• Pros

• "Easy to understand and to use. Lots of good features. "

• "It's extremely user friendly - I love the graphics ALso love the review options "

• "I love how simple it is for our team to request holidays and to monitor sick days also. The interface is nice too."

• Cons

• "The web interface was a little messy but they’ve mostly fixed this now and cleaned it up. I usually use the mobile app anyway which has always had a clean interface. "

• "There have one or two minor glitches over the period we've used the service. These have, however, been dealt with very quickly and efficiently on those rare occasions. "

• "As english is not my native language, sometimes I feel that I need some translation. But overall this isn't a big deal."

Browse CakeHR Reviews

Nicole from phew Limited

Easy to set up and run

Although we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.

Pros

I really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.

Cons

The trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

Reasons for Choosing CakeHR

Bamboo's functionality is great, but was much more than we needed, and was significantly more expensive.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Nicole, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR! There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand. So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :) With thanks, Viktorija

Craig from Bedrooms Plus Ltd

Industry: Furniture

Great software with a great team behind it

We solve the complexity of holidays clashing with Cake HR. It's a a core part of our business that every employee uses.

Pros

Cons

The app is a bit limited and it would be helpful if it offered a full calendar view.

No mortgage required for Cake HR

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Many thanks, Craig! In case you feel that you have any other feature suggestions you want to share with us, please make sure to post them through your app or profile, green box at the bottom of right corner :) Best regards, Viktorija

Anna from BetterSpace

One of the quickest growing HR systems on the market

Only second to one system, which is unaffordable for us. I look forward to seeing how this company develops. I recommend this system for any growing startup and SME.

Pros

Very responsive team. Slack integration of the leave management is handy and updates in realtime Leave management is really good, I like that you can extra mandatory fields. We use this to track out of office staff, and remote working. It's also used to track time spent on their personal wellbeing. The app is handy, I know most of the staff use this instead of the web version. The org chart with collapsable levels and drag and drop changes is a very strong feature.

Cons

most cons are just potential development and improvement as apposed to major flaws. Adding timesheets could be more streamlined, maybe a quick add from a calendar style overview would be nicer. Expense management - it would be great to be able to integrate with Xero.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied July 2019

Dear Anna, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Let's hop on a call and discuss those in more details. I will be in touch with you :) With thanks, Viktorija

A great organisation software

I use CakeHR on a daily basis to schedule my vacations, to register expenses and to schedule my home office days. I also use this software to check when are my team-mates in office or away

Pros

This software is very user friendly and you don't need to be an expert on websites to figure what you can do inside the platform. Is also an easy way to organise your team vacays and to have a overall view of the entire schedule

Cons

The only downside for this software is that sometimes when creating a new account the invitation request might fail but the support temas acts quickly

Response from HR Bakery

Replied November 2019

Hello, The team here at CakeHR is thrilled to hear such great feedback :) Referring to the stated issue, invitation requests are not actually failing but expiring if you have not logged in within the next 48 hours. It is actually a common practice and was introduced for security reasons. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation! Best regards, Viktorija

Teona from GCF Partners

Industry: Investment Management

HR Module

it's comfortable in use comparing with our previous HR portal, but definitely it's not tailor-made for customers and our contact person in support team is negligent and not professional

Pros

it's easy to use. has nice interface. n/a

Cons

1. unfortunately phone application it's not comfortable for managers. Computer version is more friendly than mobile app 2. support team does not support in professional and western manner, couple of times they didn't answer my e-mails and removed me from correspondence and contacted my IT manager instead, when the issues were very specific related to HR and couldn't be answered by IT alone 3. Presence monitoring is not relevant. If employee takes first half of the day as an annual leave, you see it all day long (i.e. it doesn't disappear in the second part of the day and information is so long that you should scroll down a lot to see all staff leave data) , if employee adds second part of the day as annual leave it shows employee's data twice on bar. same goes with all type of leaves. If employee is late, it shows whole day long, why? what't the value? My IT contacted support team as they don't answer me and he said that it's like this though illogical. 4. Support team uploaded staff info provided by me, and they didn't even check that some data were missing i.e. personal information of employees were missing and they didn't double-check if every box was filled or missing something

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Teona, Our entire team apologizes that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standards for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that those standards were not met in your interaction with our business. CakeHR team love helping clients and I am sure we did not intend to make you feel left out by contacting your colleague instead. We will internally investigate this situation to make sure those misunderstandings does not happen again. I will contact you directly to determine how we can provide you with a solution that will make you smile :) Let's get on a call and address this asap, we value your business. Thanks so much for letting us know! Viktorija Customer Success @ CakeHR

EBIN from RightVows Job Store

One of the best HR management solution on the market

We can now manage our employee details in a single click and though a dedicated mobile app.

Pros

Cake HR is the best tool to manage the employees and their day to day data. We use Cake HR to get employee attendance and to have their pay slips ready at the time of salary dispersal. HR application that has all the needy features can be seen only on Cake HR. The most impressive feature we have seen and used is the automatic salary form generation so that we don't want to manually create the salary form to be filled by the employee.

Cons

The salary slip generation is a bit slow and takes a lot of time on mobile app, please have a look on it.

Damilola from Damtops

CakeHR Review

Pros

CakeHR software design is simple and user friendly, the tool is very useful for organization set up it helps to know who is off duty and reason they're off duty. Their well designed mobile app makes the software more easier to use. Their customer support response rate is great.

Cons

Uploading document can not be segmented to some specific member of the team, the document will be sent to the whole team, unless the document is uploaded individually and this can be so stressful to do. CakeHR needs to improve their service feature in order to perform advanced functions.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied September 2019

Hello Damilola, Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our support team, they always try to go above and beyond! A solution to the mentioned issue is just a few clicks away, please contact me directly so I can give you more details. I will make sure the process of adding documents will be less stressful for you :) With thanks, Viktorija

Sarath from SSDI

I loved cakeHR and User friendly app

Pros

CakeHR app easy track maintenance college,school and employees details and easy to set up Convenient dashboard

Cons

Easy to understand and good features mobiles app is available Overall it is good compare to other tools

Response from HR Bakery

Replied July 2019

Thank you, Sarath, for your positive and encouraging feedback :) Best regards, Viktorija

Awesome!

Overall, CakeHR is a great HRIS system. The integration between timesheets and attendance is seamless.

Pros

I love that supervisors can easily approve or deny time-off requests at the push of a button. It is so simplistic and easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was an ATS included with CakeHR but I am sure as it grows they will build an ATS or have it integrate with other ATS's.

Santhosh from SHARP Software Development India

One is too many on CakeHR

Pros

CakeHR is one of the best tools to track employs details, easy to set up. It supports very useful features employee Timesheet, Leave Management & Reporting, etc...

Cons

As of now None, because CakeHR is doing good...

Stefan from Siam2nite Co., Ltd.

Industry: Online Media

Great

Pros

For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Cons

- Day Offs: In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.) It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking: What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime. Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance. Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hi Stefan! Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent. I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!

Anna from New Work

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Cake is great for small companies

Overall we are happy and will continue to use Cake for hopefully many more years. We hope our requestes will be taken to development

Pros

It was very easy to setup its quiet user friendly it allows some automations vie receipts price is based on users

Cons

as we grow very fast our needs change, even tough the cake team did implement a few changes to also accommodate our needs some are not satisfied yet: option to choose a worktime pattern when adding new user complex leave policy setup with formula for holiday allowance based on i.e. (age, number of children etc.)

Response from HR Bakery

Replied July 2019

Dear Anna, Many thanks for your honest feedback! I just wanted to mention that there is automation available for some other tools except recipes. Let's get in touch to discuss our further cooperation and make sure you're making the most out of your subscription with us. With thanks, Viktorija

Laura from Findasense

Cake HR is a Strategic Partner for Findasense

Has helped us a lot in the optimization, automatization and agility to handle our employee data and processes like leaves, feedback, goals, etc. We have established an alliance with the Cake HR team and this has allowed us to customize the app to our and being able to find solutions to our daily needs.

Pros

Intuitive for its use, user friendly, modern look, flexibility in workflows and constant improvements in the app. The best part for us is that we have constant contact with the support team and work very closely in designing processes and workflows to respond our internal needs.

Cons

We are working on having a more horizontal structure and be able to install a collective decision making process. So far Cake HR needs for everyone to have a "manager" for approvals in many of the processes so sometimes we need to think around that. This is not a mejor limitation since the app also allows for some processes to have automatic approvals, but would be interesting to evaluate new organization models.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Laura, Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback! Our goal is to keep new and existing CakeHR features fully customizable, therefore options for different organization models will be definitely considered :) With thanks, Viktorija

Lee from Silktide LTD

A great HR platform for smaller companies

Overall I am very happy with CakeHR. I am able to figure out who is in and out of the office with ease. My staff love how fast it enables me to approve/deny the holiday requests as it gives all the information I need to make the decision, including automated emails to me and the other administrators. I love how I have been able to integrate this with my google calendar too. The reporting gives good information to so we can better tackle our staff who are off on long term sick etc. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

I like how simple the software is to use and setup. Your business can be good to go in a matter of minutes. The UI looks good and is a very helpful tool to the organisation I work in. Gives me a good overview of who is off and for what reason that day!

Cons

I don't like the permissions model. The reason I stated for a smaller company is because as you grow, it feels the permission model can become a bit more problematic if you want to be setting up complex permissions. E.g. Users able to see everyone off on holiday that day, even if not in your own team.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Lee, It's so nice to see that you are actually using a variety of features and find them helpful :) I can assure you that there will be more permission models available in the future, we are working on it. I'll keep you posted on the progress. With thanks, Viktorija

User friendly HR app - highly recommend!

Overall, an amazing experience. I did a bit of research as to what CakeHR can do, and when I approached the supporting team, they are very accommodating and patient in regards to the questions I have. Customer service is definitely one of the things that stood out to me, how responsive and helpful the team is - shout out to customer service who has been helping me along the way!

Pros

How easy it is to get a hang of using the app, which also makes it easier for us as a company to onboard members and encourage them to utilise the app accordingly. There are a lot of functions to play around, and I find 90% of the functions applicable to the company, and would be applicable to other companies too. Makes keeping track of employee's goals and tasks easier than ever, with notifications sent to certain individuals frequently yet not too much that they would consider it as spam.

Cons

Wish there could have more functions to track the personal development of employee(s), like having a roadmap or letting them see what is the next step for them to advance to.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Thanks a lot for such kind words, we really appreciate your feedback! If I understand you correctly, you are already using CakeHR Performance module. However, due to the reason that we are constantly updating our existing features, it would be great to arrange a quick call, to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience. Please get back to me, so we can agree on a time and date :) With thanks, Viktorija

Cake-hr for time-off management

It's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use.

Pros

- easy UX and UI - convenient dashboard - ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic) - integration with a google calendar & slack bot - custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided - mobile app available

Cons

- documents storage is not convenient for users and search - had few cases with support team when did not receive a reply in time - would be great to have a follow-up for managers if they do not approve/decline the request of their direct reports - request for few hours per day does not allow to give precise hours, simply [number] hours in the first/second part of the day. I would prefer specifying exact hours

Response from HR Bakery

Replied August 2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! :) I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated. As it happens, our Document storage UI is being improved as we speak so if you have ideas how it would work better for you, please get in touch with us! Speaking of TO requests, there is a functionality to specify hours for part-day request, however it depends on permission settings defined by Admins at your company. I'd love to take our conversation further, so please do get in touch and we will find the answers! :)

Olga from Wandoo Finance Group

The Potential of the CakeHR

The CakeHR, although with some issues, has quite the potential, especially if the developers continue improving and updating it. Not to mention that it is cheap in comparison to, for example, same BambooHR and it also fulfills pretty much all the needed options. I was pleasantly surprised with the customer support that I was provided while working with this software: if you have any questions or issues - the support team will always answer you within a day and try their best to adjust the software's settings to your liking and if you still have any further questions - they will arrange a meeting to help you solve the problem. The CakeHR is especially convenient for those companies that are functioning within one country. However, even if the company has several branches located in several countries it is still not a problem. Although it can be a bit confusing at first with all these access levels and settings that you will have to think about - with the right tags and teams you will manage it just fine.

Pros

The Cake is very convenient for employees in terms of usage: it is simple, understandable, and solves the problem with the time-off policies' usage tracking.

Cons

There were quite a few issues that weren't particularly to my liking; however, after mentioning them to the CakeHR support team - they were quickly fixed and changed in the way we wanted them to. Still, there is one thing that I think needs an improvement. As of now, when you want to upload the documents - you cannot filter/restrict them by location or the team. You can either upload it for everyone within the company to see it or upload it individually. As you might have already realized from that - if you want only one department or only one country's branch to see a certain document - you will have to upload it individually every time.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied August 2018

Hi Olga, thank you so much for taking time to submit your feedback. More options for documents share is due to be in production next week - so watch this space! :)

Edward from Atom International Technologies Limited

A solid option for a startup and SME

This has been a great solution to managing the day to day HR ops. I also like that i feel that i am contributing to making this product better such is the interaction with the CakeHR team. I am starting to reach some scalability limits but this software is evolving and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a startup or SME.

Pros

It has all the standard features you need at a budget friendly cost and the customer support is responsive. The UI is intuitive, even for the employees who didn't really need any training to use it. I also like the G-Suite and Slack integration.

Cons

It needs more feature updates to have better functionality and scalability - the support team and community is pretty good at taking on requests and fixing bugs though.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Edward, Thank you very much for your insightful review! Do not hesitate to share your ideas with us, your feedback really matters :) With thanks, Viktorija

Julie from SalesFuel

Excellent Product!

Pros

Managing Time Off for multiple teams and multiple types of time off. Makes it very easy to see where everyone is without having to manage a company calendar. Easy to use on the go with the mobile app and emailing capabilities. Easy to accept someone's time off request within the email with just a click of a button. Absolutely love this tool for our team's time off.

Cons

Can't set the admin to send me just my team's requests, so I get a lot of emails for our whole company. very hard to edit time off requests. Don't like that after it's approved, it's hard for the user to go in and change their request and be assured it's logged correctly.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Julie, It's so exciting to see that you are enjoying both, our software, as well as the app! :) It's so important to have the ability to manage work-related tasks on the go, right? I'll contact you directly, so we can go through the permissions and time-off settings to arrange them in the way it works best for you! With thanks, Viktorija

CakeHR review

The best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.

Pros

It is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.

Cons

Bugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up. New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines. Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative. System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Hello, We very much appreciate your feedback! I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys available any time soon, due to the reason that different companies have different needs, therefore we try to keep all the features fully customizable. We are always giving as many examples as possible during the onboarding process, however, if you feel some additional information is needed, do not hesitate to contact us through the chatbox that is available on your desktop and app. What I can promise is that we will have our knowledge base updated any time soon, meanwhile, as I have already mentioned, please use the chatbox, we are always here and happy to help! With thanks, Viktorija

Solid HR Management Tool

Have really loved using this across a distributed team while still giving us the feeling of being connected, cohesive, and consistent across the board.

Pros

Loved using this for onboarding as it made the process seamless, especially with the app. The perfect option for growing teams who want a consistent employee experience across the board (form onboarding, to reviews, benefits, etc.) it all lives in one place and makes it so easy to access.

Cons

The only thing that would be nice to change is the ability to be more specific with requesting an exact number of hours so you can be more specific with your request for time off.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied July 2019

Hello, We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience! I'd love to help you out with those additional specific fields that actually can be added to time-off policies, therefore please contact me directly or use a Chatbot in the right bottom of the CakeHR screen. I look forward to hearing from you :) With thanks, Viktorija

Anna from Techery

Nice service for a 20-50+ company

Pros

UX, simplicity of usage, nice colors, great customer support.

Cons

Before we got The Unlimited Vacation Policy I always had an issue with correct days counting.

Nice and easy to use

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Anna, We are glad to hear that overall you are happy with your CakeHR experience. Just to remind you that whenever you are facing an issue or feel uncertain about any of the features, do not hesitate to address our team through chat box that's available both on your dashboard and your app. You will be contacted asap with a provided solution :) I'll get back to you to make sure you are all set! With thanks, Viktorija

Sarah from SalesFuel

Piece of Cake!

Recently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.

Cons

I have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Sarah, Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future. Thanks again! Viktorija

Natasha from Exponation LLC

Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests.

The software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.

Pros

I like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)

Cons

As an administrator/manager of the software, I find it difficult to navigate on my Android phone. I don't like being limited to this as I sometimes have to approve individual "time off" requests in the absence of the company President and when I am away from the office.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Natasha! Thanks! It sounds like you're all set to go! I hope our recent update to the mobile has benefited you in terms of user ability. We want to make sure that you are efficient even when on-the-go.

Angie from New Innovations

Truly - a piece of cake!

Great!

Pros

Simple - user friendly where you can jump right in with little to no training necessary on most features

Cons

no sample templates or surveys for performance management to start using right away that can be edited/customized towards specific organization needs - would be great if there was a starting base to better understand how to use those features with best practices and samples showing ways to measure performance based on newer trends (OKRs, 360 evals, 1 to 1 meetings).

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Angie, Thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate you being a loyal client and helping to share the word about us. We provide only templates, as it is easier to adapt them according to one's specific needs. However, we are always trying to give as many examples as possible during the onboarding process. In case, some more inspiration required, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat box, we are always happy to help and share some tips and tricks. :) With thanks, Viktorija

UX is great!

CakeHR is a much better experience for our employees than other HR services we have used. We have gotten positive feedback about it from our team.

Pros

Really appreciate the amount of effort they put into designing this app out. The visual experience is far superior to any other HR app I have used in the past.

Cons

There is additional functionality that can be hard to find, such as where to put documentation like the employee handbook. Also, I would like to see users be able to be grouped into multiple different teams or views.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Hello! I'm pleased to hear that you and your team are enjoying experience with CakeHR. I would love to have a further chat with you to review our document management feature, that is very handy in use. This feature gives you various possibilities to organize, store, as well as, notify employees on added documents, give specific permissions, so it's easier to keep a track. CakeHR also offers possibility to add as many teams as you like. Access to team's profiles, documents, reports, and much more can be set according to your needs. There is so many options we can offer you to make your work life easier, let's get in touch so I can give you a more insight! :) With thanks, Viktorija

Amanda from SalesFuel

CakeHR make PTO sweet and simple

Working with CakeHR has been a dream! There interface is incredibly user-friendly and makes managing our PTO policies a breeze. Managers love being able to accept/deny requests directly via the email notifications, and our employees love having quick access to submit time on the mobile app. CakeHR is well thought out and designed, but our company has a few needs that CAKE does not directly meet. However, their support team is absolutely tremendous! They respond very quickly despite the time zone difference, they are always asking and open to our requests for features, and they immediately jump on any issues we encounter and resolve them with flying colors! Finally, we love the integrations with other apps and our IT guys love being able to use their API to sync employee data to our internal company pages, simplifying PTO for our employees even more.

Pros

Credit/debit of days Set auto increase of allotment based on employee hire date Documents Section to store all our onboarding/benefits info Being able to edit/enter time off that has occurred in the past

Cons

Would like to see more detailed customization such as: View my PTO balance as days remaining for year vs. days accrued thus far For PTO less than a full day, it would be nice to enter the exact time the employee wiht be out of the office. More control over notifications for Admin level users.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hi Amanda! Many thanks for your honest review :) We're about to release an employee Scheduling feature that will allow all employees to see full attendance lists of employees. I'll make sure your introduced and set up for this module!

Madeleine from Remazing GmbH

Great, easy to use tool

CakeHR makes it easy for us to save and document our time-offs, no matter if its vacation, sick days, business trips or home office days finally everything is put in one place. Due to the great Slack integration, the chatbot informs us about absent employees every morning and makes it easy to plan our resources. Costumer support is amazing!

Pros

- saves all our time-offs - overview above vacation and sickdays - reminder for birthdays and work anniversaries - Slack integration

Cons

- a bit too less flexibility regarding time off policies (e.g. it would be great to have a policy where working students could enter when they are in the office, not out)

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Madeleine, Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review! I will get in touch with you, so we can go through policies and set them up in the way it works for your company. All our features are fully customizable, so I am sure we will find the way you get the most out of it :) With thanks, Viktorija

October 2015

Rachel from VSware

October 2015

Impressive, no fuss, tidy little package.

I've been trailing CakeHR for two days. Below is my experience so far. What I really love: 1. In the cloud. We're a cloud based company ourselves so this is a massive plus for me. 2. Nice friendly UI. Easy on the eye, logical flow, nice modals, profile pictures for team members. 3. Can add additional Time-Off Policies other than Holiday & Sickday. 4. Can add Public Holidays that don't count as team holidays taken. 5. Can add Black Out days where no one can book holidays on certain dates. 6. Ability to hide certain tabs from team members like Benefits, Documents, Emergency etc. 7. Can hide calendar from other team members so they can't see who's on holiday etc. 8. Can add categories to Documents. 9. Lots of reporting! Bradford Factor & Employee Growth is a nice touch. 10. Can create teams, support team, dev team etc. 11. Ability for team member to log in and submit holiday requests. This isn't something I've enabled yet as I'm still trying out CakeHR however I can definitely see the benefits of this - less emails & notes! I'm not calling this list 'Cons' as I don't have any cons. The below points are suggestions: 1. I had to add each Black Out day individually. We have a 6 week period where no one can take holidays. Would be nice to have a start and end date ability here. 2. An app. How cool would it be to have a CakeHR app that you can approve/decline requests on the spot & see who's available on your team that day. I know I'd use it! Android of course ;) I really love CakeHR's approach to time off management and would recommend to anyone with no hesitation.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied February 2016

Hi Rachel! What an intense two days of trialling you had! The feedback is awesome and you know that we have been able to address your "nice to have" list at the bottom. It is feedback like this this really... feeds us! We have the Android app releases imminently! I will let you and VSware have first-look at the app!

Gary from VEGA Global

User friendly and easy to use.

Cake handles the things we use it for well. Tracking holidays, managing certain manually entered HR processes, but it lacks a lot of functionality which would be needed by an HR system.

Pros

Well presented and easy to use for admin and for users.

Cons

Still Missing features I would like to see from an HR control package

Response from HR Bakery

Replied February 2019

Hi Gary, Thank you for your feedback! :) I know that you have been in touch with our team before about various functions and features that you would like to use for your People Management, and I think we should get on a call to touch-base on our latest enhancements as I believe you will find them very useful and handy! I'll be in touch with you directly to arrange a call. Thanks Ilona

Will from LEAP

Great PTO Scheduling & Tracking

Being able to submit a request for time off easily from my phone through the app, have it notify the correct people within our organization to give approval, and then notifying me when the approval is made has greatly simplified PTO tracking for me. I can easily how much time Ive used, how much I have left, and view a calendar with my scheduled time off as well as others within my team. CakeHR has many other features that I dont personally use but could see being very useful to others.

Pros

CakeHR lets me to submit requests for vacations, be notified when theyre approved, as well as see when others on my team will be out making it easier to plan for time off.

Cons

The web interface was a little messy but theyve mostly fixed this now and cleaned it up. I usually use the mobile app anyway which has always had a clean interface.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Will, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We are happy to hear that CakeHR makes your daily routine a little bit easier. Just wanted to point out that there is possibility to organize your dashboard, enable/disable or customize some of the fields the way it addresses your needs. I would love to schedule a quick call to discuss some hints & tips - let's stay in touch :) Best regards, Viktorija

Nice but too young yet :)

Could be a good choice, but functionality has to be improved

Pros

User friendly Flexible (at least in concept)

Cons

No recruitment module Not enough fields in recipes (I am pretty sure that it is possible to let user to use much more variables and logic operators (jumps, triggers) and play with boolean search and complex logic). No calendar of upcoming appraisals for all the company, which could be useful for HR service to plan the load (I mean, standard calendar table view for the whole year) No recurrence (you should duplicate the same task manually, instead of setting of recurrence 'once per every 6/12/18 months etc") When you change initial task itself, the workflow which includes this task, still contains not updated version. As for me, if any component has been changed, it should be relevantly changed in any more complicated structures which contain that 'brick', instead of manual searching where this component could be used and further manual changing.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a detailed feedback - this allows us to constantly review our product and improve! :) As it happens, we are about to release our new shiny Recruitment module! You are very welcome to test it out in the beta version - please get in touch with me directly and we'll set it up. We are also constantly adding more Recipe variables, and there are to meet our customers' demands. If there is anything in particular that you think should be added to the Recipes, please get in touch. With onboarding tasks, it has to be looked at each case specifically as one scenario will not fit all and therefore cannot be applied automatically. I would love to go through these points with as you directly I can see some very good ideas there. Please write to me :) Thank you Ilona

Sarah from Tool & Cutter Supply

Industry: Wholesale

So easy

We track holidays by anniversary date. Before CakeHR it was a daunting task to keep track of everyone's entitled time. Now we don't have to worry at all.

Pros

This software is easy to learn, easy to use and great for tracking holidays, sick time, appointments, training etc..

Cons

Time off per individual should be the first page or we should be able to customize our views.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Sarah, I very much appreciate your feedback :) It's actually possible to customize your dashboard, add or delete information blocks based on your preference and needs. I'll contact you directly and will show you how it's done! With thanks, Viktorija

Easy

I love the attitude and easy way of working with Cake HR! attitude, customer oriented mindset and ability to look on us as unique client , to listen to needs and respond ... My experience is really great! and even if there is missing some functionality - cake hr is seraching for the ways to improve it.

Pros

Cake HR helps to fix the basics, to have a structure for people management matters. Excellent soft, have helped a lot in case where we needed to start from scratch and move from excel to something more up to date in HR .

Cons

some functionality is missing what I have experienced with global providers. example - access rights, management between different companies if on holding.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Thank you for you review and pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, most actually already done! If you want to know current status please contact us and we would be happy to give you more details and arrange some demo call :) With thanks, Viktorija

Liz from Doghouse Post Production

Cake HR is a very handy tool

Pros

Shows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.

Cons

The price went up recently which isn't ideal as we're not getting more for our money. Probably could offer more things on the site.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hi Liz I hear your concerns about the price going up but without any new features. The pricing increase was our first in 6 years - since CakeHR began. "plans" became legacy and we made the cost much more easier to manage. The problem with the plans was that you would essentially pay double for a new hire that would take you from Plus to Premium, for example. That being said, this year, we're releasing the following: Timesheets & Scheduling Performance & Appraisal management Expenses Training Applicant Tracking All of the above whilst we are also improving on the current features! 2018 is going to be a hot year! If you want to talk about the pricing more personally, I'm more than happy to make arrangements for that and make sure you value CakeHR and your company correctly.

Mohammad from Clickwise

Fantastic easy to use leave management software.

Our previous leave management was managed using spreadsheets and this has made things a lot easier.

Pros

Very easy for staff to be able to request time off and for managers to approve these requests. The interface is laid out well and is very easy to use for both management and staff alike.

Cons

The app has limited functionality, there is no option to facilitate scheduling and rotas for staff members, it is not possible to define different hours on a weekend (each day worked is assumed to be the same number of hours). There has also been an issue that i believe remained unfixed where the annual leave year commences on the same day as a public holiday. It throws the whole system off.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hi Mohamed, We've wanted to impress you for a long time and I know it has been a long time coming but our developers have been working hard and wee finally ready to show you our full-blown Scheduling module for CakeHR. I'll set up a call to take you through the product and you can then schedule your staff with ease!

David from ArchDaily

Great tool to strength you company culture

An important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.

Pros

Easy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.

Cons

Some of our policies were a bit tricky to setup (non US nor European company).

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

We love working with you, David! Policies can be a tricky thing when you have employees in other countries but I'm really glad that we get you set up and making the most out of CakeHR for years!

CakeHR has provided me with an excellent balance between feature and cost.

As a small business and only two (2) employees I was able to find a cost-effective solution for managing my employees.

Pros

It fulfils the critical requirements for managing Human Resource meaning a means for storing employee information , onboarding and offboarding features, time off management and a neat asset tracking module for assigning specific assets to employees.

Cons

Well the software does not have an attendance tracking feature, however I understand that this feature is in the pipeline.

Rodrigo from MyShowcase.com

An HR "silver bullet"

We turned to CakeHR when we got to 9 employees. Until then we were tracking MyShowcase on a clumsy spreadsheet that was always wrong. From one day to the other everything was easy and clear. We've kept on using CakeHR. We now have 27 employees. Never have we done any training. CakeHR is super easy to use, new employees seamlessly get on with it. I strongly recommend it for any small to medium sized company.

Pros

Ease of use Feature set fully meets our needs

Cons

none

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Thank you, Rodrigo! CakeHR is perfect for the scaling and growing company. I'm really proud that we hit it off with your employees.

Andrea from Annettes' Preschool

CakeHR works for Early Education

This has created a smooth way to communicate with staff about their work/life balance and we use it for both 8 hr day shifts and 10 hr days too.

Pros

I like that my staff can see who else is requesting time off, so they can work as a team. Our workspace requires that no more than 1 person can be off at one time (due to ratio) so this feature is great. The customer service is outstanding and fast! Love the chat room.

Cons

That when a new staff joins, the future black out days need to be "re-checked" for the new employees and this can lead to mistakes/misunderstandings since the code "blackout" wont' read correctly for them.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Andrea, Great to know that CakeHR made it easier to focus on work-life balance, something very encouraging to hear :) I'll look into this matter and will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. With thanks, Viktorija

Robert from Gempool

Cake HR - Solid Technology

Pros

Its simple, does what it says it will do. Personally I like how it syncs with the calendar.

Cons

I took a week off during easter. We have down on it a company day on Good Friday and Bank Holiday on the Monday. Both days were taken from Annual leave.

Reasons for Choosing CakeHR

Just made sense for us at the time for reasons mentioned above. I can't even remember if there was a difference in price. But it was close and would urge others to look at it also.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Robert, Thank you very much for reaching out! I'll contact you directly, to go through Leave management once again, as mentioned issue can be resolved, a few clicks is all it takes :) With thanks, Viktorija

Alina from Aucor Oy

CakeHR is pleasant and hopefully it will be developed further.

ToDo -lists and deadlines (e.g. Onboarding and offboarding activities are now under control.) Directories and archives (e.g. company assets and documentation)

Pros

I like especially the look and feel of the software and that it works quite intuitively. Also, the dashboards are great.

Cons

It would be great if one could configurate it a little bit more. For example the holiday practices. And the user rights, e.g. so that all users could see each others' work contact details. Also, it would be great to have a personal training section for each member of the personnel.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Thanks, Alina! We're currently building a training section of CakeHR so you can keep track of certificates, documents and much more year on year! Using the Android or iOS mobile app for CakeHR, your employees can view the company's directory along with employee work contact information.

Nereida from OFICINA CONTABLE JM

Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks.

A big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.

Pros

What I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.

Cons

A big disadvantage of CakeHR is that it integrates with payroll systems, but not with benefit portals or learning management systems. We are waiting for you to integrate all this.

Jahana from Chess Tag

Great for our agency of 25 people.

Total organization of our company's tasks and projects.

Pros

The dashboard is my favorite feature. After about a year I have the perfect system set up to control all my own tasks while managing and overseeing everyone's tasks in the company. Timesheets are also great.

Cons

Creating recurring tasks can be tedious. Support helped me figure out a way to duplicate entire projects, but then making changes don't apply across the board. If there was more ease of use, Wrike would be perfect.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hi Jahana, It sounds like you've reviewed Wrike but not CakeHR :D Not to worry, I'm going to set up a call and make sure you're happy with our solution!

Nikolay from Provectus

Good and very intuitive tool. Some country features are missing.

Pros

Intuitive tool. Employees like it . Good management workflow. Good ability to manage approves via emails.

Cons

We still need to support two tools. We count vacation from start day of the employee, but CakeHR count vacation days from the physical year

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2018

Hey Nikolay I'm going to set up a call to make sure your policies are set up correctly. It seems you have missed one important feature in policy settings so I'll spend some time with you to make sure it is correct.

Dominik from Sixty AS

Pros

Easy set-up of policies Flexible recipes Good integration to Slack

Cons

No option the save configurations for reports! Really needed! Automated reporting cannot be configured in detail and custom reports cannot have their parameters saved. Org chart is not flexible enough, only based on the direct managing lines. Hard to reflect the administration structure of approvals in it. Also need urgently an option

Response from HR Bakery

Replied June 2019

Dear Dominik, Thank you for pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, let's take our conversation further and I'll give you more details! :) With thanks, Viktorija

Ross from JuiceIT

Great product for anything HR related

Overall great product which simplifies HR processes within the organisation.

Pros

The versatility of the product is great, from quarterly reviews, asset tracking, leave management and more. We deployed this at a client that was looking for a hosted HR product and CakeHR was the perfect fit.

Cons

More flexibility on leave setups would be good, like the ability to have certain leave days renew every 3 years and expire.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied October 2019

Dear Ross, Thank you very much for your time and review! Do not hesitate to contact me directly to share any additional ideas, suggestions, your feedback really matters :) With thanks, Viktorija

Matt from Carmalink

Simple, easy to use HR software

Responsive to concerns, no reliability issues

Pros

Our team uses it to manage our paid time off and remote working policies. It's super simple and easy to use and very cost effective.

Cons

The way it is set up is probably designed for larger teams and takes a bit of effort in order to see everyone's calender as opposed to only the individuals on your 'team'

Response from HR Bakery

Replied July 2019

Dear Matt, Thank you very much for your feedback! We suggest using also our CakeHR app, that will help you to manage time-off policies much easier and it's more convenient when you are on the go :) With thanks, Viktorija

Nick from Computer Software

Industry: Graphic Design

Human Resource As Sweet As Can Be

CakeHR is a great way for small companies to feel like they have the presence of a HR department. Although it doesn't replicate all the services it makes sharing information, organizing time off, and more easy for anyone to do. As someone who used it as an employee of a company, it made putting in time off requests easy and the customer support was fantastic the few times I needed to reach out.

Pros

CakeHR is a system I've had to use as an employee. Being forced into a system can often be intimidating and confusing. Using it as an employee has given me the confidence I would need to use it as an administrator if I ever wanted to. The accrual system is fair and responsive and the scheduling and permissions of other users allows everyone to be in sync. For instance, I can see when my co-worker is planning Christmas vacation so I can ensure I'm not taking the same days.

Cons

The only con I can really think of is for United State businesses is that the company is in the United Kingdom. This can cause time zones to kind of be wacky in certain circumstances but they've been providing more and more support in that regard in recent updates and company based decisions.

Mark from Yogscast LTD

An invaluable tool for our business!

CakeHR allows us to ensure that our staff make the most of their holiday entitlement, track their achievement and manage to run a progressive, agile company without the need for a dedicated HR member of staff.

Pros

Easy to use, great to navigate.

Cons

Historical data is more manual to access than current data.

Response from HR Bakery

Replied January 2017

Hey Mark, Thanks for the feedback! We're going to be enhancing how CakeHR reports on historical data very shortly :) It will be a breeze to get those end of year reports that were missed off!