All Buddy Punch Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Buddy Punch Tracks Hours At The Push Of A Button.

Katrina

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

PROS

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

CONS

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Replied January 2019

Jaclyn

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Rumble Boxing Englewood Review

PROS

Ease and accessibility for employees. It is self explanatory for them and easy to understand.

CONS

Price is a little higher than what I would have liked to pay.

We're delighted to hear about the ease and accessibility Buddy Punch offers to your employees, Jaclyn. It's our goal to make the platform intuitive and straightforward. We understand your concerns about the price and are committed to delivering great value. Thanks for your honest feedback!

Josh

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2016

so so not greatest

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

PROS

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

CONS

Most of it

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Replied September 2016

Kelsie

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great Time Management

PROS

Easy to clock in from anywhere and still manage how much time you've worked in a day. Easily tells you when you've gone past 8hrs, and also great for seeing when your team members are clocked in or out.

CONS

Wish the time wasn't in decimal form so that it's easier to tell how much time you should work without going into overtime.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

Instead of sending messages through Skype when we clocked in or out with potential of forgetting to do so and then payroll has to record all those messages, our times are easily exported for accounting to put our time in without much hassle.

Hi Kelsie, we're thrilled you find clocking in and managing work hours a breeze with Buddy Punch, not to mention keeping an eye on team activity. Your feedback about the decimal time format is super helpful – we aim to make time tracking as intuitive as possible. Thanks a bunch for your valuable insights!

Katelyn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Easy On-the-Go Time Management

PROS

I love how easy it is to clock in and out with Buddy Punch, or edit my timecard if needed. Buddy Punch informs me of how long I have been clocked in, which helps me manage my time effectively. The ease of time management is critical, especially for jobs that are not always on site.

CONS

There is nothing that I would say I dislike about Buddy Punch.

Thanks, Katelyn! We're thrilled that Buddy Punch makes clocking in, editing your timecard, and managing your work hours a breeze for you. It's great to know our platform fits so well with your needs, especially for managing time on and off-site. Your positive review means a lot to us!

Shea

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great Tool

PROS

Great tool for clocking in! I like that I can do it from my phone!

CONS

If the internet is down it may make it tricky to use.

Thank you for sharing, Shea. It's fantastic to hear that the mobile access of Buddy Punch is making clocking in a breeze for you. We recognize the difficulties that can arise without internet access and are looking for ways to improve that area. Thanks for pointing this out and for being a part of our community!

Replied March 2024

Jaydeep

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very Useful Software

PROS

I liked all the features and it's very Useful employee management.

CONS

It requires to ask permission for camera

Thanks for acknowledging the usefulness of Buddy Punch when it comes to managing employees :) We're glad the features meet your needs! Regarding the camera permission, it's designed for added security, but we appreciate your input as we strive to balance convenience with privacy. Thanks again for your feedback, Jaydeep!

Replied March 2024

Monique

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Buddy Punch is extremely user friendly

PROS

accuracy and easy to navigate. It is easy to go back and check your past punch ins.

CONS

There is nothing that I do not like about Buddy Punch.

Thank you for your kind words, Monique! We're thrilled that Buddy Punch's user-friendly design and the ability to easily check past punch-ins are making your experience a positive one.

Tami

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great Experience

It has been very easy to use and navigate through

PROS

Easy to Use and Easy to track your time, req time off. User Friendly

CONS

I am new to Buddy Punch but so far there hasn't been an issue to report or give negative feedback

Welcome aboard, Tami! We're thrilled that Buddy Punch is proving to be user-friendly and efficient for managing your time and leave requests. It's great to know you've had a seamless experience so far without any hiccups. Your ease of use is our top priority, and we're always here to help ensure it continues. Appreciate your feedback!

Antonette

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

EASY TO USE!!!

PROS

accessibility - computer or phone easy to use

CONS

not able to schedule vacations in advance

Thanks for the shout-out, Antonette! It's great to know the ease of use and accessibility of Buddy Punch on various devices meets your needs. For scheduling vacations in advance, our Time Off Calendar is your go-to tool. It allows for future planning with just a few clicks. If you have any questions or need a walkthrough, our support team is ready to assist. Your input is invaluable to us!

Cathie

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Buddy Punch is the BEST!

Our experience has been phenomenal.

PROS

I like the fact that the support staff is very willing to try to accommodate requests that we have.

CONS

I would like it if we could put Exempt employees on the system, just to track PTO.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

I liked the customer service the best!

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

Because I was frustrated with the inability of HomeBase to be flexible when we had to run payroll early due to storms (hurricanes), etc.

Thank you Cathie for the review and kind words! We always try to help with support, even if we don't offer a feature we try to find a way to accomplish what you are looking to do. In regards to employees just tracking time off, they can do that too - there isn't a requirement to track time. We'll reach out with more details, thanks again!

Replied November 2020

CONNIE

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

PROS

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

CONS

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

We have not considered other products because Buddy Punch has met our needs and they are frequently sending out emails with improvements to the program.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

We wanted more features and a better cost.

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Replied December 2020

Mia

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Easy and simple to use

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes. If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

PROS

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time. I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off. I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

CONS

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel. Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

Employees comments on how they disliked It because it was not easy to use and the GPS tracker was always on even after hours, which drained their batteries. Other business owners complaints on user friendliness and being limited to what even they were able to control.

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Replied March 2020

Josh

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Good Product

PROS

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

CONS

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Replied August 2019

Mike

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2016

How good is buddypunch?

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood. Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs. Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button. They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time. Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site. There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

PROS

Good design Easy to use Intuitive Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

CONS

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Replied September 2016

Domanic

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

PROS

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

CONS

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Replied October 2019

Rafael

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Payroll Time Savior

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

PROS

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

CONS

None

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Replied August 2016