Justrworks.

Matt

Fantastic

Justworks i sby far one of the best service providers that I've worked with across any discipline. The software is easy to use, the help is fantastic, and the support options (email, phone, or my favorite: Slack) are top notch. Whenever I have a question, whether about the software or about a specific payroll or benefits question, I hop on Slack and am able to chat with a representative within a couple of minutes. I've found them universally to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Justworks of course isn't just a software package, but the software itself is top notch. It's easy to use, a complete solution, and makes it easy to adminster our entire workforce quickly. If I had to pick the best attribute, it would be management of payroll. Prior to Justworks we had bounced around between a few different payroll providers, and the experience was subpar. With Justworks it's point and click, and I can walk away with confidence knowing that it will be done correctly.

Cons

I would like to see more training offerings built into the platform, for example a general training course for new managers, but I can't think of any other offerings that are lacking.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

Justworks had a better reputation and better software, and the pricing was much more attractive.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

We began looking at Justworks as a benefits option (moving from traditional health insurance to a PEO), but we were blown away by the service and software offerings that came with it.

Shannon

So Happy I Made the Switch to JustWorks!

My team and I evaluated several PEO options before ultimately choosing to go with JustWorks. JustWorks was the most cost-effective, with the best benefit offerings for my employees, the most intuitive user interface and allowed me to have the most control of all of my employee's data.

Pros

The tool is extremely user-friendly. I did very limited training for my employees to learn how to use it because of the intuitive user-interface. The Customer Support team is fantastic! I can call up my Account Manager or quickly use the chat feature and I always get a quick and friendly response and a resolution to my question or issue.

Cons

The services may not be as comprehensive as other PEO systems, but my Account Manager is always quick to recommend a tool or service that would be compatible (example: applicant tracking system).

Reasons for choosing Justworks

For all of the reasons I mentioned above, but especially the overall cost was better as well of the more cost-effective and varied benefits offerings for my employees was a big draw.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

The company was previously supported by ADP TotalSource and was paying for a lot of additional enterprise-level functionality that we did not need as a small business. Their system was not easy for my employees to use, too expensive, and the last benefits renewal was going to be a 50% increase in cost to my employees.

Benjamin

Perfect PEO Solution

I scouted HRIS and PEOs and landed on JustWorks after some recommendations from other start ups. I am so glad we went with JW and am an evangelist to what they're doing. Easy to use, implement and their support is exactly what we needed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Transparency around all pricing and fees, no hidden costs or surprises, ease of sales process, onboarding was seamless and well organized, full support during signing up, onboarding and sustained ops. Customer service 24/7 across multiple channels monitored by humans has been HUGE. The software is easy to use as an admin and user. The HR tools have been very helpful. We had very early unique employee circumstances and JustWorks support helped guide is successfully through these events and added huge value to my employees and the company.

Cons

Software constantly being upgraded - which is great. They take feedback from users and implement quickly. Member benefits being added frequently. No complaints here!

Reasons for choosing Justworks

Pricing transparency, full suite of "big company benefits" for our small company, customer service, ease of onboarding and overall attitude and vibes.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

More robust platform, better customer service, upgraded to PEO for employer of record reasons + health benefits.

The whole enchilada

Justworks has been a blessing from the start. On-boarding was simple and their team provided all of the necessary steps to get up and running quickly. Administration in the platform is simple and our employees far prefer the easy access to payroll and benefit documents over our previous system. Finally the consolidation of all relevant documentation, reminders, and JustWorks attention to education has made this platform a huge time saver for our company.

Pros

The unification of all HR related tasks are a huge plus for a small business. JustWorks is a force multiplier that allows a small business such as ours to provide benefits to our employees in a simple and direct way. There is no need to bounce between multiple platforms, providers, or agents to manage payroll, healthcare, workers comp, etc. Everything is accessible in a simple and intuitive system.

Cons

Navigating benefits can be a bit of a challenge, however the JustWorks team is always there to help guide you and provide the necessary resources.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

JustWorks is an intuitive platform that enables our company to save hours per week on administration while ensuring our employees have the benefits they need, when they need them.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

Paycor was klunky, difficult to navigate and had questionable customer service.

Evan

Justworks for a Series A tech startup

We've used Gusto before, which was also good, but found Justworks to be more affordable and useful at the point that we started adding benefits instead of just payroll.

Pros

24/7 live support via Slack is a game changer that I wish every provider would offer. Software itself is very easy to use and setup, benefits are extensive so you can really customize to your team's needs. So much just happens on its own without my involvement which is great.

Cons

Not much functionality around contractors, and can't handle international contractors at all I believe, so we have to use other solutions here. Also no way to schedule recurring reimbursements for benefits that aren't part of the ones they offer already (like if you want to reimburse for a monthly gym membership that isn't ClassPass).

Reasons for choosing Justworks

Founder reviews for Rippling had some nightmare stories.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

When we were adding benefits Justworks was more cost effective and they came recommended by other founders I know.

Allison

Justworks is a big time saver

Justworks has been a huge time saver for us. Onboarding and terminations are so much easier, payroll essentially runs itself, but perhaps the biggest perk is the great, affordable benefits we now have access to. In the end, even with the JW annual fees, we've saved a lot of money, and provided really great benefits to our employees.

Pros

The ease of onboarding has saved me countless hours.

Cons

I wish the PTO visibility was a bit easier for employees.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

Cost savings, mostly. Our sales rep Sanoop at Justworks was also really helpful and made things easy.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

100% because of the cost of health benefits.

Robert

Straightforward Dashboard with Excellent Support

Overall my experience with JustWorks has been a positive one. Their support team are easy to access and answer questions quickly.

Pros

Employee and contractor management solutions are super easy and straightforward. Benefits solution, including the Time Off options, are also easy to use and administer. Employees love the simple dashboard used for accessing review docs, submitting time off requests, and accessing contractor contacts.

Cons

Wish vendors were treated like contractors, with the ability to store documents associated with vendors and add them to company directory.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Justworks

We need the PEO features including payroll/1099 payments and the power of larger group getting more competitive insurance premiums.

Laurie

GraceBlood, LLC Review of Justworks

I've worked with ADP, Paychex, Stratex and several smaller payroll applications and JustWorks is the most straight-forward and easy to use.

Pros

There is little to no training required, very self-explanatory if you've done payroll in the past.

Cons

It would be nice to see more ready-made reports.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

It seemed to be the most straight forward and matched our needs.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

Desired HR support and easier payroll processing.

Magda

Best Decision We Ever Made

My experience with Justworks has been top notch. I keep getting calls from competitors (ADP) to switch and I keep telling them that I am very happy and don't want to switch.

Pros

Very easy to use and if I don't know how to do something, I get support immediately.

Cons

I cannot think of any part of the Justworks software that I don't like. Maybe the report writing could be better?

Reasons for choosing Justworks

ADP did not have such a robust program at the time that we were looking.

Maggie

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

JustWorks saves us time and keeps our HR organized

We are small and do not need to spend a ton of time/resources on HR right now, but we do have HR needs. JustWorks has been a great way to gently launch into managing payroll and becoming familiar with other benefits we can add in the near future, as we add employees. (Since we only have 2 employees right now and only one is full time, we are not yet eligible for health benefits.) I find the payroll transactions very easy to follow. I do the bookkeeping for the business, as well, but we don't use your automatic Quickbooks feed at this point.

Pros

I love that JustWorks handles all filing and calculations for payroll and also offers benefit options you can add as your company size grows. I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate and, on the few instances where I've had questions, I can often find the info in FAQx. We started using JustWorks last year with 2 employees (one PT, one FT) and can handle payroll very easily + it will be a breeze to add other benefits (health, etc.) as we're eligible. I like that I get notifications about deadlines, as well as updates on relevant state law changes that may affect us. One feature I especially like that I didn't even really consider before we started using the software is that access to templates for creating employee handbooks/policies, etc. Since we're small and growing, these things are important to do, but I don't think we'd tackle them as early in the process if we didn't have solid templates to start with that only required moderate modifications.

Cons

Some of the benefits eligibility is difficult to navigate, but I have a feeling that's more a function of that information being dense, rather than it being unavailable. One thing I've tried to do several times is to download a PDF of our biweekly payroll invoices (our company payroll costs + employer/employee tax breakdown) and that feature is unavailable. I always end up printing it and saving as a PDF, but would much prefer that I could just download a PDF of our broken down bill.

Reasons for choosing Justworks

The salesperson/rep we worked with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and Justworks seemed like the right scale for where we were: doing substantial business, but only just beginning to have employees, but also knowing that we'll hire 1-3 more people this calendar year and that we wanted to be prepared to grow.

Meri