CATS

CATS Reviews

RATING:

• icon"This system is super easy to use and doesn't require a lot of training. Very simple easy to use process flow."
  • icon"We can seamlessly take over each other's work when colleagues are on leave or otherwise busy. The application portals are very easy to use and the workflow is intuitive and useful."
  • icon"De ease use, Cats has a lot of functionalities is good for recruitment."
  • icon"The software does not work well with LinkedIn."
  • icon"Terrible consistency , terrible reports , and defensive tech support reps."
  • icon"No ability to drag and drop related emails or documents into a a candidate or client record."

Browse all CATS Reviews

• Have you used CATS and would like to share your experience with others?

LeQuay

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Time used: Free Trial

June 2014

CATS is a phenomenal tool for Corporate & Agency Recruiters!

Let me start by saying that I have been with CATS for the past few years. My experience has been nothing short of excellent. CATS has far more robust features than the other recruitment systems I've explored and/or used. It can be used to manage candidate flow for existing requisitions or to build strategic candidate pipelines for the needs of the future. CATS is easy to customize the system internally to work within your existing recruitment processes. Most of the other tools I've used has required us to create multiple work around processes forcing and even change our internal processes to meet the requirements of the system. This isn't the case with CATS and it only took us an hour or two to set it up. CATS has made various plug-ins available free of charge to its subscribers. These plug-ins allow you to do everything from edit resumes within the system using a Microsoft Word Plug-in, leverage WordPress, and even send LinkedIn profiles and resumes from job boards directly into the CATS system. You can easily move data from other recruiting systems to CATS. You can either upload large batches of resumes or even upload a CSV document from Excel directly into the system. One of the best features behind CATS is that it is a tool that continues to grow and is always improving. They continue to grow in excellence through the value they place on the feedback from their subscribers. Many of the suggestions recommended by subscribers have been implemented very successfully and relatively quickly. I strongly recommend any organization looking for an extremely robust and customizable recruitment solution to consider CATS. You can even avoid lengthy contracts.

Pros

Robust Features Customizable Saves time by posting to various boards through CATS Very user-friendly Cost effective

Cara

August 2022

CATS is great for tracking applicants

Overall I had a positive experience with CATS. I still use it, I just don't mass email from it. I think it is the best applicant tracking system out there for what I do.

Pros

How easy it is to use and if you don't know how to do something, they have videos you can watch with an easy to follow step by step process.

Cons

My main issue was Customer Service but only within the last year. I feel the rep I worked with didn't understand or try to understand my issue which ultimately led me to go somewhere else for the email side of things. I still use it to track my applicants but I think since they made changes to the email structure several months ago, there has been problems with candidates seeing my emails.

Reasons for choosing CATS

I was referred to CATS which led me to use their systme.

Reasons for switching to CATS

I was having issues with my emails being received from CATS

Ryan

We've had decent experience with CATS but are currently looking at other options.

Pros

It is less complex than other solutions that are bloated with unnecessary features. The LinkedIn plugins and resume searching is good. Customized workflows is a good idea although they lack flexibility to get at incorporate important data in triggers (like Activity notes associated with a status change).

Cons

It seems like the underlying data model of CATS limits what they can do with their product. Contacts and Candidates are tedious to work with and behavior seems to change randomly (i.e. duplicate logging of emails to a single person, merged profiles overwrite information). The email integration has been unstable and recently realized that it logs emails for users that are cc'd (not the sender) on emails which throws off metrics for our staff. The Slack integration is really limited and almost pointless (i.e. all messages go to same channel, no way to send activity information like notes for a status change). There is no way to associated an active assignment with a candidate (this is all done through candidate pipeline and status changes). There is no way to log activities for multiple contacts/candidates (like a group lunch). Calendar / Event Scheduling is clunky and behavior changes constantly. We used to make events visible to all so it showed up on the Upcoming Events on the dashboard but now they are only visible to the user that created it. There are many other nuances with private vs. public events.

Benjamin

Without CATs I'm not sure how we would manage

Excellent, the sales and support staff are always on point. I hate calling tech support in general, but really don't mind with CATs. Always affable and helpful. We have yet to have an issue that wasn't promptly resolved by the CATs tech support.

Pros

Ease of in-house communication and interoperability. Each user can easily see the work of their colleagues which cuts down on a huge amount of unnecessary communication. We can seamlessly take over each other's work when colleagues are on leave or otherwise busy. The application portals are very easy to use and the workflow is intuitive and useful. Honestly, I'm not sure how we could manage with such a lean HQ staff without having CATs.

Cons

The only con I can identify with CATs is their search algorithm. The Boolean search functions can be improved. For example, if I'm looking for an "Education in Emergencies Specialist" within my database and search for this phrase using the Boolean quotation marks I will occasionally get results that identify anyone who has the word "in" somewhere in their resume. Yes, I also get "Education in Emergencies Specialists" but also a lot of people with completely irrelevant CVs. Some of this is mitigated by using the tags, lists, and custom fields but sometimes weird results are populated. Again, this is really the only issue I have with CATs and I'm really nit picking here. I don't find this to be a significant impediment to my work, and the pros heavily outweigh this one con.

Reasons for choosing CATS

I wasn't involved with that process.

Reasons for switching to CATS

The previous database solution was no longer supported.

Valonda

CATS was a Godsend

We appreciate being able to unify our process, helping streamline our process, provide our applicants with a consistent experience, identifying where our good candidates are coming from and unifying our recruiting team and efforts.

Pros

I appreciated the support through the set up process and the responsiveness of the team to our beginning processes. There is so much customization for your workflow and we have appreciated all of the improvements to the system over the time we have used it. (over 6 years)

Cons

Honestly - it's really hard find things we don't like about the software. Support has been great about helping us to work around things we thought we wanted.

Reasons for choosing CATS

Simplicity - ease of set up and experience with the sales and support team

Reasons for switching to CATS

We had very little support with the last system and many glitches!

Amber

Excellent ATS Option

Pros

We went from using the same ATS for over 17 years when we decided to make the change to CATS. It’s modern, sleek, easy to use and customer support is very easy to understand and knowledgeable.

Cons

I do wish there was a platform versus it being web based.

Reasons for choosing CATS

Cost, functionality and more.

Reasons for switching to CATS

Ready for something better that could support modern recruitment styles.

Jeff

Long time user

I switched to CATS more than a decade ago when it was a free beta program. It has been a part of my business on an almost daily basis. It's comfortable and hard to imagine switching to something different.

Pros

Great interface, comfortable to use. Becomes familiar quickly. Grown with the software.

Reasons for choosing CATS

Familiarity and interface. Like the ability to customize workflow

Reasons for switching to CATS

At the time, it was free and had a better interface.

Marc

I love CATS

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. It has all the functionality of a large CRM in a great software that is affordable

Cons

Have not found any yet. I would like a couple other calendaring functions but just a minor change would be it.

Reasons for switching to CATS

Gopher is heavy, slow and has no LI interface. Plus it was installed vs cloud based.

Erik

CATS provides a better than average data warehouse for candidates and contacts

I can't really make an evaluation of this as we haven't used anything else in my time with the company.

Pros

-Fast searching and easy candidate importing -Easy access from phone or computer -Excellent uptime vs. other web-based ATS

Cons

-Disambigulation between candidates and between jobs is laborious -Little support for texting, LinkedIn or other social media messaging -Only allows one email per candidate to be contacted at a time -No internal support for matching candidates based on town without ZIP code with a search for a specific ZIP--there should be an automatic matching of an arbitrary ZIP code withing the named town in a candidate profile when a user puts in a ZIP code radius

Traoré

October 2022

Recruitement for all hieres

Pros

It is automatic to hiere and profecional apllicants

Cons

The pro version of tool is more expenssive

CATSone is better than most for less. Email sync issue, and reports are innacurate

CATSone is a great product and we recommend for anyone needing a applicat tracking system. its customizable to an extent. Fields are linked so you can't mess up data. Its good if you use it for CRM. Reports are odd, and email sync feature works 50% of the time. (adding emails to contacts in CATS with matching records)

Pros

Easy interface, great application site wizard , and great job site , built in, , customization of fields with restrictions (so you don't mess it up) . Status, and custom status available. Map custom status's to 'mapped' status. No cloud storage fees for resumes, or files that get attached to applicant / candidate records. API is useful but not without faults. Good custom reports per user. Google drive link, and online MS word linked. Live previews of images. Easy to read reports (there are some faults) Reporting is best thought of as a gauge and not an accurate thing. All around a great system. I recommend it to anyone whom has this need. Easy to use with live chat support per user for how to use it. Great training seminars. Etc. Good for when you hire 1 to 1. 1 hired applicant to 1 location. Email sync feature is great when it works. 50% of the time. It may be related to email host. I dunno. Reports are good. There are many. If you need New Applicants per user.. then you have to manually enter. But still many reports. Great price point. Beats many more expensive systems .. its has faults as your gonna read. But don't let that get you down. It's still worth it.

Cons

Hired applicants are 1 to 1. Hired Applicant can only work in 1 location. It's just not set up for 1 applicant in many locations. Non hired applicants can apply to multiple places, just not work in multiple locations. Its rare you need to hire one person in multiple locations. Via API you could achieve 1 to many locations via API and custom fields. But it's not gonna be easy. NO reports for new applicants per user if you use Live Job Application site. Reports new applicants per user only by manually enter each applicant. Reports can be difficult to understand. There are no white papers on it, and only some customer service reps understand it fully. Email sync feature works maybe 50% of the time. (email sync places copies of your email communication in the contact whom has matching email) Results may vary depending on email provider. Limited API calls per user, per hour. Need more ? They won't sell you more. You have to keep adding users. 500 API calls per hour per user @ $99 per user a month. but at least there are API calls. Really funky though. Be prepared to be confused. but eh , that's API ..

Darlamae

CATS - AS AN HRIS SYSTEM...it's not just for recruiting anymore

I have multiple clients and can easily adapt CATS to meet their kooky HR and workforce planning and job posting, ATS needs. It allows me to uniquely tailor my client's portals and documentation and electronic communication needs form job posting to off boarding. No other software program out there does what CATS does...I know I've tried them all including Bamboo HR, Zenefits, HR Direct Apps to name three that don't compare to CATS.

Pros

All the cool customization that I control to meet both me and my clients HR and full cycle recruitment needs. Tech support is awesome and always there to help answer questions and problem solve.

Cons

Perhaps the ability to include I9 and W4 electronic onboarding so I can stop using DocuSign.

Reasons for choosing CATS

I have been using CATS exclusively since 2007 when I needed an ATS system and CATS has made incredible technology advancements over the years that has grown with me and my mobile HR and payroll practice. Thank YOU..CATS development team!

CATS - Best ATS in the Market

CATS has allowed our team to be more productive. Its continued improvements along with stellar customer support make this product on a different level than competitors. We have seen a dramatic increase in recruiter productivity resulting in increased client placements.

Pros

Easy of use, functionality ability to be a part of upcoming improvement discussions

Cons

Nothing at this time comes to mind. We love the product and the results.

Reasons for switching to CATS

Easy of use and better support

Overall pretty good. Customer service is outstanding. However, some features are not intuitive.

I work at a recruiting firm and we all use CATS daily for our recruiting database. It is the most comprehensive and flexible software that we have found so far (though needs more flexibility in some areas). The flexibility in tagging and sorting candidates and being able to assign tasks to other recruiters has been great. The star feature, status's, adjustable application fields and archiving are fantastic features. We use this product daily and have been very pleased with it for the most part.

Pros

Customer service. Extensive database of information and flexibility in most aspects of the product to adapt to your needs.

Cons

Some settings are hidden and it's not intuitive about where certain features are. I don't like that there's not a way to preview the cover page in a job pipeline (like there is for a resume), you can't email multiple people to ask for reviews on multiple candidates (which would be helpful for us as we serve nonprofits and Boards with multiple people are often making the decisions).

Ann

September 2016

EXCELLENT customer service, they answer on the first ring!!

LOVE CATS, terrific applicant tracking system and EXCELLENT client support. We have invested in systems over the years but not being especially savvy with technical issues, have always run into roadblocks by not being able to utilize all the options and with limited customer support could never figure out how to implement half of what was offered...this is happily not the case with CATS.

Pros

LOVE the ease of use...even for someone like me who is not naturally adept at navigating my way through different systems, we have found that CATS is extremely user friendly, and on the occasions when we do need help, calling into their live US based customer support hotline and having nice, friendly people always eager and endlessly patient to help makes using CATS a no-brainer.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any negatives...we have tried out multiple ATS and CATS is at the top of the list in terms of ease of use and customer support.

Solid Recruiting Software for Recruiters

Comprehensive CRM database for a recruiting firm. Couldn't live without it.

Pros

Customized Pipeline management. The database gives you multiple ways of viewing your pipeline. Combined with calendar integration, they make it easy to stay on top of your list of things to do. Loading in candidate resumes to a mailbox makes it easy to update the database. The capture tool makes it easy to load LinkedIn resumes to the database. The jobs integration to your website is easy to set up. Customer service has been great and the Price is very affordable. It's browser based and works on any platform.

Cons

I don't have have real complaints. They use a voting system to prioritize updates. Sometimes there are a few minor features that I would like to be implemented. But they are adding new features all of the time.

Jeannine

Works very well for I need

Customer service is very personable and friendly – they have the rare gift of actually WANTING to be helpful.

Pros

It is customizable, versatile. I like being able to sort on the various categories. Every day I learn something new that the program can do / different ways I can sort the data.

Cons

I do not have any at this time. Upon further investigation, the issues that I thought I had actually stemmed from my own need to become more familiar with the program.

Response from CATS Software

Thank you, Jeannine, for taking the time to write a review of CATS! We think we may already have a solution for the issues you mentioned. A member of our support team will be reaching out to help!

Replied January 2018