• Pros

• "Easy to use. No serious training required. Lots of great features. Simple and effective. "

• "it has Easy interface - to work and use and also Great customer service it Provides the performance management software "

• "It's totally accessible/easy to use, and it has options for public and private commenting. I love how the team leads can switch up the questions every week."

• Cons

• "The mobile app is good but isn't as robust as the desktop version."

• "The user interface could continue to improve. While it isn't bad, there is room to grow."

• "The only con is working in all the cool features as a new user. We want to use it all right now, but also need to grow into some of these features. "

Browse 15Five Reviews

Daniel from Single Grain LLC

From an HR Professional; this is the most powerful and easy to use tool I have ever seen in business

We monitor and manage our whole team using the software. Major objectives to weekly check in. It is our #1 people tool.

Pros

Super easy to use - no 'training' necessary (even though it is available). Get's the team to think every week about what's important, how they can be intentional with their time, what they want to achieve and how to bring ideas to the table. The performance management software takes conversations to where they should be - improving the working life of employees. It's development focussed and doesn't take long to do. The new homepage allows each team member to use the product daily to stay on top of what's important. We use the rating out of 5 each week as a key company metric to get a sense of how our team are feeling about work.

Cons

We recently engaged a points based recognition program which I fear will replace the high5's. I'm wondering if this could be integrated somehow as the high5's were a real motivator for the team. From what I can tell, there is no analysis tool at the end of a review period to analyse the 'manager only' data so see what ratings were provided across the board. It would be great to use a talent rating in the system too which showed where our high performers were.

Jennifer from Tolmar, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

High for 15Five

We hope that this tool will help supervisors/managers take the time to schedule time with employees. This tool allows employees to put ideas/issues on weekly rather than when they have time to talk to their superior. It also makes employees accountable if they don't bring up issues are participate.

Pros

That it is so easy to use and great way to stay connected with your employees and your boss. It keeps all the conversations in a central location! I just started using it but really like the 1:1 tool, as both of you can enter information and action items.

Cons

So far I like everything, with anything it takes time to get familiar with the system.

Response from 15Five

Replied January 2020

Hi, Jennifer, Thanks so much for sharing about the positive experience you're having with 15Five so early on. Looking forward to seeing how this value continues to grow at Tolmar! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Daniel from World Vision Canada

A Great Tool!

Good, I'm enjoying using the platform and find it to be a useful tool.

Pros

Keeps us on the same page. Keeps us focused on our goals. Provides clarity and fosters collaboration. It's on outlet for staff's voice to be heard and recognize colleagues for good work.

Cons

No specific area for career or personal development goals.

TYLER from Choices for Youth

Was subjected to this - bleh!

I was forced to use this for a while at a previous job and found that it interrupted my workflow, wasted my time, and was generally a nuisance.

Pros

I'm not going to lie, I hated using this software. It facilitates the kind of micro managing, having meetings about meetings style of working within a team that I hate about non-profit life, and am glad to have left behind.

Cons

I just never got anything valuable from using this software. I don't understand the need for it, and I found using it to be a giant waste of time.

Response from 15Five

Replied November 2019

Hey, Tyler! Thanks for taking time to share your feedback with 15Five - we really appreciate it. I'm truly sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with our platform. We certainly don't advocate for a culture of micro-management; rather, we want to help organizations help their people become their best selves. I would love to speak with you to understand how we could have made your experience, and in turn every 15Five-er's experience, better. Would you be open to having a conversation about this? If so, please share your availability and preferred method for me to contact you. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager, 15Five

Chris from Briotix Health

Proven to help improve team performance and growth at 3 companies!

My first experience was as a user and I remember getting the invitation to join and I was like, "Great, another HR tool." Once I got in there and learned about the 15Five mantra, I immediately loved it and started to take over ownership and expanding it throughout every organization I have worked at since. As in my Pros section, I have seen every team that adopts 15Five grow from the individual and up.

Pros

The "annual review" and the like are very invaluable to the individual and become an exercise in repetition. 15Five takes what that same concept tries to accomplish and incorporates it into smaller, admin defined spans. With each [bi]weekly 15Five, the Team can focus on their priorities and align them with the overarching objectives/goals (individual, department, and/or company-wide). As a result, the growth path is managed at early stages and progress is recorded throughout the process to document each team member. I have used 15Five at 3 companies and have seen my teams improve within a short period each time. It does take effort but once it becomes the norm, progress just starts running!

Cons

There are always going to be features that are wanted and/or desired in any software. 15Five has a lot right out of the gate with a lot of the features I would have liked to see now in production and currently getting worked into my setup. I honestly don't have anything negative regarding 15Five as a software nor as a company.

Reasons for Choosing 15Five

BambooHR is a great tool for HR but their review tools are the same old annual review and goals that don't get to the granularity that 15Five does. This is where the magic happens.

Andy from CineMassive

Industry: Security and Investigations

Why you need to consider 15Five

I've worked for companies that had millions of dollars in revenue and companies that boasted many billions in revenue and both size orgs and every others that fall somewhere in between could find value in implementing this tool. The key is to use it consistently and be willing to objectively accept, analyze and use the data that is returned.

Pros

I'm in the 30th year of my working life and career and have been fortunate to have seen a lot tools that center around the human resources arena. There are a lot of good ones out there and I've used many of them with success. But there is something different about 15Five. This tool gives you the right-size touch points to measure your team's temperature all along the way. Too many companies rely on annual reviews, or semi-annual if they are proactive to gauge their employee's mindset and solicit feedback. Two days out of the year doesn't come close to providing meaningful data. 15Five offers up a non-threatening way to check-in with your team and make sure everyone is in the game. There have been times where the 1-5 scale for "how did the week go" produced a "3" response. It presented the opportunity to ask the right questions and correct any challenges within a 5-day timeframe instead of the traditional 6-month interval. In some instances, the lower rating was based on factors outside of work which is helpful to know as well because home and work life always comingle despite our best efforts to separate the two. All-in-all... an extremely valuable tool.

Cons

Perhaps a few more analytics for managers to check into but nothing that takes away from the overall value of the tool.

Great tool for connecting with your team.

Overall, for a weekly check-in tool, it is great and easy to use. I think it is very basic which makes adoption easy but I am not sure how complex it could get.

Pros

I LOVE high - fives. Our company uses them religiously and shares them with everyone each week so it is a great way to say job well done! I also like the ability to share goals and log progress with my manager and express feedback that may not have been discussed during one on ones.

Cons

The questions asked each week are sometimes really general with nothing to really add value by answering. The review process is also pretty basic, but not sure if this is just how our company uses it.

Rob from PaperKite

15Five has become a core part of our efforts to build the best place to work

Pros

Super easy to use. Supports best practice behaviours we believe in. Encourages positive and constructive feedback. No niggly bugs, usability issues, or disappointments.

Cons

It needs better support for integrations with workflow management tools. Effective teams work together on problems + tasks, and there are tools like Trello which do a great job of this. Integrating these tools with the processes encourages by 15Five would be fantastic.

Jon from symplr

Feedback

Very positive. Drives structure to one on ones so we are better prepped and having deeper conversations. Allows for initiative tracking and weekly goals tracking to ensure we are holding ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our committments.

Pros

simple to use and helps drive healthy habits to deliver for the business

Cons

Appears to be some lacking features but it might just be how my organization has deployed it

Luca from Cy.Pag. S.r.l.

Complete yet easy performance management and HR tool

Excellent product, really useful if you are serious about performance management and also "giving voice" to your empåloyees

Pros

"Built in" best practices like OKRs, weekly reviews etc, easy to use and implement

Cons

Could be more customized according to company specific needs

Shane from OEC

15Five completely changed the way we lead our team

I signed my team up for 15Five some time ago, hoping that this software would somehow tell me the questions I needed to ask to help them grow. When we first started our journey, the suggested questions quickly ran out, though! This was actually a great thing, as I could see the potential value, but now I needed to develop my own questions. This has been a MASSIVE recognition - software can't tell me what to ask my team, but it sure can help me create a culture with my own questions! We use 15Five to manage a nationally-disbursed Field Team of 27 associates, and routinely have extremely high satisfaction within the team. Just last week, I sent out a survey to the team to rate their managers on 8 key indicators (including 15Five interactions) - the result was a 97% favorable rating across all 8 KPIs. There's a lot that goes into that high rating, but 15Five is the glue that holds us together!

Pros

- It's easy to use week-to-week and serves are our "meeting space" - The use of "repeatable questions" has allowed my team to evolve from conventional performance management solutions to an ongoing discussion of each associates performance - The visuals in the Dashboards allow me to display to the rest of the organization how my team is trending and continues to get the chatter going with other teams who don't (yet) use 15Five - The OKR feature allows us to coach our team on ensuring that they are trending well towards both their professional and personal goals

Cons

- I still struggle with the Question Queue, but have developed my own work-around to deal with that - I wish that associates were not allowed to see other responses before submitting their own each week. There are some on my team that seem to look at other responses before submitting their own - Associates should not be able to submit their responses before a pre-set date. My team is supposed to submit on Monday mornings. We are trying to drive a culture of reflection on Monday's before starting the week, but often they submit early (like on the weekend) - which has caused issues of them submitting before new questions rolled in.

Nik from Smart Membrane Solutions

Industry: Dairy

15Five - User, Reporting & Management Perspectives

User: A quick and easy way to provide feedback to management. Reporting: Easy to generate reports that clearly show how staff are feeling, and who is making a difference for other staff. Management: Productivity is linked to how staff are feeling, and 15Five quickly and regularly captures this information. This allows us to address any issues before they become a big problem and cost us too much in lost productivity. Also finding time to sit down with every staff member every week to get their feedback is nearly impossible. 15Five solves this problem by being online and therefore able to be completed and reviewed from anywhere and at any time.

Pros

User: A great tool for giving a quick update on my tasks and projects at the end of each week. Its like a log of my activity, challenges, decisions and outcomes. It is also a good place to raise any concerns & issues. Being online means I can complete my weekly update from anywhere, and at any time. Reporting: The API is brilliant. We have used the API to generate our own reports for senior management and staff that track how we are feeling as a company, the 'High Fives', and how everyone is going with their weekly 15Five feedback. Management: Senior management can quickly get an indication of how all staff are feeling, how all staff are getting on with their work, and who is making a difference for other staff. It also makes it easy to get regular feedback, and that feedback was very useful for annual reviews.

Cons

User: The software is very good at 'one-on-one' feedback, but most of us work as part of a team and this is perhaps one area that 15Five could develop further. Reporting: Would be useful to have Tags that we can assign for tasks and projects so that we can link them with our timesheet software to capture effort etc. Management: Would be useful to have sentiment analysis for comments on tasks and projects so that we could quickly identify strongly negative and positive comments.

Mike from JustFab

15Five is a great resource to promote employee engagement

One of my first questions in my 15Five, which I still see on occasion is a three part question. What are you proud of this week? What are you stressed about? What can we do to relieve these stresses? I always have something I'm proud of. For me, the challenges come from what am I stressed about. I introduced my newest management to a typical day for me, and she felt there were many times I should be stressed. She helped me to find those portions of my day, and take on some of the extra responsibilities so I was working at the same level of efficiency throughout the whole day. To be specific, she took on some of my start of shift responsibilities, as I am limited to how long I have to prepare. Also, she took on some of my preparation for on boarding the new hires I receive. And lastly, she rescheduled some of my pickups that were always coming at the same time at my end of shift when I was trying to multi task and finish our data input. I was working through all these challenges and not even realizing that I didn't have to until I had 15Five to effectively communicate where I could use an extra hand.

Pros

Everything. It has improved our open door policy by giving us another outlet for effective feedback. Also, the 15Five team is always looking towards improvements; inspiring to see that.

Cons

It took longer for me to learn how to use it effectively. That was my own personal struggle. When presented with this service, I just wanted to hurry up, fill it out and get through it. I now know how to manage my time, fill it out a little bit here and there so I am not rushing to finish it at the end of the week. Maybe a stronger emphasis on filling it out little by little thru the week so the client isn't doing what I was doing at first and rushing to finish it with out providing efficient responses to the questions.

Delilah from Jelli, Inc.

I love 15Five! We are currently using almost every feature they have available.

Pros

I have been using 15Five for years, with multiple companies. Then when I met the CEO and crew at an event and spoke with one of the product leaders for their future performance review feature they wanted to roll out, it seems they ended up using EVERYTHING I described to them in detail of how I thought the NEW version of performance reviews should be like when they launched "Your Best Self"! (Very flattered and stoked) We've already trained the team and coined it as Jelli's YBS. I was using BambooHR's perf review and switched immediately. Also their High Fives have a great tracking source I find very valuable.

Cons

CS is always a tricky subject. Even though they have a great chat feature, the person I was speaking to was helpful and listen to the challenge with my BambooHR and 15Five integration, I believe she resolved the issue, but I never heard a follow up or closing ticket confirmation

Shivani from Taulia Inc.

15Five takes more than 15five to complete!

I absoluately love the concept of 15five. In my head it sounds great - you update your manager, takes 15 minutes of your time, your manager can comment and you can always be synced! It definitely provides another channel of communication with your manager which is very useful. My manager and I would use it guide our 1:1 meetings by creating a list of topics we want to discuss which was good. I think the interface and user experience is great for the tool! The problem i found with 15five were the following: - It usually took way more than 15 minutes for me to complete my review! The questions we set up were open ended so in order to add detail and value to it I really had to take time to think about what i wanted to write and say. -the questions are repetitive. Which they do offer you to change your questions - but it seems like a lot of work to do on a weekly basis. -questions should be rotated -Questions should be more quantitative for example rate 1-10 how are you are feeling etc... - I don't know how much value our managers actually got out of 15five. It worked for some teams/groups and it didn't for others. Their customer service is excellent and we even met with their team 1-2 times a year to discuss how we can make our usage better. Overall it was a good tool that we used, but I think overtime we just grew out of it.

Response from 15Five

Replied October 2016

Shivani! Wow so grateful for the review. Thanks for your candid feedback. I totally hear where you are coming from on the "time suck". We've come have some new features to help address these issues: -First let's look at deactivating repetitive questions. That will cut down on the time it takes to fill out your 15Five. Click the little pencil icon next to the duplicate question and click "deactivate". A simple change that will go a long way for everyone! -We have a Question Queue that will help you save time managing questions. It's an auto rotation of questions so they are kept fresh from week to week without the manual labor. -We have metrics for quantitative questions! Results are pulled into dashboards so you can get a quick glance on any topic you want to measure. I'll reach out separately to be sure I've taken care of all your concerns. Hope this is helpful! Thank you again for the review!

Todd from Vistage Worldwide, Inc.

Easy to use, lightweight yet powerful performance partnership tool.

It is the most meaningful performance management software I have ever used. It promotes weekly thought about "the next action" you need to take on your projects, it ensures that manager and team member are connecting regularly, it is easy to use and doesn't require an overwhelming amount of work to complete or review a report, and it naturally fits into other management best practices (e.g. one on one meetings, coaching, feedback, etc.).

Pros

I like that 15Five is focused on frequent, easy, meaningful check ins between manager and team members rather than annual performance reviews. The weekly check ins on near term work develop a rhythm of weekly talking about what is going on now, the work's relation to the larger goals and initiatives and it provides opportunity to spin off thornier topics into one on one conversations. The weekly questions provide opportunity to go into topics of career development, culture, and other future focused areas. The High Fives are a great way to bring in peer to peer recognition. Everyone loves getting a High Five!

Cons

I would like to be able to have more freedom in creating reports. The reporting that is currently available is helpful but I sometimes have needs to create more custom reports than are currently possible. Also, I would like to be able to have control over which High Fives show on the public feed (sometimes High Fives mention sensitive employee situations that you wouldn't want to include on the public feed).

Christina from Thistle Health Inc.

Great Platform for 1:1s, Feedback and Goal Tracking

Pros

I love that it's a one-stop-shop for manager-report 1:1s, feedback sessions and weekly status updates, as well as a platform for tracking individual, team and company-wide goals and OKRs. It's user-friendly and makes it easy to onboard quickly.

Cons

I have few problems with this platform! I wish it was easier to embed links to documents and websites from the 1:1 and 15five side - I often find myself wanting to link a document or presentation but am unable to do so.

Response from 15Five

Replied February 2020

Hi Christina, Thanks for sharing your feedback here. I understand your frustration with attachments in 1-on-1s. You can allow attachments to your team's 15Fives. This setting can be toggled on or off. Please let me know if you have questions about this. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Paul from Domtar Paper, Co. LLC

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Been using 15Five for a year, it has proven to be effective in managing a distributed work team

Helps me keep in touch with remote team members. Provides a snapshot of the various activities that the team is participating. Provides a direct feedback loop between leaders and their team members.

Pros

The structure of 15Five allows the leader flexibility in how they would like their team to utilize the app. The leader can be very deliberate and direct the participants or can establish a framework and allow the team members to participate at their own level. The weekly questions are a great tool for getting a pulse on what is happening in a local team or with an individual, but it takes some coaching for some people to get comfortable with the questioning approach. My team has been challenged to embrace the tool as a social platform as this was not a natural behavior in our organization. It has taken some time, but many members of the team now provide High5's and other acknowledgement to team members that in the past would have gone unnoticed.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the "out of the box" dashboards and flash reports. They provide usage data versus business impacting data. It requires a commitment from the leader or administrator to get the information that they need to run their business from the standard reporting. More templates would be helpful especially after your team has been using the product so there is worthwhile information that can be mined from the application.

David from Born Again Media

15Five keeps personal goals in focus

I love it. I am still in the works of getting the most out of it, would love it even more if it had a percentage calculator for the objectives. That would save me some time. A training section would be very beneficial for people that have not OKR's before. It would save many headackes.

Pros

15five is simple and easy to manage. Through time it has helped me realize how a treat my goals, and no surprise turns out I plan a lot and achieve little due to the fact that I get distracted with other goals along the way and forget the base ones. 15five allows me to see that by the end of each week, so now I plan less but stick to the goals that matter. I love the "High Fives" as I can congratulate team mates that helped me along the week. I also get high fives and get a sense to whom and what department my work is having the best impact, and which are not.

Cons

It does not have a statistical feature for the goals, so I use spread sheets to calculate goals that require a percentage. ANd most goals do if I want to have a sense of how much I have covered (20%, 33,54% etc.). So it still requires external tools to complete a report. A percentage calculator would be an easy thing to implement. I just found out that there is a vacation feature. But it was really buried in the configuration pannel, I would expect to see it on a more relevant section, like the main navigation top bar. OKR training for customers. I have seen a couple of blog posts, but not a training section that resembles more a mini course. Success stories using OKR's from customers would be awesome as well.

Caitlin from Taking It Global

15/5 Great Management Tool

15/5 is a fantastic tool for remote teams

Pros

There are several things I love about this software. The ability to check my co-workers 15/5's and see what types of tasks/goals they're working on weekly is useful in our remote team because it provides me with a reference which allows me to consider where I am in comparison to the rest of the team, and how I might shift my focus if need be. The High Five tool is also fantastic because it allows us to show our appreciation for the little things we do for one another, as a remote team we aren't always sure if the things we do actually make much of a difference and this allows us to give "kudos" to things which otherwise might go unrecognized.

Cons

One of the little issues I've had with this software is that it is difficult (Impossible?) to delete a task. A quick example of this: If I write "Arrange a meeting with ___" and later that day I realize this is not the person I should be meeting with, it is difficult to remove the task, and though I can mark it as complete, it still makes the task list look cluttered and looking back on 15/5, may cause confusion.

Jenny from VMware

Unique tool for keeping a pulse on employee engagement

Good experience and am interested to see where they go from here.

Pros

The many different ways you can nudge employees to enjoy and benefit from working together. From giving high fives to anyone in the company, to the weekly check on how employees are feeling, to asking targeted questions, all of these help to figure out how my team is doing and feeling. To make things even easier, we wrote an integration with Slack to make it even easier to give high fives. High fives are a nice way of encouraging team members to help each other, we tabulate all the high fives collected and distribute prizes accordingly. The 1 on 1 planning feature was also useful, it helped to focus the 1 on 1 conversation into a way of measure progress against key OKRs.

Cons

While 15five works well for specific use cases, it would be better served as part of a total HR solution. In the end, we found that the pricing was too expensive as our organization grew and budgets got tighter. It doesn't handle any core HR functions so it was hard to justify. I would love to see it become more integrated and attached with broader HR solutions.

Joshua from TargetX

Keeps Your Teams Focused - Never A Surprise

Pros

15Five has allowed me to be proactive in manging my team through our weekly 1:1's - getting a clear understanding of my employees' needs as well as their focus from week to week. Having the ability to ask strategic questions - and continually updating and revising them - allows me to get a review of my employees true reflection and state of mind. This has been valuable in so many ways - from how I interact with the employee; how they continue to progress on tasks; and where they're focus is on overall objectives. Being able to publically and privately provide kudos and immediate feedback - which help in the review process - ensures there is never a surprise to either myself or the employee.

Cons

Allowing collaboration (multiple owners) of an overall objective. You can have a parent objective, and multiple team members assigned to support the objective, but at time required to have duplicate child tasks - rather than having the ability to focus as a group. I appreciate the individual aspects, but being able to work as a group is equally important.

Kayla from Eastpoint

15Five Review

I am not a supervisor in my organization, but I do fill out a 15Five survey every month. My supervisor creates a list of questions that allow us to discuss every aspect of my job, from how I am feeling about the culture and relationships with my coworkers, to where I feel I am stuck and need some guidance, and it asks about goals for the next month. My supervisor can easily comment back on my answers, and it allows us to touch base quickly if we are not able to meet in person. But, if there is an area that we need to discuss, we can prioritize that and schedule a meeting to discuss it. I love that we can give high fives to others, and we can help encourage people regularly.

Pros

This is a great software that allows you to check in with your teammates on a regular basis. The ease of use for this project is perfect, and it is clear, clean, and easy to navigate. I love that the supervisor creates whatever questions they think are applicable for this time period, and then all team members are able to answer the same questions. This gives an overall sense of the culture, the feel of the company as a whole. It helps identify gaps, places where a team member may be stuck, but also where your team is excelling. We use the goals feature every month that we send this out, and it truly helps us organize, prioritize, and stay on track. I would highly recommend this software to any and every company out there.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I haven't liked so far. This is a great software that allows you to check in with your team mates on a regular basis.

Excellent Way to Track Employee Goals and Sentiment

15Five has allowed my company to hold itself, its employees, and its departments accountable to their predefined as well as prescribed goals. The high five forum allows employees to boost each other. The goals sections hold the company and its employees accountable. The questions section lets an organization hear from its employees in a way traditional open forums do not.

Pros

15Five makes it easy to input and track personal, department, and company goals A great app UX makes it easy to use on the go The high five feature is great for company culture as it gives employees a forum to support each other and give public recognition The questions feature lets you easily survey your department or entire organization, which is a great way to discover new ideas that management might not have thought of.

Cons

I don't have a single thing about this software that would keep me from recommending. It is, in my mind, the best I have encountered when it comes to goal tracking.

Great management resource

Organizational tool to keep my team moving towards their goals and ensuring we are offering a culture that matches our values.

Pros

I love the actionable items to track 1:1's so that my team and I reference the same listing and that it carries forward to the next meeting. I don't have to keep track of a spreadsheet or paper with notes. It is all there for me.

Cons

The OKR's can be clunky when wanting to see all the different inputs into a departmental or company goal. It would be helpful to see the direct links in a better way that is more easily digested.

Response from 15Five

Replied November 2017

Hi, Thanks so much for the review. Really glad you are benefiting from the new 1:1 agendas! One a separate note, I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with OKRs. I wonder if you are referencing our old OKR feature that was always in beta and never fully developed (it is indeed clunky). In its place, we created a new fully-fledged Objectives feature. I'd be happy to share more if you'd like to send me an email. I want you to have a great experience with every aspect of our software so please do reach out. Even if it is the new Objectives feature you are referencing we'd love to hear how we can improve. Thanks again for the review. Have a great day! Sincerely, Priscilla Zorrilla 15Five Customer Success Manager

Great performance management software

Overall 15five is a great tool to keep teams/companies on track of their goals, tasks etc. The rewards (high fives) feature is a great tool to motivate and keep props to team members on a weekly basis.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. No training needed! I like that 15five have several features such as the actual 15five (basically your to do list for the week), team/company objectives, high fives (team members give you a shout out), AND manager/peer reviews. It mainly helps me keep track of my upcoming and past tasks. I can easily go back to a previous tasks and make sure it has been completed. I like that I can check off tasks that I have completed. It feels very satisfying!! I also like that all my reviews are kept in one place. I don't need dig into my emails anymore. I also like how easy it is to write either self reviews or manager reviews as I can go back and look into my previous works / high fives given and received to build a complete and very professional report. Lastly, the high fives feature is a great feature. It enables anyone to give a shout out to someone within the company that is visible to everyone.

Cons

At first, I was very skeptical using 15five because I had my own way of keeping track of my tasks, but I absolutely love this software now. I have nothing bad to say about 15five! It has definitely helped me be more focused and productive since I started using it!

We love 15Five!

15Five has helped our organization tremendously to improve team member engagement! Asking relevant questions frequently helps everyone feel valued and heard. Plus, with simple features like mentions, it allows for greater and unexpected collaboration that has benefitted everyone. We LOVE 15Five!

Pros

Our organization absolutely loves how easy 15Five is to use for feedback. It allows us to change our questions easily and frequently so that we can keep the engagement high with all of our direct reports. The mobile app is also one of the best features as it allows team members to complete their 15Fives quickly and on the job in our fast-paced working environment.

Cons

It is a large financial investment, and a few years ago when we implemented 15Fives and we had different levels of management/leadership needing to collect feedback from some of the same employees, but employees couldn't have more than one 15Five account tied to their email address, we found ourselves paying sometimes double for the same person. So you must be very intentional with your structure for using this feedback tool so that your investment matches who you're developing.

Brittni from Influence & Co.

High five for 15five!

Our team uses 15Five to communicate ideas, wins, and identify issues. Especially as our offices expand and our team grows, it's been wonderful to have a tool that holds accountable and provides some continuity across the board. We've also been using it as reinforcement for training so that our new members can reiterate important information. Our account and sales teams are able to share big wins and improvements and our team supports have tools to gain insight they might otherwise miss. Our company participates in profit sharing and the "High 5" feature allows me to see who I've consistently been praising and for what reason--allowing me a more educated recommendation.

Pros

- Easy interface - Great customer service - Enforces accountability - Creates a space for communication and continued company culture - It's quick

Cons

I'd like to see analytics and suggestions from it. More company surveys and numbers offered--quizzes or other interactive components that would allow our team to have deeper insight into our employees challenges, happiness or frustrations.

Response from 15Five

Replied January 2017

Brittni, Thank you SO MUCH for the fantastic review! Your advice is spot on about being strategic with questions. Also, we have analytics! It's one of the big features we released in 2016. I'll connect with you separately with more details. Thanks for being our valued customer! High Fives all around! Priscilla, 15Five Customer Success Manager

Erica from ezCater

15Five Review

15Five is a great way for me to quickly recap how my week went and what I'm looking to tackle in the following week. It make it easy for me to connect with my manager and lets me recognize coworkers who have helped me during the week. This is a tool I like using!

Pros

It's super easy to use and reminds me that I have an upcoming review to fill out. It holds me accountable for my weekly progress and makes it easy for me to outline topics to connect with my manager. I also really like the shout outs feature to give my team credit where credit is due!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. The only thing for the "streaks" aka how many I've filled out in a row will start over if I'm OOO which is annoying because I would have filled it out if I was there. There might be a way to wave it for a week but I haven't looked.

Response from 15Five

Replied January 2020

Hi, Erica, Thanks for sharing how valuable you find 15Five to be! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the streaks. You should be able to indicate within 15Five that you will be on vacation so that the software knows not to mark your 15Five for that week as incomplete. I would reach out to your Customer Success Manager for help with this. If you're unsure who to contact, I'm happy to connect you with the right person! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Anna from Northside Christian Church

Great Product for List-Making and Written Feedback

In our office, 15Five has been a great tool for communication and accountability for both weekly and ongoing projects. It has helped me and my supervisor keep track of my progress, it has helped me re-prioritize my daily goals as needed, and it has helped us as a community encourage one another in the little "wins" we have each week. I love how much positivity it generates in our office community.

Pros

I love that you can create goals for the next week AND add to your list of accomplishments other tasks that you got done during the week... and that there's room for comments to give updates on longer projects. I also like the high fives -- it's a great way to keep the office positive and affirm people for the little things they do each week to make things go well.

Cons

I don't know if I need to know that I'm on time 57% of the weeks that I submit. I think it's good to hold users accountable for submitting and keeping track of streaks is nice for those who like "perfect attendance" type awards, but for those weeks when you're already underwater and barely getting your 15Five in by Monday... two days late, it doesn't feel good to have the software tell you afterwards, "Oh, and by the way, you're late a lot..."

Dan from Friendly Human

It's great....but!

Pros

I seriously love 15Five from an organizational perspective. It makes a lot of sense for a business owner or manager to implement 15Five into their workplace. It gets your employee to have open and honest conversations all while not having to move from their desk.... but keep reading below.

Cons

While it's great from an idea perspective, in reality, it doesn't always work as planned. You will see that your employees still hold out on providing the whole truth. And frankly, can you blame them? It's hard to have a fully open conversation with your manager, and this software tries to make that happen. From a managers perspective, it's best to implement this software with an in person conversation. While it's easy to just use it weekly online, it's best to have an employee fill out their 15Five and go through it together during an in-person meeting. Do whatever you can to get your employees to speak the whole truth - but keep in mind, it is insanely hard to get everything out.

Ashlee from Mirasee

Easily track the pulse of your team each week

Pros

The ability to alternate the questions from week to week, or create a rotating bank of questions, means you can not only touch base with your team weekly, but you can also measure progress on a monthly basis. This means you can see the day to day, as well as the big picture trends. I also like the "High Five" and tagging integrations which make 15Five feel less like reporting to a boss, and more like a social sharing experience.

Cons

Each submission can only have one reviewer. So if multiple managers need to access and comment on a 15Five, one has to be ranked above the other- it's hierarchal.

Mike from Ubiquity Retirement+Savings

Great Engagement Tool!

15Five is a great tool to keep the flow of communication between team members and managers. Since it takes little time to update, we don't have to chase people to use it.

Pros

Very easy to use. The fact that it takes so little time to update ensures a high level of compliance. It is most helpful with 1:1 meetings.

Cons

Sometimes the reminders can be intrusive, but that is probably more configurable in my settings that I think.

Response from 15Five

Replied February 2020

Hi Mike, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You can definitely configure your notifications under My Account > Notifications, so have at it if you're getting pinged to much! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Everianny from PwC Venezuela

The interaction between bosses and staff is more direct and close thanks to this software

15FIVE, is an excellent solution for any company that wants better levels of feedback with its employees. A good manager is one who cares about the welfare of their workers, the challenges, the projected goals and the performance and productivity, and this software is a very efficient alternative for these purposes

Pros

This software was introduced by the human resources department of my company, demonstrating excellent benefits that I will mention below: - A more direct relationship between the workers and the heads of the company where I work. -A permanent feedback system where different characteristics such as the morale of the work team are evaluated, expectations, successes and failures, making direct reports to the bosses in order to attack problems and strengthen solutions that strengthen the spirit and productivity of the employee. -Information in real time of the different problems that are generated in my workplace. This ensures that supervisors and managers have a clearer job and managerial outlook.

Cons

This software came to strengthen the feedback between various levels of command of the company, has sensitized and brought to reality the problems of the company, creating an excellent working environment, therefore I have no claim whatsoever about this software

Jeff from Networking Results, Inc.

Remarkable Communication!

Pros

I have been using 15 Five for several years now and my team loves it. They enjoy getting feedback and they really enjoy updating their otherwise clueless bosses on the great things they are accomplishing! : )

Cons

There is just so much power in the tool that we have not found the time to explore and implement everything yet. I would love a way to see what my employee is going to see before I finalize their report. That way I see the questions I created for them with the Suggestion Box, the company wide questions, etc. and know exactly what they will see as I am designing changes.

Katrina from Upswell

Great Idea – push it to the next level

15five allowed our very small company to instantiate a formal HR process. It set the course for regular performance review cycles which in turn leave people feeling more motivated. In general, it's a morale booster – though it can get repetitive. I think a few tweaks to make features more robust and easy to use will go along way. I want to document my own personal growth and objectives – maybe totally privately – in an easier way.

Pros

This software is excellent for small businesses looking to streamline and professionalize their HR approach. Prior to 15five, my company basically had no formal HR system, which I think is surprisingly common amongst small and medium sized companies. I like the report structure. I like the tracking over time. I like/use nearly all of the features.

Cons

There are a lot of features that are buried. It took me several months of use to find, then understand how to use objectives. The peer review process was also a little weird as it asked me to comment on my co-workers' career goals and trajectory – not information I had access to. I would like to see more structure around professional development for individuals. It seems like there's a lot of overlap/confusion around flagging for followup, adding items to a 1:1, following up, commenting. I wish it was all even just a little bit simpler.

Joseph from Revenew International

Great Tool For Goal Setting and Follow Up

The High-5's on 15Five are something that folks in our organization really like. I also like the weekly process of setting goals for the following week and accounting for the goals of the prior week. I think this is natural process for highly successful people and so 15Five helps people for whom this is not a natural habit.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is great and it works flawlessly and it really makes it easy for managers and subordinates to communicate weekly goals and progress. It also makes it easy to add survey questions to gather specific feedback on topics.

Cons

I don't think the software originally allowed you to suspend the surveys over holidays but that appears to have been fixed now. This caused the consecutive weeks streak is maintained even when reports are not submitted over Christmas break.

Response from 15Five

Replied February 2020

Hey Joseph, Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Super glad to hear 15Five is providing you and your team value in so many ways. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Julia from Nest Wealth

Really Intuitive Recognition Tool - Fun And Easy To Use!

We love 15Five! We use our 15Five metrics to support many discussions around the org., good or bad. It's a practical way for us to see a glance of our culture, recognize our employees and also keep our projects moving.

Pros

"How are you feeling?" feature does a great job keeping track of the pulse on our culture and overall employee satisfaction as a company. High Fives are a brilliant way to keep our team motivated! In fact, we use this feature to fuel who chooses lunch for us on Fridays! Really love that I get to keep track of my objectives in the tool as well. Good way to keep me honest about my progress. The weekly reminders and reports that are emailed are super helpful!

Cons

None at this moment. Keep doing what you're doing!

Tiffany from Winmore

Keeps everyone in the know

I like 15Five overall. It's easy to manage weekly, keeps me thinking about what I'm working on and makes sure that my boss and colleagues understand where my time is being spent. It's also helped in cases when I've been working on something, and see a co-worker post something similar or that augments what I'm doing so that we can then work together on it.

Pros

I enjoy being able to peruse my coworkers accomplishments for the week and seeing their feedback on my own. The high fives are also very motivating. It's nice to be able to pull your teammates up for the good work that they're doing and equally nice to know my own work is being noticed and appreciated.

Cons

I do wish we could edit our weekly goals when I'm submitting my final report. Or if I could report progress toward a goal. For example, I may have a goal to create a Knowledge Base article, but during the week, became very busy and was only able to get half way through. It would be nice to update it to either state that the article was started or to show that I've progressed 50% of the way and the other 50% roll onto next week's goals.

Mary from Cayuse

Really good product for tracking team success and happiness

I like it. Super fast and responsive - but I would use it more and use more of the features if I could configure the settings like adding agenda items from a team member's 15/5 and having those items be private to me until I'm ready to share them in a 1/1 with that team member - and if I could update progress on objectives more easily.

Pros

I like that you can configure it to capture just what you are looking for from your team when you ask them questions, but also that I can add items from their 15/5 right to a 1on-1 agenda. And that I can give high-fives right from that screen - so I don't forget to do it later. I like the reminders about the upcoming week, but somehow my reminders are always from my previous week's priorities? Not sure how to fix that. But I also like that when I fill my own review out that it keeps me on track with priorities and reminders.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to update an objective's progress or due date. I am always hunting around for that. I also don't like that the objectives are all public-facing -- as a manager, I have many things I am working on that are HR sensitive matters. I also don't like that when I add items from one of my team's comments in their 15/5 to a 1.1 agenda - that it generates a comment to them - I find that unnecessary and frankly, a nuisance - these are notes for me, not for them - and when they get emails about those things it prompts them to come talk to me about or send a note about it immediately instead of waiting until I'm ready to discuss it with them. I don't use that feature now for that reason.

An easy-to-use tool that makes it simple to do what every manager should be doing already.

Pros

Ease of use for the person filling out the report- it's simple and helpful for them, as well as the manager. That makes it quality content, and not just white noise or another thing to check off the list.

Cons

Sometimes challenging to rearrange questions for different groups/individuals. They have a system in place, but I don't personally believe it's the most user-friendly. It can be confusing and unintuitive at times.

Response from 15Five

Replied November 2017

Hi reviewer, Thanks so much for the review. It's great to hear you find 15Five simple to use (one of our values!) and that it's helpful for managers and employees. I'm sorry you are having issues with questions. Questions are a bit tricky and I admit it's not the most user friendly part of our app. We always strive to improve. If you have suggestions or get stuck on anything please email our support team support@15five.com. We love customer feedback - good and bad. Thanks again and have a great day! Priscilla Zorrilla 15Five Customer Success Manager

Douglas from Envoy

Generally helpful

Generally positive - I do like this central place where I can keep track of work done, objectives, etc.

Pros

I like that it's a single place where my manager and I can coordinate on overall objectives and weekly tactical plans

Cons

Not always intuitive, sometimes requires me to re-write things to fit the format Annoying that when I add items for the week that I did not submit the week before, I cannot comment on them and they are pre-checked as done. Objectives aren't that flexible - sometimes I need sub-bullets and I have to break it up weirdly Not easy to take notes / add action items while discussing items in 1:1 - I have to keep scrolling up and down - would be better to put the list of discussion topics side by side with notes fields or add functionality to the discussion topics where I can take notes on them and /or set action items

Christie from HQ Raleigh

Keeps me in the loop...

My experience has been nothing but positive, as a small company we've used many softwares to manage our staff, projects, etc. and 15Five is one of the few that has stuck over time. We love that we can High Five people for big and small things. Our team is made up of many "word" loving members, and it's great to put that praise in writing each week in addition to the face to face "thank you's". Their team is also made up of some really incredible and professional people, there to help you along the way if you encounter any issues! I recommend 15Five to other companies several times a month.

Pros

The thing I love the most about 15Five is that I feel in the loop without micromanaging my staff. I can easily pull up their account and see what tasks they're working to accomplish that week, hold them accountable without being in their face, and praise their efforts, all in one place!

Cons

I do wish there were more automated question selections that populated.

Eric from Bosch USA

Great communication and feedback tool

Pros

I really like the High Fives feature than can be use to appreciate the work done by an employee. This is an incredibly useful feature that surely increases morale and boost productivity. Another great feature i love and enjoy using is the 1-on-1 feature. It's also very nice that the software is beautifully built and very easy for just about anyone to use.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative about this software. It has always worked well for me ever since I started using it.

Samantha from InquisitHealth

Variety of Features

Manage our OKRs and not look at them just once a quarter but actively engage with them between our meetings so that we could track against our progress and collaborate as a team to celebrate success as well as get projects the extra support that they need to get them back on track.

Pros

Out of all the OKR tools that I have used, 15five has the most features in theory. 15five has some really cool extra features that not all OKR tools have, like the 1-on1 meetings. The difficulty level for entering comments on your OKRs is "middle ground" when it comes to comparing to other OKR tools. What differentialtes this OKR tool from the rest and makes them stand out in a crowd is their 1-on1 meeting adgendas and chats. Weekly meetings and agendas can really get lost but with 15 five you'll never lose your notes and always have a constant flow of positive feedback by sending each other "high fives" for work well done.

Cons

Has the a lot of great features in THEORY, but they are not as easy to use as they could be. It is somewhat difficult to make and update comments to the OKRs themselves. It requires extra steps. These extra steps reduce the likelyhood of actualy going in and making comments and updating the OKRs regularly. It's also not quite as easy to enter objectives as other tools that I have used and reviewed.

Simple to use and only requires 10-15 minutes of your time each week

Pros

The company I work for just started using 15five about a week ago and I already feel like my individual voice has grown in value. My supervisor now has a record of my thoughts, goals, challenges, and aspirations on a weekly basis rather than taking notes from a 1-on-1 meeting. While I do work with Trello for task management, 15five also provides easier at-a-glance information for both myself and supervisor to see and understand the work I do each week. Sometimes the work I do does not have immediate value or impact, but that does not make it valueless or impactless. Having it documented for my supervisor to see also helps me feel more relaxed about whether or not I am accomplishing "enough" each week.

Cons

One of the things I've noticed as I used it this week is that its more of a "pick up and use once for the week" type of software; at least on the side of the reviewee. The reviewer, I imagine, would spend more time reviewer their direct's reviews than the reviewee's spend time creating their reviews. This is not problematic per se, but it does decrease the products effective "stickiness." Said another way, I really would only spend about 10-15 minutes a week using the product to receive the highest benefit from it possible. Any time after that reaps zero extra benefit as all value has already been had. In some ways, this could be seen as a PRO as I imagine that managers would rather employees spend more time working than writing reviews.

Garlenzka from Pivot Interiors

Industry: Architecture & Planning

15Five user review

I like getting feedback from management and co-workers. Keeping this going throughout the year, I think is great because it not only keeps you on track for goals, but also helps with keeping the communication going between management and other co-workers.

Pros

Software is easy to use. Also love the reminders during the week on how we are doing with our goals for the week. Very helpful in keeping us in check. I also like the feedback we can give to our co-workers. The knowledge that their managers will see the feedback is great because everyone likes to give and receive positive reinforcement of a job well done and constructive criticism as well.

Cons

My experience so far has been positive. From the option of entering information via my laptop or an App, it's all great.

Response from 15Five

Replied February 2020

Hi Garlenzka, Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome feedback with us! It's great to hear you're finding 15Five easy to use and getting value out of it in terms of driving better communication. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

I use this platform at least once a week and I must say it's a great way to keep people connected.

Connection with people that you would typically not be able to communicate with being that there is no department cross over or something of this nature. A simple way to stay connected to your management as well, while also helping to survey the company constantly so management can find problems in training or managers that are making employees quit.

Pros

The ability for management to take a temperature check of how the team is doing and or feeling is really valuable. (I do not know what the cost of this software is however) It also helps people high five each other when ever they want to give their friends/co-workers a simple & quick compliment which is really good for building comradery.

Cons

I think that if it is a mandatory tool to use every day it can become more of a annoying tool rather than a helpful one. Once or twice a week will suffice.

Sreekumar from Greytip Software Limited

Helps to cultivate a habit of sharing and receiving feedback

Most of the prevailing performance appraisal methods are designed for the earlier way of working, non existing jobs, and most importantly not for the Millennials. So what else we can do? This is a question many forward looking companies must be asking and the answer is 15 Five. When somebody is not performing, we need not wait for a quarter or a half year or a year to find that the employee is not performing and to arrive at a conclusion that he/she require improvement. Real time feedback is what we require to improve the performance of any employee. 15 Five is really helpful to solve this problem and recommend for any organisation with a will to keep their people happy, productive, stay relevant in their business.

Pros

Easy to use No training is required to begin using Simple on-boarding Effective reminders Once again overall UX is great

Cons

Nothing much, May be pricing would be a concern for some emerging economies like India Other language support also can be a concern

This is good tool aspect from HR Vision

The business aspect we solve many HR and Manager Problem

Pros

Cons

Analytics for managers to check the task. it has a pre-set date Problem while submitting the task In which each submission can only have one reviewer so this is not good from my side.

Response from 15Five

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! I'm happy to hear you're getting value out of 15Five and will be sure to let our Customer Support team know they're doing a fantastic job taking care of our customers. I also appreciate you sharing feedback on some of the limitations you've encountered in 15Five. We're very committed to continuously innovating our product and will be making several exciting releases in 2020 that will address many of our customers' most pressing pain points. I'd love to hear more about how your organization is using 15Five today, including the benefits you're getting and challenges you're facing. Feel free to reach out! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager