• Pros

• "Relatively easy to use. No extra bells and whistles that we don't need. The price is GREAT."

• "Very easy to use and understand the soft wear, and likes how things are running with the program. I would recommend this to others. "

• "It is very user friendly and easy to navigate, I love the texting feature. "

• Cons

• "Until you get use to the layout, navigating can be cumbersome. Once you get familar it is pretty easy to use."

• "User interface is a little outdated, but workable. "

• "There are some tweaks that I'd like to see be made, but they do not affect the overall quality. There are times that the site goes down and we have to wait until it is fixed."

Browse ApplicantStack Reviews

Meagan from SGS Petroleum Service Corporation

Industry: Chemicals

Very user friendly! I've worked in several different ATS and this has been the easiest one yet!

Pros

It's very easy to use and is step-by-step throughout the entire process. Their customer service is very helpful and accommodates most all requests we have asked for. I love the email templates with mail merge features, the flags we are able to customize, and that you can trigger automatic emails throughout the stages.

Cons

I wish it was easier to add pictures, embed videos, links, etc. It's also not user friendly on the reporting side. I'd like to be able to have more functionality to pull different reports. For example, I would like to have a report for jobs that we are still currently recruiting for (still actively trying to find a candidate). I don't necessarily want to see all "open" jobs because in ApplicantStack, they remain open until the job is "closed/filled". I do not want to see jobs that have a candidate that has already accepted an offer and is in the background or pending start stage. Unfortunately for now, it's a manual process of my recruiters reviewing over their "active recruiting" jobs and sending me weekly update reports by email. We are also still working out the ability to integrate with ADP (our HRIS system).

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Meagan! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously. Also, I would suggest contacting support on how you can add pictures, embed videos, and add links using our formatting tools. Changing your filters to show inactive jobs might also help with your concern about seeing open vs. closed jobs.

Julie from Utah Community Action

My review

we used to use Applicant Pro and it was so much more user friendly. We switched because Applicant Stack would incorporate with ADP, but we have NEVER been able to get it to bring over the information we need.

Pros

I like how it can send the applicant the on-boarding paperwork and everything is completed on line. I like the texting feature

Cons

It only posts our job postings to 5 sites. this is not enough It takes forever to download the on-boarding paperwork (usually around 20 minutes)

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

more extensive and does more things than the onboarding piece of ADP

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Julie! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. We have many job boards built into ApplicantStack. Perhaps some of them are not activated. Also, we are continually adding more job boards as requested. Please let us know which ones you are interested in. I also want to point out the manual posting links, so you are not limited to our integrated job boards. The possibilities are endless! Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing.

Bang for Buck

In general, the software fits in the "Best Bang for your Buck" category. It allows your company to maintain most compliance aspects, stay organized, and operate competitively with larger organizations with minimal costs. The monthly operating costs are insanely cheap compared to the absurdly expensive options like Taleo, SilkRoad, iCIMS, ADP ATS, etc. You get 90% functionality for 10% of the cost, it literally is that big of a difference in cost. Some options like Taleo, I would even say ApplicantStack offers features that are better, evening out the playing field. My HR department cut our ATS annual costs at one company from $26,000 to $3000. Some smaller to mid-sized companies that are using expensive options like Taleo simply because they don't know any better and it has been in the HR industry for so long should seriously consider migrating to save costs and actually provide a better product. Yes, migration hurts and is a pain, but this is a longterm investment to reduce overhead. For startups, this is a no-brainer.

Pros

As an applicant tracking and onboarding software, it does its job relatively glitch free. For the price, you can maintain most major aspects of compliance without spending an arm and a leg for each additional user. This is great for a smaller company. In many ways, it is even better than some of the competition that many larger companies are using because of the "name" attached, such as ADP, Taleo, etc. It is easy to use and mobile optimized from the start, something some of the big names can't say. Most of the navigation features are intuitive.

Cons

Integration with other software, such as ADP payroll, Deltek, etc., is lacking or non-existant. As your company grows in size, you start to see its limitations because they don't cater to larger companies. Also, one of the ways that Applicantstack cuts overhead costs and keeps cost low to the customer is by limiting features. There are some customization features that competitors offer that are just flat out impossible to do in this suite. There are also some quirks in how the software operates that can be frustrating.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We do offer an integration with many other products such as ADP. Our development team is also continually adding new integrations. I do want to point out that we also offer an open API for use with any integration. If you are looking for something specific, I would suggest you reach out to our support team. If we don't currently have it then we submit to our development team. We really do listen to our customers! Similarly, if you are looking for a particular feature, let us know! We are here to help!

JEAN-MARC from Home Instead Senior Care

Review of ApplantStack

In talking with my HR department, their overall impression with ApplicantStack was very positive. We do not plan on switching any time soon and will continue using AS in the near future.

Pros

This is one and only platform for recruiting and hiring caregivers. This software allows us to recruit in other internet hiring databases.

Cons

Applicant stack allows our HR department to leverage their ability to recruit and hire caregivers by using all the resources of the web. We receive most if not all of our caregiver applicants through ApplicantStack and rely on it heavily for this purpose.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

This product was also recommended by our Franchisor for use in our business.

Leisa from Point Broadband

Everything a Recruiter Needs in One Place

Applicant tracking and compliance is the number one reason we use ApplicantStack. It is easy to use, and can support multiple users with somewhat cost effective pricing structure. Integration with job boards is a definite plus which saves time and money.

Pros

Easy to use, historical data storage helps companies maintain compliance. Candidate experience is not cumbersome. Customer service is above average with good response times. Cost effective.

Cons

Training could be improved during implementation with more "hands-on" vs. recorded videos. Once software is up and running, training should be expanded and possibly formatted in stages in addition to the helpful snapshots currently provided.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Easy to use, easy to train less experienced recruiters. More cost effective that other products.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied December 2019

Thank you Leisa! We do offer weekly webinars. I will let the team know about your comments.

Wanda from Destiny Enterprises Network Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Awesome Recruitment and Onboarding Software

My Experience with ApplicantStack has been great.

Pros

I have been using this software for over 2 years. I have been in the Staffing Industry for 35 years and this is one of the best software I have used. It is easy to navigate It has the recruiting and On boarding piece that integrates with each other and you can add your own forms or used their customized forms. It even has a module for you to do your payroll. The support has been excellent and the price is very reasonable. I would highly recommend this product especially for Staffing Agencies.

Cons

There is really nothing I would change. The changes that I did have as been made.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Nikita from Hughes Pittman & Gupton, LLP

Happy!

Pros

Cons

I would like to see the posting location options continue to evolve and develop. I appreciate the changes/updates that have come recently in the area.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Nikita! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to add as many location options as you need. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Been a great experience!

Pros

I was looking for an ATS that would fully integrate with many of the major job boards and ApplicantStack nailed it! I can full manage all my campaigns with Indeed, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn Jobs all in one site, sponsor jobs from my site as needed, and even bring on my partnering hiring managers from my client companies to collaborate on the hiring process. Sending emails right from my system was a top requirement of mine when shopping for an ATS and again...ApplicantStack nailed it with the ability to write my own custom message as well as creating a library of templates to use for standard communications. Great product!

Cons

The only "gripe" I would say is that the graphic user interface (GUI) of the system is not as robust as many other systems. It took a good deal of time to get used to navigating the system but all that was still quite minor.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback. I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Angie from Fast Water Heater

Good Value for the Money

This was a good solution to our Applicant Tracking/database need. We have managed to cut our paper On-Boarding down by 98%. We love our Sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! I would recommend this product to small to medium sized companies that are looking for an ATS and are budget conscious.

Pros

The Ability to use email templates, custom Questionnaires, automated on-boarding forms, the support I get from my Sales Rep, and the price.

Cons

There is limited On-line support materials. The User Documentation is very limited. I had to make multiple calls to my Sales Rep to get things set up correctly as well as email issues to the Tech Support person.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Price and the Support we got during the initial purchase decision. Our Sales Rep -[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - was SUPER knowledgeable and personable. She went the extra mile to make sure we had everything to make a sound decision and then has been readily available after our purchase.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Angie! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Your feedback is very important to us and we would love to know your suggestions. Please contact support and let us know what information you need. I also want to point out that we have an extensive help center with articles and videos. We offer weekly training sessions as well.

Jared from Homecare Interact

Great Team with a great product

Pros

Applicant Stack works with you to make a product you want to use. They customized our job board to look like our customers' webpages

Cons

It is not the prettiest looking software but that's not that big of a deal for us

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack was able to customize and integrate with the other programs we use like AxisCare

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Deanna from Hands At Home Care Services

Great Features, not very intuitive

Applicant stack has helped our agency keep applicants organized and all in one place, with the exception of those coming from Craigslist (would love integration there!). Not sure this program would have been my first choice but it has been useful.

Pros

I appreciate the various ways an applicant can flow through the process, if you need to move them along in a stage you are able to do so quickly. The text and email features are very quick as well and you get a whole snapshot of all applicants and where they are in the process on the home screen.

Cons

There is no feature that makes it obvious when you first login that there are either new applicants or applicants that are new in stages. You can send an email notifying people of the change but when there are so many e-mails, that becomes ineffective very quickly. I would like to somehow be able to see who has recently been moved in either bold or a separate section on the home screen. I also would like a search feature that does not need the exact spelling of a name. I have found the search to be pretty useless when I am trying to find applicants quickly but can't remember the exact spelling. I feel the search could be a more powerful tool. Sometimes I just want to search applicants by their location and currently, I can't. The onboarding feature is also not very intuitive and in the time I have used Stack I have not, on my own, been able to start using that side of this program. I know there are huge benefits to it for us but I am frustrated that it is not easier to start using. I've watched videos and still have not been able to set it up confidently and I would say I can generally figure these things out on my own. An online help chat feature would be great too.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Owner chose it for its ability to also do onboarding

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. Let me see if I can address some of these issues here but if not, please reach out to support. We are here to help! Candidates & email notifications: You should easily be able to see how many new candidates you have for each job and overall (for all jobs) via the home dashboard pipeline summary. Each one of those is links that will pull up a more detailed view. You can also change the email notifications. Perhaps you only want to receive an email when a candidate is new? Candidate search: I do want to point out that we have a quick search at the top of the page as well as the advanced search option son the right side menu bar. The advanced search lets you search for a candidate by a location and even allows you to search via a distance to a zip code! ApplicantStack Onboard: We have the help center, support, and webinars to help you!

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, ApplicantStack has been extremely helpful with our hiring process. It has made our lives of sifting through 1000's of Resumes and Applications much easier and the hiring process more enjoyable. With this software, we have been able to find quality candidates and make sure nobody slips through the cracks!

Pros

This software is great for tracking candidates through the hiring process. It acts as a central hub for the entire hiring process. It allows you to track all of your current open positions, all of the actual job postings on the different platforms and job boards, the number of applicants for each job/position, indiviudal candidate information, candidate application status, interview stage, interviewer notes/comments/feedback, and candidate communication and history.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about this software is it does not create one universal profile for candidates. Instead, the candidates profile is created based on a position. Meaning, this allows for duplicates of the candidates. So, if a candidate applies for multiple positions or has applied in the past, everything is on separate profiles. It will give you an icon by the candidates name notifying you there are duplicates, however you have to click on each individual duplicate to see the candidates history. It would be much more helpful if you could click on the history of the candidate and see all the positions they have applied for, the stage they're at in the hiring process for each position, any notes left from the recruiting team or HR team from past interviews or interactions and all communication with the candidate.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. Most companies want to keep the history separate so the feedback and history of one job doesn't influence the chances of the other job. In most cases, the other job history can be hidden from the hiring manager.

Jacqueline from ILLOWA JATC

ApplicantStack Rocks

We save so much time and paper - everything is on this site, and stays there. We can go back and review applications from years ago to compare to a more recent application. Now I print the applications of only the qualified candidates - save reams of paper. All job details are saved also; just have to refresh when needed. Strongly recommend. Has streamlined our hiring process

Pros

What a helpful site!! We no longer accept paper applications - we list our jobs through ApplicantStack, which allows us to post our jobs on numerous job boards. The applications come right to us, and we can track the hiring process every step of the way through this site, including email the candidates, storing templates for standard replies (such a time saver!) and easily refreshing our job postings through the launch tab. We save time and paper - the site keeps all the info for us.

Cons

Have no major dislikes or problems at all. One little thing - the info on race/gender/etc does not show on the application but it does on the application on the site (just not the printed one) - we have stats we need to submit to DOL so we try to keep current on it. (Please note no one has to fill that info out; we gave them the option of Prefer Not To Answer) That is the only thing - pretty minor.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi Jacqueline! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will make sure your comment gets submitted to our support team so they can walk you through the steps. The EEOC information is typically hidden but you can run reports on the data which you can submit to the DOL. You have several options and our support team can go over those with you.

David from The Mundy Companies

ApplicantStack User Review

Overall our experience is a positive one. It's quite cost-effective for what you get out of it. Other job boards and companies can be known to price gouge when it comes to postings, so a flat monthly rate is a nice change. The adoption of this sofware earlier this year (2018) brought us into the 21st Century (the world of everything online).

Pros

I like how well the software functions. I have not experienced any issues or glitches. Customer service is quick to respond and assist with anything you need. They don't look to screw you over - we requested a custom application and they opted to not charge us for creating it. The overall modern look of the site is a plus as well. The partnerships with online jobboards (mainly Indeed) is a major factor in applicant turnout, as that is where we receive the majority of ours from. Nearly every question you have can be answered with prewritten questions and responses for just about every aspect and function. Customization is a huge player in this software - you can order and lay out exactly how you want your data and information to be presented to you so you don't have anything that is unnecessary.

Cons

The formatting of certain aspects is sometimes a pain. When you are writing a job post, the window you type the text is set fairly short as far as how much vertical space it takes up on the page. It is not expandable like other text boxes can be, so it's a pain to see what you are working on sometimes if you have a lot of text.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi David! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate it and feel this will be extremely helpful for anyone looking at an ATS solution. Regarding the job listing page: There is a maximize button in the tool bar that you can select to expand the window! The icon has four arrows pointing outwards. Please contact support if you need further assistance. We are here to help!

An effective ATS and Recruiting Tool

An added resource/tool for our recruiting department. Great secondary ATS/TMS for applicant lifecycle. Straightforward features and easy to use, even for a novice user. Additionally, ApplicantStack is more cost effective than the competition and well worth the investment.

Pros

I like having the ability to post multiple job listings to a variety of job boards all at once. Also, the ability to manage your applications and candidate pipleline, create custom folders, and communicate with candidates directly through the application. Easy integration with email, creating personalized email templates, as well as creating applicant screening questions to filter out candidates that do not qualify for specific roles. ApplicantStack is definitely worth the investment, but may take a back seat to some of the other products in this catergory.

Cons

Limited job boards that actually attract viable candidates. Although there are multiple job boards, there are only 1-2 that produce applicants and resumes. Job listings do not seem to post in "real time." Therefore, it may delay finding candidates for the more urgent openings.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We love all of the Pros you listed! Now to address the Cons. ApplicantStack provides the job feed to the third party job boards but unfortunately it is up to them once they receive the feed. All the job boards have a different process when they publish the jobs. Please contact support since we could reach out to the job boards on your behalf to see if there are any issues that we can address. I do want to point out that this is the first time I am hearing about a delay in the posting so I believe this can be resolved.

Helen from Enhance IT

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great Product for High Volume Recruiting

I have had a good experience with Applicant Stack, especially in the past year. A lot of the changes they've made have been helpful, and when our company changed it's name, our account manager made it easy for all our users to transition seamlessly.

Pros

It's great that we have such an easy time adding new recruiters for our growing business. We are a staffing firm, so it's extremely helpful that our technical recruiters (high volume) can have applicants uploaded automatically through job postings whereas myself (corporate recruiting) can be more selective on uploading my candidates singularly (since most of my openings are confidential). Customer service is always super prompt in providing feedback to issues, which rarely happen. We also appreciate the heads up when the software will be down for updates.

Cons

My biggest issue is searching for candidates who are in the system. We have thousands of candidates and a lot of times if you simply search by first and last name, they do not come up (so we end up with lots of duplicates). Although the duplicates will show up AFTER being loaded, this still means that we wasted a view on the job board we used to search AND wasted time to upload that person. I wish there was a way we could search for candidates by email or phone number or even Skype ID.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Rachel from BayCare Clinic

It’s great!

It has been wonderful and we have had the same contact for our whole time with them!

Pros

I like that it’s very user friendly. And the customer service had been great!

Cons

There are limitations to design but for the cost it is to be expected. Not an issue with what we need though.

Customer service and cost

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Chris from Honeywell

ApplicantStack - Good, Not Great

Benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I feel this is a great entry-level software package, great for smaller companies targeting local candidates for general positions. The cost is low in comparison similar products, so there's a good return on investment. Most importantly, it is very user friendly, and gets the job done quickly.

Pros

My experience with this software has been decent. The functionality is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It has multiple options for posting job openings on various job boards, and lets you post in specific locations, general regions, or nationally. The integration features with other applications saves a lot of time as well. I like the option to create personalized applicant screeners to help filter out unqualified candidates. Software can be used as an applicant database to save candidate resumes for future use.

Cons

Interface is very basic, and does not offer many features as the competing services. There is no advanced options when creating job postings which may limit the target audience, especially for more technical positions. It would be nice to have more menus and drop-down features. Also, job board options are limited, so it can be frustrating if there are multiple users.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Chris! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this detailed review. I am sure it will help many organizations in their ATS evaluation process. We do want to make your experience great! I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support so we can submit a feature request for you. Please let us know what other features you are looking for. Also, please clarify what you mean by job boards are limited. We do offer manual posting links so there should be no limit to the number of job boards you post to.

June 2010

Burt from Accent Building Restoration, Inc

June 2010

ApplicantStack - Great 'Off the Shelf' Job Board Solution

Overall recommendation is 9.5 out of 10. The product does the job. It has good core features. Customer service is superb. If you need a job board and can't have custom programming done, or don't want to buy a big, bloated or overly complex system that you'll have to install and maintain then I think this is a great choice. We've had it online for about two weeks now. We have had a few hundred applicants for 4 job postings. We were able to quickly process the apps and hhave hired three people so far without having huge piles of paper.

Pros

Product set up was taken care of by ApplicantStack and was painless. They created my template quickly and were amenable to make some changes I requested. Customer service is excellent. Not only did they take care of problems quickly they actually modified a couple features based on feedback. The default workflow is set up in a logical fashion which really helped as we weren't sure what the best process would be. The automation features are useful and a real time saver. The reports and ability to add custom fields to the back and front end allow customization. The ability to build reusable questionnaires, email and job listing templates is great. The recently added layout templates add so good additional functionality for more advanced formatting of the front end. The application also generates job specific links and email addresses so that you can post them in other forums. There is more but I didn't intend to make this a feature list. Good, easy to use solution.

Cons

I would like to see the question page layout feature continue to evolve to include some type of editor - not really a 'con' as this is brand new functionality. I think the questionnaire needs some 'label' and 'image' components so you can add additional instructions to your app. A multipage form option would also be useful. We have a multipage job application which would mean lots of scrolling down. We opted to use a smaller initial form and just send the full application to those who pass a certain point in the hiring process but it would be nice to have all our legal mumbo jumbo in there. There are a few areas where I'd like more control - perhaps adding header and footer areas where you can customize the content. These are more 'features that I'd like added' than cons.

Cathy from Blair Companies

Solid, dependable software, does what we need it to do. Excellent customer service. Thank you!

Pros

Eliminates paper applications, easy to send one email to multiple candidates, easy to use. One of the best decisions we made to improve our Recruiting & Hiring process.

Cons

1) Expensive for multiple users, we have limited our users due to the high cost; 2) Wish there were a better way to capture notes within candidate records that aren't 'buried' in tabs and mouse clicks. Putting notes into the application fields ends up pushing the row size too large. Is there a way to create a sort of "sidebar" for each candidate where the user could put in a lot more text for notes? Also, have a similar "sidebar" on the main screen. 3) Reminders - would like reminders to be sent through the system to the Hiring Managers about their interviews, etc. 4. Wish there were a way to integrate with our payroll software.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Cathy! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously. We also pride ourselves in being one of the most affordable systems available. You can easily view candidate notes in the History tab. The filters at the top allow you to see only the notes if you prefer. We do have task reminders. These are emailed to the user and they can easily see their tasks on their own home screen. Please contact support if you need any further information.

Alison from Azusa Pacific University College

Applicant Stack Applicant Tracking System

The system configuration really needs to be done by someone with experience. For people with experience in HRIS, the system is extremely easy to use. For customer service, I typically have to email or leave a message. I don't typically get a live agent. However, they respond within 24 hours. The system does not have the latest greatest when it comes to technology- IE no system integration with HRIS, no mapping of candidates, no integration with google suite (calendar), no map abilities. They are starting to incorporate onboarding abilities (new hire paperwork, forms, etc) into their product which I have not yet explored. The number of users (hiring managers) is limited by how much you pay so as your company grows you will need to pay more and more per month to allow more hiring managers in the system.

Pros

It is very easy to use.

Cons

I do not have the ability to search for a job like I do a candidate. For our system, we have hundreds of jobs and I just have to go page by page since it is limited to view only 100 per page until I find the right one.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied August 2017

Hi Alison! Thank you for taking the time to review ApplicantStack. Your feedback is very important to us. We do offer support through our support portal and have our help center available 24x7. We do offer an API for integration with any system that would accept it. Please send us a support ticket so we can provide you with more information. However we are currently working on more integrations. You do have the ability to search for jobs similar to how you search for candidates. You can search on Job Title, Job ID, or any other job field. you can also sort on columns if that would make it even easier to find your jobs. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Dale from Three Rivers Senior Services, Inc. d/b/a Home Instead Senior Care

Great Resource

This applicant tracking system is excellent and very user friendly. Their options and features make it easy to take applicants from beginning to end and also help us track where each person is in the process. The customer service has been exceptional in every instance.

Pros

The software incorporates a plethora of features which make it easy to find anything needed to successful transition applicants through the process. Their customer service is top notch and they have always responded to any questions almost immediately. The reports make tracking applicants through the entire process simple and quickly actionable when we see a bottleneck in our process. The onboarding feature has been an excellent benefit as well to help alleviate the paperwork at orientation.

Cons

It is difficult to mention anything that I liked least. Importing documents into the onboarding side for applicants to fill out can take time and effort and yet being able to self-serve in creating these has been very cost effective and helpful.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi Dale! Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback. Please let us know if you ever need any help with importing documents. We are here to help!

Melissa from Home Instead Senior Care

Stacking the Applicants

Overall, I am happy with the software. I think that everything has its faults but ApplicantStack really does make it easier to get information about a large group of applicants rather than me going through Monster or SimplyHired and doing it myself.

Pros

What I enjoy most about ApplicantStack is how much information you can receive on just one applicant and that I am able to email them, put them through to the next stage and can be linked to other software so moving forward in the hiring process is easier. I am also a big fan of our Account Manager. Is always helpful, returns calls quickly and willing to take the time to explain things that are confusing.

Cons

At times I find it hard to use ApplicantStack as I wish it had more features. I have mentioned to our Account Manager that it would be nice to categorize differently or have separate tabs that classify who is in what stage so you don't have to look through a bunch of information. It would also be nice to filter out the duplicates, the ones that were already denied moving forward and such.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Whitney from Robert R. McCormick Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Just OK, there are better options out there

Pros

I used ApplicantStack when I was at an executive search firm. It was a major improvement from the previous system we had, but it was still pretty bare bones. I had to do a lot of manual data uploading (our firm wouldn't pay a consultant to transfer our data so I had to do it manually). Now that I've seen some newer, more updated systems with more features, I would describe Applicant Stack as just OK.

Cons

I had to do a lot of manual data entry with this system. I remember making mistakes easily. Having to format job descriptions frequently to make sure it matched what was showing up on our career page online. Also had challenges with the way the home dashboard showed open positions. It just wasn't that sophisticated. You get what you pay for!

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied December 2019

Hi Whitney, We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We do offer an import from existing ATS' so I am not sure why you manually needed to add data. There are many features (we are continually adding more). Please feel free to reach out to support with any suggestions. We always appreciate our customer feedback and suggestions. The dashboard is somewhat customizable, please reach out to support if you need any assistance.

Rebecca from Cox Farms Inc.

Industry: Farming

User-Friendly Software, Great Support Staff!

I've really enjoyed working with ApplicantStack. We're a seasonal business, and I requested a feature involving reference forms in 2013, and they said they would have it ready by the time I was ready to start hiring in 2014, and they did! The support team is really great. I've worked with a lot of the same folks over the years, which really helps when they know and understand your business and your specific needs.

Pros

ApplicantStack is really easy to learn. The cost was what really drew us in 6 years ago, and the price is still the same -- even with all the new features that are regularly added!

Cons

There are a few functions that other major ATS systems use that ApplicantStack does not have, but the benefits of those other ATS systems certainly don't outweigh the cost. A few things I would love to see: Paychex Integration, the ability to text applicants, and some "logic": I'd like folks to be able to answer a few questions before being directed to the correct application.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied November 2018

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We do partner with Paychex! Please contact support so we can assist you. I will forward your feedback to our development team. All the items you mention are on the development list.

Carly from Home Instead Senior Care

Applicant Stack Review

The overall experience is a positive one. I really appreciate that appstack is offering texting now (I think we will be adding this feature soon). The reporting tab gives me a really good look at the big picture of where we are at currently with our hiring.

Pros

I like the pipeline on the dashboard so we are able to see how many candidates we have in any given stage in the process. I also like that we are able to customize the documents (using the library and email templates) we are sending out to our applicants. I like being able to control not only what information is sent, but how and when it is sent.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize any automatic correspondence (when stage changes are made) before I hit confirm. I can see that the email will be sent to my candidate, but i'm not able to open the email from this screen to make changes ( like adding a name or date) to customize the email. It would make the process run more smoothly.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Your particular account is setup according to your main company guidelines. Unfortunately, they decide the template of the account and limit access for modifications. But, please reach out to support, perhaps there are some changes we can do for your account. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Good for automating recruitment activities

Overall, this is my first time using ApplicantStack with a company, and because it's streamlined with emails,

Pros

Easy to create customized messages for a variety of recruitment needs. Global notes for people who appear as duplicates for applying to multiple roles. Resume upload links that are anchored to candidate application making it easy by simply sending an email with a link to upload resume.

Cons

Cannot open multiple tabs to work on several candidate dashboards. Would love for the make note global feature to be a part of the rejected stage as well. When making changes, it would be great for the change to save itself automatically or instantly after clicking save, theres been instances when we've lost work in progress or waste valuable time to update candidate record. Date/time stamp for document uploads. Customize email notifications for jobs some people aren't a part of.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. I would recommend you contact our support team since some of the issues you are describing require more information in order to troubleshoot. I am not sure I understand why work isn't being saved. We do record the date and time stamp of document uploads in the history section.

Melissa from CRC

Still very happy!

They recently changed their user interface and had a really annoying feature where all filters “collapsed” every time you made a selection. We sent a few change requests to their customer service team, and they actually listened! It took about 3.5 months to implement the change, but it’s fixed now and all is right with the world again. It’s nice to see they take change requests seriously and want to improve their product to meet user needs!

Pros

We've been using ApplicantStack for over a year, and it's still a great product! They just did a major update that changed the user interface a bit, and for the most part it was an improvement. Still absolutely amazing for the price - it's based on recruiter/HR/admin users, as opposed to employees or # of applicants like with Taleo or iCims.

Response from Jennifer

Replied November 2017

Hi Melissa! We are very pleased that you are still very happy with ApplicantStack. We want to continue to do everything to make our customers happy. We are glad that you like the new user interface and its many enhancements. I am not sure exactly when you wrote this review but as of yesterday, Nov 14 we pushed a feature to production that allows the filters to stay expanded. As you mentioned, we listen and take feedback very seriously however some items take more time than others. Keep sending us feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Jennifer

Ettel from U-GRO Learning Centres

Positive, flexible, very supportive team behind this product.

Pros

The product is really easy to use and is the best ATS I have ever worked with. It's not overly complicated, but there is an amazing team at ApplicantStack that is very willing to work with us on any product enhancements that we'd like to see, or assist with minor projects as needed as well. They know what they are doing and are quick to help. With the ever-changing world of recruitment, I find that the flexibility is key because you never know what may be needed next! They are also always improving items I hadn't even thought of, which is wonderful!

Cons

There is really nothing that I do not like about this software. If I had to pick something I suppose their onboarding piece is not yet very robust so we aren't using it yet, but from our experience with the recruitment piece of it, we know the onboard side of the platform will continue to grow and we will move to it soon.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied August 2017

Thank you Ettel! We are so happy to know that you value ApplicantStack. As always, if there are features that you are looking for let us know.

Barbara from Overdrive Interactive

Pros

the software is easy to set up and use - - the listings are easy to create and link to recruitment ads. the company has about 35 employees so we are small. Applicant stack does the job - we have excellent record on hiring from our own efforts verses head hunter.

Cons

Its all great actually -- I do not have any issues or suggestions to change much of anything. I use ApplicantStack for keeping resumes on file - -I review old resumes. It would be easier if all resumes had to be in a word document so I would not need to download - I could just attach file to email if I choose to send candidate an email. Otherwise it is fine the way it is.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Barbara! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We are thrilled that you find ApplicantStack easy to use, set up, and use! You can state that you only want word files. I am not sure I understand why you need to download the file if it were in any other format. Can you please contact support so we can get more information? You should be able to view any resume regardless of the format.

Krista from Woodloch Resorts

I've been working with App Stack for 2 years and love it.

We love the ease of potential applicants being able to complete the application right from home. We no longer have to keep track of paper applications and resumes. We love the fact that our 20 some pages of onboarding/hired paperwork is right online. App Stack has saved us a lot of time from filing, printing and keeping track of all of the paperwork. Thank You Applicant Stack for making our lives here at Woodloch easier!

Pros

It is very simple to use. Everything is at my fingertips with a few clicks. I've heard rave reviews from our applicants about the ease of filling out an application and onboarding paperwork.

Cons

I really don't have any cons for Applicant Stack. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to sign back in all the time. Each time an applicant or reference calls, I have to sign in again. But it takes too long for it to figure out that it signed me out and the applicants are on hold on the phone while App Stack is signing me out and then I have to sign back in.. Maybe make the timeframe longer before you sign out users.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied May 2018

Hi Krista! Thank you for this awesome review about ApplicantStack. I am forwarding your feedback to our support team. Perhaps they might have a suggestion regarding the login/logout issue you are describing.

Dirk from Home Instead Senior Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Overall it has been a good experience. One problem that I have recently encountered is that we suddenly saw a drastic drop off in job applications being received by about 75%. I sent an email about it to see if there was anything I was missing. I never got a response, but the next day we had seven applications come in. It was just strange. But I do think that the service is a good one.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use Applicant Stack. Reports are easily accessed and navigated to and being able to add job candidates that fill out paper/pencil applications is very helpful as well.

Cons

I feel like the customer support staff can sometimes just give you a by the book answer instead of giving you a way to resolve your problem. It can be a response that says, this is why you're having this problem rather than this is how you can fix your problem.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied November 2018

Hi Dirk! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to your account manager. We want to make sure you are completely happy with ApplicantStack and that we answer all of your questions.

Matthew from Truckers America

ApplicantStack has been the perfect recruiting tool for a small company trying to grow.

Helps us manage our entire pipeline with our team of 30+ recruiters and be able to switch applicants between jobs, recruiters, positions, etc. with ease. Cost-wise it's really helped us grow and help allocate a lot of money elsewhere while using this as our central point.

Pros

Software is flexible, tech support can help you get your application to do basically whatever it is you could want to do. Once you get a handle on things as well, reporting and such is very useful and easy to get into a flow with.

Cons

It's a little clunky, but they've worked on updating it and it's far more sleek now than it was when we signed on. I do wish reporting showed us a little more within the app vs having to export spreadsheets, etc.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Matthew! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously. We are thrilled with all of the positive comments. Please contact support so we can get more information from you about how you would like to see the reports. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Todd from TMI CONSULTANTS LLC

Game changer!

Pros

The results - at tgg hg evens of the day that’s all that matters!!

Cons

Takes a lot to understand - it’s not super user friendly - example - if you don’t have a location where u are placing the ad - u have to know how to edit the drop downs and add more locations - their may be a tutorial on how to do this but I figured it all out on my own

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thanks Todd!!! We appreciate this awesome review. I will forward your concerns to our development team. Yes, there is a tutorial in the help center.

Allison from Bear River Head Start

Easier than my old paper applications

I am pretty new to using ApplicantStack, but it has been an easy way to manage job applications so far. It has overall been a positive experience and has saved me time. As an HR department of one, I had to find something like this to stay on top of my hiring. Their customer service is really good, very helpful and friendly when I have questions. I came into this HR position and the company had used only the same paper application for over 30 years, and applicants would miss a signature or not check yes or no on something. Using ApplicantStack makes sure I get only complete applications, which is really nice.

Pros

It is convenient to have automatic emails sent when an application reaches certain stages, and that was easy to customize. Each stage was easy to customize, and the automatic emails save me a lot of time. I also like the automated job board posting.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly. It is generally pretty good, but I think it could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack seemed to be easier to set up and use. The price point was also better, which is important for a non-profit like I work at.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Travis from Kings III of America

Applicant Stack Review

Pros

I like that you can keep all of your applicants in one place, you can email and schedule them, set delayed automated emails (this feature is very handy, so you can reject candidates immediately after you speak with them, but you can set it up so that it looks as if you gave more thought to them)

Cons

Searching for applicants function is very limited and sometimes doesn't work. You should be able to search, press enter, and bring up the people who have the name that you typed in and click on it to take you to their applications. Sometimes it's case sensitive or for some reason it just doesn't pull up each person.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories. Please contact support so we can point you in the right direction. We have a quick search at the top to search by name (or a portion of the name) as well as the advanced search tools.

Julie from Home Instead Senior Care

ApplicantStack has been very effective in finding good quality people. It is easy to use and we get many new employees off of here.

Pros

The software works well and is easy to use for the most part. We get many applicants from using this software.

Cons

It is a little confusing when trying to post a new job listing.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

MACKENZIE from Wilson Senior Solutions/Home Instead Senior Care

Love the "Stack"!

Each of us in the office has a specific job, but we also dabble in each others' work and try to help each other out. In Human Resources, sometimes my manager will talk with applicants and then send them to me to interview, or vise versa. ApplicantStack makes it easy for us to make notes on each applicant so we are both on the same page.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access applicants, write notes, receive feedback from references, and take them through a logical hiring process all on the site! It saves me a lot of paper and sticky notes...

Cons

Mostly, the ApplicantStack tool is convenient and easy to use. I am completely satisfied with the tool "as is", but I do have a suggestion for a feature; sometimes I have set a candidate to "interview" stage and then forget to put them on my calendar. I then have to dig through papers and sticky notes to see if I can find when we set up a date and time. It would be nice if there were an option to set a "due date" for when the stage should be complete to help keep me on track.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Jessica from Home Instead Senior Care

Applicant tacking software review

I have really enjoyed most features like emailing candidates which can save time. The quick stage setting to see where you are in the process. Lead Management report is also a great report that I do not believe other tracking systems have. This report lets you see who has attempted to fill out the application but hasn't completed it fully. Great way to reach out and get possible missed candidates.

Pros

The ApplicantStack software is user friendly, easy to navigate and has multiple features that make tracking streamlined.

Cons

One thing that I found to be a bit more difficult with the software was the re posting of jobs. When we first started up it wasn't really fully explained and took a bit of training to understand the whole process. I wish there was just one button you could press to Re post.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Melissa from CTF ILLINOIS

Applicant Stack Usage Review

Excellent. Easy to use. Easy to track former applicants.

Pros

Targets a broad base of candidates. Better response we have ever received with prior recruiting software & outside sources

Cons

I wish it could download the applicants directly into ADP.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Melissa! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. We have an integration with ADP - contact support or your account manager for more information.

Karen from InSite Support Services

Can’t be beat

The new text feature is one that we’ve been waiting on and it’s working great for us since we call out for phone screenings - we can text the applicant and let them know it’s us calling and to see if they’re available. Overall, I love the software!

Pros

We’re a call center so we get a lot of applications across two centers in two different states; keeping track of those applications in Applicant Stack is so easy to do and with the new onboarding tool it’s even better!

Cons

The original setup of the application which requires some coding. Also, pulling useful reports is my weakest area as I never seem to be able to set the criteria correctly.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

N/A. We choose AppStack since it met our needs.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Karen! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories. I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support if you need any further assistance.

Jonathan from Home Instead Senior Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Awesome software for funneling and tracking applicants

Increased efficiency of the hiring process in our company.

Pros

I love all of the tools that ApplicantStack has available to use. Reports, automated email campaigns, consolidated job postings, online on-boarding, etc. There is so much available to the user of ApplicantStack. All of the tools they have have created much more efficiency in our office. They make applicant tracking a breeze.

Cons

I do not have any real cons to the software. Some of the processes for creating custom on-boarding documents can be a little frustrating at times. I am just happy that we have a way to upload and create documents that I can go in and add digital signatures to for our applicants. It has saved us so much time.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied June 2018

Hi Jonathan! Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback. If you ever need any assistance please feel free to reach out to support. We are here to help!

Applicantstack - Simplify your hiring

Pros

Applicantstack made my recruitment life simpler. I was thrilled to have discovered this cloud based software. I managed the recruitment for 20 office locations for a home health care organization. This software was very friendly to use and posted to all the major job aggregators. I never had any interfacing issues and they were constantly improving their system. Their tech support was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I enjoyed being able to rate the applicants, communicate with them and more right from one screen. I was also able to access applications from my smartphone which was extremely useful.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I am so glad I found them. The system improved our hiring significantly and made my job easier.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied January 2019

Nicholas from HotShot Deliveries Inc

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Hr director with 15 years of experience with ATS systems

Overall the beat ATS system I’ve experienced. Hands down

Pros

The ease of functionality and use, and the integration with other software. Although I would love for it to integrate with Isolved.

Cons

No text app to correspond via text. There are other systems that use this and it is vital you get this function.

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

The capability to customize more than the staple ATS systems.

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Nicolas! Thank you for the review. I will forward your information along to our product team.

Maggie from Anderson ZurMuehlen

Applicant Stack is easy to use and share information with hiring managers.

Capterra has a nice interface and is easy to use.

Pros

Applicant Stack is well organized and I like how it integrates seamlessly into our website. We also benefit greatly from the job board plug in, specifically with Indeed and this is provided at no additional charge. Hiring managers are able to easily view candidates, organize what stage they are in and proceed with the recruiting process. I also find it easy to add positions because of the template library.

Cons

I think the candidate experience could be better. I wish candidates could return to their application and add documents or change information. Once they submit their application, they can't return to it.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Maggie! If you enable the ability for the candidates to create a username and password, they will be able to log back in and make changes. Please contact support so we can help you with that.

Jill from Home Instead Senior Care

Job Posting Made Easy!

Users would benefit from ApplicantStack training sessions. Webinars would be a great way to enable users to get training and allow us to ask questions or provide feedback in a more interactive manner. ApplicantStack is a wonderful hiring tool and allows companies to receive and communciate with applicants easily. However, most Home Instead's heavily utilize ClearCare and merging the data automatically would empower us to hire more and better quality CAREGivers. I highly recommend ApplocantStack

Pros

ApplicantStack empowers employers to focus on creating a great job ad that is visible on all the popular job search sites!

Cons

All applicants still need to be added manually to our CRM for tracking and hiring purposes. The website is set up great for tracking applicants but that tracking must be duplicated in our CRM for utlization and visibility for other team members. ApplicantStack data should feed automatically to ClearCare for more efficient time management. We would be willing to pay more for this feature.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi Jill! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will definitely forward your feedback to our support team. We do offer training webinars and have an extensive help center with videos. I will have your account manager reach out to you regarding the options.

Alicia from Northeast Arc

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, Applicant Stack is by far the best ATS I've used other systems have been a nightmare to set up and did not work well with accommodating the organizations structure and hiring process. I also can not stress enough how much I LOVE the fact it is easy for our hiring managers to use. The last ATS I used (at a different company ) was so complicated I had to hold training's monthly to remind my managers how to use it

Pros

ApplicantStack is easy to use and implement. As an HR professional I appreciate how user friendly it is, its very simple and easy for our hiring to learn how to use

Cons

When emailing candidates and hires through applicant stack there seems to be some issues with emails not going through into their inbox. Unfortunately this has caused us to lose a few potential hires

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing.

Mark from Riviana Foods, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Riviana Foods Feedback

For the most part, I am very satisfied with what AS has to offer. I wish there was a bit more capability with some of the system capabilities, but overall, a very good product

Pros

Ease of installation Ease of posting jobs Modification options

Cons

I believe that there should be a standard cost for your company to purchase access rights, not have to be limited by administrators/users or having to pay for manager access

Response from SwipeClock

Replied December 2019

Hi Mark! Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories. ApplicantStack's current pricing model is by the user and user-level access. I will pass along your feedback to upper management. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Betsy from Riviana

Industry: Food Production

ApplicantStack Review

When I started with my current employer they were still doing paper applications. There were filing cabinets full of applications, spreadsheets tracking applicants for EEO reporting, all of that disappeared and we now have an easily accessible system with ApplicantStack. ApplicantStack is continuously coming up with new ideas and products that are above any other program I have looked at. Since starting with my company 3 1/2 years ago we now have two other manufacturing facilities that are using ApplicantStack. It's a hit with us!

Pros

Ease of use, and very fast transition for an easy / fast start-up.

Cons

The EEO reporting wasn't capable of letting me put in a range of dates so I had to ask for technical support. Technical support was very fast at getting me what I needed.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied October 2018

Hi Betsy! Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am glad to hear that our technical support team was able to resolve your issue.

Issac from W.W. TRANSPORT INC.

Great way to maintain online applications

Pretty dependable, we are able to receive applications online via our website with no issues.

Pros

Easy to access and receive applications. Easy to export applications. The information stays in the system indefinitely, so I never have trouble accessing a application from years prior. Application is customize-able.

Cons

Wish there was an ability to get an applicants real signature with a program such as docusign, we run into trouble when requesting background information because companies do not always accept digital signatures. When customizing, it can get a little confusing with the amount of 'applicant stage' options.

Response from ApplicantStack

Replied April 2018

Hi Issac! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support and let us know how we can assist you with making the applicant stage options less confusing to you.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,313 reviews