7shifts Reviews

4.73 / 5 (423)

Our advisors have recommended this product 11 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It is easy to use. Has the small feel for a small business, but does all the things a big business needs too!!"

• "This app makes scheduling for a catering business so EASY! I love the fact that I can communicate with my team via the messaging feature, and I can do the whole schedule from my phone. "

• "I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members."

• Cons

• "The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great. "

• "Sometimes the hours entered vs wage doesn't come to an accurate result otherwise it's great."

• "My only complaint is not being able to see who has opened messages. It is not a deal-breaker for sure but it would be helpful."

Browse 7shifts Reviews

Jayelynn from 12 West Brewing Co.

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Pros

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Cons

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Response from 7shifts

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Leslie from Smoothie Operator, Inc - Jamba Juice

Best Decision

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc) Employees can access by phone or computer Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The innovative team thinks very progressively with amazing customer service and wanted to hear what we needed and didn't like in a scheduling program. The continue to seek input and encourage us to make product suggestions which we see get developed and benefit all users.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Mitchell from Sutherland Beer and Wine Store

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

Pros

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

Cons

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Works absolutely flawlessly and the ability to communicate with staff through the app and make announcements is so great!

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Gerad from Prairie Dog Brewing CANADA Inc.

A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros

7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software. I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons

I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant). I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts. Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

We looked at about a dozen other scheduling platforms, most of which I can't remember any longer, but like I said earlier, 7shifts is not just a scheduling platform -- it is 100% geared towards restaurant use, where most of the others are generalist platforms. Out of the scheduling platforms that did focus on restaurants, 7shifts lead the pack by miles in terms of its capability (like 3rd-party integrations), robustness, and thoughtful approach toward solving problems in ways that make both staff and management happy. At the time, 7shifts was the only platform I could find that would apply machine-learning artificial intelligence workflows to restaurant scheduling, which was something I am passionate about and really want to see at our organization.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

7Shifts and More?

The team loved 7shifts since it was so user friendly and easy to access from PC or mobile. Unfortunately, forecasting is obviously a big issue when it comes to scheduling so we moved on.

Pros

I liked the messaging platform it had for teams. I enjoyed the ease of seeing team member roles. I liked the ease of seeing the daily line up of teams in different departments. I enjoyed being able to flag attendance within the app and reports generated from that.

Cons

I did not like third party app integrations that users would be automatically opted into. Forecasting was a bit clunky also unfortunately.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

We didnt. We went with HotSchedules.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and really appreciate you sharing with us what you liked, and what you did not like about 7shifts. In regards to sales/labor forecasting, this is something we are always looking to improve so we appreciate your candor. We strive to provide all of our customers with at least 95% accuracy in forecasting, so if this was something we have not lived up to we want to make it right and work with you to improve your experience. Please reach out to our team any time and we would be happy to help! On that note, we just released our new Optimal Labor tool which provides hourly sales forecasts which are even more intuitive and transparent. The goal here is to provide managers and operators a visual representation of their labor needs to help them more easily hit their targets with solid forecasts: https://support.7shifts.com/article/310-optimal-labor-tool

Keith from Kaldi's Coffee Roasting Co.

Love 7Shifts!

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Chef Steven from Memphis Fire Barbeque Company Inc.

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros

- Very Short Learning Curve - The App is very stable and accurate - Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience - With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat. - Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Sarah from Armandos Restaurant

So efficient

This is much easier than having to deal with a paper schedule and schedule requests.

Cons

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review Sarah! I know that read receipts are high on our developers list of things to do, so that is something we will be looking to add for you shortly.

Devon from Taste of Thai Express

Makes my life easy for scheduling

Overall really great. I use it daily and have no serious issues.

Pros

Managing all scheduling functions in one place is great. It also integrates with payroll and the pos. The app is great too

Cons

The reporting is missing something. There are some things that require manual entry that I don't believe are necessary such as marking people late or absent

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review Devon! Love hearing that 7shifts is making your life easier and I've passed along your request regarding reporting to our product team.

Tiara from Hospitality

Schedule communication made easy

So far the experience has been positive. It's easy to use and the social function adds another layer to everything else.

Pros

It's one of the few scheduling services that operate via app and web. Sometimes I'm not near my phone so the option of logging in on my computer is a plus. Also, this system provides instant notifications whenever there are changes made by managers (schedule change, announcements, etc.)

Cons

The inability to turn off certain functions that aren't needed. It can make the app feel a little clunky at times.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Tiara! Appreciate your feedback on what is working for your restaurant. I've passed along your feedback regarding turning off features to our development team to consider. Cheers!

Tory from Beaver Street Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Pros

Easy to use Great tutorials Fast and friendly support staff Efficiency for reviewing labor Incredibly communication tool between staff and management Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented Fair price for the power of the product

Response from 7shifts

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Emilee from VIPAirsoft Arena

7Shifts saved my company!

I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pros

It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Cons

I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Ann from Phoenix Residential Society

Literally changed my life

7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros

How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues. Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons

Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us. the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

cost

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Brianna from Farm Store

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

Pros

It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

Cons

It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method. The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

Response from 7shifts

Replied July 2019

Hi Brianna, Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow. All the best!

Ann from Pickleman's

Industry: Restaurants

7shifts was a game changer for us!

We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pros

I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Cons

I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

It was far more user friendly than the other software that we considered, and the 7shifts team that helped us set up and roll out the software was fantastic!

Response from 7shifts

Replied July 2019

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

arpita from Reggae Shack Cafe, Inc.

Excellent scheduling software!

I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros

No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules) Budgeting tool Ability to put in events Color coding departments and jobs Ability to print PDF schedule Communication (chat and message options) Employees can trade shifts Availability and time off request features are perfect Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work Great value for the price They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons

There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Elizabeth from Kome Group

Daily recaps made easy

Pros

With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

Cons

Response from 7shifts

Replied September 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!

Daniel from Carr's Steakhouse

Best Scheduling Software for Restaurants

I have invested time and money into alot of different software for our restaurant - scheduling, inventory, marketing, ordering etc. No product or service has come close to the Value, Convenience, and Effectiveness of 7Shifts. Some apps are overpriced, bulky, actually add more time and effort to your work week, not this one. From day one I have been throughly impressed with how well designed, engineered, executed, and supported this software is. We had a big name schedule software before 7Shifts, but it came with a big price tag and big headaches. I promise you, 7Shifts will make your life much easier, and improve the way you schedule and communicate with your staff. You can't go wrong with this software - it's built to be the best in the business, and it's second to none.

Pros

Very Easy to Learn and Use Excellent Features You and Your Employees will love Great Value, Inexpensive, Time-Saving Outstanding Support Team Constantly Innovating and Improving

Cons

2+ Years in and No Negatives. Like I said it's the best software of it's kind, custom built for the restaurant industry.

Response from 7shifts

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the kind words Daniel! We absolutely love working with you and the rest of your team at Carr's Steakhouse and looking forward to helping your business for years to come :)

heather from State Park, Mamaleh's Caf du Pays

7shifts, not just for scheduling

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules. the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability. the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts. the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks. the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Response from 7shifts

Replied April 2019

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Sara Jane from Eugene

Has all the tools you could need

I get updates/push notifications from 7 shifts every week when my schedule is published, as well as updates from my managers and corporate offices. I also sometimes use it to make work life easier. Really glad to have this piece of software I thought I'd never use. Very good for the restaurant industry and hourly positions.

Pros

It's a really nice layout, it has thought of just about everything you could possibly need to use the software for. I have personally found it very useful for looking up the contact information of my coworkers and keeping track of request off time. For people like servers who constantly drop/add/trade shifts with other people, there is a useful feature to do that as well.

Cons

It logged me out when I changed phones, don't think that's necessary to protect information on this kind of app, but was easy to recover password. Overall a very minor con.

Response from 7shifts

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review Sara! We're happy to hear that 7shifts has everything you need to make your work life easier. We really appreciate your detailed feedback and if there is every anything we can improve upon in the future, please just reach out to our team any time. Cheers!

Shannon from Spicy Radish Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent tool that goes far beyond scheduling.

7shifts ties together many organizational tools that has improved communication in our restaurant immensely. We make fewer scheduling errors, our staff can easily contact managers and coworkers through the messaging feature, amendments to the schedule keep everyone in the loop with notifications and the manager log book helps us stay on top of issues and address them quickly and effectively. I originally decided to try the software because I thought it would save time and keep our BOH and FOH schedules cohesive. It pays for the time it saves and adds much more value with all of the additional features. Dont hesitate to give it a try!

Pros

Our supervisors use the manager logbook and it has been extremely helpful in keeping everyone up to speed on daily operations, issues and ideas. We act much quicker when addressing problems with staff and maintenance, and reduce the distortion of facts when compared to transferring information along a chain of conversations. This is a valuable feature not to be overlooked.

Cons

Some of our staff members have been experiencing freezing and glitching in the app. Some staff are resistant to change and there was a lengthy transition time to get everyone on board. Now that its in place almost every new employee loves the interface and is eager to sign up.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2018

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fantastic, detailed review Shannon. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is providing your team with so much value. We looking forward to making 7shifts even more indispensable in the future :)

Tina from Hearth Restaurant

7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden

It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros

I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons

My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

Michael from Beamer's Coffee Bar

Beamers Coffee Bar

Watching our sales correspond with the labour reports from 7Shifts has been a game changer. The mobile app makes it so easy to see as an owner where you need your staffing levels to be each day, but it also records history so you can go back and see what your sales and labour with even a weather report from a year ago that day. Also the 7Punch system has made it real easy for our staff to clock in and out. Keeps it simple and easy to use.

Pros

The integration of 7Shifts labour reports to our POS TouchBistro sales reports has been the perfect marriage. The interface of 7Shifts software has been easy to understand and use with admin, managers and staff levels.

Cons

Not much to say here because when moving over from another employee staffing company you quickly see the difference and benefits that 7Shifts has to offer you.

Response from 7shifts

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the outstanding review Michael! Our team has loved working with you and your team and we're SO excited to hear about the value that 7shifts and TouchBistro together are bringing to your business. We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow for years to come. Cheers!

Kristin from Eva's Original Chimneys

Saves so much time!

Pros

-Interaction between staff, ability to put shifts up for grabs and have others bid on shifts -Messaging to groups or individuals -Labour management with targets based on sales vs labour cost -Easy to schedule, with everyone's availability/time off being visible on the schedule -Easy to approve/decline availability & time off -Managers log book, easy to use, direct email that comes in every night helps to stay in the know of all that is happening at each location -Customer support is the absolute best! Friendly, Fast, Efficient.

Cons

-Sometimes the sales reporting isn't always 100% accurate in real time

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2019

Thanks SO much for the review Kristin. On behalf of our entire team at 7shifts we are absolutely thrilled to have the chance to work with you and your team at Eva's every single day. We truly appreciate your feedback and support to help us provide the best possible solution to restaurateurs around the world. And a big congratulations to you on being one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada!

Rebekah from Borio's Restaurant

7shifts Review

My overall experience with 7shifts has been positive one while working as a waitress at a family-owned restaurant. I mostly use it to see what days I will be working and if I will be working the morning shift, the night shift, or if I am scheduled as a banquet server. I recommend this software to any restaurant looking for an easy, communicative software for their employees to use and to let them know what their schedule will be for the week or weeks ahead.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and maneuver in especially within the app. I personally use the app rather than going to the website and logging in. The app is very convenient. I have notifications sent to my phone from the app that lets me know if someone sends out a message, if a shift is available to pick up, or even if my schedule has been updated. You can see what your schedule is for the week when your manager updates it and what other employees you will be working with for any given day. You can give up your shift to any employee or choose a specific employee to give your shift to for them to pick up. You can also send messages to every employee or specific employees instead of texting or calling them from your phone. Another thing you can do is request time off and decide which days and hours you would like to take off and then the manager will approve or disapprove your action. The color scheme in the app is great too.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I do not like about this software. I have used two other restaurant softwares in the past and this is by far my favorite.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the detailed review Rebekah! Love hearing that you've used 7shifts in the other restaurants you had worked in.

Lynn from Ardies / Flipside

Industry: Restaurants

Our old way was an Excel spreadsheet......

I can't imagine going back to the old way of doing things! When I've had questions or suggestions the 7shifts team has been prompt to respond and follow up.

Pros

Saves so much time over our old way of using an excel spreadsheet and having to keep track of paper time-off requests. Very easy to start using right away and great advanced features to use once you get into using the software! It was always a headache keeping track of vacation requests and changing availabilities - but now the computer flags them immediately. Employees feel more in control being able to electronically submit days-off requests and availability. Employees are easily able to see who's working or not in order to get their shifts covered/switched. Setting up shift templates and having the computer fill out the schedule according to employee availability is awesome. Employees being able to instantly see schedule and changes when they are made is great!

Cons

I'll never go back to excel for scheduling if that counts as a con?

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Lynn, hearing that you will never go back to Excel again is the highest praise we can review. Thanks so much for the great review!

Jason from Smoke's Poutinerie Saskatoon

A Must Have for Scheduling

I have been a fan of 7Shifts for the last 3.5 years since we switched over from doing excel spreadsheets. Its very simple and easy to learn/teach to new and upcoming supervisors or managers who have never done scheduling before. It has saved so much personal and labour time for my employee's to allow us to actually get real, hands on work completed.

Pros

It's very easy to use, A huge time save for any manager/supervisor, visually displays all pertinent info you want to see, Shows real time data from sales to help monitor labour %age, great future forecasting.

Cons

There's a few button interactions that don't quite function as you might expect but they are constantly updating items for smoother flow.

If they don't have what you're looking for, they will help you find it.

Before, we were using one service for our schedule-making, one for clocking employees in and out, one for payroll, etc., etc., etc. It's great to be able to simplify!

Pros

The number of features under the 7shifts umbrella is quite impressive when compared to their competitors. As a busy manager, it's very helpful to have one resource to do my scheduling, clock-ins and -outs, employee messaging, etc. Furthermore, if they don't have a feature I am looking for, their customer service chat is very helpful. I can be talking to a 7shifts representative in seconds about my ideas for easier use. I have even noticed that they have added a couple of these features.

Cons

We are a unique business, in that we are open 24/7. This service certainly functions well for us, with a few work arounds. However, it would be nice if they expanded their features to cater to different types of restaurants.

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review! We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, so we are excited to hear that your team has found it fast and effective. We're always looking to improve our app, so any time you have an idea for an improvement just reach out to us we want to hear it :)

Tricia from Bogart's

FINALLY one that works!

We jumped into online scheduling three years ago with Hotschedules. Good concept but it didn't function as promised and no one could help you. NOT THE CASE with 7shifts!! This system does exactly what it says it will & they are consisting upgrading and making it better. They are on the other end of the phone when you have questions. They are open to your suggestions. They are helpful and nice!! Customer service means everything to me because it is what I do. My expectations are high and these guys deliver!! The functionality is fantastic. It is not too complicated, the reports aren't overkill, great organization of features and the staff loves it. It is easy for them to operate as well. The ap for their phone is free. Just awesome all around. It is definitely worth every penny!!!! Our restaurant is part of a group of four. They are all their own entity with different concepts, employees and managers. But we need to be able to work together still and 7shifts worked directly with us to make it work for us.

Pros

Ease of use by staff. They have no troubles giving away a shift or picking one up. Putting in their availability is a breeze. It's just not complicated or time consuming so my staff is actually using it!

Cons

Odd to me that I can respond to some things directly by responding to a notification email or text but other things I cannot. For instance, availability vs. a shift pick up.

Kumar from Real Estate

Scheduling Made Easy

Pros

7shifts is one of several scheduling software options that allows you to have transparency in calculating hours and costs. It's a strong communication tool to send out information in addition to creating schedules for employees. The setup is easy, maintenance is seamless, and the visibility into costs is very helpful in making decisions.

Cons

7shifts makes communication too easy, something that can be abused by both management and the team. When people can chat too easily, they will often abuse the system--something that was avoidable in the pen and paper days.

Response from 7shifts

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review Kumar! We are happy to hear that you find 7shifts a great tool for helping to manage your labor costs, budgeting, and communications. And that is great feedback regarding our chat functionality I will make sure a member of our team follows up with you to show you how you can set it up to remove the 'noise' from your team. All the best!

Ryan from CWC Food Services, LLC/ DBA Zaxbys

It works.

Working with the app has been awesome. Never had a problem. When something works well you should rarely need support. But there's been a few times I've asked a question on how to do something and they were super responsive and cool.

Pros

Its turn key. When opening a restaurant nothing is turn key. Once you set it up..It works 100% like it's supposed to. Communication/announcements. When there s a problem from the day before I can segment that based on position. No need to hit the FOH with a lesson that's only applicable to the BOH. This allows that.

Cons

Its really hard to find something I don't like. I really have no complaints. But I think a good feature to add: historic sales inputs- for the labor %- to continue the next week automatically.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Ryan! We love hearing that our client success team has been able to help you out so quickly. It's what drives them to always provide top-notch service!

Pamela from Cornerstone Theatre

We love using 7shifts

We love using 7shifts and will continue to use it. It's very user friendly which helps with training new managers to use it and new staff can use it without any training at all.

Pros

All of our staff schedules are in one place (we have 2 locations plus offsite locations). Ease of use - staff can access it on an app, staff can enter their availability easily, access their schedules easily. Our managers can create schedules really easily and quickly. We can send messages to staff quickly that can send as a text or email.

Cons

I don't use it on a daily basis, so I can't comment on that. I would like to see integration with other software - payroll or event software if possible in the future

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Pamela! Just wanted to let you know that we now DO offer a variety of payroll integrations for your team. You can check them out here: https://www.7shifts.com/integrated-partners I've also passed along your information to our client success team so they can reach out to you and help get this setup. Cheers!

Steve from White Whiskers Inc.

Industry: Restaurants

Less time scheduling, more time where I'm needed!

Like I mentioned above in my title and in the 'pros', so much less time dealing with my old Excel spreadsheet ....... schedules are done in a matter of minutes, and less mistakes with availabilities and time off requests.

Pros

I love how easy it is to make weekly schedules. From just copying them week to week, to easily changing a shift when an employees availability is not there, to keeping track of days off needed....... less to worry about! Also, NO MORE EXCEL SHEETS!! No more creating the following week, fixing a cell calculation that got changed, no more adding up all employee hours individually! Just add in 7punches, and all that is taken care of for you! Just close a payroll period, download the excel file and print. Simple. OH, and I forgot to mention the app!! Wonderful, and great updates happening!

Cons

Honestly, it works great. I can't complain. Money well spent!

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2018

Wow, thanks for the kind words Steve. We love hearing when we can help our clients get our of "Excel Hell" Let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you and your team!

Craig from The Local American Saloon

The Local American Saloon Restaurant

This software will save you time and money! I can create shifts and see my projected labor as im creating the schedule along with the weather forecast. (in restaurants seeing weather is important!) All managers no longer need to get shifts covered, find someone for a sick employee or spend time making phone calls to make your business run. 7 Shifts will do all the work for you as you watch on the amazing app. I cannot say enough about 7 Shifts, a must have for a labor driven business. Get it!!!

Pros

The software for 7shifts is so simple to use and no need for training. Scheduling is very simple and the program memorizes common shifts and it is very easy to create shifts with a click and paste.

Cons

Nothing. This software is far beyond any other options out there.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2019

Amazing! Thanks for the review Craig. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts has enabled you to build easy, labor-accurate schedules that adapt to your ever-changing staffing... and weather :)

Arthur from Pleasant House

Empowering Staff Through Scheduling

I started off with 7 shifts as a way of creating a simple digital schedule for my remote production facility staff that also executed offsite markets and events. Later, 7 shifts empowered me to take over the manual scheduling system that was in place at my full service Pub location which empowered my staff to be able to take control of their scheduling needs at their convenience.

Pros

Cloud based desktop and mobile app interface that empowers staff to build and maintain schedule and to be able to communicate with each other about scheduling needs and events.

Cons

there is not anything significant that I like least about the software to note.

Response from 7shifts

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for the review Arthur! We really appreciate the feedback of long-time users like yourself and we are genuinely excited to hear about the empowerment that 7shifts provides to your staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to ensure that 7shifts remains your top choice for scheduling and communication.

August 2016

Andy from Twenty-Sixth Horizon LLC

August 2016

Better than its competitors. The most user friendly scheduling software you will find. Saves TIME!

We used to use a MS Excel spreadsheet that calculated labor and flagged overtime. The problem was the ability to "Break" it by accidentally hitting the wrong key. Any schedule maker who wasn't a MS Excel wiz would then have trouble "Fixing" the schedule. This led to me vetting various scheduling software to find something more user friendly than MS Excel. We tried plenty of them, but 7Shifts stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros

It takes the excuse-making out of the scheduling process by keeping the schedule makers organized, informed, and on top of everything. Employee involvement makes the schedule maker's job much easier as well. The user friendliness is far superior to any other software. The iPhone/Android app is seamless and takes only a few minutes to grasp in its entirety. Lastly, if/when we have an issue to resolve, the customer service reps do an outstanding job of being available, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Cons

Occasional bugs...but customer service embraces the reporting of any issues because they want the software to be as good as possible.

Christian from Christian Michaels, Hudsons, California Pasta

Industry: Restaurants

Great for restaurants to help save on labor

Paying managers to make weekly schedule And handling all personal time off Requests. Lots of communication to solve simple problems now The app and the staff handle themselves Managers can concentrate on customer service.

Pros

Integrates with you Pos system and Pulls real time numbers. Going with a set schedule and staff handling their time request off via text or job post. Looking forward to having next year numbers to help scheduling amounts.

Cons

That Implantation its not as easy as they make it sound youll be up and running in a couple days It takes time even though it can pull data from your Pos or via an Excel sheet IT did not drop everything in the proper places so add time for management to enter all data before the system can be used. But also very important to get the details right the first time for long-term results

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review Christian! We're so happy to hear that integration with your POS has had a positive impact on your scheduling and your business. And thanks for the feedback on the setup as well I have passed that feedback along to our team who will use it to see how we can improve our process for ALL customers, including yourself.

Keith from 7 Hills Brewing Co.

Industry: Restaurants

Great overall product for performance

We have had a great experience overall. It has saved us so much time with their algorithm for scheduling, their ability to forecast given last years data (from the POS integration), and built in communication for messaging both general and specific (private messenger). We are still discovering tools and features that we utilize as we grow into new areas of our business, or try and mitigate regular issues more efficiently.

Pros

The integration with our P.O.S. system, Touch Bistro. Multiple user accessibility and role designation to limit or facilitate user responsibilities.

Cons

There are some basic features that are overlooked or harder to access. Customer support is very mindful of suggestions and typically works to add features for functionality as multiple organizations voice feedback. Customer service is kind and helpful. I imagine they do more with less so patience is required during supportive interactions.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks so much for the review Keith! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that our integration with your TouchBistro POS has been beneficial to 7 Hills Brewing. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding our support team. We will be growing this team substantially over the coming months and will be looking forward to exceeding your expectations!

June 2016

Jason from Xi'an Famous Foods

June 2016

Simple, Clean, But Enough Features To Get The Job Done Efficiently

We are a fast-casual restaurant group with a dozen locations. We came across 7Shifts after failing to successfully work with a handful of other scheduling systems. researching scheduling software for our scheduling needs. Selecting the proper scheduling software for us is very crucial, as we rely heavily on such systems to efficiently utilize labor and to keep good records. On top of that, it is also very costly to switch systems if one fails to work out, so we wanted to be sure it works for us. We tested out 7Shifts with its trial offer, and gave it a run, and everything worked very intuitively. Jordan (CEO) was also very helpful to address our questions and needs, and works hard to make sure our concerns are addressed. The software has a clean, focused take on scheduling, especially for restaurant businesses, and works well for groups like ours with multiple locations. User interface for scheduling is very intuitive and easy to work with, and reports are readily available. 7Shifts knows how to focus on the essentials that matter instead of frills that the industry just don't need.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of set-up; straight-forward sales and support; affordable pricing; willingness to innovate and grow in features; good report generations

Response from 7shifts

Replied June 2016

Thanks for the review Jason! Always a pleasure working with you.

Maori from La Panthere Verte

Great Experience

7Shifts provides an overall picture of labor cost and employees satisfaction every shift. Managers can keep up with any modification and send announcements to all of their team members at once.In addition. managers can keep track of break times, late employees, days off requests and more!

Pros

It significantly reduced the amount of hours managers spent making schedules and revising them due to changes in employees availability. 7Shifts allowed us to provide a communication platform that was easy to use and accessible to all our employees.

Cons

No payroll integration that works well with Canadian companies.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

better pricing and the option of managers log book feature that allows managers to log in information regarding that day were the key factors!

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review Maori! We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear 7shifts has helped streamline your restaurants' operations. I have also passed your feedback regarding payroll integration to our product teams. This is something we are actively working on right now in order to support our amazing customers like yourself. Cheers!

Amy from Drift Sidewalk Cafe

The best software

The ease of scheduling is awesome- weather, budget etc is all there so you do not have to have multiple screens open.

Pros

It's simplicity. Easy for employees to put up shifts for grabs, easy to assign, easy to message employees and keep everything in one place.

Cons

The event page could use better navigating tools- ie. a drop down menu for searching past or future dates. We book a lot of weddings and christmas parties 6 months to 1 year in advance and would be nice not have to click through all the months to get to desired date.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Amy! We really appreciate you and the rest of the Drift team's support. One of our favourite local spots. Also, thank you for the feedback on the events page. I've passed that along to our product team to look at and see how they can make this even better for you :)

Kristen from Breka Bakery & Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

We're happy with the main functions of 7shifts and overall it has simplified our scheduling process!

Pros

The best part about 7shifts is that any time I have a question, I write a quick message in the pop-up chat located in the bottom right corner, and someone gets back to me within a few minutes. This program easily tracks employees availability and vacations. It has some great key features, and is easy to use.

Cons

It would be great if when scheduling, you can view the day and have a simple button to view the next day. Instead, you have to close the pop-up window, and select the next day separately. Additionally, it would be better if there was a way to input start and end time by clicking and dragging instead of manually entering each start and end time.

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Kristen!. We've happy to hear that our client success team always is there to support you and your team. Also, thanks for the great product suggestions I've pass those along to our team. Cheers! :)

Kurt from ChocolateDude

A great value

My overall experience has been very positive. 7 Shifts has allowed me to save several hours a week and be a more effective personnel manager.

Pros

7 Shifts allows me to take a much more strategic approach to scheduling. Before 7 shifts, I managed my schedule manually and most of my mental energy was spent creating the scheduling template and organizing my employee's scheduling requests. With 7 shifts, the template is already created and the employees are in charge of managing their own requests. The end result, I can spend my time scheduling my employees strategically to best meet my anticipated demand at the greatest value.

Cons

The software is such an improvement as compared to what I was dong that I really can't find any faults.

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review Kurt! We love hearing that 7shifts has helped shift your approach to more "strategic" scheduling and sharing of responsibility between you and your staff. We can't wait to continue to work with you for years to come.

Thomas from Red Lodge Hospitality

Industry: Restaurants

The best restaurant scheduling software

Pros

7shifts is great, it is intuitive and easy to use! We use it for 4 different restaurants and all my managers and my employees love it. It is really easy to set up and to build schedules. You can look at your schedules several different ways, and you can also see estimated labor costs. But the best part is the way it interacts with employees. There is a FREE app and they can see their schedule as well as request shift trades. We used two different apps before 7 shifts including Hot Schedules and they do not even compare in terms of ease of use and functionality

Cons

Honestly, there is not much I don't like about 7 shifts. Whenever we have had a problem their support has been great and resolved it quickly.

Ryan from Boccaccio's

7 Shifts Review

From the beginning of the free trial that the support team set us up, to the end of the trial just showed how great of a program 7 shifts is. My employees are already raving about it and how easy the phone app is too. The program is great and so is the customer service from the support team.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, speed, responsiveness, price, does exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Can't think of a con...just a great program

Response from 7shifts

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review Ryan! We're excited to hear that 7shifts has been easy to setup and that you and your staff are loving it. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding our customer service. We take the support we provide our clients very seriously so it mean a lot to us to hear that it has been a benefit to you. All the best!

January 2016

Jeb from Harrison's Harbor Watch

January 2016

Save managers time; Saves on Labor cost; Increase employee satisfaction.

I run a 450 seat high volume seafood restaurant with up to 115 employees in the summer. Scheduling the various departments was a on average 4-5 hours of headache filled work as myself and my 3 assistant managers shared request from staff via text messages, Facebook posts, emails, & notes left on desk . It was an overwhelming headache. Schedules were built in excel, printed and posted in the restaurant. Staff members who were off that day would call the hostess or managers to find out there shifts during the dinner rush. I figured there had to be something better. After searching on line I found 7Shifts and gave it a try. The first week we ran 7shifts and the old excel system. Once the staff realized how easy it was to request off and switch shifts (With manager approval) we ditched the excel format completely. Management: I have been the GM for 10 years. I can honestly say that this app has been one of the single best tools I have ever used. Selfishly I love the fact it saves me time. I am no longer coming into the building and finding out an employee called out and scrambling to find someone to cover at prep time. My managers and I can track the requests, call outs, and swaps to ensure we have appropriate staff for the evening. I wish I found this 10 years ago. Save labor costs: We had been using Micros Labor Mgmt software but I personally feel that Micros needs to get their software out of the 90's and become more user friendly. Entering forecasting sales data is simple of 7shifts. Editing employee rates of pay and jobs is much faster than on Micros. We were able to avoid potential overtime by the 7shifts alerts when approving shifts being given away. Employee satisfaction: Our staff was happy to be able to get immediate feedback on requested time off. Instant approval on covered shifts and immediate d notification of schedules. I have staff who have worked at major corporate chains and other independent restaurant. They all have said this makes their life easier. I can not express how supportive I am of this App!

Time Saving and Efficient

With using 7 shifts I am able to save so much time and have more efficient schedules. Not only are we able to make better schedules that fit our business and employee needs, we also have improved communication tremendously. Our company has 4 different locations, so being able to share employees and see when they are scheduled at other location really helps the communication process. That is something that we have always struggled with. Now we can send out daily announcements to let our employees know of any events or specials going on. We also have put the responsibility of covering shifts on the employees to get them covered and pick up shifts when needed without involving management. Also they do not have the excuse to say they do not know their schedule when the app makes everything easily available.

Pros

I love that you can make a schedule template for each role, it is a huge time saver to plug in all of the shifts.

Cons

For the mast part 7 shifts covers all of the basic needs. I just wish their were more features.

Response from 7shifts

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review! :)

Matthew from Aslan Brewing Co.

Much Love

So far so good. Getting used to a few quirks but the support team has been great.

Pros

The real time sales vs labor reports are a great tool!

Cons

Still having issues with integration mapping from TOAST

Response from 7shifts

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Matthew. We appreciate your feedback and I've passed along your mapping note to our support team. I will ensure that they reach out to you and get this solved. Cheers!

Jayelynn from 12 West Brewing Co.

Easy to Use & Functional

Overall, it's simple and easy to use and has great functions.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. You can message staff directly or by job description- so if there is something I specifically need the kitchen to know I can select that particular group. The app is helpful and I can respond to emails with "approved" or "denied" for even quicker responses to shift changes. I also like that there is an events calendar that the staff can see.

Cons

If you're doing the schedule on the app rather than the website, it doesn't show you who has requested time off or who is unavailable to work that day. I also cannot edit the preset shift times on the app.

Response from 7shifts

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! Happy to hear that our communications tool help keep your team in sync and that we've made it easier for you to manage requests. We've got some big things planned for our mobile app this coming year, so hopefully we will be able to address your concerns :)

Logan from Rally 5

Industry: Restaurants

Its the right fit for us

I use 7Shifts 99% as a scheduling tool and so my staff can put their shifts up in the shift pool and communicate if they do not have each others phone numbers. 7Shifts does exactly what I need from it and the cost is well worth my time.

Pros

The ease of use is the first thing that comes to mind. The interface is simple to explain to people who are not technologically inclined and this app is not missing any features that I need.

Cons

I cannot think of any complaints I have. Maybe if I tried out a few more of your competitors I might see an area of improvement...but I like it better than the competition I have seen.

Response from 7shifts

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review Logan! We're happy to hear that 7shifts is the right fit for your restaurant and it has everything you and your staff need to stay connected.