ApplicantPRO

ApplicantPRO Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The system is very good for tracking applicants and integrates with hiring documents and background checks so overall, there's a smooth flow through the process."
  • icon"The customer support is great. Solutions that we propose are often implemented very quickly."
  • icon"The most I like about this software is that is has a very user friendly interface."
  • icon"It can get a little confusing when the same applicant applies for many different openings."
  • icon"Reports-seems to be confusing to get accurate reports."
  • icon"I believe the current functionality is limited to vendor restrictions, which may be hindering advancements in the platform."

All ApplicantPRO Reviews

Angela

Industry: Computer Networking

great support

It saves time by being able to post to multiple job boards at once. I feel the variety in job boards is useful for increasing the pool of qualified applicants. I also liked the job ad rewriting service. It helped us improve our job ads to get better responses.

Pros

I picked this solution because of the integration with Bamboo HR and that it made it easy to post to a variety of job boards. The selection of job boards is nice and varied. Their customer support is excellent. The reps have been very helpful & timely in their responses.

Cons

Some of the features seem a bit hidden. We don't hire every week, so I often find locating the button to the integration to bamboo is a bit tricky.

more job boards

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

We were using the built in BambooHR features. It didn't post to as many job boards.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software, Angela! We love to hear that you and your team find the integration with BambooHR and being able to post your ads to multiple job boards with just one click beneficial. We agree that our Job AD and Support Teams are great and are happy to hear that you have had positive interactions with them. We appreciate your feedback on the integration tab and will pass this onto our product team. If there is anything we can do to help your team improve your hiring process you can reach out to us by emailing our support team at support@applicantpro.com, chat, and calling 888.633.9269. As always, thanks for choosing ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied October 2020

Debbie

Effortless Recruiting

The biggest benefit is low cost, high tech recruiting. We remain competitive and tech savvy with our competition.

Pros

technical capabilities and ease of use.

Cons

Metrics hard to understand could be simpler

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

Better product for less money.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

They stopped offering the web product that was affordable for a smaller company. The offer of a higher priced product that did not meet our needs made us look for a replacement.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you, Debbie, for your review of our software. It is exciting to hear that your company is able to stay competitive with your competition! We would love to hear what report you are working with so that we can help you understand the metrics. You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied January 2020

Amy

November 2022

ApplicantPro WOrks

very user friendly customer support and recommendations are great

Pros

Its easy to use and dashboard and has all the features on the front page which makes it very user friendly

Cons

sometimes there is a delay and bogs the system down but it is not a deal breaker in this breaker in this day and age

Scott

Past ApplicantPRO user

We feel that it could be an extremely useful tool if the bugs were worked out of it. You get a very large hiring pool but a lot of it is not the pool we were looking for.

Pros

The software was very inclusive of a lot of regions to ensure that you are filling in the most amount of information to cover all aspects of the job search and posting that you are doing. It is a well thought out application.

Cons

Even when we set the parameters for a certain type of candidate that we were looking for(specific trade skills, years experience etc), we would get a lot of candidates that did not come close to fitting exactly what we were looking for. It was exhausting and very time consuming having to spend some much time weeding out the people that did not fit what we were looking for. We also reached out to a lot that never got back to us after supposedly showing interest.

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

It was a little less expensive at the time and we were trying to save some money as a smaller business

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

The other sites were not giving us any qualified or quality candidates.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Scott! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the quality of applicants you were looking for. We do have features that will help with this process and would love to discuss them with you. I would love to have someone reach out to you to go over the new features and improvements. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you all the best with your hiring endeavors. Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied November 2019

Mikella

August 2022

A catch all program that can drastically increase your number of applicants!

Overall we have no plans to switch from ApplicantPRO as it is a multifunctional software that allows us to track applicants. More importantly, it allows us to capture the largest amount of applicants we can. We are ALWAYS hiring to develop our large crews of 100+ people, so it's extremely helpful to be able to post and manage so many job ads at one time. Everything is clear and concise on the dashboard, just wish you could customize more!

Pros

The software works well at working behind the scenes to conglomerate all of the application postings into one dashboard. This feature alone makes the price worth it as you'll save so much time! It makes it easy to view all of the information about an applicant as well. As an admin, they make it easy to archive and access past applicants to better your own staff/crews for the future.

Cons

The grey blue black color palette is a little modular for my taste - but overall it works well for the format of the page. I wish you could customize the dashboard more to exhibit features we use more than others (remove drop downs and add buttons instead?).

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

It simply can reach the largest number of applicants to our knowledge.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

Needed a better software with more features that align with our needs!

Kathleen

Industry: Furniture

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been wonderful! She is very knowledgable and is very easy to work

Excellent and I would definitely recommend it others

Pros

Very user friendly. Everyone I have talked to is very easy to work with and is very helpful

Cons

I really don't have any complaints, it is very easy to work with

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Kathleen! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed working with our team - we think they're pretty great, as well! If there is anything that we can help you with or any questions that we can answer, please let us know via phone or email. We're always happy to hear from you. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro to help you hire better!

Replied June 2021

Abbey

Best ATS I have used

ApplicantPro has been amazing to work with. If I ever have questions or any of the other admins have questions, ApplicantPro typically gets back to me within 24 hours and most of the time it is much sooner. They are very good about scheduling times to talk on the phone and discuss how things are going and answer any questions that I may have. The customer support is phenomenal. We had some road bumps in the beginning when first using this software and ApplicantPro made sure to help us in every way possible and make it as easy as they could. They explained everything clearly and made it extremely easy for us to transition into using this software. I can not say enough good things about ApplicantPro.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how user friendly it is. When I first started with my current company they were not using ATS. I had done research on the software during my internship and when I came to this company I knew that it would be the perfect choice. The integration features for HireForms and ISolved are great. That has really helped our HR department out a ton. Overall, the features that this software offers are amazing and ApplicantPro makes it so easy to use and learn.

Cons

There is nothing huge that I do not like about this software. The one thing that I would change if I could would be the way to search an applicant. You have to click "Search Applicant" and then pick what way you would like to search that applicant and then it will take you to a new tab. I would love if I could just start typing a name in that box and click on the applicant I need.

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

There were no other products that were considered. I had done research on many different ATS software at my internship so when I came to my current company I already knew what the best option would be.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

We were not using all the features of Hireology and we did not feel that they were helping us use the features. We are not getting our money worth with them.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Abbey! Thank you so much for reviewing our software. We are happy to hear that we have been able to take your team to the next level in the hiring process by providing you with a way to track your applicants from the beginning and then use the integrations to onboard them all in the same system. We are also happy to hear that our Support Team has been very helpful in providing your team with the support your team needs! Thank you for your feedback regarding the "Search Applicant' feature. I will definitely pass it along as a possible future consideration. If there is anything we can do to help your team, please let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro! - Mindi Manager of Support

Zach

ApplicantPro - One of My Favorite Teammates

This system has changed the way GreenStar runs. Our capacity for growth and change/to evolve quickly to better serve our applicants, new and old, has expanded greatly. I have had so much fun in my role as a recruiter and thanks to ApplicantPro I have been able to expand and grow as an individual and flesh out a career path that excites me.

Pros

The ways in which it allows me and my coworkers to quickly and effectively communicate with each other about applicants and who is a good fit where. I really appreciate being able to upload documents and consolidate an applicants information into one place. The software is also incredibly intuitive and responsive to change - it feels as though it is learning from my experience and what areas could be smoother (good work software team!)

Cons

Sometimes I need to opt in to information that I wish was opt out (such as including reference notes). But as I learn the system and where/when I need to click something, it all flows smoothly. Also, application questions/answers don't transfer when I copy an application to another job, I wish they would travel together!

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

Hire by Google wasn't where we needed it to be software wise and our new HR Director had used ApplicantPro in the past and really appreciated/enjoyed it.

Response from ApplicantPRO

HI, Zach! Thank for taking the time to review our system. It is exciting to hear that our system has had a big impact on your role as a recruiter and has helped you grow! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will pass along your feedback regarding the questions following an applicant when copying to a new job. If there is anything your team needs to help get them to the next level, please let us know. Thanks for using ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Elliot

I LOVE ApplicantPRO

I have really appreciated the support I've had with ApplicantPRO I've met with Caleb and McKenzie to make sure I was making the best use of the product as well as had other invites and options to demo other aspects of the program. The people at ApplicantPRO really make it a great product.

Pros

The best part of this software is how it does such a great job at combining all aspects of my hiring process. They start by pushing my job listings across multiple job boards and then aggregate all of my applications in one place. I use the same software to communicate with all applicants and then to set appointments. They coordinate everything right into hiring. My favorite part overall is how streamlined it makes my interview scheduling. It syncs with my calendar and allows my candidates to choose a time I am available and that works for them. I've got no more "back and forth" between candidates trying to find times that work for both of us. This feature alone is worth 10x what I pay for the ApplicantPRO service.

Cons

The CONS of this software are also it's greatest strengths. As a true Software as a Service there have been some things that haven't worked exactly as I expected or preferred, BUT they are amazing and open to feedback and adjusting their software for a better user experience. Even as a relatively new user I've seen changes and updates to make my experience better.

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

I had reviewed other systems but after demoing ApplicantPRO I knew that this was by far the best option for my hiring needs.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

This system does not have the same functionality that I got with ApplicantPRO

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Elliot! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software! Happy to hear that we can help streamline your hiring process from start to finish. It is feedback from clients like yourself that we are able to make adjustments that will improve the usability of a product for yourself and others. If there's anything we can do for your team, please let us know. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro! -Mindi Manager of Support

Dusty

July 2022

Great ATS

I wish every company I worked with was as great as ApplicantPro! The systems is very user friendly.

Pros

This ATS is every easy to use and the features are all included in the price. Other ATS you are charge per feature, but with ApplicantPro you have a price that includes everything.

Cons

The only minor issue is the tags that you are used for our assessment do not always show.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

The system was not user friendly and the cost was per feature.

Gabriel

Easy Applicant Tracking

Pros

ApplicantPro is extremely easy to use. Creating a job posting takes no time. The software gives you the ability to create templates that you can use over and over again. It also gives you the ability to create screening questions which you can setup so that if the applicant provides a certain answer they will be labeled as "disqualified" and put them on a different group. The software also allows you to create different type of users which depending on the level you assign them, they will have the ability to just view applicants all the way to create job postings. You also have the ability to text or email applicants during the application process and the system also has templates for you to use such as invitation for interviews or communication about not being selected. The software also gives you the ability to buy the option to use a variety of tests that can be given to your applicants to further help in the process of finding the ideal candidate. Overall, the software has a lot of perks that help the application process.

Cons

The only item that I struggle with is the ability to include numerous disclaimers that need to be approved/agreed by the applicant such as background, credit checks, etc.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Gabriel! Thank you for taking the time to review our product! We value your feedback. We are happy to hear that we are able to make your hiring easier. We are always looking for more ways to streamline your process. We would love to discuss your concerns. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of. Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Lead Hiring Consultant

Replied October 2018

Jerry

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Non-profit has Success Relying on ApplicantPro for 90% of Recruiting

The experience, daily, is stress-free. As a client, you not only have the tools at your fingertips (easy to use, local, with minimal training needed), but you are always aware that you have the power and knowledge of the ApplicantPro team behind everything you do. You never feel like you are out in the cold - that they have sold you something and walked away. There are there every minute of the day to guide you if you need it. They are so good at what they do that you rarely need to take advantage of their support - but when you do, they are there for you, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. You never feel dumb by the questions you ask or the needs you have - they are kind and patient and easily navigate you through whatever issue there is. Rarely is there any issue.

Pros

I started out as a user of ApplicantPro, working under the direction of our staff who was the Administrator. He was able to train me quickly. What he didn't teach me, I was figured out on my own because the software is well organized and logical. ApplicantPro provides everything a Recruitment or HR department would ever want. It is easily customized for very specific needs. We like ApplicantPro's distribution network for the ads that we post. The applicants are easily tracked throughout the hiring process. In addition to all of the pluses, I have to say the ApplicantPro staff is their biggest asset! They are personable and professional, and exceedingly patient. They answer questions clearly and concisely, and in a timely manner. It is not unusual for me to email a question and for them to provide a link in a reply email to a video of them answering my question. Very cool and helpful. I recommend ApplicantPro without enthusiastically and without any reservations.

Cons

Probably any issue that I like least would be like holding up a mirror to myself :-) Meaning, if there is an issue, it would be something I did or didn't do, which happens extremely rarely. For example, ApplicantPro has a service - a department - whereas their professional ad writers and marketing people will create an ad for a company. They offer one free ad so a client can see how well the ad performs, and learn from their expertise. I am reluctant to use this service fully because I am a professional writer and marketing person, and I will do things my way. The free ad content and design that they provided always out performs the ones I create and post. Mine are very good - but theirs are that much better. They will tell me how to improve on mine, but I am pretty stubborn. Either way, it's win-win, since we have the success we need every time.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Jerry! Thank you so much for your kind review of our Hiring Methodology. We are so happy to hear that you find the system easy to use and that you have had such a great experience with our ApplicantPro Team. We really enjoy helping clients like yourself optimize your hiring process. We look forward to continuing our professional relationship with you and your team. If there is anything we can do for your team to make your hiring process easier, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied August 2020

Rick

Excellent ATS/Customer Support

Very pleased with system functionality, candidate pipelines, and customer support.

Pros

The product is affordable, yet offers the features and functionality of the bigger name ATS companies. Applicant Pro was designed with the user in mind - the Recruiter. The platform and network of job boards offers little to be desired for the average recruiter. Applicant pro can be optimized to post to your typical posting sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Indeed, and also has the functionality to post to other niche job boards that you select or optimize. The system is rich with standardized templates that offer ease of use and convenience when creating new job postings, reports, candidate communications (text or email), or interacting with hiring managers. Applicant Pro has provided excellent customer service and support. The success manager and client representatives are awesome! The team is upbeat, attentive to our Company's needs, and always willing to offer solutions and think outside of the box. It's nice receiving Business Partner support from all levels, but yet have dedicated Success Managers that can offer guidance on system optimization.

Cons

Applicant Pro would benefit from offering job posting "refresh" capability with vendors like Indeed. I believe the current functionality is limited to vendor restrictions, which may be hindering advancements in the platform. I believe solutions may be in the pipeline, but just reduces the additional posting steps and improves reporting compliance.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your awesome review of our software, Rick! We always love to hear when our clients are able to optimize their hiring process by posting to multiple job boards. We are also happy to hear that you have received such great customer service! I am happy to pass along your feedback regarding refreshing listings on the job boards to our Product Team as we are always looking for new ways to improve our system. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied December 2019

Karl

Industry: Photography

Flat rate pricing make this a perfect fit for small businesses

I'm very happy with my experience. Hiring and getting employment paperwork completed has never been easier.

Pros

Easily post ads to 100 job boards. No need to post a job in multiple locations and have applications coming in from different sources. Analytics help me understand which sources are working best at finding new employees. With the screening process, I save time not having to weed out unqualified applicants and can spend more time connecting with only the people who match my needs. Flat rate pricing means as my company grows, I don't get charged more per user. This is the only company I have found that offers this pricing model. Combine a pricing structure that doesn't break the bank with an amazing team that answers all my user questions and it's a winning combination in my book. Customer service is outstanding. Have a question? ApplicantPro makes it easy to meet with the right person on their team. An easy to use online scheduling system makes it easy to block off the right amount of time you need to learn how to use the software.

Cons

I would like to see features added that make it easy to schedule pre-boarding and onboarding emails and tutorials for new hires. Once a new hire has accepted a job offer, being able to automate and structure a timeline to send emails with micro-learning articles would be great

Reasons for choosing ApplicantPRO

Pricing, good introductory meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Ability to have background checks integrated for the same price we were having them manually run. All job boards filtered into one account, so I didn't have to login in to multiple sources.

Reasons for switching to ApplicantPRO

Indeed was pay per click and too expensive for the results. Did not like the @indeed emails, because it was hard to communicate with a candidate outside of their system. We experienced a significant amount of applicants who were not qualified, but still drove our monthly hiring expenses up because of the PPC.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you, Karl for your review of our software. We appreciate your feedback and love to hear the things you enjoy about it like, posting to multiple job boards with one push, analytics for reporting sources, our pricing structure and more! We appreciate your comments about adding more features to our Onboarding Platform. I am happy to pass them along to our Product Team as future feature consideration.If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro! Mindi, Manager of Support

Replied December 2019