7shifts Reviews

4.74 / 5 (688) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 7 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Ce que j'aime de ce logiciel est sa facilité d'utilisation. Facile à comprendre et à utiliser"

• "Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!"

• "I love how organized and user-friendly the layout is. It's super easy to navigate and I never have trouble finding what I need on the fly."

• Cons

• "Occasional glitches in software, but they are fairly rare"

• "Using the 7punches app on our time clock Android tablets can be quirky sometimes. Sometimes, it loses connection or doesn't save punches. Most of the time it works well, however."

• "There are glitches at times but overall a great product "

Browse 7shifts Reviews

Leandro from Rodizio Grill

7 Shifts for restaurant schedule Management

My managers and employees love it.

Pros

It is easy to use and anybody with a phone can have easy access to their schedule, send messages using it, and letting anybody know about changes. It is a very practical and professional tool for the schedules that we use in our Restaurant. We have the scheduling available on our P/R processor, but we prefer to pay for this service as it is more agile and practical than our P/R company.

Cons

To be honest, I do not have any complaints, but we only use the scheduling module as we have other systems.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Paycom is not practical and is not linked to cellphone numbers.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Leandro! It's great to hear that even though you have the option, you see so much value in 7shifts that it goes above and beyond what is offered to you in your payroll provide. Know that we will always be looking to increase the value of our services for folks like yourself. Cheers!

Sarah from SAZ'S HOSPITALITY GROUP

Longtime user

Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

Pros

Cons

Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

7shifts was very easy to use and they got back to me very quickly with any questions. They features they offered also interested us and it looked ( and is) very easy to use.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon. Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

David from Pendleton Hills

7Shifts Manages Labor to the Benefit of the Business and Customers

Online tech service has been wonderful. They are patient, and get you the correct answers and help to you right away.

Pros

7Shifts clearly shows labor percentages that allows you to make adjustments to better serve your customers.

Cons

Nothing really, everything is good. I like everything.

Response from 7shifts

Replied March 2021

Thanks so much for the kind words David! We are thrilled your business has been helped by 7shifts and we've helped you better serve your customers.

Susie from TEV

It’s Okay

Pros

When choosing the highest cost package, you will have access to the most basic necessary functions. They do not charge base level employees to use the app

Cons

Some functions change without first being informed (although they state that they always inform prior to a change). Their beta testing due diligence leaves something to be desired. If they are unable to duplicate an error even if you can prove it exists, they refuse to fix it saying they are incapable of doing so. They make their customers pay for basic functions through the most costly package I used to use 7ahifts for over 4 years. I was looking at using them again for a different restaurant. However, the salesperson I encountered was a typical salesperson and never talked to me like they cared about the company Where I’m currently employed. Instead I was told stats about how I wouldn’t find a program cheaper, that they weren’t gouging those who wanted the basic functions I pointed at, and multiple other aspects in which I was wrong. When I pointed that out, he proceeded to raise his voice at me, chuckled and attempted to carry on I hung up on him at that point of the conversation I would have never signed a contract with this individual. Hopefully other sales reps actually care about potential customers

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Originally, due to functionality. Which they later changed

Response from 7shifts

Replied April 2020

Hi Susie, Thanks so much for your comment. We really appreciate your candid feedback so we can make the 7shifts experience better for all users, and we're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. As a product that is growing and evolving every day, our pricing has changed a lot since you would have first started using 7shifts 4 years ago, but we would like to see what we can do to make 7shifts work for the restaurant you are currently working in. Please drop us a line at support@7shifts.com and we will see what we can do to offer a solution the meets the needs of your business. In regards to your interactions with a member of our team, I have flagged this to our management team to ensure that we provide everyone the same high level of service that we ourselves would expect. We apologize if your experience was less than ideal and really take that to heart. We hope that in the future we can earn back the trust you have placed in our business.

Mahmud from MezzeMe

All in one

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience. User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

Response from 7shifts

Replied February 2021

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Christian from The Fifty/50 Group

7Shifts Review

Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pros

Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Cons

We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one. Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Built in scheduling forecasting for managers was the selling point.

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

Joshua from North Coast Brewing Company

Industry: Restaurants

Great system and developing nicely

Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

Pros

During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

Cons

It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Didn't need the expensive convoluted system that was Hotschedules. & shifts was integrated somewhat with our current POS system and much less expensive.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

Brandon from Acorn Grill LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Whole team loves it! Super easy to use

I'm a super fan! They even sent us a sweet box of swag! Even before that we fell in love with the software. The number one thing though is how easy it is to use.

Pros

Incredibly simple to set up and begin using. Team loves the autonomous features that give them control off requesting shifts and time off. Management loves how easy it to publish weekly schedules. My favorite features are the reporting and labor budgeting tools.

Cons

I wished I would have deployed it sooner

7shifts was the easiest to use and had a more friendly UX,UI

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The old software didn't integrate with our new POS system.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for the review, Brandon! A lot of time and attention goes into designing 7shifts to give our restaurant clients a great experienceso we're glad you're experiencing that at Acorn Grill! Happy scheduling :)

Kelly from Grand Tavern

Best Scheduling App

I have used multiple scheduling tools and this is my favorite!

Pros

I love how easy it is to make my schedule. I love how the days my employees request off show up easily and I can copy and paste schedules that repeat often.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications don’t pop up consistently.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The pricing was better and the ease of making scheduling and communicating with each other through the app is amazing!

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Easy for create schedules? Cheaper than the alternative? Better experience for employees? Sounds like 7shifts is the right fit for you Kelly. Thank so much for the review!

Kayla from lloyd Products Inc.

7Shifts Review - Kayla Cunningham

Overall I have had a good experience with 7shifts. I have used several other employee databases and this application seems to work the quickest without error. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something similar.

Pros

It's simplistic and easy for users to clock in, monitor their earnings, and communicate with other coworkers. I can use the pin pad to clock in right when I get to work or I have the option to manually write in my hours each of the week.

Cons

Entering in my hourly work on a daily basis can be tedious, but I wouldn't say I dislike it.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

I switched employers. I'm glad this employer didn't have what I previously used it was slow, and didn't have the same amenities available.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks so much for the review Kayla!

Leslie from Smoothie Operator, Inc - Jamba Juice

Best Decision

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc) Employees can access by phone or computer Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The innovative team thinks very progressively with amazing customer service and wanted to hear what we needed and didn't like in a scheduling program. The continue to seek input and encourage us to make product suggestions which we see get developed and benefit all users.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The change from a paper schedule to electronic schedule was a big move and made things so much easier. Then the forecasting increased the benefit; although, when the company focused on getting more to sign up and stopped listening to the issues and stopped trying to keep improving their product, we couldn't justify the extra cost. We needed the program to do more and stay up with technology.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Keith from Kaldi's Coffee Roasting Co.

Love 7Shifts!

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

HotSchedules was to cumbersome and slow. They charged for the app. They were slow to change and very expensive.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Chef Steven from Memphis Fire Barbeque Company Inc.

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros

- Very Short Learning Curve - The App is very stable and accurate - Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience - With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat. - Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

As a power Excel user, the task of building repetition and ease of use was not a problem, even the integration of sales, not a problem. However, staff engagement and tracking days off and availability was a problem.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Gerad from Prairie Dog Brewing CANADA Inc.

A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros

7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software. I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons

I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant). I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts. Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

We looked at about a dozen other scheduling platforms, most of which I can't remember any longer, but like I said earlier, 7shifts is not just a scheduling platform -- it is 100% geared towards restaurant use, where most of the others are generalist platforms. Out of the scheduling platforms that did focus on restaurants, 7shifts lead the pack by miles in terms of its capability (like 3rd-party integrations), robustness, and thoughtful approach toward solving problems in ways that make both staff and management happy. At the time, 7shifts was the only platform I could find that would apply machine-learning artificial intelligence workflows to restaurant scheduling, which was something I am passionate about and really want to see at our organization.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

7shifts is really a suite of extremely well-thought-out and heavily integrated tools that work in concert to form a single application/website where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Their user and administrator documentation is great, they have mobile apps for both major platforms, and their scheduling software directly addresses common restaurant use cases in ways that just make sense for both staff and management. 7shifts integrated with our TouchBistro Point of Sale software. Finally, this was the only scheduling company I could find that applied Machine Learning algorithms to scheduling/shift data to create an auto-scheduling feature. That was the starting point of my search for scheduling software, as scheduling is a really great use of this type of AI tech.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

Tory from Beaver Street Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Pros

Easy to use Great tutorials Fast and friendly support staff Efficiency for reviewing labor Incredibly communication tool between staff and management Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented Fair price for the power of the product

Response from 7shifts

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Emilee from VIPAirsoft Arena

7Shifts saved my company!

I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pros

It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Cons

I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Ann from Phoenix Residential Society

Literally changed my life

7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros

How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues. Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons

Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us. the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

cost

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Brianna from Farm Store

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

Pros

It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

Cons

It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method. The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The format is better: the web layout is easy to use. The options are better: employees are able to switch shifts with each other. This helps with finding coverage.

Response from 7shifts

Replied July 2019

Hi Brianna, Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow. All the best!

Kaitlin from Drift Sidewalk Cafe & Lounge

Keep up the good work!

Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve. Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

Pros

It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

Cons

When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day) Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

7shifts A Networking Dream

Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

Pros

As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Cons

Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Rachael from Six Car Pub & Brewery

7Shifts is easy to use for all staff

We have been very happy with the overall use of 7shifts and anytime we needed customer service, they were courteous and offered a quick fix. They were very gracious during our Covid closure and offered use of the app free of charge so that we could stay in contact with all our employees. I highly recommend!

Pros

We use 7shifts as the primary tool for communication as well as scheduling. It's easy to set up, add new employees, manage the schedule, shift bids, and time off requests. Employees report that it is one of the most comprehensive and easy to use scheduling apps they've ever used! As the administrator, 7shifts makes scheduling quick and easy which is a huge benefit.

Cons

The availability function can be improved. Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble. Sometimes there is a lag between what the app shows on my phone vs. computer. For instance, shifts that have been edited and published are showing as not published on the app on my phone. Minor issues that cause little to no problems.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Rachael! We really love the feedback you provided and I have passed it along to our mobile team for review. We want to ensure we make your experience and 11. Also, we are happy to hear that 7shifts was able to support you in the way you needed it during COVID. We ALWAYS want to support our clients and know this has been a challenging time for any small business. Just know that we've got your back :)

Ann from Pickleman's

Industry: Restaurants

7shifts was a game changer for us!

We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pros

I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Cons

I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

It was far more user friendly than the other software that we considered, and the 7shifts team that helped us set up and roll out the software was fantastic!

Response from 7shifts

Replied July 2019

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

Andrew from Bindle COffee

Amazing for scheduling and time clock!

7shifts has been a really positive experience.

Pros

We have used 7shifts since we started our company. We wanted something that could be easy for everyone to use, and we've seen a ton of efficiency improvements over the years! It has been really easy to have different managers run the schedule with ease, and the analytics are helpful for running payroll as well. Would definitely reccomend 7shifts and 7punches as a combination tool.

Cons

No cons to mention! The improvements over the last few years have really made 7shifts and outstanding product.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Ease of use and easy to setup.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Amazing! Thank you for such a great review Andrew. We really love hearing from restaurants that chose 7shifts when they started their business and the impact it has had over the years. Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to serving you for years to come

arpita from Reggae Shack Cafe, Inc.

Excellent scheduling software!

I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros

No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules) Budgeting tool Ability to put in events Color coding departments and jobs Ability to print PDF schedule Communication (chat and message options) Employees can trade shifts Availability and time off request features are perfect Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work Great value for the price They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons

There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Mitchell from Sutherland Beer and Wine Store

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

Pros

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

Cons

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Works absolutely flawlessly and the ability to communicate with staff through the app and make announcements is so great!

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Recommended by a former coworker. I will never go back.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Hannah from Johnny D’s Waffles and Benedicts

User Friendly!!!

It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pros

I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Cons

At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

Jayelynn from 12 West Brewing Co.

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Pros

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Cons

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Response from 7shifts

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

GINGER from High Jackers

Industry: Restaurants

works well for what it does do.

It works well for what it does, but a few small things would make a big difference.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. I like that it has staff ph.#'s and you can call or text through app without having to create a contact in personal account. as long as a staff member is in our employ, we have the important info in an easy to find format. It is easy to request time off and switch shifts through the app as well.

Cons

If someone wants to trade shifts, we have to scroll through all their shifts to see if they are going to go into overtime. It does give you a general hour count, but it is hardly ever accurate as sometimes staff get sent home early, and of course the app wouldn't know that. For me it would be great if you could tap someones name and it would show all their shifts in one place, and you wouldn't have to check every day to know whether or not to approve a change, like you wouldn't want to approve a 3rd double shift in a row, but without double checking every day, you don't know exactly what shifts a staff member has or will work.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the great, detailed review Ginger! We really appreciate your feedback and I've passed this along to our development team.

Steve from TacoTime 8th Street

Industry: Restaurants

Makes running a small business easier for everyone!

Overall, I'd say an A- for 7Shifts. Local business, makes life a less stressful(especially right now), and the positive features outweigh the negative!

Pros

The scheduling, time clocking and reporting. Obviously your here for the scheduling..... and having 7Shifts makes is 1000x more efficient than Excel sheets! Leaving the responsibility on the employee to handle their own time clocking is fantastic. One less thing for me to do! Then, having all of their "punches" totalled and sorted for me saves me at least 1-2 hours a pay period vs. the old way(Excel sheets). Oh, and did I mention that they are local to my city! Support Local!

Cons

7Tasks Add-on. They have yet to add the function to be able to sort the task lists as I want them, and not by what date/time they were created. I NEED them to be in a specific order that works for my restaurant, and the struggle I have had to make sure that they are somewhat organised to that effect...... well it's eaten up all that time I saved making schedules!

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Hey Steve! Greetings from Broadway. We love hearing from local folks like yourself and are thrilled to see how much 7shifts is working for your business. We're here to your local businesses like yours any time you need it and we really appreciate your feedback on 7tasks. I have passed that along to our product team to act on. All the best!

Elizabeth from Kome Group

Daily recaps made easy

Pros

With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

Cons

The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great.

Response from 7shifts

Replied September 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!

heather from State Park, Mamaleh's Café du Pays

7shifts, not just for scheduling

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules. the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability. the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts. the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks. the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Response from 7shifts

Replied April 2019

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Sara Jane from Eugene

Has all the tools you could need

I get updates/push notifications from 7 shifts every week when my schedule is published, as well as updates from my managers and corporate offices. I also sometimes use it to make work life easier. Really glad to have this piece of software I thought I'd never use. Very good for the restaurant industry and hourly positions.

Pros

It's a really nice layout, it has thought of just about everything you could possibly need to use the software for. I have personally found it very useful for looking up the contact information of my coworkers and keeping track of request off time. For people like servers who constantly drop/add/trade shifts with other people, there is a useful feature to do that as well.

Cons

It logged me out when I changed phones, don't think that's necessary to protect information on this kind of app, but was easy to recover password. Overall a very minor con.

Response from 7shifts

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review Sara! We're happy to hear that 7shifts has everything you need to make your work life easier. We really appreciate your detailed feedback and if there is every anything we can improve upon in the future, please just reach out to our team any time. Cheers!

Tina from Hearth Restaurant

7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden

It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros

I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons

My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

Shannon from Spicy Radish Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent tool that goes far beyond scheduling.

7shifts ties together many organizational tools that has improved communication in our restaurant immensely. We make fewer scheduling errors, our staff can easily contact managers and coworkers through the messaging feature, amendments to the schedule keep everyone in the loop with notifications and the manager log book helps us stay on top of issues and address them quickly and effectively. I originally decided to try the software because I thought it would save time and keep our BOH and FOH schedules cohesive. It pays for the time it saves and adds much more value with all of the additional features. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!

Pros

Our supervisors use the manager logbook and it has been extremely helpful in keeping everyone up to speed on daily operations, issues and ideas. We act much quicker when addressing problems with staff and maintenance, and reduce the distortion of facts when compared to transferring information along a chain of conversations. This is a valuable feature not to be overlooked.

Cons

Some of our staff members have been experiencing freezing and glitching in the app. Some staff are resistant to change and there was a lengthy transition time to get everyone on board. Now that it’s in place almost every new employee loves the interface and is eager to sign up.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2018

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fantastic, detailed review Shannon. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is providing your team with so much value. We looking forward to making 7shifts even more indispensable in the future :)

Damon from Topher’s Grill - Oak Grove

7shifts review

Pros

Before using this software, we primarily used Excel spreadsheets. That process was cumbersome and very hard to schedule employees. By using 7shifts our scheduling has become way more streamlined. We enjoy that once the schedule is posted, it notifies every single employee. We also enjoy that there is a chat feature and announcement feature that allows us to communicate with our employees in order to make sure that everyone is on track. Calculating labor for a schedule is also way easier.

Cons

Overall we really enjoyed the software. The only complaints that I would list is that every now and then our employees and myself are sometimes logged out of our account and it’s cumbersome to figure out why we are logged out and to get back into the account.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Damon! Making the switch from excel to an app is hard sometimes, but we are thrilled to hear it's been worth it for your restaurant. The benefits are clear, so we're happy we could help you and your team make the switch :)

Holly from Hotel Arts Group

Great Labour and Scheduling Tool

Best online live chat center I have ever used. Quick, clear, follow-up emails, 10 star for sure! It is easy for new managers to learn. I brought this program from the last company I worked with to the Hotel, it has had a massive impact on our labour, bringing labour in-line with budgets.

Pros

There are a few things that stand out for me; the ease of making schedules, having staff working at different locations schedules shared through each location, labour management tool, staff contact information easily accessible through the app on my phone. The last one is a big one for me. This means I do not need to add new employees into my phone.

Cons

There is one new update that I struggle with; as an administrator I now need to pick, and click FOH vs. BOH employees. I very much preferred the drop-down option before.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2021

Wow, thanks so much for the amazing review, Holly! Hearing about how 7shifts has made an impact on your labor management at Hotel Arts Group really makes our day. Thanks for bringing 7shifts over from your last company, too! Happy scheduling.

Kristin from Eva's Original Chimneys

Saves so much time!

Pros

-Interaction between staff, ability to put shifts up for grabs and have others bid on shifts -Messaging to groups or individuals -Labour management with targets based on sales vs labour cost -Easy to schedule, with everyone's availability/time off being visible on the schedule -Easy to approve/decline availability & time off -Managers log book, easy to use, direct email that comes in every night helps to stay in the know of all that is happening at each location -Customer support is the absolute best! Friendly, Fast, Efficient.

Cons

-Sometimes the sales reporting isn't always 100% accurate in real time

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2019

Thanks SO much for the review Kristin. On behalf of our entire team at 7shifts we are absolutely thrilled to have the chance to work with you and your team at Eva's every single day. We truly appreciate your feedback and support to help us provide the best possible solution to restaurateurs around the world. And a big congratulations to you on being one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada!

Lynn from Ardies / Flipside

Industry: Restaurants

Our old way was an Excel spreadsheet......

I can't imagine going back to the old way of doing things! When I've had questions or suggestions the 7shifts team has been prompt to respond and follow up.

Pros

Saves so much time over our old way of using an excel spreadsheet and having to keep track of paper time-off requests. Very easy to start using right away and great advanced features to use once you get into using the software! It was always a headache keeping track of vacation requests and changing availabilities - but now the computer flags them immediately. Employees feel more in control being able to electronically submit days-off requests and availability. Employees are easily able to see who's working or not in order to get their shifts covered/switched. Setting up shift templates and having the computer fill out the schedule according to employee availability is awesome. Employees being able to instantly see schedule and changes when they are made is great!

Cons

I'll never go back to excel for scheduling if that counts as a con?

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Lynn, hearing that you will never go back to Excel again is the highest praise we can review. Thanks so much for the great review!

Rebekah from Borio's Restaurant

7shifts Review

My overall experience with 7shifts has been positive one while working as a waitress at a family-owned restaurant. I mostly use it to see what days I will be working and if I will be working the morning shift, the night shift, or if I am scheduled as a banquet server. I recommend this software to any restaurant looking for an easy, communicative software for their employees to use and to let them know what their schedule will be for the week or weeks ahead.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and maneuver in especially within the app. I personally use the app rather than going to the website and logging in. The app is very convenient. I have notifications sent to my phone from the app that lets me know if someone sends out a message, if a shift is available to pick up, or even if my schedule has been updated. You can see what your schedule is for the week when your manager updates it and what other employees you will be working with for any given day. You can give up your shift to any employee or choose a specific employee to give your shift to for them to pick up. You can also send messages to every employee or specific employees instead of texting or calling them from your phone. Another thing you can do is request time off and decide which days and hours you would like to take off and then the manager will approve or disapprove your action. The color scheme in the app is great too.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I do not like about this software. I have used two other restaurant softwares in the past and this is by far my favorite.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the detailed review Rebekah! Love hearing that you've used 7shifts in the other restaurants you had worked in.

Michael from Beamer's Coffee Bar

Beamer’s Coffee Bar

Watching our sales correspond with the labour reports from 7Shifts has been a game changer. The mobile app makes it so easy to see as an owner where you need your staffing levels to be each day, but it also records history so you can go back and see what your sales and labour with even a weather report from a year ago that day. Also the 7Punch system has made it real easy for our staff to clock in and out. Keeps it simple and easy to use.

Pros

The integration of 7Shifts labour reports to our POS TouchBistro sales reports has been the perfect marriage. The interface of 7Shifts software has been easy to understand and use with admin, managers and staff levels.

Cons

Not much to say here because when moving over from another employee staffing company you quickly see the difference and benefits that 7Shifts has to offer you.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the outstanding review Michael! Our team has loved working with you and your team and we're SO excited to hear about the value that 7shifts and TouchBistro together are bringing to your business. We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow for years to come. Cheers!

Jason from Smoke's Poutinerie Saskatoon

A Must Have for Scheduling

I have been a fan of 7Shifts for the last 3.5 years since we switched over from doing excel spreadsheets. Its very simple and easy to learn/teach to new and upcoming supervisors or managers who have never done scheduling before. It has saved so much personal and labour time for my employee's to allow us to actually get real, hands on work completed.

Pros

It's very easy to use, A huge time save for any manager/supervisor, visually displays all pertinent info you want to see, Shows real time data from sales to help monitor labour %age, great future forecasting.

Cons

There's a few button interactions that don't quite function as you might expect but they are constantly updating items for smoother flow.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

I had used Ameego before from another business and it wasn't as easy flowing as 7Shifts was. 7Shifts was eager to work with me and help fine tune their product to some needs/wants I had in the business which only helped them to further improve their product.

Sydney from Sushi Guy

Industry: Restaurants

Great way to stay organized

Pros

I love the digital time off requests. It takes a lot off my plate knowing the system will automatically catalog the requests and remind me when I am making the schedule.

Cons

I wish there was a way to save employee files so I can keep track of documentation and write ups in the software that can correlate to their clock in times and schedule.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Sydney! We've got some awesome surprises for you regarding employee files, coming shortly.

If they don't have what you're looking for, they will help you find it.

Before, we were using one service for our schedule-making, one for clocking employees in and out, one for payroll, etc., etc., etc. It's great to be able to simplify!

Pros

The number of features under the 7shifts umbrella is quite impressive when compared to their competitors. As a busy manager, it's very helpful to have one resource to do my scheduling, clock-ins and -outs, employee messaging, etc. Furthermore, if they don't have a feature I am looking for, their customer service chat is very helpful. I can be talking to a 7shifts representative in seconds about my ideas for easier use. I have even noticed that they have added a couple of these features.

Cons

We are a unique business, in that we are open 24/7. This service certainly functions well for us, with a few work arounds. However, it would be nice if they expanded their features to cater to different types of restaurants.

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review! We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, so we are excited to hear that your team has found it fast and effective. We're always looking to improve our app, so any time you have an idea for an improvement just reach out to us ¿ we want to hear it :)

Tricia from Bogart's

FINALLY one that works!

We jumped into online scheduling three years ago with Hotschedules. Good concept but it didn't function as promised and no one could help you. NOT THE CASE with 7shifts!! This system does exactly what it says it will & they are consisting upgrading and making it better. They are on the other end of the phone when you have questions. They are open to your suggestions. They are helpful and nice!! Customer service means everything to me because it is what I do. My expectations are high and these guys deliver!! The functionality is fantastic. It is not too complicated, the reports aren't overkill, great organization of features and the staff loves it. It is easy for them to operate as well. The ap for their phone is free. Just awesome all around. It is definitely worth every penny!!!! Our restaurant is part of a group of four. They are all their own entity with different concepts, employees and managers. But we need to be able to work together still and 7shifts worked directly with us to make it work for us.

Pros

Ease of use by staff. They have no troubles giving away a shift or picking one up. Putting in their availability is a breeze. It's just not complicated or time consuming so my staff is actually using it!

Cons

Odd to me that I can respond to some things directly by responding to a notification email or text but other things I cannot. For instance, availability vs. a shift pick up.

Leigh from Clam Bar at Napeague

Helpful and always updating

Great all around. Saved money with time clocking.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to group and reach staff through categories.

Cons

I would like to be able to access my employees contact information even after they are terminated (seasonally) without having to re-activate them. I would also like the ability to post an individual’s schedule without posting everyone’s after the schedule is made but not posted yet.

To access more features.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Leigh! We love your suggestions on how we can improve our scheduler and I have shared that feedback with our product team. Thanks for being a 7shifts user :)

keith from Toasted Monkey

Industry: Restaurants

Pros

Ease of use for employees and managers. Integration into Pos / Payroll export. Live labor and Sales Manager log and calendar

Cons

Long time for install date to be scheduled.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

I didnt like that they charged the employees to download the app.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Keith! We are really happy to hear that you've made the switch to a platform that values your team as much as you. We will always try to ensure that we keep 7shifts easy (and free!) for employees.

Tayler from Beechwood Doughnuts

Wish I started using 7shifts sooner!

Pros

7shifts has helped me streamline my business. It is a great tool for communicating with our team with options to post announcements or group chats. It manages our time clocking (7punches), scheduling, and time off requests all in one place. On top of all of that, it integrates with my accounting and POS software so smoothly. 7shifts has saved me so much time and offers the convenience my team truly needed.

Cons

If there are any features that 7shifts may be lacking or any additional features that would benefit 7shifts clients further, they are either already working on it with their beta team or they are open to hearing your suggestions. This software has grown so much since I began utilizing it and has so much potential!

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Wow! Thank you SO much for the amazing review Tayler. Hearing how much 7shifts has helped your business really makes our day. We look forward to growing our platform to better serve you.

Amber from Donnelly Group

General use of 7shifts - Pros and Cons

It's been great. No real issues.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate. Simple, straight forward.

Cons

The only thing I would to see is ease in copying and pasting events on multiple days, opposed to having to write a repeated event, each day of the week.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Company wide we made the change, I'm unsure.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Amber! We love working with the entire team at Donnelly Group across all of your various locations. Keep an eye out for awesome improvements to our events coming very soon. I'm also happy to report you CAN create events for multiple days. Check out this article to see how: https://support.7shifts.com/article/48-creating-events

Marisa from Bistro 424

User friendly and overall amazing

Customer service has been helpful and the access is of the app has been very user friendly for our company

Pros

It’s easy to use software for admins as well as employees. The functionalities are great

Cons

There are glitches at times but overall a great product

Functionality with cake systems

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review Marisa! We're so happy to hear that your restaurant has benefitted from our free integration since you made the switch from HotSchedules.

William from Captains Quarters Riverside Grille

Overall Great Product

Overall Positive

Pros

7shifts and 7tasks offers many great tools to better manage employees. My favorite features are, the free app for employees, the simplistic UI, and the well organized statistics.

Cons

Issues with passwords being randomly denied, the app has gone down in the past (not recently), and some API’s don’t work as well as they could.

Integration with ToastTab

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review William! We are EXCITED to hear that you are finding as much value in our task management tool as our scheduling tools. Also, great to hear you are finding success with your Toast integration. Cheers!