What are Ally users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ally software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ease of use and setup of Ally has been great. Being able to connect to both Salesforce and Tableau has been one of the biggest benefits along with checking in through Slack."
  • icon"Seamless integration with all of the systems we already use like Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Google Sheets, Hub Spot and many others."
  • icon"We like the ease of use and the fact that the team is receptive to our input and constantly improving the product."
  • icon"The delegation to fill up some OKR for other is not so user-friendly and you can be stuck when you want to update the objective for someone else."
  • icon"Weird UI, I am constantly struggling with it. It needs to be significantly easier to setup and manage OKRs, users and team branches in the tool."
  • icon"The pricing is on a higher side, it could have been lowered, as at this price, we might not be able to get it adopted for whole org."

Browse all Ally Reviews

• Have you used Ally and would like to share your experience with others?

Mariel

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Managing OKRs through Ally

Ally supports our business strategy.

Pros

Seamless integrations and more are constantly becoming available.

Cons

Reports and dashboards are good. The mobile app is excellent.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Mariel, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you've found success with using Ally.io to support your business strategy! Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Replied March 2021

Siddharth

Best tool to track OKRs

Pros

%age tracking on task level and overall picture on where we are, is what I like the most.

Reasons for choosing Ally

the UX and the view of ally was simpler yet offering better solution than most of it's competitor.

Reasons for switching to Ally

Tracking on ally was way easier compared to sheets, on org level, team level and individual level

Response from Ally.io

Hi Siddharth, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Simone

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Very good OKR Software

Pros

Easy to understand and easy to use. Gives great overviews and transparency.

Cons

Would be nice to have reminders for set deadlines on task level

Bruce

Weird UI

We are supposed to be tracking our entire company OKRs with this tool. I find that I hate the UI so much and am so mystified by it that I start avoiding the weekly update OKR task

Pros

I like having a tool to manage the OKR process. I like the check-ins, teams, sub-teams, individual and team OKRs

Cons

Response from Ally.io

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We'll pass along your input regarding the UI to our product team and work on improving this! Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Taylor

Ally overall has been great with just minor dislikes

Pros

The ease of use and setup of Ally has been great. Being able to connect to both Salesforce and Tableau has been one of the biggest benefits along with checking in through Slack. The customer service team is very responsive and helpful with questions and have been a pleasure to work with so far.

Cons

The software we were using had a better dashboard display to easily show the top company Objectives. This was beneficial for company meetings. Our CEO struggles with this part of Ally but it is really the only issue we have had.

Reasons for switching to Ally

They were bought and not going to be using the same format.

Prathyusha

Industry: Market Research

Review on using Ally

Pros

OKR's can help track the work done. We've been set goals that are to be achieved by an individual and as a team each quarter, that's a good feature to keep track of things.

Cons

There're no cons that I know of to mention as of now.

Colm

Provides Great Visibility into the Work that Matters

Pros

Provides great visibility into the work that matters. Before, we were using Google sheets to plan and track our strategic priorities, which made it difficult for the organization to know where we stood at any point in time. Now it is easy to see in real time how we are doing. Super easy to learn and use. If you can navigate a web site, you can easily use this product. That is important when we are inviting in additional users. We don't have a large support function within our company, so any users questions come to me. Fortunately, given the simplicity of the UI, that has been very manageable so far. Seamless integration with all of the systems we already use like Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Google Sheets, Hub Spot and many others. Connecting these systems to Ally requires no IT support and takes less than a minute. This means users can continue to do their work wherever they are most comfortable. Ally just brings it all together so there is one place where we can see how we are doing. Tremendous customer support. Every time an issue does come up, the company has been extremely quick to respond. I wish all my vendors were this easy to work with.

Cons

We have been using the product for about 2 months so far and don't have any major complaints. The product does not have every feature we would like, but the company seeks our input and is working aggressively to implement the ones that make sense, which is all you can ask for. They have already addressed two features we asked for, both of which were rolled out in less than two weeks from the time we asked for them.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Colm, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Ronald

OKRs Are Goal Setting and Ally is the Organizer

The hardest part about OKRs is the leadership needs to be bought in and make it a priority. The second hardest thing is organizing the goals (i.e . quantifying, alignment, etc) and creating transparency. Ally does a near perfect job of the organizing part.

Pros

Cons

We would like them to build in an employee performance component based on the difficulty of the OKRs, and they are evaluating that idea.

Nicole

Helping Accomplish My Goals

Pros

I honestly like how simple and easy it is to use and function! I have only used one other program for OKRs and it was complex but Ally makes their website simple and functional. It it easy to check-in and put if you are on track or behind and even add notes. I enjoy that you can add notes! I try to add a small goal that I will accomplish during the week and then in my next note say I accomplished this and this week I am working on finishing this project. I believe Ally keeps you motivated to stay on-top of your work because you have your weekly check-ins.

Cons

I don't like how what I thought was an objective Ally says that it is not aligned to any objectives but I thought it was an objective on its own and that I was allowed to have another objective on its own.

Reasons for switching to Ally

Our company was not a fan of the other product and found Ally and realized that they fit our company much better.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you're finding Ally.io easy to use. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

My Ally Review

Pros

Easy and safe to use. It’s always updating its software, making it safe to use

Cons

I don’t have any problems with Ally. They have great customer service

Eva

amazing

all good.

Pros

The interface of the tool is pretty simple and it is easy to get used to it. Adding tasks below the objectives and addressing those tasks to anyone you want and changing them easily impressed me a lot. Also there is one option that cant be find in any other tools - which is auto update of okr goals through excel documents. Schematic view, feedback system are pretty impressive. I highly recommend this tool to those who focus on OKR goal systems. The technical team is very responsive and friendly

Cons

everything is very professional with this tool

Dusty

Really intuitive and easy to use

Overall, it's a great way to develop personal accountability and to understand how to prioritize progression in OKRs. I've also really appreciated the small updates and the easy of navigation.

Pros

The aesthetics are nice and makes it more fun to use. I'm a big fan of the progress bars, which are motivational and easy to understand. I like that changing the targets are so easy, too. Big fan of the ease of navigating between company vs personal OKRs.

Cons

The small "open full view" button isn't intuitive and can be confusing. I'd like to be able to simply click the whole objective to open in "full view."

Response from Ally.io

Hi Dusty, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. We'll make sure to pass along your feedback regarding the "full view" button. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Clarity & Feedback with Ally

Ally allowed me to document my work, keep my manager informed, and set me up for success when it came time for my OKR review. I was able to point to each OKR and discuss my process. I would never have been able to do this before.

Pros

I like the check-ins and the Slack integration. It makes it easier to do your record keeping.

Cons

Users have to rely on Administrators to set up the projects. I would prefer to create a project for my overall work to be aligned to, rather than individually listed. It doesn't connect the individual's OKRs with the team if the Admin doesn't set it up to do so.

Response from Ally.io

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll pass along your suggestion regarding setting up projects. We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Kateen

Easy

Great to have the software not be the blocker when implementing OKRs!

Pros

Getting rolling quick was the first thing we liked about this software. Intuitive infrastructure. Easy to add users, teams.

Cons

Reporting. Having a consolidated view of status on all company OKRs would be incredible! Some stakeholders don't want to have to log in and poke into each OKR to see details.

Cost & ease of implementation

Madeleine

Ally for sales teams

Great customer service and helpful integration with other platforms.

Pros

Ally is fantastic for managing sales teams. It helps people focus relentlessly on what matters. It’s the basis for all my team 121s and learning plans.

Cons

The synchronisation loses connection with google sheets when cells change. Fixing the connections to prevent this would be great.

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great, simple, and effective OKR goalsetting software

Ally has overall been a great platform that our organization uses weekly or sometimes even daily to track our goals, update our progress, and stay honest with trying to meet our personal or organizational aspirations.

Pros

The product is very simple to understand, setup, and implement. The website keeps the interface simple without the confusion that a lot of platforms bring. It also allows for users to easily create a "ladder-up" structure of OKRs so that people can create their own goals under larger team or organizational goals. It's very easy to update, view, and filter my OKRs or my team's OKRs.

Cons

The software can be quite slow sometimes, especially when multiple people are adding, editing, or updating OKRs at the same time. I wish there was also a faster way to bulk upload our team's quarterly OKRs as adding them one-by-one can be tedious and slow.

Nicolette

Ally is a great business resource

Pros

Ally has brought our entire company together allowing us to be focused on and transparent about our goals and the progress we are making toward them.

Cons

More flexibility on the way you can view company/ team/ and individual goals is needed for our company.

Brian

Easy-to-use tool for integrating OKR's

Thus far, very positive first 2 months with it.

Pros

The tool's UX is very friendly and easy to navigate. Has enough 'robustness' to get the job done across multiple users, but isn't too detailed to get lost in it.

Cons

Overall, great tool. Some of the User vs. Team roles and assignments are a bit tricky, but rather minor point.

15Five and Weekdone

Ease of use and UX.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Brian, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Manuel

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

good tool

so far so good

Pros

The possibility for the entire company to share okrs

Cons

don't know yet. I can say I should keep on using it.

Response from Ally.io

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io useful. Our team is always here to help and answer any questions you may have about Ally.io and OKRs. Feel free to reach out at any time if there's anything you need.

Replied June 2020

Nick

Easy to use OKR tracker

Pros

I love the visibility. We have it structured so you can see the OKRs of anyone in the company. You can see where people are focused and find ideas for bettering your own OKRs.

Cons

I wish it did... more. It seems like you could combine an OKR software with other task tracking softwares pretty easily.

Kris

Quick to get up to speed

It was useful to get everyone on the same page as far as the company's goals are concerned. We have done away with Excel spreadsheets we used to track all of this.

Pros

The UI is easy to grasp and intuitive for someone with some technical savvy.

Cons

Teaching everyone else in the company the nuances of the UI and the OKR workflow took some time.

Sankar Ganesh

Useful Tool

Pros

A best tool that I know to define your objectives and track progress

Cons

Probably it can help optimise the organisation hierarchy and help us notify and provide recommendation when OKRs are created. That way it's easy to collaborate and create our own OKRs based on the organisation hierarchy levels

Great for what it is

Pros

Easy of updating my OKRs and Metrics. Navigating the software isn't very hard at all.

Cons

The Chat features that keeps popping up when working with Ally. Let it just be in the background and not give updates every time I log in. I should be able to update my teams OKRs for them and from what I can tell I can't do that.

Easy to use & well-integrated with Slack

Pros

The dashboard vision is pretty clear and you can see where you stand on the progress of your objectives. The OKR framework is really integrated and you have ton of features and integration with Slack. The Slack bot is very useful to keep track and make sure you are updated.

Cons

Response from Ally.io

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll make sure to pass on your input regarding updating objectives to our product team. We're so glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Todd

Great Product and Support Team

Our team is excited to final have clear OKR's by teams that are all focused on meeting the company's main objectives each quarter

Pros

Easy to use and understand and lots of great features

Cons

We initially had some issues with aligning OKR's, but the support team quickly customized a solution that met our needs

Reasons for choosing Ally

We liked and trusted the team at Ally

Response from Ally.io

Hi Todd, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you're finding Ally.io easy to use. Thanks again, Marilyn at Ally.io

Ally