What are Assembly users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Assembly software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is user friendly, effective, transparent and offers many rewards."
  • icon"The platform is extremely user-friendly and I love how you can tag different badges to each recognition that you send out. Also love the options of retailers that you can redeem your rewarded carrots."
  • icon"Easy to use, fun GIF features, visible to everyone."
  • icon"The interface is a little confusing, especially for a fairly straightforward tool."
  • icon"I would rather not have to toggle between my earned balance and giving allowance, but that's so small and insignificant."
  • icon"Run out of carrots, we should be able to keep using instead of losing at end of month."

Browse all Assembly Reviews

• Have you used Assembly and would like to share your experience with others?

Ryan

Awesome for Cultural/Moral Boost

We brought Assembly on a couple years ago and it was very easy to understand and use. Once they integrated with Slack it made it even easier. It spread like wildfire at the office of about 200 people

Pros

People that do not typically receive bonuses or commission were able to have their extra hard work monetized.

Cons

There isnt really anything that I didnt like about Assembly

Yousra

Very easy to use and fun!

Assembly has been fun to use and I see that it has made it much easier for our team members to acknowledge each other's hard work. On the Admin side, we can easily see our reports and identify what is the main factor in contributing to employee work satisfaction. In fact, it seems to be encouraging employees to help each other more, which is great.

Pros

Assembly is very easy to set up and even easier to invite team members. It has become a daily use for all of us. This program has helped enhance our culture-building efforts.

Cons

There aren't any cons with this software at the moment. I realize they're still fairly new and are always taking suggestions and making improvements.

Reasons for choosing Assembly

Since this is a new approach in employee appreciation that the company is taking, we wanted to do something that was very simple to implement, easy to control, and cheap. We were on the free version for a little while until we were comfortable with it. Then we decided, it was the cheapest alternative and signed up for the Business Plan.

Damon

April 2022

Awesome!

Awesome! Love the way you can redeem gift cards for recognition.

Pros

This is a cool software for employees and management to recognize outstanding individuals.

Cons

Needs customization. Like a dark mode or another theme?

Jacqueline

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great tool for recognizing coworkers

The application is a wonderful idea - in theory. Unfortunately, it has somewhat become a popularity contest at my particular place of work, which then devalues the recognition the employees receive.

Pros

I really like that I’m able to give kudos to specific coworkers.

Cons

I don’t like that the software requires a reason for why I’m recognizing my coworkers in order to give them trophies.

Laureen

Industry: Law Practice

February 2022

A program that allows you and others to appreciate each other's work

Assembly is a great program and it allows you the opportunity to show your co-workers how much you appreciate them which in turn makes you feel good about yourself. It is a win-win situation.

Pros

The easy access to the program as well as being able to celebrate other co-workers for their hard work.

Cons

I think that the program is easy to use

Abha

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Fantastic software for keeping companies engaged & empowering employees!

Pros

The software is very intuitive. It feels natural - like the instinctive social feed UX that we are already accustomed to. Also, I love how relevant and light-hearted the software is. It feels like it was designed for modern teams with features like including "GIFs" on your posts. I've found that the software drives team engagement and brings out the full potential in individual team members. It's great to see how active people are on the platform and how it promotes positive company culture.

Cons

There's really not a lot to dislike about the software! I'm the most excited for all of their future integrations however...

Reasons for choosing Assembly

It felt like it would be used more naturally my employees at work & had a more intuitive interface.

Jeff

Assembly has sparked a culture of recognition within my office

Assembly has changed the office life culture at Frederickson Capital Management. Recognition and employee engagement is vital to success Assembly encourages what we already know to be important.

Pros

At Frederickson Capital Management, we always want to treat our employees like family. That means when people do a great job, they should be recognized for it. Assembly is tailored perfectly to making recognition easy and fun. It makes my job as a manager seamless.

Cons

Nothing yet... It took minutes to launch and the effects were huge!

Reasons for choosing Assembly

The price was affordable, the design was beautiful and launching Assembly took minutes. Hard to beat that....

daily

May 2022

Great Employee Recognition Platform

Pros

recognition and being allowed to give other peers funds with the praise

Cons

I wish there was a card, either physical or digital that the funds would be able to load into as well as giving full amount of your funds and not rounding up to $5 or worse, the next $10.

Bo

Industry: Government Relations

April 2022

Reviews for Assembly in a workplace

Great and fun to use

Pros

Easy to use for all the employees. Acknowledges all the great work done by fellow employees

Cons

Really nothing negative to say about this software. Maybe a mobile app?

Robert

Industry: Security and Investigations

February 2022

Very minimal early on in the use.

Pros

We are early in the use of this product. Thus far the ease of access is my favorite aspect.

Cons

There is nothing overall that I like least. Once I have used it for a longer period of time that may change.

Allie

Best Employee/Peer Recognition Software Ever!!!!

As an overall experience, this platform has allowed not only myself, but other employees to celebrate the small things. Whether it be helping someone out with the printer or someone covering for me while I'm out on PTO, this platform allows me to thank employees in such a cool/innovate way. The platform allows for those that receive carrots to redeem them for something of their choosing - which I think is great. This platform has opened up such a wide range of cross-team communication - it's great!

Pros

What I love about this software is how it allows you praise any employee in your company for doing a great job, helping you with a big/little task, and having the ability to redeem your carrots for prizes! The platform is extremely user-friendly and I love how you can tag different badges to each recognition that you send out! Also love the options of retailers that you can redeem your rewarded carrots. It's like an employee to employee bonus structure, without having an actual bonus structure!

Cons

Nothing - I seriously love everything about it. I tell all of my friends outside of work that they should try to implement this platform within their own workplace

Love Assembly

It get's cross departmental collaboration without micro managing. It enables people to take initiative while maintaining company culture which everyone loves. Highly recommended.

Pros

Cons

I have no real Cons. I was an early user so the admin portal needed some updates which they have done.

Kathryn

Industry: Food Production

December 2021

Assembly Review

I am new to Assembly as are my co-workers. But it is so slow sometimes that we cannot actually use it because it takes so long to change screens.

Pros

It seems fairly easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it is very, very slow. Sorry that is all I have to say.

Estie

Easy to implement, Quick to adopt, Perfect for busy managers!

My overall experience was very positive. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] responded to my request for a demo, and answered all my questions. We've seen immediate adoption of the product, but most importantly I see our employees using it on a regular basis to show appreciation. It's enabled us to all connect and express our appreciation for each other, regardless of title, personality style, or location! (Even our developers get in on it.) :) Assembly is an essential part of our employee culture now.

Pros

It's very intuitive and easy for new employees to start using. It's also a fantastic tool that's helped us to "operationalize" our values.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

Reasons for choosing Assembly

We wanted something to automate annual recognition for things like anniversaries and holiday bonuses from the executive team. Assembly filled that need and also enabled lots of peer-to-peer recognition.

Easy choice, clean design, easy to use.

We have several use cases for Assembly, to start with; we are a national brokerage focused on employee benefits and we often have to evaluate the best systems for our client's goals. We frequently recommend Assembly to them to help with employee and peer recognition efforts. We also use Assembly in house as our solution so we could intelligently talk to its actual use with clients considering it. Our entire staff enjoy it and use it weekly. Saying thanks is one of the most underused and cost-effective methods of employee retention out there, number 2 is saying thanks and gifts! The CarrotHR/Assembly team has been easy to reach and fast to respond to client feedback and support requests often offering to go further with more help than even requested, this is pretty rare for a Saas company model that usually is focused on self-service.

Pros

Easy to set up. Simple concept that gets employees positively rewarding each other for good behavior.

Cons

Recent branding change is positive but created some short confusion for a month while employees got used to the new name. Shouldn't be an issue for new clients now that the transition is complete.

Reasons for choosing Assembly

Pricing, user interface, ease of use and set up.

Reasons for switching to Assembly

The pricing structure was fairer with Assembly.

Justin

Great tool, great price

Low level of effort to implement and use for a tool that provides high ROI.

Pros

CarrotHR has brought a new level of collaboration to our growing team. It has been the ideal tool to boost motivation for cross functional projects, while increasing awareness for positive feedback. Highly recommend!

Cons

We haven't had a downside yet! Implementation was easy and our employees love it!

Yoli

Carrot HR

Pros

Able to send recognition at any time. Boost team morale...

Cons

run out of carrots, we should be able to keep using instead of losing at end of month...

Jill

Customer Support Specialist

I think it's brought our Lurn family even closer to one another. You can't go wrong with Assembly! Love giving and receiving points.

Pros

What it's designed for, to recognize our peers, management, co-workers from other departments, etc. It's so much fun to give points!!

Cons

We have it set up so that the feed is displaying in slack, however you had to sign onto Assembly in order to give someone points and for 2-3 months in a row I couldn't figure out how to sign on, it wanted some weird email that wasn't an email. This month I must have clicked on the right link because it brought me into Assembly and I was able to give out some points this month.

Danielle

Great Team Morale/Bonding Tool

Pros

This is a fun way to show appreciation to colleagues in a way that actually means something.

Cons

Stop changing what the units are called all the time! We all love this product, and "carrots", "gold" and "trophies" are mentioned often, though we can't keep our vocabulary up to date!

Briann

Industry: Information Services

Assembly Makes Team Appreciation Easy

We've definitely seen a boost in team moral and know that we're appreciated in the work we do.

Pros

Very easy to show appreciation with other team members. When Admins show appreciation it helps boost team morale

Cons

Constant rebranding and name changes. Ideally the terminology wouldn't change as much so that we can reference to it correctly.

Assembly is a great recognition tool!

Beyond a shoutout here or there, recognition is an undervalued part of any office culture. Since onboarding Assembly, I've seen greater initiative in helping/supporting colleagues. Love the tech!

Pros

It can sometimes be difficult to always give recognition to a team member, especially coming from a different department but Assembly makes it super easy to give a coworker a shoutout. Since we started using the technology, I've seen a noticeable uptick in collaboration. Amazing idea!

Cons

It'd be great to send specific items (e.g. bottle of champaign, cookies, etc) so as to add a little more thought to a gift.

Julie

Such a beautiful thing to have at work

Really great, I love this platform and think it's a wonderful idea. I wish our leadership had been more involved in it.

Pros

This has been my favorite thing about my company since I started! It's given such a beautiful, meaningful way for employees to recognize each other in a way that doesn't feel kitschy or brown-nosey. It's a really nice way to just say "thanks for being great" that isn't expensive but is eventually rewarding.

Cons

It was mildly annoying that it accidentally posts for you sometimes without points when you mean to add points.

Tom

I love assembly

Love it. I look forward to giving and receiving trophies

Pros

The rewards are actually useful and motivate people to work harder

Cons

I wish there were a larger amount of trophies

Tasha

Feedback

I think overall it's a great product offering and service our company is using. I enjoy giving and receiving recognition through this platform and it's cool to see what others in our organization are being recognized for as well - it definitely motivates and inspires us more.

Pros

I like the overall offering of the product, because it motivates our employees by giving recognition and allowing them to benefit off of their hard work.

Cons

The product name, feel of UI, and features tend to change quite often. I liked being able to customize the amount of 'carrots' or 'gold' I was given freely, but now that they are grouped together, it just makes it an awkward user experience when having to figure out how to get out of those groupings and into the personalized ones.

Elizabeth

Excellent Software

The initial implementation was easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]our customer service rep made it very easy for us to purchase the plan. He attended our needs and made sure that were satisfied. If I have any questions they answer and resolve it really quickly.

Pros

I really am loving this software. Our employees are engaged and feeling great about this new program that we recently implemented. They have been recognizing each other’s achievements and are excited about the rewards.

Cons

Right now there is nothing g that I dislike.

Assembly