All Acuity Scheduling Reviews

Shade

E-Learning, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Streamline Your Appointments With Acuity.

Rashidat

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Checks all my boxes

I’m managing my time for multiple groups of needs and Acuity is allowing me to do that all in one place. I can manage my personal needs, my life coaching needs, and my nonprofit needs all in one place and still keep my hair (because I haven’t pulled it out trying to keep myself afloat). I look forward to continuing to use the software as it has room for me to expand and handle other needs that I foresee in the future. For me, Acuity is a great one stop shop to manage and connect people to the services provide.

PROS

I switched from Calendly because I was having people make appointments at the last minute and back to back. I really appreciate that Acuity has functionality to account for my preferences in both situations. I really enjoy the ability to personalize my different scheduling links since I set up scheduling for a few different scenarios. I tend to use the specific appointment type scheduling link, which is great to have separated from the overall link so that there is no confusion in booking. There is so much other functionality that I haven’t had a chance to use yet link the intake forms and billing, but I’m looking forward to using it. Also, I really enjoy the emails and correspondence that I’ve had with organization. I haven’t even submitted a help ticket, but every email is funny and engaging and it feels like someone is personally attending to me!

CONS

I had a little bit of confusion with the set up of my calendars. It took some searching to figure out how to combine all my appointments to one calendar. All in all I figured it out and still love my account.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

The ability to add buffer time between meetings and to disable the ability for a last minute meeting to be scheduled overnight without giving me time to prepare for it. In addition, I use Squarespace as well. I love that product and wanted to maintain fluidity between both products. Both are made well and make my life simple so I can do what is most important to me rather than spending all my time on designing a website or figuring out scheduling.

Nitin

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Basic cloud based appointment scheduling app

I am not in love of this app but it definitely worth trying as it has features that will help for scheduling and get reminders of payments at low price but not lowest.

PROS

I loved the ease of use and integration with goigle calender that helps me sync my Google appointments with Acuity scheduling app. Secondly, I can book and send branded reminders to my co workers and clients. Lastly, its most useful feature that I use specially for clients who forget to pay on time. Its payment acceptance feature that enable me to accept payment from stripe and paypal.

CONS

Need to learn css to customize the branding for appointments Searching for previous appointments is cumbersome and exhaust lots of time to figuring out.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Custimizing appointment as per yoyr branding is only thing that made me choose Acuity over other alternatives and also low pricing.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Calendly made me switch as it not much organised in terms of multiple appointments scheduled between a small time intervals. Even I couldn't add my vranding to appointment mails in calendly.

Ronald

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Fostered and Evolved Excellent Online Booking Itinerary

PROS

Often notifications and reminders on upcoming appointments. Super-easy stylish GUI and UI dashboard visualization. Online billing and invoicing (payment processing). CC procession.

CONS

Tis the right IT software fitting its functionality and performance.

Melissa

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Not what I needed

It was a good short term software while I prepared to open my yoga studio

PROS

Very low price compared to other softwares I was comparing it to

CONS

You get what you pay for, did not include enough for what I needed it for

Jerra L

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Acuity Scheduling has empowered salon professionals to deliver exceptional guest services

Acuity Scheduling has helped us optimize our business. Offering appointment window by tracking when Iam available and letting my clients schedule then is magical. I also get notified through my email when a booking is made. And also the wait-list calendar has ensured we don't have colliding appointments which has proven to be paramount in embracing a hospitality driven approach to hair care.

PROS

As we continue transform our business by adopting tech solutions that personalize the guest or rather customer experience, Acuity Scheduling has been in the centre of this transformation. It's implementation process was a a quick fix that didn't affect the salon operations. It delivers a free trial that we utilized greatly for learning purposes to familiarize with it. Comes with a slick and straightforward UI that makes it user friendly without prior knowledge. Acuity Scheduling delivers a range of features that we have found very helpful in running our day to day beauty salon business. We are able to create appointments for the different services we offer while customizing it to including details like duration, prices, description and images to highlight those services. As a staff member Iam added in the acuity and it allows me to find upcoming appointments and manage booking. I have also managed to create my own calendar soo I can be booked personally and enables me enter the specific hours Iam a available which I have synced with my personal email for notifications and alerts. It is also easy to offer discounts for those diehard clients soo that we off some amount on their next appointment. Integrating it with stripe payments has streamlined the collection of online payment during booking and record payments made in person. Lastly tracking the use of Acuity Scheduling using the report functionality allows for improvement.

CONS

Acuity scheduling is the master of conveniences through coordinated bookings and salon appointments. The information available online and it's responsive technical team has ensured that our use experience has no hutches.

Riabilitazione

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Acuity Scheduling is an Organized and Planning Approach

PROS

Acuity Scheduling makes instrumental planning measures for companies, where time is accurately managed.

CONS

Acuity Scheduling is conventional, and has no major set back for business consistency.

Alex

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Acuity was simple and easy

For as long as we were small, it was great, however, we did eventually outgrow it's functionality

PROS

Acuity was a very cost effective and simple way to get our clients booked and keep a calendar with a database of clients.

CONS

It lacked the features we needed as we grew to expand to new resources, spaces, coaches, and cross reference them against each other

Amber

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Great quality

Very great experience. I definitely recommend this to other small businesses

PROS

Great product and quality system for setting up appointments and reminders for myself and others as well as customers

CONS

Nothing I didn’t like least about aquity

Steve

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Really Efficient Calendar System

PROS

At first, I was reluctant to change calendar systems but once I set everything up I started to see the value of the product.

CONS

I think the biggest part was it was a different interface than I've been used too, but like a lot of things once you start to use you see the value. So it's hard to say knock the product simply because I was used to something else.

Tydie

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to Set Up and Maintain

PROS

Easy to set up my availability and add any scheduled appointments to my calendar. It allowed customers to easily set up, change, and cancel appointments.

CONS

Nothing negative to say! I was testing out different scheduling apps, this was the first I tried, and I really liked Acuity. I recommend for any business owner who wants to set up easy scheduling for clients.

Reviewed June 2019

Perfect for automations

1. Overall it is a perfect service. We love it because it has integration with Zapier. We have a Google spreadsheet where we keep all the appointment and see all the statistics. So integration with Zapier saves us so much time. 2. I am not sure yet (not fully tested), but looks like Acuity does not remove guests from Google Calendar events. So if I need to share an appointment through Google Calendar, a guest will not be removed with every sync. Not sure if it designed like that, but please, do not remove this feature. Or maybe even improve it (adding guests to Google Event through Acuity?) :)

PROS

Zapier and Squarespace integrations. Simplicity.

CONS

1.Address field works, but a bit unusual. It does not show address in a regular format. For example: If you need :1229 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 You will get: 1229 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America Not sure if it is limited by Google. 2. Email design is very simple. It is not the most important part, but still. Looking forward to see shared design with Squarespace.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Zapier integration. Price per calendar. It was important for us initially, but changed the plans.

Zapier integration

Jess

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

New Company Needing Reliable Software

So far the experience has been good. There is a lot of functionality and options - users have a lot of control over many details. Some of the scheduling sessions or setting up options (like the Terms and Conditions forms for booking) are not clear - more instructions should be visible on the page - but you can figure it out if you have time for trial and error.

PROS

-The client facing side is much more attractive than other scheduling options -so easy to customize what the clients see, it's very clean and simple -3rd party application integration gives many options for growing your business -the tiered account options, so we can maybe save money in the first few years

CONS

-sessions were a little bit confusing to set up, but it might just be our style of scheduling -Once you set up sessions, when you go to review them is not ideal : We are a company with recurring sessions every day of the week, and the sessions become a long list - other scheduling apps tried allowed the sessions to be viewed in a chart, making it easier to check and adjust -clients being unable to book more than one person easily - I don't think all of them will understand that they need to 'Add A Time' until they have the correct number of time slots chosen

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

It filled the top requirements that our boss wanted. - easy to view calendar - automatic and customizable email confirmation - calendar integration - Instagram button - Square integration - great options for a good price

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Appointy's payment processing rarely worked on our client side and when we asked for help, we got repetitive answers with no solutions. The automatic emails also kept getting sent out in Javascript instead of a readable email. If client's opted out of paying their deposits, Appointy would still block off the time slot - which would fill out calendar with empty appointments.

Maggie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Easy to use for business and customers

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if they’re not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

PROS

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning there’s no paying out for features that aren’t required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way I’m able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system. For what it offers it is an excellent price.

CONS

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesn’t.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Mindbody was far too expensive for what I needed plus it wasn’t possible to set travel time between sessions (mobile) without creating longer session times which were visible to the customer.

Josephine

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Best alternative to Mindbody

I spent a month going through different software demos in the health and wellness sector. I knew I wanted to switch from Mindbody for my dance studio and wanted to find the best out of the dozens of registration software options there are in this sector. After much research and using the trial set up and function for my top options (Wellness Living and Amilia were the other possibles for me), I was very happily surprised to say with certainty that Acuity was the best fit for me and offered the best functionality. And better yet, it was by far the cheapest!

PROS

What I like best is the depth to which you can customize the user experience. Being able to easily change all the language clients see through the process really helps (especially since we're a bilingual school) and it's also the most mobile-friendly when it comes to functionality and design. Finally, having an app for both the admin and the user side will be a huge asset and I know the Zoom integration will save us a lot of time when it comes to managing invitations to our virtual classes.

CONS

I wish there was a way that clients could carry positive and negative balances on their accounts.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

More mobile friendly user experience, more features included in the base pricing option. More intuitive booking system for appointments on the client end. Felt like Mindbody were constantly trying to get me to upgrade my plan for very minor needs that I felt should be included in my expensive plan (like using promo codes and editing class categories).

Benjamin

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Acuity for Photographers is a Must-have

Acuity scheduling has changed how i run my business in that it makes booking appointments super easy. I'm able to add an embedded link on my website and convert customers immediately. They can book an appointment with us without having to go back and forth through text or phone calls. My assistant is able to book appointments or even send direct links to our appointments to our clients and the client will book and pay on the spot without having to go back and forth in an email.

PROS

I love that i'm able to make appointments with buffers before and after the appointment so our calendar will be properly scheduled to prevent rushed or back-to-back appointments. I also like that if you were to make add-ons to your service, that the add-ons can also have their own time adjustment so you have enough time at your appointment to properly serve your clients

CONS

i don't like that i can just make a quick event and send it in an email like calendly, but to be honest, that's only important for zoom and phone appointments to gather details from a client. I've been able to manage without that feature because that feature isn't the most important to our business. but that's just a dislike i had since i'm required to provide a dislike

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

calendly couldn't capture credit card information to book an appointment. the client would have to pay but with some of our packages, they are dependent on the size of the home that we're photographing for the price of the home. so calendly couldn't just capture credit card information for a future payment—we would have to invoice the customer again with the remaining balance that they owed which would result in delayed payments. acuity allowed for us to book the appointment with a credit card on file. after the shoot we would send an updated invoice and autodraft the customer's account to get paid immediately.

Kacey

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Is it worth it?

Squarespace is a professional and user-friendly website-building platform that offers a range of features for creating and managing a website. The templates provided are modern and visually appealing, and the platform allows for a high degree of customization to meet the specific needs of each user.In addition to providing design and customization options, Squarespace also offers a variety of tools for managing a blog, online store, and booking system, making it a comprehensive solution for website management.The customer support team at Squarespace is responsive and helpful, able to assist with any questions or issues that may arise.Overall, Squarespace is an excellent choice for anyone creating a professional website with minimal technical expertise.

PROS

Easy to use: Squarespace has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for people with little to no technical skills to create a professional-looking website.Wide range of templates: Squarespace offers a wide range of templates that can be customized to fit your brand.Responsive design: Squarespace templates are designed to be responsive, meaning they automatically adjust to look good on any device, including smartphones and tablets.E-commerce capabilities: Squarespace offers built-in e-commerce capabilities, allowing you to easily sell products or services on your website.Good customer support: Squarespace provides 24/7 customer support through live chat, email, and phone.

CONS

Limited customization: While Squarespace templates are customizable to a certain extent, you may not have as much control over the design and layout of your website as you would with other platforms.Expensive: Squarespace plans can be more expensive than some other website builders, especially if you need to upgrade to a higher-tier plan to unlock certain features.Limited integrations: Squarespace has limited integrations with third-party tools and services, which may be a problem for some users.It's worth noting that Squarespace may not be the best choice for everyone. It's a good idea to carefully consider your needs and compare different website builders before making a decision.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

There are over 110+ responsive templates available to choose from, suitable for any purpose. All plans come with a free SSL certificate to ensure the security of your website. Unlimited storage and bandwidth allow for the smooth operation of your website, regardless of the volume of traffic or data usage. The eCommerce platform is robust and reliable, making it easy to sell products online. The platform as a whole is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Christopher

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Endless Frustration with Customer Support

PROS

The ability to sync my massage appointments (calendar events) with third party calendars (such as iCloud) is a fantastic feature that I've relied heavily upon for the past year and a half. I started using Acuity back in June of 2021 (560 days ago, to be specific.) Up until two weeks ago, I've been able to view all client history using my iCloud calendar for the past year and a half (a full 545 days.) I'm currently able to view event history for only the past 185 days. This is a problem because I can no longer view client history beyond a six-month period. It's gone; no longer visible on my iCloud calendar. I've spent a significant amount of time explaining the issue (in a very detailed manner) to three different tech support representatives. This ordeal has been significantly time-consuming which has resulted in the past two weeks of my life being extremely frustrating for me (and I'm sure for the tech support team as well.) The final conclusion is that Acuity does not offer the ability to view history beyond 200 days. Despite the fact that I am 100% certain that this was not the case until just two weeks ago, it's taken tech support this long to provide that response and nobody is admitting that this policy is brand new.

CONS

I used to have the ability to view history for 560 days and now all of a sudden, they've restricted it to only 200 days of history. I'm attempting to operate my business blind-folded. It feels like a bit of bait-and-switch and though the support team has been friendly, I almost feel gaslighted as they still claim that nothing has changed on their end and that the 200 limit has been in place this entire time which is simply not true.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Ease of use, mobile capabilities, and versatility.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

The confirmation and reminder emails sent from snapappointments.com were no longer being received by clients. This was a great system as a completely free product but when it came to reliability, it was clear that it was time to make a switch.

Luca