• Pros

• "We like the ease of use and the fact that the team is receptive to our input and constantly improving the product."

• "Ally is fantastic for managing sales teams. It helps people focus relentlessly on what matters. It’s the basis for all my team 121s and learning plans. "

• "%age tracking on task level and overall picture on where we are, is what I like the most."

• Cons

• "The pricing is on a higher side, it could have been lowered, as at this price, we might not be able to get it adopted for whole org."

• "The synchronisation loses connection with google sheets when cells change. Fixing the connections to prevent this would be great. "

• "The small "open full view" button isn't intuitive and can be confusing. I'd like to be able to simply click the whole objective to open in "full view.""

Browse Ally Reviews

Mariel from Roambee

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Managing OKRs through Ally

Ally supports our business strategy.

Pros

Seamless integrations and more are constantly becoming available.

Cons

Reports and dashboards are good. The mobile app is excellent.

Response from Ally.io

Replied March 2021

Hi Mariel, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you've found success with using Ally.io to support your business strategy! Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Siddharth from UrbanCompany

Best tool to track OKRs

Reasons for Choosing Ally

the UX and the view of ally was simpler yet offering better solution than most of it's competitor.

Reasons for Switching to Ally

Tracking on ally was way easier compared to sheets, on org level, team level and individual level

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Siddharth, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Ronald from Spark451

OKRs Are Goal Setting and Ally is the Organizer

The hardest part about OKRs is the leadership needs to be bought in and make it a priority. The second hardest thing is organizing the goals (i.e . quantifying, alignment, etc) and creating transparency. Ally does a near perfect job of the organizing part.

Pros

Cons

We would like them to build in an employee performance component based on the difficulty of the OKRs, and they are evaluating that idea.

Kris from CBM

Quick to get up to speed

It was useful to get everyone on the same page as far as the company's goals are concerned. We have done away with Excel spreadsheets we used to track all of this.

Pros

The UI is easy to grasp and intuitive for someone with some technical savvy.

Cons

Teaching everyone else in the company the nuances of the UI and the OKR workflow took some time.

Bruce from Zinier

Weird UI

We are supposed to be tracking our entire company OKRs with this tool. I find that I hate the UI so much and am so mystified by it that I start avoiding the weekly update OKR task

Pros

I like having a tool to manage the OKR process. I like the check-ins, teams, sub-teams, individual and team OKRs

Cons

Weird UI, I am constantly struggling with it. It needs to be significantly easier to setup and manage OKRs, users and team branches in the tool

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We'll pass along your input regarding the UI to our product team and work on improving this! Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Tarundeep from Refresco

A well developed product for OKR's

Pros

1. The ease of use 2. How the objectives are cascaded downwards to each individual and also how they tie up to the managers Goals - its seamless 3. The predictive score/percentages/graph also shows us the TO-BE value so that we stay on track

Cons

For my work and for what I use it for, I haven't come across any till now but sure there would be some scope for improvement

Taylor from Access Development

Ally overall has been great with just minor dislikes

Pros

The ease of use and setup of Ally has been great. Being able to connect to both Salesforce and Tableau has been one of the biggest benefits along with checking in through Slack. The customer service team is very responsive and helpful with questions and have been a pleasure to work with so far.

Cons

The software we were using had a better dashboard display to easily show the top company Objectives. This was beneficial for company meetings. Our CEO struggles with this part of Ally but it is really the only issue we have had.

Reasons for Switching to Ally

They were bought and not going to be using the same format.

Colm from ProService Hawaii

Provides Great Visibility into the Work that Matters

Pros

Provides great visibility into the work that matters. Before, we were using Google sheets to plan and track our strategic priorities, which made it difficult for the organization to know where we stood at any point in time. Now it is easy to see in real time how we are doing. Super easy to learn and use. If you can navigate a web site, you can easily use this product. That is important when we are inviting in additional users. We don't have a large support function within our company, so any users questions come to me. Fortunately, given the simplicity of the UI, that has been very manageable so far. Seamless integration with all of the systems we already use like Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Google Sheets, Hub Spot and many others. Connecting these systems to Ally requires no IT support and takes less than a minute. This means users can continue to do their work wherever they are most comfortable. Ally just brings it all together so there is one place where we can see how we are doing. Tremendous customer support. Every time an issue does come up, the company has been extremely quick to respond. I wish all my vendors were this easy to work with.

Cons

We have been using the product for about 2 months so far and don't have any major complaints. The product does not have every feature we would like, but the company seeks our input and is working aggressively to implement the ones that make sense, which is all you can ask for. They have already addressed two features we asked for, both of which were rolled out in less than two weeks from the time we asked for them.

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Colm, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Nicole from H&C Animal Health

Helping Accomplish My Goals

Pros

I honestly like how simple and easy it is to use and function! I have only used one other program for OKRs and it was complex but Ally makes their website simple and functional. It it easy to check-in and put if you are on track or behind and even add notes. I enjoy that you can add notes! I try to add a small goal that I will accomplish during the week and then in my next note say I accomplished this and this week I am working on finishing this project. I believe Ally keeps you motivated to stay on-top of your work because you have your weekly check-ins.

Cons

I don't like how what I thought was an objective Ally says that it is not aligned to any objectives but I thought it was an objective on its own and that I was allowed to have another objective on its own.

Reasons for Switching to Ally

Our company was not a fan of the other product and found Ally and realized that they fit our company much better.

Response from Ally.io

Replied August 2020

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you're finding Ally.io easy to use. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Dusty from Whetstone Education

Really intuitive and easy to use

Overall, it's a great way to develop personal accountability and to understand how to prioritize progression in OKRs. I've also really appreciated the small updates and the easy of navigation.

Pros

The aesthetics are nice and makes it more fun to use. I'm a big fan of the progress bars, which are motivational and easy to understand. I like that changing the targets are so easy, too. Big fan of the ease of navigating between company vs personal OKRs.

Cons

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Dusty, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. We'll make sure to pass along your feedback regarding the "full view" button. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Madeleine from Brilliant Noise

Ally for sales teams

Great customer service and helpful integration with other platforms.

Clarity & Feedback with Ally

Ally allowed me to document my work, keep my manager informed, and set me up for success when it came time for my OKR review. I was able to point to each OKR and discuss my process. I would never have been able to do this before.

Pros

I like the check-ins and the Slack integration. It makes it easier to do your record keeping.

Cons

Users have to rely on Administrators to set up the projects. I would prefer to create a project for my overall work to be aligned to, rather than individually listed. It doesn't connect the individual's OKRs with the team if the Admin doesn't set it up to do so.

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll pass along your suggestion regarding setting up projects. We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Great for what it is

Pros

Easy of updating my OKRs and Metrics. Navigating the software isn't very hard at all.

Cons

The Chat features that keeps popping up when working with Ally. Let it just be in the background and not give updates every time I log in. I should be able to update my teams OKRs for them and from what I can tell I can't do that.

Kateen from Rad Power Bikes

Easy

Great to have the software not be the blocker when implementing OKRs!

Pros

Getting rolling quick was the first thing we liked about this software. Intuitive infrastructure. Easy to add users, teams.

Cons

Reporting. Having a consolidated view of status on all company OKRs would be incredible! Some stakeholders don't want to have to log in and poke into each OKR to see details.

Cost & ease of implementation

Michael from S2G Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great, simple, and effective OKR goalsetting software

Ally has overall been a great platform that our organization uses weekly or sometimes even daily to track our goals, update our progress, and stay honest with trying to meet our personal or organizational aspirations.

Pros

The product is very simple to understand, setup, and implement. The website keeps the interface simple without the confusion that a lot of platforms bring. It also allows for users to easily create a "ladder-up" structure of OKRs so that people can create their own goals under larger team or organizational goals. It's very easy to update, view, and filter my OKRs or my team's OKRs.

Cons

The software can be quite slow sometimes, especially when multiple people are adding, editing, or updating OKRs at the same time. I wish there was also a faster way to bulk upload our team's quarterly OKRs as adding them one-by-one can be tedious and slow.

Nicolette from Avanti Restaurant Solutions

Ally is a great business resource

Pros

Ally has brought our entire company together allowing us to be focused on and transparent about our goals and the progress we are making toward them.

Cons

More flexibility on the way you can view company/ team/ and individual goals is needed for our company.

Brian from Kjaer Weis

Easy-to-use tool for integrating OKR's

Thus far, very positive first 2 months with it.

Pros

The tool's UX is very friendly and easy to navigate. Has enough 'robustness' to get the job done across multiple users, but isn't too detailed to get lost in it.

Cons

Overall, great tool. Some of the User vs. Team roles and assignments are a bit tricky, but rather minor point.

Ease of use and UX.

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Brian, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Nick from Awardco

Easy to use OKR tracker

Pros

I love the visibility. We have it structured so you can see the OKRs of anyone in the company. You can see where people are focused and find ideas for bettering your own OKRs.

Cons

I wish it did... more. It seems like you could combine an OKR software with other task tracking softwares pretty easily.

Sankar Ganesh from Freshworks

Useful Tool

Pros

A best tool that I know to define your objectives and track progress

Cons

Probably it can help optimise the organisation hierarchy and help us notify and provide recommendation when OKRs are created. That way it's easy to collaborate and create our own OKRs based on the organisation hierarchy levels

Easy to use & well-integrated with Slack

Pros

The dashboard vision is pretty clear and you can see where you stand on the progress of your objectives. The OKR framework is really integrated and you have ton of features and integration with Slack. The Slack bot is very useful to keep track and make sure you are updated.

Cons

The delegation to fill up some OKR for other is not so user-friendly and you can be stuck when you want to update the objective for someone else.

Response from Ally.io

Replied August 2020

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll make sure to pass on your input regarding updating objectives to our product team. We're so glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Todd from HealthCare.com, Inc

Great Product and Support Team

Our team is excited to final have clear OKR's by teams that are all focused on meeting the company's main objectives each quarter

Pros

Easy to use and understand and lots of great features

Cons

We initially had some issues with aligning OKR's, but the support team quickly customized a solution that met our needs

Reasons for Choosing Ally

We liked and trusted the team at Ally

Response from Ally.io

Replied August 2020

Hi Todd, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you're finding Ally.io easy to use. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Manuel from GiG

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

good tool

so far so good

Pros

The possibility for the entire company to share okrs

Cons

don't know yet. I can say I should keep on using it.

Response from Ally.io

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io useful. Our team is always here to help and answer any questions you may have about Ally.io and OKRs. Feel free to reach out at any time if there's anything you need.

Stephanie from Airspace

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Extremely User Friendly & Intuitive

We are keeping track of the company objectives each quarter. It's nice to keep track of your personal objectives as well as your teammates progress.

Pros

This software has a great UI. It is sleek and also user-friendly. I am never looking around the page wondering what to click next.

Cons

I do not like when the chat bot comes up in the bottom right and wish there was a way to permanently dismiss it.

Dianne from ServiceTitan

Ally - Great Service

Ally are a pleasure to deal with.

Pros

The software is easy to implement and use. The Ally team provide exceptional customer service. They have a positive and appreciative approach regarding feedback and ideas for additional functionality.

Cons

We initially had some functionality gaps required for our business. These have since been addressed.

ease of use, cost

Karine from ServiceTitan

good software

Pros

integrations with the other softwares (Jira, Asana,etc.)

Cons

User Interface and User Experience could have been better

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Karine, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll pass along your input regarding the UI and UX to our product team. We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Jonathan from Splice Machine

Easy to use OKR portal!

Pros

The navigation of OKRs is made super easy using Ally

Cons

None that I can think of, as we use it without integrating to other apps, i.e., Jira

Response from Ally.io

Replied July 2020

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

paritosh from smokescreen

Pros

comments on OKRs and chekins OKR cascading

Cons

need to login every time as computer is not remembered and session timeouts are very short