• Pros

• "It's easy!! I love how quick and simple this app works. It's great for taking breaks and clocking out swiftly."

• "Very easy to use. Makes it nice to see how much you’ve worked. "

• "It's very easy to use, it just works and it's simple to use, tracking time has never been so easy before."

• Cons

• "Not as detailed as you may want it to be. Not quite as much customization as other products offer but still a good start for a better time keeping practice"

• "I would like for the software to be more visually appealing. The software itself is great but I think some design changes would help."

• "mobile app and site do not have same functionality as desktop. Boomr needs for features that allow for outside export and payment processing. "

Browse Boomr Reviews

Kelley from Spotless. by J. Ferrari

Industry: Facilities Services

Boomr is a Really Good Time Tracking Program

We had a really good experience with Boomr and used it for a couple of years. The QuickBooks integration is great as is the GPS tracking - really important to know that your employees are actually where they say they are. We ending up switching to another time tracking program that was more comprehensive and tailored to our specific industry, however I’d really recommend this to anyone needing a reliable time tracking program.

Pros

It’s an easy and comprehensive way to track time - especially when you have lots of employees with different shifts - and it integrates with QuickBooks which was great for us.

Cons

For our industry in particular, it woud’ve been really helpful to be able to have some sort of alert if an employee does not show up for a shift. Additionally a lot of employees had issues clocking in or out at times.

Josh from The American Institute of Certified Tax Planners

Boomr is Amazing!

I love the chat option with Boomr, so many of my difficult questions have been answered with a simple chat. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing and extremely responsive to all my questions, even if the answer isn't the direction I hoped it would be.

Pros

I love the time tracking features with the app. We recently started using the Time Off Requests and it has helped us to track our time off requests more efficiently as well as effectively. We love the ability to track lengths of lunches and being able to see the "approaching overtime" tracker on the desktop version.

Cons

1 thing that I wish the software did was able us to track "unpaid time off". I understand the reasons it doesn't but if we had this ability it would eliminate our need to use a secondary software to process all time off requests. As it stand right now, we still have 2 different time allocation systems we have to use in order to show all of our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Boomr

The ability to download the app on different devices and the simplicity of the app itself.

Sandy from Neighbors in Action

Incredibly intuitive for the entire team

Pros

The transition to Boomr was incredibly easy. The customer support team is fantastic and they are incredibly responsive and willing to find a resolution to any issues we have. All of my staff find it simple and intuitive to use and it's made our payroll and invoicing so much easier.

Cons

When we signed up for Boomr we were told that a scheduling component would be added in the first quarter of 2020. There have been issues with that and now the message it will likely be released in the third quarter of 2020. While we didn't sign on specifically for scheduling, it would help us streamline our system and reduce redundancy.

Thomas from RaceWire LLC

May 2016

Basic Functions are OK, advanced functions are lacking.

Pros: 1 Android market 2 tracks previous days worked Cons: 1 Either the app name or icon needs to be modified to reflect its purpose. It's a great name and a professional icon but neither imply its use. Hard to find when looking for it with the rest of my apps. Nothing jumps out that this app is for work. To be honest I almost deleted the app a few times because it appeared to be a social media app (like twitter) in my apps menu that I didn't know how it got there. So, there really should be an icon reflecting a punch card or a dollar sign or a business guy in a suit etc. etc. etc. that makes you think "oh ya that's for work". The same goes for the name, perhaps just "Boomr punch card" ... "Boomr pay tracker" .. "Boomr hour tracker" ... "Boomr for work"... 2 no place to add mileage driven that day 3 can't request time changes through the app (if I mistakenly hit check out or forgot to check in for an hour after being at work). I have to contact my employer via text or email or in person while a note attached to those hours that day within the app would save time and confusion. 4 GPS HAS to be on to check in? I often turn my GPS off for battery saving. I don't want to be forced into turning my GPS on so I can be checked into work to get paid. 5 time stamp is in GMT (Zulu time zone) i believe for some reason? After I click on a specific day and see the details then it's displayed in local time. It needs to be displayed in local time from the beginning, at very least, for the employees. 6 allow rounding if employer permits it. I'd rather get paid to the nearest 15min. Leave the time stamp for the records fine but allow rounding for the nearest quarter hour for pay calculations. For example: let's say 2 employees show up and leave work at the exact same time. One employee may "click" check in while in their car, the second they pull into the parking lot at work and check out the second they leave the parking lot (maximizing their time 'at work'). While the other employee parks, goes upstairs to the office, sits down and then clicks check in. That same employee then checks out as they leave their desk for the day. The way the app is set up now, the two employees will receive different amount of hours (the minutes adding up each day) even though they each actually worked the same amount of time. Both employees should reasonably be getting the same amount of hours paid. For this can only be accomplished by the "buffer zone" created by rounding.

Patrick from Soludos LLC

Excellent product, would recommend

Pros

Boomr integrates extremely easily with our payroll processor and very easy to use

Cons

N/A, it's been very helpful for myself as an admin and the retail employees have been using it for clocking in and out at our retail locations

Reasons for Choosing Boomr

Better integration, easier to use, more competitive pricing

Connor

May 2016

Overall this product is an effective and efficient tool

The best part of this app is the GPS tracking ability. I use this app to clock in and out of multiple different job sites throughout the day and this app does a great job of making that a fairly easy process. It saves time on my part and it also saves my boss's money.

Pros

Well as I already mentioned in my review above I really like the GPS tracking ability. And along with that I find the ability to pre-load job sites on the app extremely convenient for me as a worker/user, I no longer need to worry about remembering to write down the address of the job site I am at because I can just clock into the correct address.

Cons

Overall I really like this product and there isn't really much to complain about from the employee aspect. I know, from hearing my boss talk about it, that there are some variations that could be made on the administrative side that would make things easier, like making the app total the workers hours automatically. The only thing that I would like to see changed on the user aspect is making the ability to add notes to the shift a little easier, because right now it's a little obscure to access.

Joshua from Sundt Construction

Efficient Time Tracking across devices

Time tracking for hourly employees. Project tracking and reporting.

Pros

Boomr offers an elegant and easy to use time tracking interface, that includes useful organizational tools like shift tracking, expenses, personnel, projects, and locations. These make managing a staffs time a complete breeze. The build in reporting features are also very helpful. Being able to quickly generate accurate time reporting has been a great assistance towards accurate estimating.

Cons

I've not encountered anything specifically that I dislike about Boomr, so far it does what it promises and more.

Ciera from Tiffany Home Design

Accurate Timecard

This allows for quicker and smoother payroll for business owners who don't have to spend as much time sorting through schedules

Pros

This software makes it easy and quick to input work hours for payroll. It also allows you to separate your time if you are at multiple job sites.

Cons

Sometimes the software bugs out and deletes a shift or will keep you clocked in for 24 hours. It also only shows gross pay.

Jonathan from 60 Minutes of Art Cares

I love boomr

Pros

Boomr is great for my company because we use field agents and with this software we can see where they check in and monitor activity which helps in our accountability efforts.

Cons

One of the things I don't like about boomr is they lack of integrated features such as with quickbooks and other softwares we use because it add to our work load.

BoomR review

Pros

Save more working time hours and easily review

Cons

Tracking employee all the time and have record real-time

Tucker from Brownrice Internet

Boomer: a utile and effective, though understandably invasive employee time-clock app.

As a user this solution is better then just a spreadsheet, time cards, or anything like that. It seems a bit over-engineered, shouldn't cost money (since they probs sell your data anyways), and a bit Orwellian both for the employer and Boomer.

Pros

Boomer is easy to use for the most part. You can either clock time for a completed shift or check in at the start and at the end (and add breaks etc.) You can choose a location (e.g. Home office, Scranton Office, etc.) I like that it still works with location turned off, if the administrator allows that. See Cons below:

Cons

I can't speak as an administrator, but as a user these are my thoughts: Though the administrator can turn off location fencing so that you don't need to allow location-tracking to clock in/out, the app overall feels a bit invasive, and almost Orwellian. One of us has an app that tracks other apps, and reported that Boomer checked or attempted to check their location over a million times in like a week. I also don't like that it's open source, or free. There should be a 100% free, open-source, perhaps even self-hosted solution that maybe isn't quite as feature-full. After all, clocking in and out of work isn't _that_ complicated.

Socrates from Panos Management

great payroll tracker

Pros

Works on multiple devices (phone, ipad, desktop) so the workers are able clock in and out easily. Gives me a real-time look at what's going on with everyone too (who's in/out and for what reasons, like sick/off days). Saves time when managing payroll overall and provides a clean report to shift through in case there are any issues needed to address. Inexpensive compared to a lot of other payroll management systems. 24/7 customer service is nice too although I haven't needed to use it much.

Cons

The OT hours aren't accounted for properly in reports, which can get annoying if you have mostly hourly workers, not salaried. The hours get rounded, which can also pose problems. You're unable to edit work shifts if they're open so you have to take 2-3 extra unnecessary steps to make proper edits if a mistake is made. The customer service is helpful whenever encountering issues though.

Amanda from Sunrise Heating & Cooling

It's the perfect time tracker for our company

Track our employees time and location and speeds up process when we run payroll

Pros

Saves our company management so much time! It is very simple to set up each time a new employee starts working for us. Also, the reports make payroll easy!

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. I will say occasionally it takes a few seconds to load the notes section of a shift. And once in a while the map doesn't always show a location for start and end of a shift.

Wuttichai from 3millID

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great App for Employee and Administrator

Pros

This app lets your employee track times when working in different projects and locations. It's so easy to clock in and out including start and stop break. It also shows how much they make in the period. Administrator can easily edit employee's shifts when they forget to clock in or out.

Cons

You need a smart phone or tablet to be able to use the app. However, it's easily fixed by providing a tablet in the office in case someone doesn't have a smart phone or forget the phone. GPS tracking is pretty accurate but sometimes you have to wait about a minute for the app to pinpoint your location.

Gabriel from George L Throop Co.

I'm an employee and use app daily

Only benefits I received from this application is the daily hourly tracking of time and also it's nice to get weekly hours worked totals.

Pros

Great for tracking time ! Not sure if this application has other features available since there is no how to option, or simple instructions. Would be nice if there such options!

Cons

I can't clock in if I'm too far away from address job site. Very frustrating. Also never were given instructions as to how to use the app. This app is not so user friendly. Either a customer support number should be available or email were we can send customer concerns

Ben from West Michigan builders

Better than writing out a time card

Pros

Boomr keeps better track of our jobs allowing us to check in on site right on our phones. It also help keeping drive time toward the right job and helps tons with billing

Cons

Make sure you your phone has a good connection. I find my phone has problems because I use xfinities WiFi as well as data. If the WiFi signal isn't good a takes a while to check in and out and go on break. I wish there was a feature with my phone where I could set Boomr to just use data when using it intead of me have to turn on and off my wifi a lot

Tia from Aptivada

Boomr has been great to use! I use it daily wherever I am!

This is an easy to use platform that helps keep track of time cards. I can monitor my hours and breaks each day and week.

Pros

I like that it's all mobile. You can also set up multiple locations to check in at. They recently added a feature so you can edit your shift. This is very helpful if I ever forget to clock out or something. You can also add notes and details to your shift.

Cons

Sometimes while checking in or out the app will freeze or not work correctly. This means it doesn't actually check me in so I have to backtrack

April from MCS

Great way to track employees

Pros

We utilize sub contractors, which can sometimes cause problems in reporting time spent on jobs. This app allows us to see when a contractor is on site or has left the job site.

Cons

Nothing, we love it. I only wish we would've found it sooner. It would've saved us a lot of headaches in keeping an eye on employees and contractors.

Jenna from RLE TAX INC

This app makes tracking time for our employees much easier than an excel spreadsheet :)

ease of time tracking

Pros

I like the fact that it is an app that all employees can use on their phone and that there is a restriction for distance before clocking in.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and clock in/out are not recorded. Wish there was an app version for kindle or desktop version for employees that don't have good phones

Haley from Thorn

Easy Tool

Pros

This app is really easy to use and makes it easy for all employees to track their work time. Not all of our employees start at the office each day, so it's easy for everyone to have this app on their phone to clock in and out wherever they may be working on a particular day.

Cons

Occasionally we have come across getting an "error" screen when trying to clock in/out. Usually we just click out of the error screen and are able to complete clocking in and out.

Hannah from Galaxy Music

The software is so easy to use, I've never even needed to contact customer support! Great company!

Pros

I like the ease of use the most. It's as simple as clicking the clock in button, going on as many breaks as you need through out the day, and then clocking out when you leave.

Cons

I recently found myself unable to delete a shift that was made by mistake. So more freedom in editing shifts would be nice.

Melanie from Privacy Pop

Easy To Use!

Pros

What I like most about using Boomr is how easy and user-friendly it is. From logging hours to seeing your work week summary, it gives you all the information you need without being overwhelming or complicated!

Cons

The only feedback I have is implementing a way to submit request via the app to the Acct Admin. For example, if I need a TimeClock Correction or similar, it would be great to send a notice to the Account Admin regarding a specific shift

Robert from Dewald and Lengle

Some days customer support is hard to contact.

Pros

Ease of use for my employees and available on tablet and also smartphone ease of use for myself to correct times

Cons

Boomr does not refresh itself. If you clock in using phone it doesn't show on boom until you close and reopen boomr. Might be a benefit to you as an added feature along with additional income to add employee scheduling to the app. (not me since my idea). does not allow you to correct time for employees until they clock out.

Joshua from BOSS services

Good for keeping track with afew down falls

Getting paid

Pros

Love the gps it makes it easy to track the time for current job. Over all grate app only downfalls in my book is the limited offline use.

Cons

Some areas that we work in have little to no data, this being a data only app is a down fall. If it could allow you to check into a job in a "offline" mode and then automatically update once data is available would make it alot easier instead of adding the shift each time.

Jay from Photography

Boomr is user friendly, it is simple to set up and continue to use without hassle.

Pros

This product is user friendly, it is easy to set up and continue to use without having to worry about glitches. Definitely a must have for a business.

Cons

At times it has been hard for staff members to sign in and use this product on their personal devices.

Cristina from C & Co.

Easy to use, not ipad friendly

Pros

This is a very easy clock in and clock out process,

Cons

Customer support not great. Does not provide average hours, just a percentage up or down from previous weeks. The i ipad does not turn when the screen turns, we have asked the maker and they were not able to assist.

Joe from Farmerd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Got a good job

I'm so excited about it today and my dad just saw the kids on our phone with the family I would have a problem if it didn't get out there for the kids to go out on my way out there with the new truck that is going on and off to a good time to be able for my kids for kids or something I have never had before they even got my phone

Pros

The only problem I had was when you would like it then it would have to do. The only problem with this is that there is a problem that you need to help with them and if your looking to see what they could be getting the refund would be the only thing I can find out on the game I don't think they

Cons

The urge is not too hard but it would make you it a great way of doing the job guys or something like that it was the only way they would have been the same right about it and I was not sure if it is not too bad at the end and the way they were just the kids they even talked you yeah yeah they don't want me your way to you but they do it too much.

Brianna from DDES

I use it for weekly clock in and out of work.

Pros

I am able to use it on the go, it is easy to clock in and clock out of the app. I am able to easily track my hours, as well as the pay I am determined to receive at each paycheck.

Cons

I do not see or account of anything that could be not liked. There were problems in the past attributing to not correctly giving my location, but those have been resolved.

Kristin from Berlin Community School CER

Payroll would be a nightmare without Boomr.

It frees me up to do more important tasks.

Pros

I love how I can obtain all of my payroll reports in just a few clicks. I also like how I can see who is currently working, and the times that they clocked in.

Cons

I think that the phone app could be a little better designed. Some of my staff members get a little confused while clocking-in and clocking-out on their phones.

Stephanie from Phx Cable Svcs.

I use this time app on a daily basis. It is very straight forward and is very easy to use.

Pros

It is very easy to use and makes keeping time a breeze. I also keeps track of how much i am earning and that is really helpful.

Cons

The break button does not request confirmation and it is easy to accidentally start your break when you don't mean to. Sometimes there are issues with the app and it you are unable to log in to the app.

Tyler from ThreadBird Printing

Quick and Easy

Pros

This product allows for proximity clock in, meaning that it WILL allow employees to clock in using their own personal devices, but it WON'T allow them to clock in unless they are actually standing in the workplace. This avoids any fraudulent claims to time spent on the clock when really it was time stolen from the clock.

Cons

This product does allow for a daily tracking that shows your time spent and what that translates to on your paycheck. However, this product does not allow for a continuous build to those overviews in order to see what your entire paycheck will be. You're forced to select each time frame separately and do the math on your own.

Don from The HCI Group

The best app for tracking

Pros

Easy to track your time and it's simple to clock in and out. Being an app, it doesn't require you to boot up your laptop. It's handy to be able to access via web, mobile, or laptop.

Cons

I have had trouble connecting before, but I don't know if it's a problem with my ISP, my wireless network, my phone, or with Boomr.

Genevieve from San Diego Vacation Rentals & Realty Consultants

Great time clock app

Pros

I appreciate that the Boomr app is easy to use and integrates easily with our payroll software.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons to using the Boomr app.

Catrina from Mile High Eye Institute

Easy to use!

Pros

The app is easy to use! I like that it shows you how many hours you are working each day as well as let's you inform management if you forgot to clock in or out of the app.

Cons

I really don't like how often it freezes. I would say at least 2-3 times a week it will freeze and I will need to reload the app!

Eli from Harvesting Media

Perfect for What We Need

Easily track employee hours and approve.

Pros

Our employees are able to login on a daily basis, leave their hours and I approve them on a weekly basis. This is exactly what we need. The fact that there is easy-to-use mobile app makes this a lovely solution for our young business.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much that we dislike about the software. Perhaps a discount if we were to pay six months in advance (instead of a year, which is a big commitment for our young company).

Vidyuth from Entrupy

Useful for contract work

Extremely useful in helping track people's hours and locations, especially if they are in transit a lot or visit different locations. It seamlessly integrates into various payroll s/w which makes it super simple to run payroll (hours worked are auto-populated). They do lack a few more integrations into accounting and also could do with more robust features (have better reporting tools and better user management).

Cristina from C & Co.

Super easy to use!

Pros

My hours appear clearly with totals, I don't have to think about anything, all the info is there. I can clock in from my phone if our work computer is occupied. i like that I can add a photo to my profile. App is easy to navigate. The dollar amount I have earned from each shift appears. I can tell at a glance if I am working shorter hours than normal, etc. Overall, Boomr is easy to navigate on ipad or iphone, straightforward and simple. I have enjoyed using it this past year.

Cons

It asks me twice if I would like to clock in. It wastes time overall and if you are opening the app you are obviously trying to clock in or out.

Kristi-Anne from Converge Communications

Review 1

Overall i love BOOMR!

Pros

I like the reports and the payroll. Being able to break a job down by location and see the hours on is great.

Cons

I am the administrator so when a shift is edited i would like to see what was edited on that shift. Any some times the GPS does not ping their location correctly.

Justin from Peace Collective / Peace Treats

Wonderful program and very useful!!! Love the ease of navigation too.

Makes my job easier and my life stress free when I have to calculate my rent and stuff. I know how much to expect to be paid on the daily and how much hours I'm working on a day to day basis with pay incorporated within it on the program.It is fantastic and I've recommended it to all my friends and other establishments and companies!!!

Pros

I love how easy it is to read and calculate my hours and pay on a weekly basis!! I also love the app on my phone for when I'm on the go!! Also love the email updates I get on the weekly.

Casey from Amherst Innovative LLC

I use this app daily for work. It's user-friendly, and I haven't had any major problems with it!

I am able to keep track of my hours for work very easily!

Pros

I like how easy it is very easy to use. This app also has a simple yet aesthetically pleasing look to it. It makes clocking in and out of work very simple to do.

Cons

I dislike that I, as a user, am unable to delete a shift. My phone was doing something funky and added two shifts in one day, but I was unable to remove one of the shifts myself without having to bother my manager. Otherwise, it's a great app!

Lindey from Anyone Home

Simple and effective

It makes tracking employee time a lot easier. I can also compare schedules to their time a lot faster to make sure people are here for the time they should be. My time management is a lot better because of this.

Pros

I like that employees are able to track how much they are making for that day. It also makes it easier to keep track of who is working what hours and make sure everyone is following schedule. Making changes to employees time cards is also a lot easier now. I can approve multiple schedules at once and I can use one profile to work with multiple schedules.

Cons

I wish we were able to physically change the exact time employees went on lunch/break just in case they accidentally forget to punch. I know we can put the time they were gone but I think it would be a good tool to have exactly when they went in case of error.

Nathan from The Meekermark

Industry: Photography

Boomr Review

Pros

Very easy to use. Makes it nice to see how much you’ve worked.

Cons

Nothing I don’t like. The app works very well.

Rebecca from Cioccolato

This was such an easy system to set up for my small stores. Employees are at ease working with this!

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, clean and modern feel to the application, great for small business owners!

Cons

There's no way to verify who punched in or out with the system. I use an old ipad, so there's no finger print option to verify which employees are using the system.

David from Family Promise of St. Tammany

Was the answer to our issues

Easy tracking of hours for grant reporting.

Pros

Verifying actual hours worked. Prior to Boomr we weren't sure of the exact hours worked. Honesty was being questioned.

Cons

Some of the website features are not available on the app. The ability to add shifts from the app need to be added.

Awesome and Easy to Use!

Pros

Cons

Occasionally when I'm out of wifi or data range it will log me out (or at least appear like I'm logged out) rather than just telling me it couldn't connect.

Joseph from DT Real Estate

Good product for small business time tracking

It is an easy to use product for any small business that is looking to simplify and implement efficient time keeping practices. Offers easy usability for any user. Simple platform to implement quickly.

Pros

Ease of setup. Ease of use. Simplistic design and functionality for basic use and small business operations.

Alan from HCL Technologies

A good employee time tracking application.

Pros

Since we had started using Boomr, we were able to save a lot of time on managing the employees. Everything is automated and there are features to add notification and reminders too. For me, the best part is the payroll feature. It easily keeps track of how many hours the employee has worked and from where. You can even track the projects and check overall organizational performance. To ensure optimal productivity, every work shift is auto documented. Tracking weekly total hours is such an inspired feature. It provides timely notifications to clock in or out of work. Best of all, very cheap considering other options available in the market.

Cons

Currently, the system rounds up hours worked. This could cause problems. But I guess that issue is already being worked on. I have also gotten complaints from employees that it is not user friendly and they don’t know how to use it properly. So, more training and tutorials are needed.

Brittany from Olsen painting inc

Great app for our employees!

Have loved it

Pros

Love how easy it is to use and track with gps

Cons

Don’t have anything bad to say! It’s great!

Dimitri from AlphaOne

Easy to use, great platform, overall it is a great app for a small and medium bussiness.

Easy to use, beautiful and portable.

Pros

It works with wifi or data. You can use it everywhere and you dont have to have punch in machines in the store.

Cons

After some major updates I have to figure out where are the buttons but it takes only 5 minutes. This is not a major issue.

Tracie from North Shore Partners, Inc.

Good for my small business

Pros

The Boomr solution's simplifies time tracking for my employees and makes payroll management a breeze!

Cons

Minor complaint given our particular use case, but at present there does not appear to be an option for requesting reports be sent automatically to admin via email