• Pros

• "I like the fact that an addition to our existing tool did not create more complications. It is straight forward, very easy to use for employees (no need of specific user training!)"

• "Customer service is the best, very friendly and helpful. Integrated with GSuite Onboarding is easy and quick Customization"

• "The new review / 360 review section is brilliant and very easy to navigate. It has saved lots of manual work for me so it has given me time back in my day! "

• Cons

• "There were a couple of glitches in the early days, but quickly resolved. No complaints now"

• "Compared to what we used to use, Appogee far outweighs the previous system in terms of pros with very little cons"

• "there are not many cons as the system evolves with time. in my "ideal world" if it could be multilingual, it would be even better"

Browse Appogee HR Reviews

Peter from Tangent 90 Ltd

Simple to use great HR software

For a SME like ours, this is a great solution.

Pros

Easy to set up, intuitive. We send all new staff a link when they arrive and they just use it. It is a great shared resource centre for all employment related documents. SSO makes access simple.. Support is really proactive and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

I don't remember if I even looked at any alternatives

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for reviewing Appogee HR! Glad to hear how it has streamlined your processes.

Adrian from DSCallards

A year of Appogee HR

The support was generally responsive; the application did what it said and the fact that we had very little push back from users implies it was good for them as well.

Pros

As with many software packages adoption tells you if it's successful. How many support questions usually starting with "how do I", "where was it", "I'm confused" . While of course there has been some; in the case of the HR deployment its been minimal. We adopted Apogge for the self-service nature; to remove the emailing holiday, sick requests, to remove the manual tracking of policy agreements, Toil requests and personal details. These have been a great success; all the employees get it; and our whole HR processes flow is so much more streamlined.

Cons

There will always be some gripes with new software; the two that stick in mind over our initial teething problems was the inability to remove the log on options - we quickly integrated into our Office 365 login, but on the login screen you still had the option to log in manually -(or with Gsuite) so many users kept trying the wrong one - and it would have been easy to remove those that weren't required. Secondly, we had issues with the document management side; having to request authorisation of policies one by one instead of in bulk. These were both annoying but certainly no close to deal breaking

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

It covered all the features we were looking for including very flexible time working; in both hours and or days

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for reviewing Appogee HR, Adrian. It's great to hear your employees have found the system easy to pick up and you've streamlined your processes. The login page is universal for all customers, so we need to provide all login options, however we take your feedback on board. You can access the app from the Microsoft Apps Launcher it will take you straight into the application. We can also provide you with the O365 specific log in link, which you could ask your employees to bookmark, again, bypassing the main login page. We support the acknowledgement of documents in bulk, this can be done by setting up a 'rule' per document, which you could add to All Employees, Teams or specific individuals. Although you do set up the acknowledgement requests on a per document basis, to give you flexibility.

Appogee Leave Review

hard copy leave letters to online one is very good

Pros

easily leave application was amazing to the organization and all employees

Cons

staff can access and send their leave applications

Response from Appogee HR

Replied June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like you have found Appogee Leave easy to use and the employees have been happy with requesting their own leave. It would be great if you could get in touch with some further feedback on some of the star ratings. We always love to hear how our solutions work for you so we can continue to develop.

Marcelle from Energi Core Limited

Energi Core Review

So far for me it's been amazing dealing with the Appogee team, they have almost become like family. Love the product but think there can be some great improvements made.

Pros

Cons

Could do with a better visual way of set up Improvements to be made on goals and performance reviews. Improvements on reporting Would be great to add time clocking feature

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

We chose it as it suits as a start up company.

Reasons for Switching to Appogee HR

We are growing massively and expected to double if not triple in size over the next year. We need a system that includes better reporting features, time tracking feature, integration with ATS system, better performance review and goal setting feature. The goal is to eliminate manual input and having a combination of platforms in one.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for taking the time to review Appogee HR, Marcelle. We've really enjoyed working with you too, and being able to help out your organisation with centralising your HR processes! We've just launched the ability to track time within the system, too!

Anne-Laure from Ancoris

An absolute time saver

We didn't have a dedicated HR function so we needed an easy to use platform that had an employee self service portal to ease the burden of keeping the system up to date. Being able to configure the system exactly as we want it has been amazing and the AppogeeHR team has been very responsive whenever I needed help.

Pros

Having everything in one place with an easy search functionality saves tons of time. It is in the cloud so I can access the information from anywhere and I know my data is secure which is so important for an HR system. Having an employee self service portal has completely changed the way we run HR. Employees can change their address, bank details, contact information themselves so the onus is on them to update their information, rather than HR. No more chasing or double guessing. It's all there and up to date. The integration of the Leave Functionality with Google Workspace is incredibly well thought out and implemented. The whole process is now automated from email requests to approval, with everything logged in calendars. The headache of tracking holidays has completely gone away.

Cons

There is a lot of functionality and customisation options, so you need to think carefully how to configure it from the outset.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your glowing review Anne-Laure. It's great to hear that you've managed to automate a lot of processes and you can use the system as a single source of truth. Our configuration options allow you to make sure the system is set up in the exact way that you need!

Heidi from M-KOPA UK Ltd

I like Appogee!

My overall experience has been good though I realise we are not probably utilising the software as much as we could. It would be helpful to have an annual check in with our account manager to run through how we are using it and reminding us of its functions, as so often in HR, time resources are limited to spend time exploring.

Pros

I like the simplicity of Appogee that enables us to keep an accurate record of all our employees, and allows our employees to easily track their leave and the performance review function has been well received.

Cons

I don't like when I am looking for an employee using the leave function that it doesn't allow me to search 'All Teams' and if I don't know what team they are in, I have to revert to the company directory to find them and then go back to the leave function. It's not a biggie but does waste a little time :)

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

Pricing and simplicity and I believe there was good support in implementing the system.

Reasons for Switching to Appogee HR

I am aware that your competitive pricing was a big consideration and also the simplicity of the system suited our needs.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the review Heidi! Glad to hear you're centralising your employee information. You should be able to search for all employees under Organisation > Employees. A member of our Customer Success team will be in touch with your regarding regular review sessions!

Amy from The Education Company Limited

Brilliant System

The support is great and the developers are always watching the feature suggestion page implementing suggestions or even responding to peoples comments by suggesting methods to get your desired outcome regarding the current functionality. This is really good because sometimes the system is upgraded and the end user doesn't always understand what that means for them, so it's almost like indirect training

Pros

Is very easy to use, allows O365 integration and a platform for submission of feature suggestions to enhance the software and functionality

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

Appogee was the first one I came to and I really liked the look of it. I had a demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it seemed to be much more geared to what we needed

Reasons for Switching to Appogee HR

E-Days was terrible, their support was shocking and the money spent did not justify the end product

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your lovely review Amy! Great to hear Appogee HR is the perfect fit for your organisation. We do monitor the feature suggestions regularly and our development team are reactive to customer feedback, so it's wonderful to hear how you've benefitted from this.

Melanie from Pinstone

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Everything all in one place

Pros

Cons

I would like to be able to see an overview of who's review is due when on one page rather than going into each individual staff member to find the information. IF this exists - please tell me how!

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for reviewing Appogee HR, it's great to hear you're loving the new Performance Review tool! If you're using the Performance data field called 'Next Performance Review', you could create a custom report and scheduled it to run every week or month, which will give you the data automatically.

bob from DFIN

Easy to use; helps track our most precious commodity - our people

We have been able to consolidate our employee information into one software database. At a glance we can evaluate our human resource needs.

Pros

It has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you grasp the functionality of the software, it is an effective, easy to use tool. It helps us track our employees from a human resources standpoint.

Cons

Customizing the software to your business will take some training, but luckily you can self-train via their help articles. Like any software, the more you use it the easier it becomes.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied February 2021

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear you're finding it easy to use now that you're fully set up!

Emilie from Approach people Recruitment

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Intuitive, flexible and affordable

Great experience, the team is available, their response time is really quick and the system works!

Cons

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review Emilie! So glad to hear you're making use of the system across your organisation. We do offer translations of the system into French and Spanish.

Tim from GPEx Ltd

Keeping it simple - works every time

Appogee HR lived up to our expectations by providing the full range of leave management and HR management functions we required in a simple and easy to use package. It interfaces seamlessly with XERO, meaning that most people can rely on their Appogee portal and stay right away from the finance system. Only finance staff ever have to use XERO, which reinforces our segregation of duties and keeps the auditors happy.

Pros

Simple to use, effective portal for staff to manage leave requests and HR reporting, including the Annual Review process. Flexible enough to be adapted to Australian conditions, easily customised with Long Service Leave and a Personal (ie Sick) Leave entitlement that works quite differently to the UK equivalent. Interacts seamlessly and accurately with XERO payroll

Cons

Some instructions proved difficult to follow when setting up, and database only works to 2 decimal places where XERO works to 4, which often generates small differences in entitlements at balance sheet dates.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review Tim! We aim to be simple to use and easy to navigate so that is great to hear. It is also good to hear our integration with Xero Payroll works well for your company.

Anne from M-KOPA Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Appogee HR Essential

Appogee HR is helping us manage and track employee data and leave very well. It has saved us lots of time in following up for leave approvals and improved overall efficiency in management of employee data

Pros

The ease of access, it was very easy to intergrate with OFfice 365 which makes it very easy to log in. This is a very user friendly product and navigation on all the tiles is easy. One is able to also to access the help tools easily and they are very detailed

Cons

Downloading reports especially leave reports .

Reasons for Switching to Appogee HR

The product was not user friendly

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for reviewing Appogee HR, it's great to hear you're finding it easy to use with all the tools in one place. I will pass on your feedback about Leave Reporting to our product team.

Edson from Anaerobia

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Satisfecho con plataforma Appogee

Estamos satisfechos con la plataforma. Tiene algunos puntos que nos gustaría mejorar pero en general la posibilidad de personalizar nos ayuda mucho.

Pros

Me gusta mucho su facilidad para configurar y adaptar la plataforma a la empresa. Tiene un gran nivel de personalización. La posibilidad de tener documentos ahí ha facilitado el almacenamiento de expedientes.

Cons

La falta de una aplicación para los usuarios, sobre todo en lo que respecta al seguimiento de objetivos en Appogee Success y la posibilidad de pedir y autorizar ausencias. Considero que una app que permita interactuar de manera básica sería muy funcional.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for taking the time to review Appogee HR, Edson. We're really pleased to hear you're making use of all the customisation options. The system is accessible through any browser, which means its flexible to use on your phone or desktop. I'll pass on your feedback regarding an app to our Product Team.

Jarrod from 89.9 LightFM

Industry: Broadcast Media

The perfect HR program that is perfect for staff, hr and finance

Appogee HR is the all round system and I highly recommend it

Pros

I love the fact that it solves our annual leave issues in our organisation. This means that our staff have a one - stop shop and have full control in applying for leave and knowing where in the process it is.

Cons

The only small thing that I would suggest be changed is that when applying for leave, the application for leave section has both applying to take leave (Personal and Sick) along side applying to have TOIL added to their account. This is confusing to staff and subsequently many people apply for TOIL think that they are 'taking' TOIL rather than 'adding' it to the account

Response from Appogee HR

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave us a great review. We are happy to hear that Appogee HR has been so perfect for your organisation. Thanks for the update idea, please feel free to add any feature suggestions to our forum.

Karen from Timber Trade Federation

Industry: Information Services

HR all in one place!

Benefits include the ease of auditing and reporting

Pros

I like that it's a complete on-stop-shop for employees to access not only their own dashboard but that they can access company documents as well.

Cons

I wish it had a built in messaging system. When a new document is available i'd like to be able to notify all staff.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied June 2019

Thank you for stopping by to leave a review Karen! It is great to read you have found our all in one HR solution to be a great fit for your business.

Ciarán from Residential Utility Management Limited

Useful Software

Good for booking leave and simple tasks. Any configuration can take me a long time though

Pros

It's useful to track annual leave and sick days of employees.

Cons

I feel it could be more user friendly and simplified. At times it's hard to figure out where to go to change things.

Legacy software

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Great to hear you're making full use of the Leave portion of the app. Thanks for your review!

Anne from Chartered Management Institute

Review of Appogee

Good experience, easy to use

Pros

The system is easy to use and administer We can store files, documents etc so everything is in one place

Cons

The system does not integrate with our payroll system

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, great to see you're keeping everything centralised in one system. I will pass on your feedback regarding payroll integrations to our product team.

Paulaq from GamCare

User-Friendly Software

It is much more user friendly than other HR software packages I've used in other roles.

Pros

I like that I can see at a glance issues like my annual leave, the annual leave of the staff I manage and any information relating to their performance.

Cons

Uploading files to the right place can be tricky.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear you find Appogee HR easy to use.

Erol from RSI

Good Value

Pretty good software for the money.

Pros

Just the general ease of use plus the setup was pretty straightforward.

Cons

Difficulty with setting up PTO as we have multiple types of PTO

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

The overall interface and pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Appogee HR

Imagine trying to keep a spreadsheet for two separate companies with 20 or so people. That is why we switched.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Erol. Glad to hear you've managed to get rid of complex spreadsheets altogether! We do allow the configuration of custom Leave Types to cater for the multiple type of PTO you may have in your organisation.

Nick from X3 Consulting Limited

Covers all the main areas for HR

Willing and able service partner who have produced a product which is solid and stable. If you don't have an HR department it performs an excellent task of centralising.

Pros

Comprehensive in terms of the coverage for core HR functions in a small business. Once setup it is easy for holiday and sick leave management. The product is functionally rich and has changed how we manage holidays and sick leave particularly to be much less labour intensive. Ability to adapt and add fields is excellent.

Cons

Segregation of employees into groups means a global picture of who's off across the company is a challenge. Vital when you are a small company like us.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks so much for your review, Nick. I'm glad to see you've streamlined your processes. Have you tried our virtual teams feature, which can group your employees into one calendar?

Yan from Joint Peace Fund

Appogee SW it is very useful for our organization.

Pros

Easy to check leave balance and submit leave request.

Cons

To promote administrator setting up and manage

Response from Appogee HR

Replied June 2019

Thanks for leaving us a review!

Great app

Pros

It’s simple and quick to use and keep track of staff details and holidays.

Cons

Interface design is alittle dated and navigation could be slightly better layed out.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied June 2019

Thank you for stopping by to leave us a review.

Rachel from VFI Ltd

Great HR System for sme's

Excellent would recommend.

Pros

Flexibility to amend language and currency. Relatively easy to navigate and set up. Nice interface. Excellent customer service and support and good service improvement portal.

Cons

have suggested small amends via their ideas portal.

Reasons for Choosing Appogee HR

Ability to have dif holiday years, currencies and languages.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied April 2021

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Rachel! Glad to hear you'd recommend Appogee HR.

Richard from Devon Equity Management

Very good

very happy

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to set up and integrate with Microsoft and Xero

Cons

Manual upload of profile data on first installation

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Glad to hear you're making use of the Microsoft and Xero integrations, Richard. We have 2 bulk upload tools which can be used for set up, so that you can add all your employees at once as well as importing their data in one go.

Tim from BMS Tech

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Does the job

Pros

Integrates with 365, no sign in issues, good visibility for team holidays

Cons

Nothing really not to like about it, other than it sends me an email every time someone tries to reset their password. Not really required

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your lovely review Tim! I will pass on your feedback about the password reset email to the product team for review.

Karen from COS Bookkeeping

Great features

Features will use are holidays (linking to our Google Calendars) and training logs.

Pros

Happy to find it links with Xero Payroll and Google Workspace.

Cons

Not always obvious where to go to find things. It’s taking a while to get to grips with it and I’m used to testing new software. Price breaks are too big. To go from 10 staff to 11 is very expensive.

Links with Google Drive.

Response from Appogee HR

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review Karen. Great to hear you're taking advantage of the integration options we have!